FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

marty - you may have worked it out...they were both "important first team player" so I've changed Champion to higher than this and hopefully it'll work! If it does, I owe you one man! He would be perfect tutor for Roger

Andy Sava- I have a habit of doing the same thing. At the end of last season failed to win last two home mathes and it probably cost me a Champions league place. Lost at home to relegated Nimes Olympique and then drew at home to 15th place Evian. Very frustrating.

Dr Poods- Well done mate. You should have no problem staying up with your record so far.

aldojags- It is very easy to miss these little things. Once Champion finishes his current tutoring give him a month or two and hopefully it will open up the dialogue option for Roger.

I am also not sure if an "important first team regular" can be tutored either. You may have to reduce to a rotation status. You can normally lower squad status with no adverse effects.

I'm worried if I reduce it to rotation option I'll upset him...dunno what to do!

If you reduce it and he plays up you can always apologise and raise it again once the tutoring is happening.

You should have a lot of respect from your squad so it would be unlikely to cause a problem. If it does then talking him down should not be a problem. Also his form, albeit due to injuries, deserves no more than rotation status anyway. The way I look at players is, if they wont listen to me and do what I say, I will replace them. I don't ever remember falling out with a player for just lowering his squad status.

It is worth criticizing his training or form (providing it is justified) just before you do it as that normally goes well and improves morale.

You are a genius marty!

The tutor relationship I've been unable to make has been finally put together after 5 long years! Roger and Champion are working together, Luke Skywalker has met Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Yeah Champion really is the perfect tutor. Model pro, and a great player to boot.

Just started pre-season, thought I'd show you all my signings.

The one I am most pleased with is Damian Linka, a Polish CB who I picked up for £3.1m from Club Brugge. My CB Karl Thorpe is 30, so I'm looking to replace him in next few years, this is the man who will do it.

Marouene Ben Khalfallah is a young DM from Rennes on a bosman (I have stole so many good players from Rennes in past 5-6 years I feel bad for them).

Ivan Sanchez Bautista is a 19yr old keeper from Real Madrid. Looks to be one for the future.

Got Dude coming in for free in the winter, when his Sao Paulo contract expires. Currently out with a broken leg, but will recover in time for coming to me. Has 4 caps 2 goals for Brazil, I think he'll do well for me.

Edit: well done Dr Poods great achievement. You'll do fine in Ligue 1, back to back titles, your in the habit of winning, you'll easily win enough games to stay up. I only came 2nd in Ligue 2, and comfortably finished 10th in my first year in Ligue 1, no reason you can't do the same or even better. Look forward to reading your update.

Thanks all. By the way, we smashed 2nd place Stade Reims 5-0 to seal the title on the final day!

The hard work starts now.

Harder work now. Another enforced stadium expansion costing £12.88 million sees us over 14 million in debt before the Ligue 1 debut season. Hell, at least they gave me around 35k to spend on wages...

Same thing happened to me, but it didn't put me in debt as it was done as a loan, so I'm paying it off like £80k per month for like a hundred years or somethin!

They really do like to tie one hand behind your back after promotion don't they!

Same thing happened to me, but it didn't put me in debt as it was done as a loan, so I'm paying it off like £80k per month for like a hundred years or somethin!

They really do like to tie one hand behind your back after promotion don't they!

Yep, they sure do. I have found it strange that the board have never taken a loan for it, but at least when we start making money I won't have to worry about repaying loans...

Fingers crossed

DR POODS - USL DUNKERQUE SEASON REPORT 2014-15

End of Season Report - CHAMPIONS FRENCH LIGUE 2

THE SQUAD

The Squad (1)

The Squad (2)

THE RESULTS

An amazing season. Predicted to come 19th we had a good solid start that got the players morale up. After this we really hit our straps and ended up a fair way clear going into the last quarter of the season. Having done this, we rested on our laurels a bit and ended up needing a point on the last day to clinch the title. Smashing Stade Reims 5-1 in front of our biggest crowd ever was a great way to finish and I am looking forward to the challenge of Ligue 1. The loss in the first round of the Coup de la Ligue was an utter shambles though, and I want to make a mark on the competition in the future.

1st

Results (1)

Results (2)

Results (3)

As regards transfers, we did well with a bit of wheeling and dealing in the market this year. All were frees (of course), but the best of them were Massampu, Bayal, Jorge and Oliveira.

