The Hitch hiker's guide to FM12

B.W.G

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Brazil has been known to produce ridiculous talent in FM but these four who came through the youth candidates are probably taking it a bit too far with the two strikers probably able to be better then Hensel :eek:

Rai - GK - Brazilian/Polish

Mateus - ML/AML - Brazilian/Portugese

Paulinho - ST - Brazilian

Bispo - ST - Brazilian/Japanese - This guy is just completely ridiculous,he's not long turned 16 and he is already a good Serie B player!

ShyBaldBuddhist - Thanks :D As good as Bipso looks,he is ranked as the 12 best striker in the team so he has a lot of competition.

SRL88 - Thanks :D A move to Darlington may do him so good,give him exposure to first team football :p

ak22 - Think it's a bit over done with how much talent is coming through.I spent ages scouring Europe with RB Leipzig when I should just have scouted Brazil and fielded an entire Brazilian XI!

abulezz - He'll get some game time if we can wrap up the title with a couple of games to spare.

roganp - Indeed,they'll go nicely with the two I picked up from other clubs!

cerud - Nah,don't really feel a connection forming with Sao Paulo,it's almost too easy so once the Copa Libertadores is won then I'm moving.

rancer890 - Can't disagree there,we have 77 players under the age of 21 :eek:

2022 Transfers - I am only responsible for bringing in Victor and Paiva who are both really bright prospects and will eventually be first teamers in ST and DC positions.Paiva is an unusual one as he is a Brazilian/Kyrgyzstani who has chosen to play for Kyrgyzstan!The outgoings were most of my doing as those who were released towards the end of the season were not going to feature or getting too old and wanted ridiculous wages to stay which was the case for two foreigners in the team which reduced that to my relief!

Competitions

Petrobras Serie A - League Table - To be fair,I only did half the work as when I took over the Sao Paulo position in July,we were sitting in 2nd place.I made a change to the tactics moving from a 4-2-2-2 to a 4-2-4,this saw us dominate a lot of games but due to the unfamiliarity of the tactic,we were not scoring as much as we could possible have done.Saying that,my gamble paid off as we were the league's top scorers and tightest defence.Also had a pretty good record against our rivals (Corinthians,Palmeiras and Santos) although we messed up our Derby game against Portuguesa.Biggest win was 5-2 against Cruzeiro under my management.The biggest under the previous manager was 3-0 against on two different occasions.

Copa Libertadores - Group Stages - I wasn't in charge but this does look a tough group so to just lose out is not that surprising.Santos got further of the two by reaching the Quarter-Finals.The tournament saw a shock winner as Paraguayan side Libertad beat Palmeiras in the final,this was Paraguay's 2nd Libertadores since the start of the save with Libertad also winning the first in 2018!

Campeonato Paulista - Runners-Up - Again,I wasn't in charge but losing to your fierce rivals has to hurt and especially considering it was in a final as well.

Recopa Sudamericana - Winners - This was my first trophy won as Sao Paulo manager.The first leg was one of those games where finishing costs you the match as it was an even game but Santos were the more clinical which sent me to my first defeat in South America!The 2nd leg was complete domination,my only complaint is that we didn't hit ten in the 2nd leg!Here is the 2nd Leg match!Nothing better then giving a team a good thumping to show you mean business!

Players,Stats and Awards

A quick look at the Player's Stats.

Ruben Rojas was the top scorer hitting 28 goals in 48 appearances,one of the foreign players I had the determination to keep.He is approaching thirty which was worrying at first but now we have four Brazilian youngsters waiting in the wings.Definitely has a few seasons left in him and will be expecting him to be top scorer next season.

Sao Paulo legend Lucas Moura topped the assist chart with 21 and also helped the goal scoring cause by chipping in with 14 goals in 48 appearances.He is a very good player who always seems to have an issue with me and now wants to leave the club.I'm hoping the next season he will concentrate more on the football,wasn't his best season by a long shot but still managed to win Craquedo Galera and Fans Player of the Year.

Gustavo won Melhor Goleiro.He is one of the older players in the team but also he plays in one of the weaker areas of the team.He performed very well over the whole season as he conceded 28 goals in 39 appearances while keeping 20 clean sheets.Most of the goals he actually conceded was during the Paulista but I put that down to settling in with a new defence as the previous manager bought in a lot of players.

Special Mentions go to Raul and loan striker Matas Machluf who bother performed exceptionally well.Raul is the oldest DR in the team at 32 and his experience helped us in the few times we came under pressure and even popped up with a vital goal which gave us a 1-0 win.Machluf was on loan from Argentinian side Huracan,he was the number two striker and performed brilliant scoring 16 goals in 31 appearances,I would have like to keep him but due to the foreign limit,he had to go.

