FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

LLR/iacovone - Yeah. It's odd. I tend to finish the season more strongly than I start. Not this time round. Unless I can pick up my form again that is.

[edit] - Hello! I'm now 3-0 against 2nd place. I give up, I don't understand my players... [edit] 4-0

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LLR/iacovone - Yeah. It's odd. I tend to finish the season more strongly than I start. Not this time round. Unless I can pick up my form again that is.

Oh my trend is a poor run through the middle, generally due to injuries...currently have two strikers out, and I believe my top midfielder as well, I am fine at both ends...Hopefully you can turn it around PRDH and come out of the hole.

Shame to hear that PRDH. Also the colour editing on Barakaldo makes you look like you're managing Brklo! Have you moved to Hungary? ;)

Yeah, that experiment didn't go too well. Is it so bad that I have to edit that post?

On another note, you've made some excellent signings who should rip up C2.

StellaF1 - Congrats on promotion, an exciting end to the season, to nick it in the last minutes. :D

Good updates iacovone and Romanista1994.

Last season we were poor after the winter break and it's the same again this season. Our wastefulness has been epic, scored an impressive 13 goals in 15 games since the break, with 5 games left, and the results include a 0-0 draw at the bottom two sides despite dominating. I know, before you say, it's my tactics, just trying to work out what it is.

If you use Goldenrod instead of that yellow, it should be visible and similar to your stripes :)

Is that better?

Drew the first match against Eibar after going 2-0 up. Danobeitia scored and created the other for Pennella, winning the Man of the Match award. Now to sort out my defence.

Is that better?

Drew the first match against Eibar after going 2-0 up. Danobeitia scored and created the other for Pennella, winning the Man of the Match award. Now to sort out my defence.

That's better Romanista, you cold even try orange as it's still a little funny on the eyes, but I don't know if it matches your kit enough.

I remember doing a World Cup update in my Savona AI Experiment (who remembers that?) and colour coding every nation. It took me ages and was the biggest waste of time ever. It looked horrific. Like a mosaic of florescent colors begging you to enter an epileptic fit. Dreadful.

East_Stirlingshire_FC-logo-0D7C07AB36-seeklogocom.gif

PRE SEASON 2014 - 2015

well we have got off to a great start in the season we sit 2nd after gittin promoted last season but we have been knocked out the leauge and challange cup

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/ScottishSecondDivisionOverview_Stages.png

and the fixturs as well

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/EastStirlingshireFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

as for transfer i bought 1 players from berwick rangers for 7k and the rest for free

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/EastStirlingshireTransfers_History-2-1.png

if you want anything eles just ask

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim

German Third Division - Season 2012/13

As my earlier teasing suggests my Marbella save wasn't bringing me the excitement that a game on this challenge requires. i was struggling with injuries in a weak squad that was haemorraging money and i just couldn't get into the game. As a result i thought long and hard as to what to do next and i decided to go back to somewhere i knew well having had experience with them in FM10. The destination was Mannheim in Germany and the club was SV waldhof Mannheim.

The manager is once again Michael Dixon and Michael's aim is to make Mannheim the No. 1 team in Germany.

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Club Info

Mannheim play at the Carl-Benz Stadium which holds 27,000 people. the ground was built in 1994 and hopefully it will be a fitting ground for Dixon's push for German supremacy.

640px-Carl-Benz-Stadion.jpg

So off into Germany we go. Minisav is a VERY hard act to follow in Germany and if i have half the success he has i will be happy.

Keçiorengücü 2012/13 Season Report

454840.png

Quick Overview

Turkish Second Division: 5th

2nd Division Play-Offs: Lost in Quarter Final

Turkish Cup: Lost in 1st Round

Second Division

A season of exceeded expectations as we confounded the critics to finish 5th, well clear of our media prediction of 18th. However, we couldn't help wonder what might have been... It all started well as we got through the first 9 games unbeaten and established ourselves in the play-off positions early on. We then had a rough patch of only 1 win in our next 5 games before embarking on an other unbeaten run, this time a club record breaking 13 game one. That put us right in contention for 1st place in Group B and the automatic promotion spot. A defeat in our next match to Konyaspor, one of the highest rep teams in the division, seemed just a minor set-back as we bounced back with a win the following week. However, we then suffered a spectacular collapse, picking up just one point from our last 5 games... Injuries hit us hard at just the wrong time but we only have ourselves to blame. Our strikers stopped scoring and our defenders started to imitate John Terry in the wrong way, all of which saw us drop to 5th.

