FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

150px-Salernitana_sport.png

End of Season Update

Salerno - Serie C2/B - 2013/14

Serie C2/B

In stark contrast to last year the season got underway to an uninspired start with the team winning only 3 of the first 11 games and leaving us in the bottom half of the table, not good considering i'd told the board that we would win the league this season. I decided to change the formation around a bit in a hope to spur the team onto realize their full potential and this had a far better effect than I was anticipating as we went on to win 24 of the remaining 27 league games and finish the season without another defeat. This fantastic run of form saw us rocket up the table and hit the top spot in February and making it our own, holding onto it until the end of the season and being crowned Serie C2/B champions with games remaining. This form can be put largely down to the fine form of my defense and goalkeeper who Conceded by far the least goals in the league which became doubly important because my forwards still weren't putting the ball in the net as often as I would like only managing 56 goals and becoming the joint 7th Top scoring team in the league. Results 1, Results 2, League Positions.

Serie C Cup

We managed to go one step further than last season and qualified from the first group stage as group winners but then lost our game against Bassano in the 1st round and were knocked out.

C2 Super Cup

I assume we got put in this for finishing 1st in the league and played Foggia. The first leg was pretty uneventful and finished 0-0 with the only talking point being a sending off for Foggia. This left it all to play for in the second leg which was at my home stadium, which is always as advantage, and the home fans came through as the support spurred the team onto a 4-1 win and a second piece of silverware for the season.

Transfers

Again alot of ins and outs with 11 players being let go for various reasons, mainly because I didn't think their ability justified their wages. The majority of the players I brought in were bought as back-up for the already established first team. However, there were a few exceptions and with my hunt for a natural goalscorer continuing I decided to spend big on Diego Cubillos to replace the ever unimpressive Assad Zetrenne who managed to make 15 appearances this season scoring a single goal. I also signed Marek Kysela to help sure up the defense, he moved into the starting 11 soon after his arrival at the club and played well even popping up with some important goals.

I'm happy with most areas of my team but my search still goes on for a goal scorer, the players iv'e signed this season are an improvement but 10 goals in 30 is hardly the right record for a striker at a team that won any league. I think i'll also be looking into bringing in a RB and LB with Simone Calori moving toward the end of his career and Alessandro Polinesi leaving at the end of the season when his contract expires.

Finainces

I'm beginning to wonder if it is even possible to make a profit and be relatively successful in the lower leagues of any country. Anyways managed to reduce losses from 550k last season to 340k. Not much more to say really.

Next Season

I think it's going to be a difficult season but hopefully we will be able to secure a respectable position and avoid relegation so we have something to build on and move up the table.

Question!

During matches my assistant says that some of my players find it hard to motivate themselves to play for a manager of my stature. Does anyone know why this is?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been on in a while, just been fed up with my repeated failures! I've picked up the baton though and going for one final push pre- FM13!

Going well, still dominating domestically, got a quality team, just keep blowing the CL. I'm more than capable of winning it, just bottle it!

Got my new stadium amped up to 46k, filling it every week! When is FM 13 out?

prdh - your youths are stunning as always. I never get young midfielders that good in terms of their technical attributes. I dont give them enough football though, quite a lot of rotation in my squad, most players don't hit over 30 games a season.

Question!

During matches my assistant says that some of my players find it hard to motivate themselves to play for a manager of my stature. Does anyone know why this is?

It's because of Sunday League reputation, it will sort itself out with a bit of success or by getting on their favourite personnel list. It shouldn't matter that much in the lower leagues anyway.

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Youth Intake & Squad Players

Double purpose update here. I've just had the new youth intake (mediocre) and so will do a truncated round up and then, following on from the youth and first team players I will post the rest of the squad list here too.

Youth | This year I will only be introducing you to the two top prospects (both 3.5-star propsects) from the intake as it was a pretty average bunch.

Marco Cavaleiro is the best player of the bunch. Born in Angra itself, the striker has some decent stats already, he faces a tough challenge to get to the first team, but the increasing years of Cardoso mean he can't go on forever and that will jump the rest up a notch. Hopefully Cardoso can give some good tutoring advice to this lad and get him on the road to stardom. Realistically I'd say he looks like a decent player in the making, but probably not a superstar.

Valter Antunes, heralding from Vila Nova, a small town on the North coast of the island, is right winger. He is reckoned to have the same potential as Cavaleiro but starts from a lower base level of talent. I think he's another destined to be a squad player before maybe leaving the club for a career elsewhere. Time, however, will tell.

The Squad

Dalvinder Davies - Despite being born in Southend, Davies is Azorean through and through in terms of footballing education. The young keeper is part of the English U21 system despite his Portuguese citizenship and is an able deputy for first choice Dias. And, when the latter finally retires, is first in line to replace him. He is already a more than capable keeper and should improve still further.

Duarte - A player who is unfortunate to end up on this list. He rotates with Sousa and both are of a pretty similar standard. At 24 he has already made 130 league appearances and picked up a host of medals. He is definitely second choice to Sousa at international level.

Ricardo Aleixo - Another rotating full back. I thought this lad was going to go to be a star, but he's stagnated and has never really fulfilled his potential. He is still a good player, and in many games he'd be my homegrown hero, but he has a lot of competition in this remarkable save.

Rui Lopes - For a long time the first choice defender in his position but age and increased competition has seen him fall down the pecking order. He has taken up a staff role in conjunction with his playing and his place at the club should continue well into the future in that capacity. I'd expect him to retire from palying soon as he's not really getting much of a look in now.

Flávio Carvalho - This converted midfielder is waiting patiently for his chance in defence, his game time is increasing and we look a decent side with his passing in the back line. He is the spiritual successor to Rui Lopes (above) in that regard and will only see his pitch time increase over the next few seasons.

Paul Bossman - Very close to being first choice now. I think next season might see the switch permanent. He is a great all round midfielder and can really dictate the tempo from a deep position.

Luís Santos - A great player and one who rotates with Vieira. When age finally pushes the elder statesman out of the first team (he's now 33) we have a wonderful readymade replacement in the shape of this chap. No worries here.

Luís Pereira - Very close to becoming our first choice left winger and the man to finally displace Tuominen and make the first team wholly homegrown. I was not expecting him to get this far and his improvement has been amazing. He has recently made his international debut and should be able to hold that position down for a long time.

