FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

how do you find that out? the bit I thought it would be (coach report) it just says "has potential to play to a similar level as..."

Yeah on the coach report. Some coaches wont list that, for example an attacking coach won't list that for a defender usually but a defending coach will. Go to a coach report and you can pick which coach supplies the report. You should have at least some coaches that will give a league standard. Any player with decent Ligue 1 or above is worth keeping for what a contract is worth.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's the completion off for another season...just knocked out the Champ League in the Quarters by Barca, 7-2 on aggregate, so pretty comprehensive in the end up. Was robbed of 3 of my starting 4 midfielders in Pituca, Jelassi, and Tatlot, this game really sickens me sometimes! Haven't had Tatlot all season, and just about coped, but the other 2 is too much to cover against this level of opposition. Nou Camp was first, and was 1-1 with 5 minutes to go, but I was too naive chasing a 2nd, and ended up losing 3-1. Then went out all guns blazing at home, again, too naive, and was soundly whipped 4-1. Can't complain really. Still, the furthest I've got in Europe so far, and I was missing 3 of my starting 11, so no shame in that.

7 points clear with 6 games to go, which will make it 4 in a row if I hold on. Also, in final of Coupe de la Ligue against Marseille, so could be on for a domestic double which would be a nice consolation to getting knocked out of Europe.

I've been toying with 4222, with 2 central mids and 2 wingers, similar system to yours PRDH if I'm not wrong? Could you please tell me what duties you assign the full backs, midfield/wingers?

aldojags- Flying domestically and being knocked out of Europe by Barcelona is a very good season. I always prefer away from home in the first leg if you can keep it tight and I'm sure the second leg would have much different had you held out at 1-1. Still a double would do nicely.

aldojags - it's what i hate about the game, the injuries are way to unreal sometimes.

In other news, my scouts are having some trouble finding good players. Don't know what is happening but i'll take things in my own hands more often now.

andy sava - you have reminded me of something I keep meaning to ask you all about the scouting, do you ever go into your scouts, then click on their assignments, and although they have apparently found 45 players in Bulgaria for example, you click on the bit to view the players, and there's none there? any of you had this?

marty - yeah in knockout football in Europa/Champ league I always prefer away from home first, I knocked out Inter in the first knockout round, and I don't think I would have had t been the other round. Had success in Europa league over the years playing away from home first. Get a score draw then hammer them at home! Yeh hoping to do the double tonight, just about to stick it on...

To my knowledge, I've got the latest patch, so this is poor if it's a known bug but not been sorted

Just had 3 people injured for 6 weeks in the 1 match, plus a sending off. used some early subs so finished game with 8 men! Still won though. But that's 3 first teamers on top of the previous 3 that missed the barca games through long term injuries missing for the cup final. This game is ridiculous sometimes! I'd love someone to point out a club in European football that suffers an injury which rules a first teamer out longterm every week! I've checked the players, and all the natural fitnesses are quite high. Take Roger for example, his PA has went from 4.5 to 3.5, due to 3 long term injuries in the past 2 years. I know for example Michael Owen's career was ruined in a similar way, but it's all the time I'm losing important players. My training schedules are all high end of medium, which should be fine. And I've got 4 pretty decent physios. Ah well such is life.

Crap. Speaking of injuries. Madson, my keeper, just got one that will keep him away for 3 months...

EDIT: And it strikes again...Freitas out for about 7 weeks and one of my strikers out for 4 months.

I feel your pain Andy Sava

That's the first half of the double, just beat Marseille on penalties in Coupe de la Ligue. Was losing 2-1, then equalised 90+2! No goals in extra time, won 4-3 on pens! Although I've won leagues etc, never won a cup, got a woeful record, so pleased with this.

aldo - Yup that's my preferred system (and by preferred I mean the only one I ever play except in extreme circumstances). The roles are slightly tricky to explain, I did some fiddling with the sliders back in the dim and distant past and just import the tactic into new versions from the old when I get there. I'll have a look and give the gist though. They're overarching role is 'full back with attacking mentality'. But mine have lower creative freedom and higher closing down than the default for that role.

Hope that's helpful.

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores

Finances | Summary

We actually made a very small profit this season again thanks to prize money and a few transfers out. Still need to develop the stadium to get higher attendances if we're going to be profitable long term I think.

Transfers | Frees | Cash deals | Loans

Again the usual mix of selling non-homegrown players, releasing the players not progressing as I hoped and loaning youngsters to the feeder teams. I don't really have any more players to sell at the moment so this will basically freeze soon.

Competitions

Domestic - Table | Graph | Supertaça | Taça de Portugal | League Cup

Won the league again, obviously, though at times it was a little tight. Cups were again an opportunity for youngsters to make their mark. They got to the final of the League Cup which was an impressive feat.

Europe - Group | First Round 1st/2nd Leg | Quarter Final 1st/2nd Leg

Slight progress this year as we got past the 1st knockout round before crumbling in Madrid and falling out at the quarter final stage. We had some performances this season that showed we can still mix it with the big teams in Europe despite not buying new players.