Final Group B Table

Play-Offs

We drew Denizli Bld., who had finished 5th in Group A in the play-offs and at first we seemed to have got our form back. An early goal put us in the lead before Denizli hit us twice on the break. We showed the resilience that had been lacking in the last few league games to make it 2-2 by half-time with all to play for. We had the better of the second half but it all went wrong when we conceded a penalty with 15 minutes to go. We were then chasing the game and had the agony of seeing a shot blocked on the line in the 89th minute. As we made a final push in injury time, Denizli hit us on the break once more to win 4-2 and end our promotion dreams.

Result

Turkish Cup

I wasn't too bothered about this competition but it was disappointing to go out so early, especially as our opponents, Alanyaspor, were to be relegated from Group A come the end of the season.

So, the season ended with a slight tinge of dissapointment as we couldn't make our good form last long enough. Still, I would have happily taken 5th place at the start of the season and we now have another season to build up the team and get rid of some of the deadweight in the squad ahead of another promotion push.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Squad: Transfers

Nearly all free transfers except for veteran DM Yüksel Sariyer, who was signed from an amateur Austrian club to whom we had to give a whopping 130TL compensation! The were some misjudged deals with a few players turning out to be not quite as good as the scouts had reported and others, like goalkeeper Kerem İnan, kicking up a fuss about their lack of playing time. Most of them were only signed on one-year deals though so they will soon be moving on. The successful deals can be seen in more detail below.

Transfer Summary

The Squad: Key Players

Yüksel Sariyer (DM) - A strange discovery here as I found this guy playing amateur football in Austria despite having 13 caps to his name. After signing for a nominal fee, he quickly became a key player both due to his experience and his commanding performances. He offered cover to the defence and also played his part in attack with 12 assists. It was no coincidence that our two slumps in form came when he was out injured. At the end of the season, he was chosen as Supporters' Player of the Year. Alas, he is 33 now and so I need to start looking for a replacement.Gökhan Vuran (AMRLC) - Another Austrian-Turk who came in on a free. He was also a creative force with 10 assists as I deployed him on the right wing. That is not his natural position but the fact that he is left-footed enabled him to cut inside and wreak havoc on opposition full-backs.

Berkin Arslan (AMRLC) - We only had Berkin in the squad from January onwards but on the left wing he became what Gökhan was on the right. As a right-footed player, he too would cut inside and, despite not getting as many assists, he was one of our most consistent performers.

Ferdi Aksakal (ST) - Our most consistent goalscorer with 13 strikes. He is also 33 though and I have a feeling he will struggle to reproduce that form next season.

The Squad: Ones to Watch

Once I start getting decent youth players, I'll be posting about there careers in detail over in Neppo's Youth Player Project thread. Unfortunately, this year there were no prospects worth mentioning in the youth trials.

One youngster I signed who showed some promise was Sinan Bayer, a striker who can also play on the left wing. 5 goals was a decent return from a squad player and I will be looking to give him more game time next year.

The Season Ahead...

I have already gone through much of the pre-season and there will be plenty of new faces in the squad next season as I attempt to add more quality and depth to the squad. We really need a new right-back and some more youthful options in midfield and up front. I will be looking to at the very least make the play-offs again and possibly make an automatic promotion push. We'll see!

The Story So Far...

[b][u]Season[/u][/b]  | [u][b]Division[/b][/u] | [b][u]Position[/u][/b] | [b][u]Play-Offs[/u][/b]     | [b][u]Turkish Cup[/u][/b] | [b][u]Europe[/u][/b] | [b][u]Other[/u][/b]
[/font][/size][font=courier new]2012-13 | 2. Lig   | 5th      | Quarter-final | 1st Round   | N/A    | N/A[/font][size=2][font=courier new] 
[/font][/size]

V5vCe.png

Peña Sport FC season review 2014/15

League, Past Positions, Transfers, Finances

League

The league was fairly decent for us as I really thought we'd struggle down in the relegation zone. However I think the thing that swung it for us was the great start to the season where we picked up 6 wins and a draw from the first seven league games. The first half of the season saw us ground sharing with Osasuna (our parent club) while our ground was coberted to a 2,500 all seater stadium. We did christen our all seater with a 7-3 win when we got back in there. All in all this has been a good season even though we really dropped off at the end of the season.

