FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

andy sava- well done on the league title, I knew you'd catch Bayern at some point! Cano is stunning, and I agree with silkeape if you can melchiorre one on one with a full back and he knocks it past them, there's not a player in world football that will catch him! Now you've got experience of what it takes to win the league, you'll feel more confident. Only thing you have to consider is do you have a squad of essentially 2 good players for each position, as the Champ League is very demanding on a squad.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ES_Viry_Chatillon.jpg

Season Review 2026/27

Ligue 1

Finished 1st | Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Won the league quite easily to make it 5 in a row, amassing 95 points and scoring 100 goals (helped by 10-0 and 8-0 wins), best defence in league too. Marseille, as in previous years, mounted a late fightback but I was far too many points ahead for them to catch us.

Champions League

Fixtures

Got Man City in the 1st knockout round, played well in both games but lost 3-2 on aggregate. For the 2nd season in a row, we were knocked out by the eventual winners.

Coupe de la Ligue French Cup Champions Trophy

Fixtures Fixtures Fixtures

Following last years success in the Coupe de la Ligue, I reverted to my normal style of being awful in the domestic cups. Won the season opening Champions Trophy away to Marseille on pens.

General Club Info

Facilities - got the best money can buy. Averaged 17k fans at home, again continuing to rise, my attendance has max of 20k, so if this keeps up I may ask for a new stadium. Mainly as I'm a club legend, it may get named after me!

Finances - sold a lot of players this year, and actually cut my wage bill for the first year in a while! So looking very healthy.

Transfers - Damian Linka and Magro were great bargains. Made some good money on Gutierrez to Bayern for £7m, he was 31 and not getting a game.

Squad

Bold = First choice

*Star* = Youth academy player

Haven't screenshot every played, too late and I'm too tired, so just profiling the main guys plus few youngsters.

GK

Pavol Skrobak - excellent season from Pavol, so many clean sheets. Can't see him being replaced anytime soon.

Daniel Meira - brought this guy as reserve. Barely played for all season, yet earned his first French Caps. He's solid back-up.

Defence

Viv Cable - Good season but get's booked nearly every game.

Damian Linka - £3.1m recruit in the summer from Belgian football, bargain, top player. 2 footed, class act.

Karl Thorpe - Initially wasn't in my plans for the first team, as I sought to get Van der Weg and Rabie more football, but he played well and got a few goals, and ended up forcing me to keep him in the team. Solid player and been a great servant to us.

Magro - Like Thorpe, didn't start first choice in his position following his £1,2m arrival from Brazilian football, but he forced his way into team and stayed there.

*Recep Alici* - good season from the young right back when called upon.

*Jimmy Donaldson* - finally decided he wanted to play for his native Scotland this season, earning two caps. Decent squad player due to his versatility.

Mahmoud Rabie - got high hopes for him.

Bert van der Weg - will be a top defender when he peaks.

Raul Gil - Spanish international is a decent player.

Cedric Hue - competed with Magro for left back.

Midfield

John Larrson - unspectacular player in the holding role, does what is needed of him.

Pituca - class act, won player of the year for Ligue 1.

Ali Jelassi - love this guy.

Daniel Michel - really stepped out of Oneil Tatlot's shadow this year to become our best AM, really good player.

Oneil Tatlot - injuries have ruined him, he's nowhere near as effective as he was 2 years ago. Amazingly, I am considering selling him, which if you'd told me a few years back I'd sell Oneil Tatlot I'd laugh you out the building. But he's not producing the goods and he's approaching 30. I love the guy to death though, he's one of the main reasons we are an established title winning team, and definitely the best player I've had yet in this challenge.

*Alexandre Pruvot* - young midfielder is improving all the time.

*Charles Modeste* - hoping he'll take over from John Larsson in the holding role.

Pablo Roig - does well when needed.

Strikers

*Ilan Roger* - good comeback season, scoring over 20 goals. Stalled a bit last year, but he's came back well, so much so that Man United are sniffing about, but the £100m asking price has held them off so far...

Tony Champion - another top season, class act.

Bartlomiej Onyskzo - 2nd year with us, I paid about £3m for him, and he's not really impressed. EVeryone of my coaches rate him as the best striker at the club, Chelsea have a major interest in him, if the right bid came in I'd sell him though.

Dude - got the Brazilian on a free in Jan. Definitely more to come, didn't do much this season.