Hugo Medeiros - The right wing is a real position of strength with this amazing youngster ready to take over from Rodrigues when age gets the better of him. Unfortunately he has also inherited his mentor's injury troubles and has spent a huge chunk of this season out with problems.

Nuno Rosa - Has started to make his long-awaited breakthrough but, unfortunately, he has also just seen the younger players make great strides too. I think his position as second choice is about his level with those ahead of him fading as those behind grow. A pity because his pace is a real asset.

In terms of team performance, well, I've just wrapped up the 26th consecutive league title before heading off to Arsenal to defend a 1-0 first leg lead in the Europa League semi-final. A great team performance and a 1-2 victory saw us through to the final 3-1 on aggregate where we'll face PSV. Could this be a bit of European silverware (albeit not the big one) for the homegrown team?

Done it! We've won the Europa League! Not my most commanding performance, but a win nevertheless.

It was a great comeback win at the Antwerp Community Stadium.

PSV took the lead in the 3rd minute and the rest of the first half belonged to the Dutch team too. The team came in and received a rollocking. It seemed to have done no good, with a 62nd minute goal extending the lead.

However, very soon after that the tide began to turn. In the 67th minute Marques got our nose back in it, before Nuno Rosa scored a penalty in the 72nd to level the scores. The team's tails were up now and we looked more likely to score the next goal and we did. In the 80th minute Luis Pereira broke down the left and put a dangerous ball into the box where a PSV player turned it into his own net. We shut up shop for the last 10 minutes to lift our second piece of European silverware.

And what's more, the team was all homegrown. The starting XI was as follows:

GK - Dias

DL - Reis

DR - Duarte

DCR - Paulo

DCL - Miguel

MCd - Teixeira

MCa - Vieira (Santos 90)

AMR - Rodrigues

AML - Pereira

SCL - Cardoso (Rosa 29)

SCR - Marques (Carvalho 80)

Our final non-homegrown player (Tuominen) was on the bench, but did not make it onto the pitch.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/Lenzar/TimoHergetOverview_Attributes-2_zpsa8b39655.png

Annan_Athletic_FC_logo.png

Annan Adventure In Scotland - Season 6 - 2017/18

Another excellent season from my Galabankies, who will no longer be playing at Galabank as of October (assuming no more delays)

League (1st)

Usually in the league we were brilliant, including a 6-0 win against Aberdeen and several other 4-0 and 5-0 wins. Our two losses came to Celtic and Hearts, both in January.

Champion's League (Round of 16)

Again we came 2nd in the group, easily beating third seeds Twente home and away, despite the best efforts of a player called Annan. ;) We also beat Schalke twice, and managed a point against Arsenal.

Winners: Real Madrid

League Cup (Winners)

Having never got anywhere in this cup before, I am delighted to finally win it. We have now won everything Scottish football has to offer

Scottish Cup (Winners)

Despite poor performances against SFL sides in the early rounds, and being taken to penalties by Motherwell, the final was never in doubt, as we secured both our 3rd cup win in 4 years, and a domestic treble!

Player analysis

Goalkeepers

13. Darren Duncan

Again Darren's form proved enough to allow him to play every single game, where he was simply brilliant at times. Also seems to be Scotland's number 1 keeper.

(Apps: 38, Cnc: 15, Cln: 26, Avr: 7.00) N

Defenders

2. Darren Cole

Despite being used solely as backup this year, Darren was good enough when played to ensure that he would remain at the club

(Apps: 7, Gls: 0, Avr: 7.43)

5. Lloyd Bowler

Lloyd, thanks to his consistent goal scoring, has overtaken Christian James and now holds the record number of goals for Annan, though he has perhaps been a little less prolific. One of two players in AVB's premliminary 30 man England squad.

(Apps: 36, Gls: 15, Avr: 7.78)

12. Volkan Kaya

Promoted into the first team after the unfortunate loss of Marenglen Asslani, Volkan stepped into the mould with perfection, perhaps even doing better than the departing Asslani.

(Apps: 29, Gls: 2, Avr: 7.32)

14. Marc Schulitz

Again used mostly as backup, Marc is starting to get itchy feet about not playing enough.

(Apps: 16, Gls

15. Liam Bathgate

One of my 'Old Firm' style poachings, from Hearts, Liam is the reason Darren Cole couldn't get a game, though his low fitness levels meant he had to be rested more than I'd have liked. One of the players likely to go to the World Cup with Scotland.

(Apps: 30, Gls: 0, Avr: 7.15)

21. Scott Allen

The main cover for Bowler and Kaya, Scott is easily good enough that I happily played him when he moaned about not enough starts.

(Apps: 12, Gls: 0, Avr: 7.08)

23. Patrick Pourié

Deemed better than Fortescue, Patrick soon repaid my faith in him with many excellent performances.

(Apps: 34, Gls: 0, Avr: 7.35)

Midfielders

7. Ray Wiles

Another big signing, this time from Hibs, Ray was worth every penny of his transfer fee, his good performances even getting him into AVB's final 30 for Russia 2018.

(Apps: 35, Gls: 14, Avr: 7.69)

8. Ben Blackwell

Another good year from Ben, who is still only 20.

(Apps: 35, Gls: 4, Avr: 7.25)

10. Leon Morgan

Solid at his worst, brilliant at his best, Leon's performances have easily been better than those of last year, cementing his first XI place.

(Apps: 35, Gls: 11, Avr: 7.25)

11. Gyliano van Velzen

Another former first teamer relegated to backup status, and another who performed well when needed.

(Apps: 8, Gls: 0, Avr: 7.04)

16. Steffen Rietentiet

Steffen spent the majority of the year as first choice, but ended up as a sub when I signed a better CM. Still played well enough to justify his position in my team.

(Apps: 26, Gls: 0, Avr: 7.12)

18. Siem Voss

Wow. Signed on a free, Siem was simply excellent. Despite being better as a striker, I played Siem as a left inside forward, a position he excelled at, bagging nearly twenty goals in the league alone.

(Apps: 33, Gls: 19, Avr: 7.62)

28. Mark Cunningham

A January signing from Hearts after he bossed the midfield against me, Mark fit straight into the side and performed well enough to justify being a first XI pick.

(Apps: 17, Gls: 3, Avr: 7.17)

29. Mickael Soderberg

Another January signing, Soderberg looks and plays well enough to give both Leon Morgan and striker Timo Herget something to worry about.