Cup

Not a lot to say really going out in the 2nd round.

Finances

The only reason we're £3 million in the red is due to the board paying out to expand the stadium to 6,000 seats.

Squad

Goalkeepers

Ribero - Came in and took the number one shirt during pre season and never let it go.

Dele - Looked good when he came into the side.

Elói - The third keeper.

Defenders

Felipe - Starting right back, played well there and was an automatic choice

C.Garde - The back up right back, although he did play a few games in the centre

I.Garde - Started out as first choice but was relegated to back up once Nenê came in.

Bidari - Good and solid at the back.

Nenê - Was offered to me by his agent and the scouts said to sign him. He came in and has partnered Bidari well at the back.

Pascual - Hardly any playing time for the youngster, especially with Nenê coming in.

Soto - Played most of the season at left back switching time with Jimenez. Payed fairly well there.

Jimenez - A so so season for the veteran. he has decided it's time to retire.

Herrera - Hardly any playing time like Pascual.

Midfielders

Gómez - A decent enough season for the right winger.

Diego Puente - Once again had a good year in the middle of the park.

Txitxo - The club captain. He had some trouble with injuries but played well again in the centre of the park.

Juanma - Been the main central midfield backup.

Jorgito - Another decent season for the young left winger.

Alarcón - Jorgito's back up. He played well when he got the start.

Strikers

Menga - A decent enough season from the younger of my two Belgian strikers. He was the clubs second top scorer for the 2nd year running.

Weuts - Another great year from Weuts. He really plays well with Menga and is the top scorer for us once again.

Kortina - Good when he came on and showed he could be an every game starter if not for the two Belgians.

Batioja - Came in on Loan from parent club Osasuna and didn't do a lot when he got any time on the field.

Season     |  Division           | League Position  |   Copa Del Rey  |    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    | 2nd Division B2     |      12th        |      N/A        |    Stayed up
2013/14    | 2nd Division B2     |      1st         |      N/A        |  Champions and Promotion
2014/15    | Liga Adelante       |      12th        |     2nd RD      |    Stayed up

The 100 Club

This section will be for those player who gain over 100 appearances and/or goals for the club while under my management. this is League and cup competitions

Player         |  Apps   |     Goals     |   Years between
---------------------------------------------------------------
Javi Jimenez   |  101    |       3       |   2012-2015

Previous Years

2012/13

2013/14

If you use Goldenrod instead of that yellow, it should be visible and similar to your stripes :)

Am I understanding you both correctly that we can edit our team colours in the middle of a game. If that's allowed I'd definitely like to do it, because East Stirlingshire's away colours (blue on red like Barcelona's home kit) are almost unreadable to me and will surely drive me nuts. So if that's what you mean, and we're allowed to do it, how can it be done? A saved game editor?

Ironically, when I looked at Spain for this challenge I was thinking of Barakaldo, principally because of the colours, but then someone (maybe Romanista) indicated that they were going to choose them, so I went in another direction. Let's just say that if we're allowed to change the colours East Sirlingshire are in for an interesting design shift.

Recap:

In 5th place with about 6-7 games to go, if it wasn't for my two strikers simultaneously getting red cards with + 4 game bans at the same time, I would have likely finished 4th and got into promotional playoff. Overall the revamp of the squad worked, and the team got much younger. Signing almost entirely free transfers with a couple in the 50k range, the young team was a pleasant surprise. And with an average age of 18, and an average wage of 725 in the league where average is 1.4k, this was an accomplishment. Sticking with the plan of developing young players while upgrading my talent as a whole and staying financially viable with low (3 euro) ticket prices and attendance (average 2k), the season was a success. I continued to sell a couple young players who did not fit into my plan for moderate profits. The greatest success, however, was upgrading the Russian young talent, as even though it was still weak, I found players with good attributes for the key positions mainly on free transfers- which were much improved over the garbage I put out last year.

As the season goal from both the board and my perspective was to avoid relegation, a top half finish was an achievement and I am looking forward to next year. I added a Parent Club (Anji) and a Feeder club as well to boost the infrastructure.