The Team

'Keepers

Ricardo Dias - 42 apps, 43 conc, 12 cln - You won't be surprised to hear that Dias was once again the first choice keeper this year. He didn't have his best season but is still head and shoulders above anyone else we've got at the club. He manage to pick up his 100th cap for Portugal this season too. At just 28 it's difficult to judge how many he could end up with, but I think Ronaldo's record of 165 could be under threat. He has also made an impressive 460 appearances for us. Legend!

Dalvinder Davies - 5 apps, 2 conc, 2 cln - The heir apparent to Dias at the moment. He may have been born in Southend but he's Lusitania through and through and is showing decent progression. He's certainly rapidly becoming our number 2 goalie and is a member of the cup squad too.

Defenders

Shéu Sousa - 27(2) apps, 5 asts - Difficult to say who is first choice out of Sousa and Duarte. Sousa played slightly more games, but it was definitely a rotation, I think I'm going to stick with Duarte as the bold player as I seemed to play Sousa more in the cup games which to me implies I still see him as the up and comer. He's progressing nicely, pace to burn, decent defensively, if he could just put a slightly better cross he'd be perfect. The battle between the two right backs is going to be a fascinating one.

Duarte - 20(2) apps, 5 asts - Slightly arbitrary decision to call him first choice but I had to make a call. The records of the two players this season are remarkably similar. Sousa made 2 more league appearances and ended with an average rating 0.09 higher. They are different players though and fit different roles. Duarte is still the slightly more accomplished defender and is a more complete technical player too with a great cross on him, he just lacks the raw athleticism of Sousa.

Ricardo Aleixo - 29(1) apps, 5 asts - On the other side of the defence we have another intriguing battle developing. Aleixo is still definitely first choice at this stage, but he is seeing some competition. The similarities between all my main full backs is eerie with Aleixo getting another 5 assists. He looks to have stalled a little to me, but he is a very good domestic full back, maybe not quite up there with some of the players we come up against in Europe, but certainly not letting the team down.

António Reis - 18(1) apps, 2 asts, 1 MoM - The man to battle with Aleixo is slightly behind in terms of development, but is also progressing nicely. He was called up to the Portugal side for the Euros ahead of Aleixo and, since the screenshot was taken, made his debut too. I still think it's an odd decision as, to my eyes, Aleixo is clearly the better player at this stage, but who am I to argue with the national manager.

João Paulo - 34 apps, 9 gls, 2 asts, 3 MoMs - A triumphant return to form after last year's injury worries for the imperious central defender. Continues to be a thorn in the side of the attackers in Portugal and normally in Europe too. He's made more than 300 appearances for the club scoring more than 50 goals. Not a bad return from central defence. He's also approaching the 100-cap mark for his country too.

Luis Miguel - 9(7) apps, 1 gl - Without Paulo's injury troubles his first team options were restricted again this year. He's a simple defender, he's not got much else to his game bar defensive skill, he's not got the skill to start attacks as Lopes has, but then Paulo's never been that player either and it's him I see Luis eventually replacing.

Saad Falah - 4(1) apps, 1 ast - Falling down the pecking order slightly, though I'm still surprised he hasn't been called up by Iraq yet. He's behind Miguel and Carvalho for a place on the subs bench, but with players ageing he'll still definitely have a part to play as a decent squad player. He's primarily a cup player at the moment.

Rui Lopes - 39 apps, 2 gls, 1 ast, 1 MoM - The ageing central defender is still very much an important cog in the defence. His passing ability is a great asset at the back and a lot of our build up play starts with the ball at his feet. He's made fewer appearances than you'd expect for someone of his age mainly because in his youth there was competition from players not brought through the set up. Still, 295 club appearances isn't a bad haul and he's not finished yet either.

Flávio Carvalho - 8(12) apps - He is still the player I hope will eventually replace Lopes in the ball-playing defender role. He has had a bad injury this season which has slowed his progress, but I still have faith he's got what it takes to make it as a first team player.

Midfielders

Paul Bossman - 21(7) apps, 1 gl, 4 asts - Possibly heeding my warning of last year that if they didn't call him up soon Ghana would come calling, Paul got his first Portugal appearances this season and they were well deserved. He has turned into a marvellous midfielder with all the skills you could want. He's not the most physically imposing player but he has a great range of attributes for both defence and attack. He's still not quite dislodged Teixeira, but I have no doubt that he will become a very useful member of the first team.

Miguel Teixeira - 26(3) apps, 2 gls, 2 asts - Approaching 50 caps is a great milestone for this unsung hero of the team's engine room. He doesn't do much that's flashy but puts his foot in to break up opposition attacks and very rarely wastes the ball when he gets it back. He's a great partner for the more flashy attacking players and the type of player other players want to have in the team.

Luís Pereira - 12(6) apps, 1 gl, 4 asts - Another youngster who had injury troubles this season. It slowed his progress slightly, but he is still getting to where he needs to be to threaten to grab a place in the first team. He obviously still needs to work on his skills but at just 17 he has bags of potential.

Atanas Radkov - 5 apps, 2 asts - One of the final non-homegrown players still at the club, he doesn't really fit the scheme and his time may well be limited. I don't think he'll be playing at the club next season whether it's permanently or just on a loan.

