*OFFICIAL* Football Manager 2012 Feedback and Discussion Thread

Hang on, I thought the game was too easy? ;)

QUOTE]

Looks similar to my demo game. I conceded one goal all preseason, with 4-0 and 5-0 wins the norm, then the season started and I didn't earn a single point until I stopped playing around October.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're talking about a player's scout report, you should also be able to change between each position the player can potentially play in.

Yes i am talking about the scout report screen and no i cant. I cant find any relevant clickable area. Could you please be more specific or include a screenshot? I will feel really dumb if this is actually possible because i tried clicking everywhere, but I could be wrong.

Hi Good People @ SI,

I've posted earlier enquiring about any changes to the match engine for the current patch. Could some please respond as i don't seem to see changes to match engine being listed in the changelist fot the patch.

Thanks.

ps i've bought the box set and moments away from installing it. Thanks SI. I'll be more thankful should the bug on hitting players back/body has been resolved. ;)

Hi Good People @ SI,

I've posted earlier enquiring about any changes to the match engine for the current patch. Could some please respond as i don't seem to see changes to match engine being listed in the changelist fot the patch.

Thanks.

ps i've bought the box set and moments away from installing it. Thanks SI. I'll be more thankful should the bug on hitting players back/body has been resolved. ;)

There aren't any changes to the ME in the patch.

Thanks Bertie for the reply.

I've installed FM2012. Currently downloading the Editor. Will be making some changes before playing. Only hope is that, the Match Engine Bugs will be resolves as soon as possible in order to have realism in the game.

Thanks again. :thup:

I've installed FM2012. Currently downloading the Editor. Will be making some changes before playing. Only hope is that, the Match Engine Bugs will be resolved as soon as possible in order to have realism in the game.

I've installed FM2012. Currently downloading the Editor. Will be making some changes before playing. Only hope is that, the Match Engine Bugs will be resolved as soon as possible in order to have realism in the game.

What match engine bugs? I thought it was almost the same as 10.3?

23:42, Steam awakes and tells me "Decrypting game files". I'd checked on Tuesday, it had said 'approximately 3 days 0 hours' at around 6pm so I wasn't expecting to play until 6pm tonight.

So I hate you, you've ruined my night's sleep, my employer's suffering an awful loss of productivity from me today and, erm, the new team and scouting reports are absolutely excellent. Thank you.

What match engine bugs? I thought it was almost the same as 10.3?

As PaulC has discussed in this forum, the ME this year is almost the same as that in 11.3 - they're working on major revisions for FM13. Therefore, I wouldn't expect to see any ME changes, unless something really major appears.

In the fix list for the UI it stated "fixed days to fixture no longer displayed in brackets", on mine it is showing the day and date of the fixture in brackets. Is this not fixed or is there a setting I need to change to show the number of days 'til the fixture?

Unfortunately there was a mix up here. This was originally fixed, but then it had to be taken out because it caused an unexpected issue. Apologies for the confusion, but rest assured this is something that is under review at the moment internally. In the meanwhile, I've requested the changelist posted to have this entry removed to avoid any further confusion.

I have a problem with The Editor. After I downloaded it from Steam, I click on the icon on the desktop, for few seconds nothing happens and then the Windows error pop-up appears, asking if I want to send the feedback etc. What could possibly be wrong? I have XP SP3, and latest DX9. In earlier versions editor worked as a charm, never had any problems with it.

PS> problem solved. It seems that I wanted to run the editor while Steam was downloading the game (weird, cause I have Box version...). After re-installing the game from DVD, and downloading the editor again, it runs normally. Case closed.

Yes i am talking about the scout report screen and no i cant. I cant find any relevant clickable area. Could you please be more specific or include a screenshot? I will feel really dumb if this is actually possible because i tried clicking everywhere, but I could be wrong.

Ah, you're referring to a scout report for an AI player (for what it's worth you can do what you're asking in the coach report of one of your own players). I've checked this in FM 12 and can see that there's no way to change the report to see how the player rates in different positions. Having said that, I also double-checked FM 11, and you couldn't do this there either. Can you please verify why you've highlighted the fact this functionality is missing i.e. is it because you remember it to have been available in a previous version or you're just curious why we've never added this functionality hitherto.

Im running a Mac 10.6.8 with an Intel GMA 950 card. I keep getting a 'Football Manager 2012 quit unexpectedly' instead of the game loading. Been trying to play the game for nearly 12 hours now!!!

Anyone got any advice for me other than to get a refund?

As PaulC has discussed in this forum, the ME this year is almost the same as that in 11.3 - they're working on major revisions for FM13. Therefore, I wouldn't expect to see any ME changes, unless something really major appears.

That's what I'm talking about. What match engine bugs the previous poster was talking about? The ones from the 11.3 build? Because I have learnt to live with those.

Or are we talking about new bugs?

• Administrators
Im running a Mac 10.6.8 with an Intel GMA 950 card. I keep getting a 'Football Manager 2012 quit unexpectedly' instead of the game loading. Been trying to play the game for nearly 12 hours now!!!

Anyone got any advice for me other than to get a refund?