Results:

League Table

Transfers

Final Squad

Finances

Club Information

Notable Players:

My striker duo who would alternate or sub each other out - Tuigiano and Sugak.

My young Nigerian prospect second year - Okoro - may be shopping him

Left wing back is looking good - Kislichenko his value is rising and so is his salary - might have to sell him

I am looking forward to getting to the premier division so I can play more foreigners! There are lots of solid Ukrainians, Belarussians, Azeri's, etc who I could use to make myself stronger but most decent Russians won't come to my team or cost at least 250k+ (too much).

Season     |  Division           | League Position  |     Russian Cup |    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    | First Division        |   15th (45pt)     | 5th Round     |    Stayed up
2013/14    | First Division        |   11th (60pt)     |  7th Round    |    Playoff Contention

Just about caught up on the updates i'd missed ... DodgeeD unlucky in the playoffs and i spot a famillier name in your report Kerem İnan was my first choice Keeper last year and here was me raving about how losing him to injury nearly ruined my season and he wasnt good for you!

Am I understanding you both correctly that we can edit our team colours in the middle of a game. If that's allowed I'd definitely like to do it, because East Stirlingshire's away colours (blue on red like Barcelona's home kit) are almost unreadable to me and will surely drive me nuts. So if that's what you mean, and we're allowed to do it, how can it be done? A saved game editor?

Ironically, when I looked at Spain for this challenge I was thinking of Barakaldo, principally because of the colours, but then someone (maybe Romanista) indicated that they were going to choose them, so I went in another direction. Let's just say that if we're allowed to change the colours East Sirlingshire are in for an interesting design shift.

No, you can't change club colours mid-save. They were referring to Romanista's post above with the colours for Barakaldo in the title.

LLR - I might, might, be following your route of starting well, trailing off in the middle and picking up again at the end. I'm not saying anything for fear of invoking the curse. But, I *might* have picked up.

To give you an idea of how my Novese side are doing:

We're currently 10 games in and have a record of 5/2/3 and a goal difference of +7

So I'm delighted to see us sitting 7th. We've yet to be outclassed and have won a couple on the road - always the sign of a good team.

I'm pleased that we also unlocked the Steam achievement "Beating Expectations" which is 90% of board confidence in overall competitions. Thanks in no small part to our run to the Serie C Cup 2nd Round. We have a tough away game at Viareggio but we seem strong away.

That's all :)

877202.png

Hessen Kassel End of Season Review 2012/13 - German Third Division

Well, it was a strange old season in the end.

Early on I realised we had a decent side - with a thumping 8-0 victory on opening day. Three draws followed, then back to back wins. Frustratingly at the time, we kept seeming to draw plenty of games, which left us trailing the promotion pack - although we suffered only 4 defeats before the Christmas break.

It was then that I decided to have a tinker with my tactics :rolleyes: . I abandoned my 4-2-2-2 system, in favour of moving one of the DMs into the CM position - in the hope that the trade off in defensive solidity would mean we would be able to go for more wins, even if we did lose some more games.

But that didn't happen at all. 5 games after the winter break and we had already lost as many games as the whole of the first 20 or so games. After winning our first game after the Xmas break - we then went without a win until 20th April - three games from the end of the season.

And so - with 2 wins, 5 draws and 9 defeats after the winter break - I think it was safe to say we faded.

This left us finishing up in 14th in the table - which was respectable enough in that we survived.

Third Division

Positions

My best player was a French defenderFernandes

Next season

And so, looking forward - I hope to release all the players whose contracts are up in the summer - and look to replace them with better players.

We have a severe shortage of pace, and I will be looking to address this problem - our strikers were very poor too.

And of course - I am going to settle on a formation - and not abandon my good instincts and think about tinkering :)

Giorgio Natale - remember the name. Still just 16, he's bagged his first goal to set the record as our youngest ever goalscorer. More importantly it was in a 3-0 away win at Viareggio in the Serie C Cup 2nd Round. So we're into the 2nd Group Stage :)

Check out his Di Canio style scissor volley:

[video=youtube;vIZfYBjZK0o]

iacovone - Natale looks really great for someone so young. Future Serie A material maybe. Perhaps sporting a Novese jersey? :)

I hope so duccio! He's got serious talent but I imagine he'll have the vultures flocking around him soon enough

I bet I can top that! :lol:

Probably can.