(Apps: 7, Gls: 2, Avr: 7.34)

Forwards

9. Christian James

Due to me signing better players, Christian simply did not get much time this year. Towards the end of the season, when Petrillo returned to River, he got some time as an impact sub, though he was rarely on for long enough to make a difference, scoring only one goal - in the League Cup against Hearts.

(Apps: 7, Gls: 0, Avr: 6.82)

20. Timo Herget

Signed from Dynamo Dresden for £1.4m, Timo proved a decent signing, though he was largely overshadowed by Siem Voss.

(Apps: 29, Gls: 13, Avr: 7.17)

26. Alexis Petrillo

Loanee Petrillo was decent at times, but was poor enough at others that I let him return to owning club River Plate without a fuss.

(Apps: 4, Gls:1, Avr: 6.75)

Transfers

Progress

| Year   | Division | Position | Achievements                     |
| 2012-13|   SFL3   |     1st  | Promoted as champions            |
| 2013-14|   SFL2   |     1st  | Promoted as champions            |
| 2014-15|   SFL1   |     1st  | Promoted, Scottish Cup Winners |
| 2015-16|   SPL     |    2nd  | Scottish Cup Winners, into CL    |
| 2016-17|   SPL     |    1st   | SPL winners                            |
| 2017-18|   SPL     |    1st   | Domestic Treble                      |

100 club
| Player        | Nat | Pos | Apps | Gls/Conc | Status
| Loris Karius  |GER | GK |  131 |    119       | At club 
| Lloyd Bowler | ENG| DC | 128 |      52      | At club

Keçiorengücü 2029/30 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 1st

Championship Group: Winners!!

(qualified for next season’s Champions League Group Stage)

Turkish Cup: Winners!!

Super Cup: Winners!!

Champions League: Semi-Finalists

Premier Division

We had a slow start this year with a couple of early defeats while Fenerbahçe raced ahead winning their first 12 games. However, we improved as the season went on and they faltered allowing us to top the table by six points in the end.

Final Table

Championship Group

We only had a narrow advantage over Fenerbahçe but their end of season dip extended into the play-offs and we were able to win with two games to spare.

Final standings

Super Cup

A bit of a goal fest to start the season as we beat Dardenelspor 5-2.

Turkish Cup

After being on the wrong end of a giant-killing last season, we had a point to prove in the cup. We had an easy path to the semis before a thrilling semi against Göztepe in which we were losing 2-1 and down to ten men after one of my players came off injured but managed to grab an equaliser in the fifth minute of added on time. There were more goals in extra time as it finished 3-3 before we eventually triumphed on penalties. That meant another game with Dardenelspor in the final, which was a much more comfortable 4-0 win.

Champions League

Once again, we drew Arsenal in the group stage but were unable to repeat last year’s trick of topping the group. We had to settle for second instead meaning a tough knockout tie with Barcelona. A fantastic performance at home earned us a 2-0 win before we played the game of the century at Camp Nou, eventually winning 5-4 on the night, 7-4 on aggregate. We beat PSG in the quarters easily but our run was to end in the semis at the hands of Sevilla, mainly due to a shocking first half in the first leg during which we conceded four goals. We puılled it back to 4-2 but could only draw 1-1 in the return game and therefore the challenge goes on….

The Squad: Transfers

We ended up having quite a few changes forced upon us this year. The main losses were Kaan Uygun, whose minimum release clause was activated by PSG, and Ariel Domini and Marius Dragut, who were both into the final year of their contracts and unwilling to sign new ones. Apart from those departures, there were the usual reserves being released and youth players sent out on loan.

Having lost three key players, new recruits had to be brought in with a focus on finding Turkish players as I had more foreigners than I could give playing time to in the squad last year. Attacking midfielder Nusret Karadag came in the cheap from Bayern. I don’t usually sign older players but he’s a star in the Turkish national side and his arrival apparently boosted merchandising revenue. Defensive midfielder Ilker Yüksel also came in from Willem II (he has dual Belgian-Turkish nationality). Thatw as followed by a double transfer from rivals Galatasaray. The departure of Kann Uygun meant a left winger was needed so we swooped for Ibrahim Ersin Akyurt. 9.75 million was possibly a bit much but it was a deadline day deal. Mikail Deniz, who used to be on the books here as a youngster, returned to the club giving us a much needed Turkish option in goal and freeing up a foreigner slot.

I did end up with a couple of foreign players, however. First came Henry Huitema on a free from PSV. He was brought in as a future prospect but his performances were so good, he got a lot of first team time. In January, we also brought in Tim Penfold from League One side Charlton. My scouts say he is a Champions League quality player and his performances so far have done nothing to disprove that.

The Squad: Key Players

Fırat Pak (DR)* – sulked a bit about getting a new contract but performed very well again and is now first choice right-back.

Kadir Alagöz (DC)* – Another great season from the towering centre back.

Ricardo Martins (DC) – after the sale of Domini, this young Portuguese player stepped up and turned in a series of fine performances, especially in the second half of the season.

Atahan Şen (AML)* – injuries limited his appearances this season but continued to rack up the assists when playing.

Erman Ergin (ST)* – fewer games these days due to stiffer competition for places but still produced a 20+ goal tally.

Emrak Özkan (ST)* - I’m getting a bit worried about this guy’s niggling injuries but he was still our best striker when fit.

The Squad: Ones to watch

Düzgün Erten (GK)* - After a couple of seasons out on loan, I decided to give this young goalie a bit of first team time and he handled himself very well indeed.

Türkay Yüce (ST) – Also finally made it into the first team squad after time away on loan. He was limited to just eleven starts but provided an impressive return of fourteen goals.

*denotes player from the club’s youth system

The Season Ahead…

I’m very happy with the squad and will only enter the transfer market next season if a very good deal comes along. Domestically, I would expect our dominance to continue, even though I plan to give more youngsters a chance as I rest the big names for Europe.

