FM12: Nottingham Forest Thread - Reminiscing Ol' Big 'Ed

danger_mouse

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried to sell Lynch on a free but he wouldn't accept the wage offers from interested clubs.

I found Lynch to be pretty good back up tbh, can cover LB which is needed as well as CB. Also doesn't get too unhappy if he only gets 15-20 apps a season.

I don't remember getting players to sign new contracts being this hard. So far I've managed to persuade Camp, Morgan and Chambers all to cut off negotiations. This could be an interesting season. Big Wes and Luke Chambers both leaving, possibly :(.

I think it needs tweaking tbh. I've found serveral times that although I have more than enough in my wage budget I can't offer more than a couple of thousand to some players, even if I put them as a key player.

I think it needs tweaking tbh. I've found serveral times that although I have more than enough in my wage budget I can't offer more than a couple of thousand to some players, even if I put them as a key player.

I don't mean that. I'm just being too tight with my funds. There's also a thread in bugs forum iirc explaining it all.

From what I could gather when trying to buy players last night, you can only actually offer out to your wage limit before this comes in. Gone are the days of making bids and contract offers for several players, then deciding which you'll sign when you see who agrees. Load of bollocks it is, I couldn't sign that CB I mentioned above because I was waiting on a work permit to be rejected on a player. What if I want to sign over the budget, then offload players? :/

But yeah, I agree Nottm Forest (**** name btw lol). Why are my players asking for almost double wages? I let Morgan and Boateng go for free and ended up paying Chambers a lot more than he was on.

Me too, I rate Lynch anyway but he's a good squad player to have. The only issue is his £5k a week wages.

In the real world I like Lynch and in FM I think he's okay backup but as you say it is that £5k a week contract that i'm not liking. i can get a backup defender for a lot less than that. It seems odd as well given that it puts him on a fair bit mroe than Chambers and Morgan at the start of the game.

Season 3 finished, again with inconsistent results and a 17th placed finish. Brought in a young brazilian called Leandro, scored 17 goals in 34 games. Daniel Sturridge backed 10 and a few young upcoming defenders and midfielders were blooded but nothing of any brilliance to report. And so boredom is now kicking in, can't seem to get anywhere. Like I say inconsistent results, smashed by lesser teams like Sunderland and Bolton at home then go and beat Chelsea away and Liverpool at home. Can't get settled on a consistent starting XI and seem to struggle with keeping players fit, loads of injuries. Not sure if I will carry on for another season or to restart with a different challenge. If I don't restart, I hope I have contributed well and will no doubt return to my beloved Forest in the near future and try and take them on to better glories!

Finally finished my first season! Don't know how some of you get through it so quickly haha. Pretty good season, won the league despite a stupidly poor finish (only won 3 of last 13 games, still won the league by 9 points!)

Miller (24 goals) and Anderson (14 goals from midfield!) were my star men and Lascelles ended up playing about 20 games which was nice.

Now to try and survive in the Prem!

Finally got my second season underway last night after spending probably the best part of a night and a half scouting & securing signings through pre-season. I got thumped 5-1 by Chelsea first game and thought that was a sign of things to come, then drew 1-1 with Everton and 2-2 with Wolves. I started to think this new defence I'd bought was **** but the next three games I beat Wigan 3-0, Leicester 4-0 and Stoke 3-0, which has threw me up into fourth place with 11 points from six games. No way I'll keep it up but I figure I'm already about a quarter of the way to avoiding relegation lol. El Kaoutari out for five weeks now though. :(

Players in

Robert Hall (yth) Free

Joan Angel Roman (yth) Free

Tom Horton (yth) £60k - This guy is a newgen, my scouts found him at Walsall and at 16 he's already down as good League 1, potential leading Prem. Youngest player to play at Forest so far (league cup) 16yrs 24 days.

Joe Lewis GK Free

Pablo Contreras CB Free

Sebastian Boenisch LB Free

David Hubert DM £500k

Kyle Naughton RB £1.5m

Wilfried ST £2.5m - Found his name on here, he has a £2.5m release clause and has scored 6 in 6.

Filip Duricic AMC £3m (20yo, good player already)

Abdel El Kaoutari CB £5.25m

I've done a lot of scouting (routing through teams and asking my scouts to scout certain players) to find some of these and had to adjust my budget like crazy to allow me a big enough wage budget but it seems to have paid off.

OB (Danish side iirc) have some really good, young and cheap players.

Am in January during my first season and currently second. Mostly play with an attacking 442.

Signings are Stuart Parnaby and Simon Cox on loan from West Brom. Had Danny Rose for a while but he went back. Miller scores a lot of goals but no else is so i have just brought Cox in and he has 2 in 2.

Current Squad

Bannan is a key player for me but is currently injured. I'm trying to build a team primarily from the UK national teams. Got Barry & Foster for nothing - Jordan, Mullgian, Hamilton and Barret are all newgens with potential of 4* or above. Got a few more newgens in the reserves that should become key players in the next few years.