I don't know why my club rep keeps dropping. I am in 3rd at the winter break, and now dropped to half a star! By far the lowest in the division and amongst the worst in Russia. Yet I keep winning. I am like 8-1 underdogs no matter who I play. Seems like a bug.

My star striker just got released classed to the Premier Division in the january transfer window, but 500k when I make almost no money is ok I guess.

That sounds weird, Drake44444.

Halfway through the season and Città di Pontedera is 5 points clear at the top! We have by far the best goaldifference in the league and anything but a playoff-spot in may would be a disaster! Promotion would be good as we are in debt (consoritum owner took out a loan for some reason) and wages are a bit out of control!

It says my reputation is tarnished because of "performances on the pitch." Even though a team that was pre-season 20th is now second with 3 games to go, fans are unhappy about my style of play.

STUPID!!!!

Congrats siLKEAPE, sounds like you are going up for sure and making that money back.

It says my reputation is tarnished because of "performances on the pitch." Even though a team that was pre-season 20th is now second with 3 games to go, fans are unhappy about my style of play.

STUPID!!!!

Ooo, this makes me want to play in Italy. What style of play is getting them so het up? Playing a more direct game? In the lower leagues that's always seemed to me to be a great equaliser, but maybe in Italy that doesn't wash.

I have no idea what my reputation is, although I'm a bit worried by the top Scottish teams screwing the pooch in Europe. In a couple of seasons I'm going to want one of those qualification places that they seem so keen to toss away, not to mention the better players that will come with an enhanced league reputation.

But my reputation? They can all kiss my goals.

They can all kiss my goals.

Haha this! My team has scored 64 goals in 20 games so far this season, but we are still in trouble as we have conceded 36...Thats 3.2-1.8 as an average score, with pretty much 5 goals scored in every game...my defence needs some real strengthening according to the stats....

AD_Machico-logo-E0B83ECFF0-seeklogo.com.gif

Associação Desportiva de Machico - Sacked after 11 games 2013/14

Club Info ~ Fixture List

Table ~ Graph (Predicted 8th/16, sacked at 14th)

Well I certainly ate my words, didn't I? I improved every area and felt genuinely sure of top 3 at least... how wrong I was. Won 2 out of 11... the most annoying thing about it is that we were never outclassed, it was always 1-0, 2-1 losses. Takes the pish really.

Portuguese Cup: (Lost in 1st round)

Lost to non-league opposition at home. Woeful

:/ Never been sacked before! I am now holidaying to the end of the year and am starting again in Portugal. I will carry on in the save game.

History

[b]Season     Team         League                  Position    Cup              Achievements[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7233148&viewfull=1#post7233148]12/13[/url]      Machico      2nd Division - South    5th/16      3rd Round         
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7248387&viewfull=1#post7248387]13/14[/url]      Machico      2nd Division - South    14th/16     1st Round        Sacked after 11 games

mafino - That's the attitude. last year in Dafuge's challenge i was the only person who was sacked, holidayed to the next summer (technically I resigned because I'd relegated my team, but obviously i would have been sacked) and then was offered a job with a second (frsshly promoted) club, which i achieved the challenge with.

But you'll have something I never had; (provided Machico stay up - thanks to the groundwork of your visionary signings of course), the opportunity to thrash the ungrateful, short-sighted, stupid logo-ed, underachieving, stingy, obsolete pondscum of mediocrity next season.

East_Stirlingshire_FC-logo-0D7C07AB36-seeklogocom.gif

WE ARE GOING UP (again)

well what a season was not expecting us to get into the play of but we did

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/ScottishSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-1.png

so onto the play off we go in the semi final we got ross county i thought we would have got beat but we never int the 1st leg we won 2-0 and the 2nd lg we drew 1-1

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/EastStirlingshirevRossCountyInformation_Overview.png

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/RossCountyvEastStirlingshireInformation_Overview.png

so onto the final we got ayr united we won both legs 2-1

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/AyrvEastStirlingshireInformation_Overview.png

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/EastStirlingshirevAyrInformation_Overview.png

my top goal score was sammy morrow with 21 goals in 43 apps

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/SammyMorrowOverview_Profile.png

mafino - That's the attitude. last year in Dafuge's challenge i was the only person who was sacked, holidayed to the next summer (technically I resigned because I'd relegated my team, but obviously i would have been sacked) and then was offered a job with a second (frsshly promoted) club, which i achieved the challenge with.