The Transfers - 11 in, 10 out

THE DR POODS' PLAYER AWARDS

As usual, I will be giving four players special recognition for their achievements this season.

First of all was the new signing Massampu. Had a really good season up front and was the club leading goalscorer. Thankfully, he is one of the guys on a full time long-term contract, so hopefully he can either improve or bring in some much needed revenue.

Massampu

After this we are rewarding some old favourites. This is not for any sentimental reason, but they were some of the best we had to offer the league.

Gregory Tomas was the league's leading assist giver from LB with 17 and starred for the team even consigning his competition (Ouattara) to the bench and transfer list!

Tomas

Next we have Toure. Some of you will recall that he has been in these awards before, but he thoroughly deserved it. Overcame some injury problems to be one of our leading scorers and his performance against Stade Reims to seal the title put him over some worthy others.

Toure

And last of all, we have the club captain Mr Benjamin Leclerc who was instrumental in midfield. Along with his partner Bambock, created many goalscoring opportunities and his fantastic engine allowed him to keep running when others would have had to have been subbed off.

Leclerc

THE FINANCES

The Finances

Errr, the finances are an absolute mess? Another enforced stadium expansion has rooted us. Interestingly, the board did not take out a loan for this, choosing that being 14 million pounds in debt was a better option. We were making about 200k a month profit, so at least we are not making huge debts a month on top of this.

With a wage budget of around 39k a month for next year (at this point), Ligue 1 will be one hell of a challenge.

LIGUE 2 AWARDS

Thought we would have earned more awards than this...anyway...

Tomas - Most assists

Tomas - Team of the Season

ALLEZ DUNKERQUE!

Congratulations on a back to back promotion Dr. Poods and good luck to everyone else who is already in the top division and needs the domestic/CL win to complete the challenge. I have made the majority of my signings but because I have been busy have only just finished pre-season but I have been fortunate enough to draw a fellow National team in the Coup de la Ligue but I have a rotten history with cup matches on this game so I aren't expecting to get very far at all.

Hahahaha I've just won a top flight game 10-0! Fair enough it was against Guingamp who are one of the poorer teams in Ligue 1, but still, I don't think I've ever scored that many in a top flight game in any save!

Edit to add: and that game was a "fan day!"

after years of struggling with crowds, my first 3 home games this season have been 15,000, 18,000 and 20,000, which considering my ave crowd was 12,000 last season, is surprising and weird! It's improved each year by around 500-1000 fans, but it's jumped right up this season, I don't know what's changed but I'm glad it has.

KielLogo.png

Holstein Kiel - 2020/2021

Season Overview

Manager Profile

League Finish - 4th

Media Prediction - 6th

Average Attendance - 13851

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Fans Player of the Year - Paulinho

Transfers

IN

Santos - <23(5) apps, 12 goals, 9 assists, 4 MoM> - He was the German Third Division top goalscorer last season and since his contract was expiring i thought it won't hurt to take him in. Unfortunately he got injured in the start of the season and he was out for around 3 months.

Andreas Dalgas - <46 apps, 9 goals, 2 MoM> - Transfered him for 9.75M Euros to replace Gonçalo Silva who left for Man City.

Antonio Glavina - <1 app> - Not much to say here, i just signed him as a backup in case something happens to any of my main keepers.

Stjepan Gravanic - <16 apps, 1 goal, 1 assist> - The biggest transfer we ever made. Unfortunately i made a big mistake which i will detail in the next section.

OUT

Conçalo Silva - Man City made an offer worth 16M Euros for him and the chairman stepped in and accepted the offer. And so i lost one of the best players this club has ever seen.

Stjepan Gravanic - When i offered him the contract to join us i completely forgot about the minimum fee release clause. And so in mid-season i receive a 20M Euros offer from Man Utd that i could not reject because it matched the release clause. And so i lost a player who would have become a legend for this club without a doubt.

Bundesliga

League Table

Graph

It was an ok season. We started well but after the winter break we had a terrible run losing against teams we should have beaten with ease. In the end we managed another good run that helped us finish 4th and get an EURO Cup place for another year.

German Cup

Same story as last year. We won in the first round against Neumunster when i sent the first team to play and lost in the second round against Frankfurt when i sent in the reserves. Since i already won the Cup i don't want to focus on it so i don't really care about how we do here.