Past Seasons
Season     Division        Pos    French Cup      League Cup         Europe        Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7705369&viewfull=1#post7705369"]2012/13[/url]     National      4th      8th round        N/A                            Survived Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7713320&viewfull=1#post7713320"]2013/14[/url]     National      8th      7th round        N/A                            N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7722456&viewfull=1#post7722456"]2014/15[/url]     National      1st      8th round        N/A                            Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7734045&viewfull=1#post7734045"]2015/16[/url]     Ligue 2       6th      7th round        2nd round                      Consolidated
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7741822&viewfull=1#post7741822"]2016/17[/url]     Ligue 2       2nd      11th round       4th round                      Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7757976&viewfull=1#post7757976"]2017/18[/url]     Ligue 1       10th     Runners Up       4th round                      Survived
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7778883&viewfull=1#post7778883"]2018/19[/url]     Ligue 1       6th      11th Round       2nd round                      Consolidated    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7795399&viewfull=1#post7795399"]2019/20[/url]     Ligue 1       3rd      11th Round       3rd Round                      Qualified for Champ League            
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7831196&viewfull=1#post7831196"]2020/21[/url]     Ligue 1       3rd      11th Round       4th Round         EL QF        Qualified for Champ League                        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7848172&viewfull=1#post7848172"]2021/22[/url]     Ligue 1       4th      11th Round       Semi's       CL Group Stages   Qualified for Europa League
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7869045&viewfull=1#post7869045"]2022/23[/url]     Ligue 1       1st      11th Round       Semi's       EL 2nd KO Round   Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7880932&viewfull=1#post7880932"]2023/24[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       9th Round       Quarters     CL Group Stages   Champions 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7917651&viewfull=1#post7917651"]2024/25[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       9th Round       Quarters     CL Group Stage, & EL Semi's     
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7942158&viewfull=1#post7942158"]2025/26[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       Quarters        Winners      CL QF             Domestic Double
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7956034&viewfull=1#post7956034"]2026/27[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       10th Round      Quarters     1st KO Round   

Season     Ligue 1         French Cup        Coupe de la Ligue                Champions Lg             Europa           World Cup/Euros         
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    PSG             PSG                      OM                         Barcelona               Roma            Euros-Germany
2012/13    Lyon            Toulouse                 Lyon                       Inter                   Liverpool
2013/14    Lyon            PSG                      Toulouse                   Barcelona               Porto            WC-Argentina
2014/15    Lyon            Toulouse                 Lyon                       Man Utd                 Stuttgart
2015/16    PSG             Lorient                  Lyon                       Juventus                Man United       Euros-Germany
2016/17    PSG             Sochaux                  PSG                        Benfica                 Arsenal
2017/18    OM              Lorient                  OM                         PSG                     Arsenal          WC- Belgium
2018/19    OM              OM                       RC Lens                    Man Utd                 Barcelona
2019/20    PSG             St Ettiene               Sedan                      Valencia                Hamburg         Euros-Belgium
2020/21    PSG             Valenciennes             OM                         PSG                     Benfica
2021/22    OM              Lyon                     Lyon                       Arsenal                 Fiorentina       WC-England
2022/23    Viry-Chatillon  Lyon                     OM		               Barcelona	       Leverkusen
2023/24    Viry-Chatillon  FC Rouen                 OM                         Barcelona               Rubin Kazan       Euros - Spain
2024/25    Viry-Chatillon  Bordeux                  FC Rouen                   Real Madrid             Sporting Lisbon
2025/26    Viry-Chatillon  OM                       Viry-Chatillon             Barcelona               Man United        WC - England
2026/27    Viry-Chatillon  OM                       RC Lens                    Man City                Zenit

LaVitrennelogo.png

Aventure française de Berty Bassett

La Vitréenne FC - 2026/27 (French Ligue 1)

Results1

Results2

Results3

Results4

League - Graph

Champions trophy winners

European super cup winners

CL group stage

CL quarter final

Squad - Team report -

Best XI - Best XI overall

Key players

GK - Lincoln

DC - Daniele Reali

DC - Roberto

DR - Bjorn Stemmer

DL - Andreas Panagiotou

DM - Wassim Amrani

MC - Miguel Angel Rodas

AMR - Riccardo De Luca

AML - Christopher Ryan

ST - Patrick David

ST - Jacaré

Hans-Donald Bakayoko

Finances

Season  |  League   | Position |    Cup     |Coupe de la Ligue|      Europe       | Achievements            |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 | National  |   10th   | 7th Round  |                 |                   | Overachievers           |
2013/14 | National  |   6th    | 6th Round  |                 |                   |                         |
2014/15 | National  |   6th    | 7th Round  |                 |                   |                         |
2015/16 | National  |   3rd    | 8th Round  |                 |                   | Promotion               |
2016/17 | Ligue 2   |   14th   | 10th round |   1st round     |                   | Survived                |
2017/18 | Ligue 2   |   7th    | 11th round |   3rd round     |                   | Overachievers           |
2018/19 | Ligue 2   |   9th    | 7th round  |   1st round     |                   |                         |
2019/20 | Ligue 2   |   2nd    | 11th round |   3rd round     |                   | Promotion               |
2020/21 | Ligue 1   |   9th    | Semi-Final |   Semi-Final    |                   |                         |
2021/22 | Ligue 1   |   5th    | 10th round |   4th round     |                   |                         |
2022-23 | Ligue 1   |   2nd    | 10th round |   Quarters      |                   | Qualified for CL groups |
2023-24 | Ligue 1   |   3rd    | 11th round |   Winners       | CL Quarter-finals |                         |
2024-25 | Ligue 1   |   4th    | Semis      |   Semis         | CL Semi-finals    |                         |
2025-26 | Ligue 1   |   2nd    | 10th round |   4th round     | Euro Cup winners  | First continental win   |
2026-27 | Ligue 1   |   3rd    | Quarters   |   4th round     | CL Quarter-finals | Euro super cup winners  |

Doing really well berty1978, not far to go now!!!