But you'll have something I never had; (provided Machico stay up - thanks to the groundwork of your visionary signings of course), the opportunity to thrash the ungrateful, short-sighted, stupid logo-ed, underachieving, stingy, obsolete pondscum of mediocrity next season.

Machico managed to stay up by two points, so I'm going to hold responsibility because I signed 3 players and left before they arrived ;) I don't really want to go to any other country and no point starting again so! I am now the proud manager of CSD Câmara de Lobos, about 10 miles from Machico on Madeira Island, and promoted to the same division as Machico. I've not been to that part of the island so not comfortable like before. Smaller wage but media already predicts them to stay up before I've tinkered so I'm looking forward to the coming season. Thanks for the motivation pal (Y)

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - 2015/16 Season Summary

Finances

Key figure - £221,556 | Summary

That's right! I have a positive bank balance for the first time since I took over! Very exciting! I give it about three weeks...

Transfers | 17 out (£144,000) | 11 in (£0)

The first money came through the doors as overpaid mediocre right-winger Abilio left and Lucas (previous top scorer who had unfortunate wage increases built into his contract) departed.

In came a swathe of exciting young Brazilians (who you'll see later) and some decent enough pros. I thought I improved the squad, a prognosis which initially seemed foolish as I watched my young charges humiliated three times in the League Cup group phases.

League | Predicted - 16th (Bottom)

Table | Graph

Well, an unusual season. As I said above, I came out of the blocks like a rocket. Only losing two games in my first 12. This had put me well and truly in the early season frame at the top of the table. However, unfortunately my mid-table season was awful. A couple of changes (I don't know how much difference they really made, but I'm claiming it!) later though, and we were back on form. It was insanely close between 2nd and 8th, with only a handful of points separating everyone. I hit for at the right time again and rose to second (heralding automatic promotion) with the final game to come.

Playing 11th it was a game I should win, and with only a draw necessary I was feeling reasonably confident. Sitting at 0-0 at half time with my nearest rivales also drawing this confidence grew. However, it wasn't to be that easy. Within moments of each other I conceded, and my rivals scored. Suddenly I was facing heartbreak and, more importantly, another season in this league. Imagine the relief then when, in a few mad moments, my opposition had a man sent off and then I scored. With results as they stood I would go up based on results between teams (I like that rule). Fortunately my rivals, perhaps after word of my equaliser filtered through as the fans sat there, radios strapped to their ears, fell away resulting in a comfortable two point gap and Lusitania Acores preparing for the big time.

Cup

Moderate progression. The League Cup was an unmitigated disaster (I lost all three games in the initial group stage, it didn't give me much hope for the rest of the season). I did however make it to the Fourth Round of the Taca de Portugal. A record for me, hope was also raised by the fact that a Second League side made it all the way to the final. Hopefully the gap isn't too big.

Squad | Overview

Goalkeepers

Cabecinha - Came in on a free (one of the exciting Brazilians) and took over from Iliya. Performed well enough, a few games he was awful, but won us more points than he lost.

Iliya Frantskevich - Last year's number 1 replaced entirely. Leaving to head back to Belarus at the end of the season.

Defenders

Alex Kakuba - Kept his place in the first team. He may not be the best player, but he's reliable.

Nenad Zivic - Provided cover. Got a bit upset towards the end of the season because he was homesick and not getting off the bench.

Polegar - This boy (another Brazilian) has pace, that's about it, but it appears very handy as he proved more than capable of keeping his compatriot Demerson off the pitch.

Demerson - Fell behind Polegar in the pecking order, his time has come to an end, he's the only part time player left at the club, must have been hard to take.

Ramon - The stalwart of the last couple of seasons started impressively but faded to be replaced by Klima for the important run in.

Alan - Another season where he was the most impressive of the centre backs.

Lukas Klima - Didn't have an inspiring start to his career in the Azores but came good at the right time and played very well in the season run in, chipping in with some very important goals too.