The Story So Far…

[b][u]Season[/u][/b][b]  | [u]Division[/u]    | [u]Position[/u] | [u]Play-Offs[/u] | [u]Turkish Cup[/u] | [u]Europe[/u]       | [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A          | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A          | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A          | Qualified for Europa League
2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR    | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group     | Qualified for Champions League
2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL Quarters  | League Champions!
2022-23 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | Winners     | EL Finalists | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
2023-24 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | 5th Round   | CL Semis     | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
2024-25 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Finalists   | CL Quarters  | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
2025-26 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Quarters    | EL Quarters  | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
2026-27 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Winners     | CL 1st KO    | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
2027-28 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Winners     | CL 1st KO    | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
2028-29 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL Finalists | Super Cup Winners
2029-30 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Winners     | CL Semis     | Super Cup Winners 

brettney - good to see you back and interesting to note that the AI is trying to replicate your journey with Dardenelspor in my save. ;) As you may have noticed, they've done well in the cups recently and are currently my closest challengers for the title half way through the 2030/31 season!

Good to see you still playing DodgeeD, Awesome that Dardanelspor are doing so well in your save. I really should learn how to put badges in your league table looks sweet with the clubs badges showing up :)
I just downloaded a megapack of logos (from sortitoutsi I think) and then got some Turkish kits as well. Quick update - Dardanelspor are one win away from securing a place in the Championship group!

DodgeeD - Things look to be going great for you good luck in the CL next season :)

Cheers - I think my team is good enough to win it. We just need that little bit of luck to go our way.

chris11223 - They're a good squad, but they're starting to want to move to bigger clubs! Don't know how long I'll be able to hold on to Duncan in particular, as his contract expires this year. I'll just have to hope Scotland's rising league reputation (the SPL is now 12th in Europe) is enough to persaude him to stay with me.

I'll just have to hope Scotland's rising league reputation (the SPL is now 12th in Europe) is enough to persaude him to stay with me.

The only thing with the league reputation is if your in a poor league its pretty much your teams performances dragging the whole league along (I think) and is it just me that has always liked the idea of a game with a few people who all manage in a poor league like the welsh league and try and make it one of the worlds best leagues??

Just got that message saying that our training facilities have been downgraded due to 'technological advances'.... Fair enough it usual circumstances but they were only upgraded 6 months ago! That means the board won't consider any further upgrades at present :mad:

The only thing with the league reputation is if your in a poor league its pretty much your teams performances dragging the whole league along (I think) and is it just me that has always liked the idea of a game with a few people who all manage in a poor league like the welsh league and try and make it one of the worlds best leagues??

Not so sure the league is still poor..Celtic beat OM 2-0 in the CL Best Placed Playoff. Just hoping they don't get caned away from home..

Does anyone else find the game starting to get a little silly after a few seasons?

I just beat Rangers 9-3. And yet, I'm more disappointed with the defending than I am pleased with the attacking..

EDIT: And I'll be pushing for Europa League qualification in the CL, as I've drawn AC Milan, Real Madrid and Austria Vienna in the CL...:( So much for the easier draw as a third seed.

Keçiorengücü 2030/31 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 1st

Championship Group: Winners!!

(qualified for next season’s Champions League Group Stage)

Turkish Cup: Winners!!

Super Cup: Winners!!

Champions League: 1st Knockout Round

Premier Division

This was our most dominant league campaign yet as we got through all 34 games undefeated and dropping only 10 points on the way. It was made easier by poor showings from Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray. Both had shocking starts to the season resulting in Fenerbahçe’s manager getting the sack after 10 games and Galatasaray’s leaving at the end of the season. Interesting that Dardanelspor (one of the eligible teams for this challenge!) stepped up to fill the vacuum and take second place.

Final Table

Championship Group

Our undefeated run came to an end in the first match as we lost at Fenerbahçe, which was a bit annoying as we wasted the chance to make a mockery of the play-off system by securing the title after just one match. A win over Beşiktaş in the next game brought the title home and it was then a chance to test out some youngsters. We would lose one more game to Dardenelspor but I didn’t mind too much as that allowed them to leapfrog Fenerbahçe into second thus qualifying them for next season’s Champions League.

Final standings

Super Cup

We played Dardenelspor for the second season in a row and it was another easy victory, 3-0.

Turkish Cup

We had a straightforward path to the final with only Trabzonspor in the semis giving us a tough game. Fenerbahçe awaited in the final but were obviously demoralised by the failure to reach the Champions League as we won in a 5-0 rout.

Results | Final

Champions League

Disappointment is the only word for this year’s campaign. We did well enough in the group stage topping the group ahead of AC Milan (and beating them 5-1 in the process) but were drawn against Sevilla in the first knockout round, the side who beat us in the semis last season. A 1-0 defeat in Spain gave us a chance for the second leg but, try as we might, we couldn’t score and ending up losing 1-0 again as our opponents got a late goal on the break.

Results

The Squad: Transfers

Not much activity this year as the usual group of reserves and youth players who couldn’t make the grade were released or sold. The only purchase was French-Moroccan left back Nabil Saidi, who went straight into the first team and had a good debut season for us.

The Squad: Key Players

Düzgün Erten (GK)* - Claimed the number one jersey as the season progressed with a string of impressive performances.

Fırat Pak (DR)* – a very good season for Fırat as he broke into the national side and developed a Delap-style long throw, thus causing havoc amongst opposition defences..

Kadir Alagöz (DC)* – More of the same from the big guy who has become my first youth player ever to reach 100 international caps.

Tim Penfold (DC) – did very well in his first full season. I hope he will stay with us but he is demanding a new contract in excess of 100k p/w, which we just can’t afford, and a few big Spanish and English sides are ready to swoop.

Atahan Şen (AML)* – Again, an impressive number of assists. Being a bit of a pain about getting a new contract (his agent thinks he should be on 150k p/w!!) but hopefully he’ll lower his demands and sign a new deal.

Claudio Garcia Ramon (MC)* – This guy has now developed into a very effective creative force in the centre of the park, setting up a lot of attacking plays and getting forward for goals as well. After 5 years at the club, he has taken Turkish nationality to help with foreigner limits.

Emrah Özkan (ST)* - Not a great season as he again had time out injured but scored some crucial goals in key games.

Henry Huitema (ST) – made up for the lack of goals from Özkan (and also Ergin and Tavares, both of whom seem to be on the decline) with 28 in all competitions. Suffered from a mini goal drought towards the end of the season but I’m hoping he will be back on form when the new season kicks off.

The Squad: Ones to watch

Kemal Mocan (DC)* - the standout player from last season’s youth intake showed he was up to the task when called upon for the first team. He could well be the next Kadir Alagöz.