Don't bet on it. ;) I'm struggling to find form in the CL knockout stages, very frustrating. Also damn Monaco are still a very hard side to beat in the League. Unfortunately our 'new' stadium built in 2015 has a capacity of 19,106 but that is the limit, will have to wait until 2035 to build a new one, hopefully named after me but won't be upset if it's named after Patrick David.

Andy Sava Congratulations on the Bundesliga win. Makes up for the disappointment of missing the Champions League last year. A new stadium coming as well so looking good.

Aldojags Well done on yet another Ligue 1 win. 5 in a row is excellent. After winning it last year I am 10 points behind Lyon with 10 to play so know how well you are doing. Good to see Roger is back to form and I notice you have few youth products coming through.

Berty1978 Strange to see Monaco doing so well as in most games they seem to be poor, and in mine they are a yo-yo side between Ligue 1 and Ligue 2. You must be due a title soon though.

aldojags - I don't think i have every role covered completely and i am expecting to strugle in my first CL season. Because i asked for a new stadium i only have 4M Euros for transfers so i don't think much will happen this season in this area. I am regularly scouting the top nations youth squads for new talent so i am hoping i'll find something there and i am praying to the FM Gods for my scouts to find something good. Grats on another league win!!!

Berty - Solid season. You have some really good players there.

150px-AS_Cannes_New_Logo.jpg

AS CANNES - SEASON 2020/21

LIGUE 1

A decent first half of the season was eventually ruined by injuries and poor form. We just could not keep up with Lyon and they won the title by a comfortable 10 point margin. Marseille failing to win at home on the final day allowed us to leapfrog them into 2nd and restore a bit of pride.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

We were drawn with Real Madrid, Schalke and CFR Cluj in the group stages and an opening day defeat at home to Schalke did not fill me with confidence . A draw away to Madrid gave us some hope and then a remarkable 6-2 in the reverse tie put us in pole position. We secured qualification with a home win against Cluj on the final day, knocking Real Madrid out in the process.

Our reward was a tie with Barcelona in the first knockout round. A superb home leg saw us take a 3-1 lead but unfortunately we lost 3-0 away and lose 4-3 on aggregate.

FRENCH CUP

Our record in this cup is very poor and that continued with a frustrating 0-1 defeat to Lille.

COUPE DE LA LIGUE

We failed to retain our trophy after crashing out in the semi-final with a 0-2 defeat versus PSG.

TRANSFERS

Drazen Sucevic - Solid wide man can play either side of midfield.

Emmanuel Tapoko - Absolute bargain at £375k.

Richard Basit - A good first season for the young LB from Southampton.

Petrit Shala - Suffered from a four month lay off after a slow start. Has taken a bit of a hit to his attributes and has a big question mark against him now.

Sebastián Milla - One for the future and just a back up for now.

SQUAD

There were very few shining lights in the squad and only Axel Jansen deserves a mention as he was head and shoulders above the rest.

UNDER 19'S

This years youth intake was not the best but a couple are worth keeping an eye on.

Mamadou N'Diaye

Telmo

Gilles Delmas

FINANCES

The one plus this year is that we are still doing very well financially and have money to improve the squad in the summer.

Good season there Marty, you've won the league already so as long as you stay amongst top 3-4 to qualify for Champ League I'm sure your board will be happy.

Great season from Jansen there. Takopo was a bargain indeed, and your young centre back N'Diaye looks like he'll be a top defender, already prob could play at lower Ligue 2 level at 14!! He'll be a star I'm sure of it.

Good season! Pity about Lyon the ********. And that CL loss is sickening. I remember on FM10 I went out on away goals to Man Utd in the CL with Darmstadt. Was hard to take. Good luck with the next one :thup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

minisav - 2012/13 - Wuppertaler SV Borussia (Wuppertal) - German 3rd Division

Well, we won the league! Was pretty smooth in the end bar a little blip near the end but the lead was a big one and we won it with a few games spare. Started slow, especially with that 3-0 loss but after that I think we went 6 games without conceding. Then went on all sorts of winning/unbeaten runs to hop into first. Massive match was the home match against Munster which we won to go joint top with Munster.

You may recognise one of my strikers, Roman Prokoph. I bought him for 85k when I was Leipzig in my first challenge attempt and he was a back up. In this save he was free and my main man and earned himself all sorts of bonuses including 55k for reaching 15 goals. Should have stipulated more goals!