Overview

I've been here nearly six months and I've already won two trophies so I can't complain at how we are performing.Most of the praise has to go to the previous manager who left to take over the Brazil job as he left the team in top shape,I just took over and finished the job off.The only downside to the squad is that we have too many foreigners in the team,we have six in the first team and the rules state we can have no more then three in the match day squad which is giving me a headache as the foreign did nothing but whine about not getting much first team action.I have took action with the foreigners and we are down to four which is more manageable.

I've already been linked with jobs back in Europe but I've got no interest,I intend to see my contract out here which ends in 2025 even if I do win the Copa Libertadores in 2023!I'm going to be a more of a transitional manager,see the end of one era and lead the club to a start of a new one.I will be focusing on the level one goals in the continents I have not won the Champions League in,which will leave North America,Africa and Asia if we can win the Libertadores.

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Persepam    Prem Division    Indonesia      2nd       1st Rnd        N/A           739            Promotion!
2012/13  Persepam    Super League     Indonesia      4th       4th Rnd        N/A          1400           Top 4 Finish!
2013/14  Dag + Red    BSB Premier      England       4th       2nd Rnd        N/A          2040        Started Oct,Promoted!
2014/15  Dag + Red     League 2        England       8th       6th Rnd        N/A          3742          FA Cup Last 8
2015/16  Dag + Red     League 2        England       1st       6th Rnd        N/A          3778            Promotion!
2016/17  Dag + Red     League 1        England       4th       4th Rnd        N/A          5828          Playoff Winners!
2017/18  RB Leipzig  3.fußball liga    Germany       1st         N/A          N/A          7899            Promotion!
2018/19  RB Leipzig   2.Bundesliga     Germany       1st       1st Rnd        N/A          13209        Title + Promotion!
2019/20  RB Leipzig   1.Bundesliga     Germany       3rd      RUNNER-UP       N/A          21573        CL Qualification!
2020/21  RB Leipzig   1.Bundesliga     Germany       2nd       WINNERS       GS/RU         27012        DFB-POKAL winners!
2021/22  RB Leipzig   1.Bundesliga     Germany       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS        36664           Won Treble!
2022     Sao Paulo      Serie A        Brazil        1st         N/A         Group         58710           Won Double!

Budgets

Transfer - £20 Million - £14.75 Million remaining

Wage - £671,689 p.w - Currently spending £563,047 p.w

2023 Pre-Season Transfers - For the transfers out,the first three who left were too old and were just taking up too much wage budget so they were released.The next two who joined other clubs were foreigners but due to having too many foreigners in the team,I decided to let them leave seeing as they would not get a lot of first team action.Just the three joined the club,Chorao and Rai are both Brazil u20 internationals and decided to bring them back to the country.Gilson is a 22 year old DC who is currently the 3rd choice DC but as he is younger,we will see a lot more of him in the future.

Expectations - My expectations in italics

Petrobras Serie A - Win the league - No choice but to win the league

Copa Libertadores - Reach the final - Would like to reach the final but depends on the draw

Campeonato Paulista - Win the competition - Would like to win the competition

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/SoPauloFCFixtures_Fixtures.png[/img]"]SoPauloFCFixtures_Fixtures.png

Key Players

Sergio - GK - I actually signed him last season but didn't realise he wasn't registered to play so a mistake on my behalf.Will be our number one keeper in the season and is still quite young at 25 and has room to improve which is always encouraging.He has got good handling which would be his strong point whereas rushing out is his weakness.

Neguete - DC - First choice central defender in the team for now.Maybe getting on a bit but his valuable experience always comes in handy,had a fairly solid season last time around as he played in 44 games and averaged at a solid 7 overall.Has been at Sao Paulo since 2016.

Rai - DR - New signing from Columbus who themselves got him from a Serie C side.Paid the high fee more for his potential then his current ability.He is the number two choice DR but there is not a lot of difference between the two.Will become a big part of a future Sao Paulo side.

Fabricio - MC/MR,AMC,AMR - A very versatile midfielder who can play practically anywhere in midfield.I will mainly play him in the MC position until some of the youngsters are ready to be promoted to the first team.Seems to be a solid midfielder who I will play in the more attacking MC role unless I can find someone better.Will be expecting him to make some sort of impression.

