FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few weeks ago I posted on here that I was starting as Clyde. I did start that game but I hadn't had time to post anything. I'm enjoying the game so much, I just didn't want to use my time writing things up haha.

I'm now in my 12th Season, and lifted the SPL title for the first time last season. I went straight in to the group stages of the Champions League and got drawn with Barca, Bayern Munich & Olympiakos. I had 4 seasons in the SPL, just avoiding relegation. I then found a tactic on this forum (Czech Repulic 2004 tactic) and I won the league by a point to Celtic. I keep getting offered a lot of German Players and these are the key for me. I won the Scottish league cup one of the seasons I nearly went down, surprisingly beatin Rangers on the way.

The board built me a new stadium and also ugraded both my youth and training facilities.

If anyone knows of a player called Decan Gallagher for Clyde, he was my Captain for 10 Seasons. In the end he became a liability and retired. I can't believe he was still class from SD3 - SPL.

I'll post up some screenshots ASAP, as I work over Christmas I'm quite busy.

Carl0s - Looking forward to seeing those screenshots.

I just accidentally told my players I was far from happy with their performance after a 3-0 away win. Realised just after I'd clicked that I'd done a bad thing. Thankfully it motivated most of them, and the ones it upset I saved with some individual team talks. Phew!

I ran with the ball with my Zamora team (albeit not updating here)--we're in 2018 and in the BBVA league for the first season ever--do I need to make 7-8 updates to catch up or can I get going with next season?

T24

I'd have thought you could do one general update, screenshots of the league tables from all the seasons, and transfers, and then plough on with the BBVA.

Twellman - i would agree with PRDH. one general one with each table and a bit of text should do it. get us involved in the game! ;)

As for Mannheim, i completed our second season of Bundesliga II last night. have we been promoted or will it be a 3rd season in Bundesliga II??? hopefully i can get an update done and up tomorrow after i finish work for Christmas. hoping to kick on as well as home alone for plenty of FM time until christmas Eve teatime.

doesn't sound good... hope you can manage to avoid relegation.

Actually, it doesn't sound that bad. I've managed to get a few good youth products, and with the help from them plus the South American young talents I purchased, I got promoted--this season has been really hard (I'll be lucky if I get to 30 points), which added to the fact that pretty much all foreigners want to leave to better things, have me kind of looking forward to relegation and rebuilt. I'm already planning on selling all these money grabbers and promote even more youth from down below.

My main team's star is a Zamora product though--Sebastian Garcia, who you'll meet tonight. A 18 year old wonder :)

Hey Twell, just something brief, evenall in one post would be fine, we just need the following screenshots from each season:

End of Season Updates:

Transfers (Club) - This is so we can see the ins & outs

League Table (Competition)

Squad (Club)

If you don't have squad ones I can understand, but definitely league table and transfers :)

Hey Twell, just something brief, evenall in one post would be fine, we just need the following screenshots from each season:

End of Season Updates:

Transfers (Club) - This is so we can see the ins & outs

League Table (Competition)

Squad (Club)

If you don't have squad ones I can understand, but definitely league table and transfers :)

Yeah--I definitely don't have squads, but I'll fill you guys in on everything else!

Keçiorengücü 2019/20 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 3rd

Championship Group: 2nd

(qualified for next season’s Champions League)

Turkish Cup: 5th Round

Champions League: Final Qualifying Round

Europa League: 1st Knockout Round

Premier Division

After last year’s second place, we slipped back slightly as we finished third, mainly due to an indifferent start to the season. Our defence had been steadily improving over the last couple of seasons but with José Carlos Ada gone, we lacked a senior player at the back and started to conceded again. That made for some exciting clashes like this 13-goal thriller with Kayserispor but also cost us any chance of a realistic challenge for top spot. Fenerbahçe ran away with it in the end. Galatasary were tough to catch too but we did manage this result against them. :)

Final Table

Championship Group

With Fenerbahçe some way ahead in first and Beşiktaş some way back in 4th, the main interest in the Championship Group was whether or not we could overtake Galatasaray and qualify for the Champions League. We did just that beating Beşiktaş home and away and taking 4 points of Galatasaray. We beat Fenerbahçe at home but by the time the final match in Istanbul came around, they were confirmed champions. That match was to be their coronation and our only defeat in this stage. Still, we get another crack at the Champions League qualifiers next year!

Final standings

Turkish Cup

Things started off well with a 6-0 away win at Sivasspor in the 4th Round. We got a tough draw for the next round against Galatasaray, who in the end edged an entertaining game 5-4 in extra time.

Champions League Qualifiers

We were in the tough side of the draw with the runners-up from the top nations of Europe. We faced Lokomotiv Moscow first and pulled off a shock with a 5-2 win in Moscow followed by a 4-1 win back in Ankara. Further progress would be tough though as we were paired with Inter in the next round. A 2-2 draw at home left us in a difficult position. It got more difficult as we went a goal down in Italy. A sending off for the home side gave us hope but they hit us on the counter-attack twice in the second half before we grabbed a late consolation to lose 3-1. And that meant we were heading to the…

Europa League

I was hopeful of progressing from the group stage as we would face Lokomotiv once again and although we got an Italian side again, it was Calgiari rather than one of the bigger ones. Man City were bound to be favourites to qualify so it was all about who could get second. A win over Calgiari was a good start but our next match was tough as we returned to Russia and Lokomotiv got their revenge with an easy 3-0 win. With a trip to Manchester up next, I was worried about our chances of going through. We got a boost, however, as Man City made the mistake of taking us a bit lightly and we twice took the lead (with Nicky Woodford scoring against the team who had let him go). In the end, we had to settle for a 2-2 draw but that was a result I was delighted with. We lost the return game as Man City sent out a full-strength side against us but a win in Italy followed to put us within a point of qualification. We got that at home to Lokomotiv but we were made to suffer as they pushed for a late winner that would have sent them through. In the end, we hung on to make the knockout rounds.