Paulo Jorge Vieira - 28(3) apps, 3 gls, 11 asts, 3 MoMs - Back to his best. He was great in the centre of the park this season, controlling the game and laying on a number of goals for the team. One of the vast swathe of players from my golden generation who are approaching 100 caps for Portugal. He is showing no signs of decline yet, but even when he does it's nice to know his position is covered. He has made 430 appearances for the club. A remarkable number and one he is bound to add to over the next few seasons.

Sérgio Reforço - 3 apps, 1 gl - Got a few chances in the cup and got a league game under his belt too. He's not up to the standard of Vieira or Santos but is adequate third choice. If we get a youngster through in this position soon he may see his time up and head out on loan for a spell, but until that happens he's a good back up in case of injury crises.

Luís Santos - 16(11) apps, 3 gls, 5 asts - Still Vieira's apprentice, but with seven years less wear in the legs his time will definitely come. Not much more to add, he's a very similar player to Vieira and is attracting interest from some very big clubs. I will, of course, try to frustrate them and hold onto the player.

Álvaro Pinto - 3(3) apps, 1 ast - Fewer appearances for the winger this year with the emergence of Medeiros as the first choice bench player. He is still a decent pro and will, I hope, stick around once he retires to aid the development of future players.

Sérgio Rodrigues - 35(1) apps, 11 gls, 16 asts, 4 MoMs - He saw the back of the niggling injuries that plagued last season and it was a return to his best form as well. He chips in with goals (mostly with his head) and assists too. A truly great player for the club and at only 25 he has a lot more to give.

Hugo Medeiros - 9(17) apps, 6 gls, 8 asts, 2 MoMs - A really great first season for the young right winger. He showed how bright a future he has with a good hail of goals and assists. He was like a miniature Rodrigues and that is a great compliment. Will look to progress again next season.

Lasse Tuominen - 30(1) apps, 9 gls, 24 asts, 3 MoMs - Still defiantly holding off the Azorean threat to his regular place on the left wing Lasse is just continuing to get better. A huge haul of assists this season and not bad in front of goal either. I tied him down to a longer contract this summer and I think he's going to stay as the last bastion of external influence until he eventually retires. He's, if not quite totally irreplaceable, certainly not by anyone yet.

Forwards

Nuno Rosa - 7(10) apps, 8 gls, 2 asts, 1 MoM - Finally! He has, at last, showed some progress. He's been a 'good prospect' without really showing anything for too long before this season, but really put down a marker this year with a decent goal tally from his limited appearances. Unfortunately, Marques did the same, but he has proven himself to be a definite part of the squad for the future.

Pedro Cardoso - 40 apps, 30 gls, 10 asts, 7 MoMs - The player I always see as the peak of my youth programme so far has turned 30. It's amazing to think I've been playing long enough for him to reach this stage. He backed up last season's return to form with another prolific year hitting the 30-goal mark for the 6th time in his career. His career stats make remarkable reading. He has, as of the end of the season, 499 club appearances and 406 goals. That is a great record over all those years and this season he has adapted well to having a new star youngster on the scene. He played a chunk of the season in the deep-lying, creative role and performed it brilliantly alongside the youngster. Great player.

Abakar Tigabe - 21(9) apps, 12 gls, 6 asts, 2 MoMs - A solid, if not necessarily spectacular, season for the striker. He found his place under threat and responded reasonably well to give me something of a dilemma for the start of next year. He's made a total of 265 appearances, scoring 129 goals. Not bad for a player I was never totally convinced with.

Rodolfo Marques - 23(9) apps, 24 gls, 5 asts, 6 MoMs - Amazing second season for the youngster as he probably, just, displaced Tigabe from the first team. He started off as a rotation/bench player but was so prolific that it became almost impossible to leave him out. He progressed very well and formed a good understanding with teammate and mentor Cardoso. Very exciting prospect for the next few seasons.

Anatoli Cerga - 1 app, 1 gl - Only emerged from the youth set up this season, but we were still in the cup so he made his debut. He marked it with a goal, not a bad way to introduce himself. Needs to work on his physicality and his finishing, but if he does both of those then he can be a very handy addition to the strike force.

Nana Addo - 2 apps, 1 gl - One of the players I took something of a punt on last year. I wasn't expecting anything from him really but he is decent physically and seemed to have something about him. Anyway, I left him in the U19s and eventually noticed he was being incredibly prolific for them, wracking up 25 goals over the season. To reward him I brought him into the cup squad and he repaid me with a goal just 25 seconds into his debut. He didn't manage to repeat the feat in his second game, but is showing signs of potential. I don't know how far he'll go in the club, but I'll continue to give him chances to show what he can do.

