*OFFICIAL* Football Manager 2012 Feedback and Discussion Thread

Have to say I love this years game.

Only problem I have faced is the default font. Thankfully Someone had made a skin with a different/bigger one which made the game playable for me.

I think a number of things have been mentioned by other people already but something I like is the sub/keep on option when a player gets injured. I think this could be improved upon if your Physio gave you some sort of recommendation. I know you can go and view the potential injury at the player page but I'm no medic, so a word on what the injury is and the potential implications of keeping him on from the physio would be nice.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I don't mind saying I cursed SI when I heard about the Steam only route. In fact I swore that I wouldn't buy the game and that I was finished with the FM series for good!

How wrong was I!

When the demo was released I decided to give it a go and install Steam, figuring that if I didn't like the Steam route then I could easily uninstall and forget about playing. I only played one pre-season match in the demo but it was enough to confirm to me that I would be buying the game!

For me this years version is the one that has got me addicted all over again - it's like being back at school where I would skip afternoons/classes just to go and play CM. Since then I have continued to buy/play religiously although probably not on the same time scale due to work and other commitments.....until now!

This years game just seems so much more in depth and polished than before. I've had the game since Friday and am still in pre-season looking to get everything sorted from tactics, training, backroom staff etc. On this years version you actually feel attached to your club, players etc. Also for the past few years of FM I've always downloaded a tactic to use due to not havng enough time to spend on the game but this year I'm developing them myself as I actually feel I owe it to myself (and the game) to be successful. Same with finding new players, I used to always just look at other people recommendations, but now I find myself spending hours scouring lower leagues and abroad to try and find players that will fit into my team and it's tactics.

The new layout of the game takes some getting used to but I think it was badly needed as it's made me 'explore' certain things a lot more. The new tactics screen I think is excellent which makes things simpler but also has a lot more depth to it. As I said I'm now creating all my own tactics and have certain ones for situations such as home/away games and european games etc. The team talks are also a welcome addition - I love being able to use the new tones and also talking specifically to certain ares of the team such as defence etc. For the first time I have to say I feel really in control of my team and individual players. I'm hoping that next year SI will look at introducing something like this for press conferences and they don't seem to have changed at all. You can see in real life when someone like Sir Alex gets irate at a press conference or if he's in a joking mood and something like this would be a great feature and make them a bit less tedious than they are at the moment.

Overall though I'm delighted with the new game and it's certainly reinvigorated my love for FM which I felt was slowly fading as I got older. I have to thank SI for this - although I'm not sure the loved ones in my life will be saying the same thing......

• Administrators

The game has now been updated to version 12.0.3, please keep all your feedback here. Changelist below:

Competition

===========

USA

===

- Fixed a crash on season turnover when adding MLS into the game without having it loaded at game start.

- Fixed Vancouver, Portland and Philadelphia not having Academy players properly generated.

- Fixed a crash when playing with two human managers and one of them was claiming a player waived by the other human manager.

General

=======

- Fixed an issue where adding a league was causing more people then needed to be loaded into the game.

Editor

======

- Fixed an issue with international competitions sometimes getting the wrong number of teams from a continent.

Match

=====

- Fixed scaling of distance run stat in match stats.

Training

========

- Included positioning training to goalkeeper shot stopping training

My game is now saying that it is currently unavailable when I try to play it, why is it that I've spent £30 year after year and we're still treated like the bad guys, having new rules enforced upon us every time we buy a new instalment?

It's possible that's happening because the game is attempting to update to the hot fix. Try restarting Steam and giving it a minute or two to kick in.

I just don't understand why I can't play the game I've paid for until steam lets me, seems a little unfair

It won't if it's in the process of updating your files, which is perfectly normal. If you do not wish for updates to be pushed to you automatically you can set STEAM to not allow this to happen.

To do that, right-click on "Football Manager 2012" in your STEAM library and select "Properties". Then go to the "Updates" tab from the box that pops up and you can choose your Automatic updates preference from there. We would advise the default setting however, to ensure you always have the latest version of the game.

• Administrators
I just don't understand why I can't play the game I've paid for until steam lets me, seems a little unfair

As Neil said it may because you're downloading the latest patch. If what he suggested doesn't work, try the following - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184717&viewfull=1#post7184717

Thanks.

It won't if it's in the process of updating your files, which is perfectly normal. If you do not wish for updates to be pushed to you automatically you can set STEAM to not allow this to happen.

To do that, right-click on "Football Manager 2012" in your STEAM library and select "Properties". Then go to the "Updates" tab from the box that pops up and you can choose your Automatic updates preference from there. We would advise the default setting however, to ensure you always have the latest version of the game.

well, STEAM ALWAYS ignores your setting and reverts back to "Always automatically update" every time it restarts so unless you are never ever gonna go online.

it doesn't really matter

• Administrators

There is no problem with injuries in game, the amount of injuries in-game is based on figures from real life. If you feel you are getting too many injuries I suggest lowering the intensity of your match preperation and training. Thanks.