Apparently the finances aren't the greatest according to one news item, but I reckon with the money boost of promotion we should be fine. Just looking forward to playing in the cup. That's always fun, can get good runs there for financial boosts.

Oh and my parent club, Mainz, who I didn't know I had, were kind enough to send a very competent full back in January so that was a nice boost. Especially as it meant Andersson could be pushed further up the park and utilise his talent for going forward. Although he mainly came on as a sub as Wemmer and Peter were superb on either wing.

If anybody wants more Screenshots, let me know :thup:

League

Table - Graph - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Team

Squad - Transfers - Information - Roman Prokoph

Congratulations everyone. I'll probably forget something because I've had a big chunk of stuff to catch up on, but special mention to Andy Sava for the first Bundesliga win, hopefully it signals the start of some domestic dominance. Aldo for another Ligue 1 win, Roger has bucked up his ideas again which is great news, at 21 he should have another 5 years of improvement before he reaches the peak of his powers. He could be a truly terrifying player!

marty - Great win against Real, very unlucky to then come up against Barcelona in the next round, but to be so close to knocking them out too is an amazing marker to lay down for next season.

I've taken a bit of a break recently but am firing the game up now after finishing my work for the day, I've got a big chunk I need to replay after my computer decided it would turn off a few days ago when I was about two days from the monthly autosave. Incredibly frustrating. Fortunately I've now forgotten the results so won't be obsessing about recreating them.

Edit - very solid promotion season there minisav, ready for the next tier? Are you expecting to challenge again or just consolidation?

I'm thinking consolidation tbh. But, I am letting a lot of players go so hopefully I get a good budget to make use of. The shame part about this season was that I had 28k of a transfer budget, but they wouldn't let me transfer it to extra wages. My scout has picked out a few potential signings already but I'll wait for the reset date before looking to make sure I am 2nd division in the eyes of the players!

LaVitrennelogo.png

La Vitréenne FC - 2027/28 (French Ligue 1)

Results1

Results2

Results3

League - Graph

CL group stage

We went out to Juventus in the first knockout round, not to say I'm unlucky or anything. ;)

Squad - Team report -

Best XI - Best XI overall

Key players

GK - Lincoln - Looking like a bargain buy now, paid £975k for Lincoln in January 2025 and took over from Butland.

DC - Daniele Reali - World class, our only player my coaches give 4.5 stars.

DC - Roberto - Been at the club for 8 seasons now, and solid as ever.

DR - Bjorn Stemmer - Took a bit of a gamble paying £11m for Stemmer 3 seasons ago but he's been excellent.

DL - Carlos Silva - Bought in as a 14 year old from Vitoria Setubal for the measly sum of £300k. Already considered as part of the first team.

DM - Wassim Amrani - Amrani was sitting in Marseille reserves when I picked him up on a free, gives me satisfaction how well he is doing now.

MC - Sam Vardy - Signed for £5m from the obscurity of English championship side Sheffield United, I see him as a Joey Barton style player as he's been sent off a couple of times already, hopefully he'll lose some of that aggression.

AMR - Riccardo De Luca - De Luca was a freebie from Roma as a 17 year old, another who has made amazing progression at the club.

AML - Miguel Angel Rodas - Used more as a winger this season ahead of Ryan, did well. Has progressed well since I signed him at 16 (being Argentinian he didn't move until he was 18).

ST - Patrick David - Club legend David, now coming into his ninth season at the club, not much more to say.

ST - Jacaré - Made a bit of a slow start to hos career at the club after signing for £1.6m but has found his feet in the last couple of seasons and has a few Brazil caps too.

ST - James Russell - Another player plucked from the championship, signed from Reading for £1.4m! I was surprised when the scout report came up because they gave him a current ability of 4 stars, must have been a beast in the championship.

Finances

Probably got my record fee for an Ass Man as Francois Modesto moved to Lyon for £525k.

Christopher Samba wasn't in the Monaco job for long, 7th is a travesty for the current Monaco side, I didn't get offered the job.

I bet Henning Grob is popular in Germany for switching allegiance.