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7202432&viewfull=1#post7202432"]2012/13[/url]		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7220339&viewfull=1#post7220339"]2013/14[/url]		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7239921&viewfull=1#post7239921"]2014/15[/url]		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7249179&viewfull=1#post7249179"]2015/16[/url]		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7271085&viewfull=1#post7271085"]2016/17[/url]		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7285735&viewfull=1#post7285735"]2017/18[/url]		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7337490&viewfull=1#post7337490"]2018/19[/url]		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7357975&viewfull=1#post7357975"]2019/20[/url]		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7384317&viewfull=1#post7384317"]2020/21[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7414146&viewfull=1#post7414146"]2021/22[/url]		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7430561&viewfull=1#post7430561"]2022/23[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7467274&viewfull=1#post7467274"]2023/24[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7480108&viewfull=1#post7480108"]2024/25[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7531647&viewfull=1#post7531647"]2025/26[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7544658&viewfull=1#post7544658"]2026/27[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7553099&viewfull=1#post7553099"]2027/28[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Semi Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7614242&viewfull=1#post7614242"]2028/29[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7628197&viewfull=1#post7628197"]2029/30[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Semi Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7639411&viewfull=1#post7639411"]2030/31[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7652794&viewfull=1#post7652794"]2031/32[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7665898&viewfull=1#post7665898"]2032/33[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters and domestic quadruple
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7703596&viewfull=1#post7703596"]2033/34[/url]		Premier League		1st 			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7719374&viewfull=1#post7719374"]3034/35[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7732208&viewfull=1#post7732208"]2035/36[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7743979&viewfull=1#post7743979"]2036/37[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7754129&viewfull=1#post7754129"]2037/38[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions' League winners
------------------------------------------------Challenge Completed----------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7839380&viewfull=1#post7839380"]2038/39[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7848401&viewfull=1#post7848401"]2039/40[/url]		Premier League 		1st			CL 1st Rd
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7866956&viewfull=1#post7866956"]2040/41[/url]		Premier League		1st 			CL Semis
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7894569&viewfull=1#post7894569"]2041/42[/url]	        Premier League		1st			CL 1st Rd
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7924187&viewfull=1#post7924187"]2042/43[/url]		Premier League	        1st		        CL 1st Rd
2043/44		Premier League	        1st		        CL Quarters

marty - No one's spending a huge amount at the moment really. It's odd, because I've monopolised one of the CL spots, the original 'big three' rotate the remaining two places between them, which means that the finances have equalised a bit. Porto have certainly spent a huge amount in the past. But that's been curtailed recently as they've fallen slightly from grace. It's 21st August in my game and the biggest net spend in the league so far is Sporting with an net outlay of £2.08m while Porto have made £6.26m from transfers, the largest profit.

Also, the total salary of the other teams has fallen too. I'm spending £26m/year which has been roughly stable for the last few years (probably a decade) but for a long time I was number 4. I'm now top with Sporting spending £24m, Porto £18m and Benfica £18m.

Edit - First game of the new season, Marques scores a hat trick. Second game Cardoso scores four. Something about putting the young lad in his place about that!

Flying at the moment. Just moved back into our stadium and beat Lorient 2-0 to be 2nd after 20 games in Ligue 2. Not bad for a prediction of 19th!!!

Great season so far. Hopefully you can keep up the form. The prediction are ludicrous. I don't think it was until after I'd won my 15th consecutive Premier League that the media predicted I'd win it.

By the way, one of the other guys in France might be able to tell me whether this odd situation is happening to them. l've seen multiple teams do double relegations, by this I mean Ligue 1 - National and Ligue 2 - CFA. And I am talking multiple teams. This season looks like it will be the same again with Monaco for instance rooted at the bottom of Ligue 2.

Am I alone here? Just the volume seems a bit odd.

Great season so far. Hopefully you can keep up the form. The prediction are ludicrous. I don't think it was until after I'd won my 15th consecutive Premier League that the media predicted I'd win it.

Thanks mate. By the way it should have read 3-0. :)

Dr Poods - Even better! It's not quite the same, but after I completed the challenge with Romorantin in France a couple of versions back I decided to leave the club and let the AI take over while I holidayed. The fall from grace was pretty catastrophic so it has happened before.

The list of what happened is in this post

PRDH - I am surprised one of the big three hasn't spent big more often.

Dr Poods - Unfortunately you see double relegation's in a number of countries because some AI teams get very poorly run. Monaco got relegated in mine but promoted straight bacck. They have just been relegated again straight away. PSG, despite their money, have finished below me for the second year running. In two years they have spent £70m and I have spent £4.3m.

I have just finished my first season with Portosantense, and I will update (hopefully) sometime soon. However, I have a slight issue. My club received no youth players on the regen date for some reason, while all the other clubs did. The club has training facilities/recruitment so is this expected, or something to take to the bugs forum? It's a bit pointess playing on with this challenge if I get no youth team after all, as that's the fun bit for me.

I'm playing in the Portuguese 2nd Division South, any ideas? I'm holidaying to the next date in 2014 to see if it reoccurs, so fingers crossed.

Oh my god...So it's the last game of the season. We, Kaiserslautern and Dortmund are fighting for 2nd place with the same number of points, 61. Dortmund loses and i am playing Kaiserslautern. We are winning, 2-1, and in the last minutes of the game Ferreira, one of my centerbacks decides to throw the stupid game away getting a red card and Kaiserslautern goes all in after this scoring a goal in THE LAST MINUTE of extra-time. We end the season with the same number of points but they are ahead due to the goal difference.

EDIT: Looking at the replay after the game i realized that the red card was kinda harsh. I simple yellow would have been enough.

Dr Poods - one of two things happens in my save. I have the "yo-yo" teams, like Cannes, Stade Malherbe Caen, Metz, Stade Bretois, who drop down then come straight back up.