So, finished my 2nd season, 1st in the prem. Pretty happy overall although I conceded a shed load of goals which is quite worrying tbh. Money to be spent on defenders for next season I think :D

These were my transfers which I have to say didn't turn out particularly well. Squad needs quite a big rebuild I think. Looking forward to it though.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5282/nottmforesttransfershis.png

These are my transfers for first season.

Started about 10 times trying to find the right size database that would let my computer run at a decent speed , currently running with 50000 players loaded.

Halfway through october sitting top of the league and still in the league cup .... Quintero is on fire 23 in 15.

Still got £2m to spend , i've found that doing transfers over 48 months seems to stretch the transfer budget alot further.

So how did you manage to get £15m or so? They've given me £350k and sod all wage budget :(

Did you get promotion? Thats what I was offered for 1st season in prem, and that was just to aviod relegation. My wage budget wasn't massively increased after current players had contracts increased.

Did you get promotion? Thats what I was offered for 1st season in prem, and that was just to aviod relegation. My wage budget wasn't massively increased after current players had contracts increased.

Yeah i won the champ. Never mind, just having to find plenty of freebies!

Decided to start again as Forest but I'm going to try and play good. Offering all players I want to keep, new contracts and Wes and Lewis both have the same agent. Wes' negotiations took a little longer and this made the agents willingness go down by one from 2 to 3. I've also managed to get the board to give me more transfer percentage(85) and more scouts(10) and look for a parent club. Smith will leaving and McCleary probably will too along with McGoldrick. In the left back position I'm tempted to move Gunter across and try and bring in a RB called Angelo from a team called ADAP in Brazil if he's on my game(Brazil leagues loaded for him). I may look at bringing in another left back too. At CB I'm tempted to look for some frees. Not sure who except I don't want Campbell. I want to loan out Lascelles for 6 months.

Nottingham Forest - My board only gave me an increase to 25%, 6 scouts and they refused a parent club.

Donoccetti - I dont understand how the board didn't give you any money for promotion, are the paying for transfers you made in the first season over 48+ months? This is the only thing i can think of.

Ill try and get the Records updated asap, if anyone has any records for me please post a screenshot.

Hopefully ill get quite far into the 1st season today so ill get you all updated :)

Donoccetti - I dont understand how the board didn't give you any money for promotion, are the paying for transfers you made in the first season over 48+ months? This is the only thing i can think of.

No i haven't used monthly installments at all. There's about £20m in the bank now and my budget is 1.7m, i guess they just don't trust me with the money haha

Best Regens, all brought in - nothing good from the Academy yet.

4.5* rating, has killer balls & dictates tempo as moves

4.5* rating, has killer balls

4.5* rating, places shots - He's a bit rubbish technically but his mental & physical stats make him worth playing on occasion

Currently sat 6th in the league with 6 games remaining. Biggest club i've got left to play is Everton. I've only won half my home games this season, however i've only lost 1 game on the road (so far). 6th spot is very safe (11 points clear of Everton & Sunderland, both of whom have a game in hand) I can realistically only catch Arsenal but it's a case of watching them mess up and winning all my games.

Looks like Europe next season though!

No i haven't used monthly installments at all. There's about £20m in the bank now and my budget is 1.7m, i guess they just don't trust me with the money haha

Have you increased your revenue? I think at the start of the game its only 10%.

So finished my 3rd season, 2nd in prem and it was a slight improvment from the previous season, still cant defend though :DLeague Table.

Added some quality though, with Jonjo Shelvey and David Goodwillie, who both had good seasons. Transfers.

Also had a job offer which I turned down. Imagine having a budget like that with Forest! Man Utd Offer.

Had a amazing game going until my save got messed up , so deciding to start over.

Do any of the forest players make the step up to the premiership? ... if not then i'll think about changing whole squad.

One player i will deffo get is Darwin Quintero , he had 35 in 24. This is him at the beginning of game:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/darwinquinterooverviewp.png/

Cheers , think i will keep the first 4 unless money gets tight ... just signed Jali from Orlando Pirates so might let moussi go.

Another quick question , is it easy enough to sell greening,reid,boateng and derbyshire in the 2nd transfer window .... i didnt get that far in my other game.

Another quick question , is it easy enough to sell greening,reid,boateng and derbyshire in the 2nd transfer window .... i didnt get that far in my other game.

I sold Greening for 1million in Jan. I had to wait until the end of the season to sell the others, although i did send derbyshire out on loan for a fee in Jan.

Danger, it's worth getting rid of Reid as soon as possible. Greening can be useful, if you set him more defensive you can give Cohen more freedom going forward. It does however have to revolve around McGugan; he scored scored 20 from AMC in the first season for me so make sure you keep him fit! Basically grabbed my team by the neck and got them promoted.

It's worth trying to get Delfouneso on loan if you can. His pace destroys most of the championship sides.

Archived