Season  |  League   | Position |    Cup     |Coupe de la Ligue|      Europe       | Achievements            |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 | National  |   10th   | 7th Round  |                 |                   | Overachievers           |
2013/14 | National  |   6th    | 6th Round  |                 |                   |                         |
2014/15 | National  |   6th    | 7th Round  |                 |                   |                         |
2015/16 | National  |   3rd    | 8th Round  |                 |                   | Promotion               |
2016/17 | Ligue 2   |   14th   | 10th round |   1st round     |                   | Survived                |
2017/18 | Ligue 2   |   7th    | 11th round |   3rd round     |                   | Overachievers           |
2018/19 | Ligue 2   |   9th    | 7th round  |   1st round     |                   |                         |
2019/20 | Ligue 2   |   2nd    | 11th round |   3rd round     |                   | Promotion               |
2020/21 | Ligue 1   |   9th    | Semi-Final |   Semi-Final    |                   |                         |
2021/22 | Ligue 1   |   5th    | 10th round |   4th round     |                   |                         |
2022-23 | Ligue 1   |   2nd    | 10th round |   Quarters      |                   | Qualified for CL groups |
2023-24 | Ligue 1   |   3rd    | 11th round |   Winners       | CL Quarter-finals |                         |
2024-25 | Ligue 1   |   4th    | Semis      |   Semis         | CL Semi-finals    |                         |
2025-26 | Ligue 1   |   2nd    | 10th round |   4th round     | Euro Cup winners  | First continental win   |
2026-27 | Ligue 1   |   3rd    | Quarters   |   4th round     | CL Quarter-finals | Euro super cup winners  |
2027-28 | Ligue 1   |   1st    | 10th round |   Quarters      | CL 1st Knckout    | First league title      |

Thanks, I'm still a season behind but will get that up later, not giving anything away by saying I'm still struggling in the knockout stage of the CL.

Well done minisav for getting promotion in your first season.

Unlucky going out of the CL like that marty78, nice to see Monaco struggle there though. :D

Another excellent season aldojags, hopefully make the breakthrough in the CL soon.

Dr Poods, amazing progress, finishing 9th in Ligue 1 as soon as 2016 puts me to shame.

Well done Andy Sava for the Bundesliga win, good luck in the Champions league.

A mixture of good news and bad news. The bad news is that I've lost Prokoph & Knappmann plus the promising Brinkies. On the upside I got 3 million for them! On the downside the club refuse to give me any more wage budget so I'm stuck with 230k to spend on a player but no wages to pay him. Annoying really. Going to have a very thin squad so praying for no injuries next season!

hahahaha got to admire his "at all costs" mentality!

I always have found it a strange feature, that bit when they say "player x injured player y in a challenge at training", what is the purpose of that? Are we supposed to take from it that they don't like each other?

KielLogo.png

Holstein Kiel - 2023/2024

Manager Profile

League Finish - 2nd

Media Prediction - 2nd

Average Attendance - 14875

Fans Player of the Year - Francesco Melchiorre

Transfers

Florent Sarda - <35(5) apps, 8 goals, 9 assists, 4 MoM, 7.221 Av R> - Got him for free in the summer and it was a good thing i did because Luis Lucero was injured alot this season and Sarda turned out to be an important first team player for us.

Philippe Le Goff - <1 app, 2 conceded, 6.90 Av R> - Backup goalkeeper signed on a free transfer.

Claudio Ceballos - <1(17) apps, 1 assist, 6.83 Av R> - Decent prospect for the future but i kind of regret spending money on him.

Nuri Sahin - <7(4) apps, 6.63 Av R> - The turkish veteran that played for R. Madrid was signed to help the young players at the club and got to play a few games during the season.

Bundesliga

League Table

Graph

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

It has been another good season and we could have won the title if we didn't drop points in easy games. Overall it was great and we didn't drop below 3rd spot during the entire season. I am glad that we established ourselves as a top team in Germany, now we just have to conquer Europe. Bayern was again in shape and even if we beat them in 4-2 at Allianz-Arena they didn't lose easy points like us.

German Cup

Fixtures

A better campaign in the German Cup as we reached the semi-finals where we play Dortmund at home. It was a terrible game that we lost but still better than just 2nd round.

Champions League

Group Stage

Man City and Valencia were tougher than i expected and even we had chances to qualify until the very end we failed and went into EURO Cup. It's been a testing rung for us to see how we play at this level and i am hoping for improvement next season.

EURO Cup

The 1st Knockout Round gave us Ajax with the first game at home where it finished 2-2. Away i went all in but lost 1-3 and thus ends another disappointing European campaign.

The Squad

First Eleven

GK - Madson - <46 apps, 49 conceded, 18 Shutouts, 1 MoM, 7.01 Av R>

DR - Francesco Melchiorre - <37 apps, 2 goals, 15 assists, 4 MoM, 7.35 Av R> - Team of the Year player.

DC - Hugo Cano - <38(2) apps, 10 goals, 2 assists, 6 MoM, 7.40 Av R> - Team of the Year Player.

DC - Paulo Ferreira - <47 apps, 2 goals, 2 assists, 7.08 Av R>

DL - Alessio Natale - <44 aps, 1 goal, 6 assists, 2 MoM, 7.24 Av R> - Team of the Year Player.

DM - Carlos Cacéres - <39(6) apps, 4 goals, 5 assists, 7.07 Av R>

MC - Jelle Maes - <24(12) apps, 2 goals, 3 assists, 6.86 Av R>

MC - Joel - <41 apps, 3 goals, 4 assists, 1 MoM, 6.92 Av R>

AMR - Silva - <33(9) apps, 15 goals, 14 assists, 4 MoM, 7.24 Av R> - Team of the Year Player.