Then there's other teams, like Troyes, Evian, Dijon, Stade de Reims, who've plumetted to the national after relegation from Ligue 1.

KielLogo.png

Holstein Kiel - 2019/2020

Season Overview

Manager Profile

League Finish - 3rd

Media Prediction - 10th

Average Attendance - 11435

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Fans Player of the Year - Gonçalo Silva[/b]

Transfers

Grant Wood - <1 app, 1 assist, 1 MoM> - Signed him because i thought he would be a decent prospect for the future. He played one game in the German Cup and got Man of the Match for that game.

Joel - <48(1) apps, 1 goal, 4 asts, 2 MoM> - I've got my mind on this young brazilian midfielder for a while now but only this season i managed to transfer him. He cost me 8.5M Euros and i hope he will be worth it.

Stephen Graham - <2apps> - Not much to say about him, a four star potential for my left side. Only time will tell if he can achieve that potential.

Danny Simmonds - <1(11) apps> - Another young english player with potential to be a very good midfielder.

Bundesliga

League Table

Graph

Not much to say about the season. It was another very good season although at times it seemed that we were losing ground. In the final games of the season we managed to involve ourselves in the fight for 2nd place which took place in the last game of the season. As i detailed in my previous post we lost the battle in the last minute of our game with Kaiserslautern. It was bad luck for us but i am pleased even as it is. Third season in Bundesliga and we finished 3rd qualifying for Champions League for the second time in a row.

Bayern was still bossing the league and finished 10 points ahead.

German Cup

First Round - (vs. Duisburg) The game was tight and we won with a goal from Barros in the extra-time.

Second Round - (Ingolstadt) I sent my reserves to play this game. 2-2 after 120 minutes and we lost it at penalties.

Champions League

Best Placed Playoff Leg 1 - (vs. SLB) We played the first game away and we had a good day scoring twice but letting one in.

Best Placed Playoff Leg 1 - (vs. SLB) I made the stupid mistake of going into the game thinking that it will be easy and i started with an attacking mentality. They scored twice before us and at 1-2 they scored another one finishing the game 3-1 winners. It sucked and i won't make the same mistake again.

EURO Cup

Group Stage - After losing in the Best Placed Playoff against Benfica i went in the EURO Cup Group Stage with only one thing in my mind. To dominate the group. And we managed to do it only losing 1 game against Tottenham and winning all the other games.

1st Knockout Round (Leg 1/Leg 2) - We played against Real Sociedad with the first game away. We won it 4-0 and a week later in the second leg got a 1-1 draw.

2nd Knockout Round (Leg 1/Leg 2) - A double 2-0 win against Wolfsburg got us to the quarter finals.

Quarter Finals (Leg 1/Leg 2) - We played the first game with Fiorentina at home and we lost it 2-1. We won the second game away 1-0 but that was not enough to go in the semi-finals.

The Squad

Key Players

Gonçalo Silva - <49 apps, 17 goals, 1 assist, 10 MoM> - Good defender? check. Goalscorer? check. What else do you want from a player? Wonderfull season for Silva and i feel this is just the begining. He got named in the Team of the Year and also got his first Portugal cap and will be playing in the European Championship.

Francesco Melchiorre - <47(1) apps, 21 assists, 4 MoM> - I was starting to regret that i signed him after the first season he played for us. Boy am i glad i didn't do anything stupid and kept him. 21 assists in a superb season for Melchiorre. Also named in the Team of the Year.

Luís Barros - <48(2) apps, 26 goals, 8 assists, 6 MoM> - It was his season scoring 26 goals. He decided so many games for us this season and i expect an international call up soon. Also named in the Team of the Year.

Paulinho - <44(3) apps, 14 goals, 5 assists, 4 MoM> - We had a little fight this season as he wanted to move to a bigger club and i refused to let him transfer. After a few time he complained he finally backed off and was happy to play for the club again.

Thorben Stadler - <42(2) apps, 1 goal, 10 assists, 1 MoM> - No need to say that Stadler had another very good season.

Paulo Ferreira - <50 apps, 4 goals, 2 MoM> - Solid season for Ferreira even though he probably cost us 2nd place by getting a red card in our final game with Kaiserslautern.

Young players

I have 2 good young players that are waiting for a chance at greatness: Djordje Rnic & Fabian Hoffmann.

Next season

Last season 4th, this season 3rd. Next season 2nd? I want 1st but 2nd will do :D I'm thinking of changing the tactical plan because we lost points against small teams that we should have beaten.

[b]Season             League                         Position                     Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7853130&viewfull=1#post7853130"]2012/2013[/url]          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7877117&viewfull=1#post7877117"]2013/2014[/url]          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7887550&viewfull=1#post7887550"]2014/2015[/url]          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7915217&viewfull=1#post7915217"]2015/2016[/url]          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7916502&viewfull=1#post7916502"]2016/2017[/url]          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7923190&viewfull=1#post7923190"]2017/2018[/url]          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7932142&viewfull=1#post7932142"]2018/2019[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2019/2020[/url]          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals

150px-AS_Cannes_New_Logo.jpg

AS CANNES - SEASON 2017/18

LIGUE 1

A slow start to the season saw us bottom half for a good few weeks before we finally hit some good form and stormed back up the league. It was really tight at the top, other than Lille, who ran away with league and led all season after beating Lyon 5-2 on the first day. Lyon though staged a remarkable comeback to snatch the title on the last day of the season. Our final position of 4th is one better than last year and sees us qualify for Europe for the second year running. Very pleased overall but have no funds to improve the squad for next year so breaking into the top is going to be tough.