Adnan Arslan (MC)* – Spent the first half of the season on loan at our feeder club Sariyer but was recalled in January as cover. Turned in some good perfprmances when called upon so will be used as a rotation player next season.

Boris Brkovic (AMR) - This Bosnian winger has been with us for a few seasons now but finally began to fill his potential. Expect to see more of him next time out.

*denotes player from the club’s youth system

The Season Ahead…

Simple – try to win the Champions League and complete the challenge!

There are a couple of other things I’ll be keeping track of though. We are just behind Portugal in the coefficients and a good season from us (and the other Turkish sides in Europe) could well see Turkey claim a third Champions League spot. Also, all of our sponsorship deals are up for renewal the end of the season. Hopefully, our recent success will mean a big windfall for the club.

The Story So Far…

[b][u]Season[/u][/b][b]  | [u]Division[/u]    | [u]Position[/u] | [u]Play-Offs[/u] | [u]Turkish Cup[/u] | [u]Europe[/u]       | [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A          | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A          | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A          | Qualified for Europa League
2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR    | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group     | Qualified for Champions League
2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL Quarters  | League Champions!
2022-23 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | Winners     | EL Finalists | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
2023-24 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | 5th Round   | CL Semis     | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
2024-25 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Finalists   | CL Quarters  | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
2025-26 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Quarters    | EL Quarters  | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
2026-27 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Winners     | CL 1st KO    | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
2027-28 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Winners     | CL 1st KO    | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
2028-29 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL Finalists | Super Cup Winners
2029-30 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Winners     | CL Semis     | Domestic double; Super Cup Winners 
2030-31 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Winners     | CL 1st KO    | Domestic double; Super Cup Winners 

My team appear to have collapsed as genuine contenders in the Champions League. It looks like I'm going to struggle to clear the group stage again this season. It's not in theory a tough one either with PSG, CSKA Moscow and Sheriff as competition. Away losses in Paris and Moscow has left me with a real challenge.

Edit - Another strong season there DodgeeD. You seem to have hit the same stage aldo has and I did. Domestically dominant, but not quite living up to your potential in Europe. I definitely think your side is good enough to win the big prize, just a matter of getting a bit of luck when it matters.

ES_Viry_Chatillon.jpg

Season Review 2032/33

A fantastic season in which I won every competition I entered, and finally, after years of hurt, won the Champions League, and in truly dramatic fashion.

Ligue 1

Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

11 in a row Ligue 1 titles. Scored goals for fun, pretty routine now.

French Cup

Fixtures

Winners.

Coupe de la Ligue

Fixtures

Winners.

Champions Trophy

Fixtures

Winners.

Champions League

Fixtures.

Didn't lose a goal in group stages, and no-one beat me in the entire campaign. Won it the hard way, drawing Man City & Barcelona in knock-out phases.

Squad

Bold denotes first choice, *Star* denotes home-grown.

GK

Sidy Sidibe - still quite young and already won so much with us. Fantastic keeper.

*Robert Fulton* - not a great calibre of back up, but I honestly haven't found many decent keepers in my save that are worth the money I'd need to pay for them.

Defence

Angel San Martin - Spanish full back, good player.

Bart van der Weg - long serving player, missed CL final through injury.

Damian Linka - been with us for a while, thinking of selling him next year or two, given his age and the quality of CB I've got coming through.

Carlos Fernandes - despite being right footed, this Portugese left back is an automatic pick.

Juan Carlos Padilla - fantastic versatile player.

*Gael Marc* - gets plenty of 1st team action as reserve left back. Not a stunning looking player but dependable.

Francois Lavaud - signed for a couple of million from Young Boys of Berne, he's turning into a top player.

Abdolayhe Tanoh - centre half, smashing player.

Pedro Garcia - rarely lets me down. Got him on a free from Tours during the summer.

Midfield

Michael Pillar - not hard to see why I paid Rapid Wien £13m for this young DM.

Alessandro Germano - quality midfielder.

Daniel Michel - in his 30's now, I've got a lot of quality in that position, may sell him if I can find a buyer.

Guillame Godfrey - breakthrough season for the young winger I picked up from Monaco on a free. Scored in CL final, and looks to have a bright future.

Lawrence Motale - great looking player but struggles with consistency.

Thijs Meijer - same as Motale.

*Alexandre Pruvot* - reliable back up.

Ahmed Al-Jowair - think he'll be a star for me.

*Charles Modeste* - can also play at CB, good player.

Strikers

*Ilan Roger* - Comes to me every few months wanting away, I just choose to passionately remind him why he would want to leave when he can help us achieve more, and it always keeps him at bay. Now I've won CL maybe he'll want to stay put.

Martin Schroder - fell out of form toward end of season, but came off the bench to nick an injury time winner in CL final.

Joseph Bernard - made his France debut, and scored plenty of goals in 1st team when given chance.

*Mahamadou Fomba* - scores when given his chance.

Wellington - good player with a bright future.

Stojan Neskovic - on a high wage and is only a bit part player, may move him on.

Viera - wanting more first team football, needs to improve his consistency.

Club Info

Transfers.

Facilities.

Finances.

So a completion, now leaves me with the question that most of you have faced, what now? I want to win World Club, and I want to max out my youth recruitment and see what I can get through the ranks. I really like this save, don't have any plans for anything drastic. I don't think I'd get the quality of youngsters through to go down the route of PRDH, I've had a few decent players down the years, don't know how I would have fared if I'd not signed anyone in the past few years. Think I'll just see how it goes!