Final Table

Sevilla awaited once European play resumed. As they had won every single game they had played in the Europa League so far, I knew beating them would be a tall order and so it proved as we lost 2-1 at home. We had chances to win in Spain, aided in no small part by a sending off but we couldn’t find a way through. That game finished 0-0 and we were out. In the end, Sevilla and Man City would contest the final so we made a good showing for ourselves.

The Squad: Transfers

For the first time in this save, I lost a few first team players who were making noises about joining bigger clubs as midfield playmaker Maior (refused a new contract) left followed by Ada (demanded way too much for a new deal). We also lost left-back Nergiz (transfer request) in January. I also experienced chairman interference for the first time as my best defender, Mizrahi also left in January. The fee of 13.25m TL was good but losing such a key player was not.

Melih Tunç Yalabik came in to replace Mizrahi and the other signings were mainly youngsters with bright futures, including a crop of English kids who, despite being released by their clubs back home, impressed as England won the U20 World Cup.

The Squad: Key Players

Şahin Kaya (DM) – A consistent performer all season. By the end of the year, he was getting called up to the Turkish side and was even named in the squad for Euro 2020.

Hakan Konak (AMR/C) – Missed many games with injury but was a vital part of the team when fit with goals and assists aplenty. He may be the next player to leave though as he has only one year left on his contract and has refused to open talks as of yet…

Barış Tan (AMLC) – Also struggled with injury but once again contributed some vital goals.

Nicky Woodford (ST) – Damn! Forgot the screenshot… :rolleyes: Woodford didn’t quite hit the heights of last season and had a couple of spells without a goal but was still our topscorer.

The Squad: Ones to Watch

16 year-old youth system graduate Kadir Alagöz impressed in his first season with the first team. Erman Ergin also continued his impressive development and is now pushing for a regular starting XI place. Klevis Zmijani also did well in his first full season at the club and may feature more often more season if Konak moves on. Harun Inan also showed promise after arriving in the summer and the pick of the crop of English youngsters was Alexandre Tavares whose pace caused all sorts of trouble for many a slow Turkish defender!

The Squad: Awards

Nicky Woodford was Top Goalscorer in the Turkish Premier League yet again as well as the 2019 Best Player in Turkey and the Supporters’ Player of the Year. He was our only representative in the league’s Team of the Year. Erman Ergin and Şahin Kaya gave us a 1-2 in the Young Player of the Year standings.

And we have now won the Turkish Premier Division Fair Play League 5 years in a row!

The Season Ahead…

I expect us to progress to the final qualifying stage for the Champions League again. Then it all comes down to luck of the draw. Domestically, I expect us to challenge at the top again. Some silverware would be nice!

Off the pitch, I’m trying to persuade the board to expand the current stadium or build a new one. The 5,040 capacity is starting to get restrictive and we may well need a bigger, better home to push on to the next level. With that in mind, I haven’t asked for improvements to facilities this season as I hope to keep money in the bank.

The Story So Far…

Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe    | Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A       | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A       | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A       | Qualified for Europa League
2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group  | Qualified for Champions League
2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO | Qualified for Champions League

Cheers PRDH :thup:

I had high hopes of making that final push when it was announced that elections were on the horizon. We now have a new chariman but he has no plnas for further investment. He didn't even threaten to bring in a new manager so it was a bit of a non-event in the end...

And after Inter last season, we have now got Juventus in the Champions League qualifiers!

OK then, here we go!

(If anybody need any extra screenies just let me know--I'm a 27 grown man and the last thing I feel like doing is cheat in a videogame challenge, but I welcome people asking for more proof since I haven't been updating here).

Peter Donnoban (the odd last name is just in case I get a son so I can identify him quickly :D)'s profile.

Zamora starts the game in Segunda B in Spain, but got relegated to Tercera in the 11/12. I tried a spell with Haro (as some will remember on the first page) but got relegated, so I took someone recently promoted--these guys.

13/14 - Transfers

Basically bought anything and everything I could find and disposed of all the Tercera rubbish. We played a very good season to have been just promoted, and finished second, getting kicked out in the playoffs.

Table

14/15 - Transfers

Bought some more stuff---amongst them Vera, a very promising CM who turned out to be meh throughout the net few years. This time finished third and got promoted through the playoffs! A bit too soon, if you ask me.

Table

15/16 - Transfers

Tenjeri, a croatian LM who ripped it while he played for us, was the star of the summer for Zamora. Started making some money in the transfer market. We started pretty poorly but managed to get ahead in the last bit of the season and stay clear of relegation!

Table

16/17 - Transfers

Bunch of foreigners full of pride wanted better football and left. We made some nice money. Signed a bunch of players, amongst them Erik Johnson, our first international (USA) who never actually played for the national team even though he kept getting called, and was rubbish for us. A rubbish American GK, go figure.

We did a tad better this year, building the blocks for the seasons to come.

Table

17/18 - Transfers

More good players wanting to leave. Tenjeri really wanted to, and we shipped him to Mallorca. Our 6 7'' tower CD Borognia went back to Argentina, and Russian FW Solojov to Slovakia (we'd make another 1.6m on this guy two seasons later due to clauses).

Even though we were never the favorites (expectations from the media: 20th), we managed to get in the playoffs and win them to achieve promotion to the BBVA!

Table

And that's where we are right now--as a bit of a treat due to the lack of more screenies for the past 5-6 years, I'll post along with next season's report a snapshot of the club and its main stars. Like I said, any other screenies you need, you name them.

Thanks for listening!

58003109.png

End Of Season Update 2014/2015

League Table

Graph

Player Stats

Cup Fixtures

Euro Fixtures

A great season considering the ins and out and hopefully we can keep maintaining our place in the top flight. Unsure how we are going to get to the next level and get in euro on a regular basics but likely will have to sell some of the better players to build but finding the players we need and getting the better Russians will be very hard so in a hard place with the finances and facilities the way they are.