Intel GMA 950 is unsupported as it is under-spec, sorry about that :(

Well, FM12 is out now. It is probably the best game in the FM-family. There's one thing though I'm not at all happy about: the neeed to activate the game through Steam. I dislike Steam, and really don't want anything to do with them.

The need to create an account with Steam makes me sick. So, probably no FM12 for me.

Enjoy the game.

Hi Guys, Any help on how to install to multiple computers (have a laptop + a desktop and would like to install to both). Go to enter my activation code through steam, it says already used (which i have on lappy) but am on desktop still through same I.P adress, can't install. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Guys, Any help on how to install to multiple computers (have a laptop + a desktop and would like to install to both). Go to enter my activation code through steam, it says already used (which i have on lappy) but am on desktop still through same I.P adress, can't install. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

If you're logged in with the same Steam account on your PC, just go to your Games Library and click install :)

• Administrators

Cheers

If you load up the same Steam account on that machine, then you'll be able to install FM12 via your Library. You can't have two sign-in's of Steam running at the same time though, so you'll have to sign out on the laptop before signing in on the desktop.

If you're logged in with the same Steam account on your PC, just go to your Games Library and click install :)
If you load up the same Steam account on that machine, then you'll be able to install FM12 via your Library. You can't have two sign-in's of Steam running at the same time though, so you'll have to sign out on the laptop before signing in on the desktop.

Thanks Gents

Any others Bertie?

There are a few. The German league and J-League if I recall correctly also have licensing restrictions.

We do our best to get all the official licenses we can and fortunately the community are always nearby to help those who want to edit them themselves :)

There are a few. The German league and J-League if I recall correctly also have licensing restrictions.

We do our best to get all the official licenses we can and fortunately the community are always nearby to help those who want to edit them themselves :)

Isn't that circumvention of legal rights though? Surely, SI and Sega should respect the IP of those leagues and clubs by not allowing the names to be edited. If you want them in your game - buy them. Just like people who want Fm should buy FM and not pirate.

Double standards.

Isn't that circumvention of legal rights though? Surely, SI and Sega should respect the IP of those leagues and clubs by not allowing the names to be edited. If you want them in your game - buy them. Just like people who want Fm should buy FM and not pirate.

Double standards.

We would never circumvent the legal agreements ourselves. If people want to use the provided editor to change things themselves though then that's entirely within their own rights :)

When you've store-bought the game, and have a disc physically in your hand, reading 'The Steam Servers are currently too busy to handle your request, Please try again later' when you try to install just isn't good enough.

I'm not expecting any change in future versions, but please, PLEASE, don't exclusively use Steam. The gent who posted above who doesn't like them isn't alone, a LOT of people don't. This is the only game that could make me use them, I won't use them for anything else. Please at least give people the option.

Double standards.

How is this double standards??

SI are not allowed to create these leagues with real names and such and therefore they do not. They then release an editor to enable people to do it for themselves. No law is broken and everyone is happy. Do you even know what "double standards" means?

That would be the case if SI had an agreement with, say the german league to not use real names and pictures for the bundesliga and behind everyone's back paying people to create it in the community. In this case they only give us the option of editing stuff. They have not in any case ever encouraged people to recreate things they dont have the license to. It is even illegal to mention how to circumvent the "disabled german national team" thingy even if it is incredibly easy. This is not double standards.. its quite the opposite in face.. (well not ½ standards, but you know what I mean.. ;))

Hi Guys, Any help on how to install to multiple computers (have a laptop + a desktop and would like to install to both).

You install it as normal on your desktop through Steam, then you logoff and do the same thing on your laptop. You cannot have the same Steam account going on two computers at the same time.

Hey guys, I got FM12 over steam this morning and really enjoying the game play. But the game is technically faulty on my system. Sometimes it works fine, othertimes it locks up for 5-10 seconds every time I go to a different screen. The screen will go black and go not responding and then eventually it will come good. Some times it works fine, others not. ME works fine. My graphics card is not the problem. I checked in Task Manager and FM was using 800,000k, which was a lot more than any other process. Seems like a memory issue. What should I do?

Apologies if this has been mentioned but I've found player values slightly bugged.

For example 2000000 instead of £2,000,000. Known issue?

Yes it is known and it's an odd one, doesn't happen to everybody and is peculiar to one particular screen I believe.

• Administrators
Hey guys, I got FM12 over steam this morning and really enjoying the game play. But the game is technically faulty on my system. Sometimes it works fine, othertimes it locks up for 5-10 seconds every time I go to a different screen. The screen will go black and go not responding and then eventually it will come good. Some times it works fine, others not. ME works fine. My graphics card is not the problem. I checked in Task Manager and FM was using 800,000k, which was a lot more than any other process. Seems like a memory issue. What should I do?

How many leagues are you running with what sized db? You running any custom graphics or logos? I'd suggest removing your setting folder for now - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184731&viewfull=1#post7184731

Not sure where to post this and I don't really have the time to start looking.

Just started FM up, got everything going but there are thick black lines down each side of the screen. It's like the game should be in widescreen but it's not, how do I change it? All other FMs work fine.

Just to add more, if I put it in window mode it's fine, it fits well, but not in a window and it's back to the bars.

Archived