AML - Florent Sarda - <35(5) apps, 8 goals, 9 assists, 4 MoM, 7.22 Av R>

ST - Santos - <35(1) apps, 21 goals, 9 assists, 6 MoM, 7.34 Av R>

Others

Neal Evans - <19(7) apps, 19 goals, 6 assists, 4 MoM, 7.57 Av R>

Jaguaré - <13(16) apps, 1 assists, 6.94 Av R>

David Freitas - <18(1) apps, 2 goals, 3 assists, 6.95 Av R>

Luis Barros - <18(2) apps, 3 goals, 1 assist, 6.67 Av R>

Conclusions and plans for the future

We managed to establish ourselves as a force in Germany and i am pleased with this. The new stadium will be finished in one year at a cost of 36M Euros.

the plan for next season is to get out of the Champions League groups and give Bayern a run for their money in the league.

Kiel History

[b]Season             League                         Position                     Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7853130&viewfull=1#post7853130"]2012/2013[/url]          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7877117&viewfull=1#post7877117"]2013/2014[/url]          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7887550&viewfull=1#post7887550"]2014/2015[/url]          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7915217&viewfull=1#post7915217"]2015/2016[/url]          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7916502&viewfull=1#post7916502"]2016/2017[/url]          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7923190&viewfull=1#post7923190"]2017/2018[/url]          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7932142&viewfull=1#post7932142"]2018/2019[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2019/2020[/url]          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2020/2021[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7951591&viewfull=1#post7951591"]2021/2022[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7955671&viewfull=1#post7955671"]2022/2023[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7960111&viewfull=1#post7960111"]2023/2024[/url]          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round, German Cup Semi-Finals

Competition Winners

[b]Season          Bundesliga          German Cup          Champions League          EURO Cup                Euro Champ          World Cup[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013       FC Bayern           Stuttgart           R. Madrid                 Man City            
2013/2014       Schalke             Leverkusen          R. Madrid                 Olympique Lyonnais                          Scotland
2014/2015       FC Bayern           Koln                Benfica                   Liverpool
2015/2016       FC Bayern           Leverkusen          Man Utd                   Roma                    Belgium
2016/2017       Leverkusen          FC Bayern           Barcelona                 Sporting
2017/2018       FC Bayern           Hoffenheim          Liverpool                 OM                                          Belgium
2018/2019       FC Bayern           Kiel                FC Bayern                 Man City
2019/2020       FC Bayern           Koln                Man Utd                   Juventus                Germany
2020/2021       FC Bayern           FC Bayern           At. Marid                 Valencia
2021/2022       FC Bayern           Mainz               Barcelona                 Sevilla                                     Croatia
2022/2023       Kiel                Mainz               Barcelona                 At. Bilbao
2023/2024       FC Bayern           Dortmund            Barcelona                 Roma                    Belgium

LaVitrennelogo.png

La Vitréenne FC - 2028/29 (French Ligue 1)

Results1

Results2

Cup results

League - Graph

Very disappointing season overall only highlighted by a French cup win, we were well out of the title race, not helped by 2 defeats in our first 2 games, we were always playing catchup. I guess we did well to come so close but Monaco were strong. As it happens we were level on points going into the final match, we were at Bordeaux (who we lost 2-0 at home to in our opening match, although we had been better since) and Monaco were at PSG (a tough match) so was quietly confident. Keeping an eye on the scores Monaco were winning 2-1 while we were at 1-1 so I went all out attack in the hope we can sneak a winner as PSG can find an equaliser. It was even more annoying as we conceeded a last minute penalty only to find PSG had ended up winning 3-2 as a draw would have been enough for us. Final match

Yet again we sailed through our Champions League group and after a 6-1 aggregate win over Juventus I was quietly confident but came against a very resiliant Bayern side in the quarters. We should have beaten them at home but only managed a 0-0 draw, and narrowly lost 1-0 away much to my disappointment.

Squad - Team report - Best XI - Best XI overall

Key players

GK - Lincoln - One of the best keepers I've ever had on FM, which isn't saying much but Lincoln got Ligue 1 best 'keeper.

DC - Daniele Reali - Another excellent season for Reali.

DC - Roberto - Not outstanding but solid and could become our first player to reach 500 appearances.

DL - Carlos Silva - Now 16, played in about half the games this season as he continues to improve.

DM - Wassim Amrani - Another excellent season as Amrani continues to flourish, has wanted to move to a bigger club.

MC - Charles-Emmanuel Cadiou - A lot of money spent for a 16 year old, but hopefully he'll be worth it.

ST - Patrick David - My first £30m player on FM12, not bad since I signed him for £1m.

ST - Jacare - Looking really good and has EU citizenship too.