Champions League

Best Placed Playoff Leg 1 - (vs. Arsenal) I got Arsenal in the draw which sucked. We somehow managed to win the first game at home 1-0.

Best Placed Playoff Leg 2 - (vs. Arsenal) In the second leg Arsenal had no mercy and scored 4 goals without conceding. Hopefully next time i'll have more luck with the draw.

EURO Cup

Group Stage - Dominated the group stage again finishing without defeat.

1st Knockout Round (Leg 1/Leg 2) - Sporting got in our way in the 1st knockout round this year. We finished 1-1 away and demolished them at home winning 4-0.

2nd Knockout Round (Leg 1/Leg 2) - Another portuguese team, this time FC Porto, packed their bags to go home after we won 1-0 at home and winning at penalties away from home.

Quarter Finals (Leg 1/Leg 2) - This was tough as we faced Man City for a place in the semi-finals. In the end we lost both games, 1-2 at home and 1-3 away.

Another year that we reached the Quarter Finals of EURO Cup and i am happy with that. We still need to improve next year and play better if we are to fight for winning EURO Cup.

The Squad

Key Players

Paulinho - <39 apps, 16 goals, 15 assists, 4 MoM> A very good season for Paulinho. He recently asked for a new contract and i thought i should give him one since he played well. However he asked for a minimum fee release clause of 6.5M Euros. You can ofcourse imagine my answer to this request and therefore the talks broke down and he is still on the same contract. Currently he is 8 caps/9 goals for Brazil. Named in Team of the Year.

Francesco Melchiorre - <47 apps, 1 goal, 18 assists, 4 MoM> Another great season for the italian fullback. I am glad i have this position covered for now. Named in Team of the Year.

Luís Barros - <35(2) apps, 8 goals, 13 assists, 3 MoM> He was good this season but not as good as last season.

Joel - <37 apps, 5 goals, 4 assists, 2 MoM> The young brazilian midfielder had a good season but there is still room for improvement.

Madson - <48 apps, 62 conc, 2 MoM> Decent season for Madson and he is still going forward.

Next season

Well we finished in top 4 for 3 years in a row now. I have a few transfers lined up for next season which will hopefully help us move up and challenge Bayern for the top spot in the league. Our finances are excellent as you can see from this screenshot at the end of this season. I also dream of a season without any major injuries. One can hope for this to happen.

[b]Season             League                         Position                     Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7853130&viewfull=1#post7853130"]2012/2013[/url]          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7877117&viewfull=1#post7877117"]2013/2014[/url]          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7887550&viewfull=1#post7887550"]2014/2015[/url]          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7915217&viewfull=1#post7915217"]2015/2016[/url]          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7916502&viewfull=1#post7916502"]2016/2017[/url]          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7923190&viewfull=1#post7923190"]2017/2018[/url]          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7932142&viewfull=1#post7932142"]2018/2019[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2019/2020[/url]          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2020/2021[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Quarter-Finals

Andy Sava- Good season mate and hopefully them extra players can get you a first Bundesliga title.

Aldojags- 10-0 is good against anyone and I am pleased to see your attendance improving. I need some of that.

Dr Poods- Good luck in Ligue 1 with that wage budget. You have extraordinarily well so far.

Well done on another solid season Andy Sava, Paulinho looks a fantastic player, that's a shame he isn't signing a new deal. Madson has improved a bit aswell. Unlucky in losing the attacking mid to Man United, he looked like he was going to become one of the best players in the world.

Yeah. He kept on asking for a minimum fee release clause of like 6-7 million that would have gotten me in the same place so i thought what the hell. He was asking for a move for quite some time too.

Well done on another good season Andy Sava it's a shame Paulinho doesn't want to progress with your club and a big test for you to find an adequate replacement for such a good player. As has been said, the right decision though at least you got more than what the release clause would have done and good luck on trying to topple Bayern.

Remember how further up the thread I posted a screenshot of my 10-0 home win over Guingamp. Well, 2 games later, again at home, Grenoble came to Stade Henri Longuet, and were sent home on the wrong end of a 8-0! Unbelievable, 18-0 aggregate in my last 2 home games!