Past Seasons
Season     Division        Pos    French Cup      League Cup         Europe        Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7705369&viewfull=1#post7705369"]2012/13[/url]     National      4th      8th round        N/A                            Survived Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7713320&viewfull=1#post7713320"]2013/14[/url]     National      8th      7th round        N/A                            N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7722456&viewfull=1#post7722456"]2014/15[/url]     National      1st      8th round        N/A                            Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7734045&viewfull=1#post7734045"]2015/16[/url]     Ligue 2       6th      7th round        2nd round                      Consolidated
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7741822&viewfull=1#post7741822"]2016/17[/url]     Ligue 2       2nd      11th round       4th round                      Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7757976&viewfull=1#post7757976"]2017/18[/url]     Ligue 1       10th     Runners Up       4th round                      Survived
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7778883&viewfull=1#post7778883"]2018/19[/url]     Ligue 1       6th      11th Round       2nd round                      Consolidated    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7795399&viewfull=1#post7795399"]2019/20[/url]     Ligue 1       3rd      11th Round       3rd Round                      Qualified for Champ League            
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7831196&viewfull=1#post7831196"]2020/21[/url]     Ligue 1       3rd      11th Round       4th Round         EL QF        Qualified for Champ League                        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7848172&viewfull=1#post7848172"]2021/22[/url]     Ligue 1       4th      11th Round       Semi's       CL Group Stages   Qualified for Europa League
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7869045&viewfull=1#post7869045"]2022/23[/url]     Ligue 1       1st      11th Round       Semi's       EL 2nd KO Round   Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7880932&viewfull=1#post7880932"]2023/24[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       9th Round       Quarters     CL Group Stages   Champions 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7917651&viewfull=1#post7917651"]2024/25[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       9th Round       Quarters     CL Group Stage, & EL Semi's     
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7942158&viewfull=1#post7942158"]2025/26[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       Quarters        Winners      CL QF             Domestic Double
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7956034&viewfull=1#post7956034"]2026/27[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       10th Round      Quarters     1st KO Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7973808&viewfull=1#post7973808"]2027/28[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       10th Round      4th Round    Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=8003757&viewfull=1#post8003757"]2028/29[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       Winners         Winners      Runners-Up        Domestic Treble & CL Runners-up
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=8033287&viewfull=1#post8033287"]2029/30[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       Quarters        4th Round    1st KO Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=8054425&viewfull=1#post8054425"]2030/31[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       Quarters        Winners       Quarters
2031/32     Ligue 1       1st       Winners         Winners      Semi's
2032/33     Ligue 1       1st       Winners         Winners      Winners                  Completion

Season     Ligue 1         French Cup        Coupe de la Ligue                Champions Lg             Europa           World Cup/Euros         
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    PSG             PSG                      OM                         Barcelona               Roma            Euros-Germany
2012/13    Lyon            Toulouse                 Lyon                       Inter                   Liverpool
2013/14    Lyon            PSG                      Toulouse                   Barcelona               Porto            WC-Argentina
2014/15    Lyon            Toulouse                 Lyon                       Man Utd                 Stuttgart
2015/16    PSG             Lorient                  Lyon                       Juventus                Man United       Euros-Germany
2016/17    PSG             Sochaux                  PSG                        Benfica                 Arsenal
2017/18    OM              Lorient                  OM                         PSG                     Arsenal          WC- Belgium
2018/19    OM              OM                       RC Lens                    Man Utd                 Barcelona
2019/20    PSG             St Ettiene               Sedan                      Valencia                Hamburg         Euros-Belgium
2020/21    PSG             Valenciennes             OM                         PSG                     Benfica
2021/22    OM              Lyon                     Lyon                       Arsenal                 Fiorentina       WC-England
2022/23    Viry-Chatillon  Lyon                     OM		               Barcelona	       Leverkusen
2023/24    Viry-Chatillon  FC Rouen                 OM                         Barcelona               Rubin Kazan       Euros - Spain
2024/25    Viry-Chatillon  Bordeux                  FC Rouen                   Real Madrid             Sporting Lisbon
2025/26    Viry-Chatillon  OM                       Viry-Chatillon             Barcelona               Man United        WC - England
2026/27    Viry-Chatillon  OM                       RC Lens                    Man City                Zenit
2027/28    Viry-Chatillon  Sochaux                  PSG                        Barcelona               Juventus         Euros - Italy
2028/29    Viry-Chatillon  Viry-Chatillon           Viry-Chatillon             Real Madrid             Hamburg
2029/30    Viry-Chatillon  OM                       St-Ettiene                 Atletico Madrid         Valencia         WC - Holland
2030/31    Viry-Chatillon  OM                       Viry-Chatillon             Man City                Arsenal
2031/32    Viry-Chatillon  Viry-Chatillon           Viry-Chatillon             Barcelona               Bayern            Euros - Italy
2032/33    Viry-Chatillon  Viry-Chatillon           Viry-Chatillon             Viry-Chatillon          Celtic     

Congrats aldojags!!! And done the hard way too - Inter, barca, Man Cİty, Benfica and Man Utd all taken care of. Maybe there's hope for me to break that glass ceiling yet ;)

PRDH - totally agree. Just a bit of luck needed tı make that final push.

brettney - the wage demands are really starting to annoy me. I have promising youngsters on 4-12k a week who ask for a new deal and then demand 120k!! Even if I negotiate them down, they end up demanding a new deal all over again less than 12 months later... My squad now has the highest annual salary bill in the country and without Champions League revenue, we'd be screwed.

League: Table - Results1 - Results2

We are now unquestionably the best team in Germany as we brought home our first consecutive title. It was all rather too easy, we only lost three, one was after we had been confirmed as champions and fielded a team of youngsters, and the other two were undeserved, I felt so comfertable that I was able to start blooding youngsters from about halfway through the season, 15 year old Mahir Turan managed 6 league starts for example.

Cup: Results

I was determined that we would win this for the first time this season, we had a relatively tough run and only really started a 100% first choice team in the final (though granted I never fielded youth players like I had in previous years) yet we still never looked too threatened at any stage.

Europe: Champions League Group/Results - Europa League Results

We were third seeds in the group stage of the Champions League for the first time yet managed to draw our toughest group so far, as Valencia and Man Utd are two of Europe's best. In the end losing twice in tight circumstances to the Spanish side cost us dearly as we bowed out of the competition early for the first time, I wasn't too frustated however as I felt we had a realistic chance of some silverware in the Europa League, and so it proved. We were very fortunate with the draw as we didn't face a paticularly decent side until the semis, where Juve nearly put us out as we missed a string of chances in the first leg away from home, leaving us eventually clinging on to victory in the second leg in a very nervy last 10 when they pushed hard to score the only away goal of the tie. The final was a suprisingly straightforward affair against a Lyon side that were not nearly as good on the pitch as they looked on paper, after taking an early lead they were very poor as we won 4-1 to take the trophy.