Finances

2027-28 | Ligue 1   |   1st    | 10th round |   Quarters      | CL 1st Knckout    | First league title      |
2028-29 | Ligue 1   |   2nd    | Winners    |   4th round     | CL Quarters       | Cup winners             |

Playing a risky game right now. Pushing myself further over my wage budget by signing youngsters that I hope to sell at the end of the season as it's going to be the only way to make money for now. Although 1 I've signed is actually already better than my first choice at 19 so might try and hold on to him!

Right, a decision about my future employment has been made. I ran thru the following season a few times to see who came up and there were a few interesting candidates, including a couple without managers. I then accidently overwrote the game where I had Calais as an option so that was out :o. Oops, although I had already decided that I would not take them.

I chose one of the 2 teams without managers and then waited for the new season to load up so I could apply for the job. However, by that time, they had already employed someone. OK, no problem, I added and then retired a manager and applied for the job myself. They then decide to turn down my application and employ someone else! :mad: FFS, I did not do that bad a job at Lyon! So I have had to go back to the reload date of the new season and create a new manager to manage them. Which was not really what I wanted to do and was actually one of the reasons I was not going to manage Calais. Not ideal but it does not have much impact.

So, instead of the sensible option of Calais with their national reputation, large all-seater stadium, professional status and being situated in a large town, I have gone to the other end of the spectrum...

Jura-Sud Football – local reputation, medium sized stadium (which they aren’t even playing in at the moment), semi-professional, from a village of 2,000 basically in the middle of nowhere.

They are from the village of Lavans-lès-Saint-Claude which is in the middle of the Jura mountain range in eastern France, not far from the Swiss border. I don’t know the altitude of the actual stadium but the village itself has an average altitude of 540m. The nearest place of any size is Geneva which is over 60km (and a few large hills) away. They play at the Stade Municipal but as it is under renovation we will play most of this season in Lons-le-Saunier 50km away. That should get the crowds coming! :rolleyes:

They started the game in the CFA, got relegated straight away, came up last Summer and have just got their 2nd straight promotion (albeit by finishing only 6th, the 1st 5 were reserve teams).

So, here is Jacques Christophe part 2, part 1 has been put out to pasture. And here is the squad I start with. It does not look very good to be honest, but a load of players are going to be out of contract in a couple of weeks so I should be able to improve it.

A few surprises as I, rather unexpectedly, have a useful looking Brazilian assistant manager, quite how he ended up here, I don’t know. Plus I have a £60k transfer budget, never had money to spend before.

Clear aim for this season is to avoid relegation.

ps. look at who got relegated from the National last season :lol:. And not even unluckily, they finished 2nd last! That serves the board right! I might easily have failed again to get them promoted but it is safe to say that I certainly would not have relegated them. I hope they stay in the CFA for a while [/notatallbitter].

pps. both Strasbourg (start in CFA2) and Cannes (start in CFA) won promotion to Ligue 1 last season, whilst Grenoble (start in CFA2) weren’t miles away. Yes, they are all big sides who got relegated for financial reasons but that is pretty impressive going in 6 seasons, gives me a bit of hope as well.

Same with my game GW, Cannes flew up the leagues in no time, currently Ligue 2, but yo-yo between 2 & 1. Likewise GF38, who have been in Ligue 1 a few seasons, just got relegated last year. More notably in my game are the teams who started in Ligue 1, and have plummeted to National or even the CF leagues.

LaVitrennelogo.png

La Vitréenne FC - 2029/30 (French Ligue 1)

League results 1

League results 2

Cup results 1

Cup results 2

League - Graph

Reserve squad - CFA Table

Youth squad - Youth league table

We started the season well as we beat Monaco again to win the Champions trophy with 2 goals from new striker Rodrigues. The league started better than I could have hoped, apart from a disappointing defeat to Stade Rennais. Our only other defeat came at Monaco and if it wasn't for a few dodgy draws in there we would have easily amassed 100 points, in fact we only had to beat Marseille in our last match to get that but we let a 1-0 lead slip to only draw.

We also won the Coupe de France again.

The Champions league campaign started as it had the last few seasons as we flew through the group stage. The knockout draw was actually kinder to us this season as we got Porto in the first round, managing a draw there (the only match we didn't win in the CL), and a 3-1 home win. Again a kind draw saw us against Shakhtar (who we beat in the Europa league final) in the quarters, we won both matches 2-0 to set up a Semi-final tie against Real Madrid. A 2-1 victory at the Bernabeu set us up nicely and a 1-0 win at home saw us against Bayern in the final. It was a famous victory it wasn't a classic as the player ratings suggest, but the fact their 'keeper got MOM shows we weren't lucky to win. The ususl messages followed including this from an old club favourite (you'd have to go back a few pages to find out more about him ;)). Although Patrick David had a poor final it was fitting he won the best player.

Squad - Team report - url=http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/craig_wright24/La%20Vitreenne%20FM/LaVitrenneFCHistory_BestEleven-16.png]Best XI[/url] - Best XI overall

The players

GK - Lincoln - Definately one of the best 'keepers I've ever had on FM, named in the World Cup dream team. Ever present, playing 60 matches.