Early K.O of the Cup this year but a great run in Euro to get in the group after a very tough matches vs Rosenborg Had a very tough group and only managed the one win.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Loads of in and outs as I tried to balance the books out better but still have a squad able to stay in the top flight finances looking better but mainly down to euro run which will be missed next season and te money we made on selling players so finances will likely get worst.

Key Players

Mexilhão - Another decent season in defence.

Pascal Igwe - 3rd Season being the main man with goals and assists may have to sell him(forced) if a decent bid comes in or big clubs come calling.

[b][u]Career Overview[/u][/b]

Season      Team        League                          League Finish    Achievements                            
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     FC Chita    Russian First Division           1st             League Champions
2013/14     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         5th             Euro Cup Qualifiers and Russian Cup Runner-Ups
2014/15     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         7th             

Zamora - June 2019

Transfers

- Our first season in the Spanish elite--and we were up there with a team full of young people and youth products. We tried to buy smart and talented. 21 yo Spanish GK Etxeberria joined from Athletic showing promising traits, but did not do so hot this season. RM Verheul arrived from Betis and almost right away wanted to leave. We got some BBVA experience with Lolo (CB from Espanyol), Bruno (CM) and Diego Lopez (GK) both from Villarreal, or De las Cuevas' loan.

Mid-season, things were not going that well and we decided to break the bank and bring in some emergency talent, hoping it would save us.It didn't.

Basically, we were always in relegation spots, and with a few games to go, it was made official. We were BY FAR the most socred on squad, passing the 100 mark. Disappointing, and frustrating to see smaller sides beating us 4-0 and 5-0.

We basically weren't prepared--but it also did not help that most of our foreign talent wanted to move to better things--so as soon as we got relegated, we did just that. At a risk to be less competitive next season in Segunda, I am getting rid of the "stars" of the team, and keeping my youth and the committed players we have. I rather not come back to the BBVA with them than having to listen to the others' complains all season long.

Table

In the Copa del Rey, we went out in the first round we participated, being overpowered by Granada, who would finish last in the BBVA.

Attention: In my save game, every player with a "D" in front of each player is a youth product. Just FYI.

Stats: 1 and 2

Lopez and Etxeberria got killed every game, and were crap. Very few defenders were decent for us, either. Other than Bonnoglio and Elder Luiz, nobody else did much in the midfield, and up top, Sebastian Garcia kept things going for us longer than they should have.

One of the few proud moments of my season: here. With the team already relegated, we visited Barcelona, and put on the field a team full of Zamorans. You can count them by seeing who has a "D" before his name. We still lost 6-0, but it was AWESOME.

Finances. We are looking good, and I can expect a good 15m this summer by selling all those power-hungry foreigners. The big chunk of the money will go to the building of the new stadium, which will open in 2022, seeing as we have been filing up the 8,000 capacity of our current stadium every game this year. We will also use the funds to better training and youth facilities.

So, the next season's goal is to rebuild, and try to give it a go at promotion. For some reason, the media expectations put us at 22th after all those sales, which is a bit dramatic, but whatever (starting to thing it's a bug).

The best of Zamora

Sergio Etxeberria - We signed him from Athletic hoping to have the future of the national team, and he was utter crap. He was very close to living at the end of this season as well, but we had a talk and he wants to stay, so we're sticking with him. Let's hope he wakes up, soon.

D Josan - I know this guy's not much, but for some reason I see huge potential in him. He'll have lots of games next season in the Segunda.

D Antonio Torres - The guy is 23 and he has already played nine years with us, playing over 150 games in the leagues already. I love this guy--never complaisn, never plays amazingly, but he always plays well.

D Ivan - This guy is approaching 2 and he is yet to break through, but I have faith in him. He'll have more minutes this year.

D Sebastian Garcia - Our guy. 19 years of age, 101 league games and 40 goals already. Our most valued players (and of course Zamoran), this guy was pretended by Real Madrid a few years back, but we weren't having any of it. He's a bit annoyed all the foreigners have left and is expecting key players to be bought to replace them, but I hope he comes around. I really do not want to lose him. We're getting offers on the 6-7m range by now from BBVA teams, but no thanks.

Zamora's Best XI ever - Other than Zamorans Antonio Torres and Garcia, nobody else is here as of this season.

2013/14 - Segunda B - 2nd, 79 points, lost in promotion playoffs - No Copa del Rey

2014/15 - Segunda B, 3rd, 76 points, promoted via playoffs! - Copa del Rey: Third round vs Sestao

2015/16 - Liga Adelante - 17th, 50 points - Copa del Rey: Second round vs Oviedo

2016/17 - Liga Adelante - 14th, 54 points - Copa del Rey: Forth round vs Athletic Bilbao

2017/18 - Ligha Adelante - 4th, 74 points, promoted via playoffs! - Copa del Rey: Second round vs Elche

2018/19 - Liga BBVA - 19th, 25 points, relegated! - Copa del Rey: fourth round vs Granada

Thanks for iistening!

You know that team I lovingly crafted? Taking it to the title with exciting, attacking and high-scoring football? Well, where the hell has it gone? I have not dominated a single game this season. I have scrapped and struggled picking up points here and there but never building a decent run.

Not able to take hold of a game in midfield, put up a wall at the back or take chances up front. The team has, quite frankly, taken several large steps backwards this season, and I've no idea why.

Edit - Sorry about that rant. I'm really losing faith this season. I just don't know what has changed. I lost a couple of players, but replaced them with guys who, if not necessarily as good, are at least nearly there. I'm playing the same tactics. I don't think I'm treating the players any differently. But rather than looking like a good team they look like a group of players who've never met each other before. We're giving the ball away all over the pitch.

HELP!

Ok finished my latest season will do an update later but on other note Mario Gotze signed a new contract with Dortmund and he has a £60Million Minimum fee release that sort of makes me feel all tingly inside :D i think i may be raising funds to get him what do you all think ??