The Coupe de la Ligue saw us reach the quarter final before crashing out to Ligue 2 Montpellier 1-2. Very disappointing as we had dominated the match but wasted our chances.

The French cup again saw us in a quarter final, this time losing out to PSG 1-2 and again there was disappointment as despite knocking on the door all game we could not recover from their early goals.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3

EURO CUP

After disposing of Trabzonspor in the 4th qualifying round the group stages drew us with PSV Eindhoven, Rubin Kazan and Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk. I was quite pleased with that and we qualified 2nd in the group after winning all three home matches but losing all three away.

The 1st knockout round saw us take on the might of Sevilla and after a 1-1 home draw I did not fancy our chances at their place. I switched to a 4-5-1 counter tactic and we were superb in the second leg and walked away with a well deserved 1-0 victory.

The 2nd knockout round saw us playing the first leg in Portugal against Sporting and despite being battered we held out for a 0-0. After that lucky escape and the second leg to come at home I fancied us to go through. Another early goal in a cup left us scrambling for two goals and we could only muster the one. So with the result a 1-1, Sporting are through on the away goal rule.

TRANSFERS

Made a few transfers but also had to bring in two loan players to cover the fullback areas as I was struggling to find any quality there. We almost broke even in the transfer market and tried to get rid of Guidileye who was unhappy. We managed a loan deal with a view to permanent but unfortunately we have him back. Also sent a couple of players on loan to a feeder but it didn't really work out and neither seen much football.

Alexandru Dumitru - £1.3m fee - A very good first season for the young lad I plucked out of Toulouse's reserves for £1.3m. Money well spent as he was transfer listed by request and valued at £3.6m.

Ilias Vardinogiannis - Free - Solid squad player and got the winner in Seville.

Abraham Ruiz - Free - Was not too sure about this guy but for free he was worth a go. Glad I did as he was my pick for player of the season. Thats what you get when you pick up Barcelona players. The fact he is a left footed right midfielder is quite rare and he is reasonable with his right foot as well.

Riccardo Barronetto- (LOAN) Bought in on a season long loan from Inter Milan - No wage contribution.

Daniel Schaap - (LOAN) Bought on a season long loan from Ajax - No wage contribution.

Mathieu Jan - Free - GK used a back-up and hardly featured.

Mathieu Chauvet - £1.9m fee - After loaning Guadileye out, I bought in this guy as replacement. First choice after joining and no doubt for the near future with Petrucci leaving on a free.

SQUAD

I am happy with the squad overall but am at the point where improving with free transfers is very difficult and may have to look to the loan market again for fullbacks unless I can find a cheap youngster.

Didier Hayesso - Young GK continues as number 1 for the foreseeable future. Solid and reliable.

Georges Bayiha - RB is still the only decent RB in the squad and will need some loan help again next year.

Walid Khaled - Another good season for the young LB, The only real left back in the squad and another who will need loan help next year.

Raphael Calvet - Fighting it out with Vink for a starting place alongside Helmund.

Robin Vink - Solid CB has had a good second season.

Denny Hellmund - Good first choice CB and it is hard to believe he is still only 23.

Mokhtar Arfaoui - Homegrown product has reached a point where I would like to get a small fee for him. Not going to be good enough and if he stays will be a reserve player next year.

Willie Schulitz - Limited chances due to the arrival of Ruiz but still has time on his side and is a decent squad player.

Yaser Ertem - Had hoped for more but at 20 has plenty of time and I'm sure will continue too improve. Can play RM or CM so is a useful squad player at the very least.

Gerhard Kern - Still first choice and as he was out of contract this summer has been rewarded with a two year extension. Has good leadership skills and has been an excellent tutor so far.

Leonidas Basinas - A disappointing season for young lad with limited appearances and a couple of minor injuries. Will hope to do better next year.

Davide Petrucci - Has slowly become a bit part player and is no longer worth the cost of his contract. Leaving the club but has been a great servant with 107 league and cup appearances in four years at the club. Hope he gets a contract elsewhere soon.

Rayan Tran - Young home grown player has been on loan but only got 2 games, was recalled and played between reserves and under 19's and got 1 senior games but he did score in that. Will give him his big chance next year as he will replace Petrucci in the first team.

Ibrahima - 4th choice striker is mainly a sub and next season will be his last with us as he wont get a new contract.

Mbaye Niang - Top scorer but goals were spread round a bit more this year and no one scored what I'd call a lot.

Mads Neilson - Performances have tailed off from last year and finished the season in poor form. Still a good contribution though and I'm sure he will kick on next year.

UNDER 19'S

The youth team played well in their league this year finishing as runner's up to Marseille. I have managed to tutor a few of the better youngsters that needed it and will be looking at this years youth intake to see who needs help next. Forgot a screenie of the intake but only signed a few players as the rest were poor. All the players listed below have leading league 1 potential according to my assistant and along with Rayan Tran from the first team squad are the only players from my youth system with that label. With a youth facility upgrade on the way, I look forward to developing these young stars of the future.