D(LC) - Daniele Reali - Probably his best season with the club, and scoring 15 goals helps (not using the corner exploit ;)). Still wants to move to a bigger club.

D© - Matías Alvarez - With a copule of our Brazilian players gaining EU nationality I had spaces for more non EU's, so I bought in Alvarez to strengthen our defence and ended up playing all but 2 of our matches.

D© - Pablo Herrera - Never really been a regular but been at the club for an incredible 13 seasons, played for us in Ligue 2.

D(RC) - Roberto - Now a club legend, Roberto had another outstanding season playing mainly as right back due to the signing of Alvarez.

D(RL) -

Bjorn Stemmer - Didn't play as much this season as Roberto played as RB, our coaches only rate him 2 stars now which is surprising because big clubs have been interested, my Ass Man recommended me to listen to any offers, but I still issued a hands off warning.

D(L) - Carlos Silva - Season cut short by injury, would be good if he could remain uninjured now to rack up as many appearances as he can, still only 17.

D

(RL) - Andreas Panagiotou - Only played so many due to Carlos Silva being injured, still very solid when asked to come in, a great backup player.

D(RC) -

Alain Reynaud - Gave him a few appearances but was pretty poor, which is disappointing as he's a member of our youth academy, I'll try and give him more game time but will have to improve.

DM/M© - Wassim Amrani - Still wants to move to a bigger club, however I want to keep hold of the French players.

DM/M© - Selemani Kwaisi - Outstanding season frm Kwaisi as he looks like he can be better than Amrani, and incidently, like Amrani was a freebie from Marseille, someone sack that Marseille youth coach. ;)

DM/M© - Juan Pedro Carrillo - Was playing in the reserves due to the form of Amrani and Kwaisi, but with both the latter injured, Carrillo was asked to come in at the drop of a hat. His first match was the home leg against Shahktar and he scored both goals in a MOM performance, is now staying in my first team plans.

M© - Sam Vardy - A good season from the England international, not an outstanding player but works well as a ball winning midfielder.

M© - Miguel Angel Rodas - Solid season from the attacking central midfielder.

M© - Inaki Espinosa - Had high hopes when I signed him for £8m a couple of seasons ago but not really progressed as well as I hoped, needs more game time.

M© - Charles-Emmanuel Cadiou - Could do better, still has massive potential but has to fit in better with my system, may work better as a playmaker.

ST - Patrick David - Another excellent season for David, won the champions league best player.

ST - Hamilton Rodrigues - Turned out to be a bargain buy from Celtic of all teams for £8.5m, don't know how I missed him before because he signed for Celtic for free 3 seasons back, obviously matured well there. He did amazingly well breaking all club scoring records, even though he was injured for the last 2 months of the season, shame. Won european golden boot.

ST - Jacaré - Didn't score many goals for the club but got the most important goal of all in the CL final, also got World Cup golden boot.

ST - James Russell - Backup striker but played a lot because one of our strikers was usually out.

ST - Riccardo De Luca - I don't want to lose him but as we don't currently use wingers retrained as a striker and did ok, improving in that position.

ST - Victor Nyborg - The stats in the screenie were from the reserve team, but a few excellent seasons in the reserves has persuaded me to promote him to the first team.

Finances

Club info

Facilities

I was watching the World cup with interest with the intent of going into international management. England and France both had relatively disappointing tournaments, both going out in the quarter finals, to Argentina on penalties and hammered by Brazil with our very own Jacaré with two goals. Brazil lost out to Spain in the final but Jacaré added to his CL final winner by winning the World cup golden boot. Our 'keeper Lincoln was also included in the dream team.

There were plenty of international jobs as usual, but I got offered the France job which I accepted.

2028-29 | Ligue 1   |   2nd    | Winners    |   4th round     | CL Quarters       | Cup winners             |
2029-30 | Ligue 1   |   1st    | Winners    |   Quarters      | CL winners        | Challenge complete      |

May 2017.

USL Dunkerque have qualified for the EURO Cup!! Will finish 4th or 5th depending on the last day. Currently 4th, 3 points ahead of St Etienne, but with worse goal difference

ALLEZ DUNKERQUE!!!

Berty1978- Congratulations completing the challenge and good luck with France. Are you staying with your club also?

Ghostwriter- Good luck this time round. You should get Lyon as a feeder club just to take the **** out of the board. As aldojags said there are a few teams that make it up to Ligue 1 under AI control.

Dr Poods- Your flying mate, well done.

Ghostwriter- Good luck this time round. You should get Lyon as a feeder club just to take the **** out of the board.

Hahahaha that would be classic you should really try and do that!

You going to keep posting Berty? Be good to hear how your career goes post-completion!

Well done Dr Poods, been a good week for the French managers!

Archived