Vallee d'Aoste - Saint Christophe

2014/15

Serie C1/B

End of season

stchristophe.gif

Table || Graph || Fixtures 1 || Fixtures 2

One long slog that took 4 or 5 attempts to get through thanks to the depression involved. The team was the definition of inconsistent and couldn't string together a few wins to save our lives. We ended up in the playout against Piacenza, but thankfully they were even worse than us and we hammered them 6-2 on aggregate to survive.

We made it to the second round of the Serie C cup which made a nice change from going out in the group stage, but nothing really to write home about. We never got entered into the Italian Cup. :(

Finances

Saved from making a huge loss by my board ploughing in about £800k of investment. Spent most of the season around £1.5-2k over my wage budget which wouldn't have helped (although my wage budget is a measly £8.5k)

Squad || Transfers

The squad was mainly a big disappointment. A few players who were rated with Serie B potential by my coaches and scouts couldn't even hack it in C1. Needless to say they were all let go at the end of the season when their contracts ran out or they were sold on for whatever I could get. I signed a load of players on Bosman's at the end of the season to try and make a push next season.

A few of the more impressive players:

Gerardo Strumbo - signed on a £1k wage, which pushed the limit a bit, but totally worth it. Solid defender who performed consistently.

Riccardo Orazi - stolen from an amateur team the youngster blew hot and cold all season but ended up with a reasonable haul

Fabio Mirimin - another striker who blew hot and cold but was the top scorer

Aims for next season:

Not to be involved in another relegation fight

Find a tactic that works consistently

Season | League | Finish | Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7307293&viewfull=1#post7307293"]12/13[/url] | C2/B | 2nd | Promotion, manager of the year
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7326722&viewfull=1#post7326722"]13/14[/url] | C1/B | 11th | Avoided relegation
14/15 | C1/B | 14th | Won in playout vs Piacenza

Welsh Wizard, good to see someone else making progress in Russia, and doing it a bit quicker than me. It is a tough nut to crack tho, so good luck with your continued push in the Russian Premier Division;

PRDH, sounds like your having a bit of a nightmare, i know how frustrating it can be to have your team go from winning and performing well to becoming seemingly hopeless, hope things pick up for you;

Twellman24, hard luck with the relegation, im sure you'll bounce back better prepared;

bad luck in the playoffs iacovone, mustve been so frustrating for you to get so close yet again, it will definitely happen soon!

In preparation for my 3rd season in the Russian Premier Division, ive again been given absolutely nothing to spend on strengthening the squad, and a very small wage budget increase! I guess the only way im ever going to be able to compete is with a really good consistent few years, hope the stadium fills out a bit more and someone sees the potential that investment will help us push on to the next level...otherwise i have no idea what to do, or how much further we can progress with this terrible board who lack ambition and financial clout :(

Welsh Wizard, good to see someone else making progress in Russia, and doing it a bit quicker than me. It is a tough nut to crack tho, so good luck with your continued push in the Russian Premier Division;

In preparation for my 3rd season in the Russian Premier Division, ive again been given absolutely nothing to spend on strengthening the squad, and a very small wage budget increase! I guess the only way im ever going to be able to compete is with a really good consistent few years, hope the stadium fills out a bit more and someone sees the potential that investment will help us push on to the next level...otherwise i have no idea what to do, or how much further we can progress with this terrible board who lack ambition and financial clout :(

Thanks. Yeah seems a very hard challenge but one I'm enjoying. Very similar situation it seems we are in. There is money in Russia but in the big clubs so quite a big gap to fill. Took finances in my own hands this season and sold two of my best players. Looking very heathly now lack the fans currently to increase revenue through stadium so may turn in to a selling club untill we are able to advance. Maintain our place in the top filght is my main aim but the board keep upping there aim each season without putting anything in the club to help reach them.

Transfers

PRDH, sounds like your having a bit of a nightmare, i know how frustrating it can be to have your team go from winning and performing well to becoming seemingly hopeless, hope things pick up for you

Objectively it's not actually that bad, it's just we really aren't making progress. I should finish the season soon and get the report up sharpish.

SV_Wuppertaler.png

German Bundesliga

League Table http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-5.png

Finances - +£40million

Transfers

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalTransfers_History-12.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalTransfers_History-13.png

Squad

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalerSVBorussiaSquad_Players-11.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalerSVBorussiaSquad_Players-12.png

Star Players

Marc Ander Stegen - Simply been immense all season long.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/Marc-AndrterStegenOverview_Attributes-2.png

Gandola Brought him in for MerterNaka and has to be said the best £20Million i ever spent.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/RobertoGandolaOverview_Attributes.png

Turna - Played very well with Gamdola and very strong partnership

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/MuhittinTurnaOverview_Attributes-2.png

Lucas Moura - My best signing all on a free from R.Madrid which i was kind of suprised but chuffed he would come to me

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/LucasMouraOverview_Attributes.png

Doumbia - played well all season but then went on African Cup duty and he came back tired

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/SeydouDoumbiaOverview_Attributes.png

G. Cavdar - i signed him because he looked to be a really good player to back up my two strikers but when Doumbia and my other striker went on African Cup duty he really did come into his own and therefore i could sell Baiao.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/GkhanavdarOverview_Attributes.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaVKa5NW7FuaqJrHSBqWOVRV_iM9DxZmwLljt7nZJnpwRR_Yyp

What a fantastic season in the league and another league title another comfortable season at the top

Fixtures

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalerSVBorussiaFixtures_Fixtures-15.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalerSVBorussiaFixtures_Fixtures-16.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalerSVBorussiaFixtures_Fixtures-17.png

League Table

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-5.png

Player & Team Stats

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/GermanFirstDivisionStats_TeamStats-2.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/GermanFirstDivisionStats_PlayerStats-3.png

German Super Cup

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/HoffenheimvWuppertalInformation_Overview.png

Euro Super Cup

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalvSLBInformation_Overview-2.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalvSLBStats_PlayerRatings-2.png

Club World Championship - HOW HOW HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/ClubWorldChampionshipOverview_Stages.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe5qm0hvfs1oZEAIYoIEVz5tm2zUSeY1MbXb6i4Lw8n7JYC-IS

