Sports Interactive Community
Lower Leagues Rule

FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Got my latest and probably last lot of youth players in, nothing much to write home about, but definitely the strangest and most varied nationalities. Got mostly French obv, but got my routine few Scots - one of which has a 2nd nationality of Paraguay!? Also got a guy from Guam, a Cypriot, a Dane.

I'm now halfway through the final attempt with Keçiörengücü. Through to the knockout rounds of the Champions League with ease (just waiting for the draw) and am amazingly still 100% in the league after 16 games! I just hope we can keep this form up :)

This is the year dodgeed I can sense it, the prophecy will be fulfilled as told in the ancient fm texts:

"and so on the eve of the birth of the son (fm13), a hero emerges from the shadows, to complete his quest in a blaze of glory, and fulfil the ancient prophecy of completion."

Great start DodgeeD the players must know that it's you last season and be playing that little bit better for you :p

On a completely unrelated note is your manager character guy ever forced to retire because of his age?? because I don't imagine you can have a 113 year old managing a football team .... or are you just immortal?? :L

I guess people are beginning to migrate to FM13. I will continue with this save for now. :)

real_avila_logo.png

Real Ávila CF – Season 8 – 19/20 – La Liga

La Liga, Spanish Cup & Champions CupTableGraphFixtures 1Fixtures 2

Media Prediction: 4th

Final Position: 2nd

Had my team been able to get even 1 point from the last game of the season against the not so good Betis, La Liga championship would have been Ávila's. But that was not to be, so 2nd place behind Real Madrid with equal points it is.

Real Ávila win Copa Real again! I guess it was Real Madrid's revenge to get the Spanish league championship, but the cup victory belongs to Los Abulenses after an efficient performance to defeat Madrid by 2 goals. 4 - 2 for Real Ávila.

Match StatsPlayer Ratings

Success! Ávila win Champions League before ever becoming a Spanish champion. One of the greatest performances was in the quarter final against Inter in Ávila. Inter had won 3 - 0 in Milan, but succumbed to a comprehensive 5 - 0 defeat on the road. The final was between Ávila and Man Utd, but the game was basically over when Los Abulenses took a 3 - 0 lead in 23 minutes. The final result was 4 - 1.

Real Ávila Team - Squad - Transfers

Jorge Villaseñor - DC

Villaseñor is beginning to perform on the level I expect from him. 7.40 avg is pretty good.

Julen Pérez- DC/L

Pérez is a new signing from Athletic Bilbao. He is a natural DC, but can play on the left aswell. Spanish international.

José Vicente Gómez - AMC/MC

Former Spanish U21 international, who was never able to make it at Sevilla. I gave him a chance, but he didn't impress when he was playing. Reasonably good attributes, and could probably be a good starting player at a smaller club.

Juan José - ST/AMC/MC

Perfectly acceptable season by the quick striker. Is very good at going past opposition defenders. Got his first cap(s) for Spain.

Igor Goienetxea - ST/AMRC

Didn't play a single game, but could be the 2nd player from Ávila yout to break through to the 1st team. Or might be sold later to Bilbao (Llorente is 35), as he is a Basque.

Paulo Inverno - ST

Inverno was in lethal form. 32 league goals in 35 games and important goals in cups. Excellent!

Remarks

All the facilities are being developed. Adolfo Suárez will have a capacity of 50 000 after the latest expansion, which I think is the maximum. Its funny how in the beginning the stadium was a lump of delapidated concrete, and after step by step improvements it will soon be a large theatre of dreams - except for corporate facilities, which have not been changed at all. I imagine the corporate facilities consist of a few discoloured 1970s plastic chairs. :cool:

fireworks.jpg

Victory celebrations ;)

[b]Season          Division          Position          Spanish Cup          Champions Cup          Euro Cup          Achievements[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/2020       La Liga           2nd               Final                Final                  -                 Spanish Cup Win, Champions Cup Win, Spanish Super Cup Win
2018/2019       La Liga           3rd               Final                1st Kno Rnd            -                 Spanish Cup Win
2017/2018       La Liga           3rd               Qtr Final            -                      2nd Kno Rnd       -
2016/2017       La Liga           5th               5th Rnd              -                      -                 -
2015/2016       La Liga           10th              5th Rnd              -                      -                 -
2014/2015       2nd Div           1st               Qtr Final            -                      -                 Promotion
2013/2014       2nd B3            1st               4th Rnd              -                      -                 Promotion
2012/2013       2nd B3            2nd               -                    -                      -                 -

Congrats Duccio, on the Champions League Victory there, and sooo close to the La Liga as well. Hopefully you can get there in the next season, Good Luck.

Just thought I should note, I am still working on the nominations for the Awards, they are coming. And also this thread is still 860 posts short of the FM09 effort :p

great season duccio, so close for you, it will be next season for you. team coming on nicely. Inverno is one of the most stunning players of the thread.

Thanks LLR & aldojags! It was a great season. Only once during the game has the 1st division been won with a higher points tally than the 92 Real Madrid (and Ávila) got. If I can just maintain my form, then conquering La Liga should not be far. I have had players with comparable, or even better, attributes than Inverno, but he seems to be very consistent at a high level.