Midfielders

Ricardo Esgaio - Cover brought in on loan from Parent Club, Sporting. Didn't really feature.

Eduard Borodin - A pretty good season for the young Russian, I hope he can perform at the next level.

Januario - Time may be running out for this very loyal servant. He was replaced on the left wing this season and his replacement was immense.

Haris Kozak - Shared playing time with Andre, scored some good goals, was there for the run in.

Andre - This winger (another Brazilian) competed well with Kozak.

Firat Sasmaz - One of the stars of the season, provided a huge number of assists from the left wing. His tally of 20 assists in the league was the highest of the season and also a new league record.

Robson - Went from starter to utility midfielder. By no means embarrassed himself.

Claudio - Robson's replacement (another Brazilian lad brought in during pre-season), he has an exciting future and a great eye for a pass.

Forwards

Mika Korkeakunnas - Relegated to back up this year. I can't really see a place for the Finn next year.

Henrique - The player of the season (mine at least) relentless scoring up front. He has been playing the Pastore/Kresic/Zubillaga role in my preferred formation, long term readers will know how this position often yields my favourite players. This guy could be one to add to the list. Another of the exciting Brazilians! He was also the league's top scorer this season and also won goal of the year. With this little beauty which clinched a late season win.

[video=youtube;RM2G8uXaHX4]

Well done Henrique!

Krasimir Kirilov - Disappointing season for the player I thought could put pressure on the Brazilians. He only player when injuries happened, and even then not especially well.

Alex - Yup, you guessed it, another Brazilian. Henrique's partner. Despite playing the, in theory, more advanced role he wasn't as prolific as Henrique. Still, did well, picked up some important goals.

Otoniel Robelto - This lad has been knocking around for a while as a potentially good youth player, I'm not sure he'll make it so I thought I should mention him now to acknowledge his existence somewhere!

Aims For Last Season

1/ Consolidate - Achieved, and then some!

Aims For Next Season

1/ Survive

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!

Previous Updates

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7202432&viewfull=1#post7202432'>12/13

13/14

14/15

150px-Usnovese.png

Novese Mid-Season Update - 2012/13 - Serie C2B

Incredibly brief update but we're looking good in the league, sitting

3rd. Progress has been steady.

Star man has been my predicted star of the season Antonio Montella. He has just missed 3 games to suspension annoyingly.

We managed to ride a storm of injuries reasonably well actually. November was our toughest month, as you can see here but overall we show good character on the back of poor runs of form which is pleasing.

We'll need to maintain our form in the 2nd half of the season and I expect this to be particularly tough as expectations have risen. We're in quite a bit of debt now as well (-£150k) - hope it doesn't restrict me too much next summer.

What the? i can't offer my best striker, Serge Guei a new contract, because he is over 23 now and for some reason i'm not allowed over 23 foreigners, so i guess he's leaving at the end of the season :(

A little update on the guy mentioned, he's now on 35 goals in 56 games for me since joining. He's got 15 this season so far from 15(2) games, so i'm going to have to find a good replacement.

I can guarantee that the board will be disappointed at his loss at the end of the season too.

Edit: A possible replacement, but he's 22, meaning he won't be playing for long, unless i offer a massive contract, which he won't accept.

iacovone - Thanks. Yeah, it's quite chunky. I like to be comprehensive, doesn't compare to anything LLR produces though, his seasons should be published as a book when he completes!

I've noticed a nice series building up in my 'Story So Far' if it continues I should scrape a relegation avoidance and then win get in Europe the following season. We'll see...

:/ Never been sacked before! I am now holidaying to the end of the year and am starting again in Portugal. I will carry on in the save game.

I was sacked with Machico in FM11, it was really tough, I moved on with the same thing into another season and pulled up Penalva Castelo (Machico thumped me with my own players the next season lol)...Good luck with Lobos :)

I was sacked with Machico in FM11, it was really tough, I moved on with the same thing into another season and pulled up Penalva Castelo (Machico thumped me with my own players the next season lol)...Good luck with Lobos :)

Thanks, how did you end up with Penalva?

A very nice season there PRDH, will give a more indepth read tonight after work.

Yeah Charles the only good thing is you can sign them for long periods, but after they hit 23 its done, it was something that sucked I found in Turkey when I played there for a little bit last year....

Archived