I got to the Semi Final and got knocked out Koln who then went on to get beat by Furth

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/GermanCupOverview_Stages-2.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBYcBOYDSu_QMHySXGFddPaAsin-VCHc9L3UA1EsH3xgi3_lLzyw

Well the Group stages didnt really bother us to much neither did Celtic but Man City were a pain in first leg because of injurys and Suspensions but 2nd leg had everyone back and then we whooped them and onto the final we go against a team we have already played this year in the Super Cup

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalvSLBInformation_Overview.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalvSLBStats_PlayerRatings.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalvSLBStats_MatchStats.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2018/WuppertalvSLBStats_MatchStats-2.png

Aims for next season is to get into the Defend all titles and Conquer the world

so...my chairmans status has just changed from "Happy to stay at the club" to "Will listen to offers"...

Fingers crossed this could be the beginning of the end for the current regime, and lead to the entrance of some much-needed cash for the club :)

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Season Summary - 2022/23

Finances

Key figure - £10,720,485 | Summary

Maintained a strong position largely due to my continued sale of players. We'd be screwed were it not for my transfer policy.

Transfers | 10 in (£9m), 7 out (£20m)

Let's start with the transfers away from the club. Thiago and Igor Yurkin were sold in the summer and January respectively by my delightful chairman, shearing the team of it's width. Raphaël Leclerc went due to a clause in his contract and Mamadou Badji kicked up a fuss about wanting to move to to a bigger club, so I let him go to Saudi Arabia. I then shipped out a few youngsters who'd not made it.

On to happier news and transfers arriving. More on them later, but the main arrivals were Joffrey Fontaine, Ararat Vardazaryan and Boris Grivicic brought into replace Thiago, Badji and Leclerc respectively.

League | Predicted - 5th

League | Graph

Very odd season. I played very poorly pretty often, managed a few dodgy wins, a few losses and the occasional decent performance. Fortunately for me a lot of the competition were poor too.

I'm also going to have to apologise for all the whining earlier, because it actually wasn't a bad season over all.

The short version, though, is that if I won on the last day of the season I would sneak ahead of Benfica and claim the title. We grabbed an early goal, then a second. Rio Ave got one back but we held on and took our second Premier League title on results between teams (again).

Potentially more amazingly however was Sporting's performance. They not only finished out of the top four (I include myself now) but missed out on Europe, eventually finishing 9th. A truly awful season from the giants.

Cups

Taça de Portugal | 3rd Round

A dodgy performance in this cup. Falling out at the first hurdle to Freamunde. This is the one piece of Portuguese silverware we're yet to get our hands on.

League Cup | 3rd Phase Grp B

Well, we made a pretty poor job of defending our crown. Still, three of these will do me for now!

Europe

Champions League | Best Placed Qualifying 3rd Round

Well, we went in into the competition in the Best Placed Qualifying 3rd Round to face Feyenoord. We beat them at home, lost away and that was our competition over.

Euro Cup | Group Stage

After dropping out of the Champions League we ended up here. We got through the qualifying round and into the group. A win in our final group game against Vitesse would have seen us through, but we lost.

Not much fun for our fans in Europe.

Squad | Overview | There's going to be a bit of a clear out over the summer, going to try to get rid of the deadwood.

'Keepers

Cabecinha - Been on the transfer list for a while now, I want to get rid of him, but there's no interest.

Salvador Soto - One of the players to come out of this season with a great deal of credibility. Well on the way to becoming a top class 'keeper.

Andjelko Krznar - Unfortunate to not play more. He's a good player, but didn't get a chance to displace Soto.

Defenders

Carlos - A talented player, but I'm getting rid at the end of the season, making a nice profit. He's done nothing wrong, but I think the squad needs some new blood to freshen things up, especially with another assault on Europe coming up.

Matej Suchy - Young thing, he's been about for a while but he's suddenly had an attribute surge.

Julián García - First choice partner for Descazals. He's got flaws, but he can do the job in Portugal, may need to be replaced if we are to conquer Europe, but not yet.

Jens Scholz - Young German, arrived on a free. Didn't get much game time, I will be looking to move him on over the break.

Meranah Descazals - Continues to improve. He's rapidly turning into a world class centre back. He can go all the way with us if he stays and we can get the right people around him.

Mathieu Favreau - Good enough right back for now. I think he's one we might look to replace sooner or later, but he's not top priority.

Ange Diaby - Very handy youngster and perfectly adequate back up for Osses.

Christían Osses - A very useful player, got the left back role tied up for now. Any money I have won't need to be spent here. Not yet anyway.

Midfielders

John Agu - Part of my midfield quandary. I can't get my mind sorted on who should be playing here. Peters held the shirt for a lot of the time, but it wasn't until Derrien took it back that we picked up our form.

Philippe Derrien - Something of a white knight this term. His return to the team coincided with our only decent patch of form.

Paul Peters - The third of the deep-lying midfielders. He's technically the best, but just doesn't perform. Another I'm looking to get rid of this summer. Hopefully get a decent sum for him from a team who haven't noticed is poor form.

Vadym Gai - Started the season in command of the shirt. Lost it to Yurkin, then Yurkin got sold and he took it back. A mixed bag of form, but some decent performances show the promise he most definitely has.

Bartosz Goralski - Cheap back up after Thiago went. He didn't get much game time, but is useful to have around the place.

Joffrey Fontaine - Thiago's replacement. I had high hopes for him, young and talented. As the season dragged on he started to live up to that. I think he could be a big player for me as he matures.

Boris Grivicic - Brought in as part of how I planned to replace Leclerc. Despite some decent looking stats he didn't perform, we were at our worst when he was in the team. He is off to Denmark at the end of the season. Turning a nice profit on him.

Andreas Jensen - The player who actually replaced Leclerc. He joined on a free and I set about training him to fit into the squad. When he started to pick up the basics he started getting into the squad and looked decent. More game time came as the season progressed and he finished it as undisputed first choice. Another player I think could do big things.