Neil, im finding FM12 really difficult, i just cant do well. Are you planning to release a patch to fix this???? LOL

Thats basically wot some people say on here when there game aint going there way.

I just lost to a Belarus team in the 4th Qual for the Europa league as stoke, so thats me out of the comp......but thats football, get over it!!

Just found this, thank you

• Administrators
Not sure if this has been asked.. Do we have to accept the automatic download of the updated version? What if I was completely happy with the previous version I had?

I would have atleast liked to have been asked...

Must say none of the changes will have too much of an affect on your game unless you've encountered any of the changelist issues and certainly none in a determental way. We very much recommend always having the latest version for the best FM experience. Thanks.

+1. Had not once played the main squad, all injured.

2011102600002.th.jpg

its only a couple days, people just seem to be looking for something to complain about, d'you not remember manchester united last season have evra as their only fit defender and being forced to play fletcher CB and park RB, it happens and don't get me started on arsenal

well, STEAM ALWAYS ignores your setting and reverts back to "Always automatically update" every time it restarts so unless you are never ever gonna go online.

it doesn't really matter

This ^^^^^^^^^^

It would be extremely nice of SI , seeing as they are the ones responsible for forcing Steam on us in the first place, to alert them of this issue and have it amended.

Seeing as there is a problem with steam remembering the setting you want for autoupdate, I had a question. When you want to play in offline mode, you get a popup saying "Only games that a fully up-to-date will be available." Does this mean that we will always be forced to update the game to continue playing it or am I mistaken?

• Administrators
Seeing as there is a problem with steam remembering the setting you want for autoupdate, I had a question. When you want to play in offline mode, you get a popup saying "Only games that a fully up-to-date will be available." Does this mean that we will always be forced to update the game to continue playing it or am I mistaken?

I believe there is an issue when Steam is launched in offline mode when the computer is connected to the internet and there is an update available. I'm not 100% sure but we have informed Steam and I have been told that they are looking into it.

I believe there is an issue when Steam is launched in offline mode when the computer is connected to the internet and there is an update available. I'm not 100% sure but we have informed Steam and I have been told that they are looking into it.

I'm not sure that's correct. I think that the problem is people who turned off automatic updates and NOT Steam online had the problem. Turning off auto updates AND playing with Steam offline seems to be okay.

i think biggest problem is that after you win premiership or any other top league competition, you gonna win that again 9 seasons of 10. I know thats old problem and that noone is listening 2 me. i have some ideas how this can be changed, i hope in next 10 years of my life SI would change it, one sunny day. We are all tired of answers take club from 4th league. ive dont that many times. People who think that to be manager of clubs like Everton, Napoli, Valencia is easy job, are complete hm... they dont know much about football. There is more pressure when you are manager of good, premiership club. Your players are rich spoiled kids. Your opponents are great clubs with great players 2. So its not easy job, far from that.

Yes definitely. If you've already got a game running we very much suggest continuing it.

Thanks ... in the future it would be great if you could include a note in the patch notes/change logs if a new game is required to experience the fixes or if a saved game will still work. Thanks for a great version of the game ... loving it!

Having a major problem with the latest update. Verified my game cache and then the update downloaded, however now when I run the game I get the error message;

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

C:\Users\Name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\crash dumps\FM 2012\v12.0.3.231651 (2011.10.27 11.54.08).dmp

I can't open the dump to see what it says. Is there a solution or am I better to delete and reinstall the game?

Football manager 2012 is one of the best verison ever made since 2007 in my opinion, creating tactic seem alot better and speciality with familiarity and match preparation in tactics feel like am not wasting time. The little i next to player's name is a great addiction for quick and easy look at attributes in match. Also love the addiction of retirements under world too see who hang up there boots or let a major injury cause them to retire is nice way of looking at past players and manager in detail. There ton's of new feature that make this game pick up and play and well suitable for new player's that haven't play football manager too jump straight in and feel like the best manager in the world without having to know what's what speicality with help of tutorial. Keeping player's morale at superb or good is easyer feel like am jose mourinho. Diffculty of this gameplay all come down know how well you know football, i've been playing manager game since 1894 lol jk. Since champion manager 3 even my skill as manager isnt that great but football manager 2012 feel like i dont have to worry too much about losing rather then more like i can win without fear or throwing the coffee mug out the window.

It is still quite hard to sell player for a good price but overall rating i'll give this game is 9/10 there are still some bugs that need fixing and some data missing. Am sure future patches will fix some of this issuse but if you haven't brought it or thinking of buying it i suggest you do and the steam issuse is just cloud gaming.

Archived