Finances: Balance

The Board have insisted on spending £12.5m on installing under soil heating at the Moselstadion 'to ensure that our fixture schedule is not interrupted by adverse weather conditions' despite the fact that this is yet to be a problem during my entire 10 year tenure at the club, perhaps they feel that the next ice age is imminent. Despite this rather annoying waste of resources a combination of more transfer profit, plenty of prizemoney and a relatively low wage budget mean that our balance remains rather healthy

Transfers: Ins and Outs - Page 1/2

We made yet another healthy profit, netting a cool £23m, whilst continuing to improve the squad. Nilson looks a fantastic bit of business at £5.25m, whilst our biggest sale was a £9m deal for last years £6m flop Ilicevic.

Squad: Overview

Our defence had long been our weakest department yet now I would say it is arguably our strongest, though the midfield is also strong. I'm happy with the squad generally but we have no real cover up top, we were very lucky that Ademi had a completely injury free season as I have been unable to sign an able deputy since I let Andrews go 18 months ago, which means when Ademi is not on form I have little to look to on the bench. Turan looks set to be absolute superstar, but at 15 is at least a couple of years off being a genuine option at this level. Locating a strong striker, who is both cheap and willing to sit on the bench week in week out is proving tough, and investing the amount it would take to buy a seriously talented youngster doesn't seem worth it given the fact that I always play with one striker and Turan's potential in the long term. I may have to look at a loan deal for next season as I did after selling Andrews last January, but paying for a player with absolutely zero resale value contrasts so starkly with my style of management that I'm not sure I can bear to do it.

Profiles:

Ledio Ademi: He became the first player in over 45 years to score more than 30 league goals in a single Bundesliga season, and retained the European Golden Shoe in the process with 45 goals in all competitions. He looks like he is on the fast track to becoming a club legend, Bayern must be rueing the day they let him go.

Conor Morgan: The American international no1 had another solid season playing every league game, he has missed just 2 in the last 6 years.

Ignacio Wisniewski: Was just as effective in his second season as he had been in his first, he has also fully established himself as first choice for Argentina now, after making his debut just after signing from Otelul at the start of last season.

Julian Bruhlmann: He was excellent when he played, but unfortunetly he spent 3 months of the season on the treatment table, I'm convinced if he has a couple of injury free years he has all the attributes needed to become a world class winger.

Marco Hoogendoorn: He is another who's international career seems to have been ignited by coming to club, and its clear why; in his second full season he was very good.

Nilson: Somewhat inexplicably this guy was languishing in Atletico Madrid's B team before we picked him up in January for £5.25m with no other clubs interested, perhaps I'm missing something but to me he looks pure class and a bargain at the price.

Paul Hughes: If there is a better defender in the world right now then he must be pretty bloody special, how I am not having to fend off interest from all the big clubs for this guy I do not know, but he has just signed a new 5 year deal on a measly £31k a week so I'm certainly not complaining.

Paulo Correia:A very talented central midfielder who is perhaps a little wasted in the somewhat limited role he plays in the team, nevertheless he had a strong year.

Homegrown Talent: Our continual investment in our facilities is beggining to pay off, the club now has state of the art youth facilities, exceptional junior coaching, and above average youth recruitment, as a result we look to be producing some real prospects

Konstantin Fried: He played 23 times this season, with 15 starts which is not bad for a 17 year old, he is also already a key player for the German U21s. I have high hopes for a player who is tailor made for our possestion based tactical style and 4231 formation.

Mahir Turan: He is the clubs youngest ever goal scorer at just 15 years old he made 9 appearences scoring 2. The half Turkish striker seems to have the potential to be a world class player, each and everyone of my coaches rates his potential at 4.5 stars, in otherwords a whole star higher than the goal machine Ademi. I am rather excited.

U19s Overview: There are a number of others who could well go on to make serious contributions at the club in the years to come.

Next Season: I don't see us quite as Champions League contenders just yet, though I think we should take all the domestic honours again, but to be honest I am more excited about developing our excellent youth prospects, and maybe getting a few more if we are lucky.

Edit: Congrats on the completion aldojags, it must have been quite a moment when that winner went in.

Yeah DodgeeD I'm chuffed with the completion, Man City and Barca have dominated the CL in my save recently, so when I knocked them out I knew destiny was on my side! Been a while since I checked on the forum regularly, haven't seen your save since Firat Pak was only a nipper, what a bloody player he has turned out! Your 17 yr old centre half Mocan looks absolutely stunning! I hope you can do it soon man, you deserve it.

PRDH - Roger played the game but didn't score. I'm hoping this honour will keep him at the club, he's been wanting away on/off for last few seasons, think this could keep him with me! Thank you for your interest in my posts over the months prdh and to everyone who has gave me feedback and shared my career, never done a challenge before and I've enjoyed the experience of the forum and following all your careers, cheers bruthas!

Has Cardoso retired yet? Last time I was on he was about 33, losing his pace but still ripping it up! What a legend!

And congrats on the Europa, with a homegrown squad that is stunning!

thanks troy and well done on your title, looks like you did it with some to spare. That is a pretty impressive u19 squad you have there, look forward to seeing them develop.

Aldo - Nope, he's still about. Coming up on 35 now, still in the first team. Not scoring at quite the rate he used to, but he's still there on merit. 11 in 18 in all competitions this season. And 477 league appearances and 383 goals.

Alvaro Pinto has retired though (or at least from playing as he's still on the staff) and Rui Lopes will be doing the same at the end of the season.

PRDH - Cardoso still looks an utter beast at nearly 35. His pace is a little low perhaps but otherwise he's still a hell of a player..

Yeah, I think that's what'll do for him eventually. It was the weakest area of his game when he emerged all those years ago, but through training it became decent, if not a strength. He's focussing on it again now to try to slow the decline. He's not scoring many out of nothing now, but his build up play and instinct in and around the box is brilliant still. I'm hoping he'll reach 500 league appearances and 400 goals before he starts becoming a weaker member of the team.

cheers mate, what you up to marty you completed quite a while ago eh? you still playing that save?

doin my pre-season, I thought my rep would have increased from "continental" to "worldwide" after CL win. I'm ranked #1 in Europe, but yet there are teams WAY down the list (chelsea, valencia) who have worldwide reps. I guess I'll need to win world club championships? I have a marketing feeder club in Japan to raise my profile, had them for years, so I dunno what else I can do. I have a few players of Worldwide rep but not many, maybe thats what I need to change. Im desperate to increase youth recruitment to the highest, everything else is maxed out apart from that.

aye it was total relief, was worried i was going to be the nearly guy of the thread, within touching distance then never get the prize. but yeah great feeling of satisfaction on completion! what challenge you been up to? you back to your youth academy one?

cheers mate, what you up to marty you completed quite a while ago eh? you still playing that save?