Youth Candidates:

Patrick Riveire - Best of the intake and at just 14yo will have a lot of time to improve. Pleased to get a left back with decent potential. Could be the next Eric Abidal.

Hamza Benamara - Needs some tutoring but apparently has potential. Could be the next Zoumana Camara.

Walid Haddad - Has a spineless personality. Never seen that before and will clearly take a lot of work.

Other key youths:

Alain Boulanger - At just 16 he is looking alright after being tutored. Am prepared to keep just 3 natural CB's in the squad and make him 4th choice but leave him in the under 19's when he is not needed.

Thomas Neubert - Still just 15yo but looks like one to watch.

Marc Anziani - 16yo RB may have a future sooner rather than later with few players in his position at the club. Will watch his development with interest next season.

Martial Benhella - 16yo is currently being tutored by Niang but has not taken too much from tutoring so far. Jury is out on this one.

Sebya Dao - 16yo still has a lot to do but still has potential according to coaches so I will keep an eye on him for now.

FINANCES

After receiving this years prize money we had over £4m in the bank and the Chairman has not had to put money in since we reached Ligue 1. I was give the same wage budget and just over a million pounds for transfers so this year I will probably only be loaning a couple of players and have instead asked for youth facilities to be improved at a cost of £4m. This means all of my balance has been spent and we will struggle to break even this year unless we have a great run in the cups.

Missioner - What's your Junior coaching like? I think I read something somewhere that the conclusion of keeping asking the board to reduce spending in that area is an end to the youth intake.

Gonçalo Silva - <49 apps, 17 goals, 1 assist, 10 MoM> - Good defender? check. Goalscorer? check. What else do you want from a player? Wonderfull season for Silva and i feel this is just the begining. He got named in the Team of the Year and also got his first Portugal cap and will be playing in the European Championship.

Andy Sava - I like his comprehensive list of bans!

Well, Silva is gone. Got 2 offers from Man City and Real Madrid and the chairman went behind my back again and accepted the offers. Man City got him for 16M Euros. Anyone has any ideea how to stop this from happening again ?

HA! The chairman decides to sell Silva and at the next board meeting the board tells me that they are disappointed with the departure of Silva. Seriously ?

EDIT: And we get Arsenal in the Best Placed Playoff? Come on!!!!

Andy Sava- Put massive asking prices on players, it will deter bids and that should stop it happening in most cases. The board meeting messages poorly written and actually means the fans are disappointed with the sale (as listed in board confidence).

Have managed to sell 2 home grown players for a combined £400k plus 40% of next sales. Also upgraded youth network to above average. Money is tight and I have £20,000 wage budget and 700,000 transfer budget AFTER selling £3.1m worth of players. Yearly wage rises are killing me.

ES_Viry_Chatillon.jpg

Season Review 2025/26

Ligue 1

Media Prediction: 3rd | Finished 1st | Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Graph

Won the title by 11 points. I think that says more about how average the competition was this year, rather than how good I was. A tough season in terms of injuries, as you'll see from their screenshots, important players like Oneill Tatlot and Ilan Roger had their season ruined with injuries. The back-up players done well, but we're not the same going forward without Tatlot. We'd have scored 20 more goals this season if he'd been fit for most of it. But still, 4 in a row, got to be pleased with that.

Champions League

Table | Fixtures

Reached the Quarter finals, the furthest we've gone in our history. We were soundly beaten by eventual winners, Barcelona. Highlight of competition for me has to be the 4-0 win over Man United.

Coupe de la Lige

Fixtures

Won a domestic cup for the first time. Normally my cup record is awful as you'll see from my table at the bottom, but got all the way to final, and won it on pens v Marseille to seal a historic double!

French Cup

Fixtures

Knocked out in the Quarters.

Champions Trophy

Lost the season opener away to Bordeux on pens.

Squad

Bold - first choice.

*Star* - youth player.

GK

Pavel Skrobak - good season, my undoubted number 1.

Dusan Ivkovic - wants away as he's not playing enough, will try and sell him as got a keeper coming in on a bosman for back up. Good player when called upon though, way too good to be sitting on the bench.

Defence

Viv Cable - solid season from the Welshman at right back.

Bart Van der Weg - young central defender continues to blossom.

Karl Thorpe - reached his 200th league appearance for club this season.

Cedric Hue - good season from Cedric down the left.

Mahmoud Rabie - Egyptian international fights it out with Van der Weg to partner Thorpe in the middle. Will be a top player for us in years to come I'm sure.

Peter Mohammed - back up to Hue at left back, does well when called upon.

*Jimmy Donaldson* - gets into most of my matchday squads due to his versatility.

Raul Gil - can also play midfield but I play him more as 2nd choice right back.

*Recep Alici* - young full back is progressing nicely, hoping he'll one day be a first team regular.

*Maxime Reset* - back up centre half is competent at both RB and LB so he's a good player for the squad, doesn't play much.

Midfield

John Larsson - holding midfielder has been with us a while.

Pituca - injured too often this season, was stop-start.