Erik Jakus - Another season where he didn't get too much time on the pitch. I think it might be time for us to part company.

Diego Fernández - Started to get a bit of time on the bench, and made it onto the pitch on occasion too. He's got potential to be a pretty decent player.

Forwards

Jorge Muñoz - His progress has stalled fairly heavily. I've got a decision to make, I either let him move on or give him some more time on the pitch to improve. How the team changes over the summer will seal his fate.

Michael Mouritzen - An interesting player. Could fill a Totti role, but will need some consistent progress.

Ivan Poljak - His goals rather dried up this season, a bit of tactical tinkering saw an improvement as the season drew to a close, but he'll have to get back to his best next season if we stand a chance in the Champions League.

Ararat Vardazaryan - Some great attributes for a striker, there should be goals by the bag load in this lad, but he hasn't quite found his feet out here yet. Hopefully there will be more to come next season.

Venizelos Chrysanthou - Another to find his prolific goal scoring record slightly tainted this season. He came good in the end, but it was his hardest season yet.

Aims for this season were...

1/ Get first win in Champions League. Tricky, I won a game, but lost the tie and got no further in the competition. I'm going to class this as a fail.

2/ Maintain position in Portugal's top two. Check!

Aims for next season are...

1/ Get first win in Champions League.

2/ Strengthen midfield.

3/ Maintain place in Portugal's top two.

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
2016/17		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
2017/18		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
2018/19		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
2019/20		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
2020/21		Premier League		1st			Champions!
2021/22		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
2022/23		Premier League		1st			Champions!

Previous Updates

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

18/19

19/20

20/21

21/22

G-Wiz - I honestly felt like I was. The team looked thoroughly mediocre, it was only when it got to the final couple of games and players were issuing rallying calls that I realised I could still win it, I thought I was going to miss out on the Champions League. If you look at the squad shot you can see that most of my players had distinctly average/poor seasons with very few getting into the sevens. The number of times my assistant manager recommended telling the team that we were lucky, played badly and won was massive!

el sid - Maybe, it didn't seem to help morale though. Hopefully the clear out I'm currently orchestrating will help that as there'll be fewer players who I've told will play sitting on the sidelines.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German 2nd Division – Season 2015/16

Season Review

League Finish: 3rd Graph

The League

Anyone have a sense of déjà vu?? Another Bundesliga season, another play-off final defeat…

Hoffenheim 1 – 0 Mannheim

Mannheim 2 – 2 Hoffenheim

I am pretty down about it to be honest – the league was a lot closer and we were always in the title hunt. In fact, we actually went about 6 games at the start of the season withut conceding a goal and we flew at the start. Unfortunately we had a stumble around christmas and were then playing catch up. We went into the final game in 2nd place but we lost 2-1 away at St Pauli which demoted us to third and the play-off final. We battled valiantly in the two matches, but having almost half our team crippled in the second match, where we finished with 9 men due to injuries saw us face a 3rd season in Bundesliga II.

German Cup

in the German cup this year we managed to progress to the 3rd round following home wins against fierce rivals Karlsruhe (1-0) and Bundesliga side Freiburg (3-1). we came unstuck against Koln, losing 1-0. a marked improvement on our previous season.

The Players

Here’s a look at the players who saw us go so close again:

(Top 5 players in my opinion in bold...)

Transfers

Squad 1 Squad 2

Goalkeepers

1. Tales - Tales became increasingly disillusioned as the season went on and I let him leave on loan in the winter. Likely to be sold as I cut my losses.

30. Niclas Heimann - Niclas again performed well during the season but maybe not as well as previously. Barring a major surprise he will again be our No.1 this coming season.

13. Jose Pedro - Jose is our Portugese understudy. Won’t ever set the world alight though and will never be first choice.

Full Backs

22. Andreas Schroder - Andreas developed well this season and was a star at the back. Named fans player of the year. He is a major talent.

2. Segun Agba - the young Englishman was mainly an understudy this season. When called upon he disappointed. Starting to get a little unhappy, I may have to play him a little more.

5. Yordan Ivanov - Yordan started the season as 1st choice LB but lost his place due to injury and never got the shirt back from Yamac.

33. Sahin Yamac - Sahin became our LB after injury to Ivanov and did well in his first season. Plenty of room still to develop as well.

Centre Backs

6. Osmar - Osmar was probably our star CB this season, consistently performing well and being a key member of our team. Hopefully he will stay around for a while yet.

44. Kostas Bantounas - Kostas did well for us in the first half of the season before being sold by our chairman to Panathianikos for £2.3 million in January. We need to find a replacement for him.

49. Ricardo Tavares - Ricardo was mainly a back up this season and struggled to break into the starting line up. Still young though.

15. Patrick Bauer - Patrick joined on loan in January from Stuttgart to fill the void of Bantounas and did pretty well all in. I will weigh up a bid for him in the summer.

Midfielders

4. Matthew Perrett - the Welsh U21 captain was an understudy again but did a solid job when he played. With a year to go on his contract I have a decision to make on his future.

7. Nicolas Ruiz - Nicolas was one of our stars in his first full season. Always a threat down the right wing, he is a future star for sure.

14. Migen Toma - Migen did a solid job in his first season at the club. With some more time he could establish himself as a key player for us.

16. Ozgur Olgun - Ozgur had a season in and out of the season but has good potential still. Maybe one that would benefit from more starts to aid his development.

18. Marino Kresic - Marino joined in January for £675k to add quality to our midfield. Unfortunately he didn’t start as well as Hopkins and so was mainly used as a sub. Big season for him next season, his first at the club.

20. Sven Mende - Sven had a steady second season as a mainstay in the team but I am beginning to debate his future. That depends on what else is available.

23. Mark Mainwaring - Mark was mainly a sub again behind Landu but was solid again when he played. I am blessed with great potential on both flanks.