Wow, I've been massively busy these last couple of days getting work done so I can have a casual run at the beta when it's downloaded. Didn't get round to a final round up of Lusitania Acores. But maybe that's best. Leave it with an open end...

Im thinkin the same for my save prdh, was a great journey n i'll look back with pride at my team, but ive moved on, farewell france!

Annan_Athletic_FC_logo.png

Annan Adventure In Scotland - Season 7 - 2018/19[/center]

All I can say is wow. No games lost in the league all year, a new stadium, and a new trophy :D

League (1st)

The league was never in doubt, as we simply demolished all comers, including a 9-3 win against Rangers and several other matches where we scored more than 5 goals. I believe we are the only team not from the Old Firm to win 3 consecutive titles.

Scottish Cup (Winners)

Another cup win, conceding only one goal on the way. The win is our 4th cup win in 5 years, underlining dominance.

League Cup (Semi Final)

Playing a few 2nd string players proved that the rest of Scotland isn't miles behind, though losing to Rangers hurt.

Winners: Rangers

Champion's League (WINNERS :D)

Though we were underdogs and not even expected to get out of the group, we somehow won the group after 2 excellent wins against Real Madrid and A.C. Milan. After that, my counter-attack tactic seemed to devastate allcomers to the Annan Stadium, although we lost at the Emirates. The final was an interesting match - 3 players red carded, including Lloyd Bowler and another player injured. The match ended with 18 players on the pitch.

Key Players

Goalkeeper

13. Darren Duncan

Defenders

2. Darren Cole

5. Lloyd Bowler

6. Volkan Kaya

12. Scott Allen (Champions League MWG)

14.Marc Schulitz

15. Liam Bathgate

21. Patrick Pourié

Midfielders

4. Mark Cunningham

7. Ray Wiles

8. Ben Blackwell

10. Leon Morgan

11. Mihael Roncevic

16. Steffen Rietentiet

18. Mickael Soderberg

Forwards

9. Siem Voss

17. Timo Hergert

Transfers

Yep, I did sign someone in the summer then sell him in January. No, he didn't play any games. :p

Progress

| Year   | Division | Position | Achievements                     |
| 2012-13|   SFL3   |     1st  | Promoted as champions            |
| 2013-14|   SFL2   |     1st  | Promoted as champions            |
| 2014-15|   SFL1   |     1st  | Promoted, Scottish Cup Winners |
| 2015-16|   SPL     |    2nd  | Scottish Cup Winners, into CL    |
| 2016-17|   SPL     |    1st   | SPL winners                            |
| 2017-18|   SPL     |    1st   | Domestic Treble                      |
| 2018-19|   SPL     |    1st   | [b]Challenge Complete[/b]        |

100 club
| Player             | Nat | Pos | Apps | Gls/Conc | Status
| Loris Karius      |GER | GK |  131 |    119       | Leaving 1.7.19
| Lloyd Bowler    | ENG| DC | 161 |      64       | At club
| Darren Duncan | SCO | GK | 114 | 67          | At club
| Ben Blackwell   | ENG  | MC | 132 | 21         | At club

Congrats Lenzar. Completing the challenge in seven seasons with a Scottish side is quite some achievement! :thup:

That is stunning lenzar, i would have been happy to be in spl at ur stage let alone cl winners! I salute u sir!

That is stunning lenzar, i would have been happy to be in spl at ur stage let alone cl winners! I salute u sir!

The SFL was fairly easy tbh, due to number of free transfers who'd sign for relatively low wages.

Loris Karius, for example, was good enough to play in the SPL and signed for me when I was in SFL3. The transfer system is a little messed up....

Amazing Lenzar to complete the challenge in Scotland, in such a short number of seasons if a real huge accomplishment, congrats.

Congrats to everyone who completed or come close to complete the challenge, hope to see you for the FM13 challenge which I see is already up and going strong. :)

TheEnd.png

And that's it from me... Very frustrating as we had won all bar four of our games in all competitions (and those were draws) and somehow we lost at 2-0 home after we had won 2-1 in Munich. :mad:

Still, it was a fun save. I reached the 1,100 games milestone just before this game, had two youth products pass 400 games for the club (Sahin Kaya and then Kadir Alagöz), another youth product (Erman Ergin) scored over 200 league goals for the club, two were labelled 'wonderkids' (Firat Pak and Kemal Mocan) and one got over 100 international caps (Kadir Alagöz). Trophy wise, 12 league titles and two champions league final appearances is none too shabby.

