An European Journeyman Adventure

danielgear

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spend spend spend, you will get bored after a while though, knock off a few Champions Leagues then find a new challenge.

Best of luck anyhow Dan. :applause::)

I think you are right barney, I'm really not used to having much money to spend, its overwhelming and abit boring I have had a spending spree in the summer. Im hoping it will ensure we are competitive this season and the next. The squad is very ageing I dont think the AI managers let players go once they are past it. But the long term plan is use the great youth system here. (unless i get sacked!)

Summer Transfer Window, Pre-season, August and September 2024 Update

Transfers Out

summertransfersout-1.jpg

Transfers In

SummerTransfersin-1.jpg

Results

septres-6.jpg

League Table

septtable-3.jpg

Overview

First things first, I've spent big and brought alot of players in and shifted alot. (I'm not enjoying all this money and being the top dog, I much enjoy being the underdog) I'm not happy that I've spent that much but I want to win the league quickly so brought in the best to do this. Also Ive bought alot of quality youth players for the future as the Youth squad currently isnt the best. We started off with a defeat against Real Madrid in the cup but since then we have been on form, With the exception of Milan. The way its going I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would so if that doesn't change I would like to win the league and any other trophies then leave with that on my C.V.

From Bristol City to Liverpool to Barca all inside a year, don't see that everyday!

Shame to see you leave City to be honest as it looked like you were really building something there but I understand the lure of the clubs you have since moved to.

Good luck at Barca :thup: You certainly haven't held back in the spending department!

The team has gelled fast only new players in starting 11 are left back centre back right wing left wing and a striker. The rest of signings are squad and youth. Due to Spanish rules of 25 men 3 non eu and anyone over 18 I overspent on under18s to increase the depth.

Feb/March 2025 Update

Results

febmarcres.jpg

Table

marctble.jpg

News

I've thought about it and I've Decided I will be leaving Barcelona in the summer, Hopefully with the League and Cup double in my hands, I'm not enjoying managing these theres seems to be no challenge with unlimited funds the board and just pumped another £200m in the Kitty, I'm gonna look around and find the job that suits me

April & May & End of season Update

League results for April & May

finalresults.jpg

Final League Table

finaltable-4.jpg

Copa Del Ray Cup Final

finalcup.jpg

News of The Double!!

finaldouble.jpg

Season Review

A Successful season that ended with a League and Cup double. My first trophies for 6 seasons, I'm glad we won but as I have mentioned I haven't really enjoyed my time here.

Joboffer-2.jpg

This offer landed in my news and the first thing that caught my eye was the lack of funds on offer for a big club like Newcastle

table-1.jpg

I then saw they have just been relegated hence why their manager got sacked and they are £50m in the Red.

The Job appealed to me after looking at the squad and the age of the first team players

oldsquad.jpg

This was obviously a Club in dire straits so the challenge to rebuild the whole club top to bottom, get them out of the championship, get them back on a better finanical grounding and eventually get them back in europe.

After have a look around the club and transfer listing anyone I deemed not required this is the squad I was left with

SquadRemaining.jpg

We have no money, the players I get rid of have no value so i will be relying on loans and frees as well as youth.

I'm hoping this is the job to excite me again, It has certainly wetted my appiette

This could take a while. :D The very best of luck though Dan.

Thats the plan, In hindsight I left Bristol City too soon, I was building something there and enjoying it and instead went to an already established club and didnt feel that challenge. I know IRL Newcastle are a big club but in this game they are a yoyo team been up and down 3 times in 4 years. So I see it as a challenge to lay some foundations and get the club to the top. As I did with City

Archived