24. Craig Hopkins - Craig joined in January and became a key part of the team. He has a great future ahead of him and he will spearhead our promotion push next season.

27. Cabbas Kizildemir - Cabbas was a sub mainly this season but has massive potential for the future. With patience he can become a star man for the club.

43. Mert Acikgoz - Mert was very much a backup player this year due to the form of Ruiz. One with his future in the balance.

72. Jaud Nkusu Landu - Jaud was solid again this season and shaded Mainwaring in the battle for the LM slot. I am hoping for more from him next season.

Strikers

9. Ivan Smodlaka - Ivan was the big money signing pre-season but failed to deliver. Was deeply unhappy at first and had a number of spells away from the club. Settled a little more now, he is another with a big season next year.

12. Nicolao Dumitru - Nicolao had another solid season and was just behind Hamdaoui in the race for the top goalscorer award.

25. Yassine Hamdaoui - Yassine had his turn as the top scorer for the club, mainly thanks to his form in the first half of the season where he was a goal a game at one point. Dried up a little in the run in though.

99. Gurami Enukidze - Gurami struggled a little this season and failed to hit the heights of the previous season. He needs a good season next year or he could be heading for the exit.

37. Ciaran Bradley - Ciaran got more of a run this season and even got his first goal for the club. Becoming more settled in the squad now.

Finances

Another season with a tidy profit made due to prize money. The club is getting stronger and we have just invested in improved training facilities after I got a bit tough in the boardroom.

The Future

Well in the end the season was an opportunity missed. As I expected the quality of the league wasn’t as great this season and we had a chance of promotion. Unfortunately we failed and we face our 3rd season in Bundesliga II. I set myself a three-year plan so the pressure is on for me to win promotion next season…

Career History

Season      League        Pos.    German Cup  Europe     Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2012/13   3rd Division    12th     N/A         N/A      
2013/14   3rd Division    2nd      N/A         N/A        Promotion
2014/15   2nd Division    3rd    1st Round     N/A        Lost in Play-offs
2015/16   2nd Division    3rd    3rd Round     N/A        Lost in Play-offs again

V5vCe.png

Peña Sport FC season review 2021/22

League, Past Positions, Finances, transfers

League

A good season for us but too many draws meant that 2nd was aways going to be the highest we could finish.

Champions League

Group Stage

Home vs Man City, Away @ Shakhtar, Away @ A.C. milan

Away @ Man City, Home vs Shakhtar, Home vs A.C. Milan

No real surprise going out of the Champions League really what with the strong group we were drawn in.

Europa League

1st Knockout round vs Roma - 4-1 aggregate win Scorers: (A) Cruz, Roland (H) Cruz, López

2nd Knockout round vs Real Madrid - 3-2 aggregate win Scorers: (H) Lopez (2) (A) Dumont

Quarter Final vs Werder Bremen - 9-2 aggregate win Scorers: (A) Lopez (3), Alvarez (H) Alvarez (2), Uran, Lopez, Cruz,

Semi Final vs Girondins Bordeaux - 3-2 aggregate win Scorers: (A) Allen (H) Cruz (2)

Final vs Granada - 3-2 win after extra time Scorers: Lopez, Uran, Fusaro

Well I didn't really think we'd get anywhere in this competition especially after drawing Roma and Real. However to win our first piece of European silverware is a great feeling.

Cup

4th Round vs Real Union - 10-1 aggregate win Scorers: (A) Own Goal, Serderov, Duque, Cruz (2), Etxebarria (H) Dumont (3), Mustafaraj

5th Round vs Malaga - 6-0 aggregate win Scorers: (H) Fusaro, Dumont, Cruz (A) Fusaro, Uran, Own Goal,

Quarter Final vs Real Madrid - 4-1 aggregate win Scorers: (A) Allen (H) Cruz, Millán, Own Goal

Semi Final vs Villareal - 2-1 aggregate win Scorers: (H) Millán, (A) Dumont,

Final vs Barcelona - 3-1 win Scorers: Own Goal, Amara, Cruz

Well that was a surprise, I honestly expected that either Malaga or Real would put us out but once we got through Villareal it was a game anyone could win in the final. I just need to figure out how to get the cup win over Barcelona into league wins over them.

Spanish super cup

Lost 4-3 on aggregate

A loss in the Super cup isn't the worst thing that can happen.

Squad

GK's

Legros - Another good year for the Frenchman.

Salz - Disappointingly spent a lot of time injured so played very little.

Defenders

Manangu - A good year for the right back.

Fusaro - Cemented his position as a starting centreback with some great performances.

Miguel - Played well with Fusaro and managed to keep Kverkvelia out of the side.

Drachmann - Another decent year for the Dane.

Kverkvelia - Played mainly as a back up but did perform well.

Felipe - Not the best year and he will probably be released from his contract.

Mustafaraj - A good year swapping time with Drachmann although he spent some time out injured.

Midfielders

Dumont - Has regained the starting spot down the right with some great performances.

Amara - An expensice buy but one tat has worked well and will probably work well for a few years to come.

Allen - Played well throughout the season but was swapping time with the other centre mids.

Del Rio - Took the starting spot and proved that he deserved it with some good performances.

Fabregas - Played well enough but he is really starting to decline, I may look into releasing him.

Etxebarria - A good enough season from the home grown player but needs to step up a bit more.

Lasa - Played well enough when he came into the side, he is still young and will probably get a lot better.

Koke - Mainly a back up, sent him out on loan for the second half of the season.

Alvarez - Played a fair few games on the left but has ended up as the back up to Dumont mainly, will look at shifting him to the left side to rotate with Del Rio.

Roland - Lost his place to Del Rio. Was decent enough when he did play however.

Bird - One for the future really but he has been quite good when used in the league.

Strikers

Cruz - Was pretty good but needed to score more goals.

López - Our top scorer this season, he has played really well.

Serderov - Not done as well as he could have done and may be moved on shortly.