Having a break before FM13, have been checking in though and was pleased for you that you've completed as I know you had been frustrated of late. Congrats again.

One player to note from this year's youth intake.

Let me introduce Marco, a defensive midfielder born in Angra. The local lad will need to retrain for a place in the side, and I think, with his lack of strength in the air, it'll be to move forward slightly. With Miguel Teixeira in his mid-thirties, and therefore probably on his way out sooner rather than later he will get a chance at football sooner than some of the players a couple of years his elder. His main strengths currently are defensive so he will be concentrating on improving the attacking side of his game to fit into the position I have him earmarked for. Fingers crossed he will progress nicely and we will have a useful squad player on our hands.

No prdh it still won't let me, my rep is still continental I'm guessing it won't increase until my rep is world wide, need to just hope I can win the world club championships and hope that increases my rep.

He looks handy prdh, DM is the one position I keep producing decent players in. Have got Screve Ndongala and Edouard Royer in u19s just now, both of whom are rated 3.5 potential, which will be more than enough to play in my first team, most of first teamers are 3-3.5 star, a lot of them great players. Right back is another position I get a few decent ones in, every season I get a couple of RB's through who've got 2.5-3 star potential.

The most promising star from my youth academy at present is my French/turkish player Kerim Can. Coaches all rate him more of a centre forward, but for me he's got all the hallmarks of a deadly winger. I think this kid could be a star if I handle him right, what do you think?

Do any of you struggle with selling your youngsters? I like to try and hold onto them just because I feel like a parent selling my kids! But I've had a few recently who I've been offerred decent money for, they weren't getting a game, and I sold them. Feel guilty but no room for sentiment in football!

lenzar - not to my knowledge. I'm scottish myself, and have never known any sport other than Rugby and American Football (when the Scottish Claymores were a team) to be played at Murrayfield, so it's a strange one!

Cheers again marty. when is fm13 out? do you all start this thread again on release day? I'm looking forward to joining the challenge earlier this time. You all sticking to this challenge or trying other things?

Aldo - 14! Royer is 14!? Like both the DMs, but Can is definitely a star in the making. And I agree - he's a winger, not a striker. I find it very difficult to sell youngsters, I have had to though, because I need the money occasionally.

Yup, LLR normally gets the new thread up pretty sharpish around release date and there's normally a few people over there fairly quickly. I tend to make sure I have a day off on release day!

We've got the awards to come though!

When do we vote that? If there's any justice you'll sweep the lot mate, been an absolute treat reading your updates. Not only for quality of players, but the updates themselves are well put together and all the stuff about schooled in Azorean way etc makes me laugh every time, good readin mate!

Aye Royer looks good for a 14 yr old eh? Think he could definitely be a first teamer one day. Need to get the youngsters more involved now I've completed.

Great scenes in Madrid where a 35-year-old Cardoso has scored a 35-yarder against Real Madrid to put Lusitania Acores into the Champions' League final. After winning 2-1 at home we were 1-0 down in Madrid, trailing on away goals, when he collected the ball outside the area and slammed it into the top corner. Majestic. Also, a huge chance for the old man, he wasn't in the team (suspended) when we won our one and only Champions' League.

Edit - No! No, no, no, no, no! It's just crashed. Quit out of nowhere in the game before the final. I don't think it saved between the Real game and this point. Gutted.

Edit 2 - Well, not quite as romantic this time. Rodrigues scored in the 16th minute and we held out to claim a 0-1 victory and a 3-1 aggregate win. Still, final again. Now - SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!

7000008.png

Right, here we go. Welcome to the Graz Community Stadium in Graz, Austria for the Champions' League final between Lusitânia Açores and Arsenal.

Kick off - First things first, this is an all academy produced squad.

3 mins - First chance of the match falls to Arsenal as a shot from outside the area flies over the bar.

15 mins - Some sustained Arsenal pressure ends with a tame shot that loops past the post.

18 mins - Another chance for Arsenal goes awry as a shot from distance is easily gathered by Dias in goal.

24 mins - Yet another chance from distance, this time it flies over the bar.

28 mins - Another Arsenal long shot ends up in Dias' arms.

29 mins - From the counter, Pereira is bundled over on the left hand touchline. Bossman takes the free kick and Rodrigues gets free at the far post to slide the ball home. 1-0!

31 mins - Arsenal go straight up the other end, get into the penalty box, but the ensuing shot goes well wide.

39 mins - The defence does well to hustle the attacker off the ball, it's played out to Cardoso who plays a lovely ball behind the Arsenal backline to release Marques. He's one on one with the keeper, but he misses the target when he really should've scored.

41 mins - Free kick to Arsenal. The header is put harmlessly high and wide.

45 mins - Great save from Dias keeps us ahead. Corner.

45+1 mins - The ball is played into the box. There's a tussle and the referee blows his whistle. Free-kick to Lusitânia Açores.

Half time - Somewhat against the run of play we've gone into the break 1-0 up.

59 mins - Marques' free kick hits the wall and goes behind for a corner. Rodrigues' ball in comes to nothing.

63 mins - Cardoso lets fly with a curling shot from outside the box. It's well-saved by the Arsenal keeper.

64 mins - Arsenal's counter leads to two quick chances and a corner, which comes to nothing. They then win a free kick on the edge of the area, it's played short, but the shot goes wide.

69 mins - Another Arsenal shot flies past the post.

73 mins - And another.

78 mins - Another shot from distance, this time it deflects off one of our players and goes behind for a corner. They fail to fashion a chance from it.

81 mins - We go up the other end and the same thing happens to us.

89 mins - Reis gives away a free-kick on our left. He gets a yellow card.

90 mins - Luis Miguel clears the resulting cross behind for a corner. 3 minutes of time added on. The corner is cleared by Teixeira.

90+4 mins - Peep, peep, peeeeep - That's the final whistle. Lusitânia Açores have won the Champions' League with an all home-grown team.

GET IN! I'm ecstatic. Feels like completion all over again. I'll whack some screenies up in a second.

Something of a smash and grab win as the match information page shows, but I'm, definitely going to take it. Sergio Rodrigues is MOTM for his match-winning goal in a game characterised by Arsenal's wastefulness in front of goal.

Archived