150px-AS_Cannes_New_Logo.jpg

AS CANNES - SEASON 2018/19

LIGUE 1

A superb start to the season saw us challenge for the title from day one and only the goal scoring exploits of defending champions Olympique Lyonnais kept us at bay and denied us a first league win. With a little bit of surgery I think I may be able to snatch the title next year. Our 2nd place does mean a place in the Champions League for the first time and all the financial rewards that brings.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

EURO CUP

We won our group and breezed through the 1st knockout round and got a 2nd knockout round tie with Olympiakos, who demolished my young side with a 5-2 win in Greece after a red card in the opening minutes left us with it all to do. A much better 2nd leg in France saw us grab a 2-1 win but it was not enough and there ends another disappointing cup campaign.

COUPE DE LA LIGUE

The domestic cups have been disappointing for me so far and this year was no different with a 1-2 quarter final home defeat against Lille.

FRENCH CUP

Once again it was Lille who inflicted a quarter final defeat on the lads, and once again it was a 1-2 defeat, this time in Lille.

TRANSFERS

Could only afford a few loans with our budget this year but, after selling Niang to Juventus in January, I managed to get Marc Mitchell from Man City. I had tried and failed to get this guy on loan for the last two years and at half the price and wage of Niang it is a good deal.

SQUAD

Just a couple of mentions as a few first team players will move on in the summer as they have a year left on their contracts and think I can get some decent fees after our good season.

Rayan Tran - Home grown player is the closest to becoming a regular of my own youngsters so far. Some decent performances this season keeps him in my plans and may look at loaning him out to a feeder so I have with the ability to recall if he doesn't play much.

Alain Boulanger - The second home grown player was promoted to the first team near the end of the season due to injuries. Have decided to keep him there for next season and give him a few games.

Denny Helmund - I notice how important he is when he is missing. Not the same team without him.

Mads Neilson - Top scorer again although if Mitchell had been here all season he probably wouldn't be.

UNDER 19'S

This years youth intake adds to a squad which won the Under 19's group 1 title. The two with decent potential are:

Babacar Gueye

Marco Pereira

FINANCES

After making money on transfers and cutting the wage budget we had very healthy balance. Further upgrades to both youth and training facilities started at the end of the season for a combined total of about £9m which will give us facilities to be proud of. I also have a healthy transfer kitty ansd wage budget for next years Champions League campaign.

fantastic season marty. To finish in Champ League positions so early in challenge is outstanding. 82 points would be enough to win the league some seasons, so you are not far away, few tweaks here and there and you won't be far away.

Great season marty and good luck in UCL. I am close to finish my season and i think i will fail to qualify for Champions League again. Bayern is still invincible in the league and it seems they will be for another year or two until i manage to get some higher reputation players in the squad.

starting to really hate my board, accepting any bloody offer that comes in...having lost Souza and Jacobs last season, im about to lose Nene, one of the stars of last season, as the board accepted an 875k offer over my head, and hes just agreed terms with them...wouldve been slightly easier if i had him for the full season, but instead hes moving in January :(

G-Wiz I always check the asking price on any player with a WTD next to their name. As aldojags says putting a massive asking price pretty much guarantees no offers. I set a high price on players that I may sell for the right price but a massive one on players I do not want to lose.

Got my youth intake, only 3 players worth a mention, and even then, they don't look much, but here goes.

Gael Marc, a French/Central African Republic left back. Not convinced he'll ever be a first teamer, just signed him on recommendation from Assistant, as he has 2.5 star PA.

Zakari Kofi, a French/Togolese striker with 3 star PA. Got quite a few players from youth teams in previous years of this PA, none of them have really blossomed into anything worth noting, so again I'm not holding my breath.

Mahamadou Fomba, a French/Malian striker, with 3.5 potential, which could make him as good as Champion. Again, I don't see it, but we'll give him time.

Have released the rest.

FFS, I just got sacked! :eek:

Totally unexpected, no warnings at all and in my eyes not deserved at all either. And all the more annoying given that I had already typed up my season report before getting this message! As it is typed up, I will post it as it is plus a more detailed look at the sacking but I can't do so now so it will be in a couple of days time.

However, how do I go about finding a new club in France? I know I can only take a club that has not been in the National before, but I ask because, as the CFA is a visible league, all the teams that get promoted will already have a manager. Do I "get" him sacked (adding a new manager, taking the job and then deleting him) so my original manager can get the job or do I just create a new manager from scratch and play with him?

Also, if I don't take any of the clubs which come up from the CFA this season (I probably won't), can I "re-run" next season several times until a club I want to manage comes up next Summer? I think this should be OK as I would put myself on holiday so as to not interfere with any aspect of the game.

Archived