I'm going to give a couple of other challenges a go (namely rancer's Asian version and Razer's Americas one) first on FM13 but I'll try to come back and attempt this again at some point. :thup:

Hard luck mate, but you achieved great things, your youth products were the envy of many users, so you can be pleased with what you've done. I thought you were goin to do it this year with the 15 straight wins or whateevr it was? Hope you enjoy whichever challenge you go onto

DogeeD- Unlucky mate, I'd keep the save incase you ever want to go back and finish what you started. :)

Hard luck mate, but you achieved great things, your youth products were the envy of many users, so you can be pleased with what you've done. I thought you were goin to do it this year with the 15 straight wins or whateevr it was? Hope you enjoy whichever challenge you go onto
It was 22 straight wins in the league in the end and we had a twenty point lead with 7 regular season games left. :) I just hope I can get some YPs like this again!
DogeeD- Unlucky mate, I'd keep the save incase you ever want to go back and finish what you started. :)
I will but I have many a save backed up on my external harddrive from the last several FMs that I've never returned too covering challenges, careers and sign-ups... Hmm, that's given me an idea :p

Unlucky DodgeeD really thought you were going to complete it, great work nontheless.
Thanks brettney. As we went out in the 1st Knockout Round, I knew I wouldn't have the time to play through the rest of that season and then a whole other one - at least not when FM13 is waiting for me!

Thanks brettney. As we went out in the 1st Knockout Round, I knew I wouldn't have the time to play through the rest of that season and then a whole other one - at least not when FM13 is waiting for me!

I konw what you mean, theres no way i would of been able to continue with 13 out ... I want to see if i can win the World Club Cup and i've took the Turkey Job but i doubt i'll load up 12 and play ...

real_avila_logo.png

Real Ávila CF – Season 9 – 20/21 – La Liga

La Liga, Spanish Cup & Champions CupTableGraphFixtures 1Fixtures 2

Media Prediction: 4th

Final Position: 1st

Victory is sweet! Ávila were in the contention from the get go, and without a serious drop in form were the only candidate for the championship in the last quarter of the season. Los Abulenses won the 1st Division 19 points ahead of Real Madrid.

The third consecutive Spanish Cup win for Ávila, but not without a price: important striker Juan José got injured, and the game itself went on for 120+ minutes because of the extra time that was needed to decide the victor. 3 - 1 win over Atlético Madrid.

Last season Ávila got a fairly easy win over Man Utd in the Champions League Final, but this year the Mancunians won when the teams again met in the final. Without striker Juan José and defender David Torres, the tired (after Spanish Cup extra time) Ávila players were quite good in the first half, but in the second half the complete ineffectiveness of Los Abulenses attacking play was evident. I subbed on aging Fernando Torres, who is retiring at the end of the season, but he didn't do anything. His last ever pro game was Champions Cup Final - would have been great if he had scored. 2 - 0 win for Manchester United.

Real Ávila Team - Squad - Transfers

David Torres - DC

Torres had his best season to date. Sadly he was injured and missed the Spanish Cup Final and Champions Cup Final.

Andreu Martínez - D/WB R

Young DR who has improved a lot.

Matthieu Schmitt- D/WB R

Pacey French DR. His first season at Ávila.

Bram Franssen - MC/AMC

Young skillfull Belgian midfielder. New player at Ávila.

Javier López Delgado - ST/AMC/MC

Striker López Delgado is not a top class player. His pace and acceleration are comparable to those of Juan José and Inverno, but he is much much slower than them with the ball. Nevertheless, he scored some important goals - often when he came on later in the game.

Juan José - ST/AMC/MC

Improved his performances compared to the previous season. 18 league goals and 24 league assists.

Paulo Inverno - ST

Prolific striker. 28 league goals.

Remarks

The challenge has been completed! :)

fireworks.jpg

Victory celebrations ;)

[b]Season          Division          Position          Spanish Cup          Champions Cup          Euro Cup          Achievements[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/2021       La Liga           1st               Final                Final                  -                 La Liga Win, Spanish Cup Win, Spanish Super Cup Win, European Super Cup Win, Club World Ch'ship Win
2019/2020       La Liga           2nd               Final                Final                  -                 Spanish Cup Win, Champions Cup Win, Spanish Super Cup Win
2018/2019       La Liga           3rd               Final                1st Kno Rnd            -                 Spanish Cup Win
2017/2018       La Liga           3rd               Qtr Final            -                      2nd Kno Rnd       -
2016/2017       La Liga           5th               5th Rnd              -                      -                 -
2015/2016       La Liga           10th              5th Rnd              -                      -                 -
2014/2015       2nd Div           1st               Qtr Final            -                      -                 Promotion
2013/2014       2nd B3            1st               4th Rnd              -                      -                 Promotion
2012/2013       2nd B3            2nd               -                    -                      -                 -

well in duccio and surely the first person to complete the challenge back to front? CL first then league?

Being able to maintain the good form from previous season was key. I actually feel happy to have completed the challenge - I'm not sure if I have done it before. I do remember finishing dafuge's challenge on some version of the game though. Wether someone has won the Champions League ahead of a domestic title before, I don't know.

I wanted to see how Viry-Chatillon would get on in my absence, so I stuck it on last night before I went to bed, and retired my manager.

I then put the game on permanent holiday, and left it on overnight to see how they got on (expecting them to melt down)

They appointed Olivier Girourd (current Arsenal striker)

After it took me sooooo long to win the CL, Girourd won it in his first AND second season!!

They've also kept winning the league.

Normally in FM when I leave a club in a good state, the AI wrecks the club and sells off all the best players. But they kept the squad together and are now in a better position than when I left in terms of now 3 times CL winners!