Lucas Moura - Any attacking position - The antique furniture at the club,has been here since 2008.He doesn't seem to like me much but it doesn't stop him being a key player in the team.His favoured position is AMC but as I don't use one,he will play mainly in the AML position.He had one of his poorer seasons last time around and all I can hope is that he can pick up his form from the 2020 season where he averaged at 7.98 over 57 games!

Ruben Rojas - ST - Last seasons top scorer,will be looking for more of the same from him,also this season he will not be burden as much by the foreign limit as we are now down to four.Had his best season for goal scoring last season and will be hoping he is able to get around the same tally this season.He will be at his peak this season but with the chances we create,he should be able to bury most of them.

Ones to Watch

We have that many young talents to watch but had to narrow it down to Fabio,Paiva and Victor.These three players are the most likely to break through this season with the four youth players of Bispo,Rai,Mateus and Paulinho being a bit further down the line!

Overview

To be completely honest,there wasn't much for me to do during pre-season as there is already a very good set up.All I did was let some of the older players go and bring in some much younger players in.I need to bring a few more youngsters in to be ready for the future,particularly in the DL,DR,MC and AML positions.I've still got quite a bit of budget left to have a look but will go bargain hunting in Serie C as there seems to be a lot of hot prospects for dirt cheap prices,this is how I got Victor and Paiva!We have a good enough team to challenge on all fronts but my main priority will be the Copa Libertadores even if the board want to win everything!The team is fully familiar with my 4-2-4 formation now so I am expecting a few high scoring games to please me.

I will most definitely be here come end of the season as I've got till the end of 2025 before my contract expires.We have a good set up and with a few tweaks,I bet I could win the Club World Cup before I leave but first up is the Campeonato Paulista which I intend to win especially with my fierce rivals being in it!

The Copa Libertadores draw has been made and I've got an easy group like I wanted:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/CopaSantanderLibertadoresOverview_Stages-1.png[/img]"]CopaSantanderLibertadoresOverview_Stages-1.png

I feel we stand a good chance although Boca will be a pain but will be more then ready for them in a serious competition.

Great start with Saõ Paulo. Should have a successful season ahead too, as you have some fantastic players at your disposal :thup:

Much better draw in the Copa Libertadores; last season's was pretty horrendous, so not surprised the club was knocked out early.

AK22 - Thanks :D I think that group would have pushed me to my limit as well so I am feeling a bit confident this season.

ShyBaldBuddhist - Thanks :D There is talent there but will take a bit of time to find them due to the number of players some clubs have.If you do find some then there is a good chance that the approach to sign button is there.Those fees paid were just compensation fees.

Played 17 games in the Campeonato Paulista and we have a record of 16-1-0 while scoring 50 times.With regards to the Libertadores,we've won 2 and lost 1 as we lost to 2-1 to Boca but still sit in 2nd place after 3 games.

I'm hoping to get the Paulista finished tonight,my mid-season update will be after the state competition is finished.

Competitions

Campeonato Paulista - League - Quarter-Final - Semi-Final - Final - Wasn't even that challenging,we dominated all the teams we played even in the game we drew which turned out to be one of those days.Not too bothered by the goals conceded as my tactics are more based on attack so I will go out to score more then the opposition.Although,during the four extra games,we didn't actually concede a goal so it was brilliant performances at both ends of the pitch.This win was São Paulo's 25th Paulista title and only need 5 more for the all time record!

Copa Libertadores - Group Stages - Second Round - Group stages were straight forward,although we did lose to Boca which was our own fault for not finishing our chances.We did beat them by the same score in the return leg but should have been more,no challenge in the other games.In the 2nd round we faced San Lorenzo and I was expecting a bit more of a challenge then they actually gave us,we dominated both games and could have won by more then the 6-0 we did!

Overview

So far,so good!We have one title in the bag and just the two to go.I am expecting the actual league season to be more challenging then the Paulista as even the bigger sides did not take it seriously.I even gave Bispo a run out and he scored twice in eight appearances so not too bad for a 16 year old!As for the Copa Libertadores,only poor finishing cost us a 100% record in the group.The 2nd round had some surprises with the holders Libertad crashing out along with Boca,Goias,Fluminense and Corinthians so I am fancying our chances of winning the competition alot more!

Roll on the end of the season which will probably take just as long considering I've only just got through 31 games for half a season!We had no major problems so far as we have scored 95 times while conceding 13 goals.If I can carry on that form then we should have little trouble in the league.

In the Copa Libertadores,we've been drawn against the sole remaining Argentinian side Lanus which I think we should be able to beat them but we can't afford to underestimate them either.

Archived