Millán - Was playing really well until his season ending Calf injury

Uran - Came in as a young replacement for Weuts, he played really well once he got settled in the squad.

Season     |  Division           | League Position  |   Copa Del Rey  |       Europe       |    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    | 2nd Division B2     |      12th        |      N/A        |        N/A         |      Stayed up
2013/14    | 2nd Division B2     |      1st         |      N/A        |        N/A         |Champions and Promotion
2014/15    | Liga Adelante       |      12th        |     2nd RD      |        N/A         |      Stayed up
2015/16    | Liga Adelante       |      4th         |     4th RD      |        N/A         |      Playoffs
2016/17    | Liga Adelante       |      1st         |     5th RD      |        N/A         |Champions and Promotion
2017/18    |   Liga BBVA         |      11th        |  Quarter Final  |        N/A         |      Stayed up
2018/19    |   Liga BBVA         |      5th         |    Winners      |        N/A         |Cup winners and European qualification
2019/20    |   Liga BBVA         |      3rd         |     5th RD      |Europa league 1st KO|Champions League Qualification
2020/21    |   Liga BBVA         |      1st         |  Quarter Final  |     CL 1st KO      |      [b]Champions[/b] 
2021/22    |   Liga BBVA         |      2nd         |    Winners      |     EL Winners     |Cup and Europa League winners

The 100 Club

This section will be for those player who gain over 100 appearances and/or goals for the club while under my management. this is League and cup competitions.

Player               |   Apps   |     Goals     | Seasons between |     Note
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Javi Jimenez         |   101    |       3       |   2012-2015     |    Retired
Dolly Menga          |   135    |      60       |   2012-2016     |  sold by board
Igotz Garde          |   143    |      13       |  2012-Present   |    Retired
Kurt Weuts           |   270    |     101       |   2013-2021     |    Retired
Txitxo               |   108    |       2       |   2012-2016     |    Retired
Bidari               |   206    |      24       |  2013-Present   | Released on a free
Yeray Soto           |   108    |       0       |   2012-2016     |    Retired
Juanma               |   165    |       7       |   2012-2018     | Retired now a scout
Carlos Garde         |   152    |      10       |   2012-2017     |Wouldn't sign new contract
Jorgito              |   119    |      12       |   2014-2017     |Wouldn't sign new contract
Felipe               |   212    |       1       |  2014-Present   |
Nacho Gómez          |   119    |      13       |   2013-2017     |Wouldn't sign new contract      
Alejo Diego Puente   |   167    |      15       |  2013-Present   |
Nenê                 |   137    |      17       |   2014-2018     |Sold to Zenit for £6.25 million
Carl Allen           |   296    |      47       |  2015-Present   |
Sten Drachmann       |   284    |       0       |  2015-Present   |
Óscar Kortina        |   115    |      12       |   2012-2019     | Released on a free
Jérémy Roland        |   236    |      22       |  2015-Present   |
Mathias Legros       |   293    |       0       |  2016-Present   | 
Jean-Jacques Dumont  |   218    |      40       |  2016-Present   |
Ignacio Etxebarria   |   140    |       3       |  2012-Present   |
Antonio Pérez Postigo|   119    |      26       |   2016-2021     | Released on a free
Solomon Kverkvelia   |   161    |       9       |  2018-Present   |
Francisco Manuel Cruz|   178    |      62       |  2018-Present   |
Nicolás López        |   166    |      88       |  2018-Present   |
Koke                 |   107    |       0       |  2018-Present   |
Tiago Duque          |   114    |       5       |   2017-2022     |Accepted mutual termination
Pablo Alvarez        |   112    |      22       |  2018-Present   |
Miguel               |   145    |      11       |  2019-Present   |
Diego Fusaro         |   133    |      11       |  2018-Present   |
Vivaldy Manangu      |   134    |       2       |  2019-Present   |
Pablo Alvarez        |   157    |      31       |  2018-Present   |
Aitor Del Rio        |   120    |       9       |  2016-Present   |

Previous Years

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19

2019/20

2020/21

You need to stop ending up in the playoffs rlipscombe! I believe the phrase is 'third time lucky' - I expect you out of the division this season.

Ha Ha. tell me about it mate. seriously frustrating!! trying to take the positives from our improved performance. 3rd time lucky i hope....

58003109.png

End Of Season Update 2015/2016

League Table

Graph

Player Stats

Cup Fixtures

Cup Final

A quite unbelievable season! Never thought we were in any shape to win the league or the cup. I do feel that this season could be a misleading one and won't think we will do anything like it unless we get better players. Don't think I'm underestimating the players but think our Def(mainly CBs) and GK made it happen with that great defensive record and they are the main players I think would be in a title winning side. Serious lack of goals which is mainly down to injuries to my STs mostly all out at same time which forced me to play a winger up top and even with the other STs fit it was Mikadze who was the main threat and miss around half a season in total. Don't think it was tactical.

In the cup I think being home vs the better teams aided us. Rubin are nothing like they were and were total dominated the two Moscow sides were the hardest as we managed to win dispite being on the back foot most of the game. The final was quite even in chances but managed to take ours with the help of some rare goals from my CB.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Facilities

Shame to lose Igwe but he wanted to go and 6mil was a decent price in the situation we were in. Ndjock was similar. Very cheap players coming in but very happy with who came in. Hopefully with gain in rep and being in the champions league will allow us to attract more players and more players in my Russian shortlist are interested. Finances are looking very good and improvements to the Youth and Training facilities and even an increase for the stadium.

Key Players

Mexilhão - Formed a part of the best CB paring in the league.

Valeriy Babenko - A beast in the air not many will win the battle for a header.

Arthur Nigmatullin - Russian GK of the Year

[b][u]Career Overview[/u][/b]

Season      Team        League                          League Finish    Achievements                            
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     FC Chita    Russian First Division           1st             League Champions
2013/14     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         5th             Euro Cup Qualifiers and Russian Cup Runner-Ups
2014/15     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         7th             
2015/16     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         1st             League and Cup Champions

Archived