Ali Jelassi - quality player, signed a new 5yr deal worth 66k per week, and he's worth every penny in my eyes.

Daniel Michel - young midfielder we signed on a free from Marseille few years back, couldn't get a game last year for the sensational form of Tatlot, but given Tatlot was injured so much, this guy played in my trequarista role behind the strikers and did ok.

Oneil Tatlot - season ruined by injury, and it's really knocked his attributes. He's spent a large chunk of 2 of the past 3 seasons injured, think I may have lost the genius I had when he was younger. Still a good player, but when he came back near end of season, he didn't perform like he used to. See how it goes next year.

Pablo Roig - Argentine international is good cover for CM.

*Alexandre Pruvot* - attacking midfielder coming on nicely, and scored the equaliser in our 3-2 win than won us the league, so has his own piece of history. Hoping he'll one day be a first team regular.

*Charles Modeste* - Like Pruvot, got hopes he'll be a first team regular in years to come.

Yann M'Villa - brought the veteran in on a free transfer, didn't play much, and is leaving on a bosman.

Marco Rosenfelder - like M'Villa, was brought in for cover and experience, but didn't feature much and I'm releasing him.

Sevki Gurdal - young Turk coming on well, on £12k a week which is a bit much for someone who doesn't feature much, so I'll either try and include him more, or sell.

Strikers

Dario Cavallero - picked him up on a free from Espanyol in the summer. Did ok, has a year left to run and I think I'll just let his contract run down. His attributes are stunning was expecting a few more goals.

Tony Champion - the English born now French International continues his excellent form, has been world class for me for 2 seasons now following an inconsistent start to his career with us.

*Ilan Roger* - inconsistent season, sufferred a few injuries that kept him out for chunks of the season. Unlikely he'll be the world superstar I was hoping for, but still a very good player. Going to his first world cup with France in the summer.

Bartlomiej Onyskzo - coaches rate him as best striker at club after his £2.1m arrival from Genk, but was too inconsistent, scoring most his goals from the bench.

Brayan Guttierez - didn't play much, but when I changed at the end of the season to a system involving wingers, he excelled on the right flank.

Kamal Sekyere - English born Ghanian international has tremendous attributes, but didn't perform that well. Hoping for more next season.

Vladimir Kralik - injured for large parts of the season, but still got a big future with us.

Daniel Schnieder - the Liechenstein international didn't play much, his attributes are good, but he rarely performs. Don't know what to do, may sell.

*Patrice Caron* - decent back up striker. May loan him out.

*Gregory Michel* - similar to Caron, will never be a regular, but I like having him on bench for games against lesser opposition.

Club Info

Transfers - more out than in.

Finances - look healthy here, as we've just got our prize money for league and Champions League. But I suspect £5m of this will go to shareholders. Still only got 3,400 season ticket holders. Average crowd climbed to 12,700 this season, my highest yet, but still only 16th in Ligue 1.

Players going to World Cup.

Facilities - got state of the art youth facilities and top training facilities. Haven't been able to increase the recruitment for about 7 seasons.

Past Seasons
Season     Division        Pos    French Cup      League Cup         Europe        Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7705369&viewfull=1#post7705369"]2012/13[/url]     National      4th      8th round        N/A                            Survived Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7713320&viewfull=1#post7713320"]2013/14[/url]     National      8th      7th round        N/A                            N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7722456&viewfull=1#post7722456"]2014/15[/url]     National      1st      8th round        N/A                            Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7734045&viewfull=1#post7734045"]2015/16[/url]     Ligue 2       6th      7th round        2nd round                      Consolidated
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7741822&viewfull=1#post7741822"]2016/17[/url]     Ligue 2       2nd      11th round       4th round                      Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7757976&viewfull=1#post7757976"]2017/18[/url]     Ligue 1       10th     Runners Up       4th round                      Survived
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7778883&viewfull=1#post7778883"]2018/19[/url]     Ligue 1       6th      11th Round       2nd round                      Consolidated    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7795399&viewfull=1#post7795399"]2019/20[/url]     Ligue 1       3rd      11th Round       3rd Round                      Qualified for Champ League            
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7831196&viewfull=1#post7831196"]2020/21[/url]     Ligue 1       3rd      11th Round       4th Round         EL QF        Qualified for Champ League                        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7848172&viewfull=1#post7848172"]2021/22[/url]     Ligue 1       4th      11th Round       Semi's       CL Group Stages   Qualified for Europa League
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7869045&viewfull=1#post7869045"]2022/23[/url]     Ligue 1       1st      11th Round       Semi's       EL 2nd KO Round   Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7880932&viewfull=1#post7880932"]2023/24[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       9th Round       Quarters     CL Group Stages   Champions 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7917651&viewfull=1#post7917651"]2024/25[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       9th Round       Quarters     CL Group Stage, & EL Semi's     
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7942158&viewfull=1#post7942158"]2025/26[/url]     Ligue 1       1st       Quarters        Winners      CL QF             Domestic Double

Season     Ligue 1         French Cup        Coupe de la Ligue                Champions Lg             Europa           World Cup/Euros         
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    PSG             PSG                      OM                         Barcelona               Roma            Euros-Germany
2012/13    Lyon            Toulouse                 Lyon                       Inter                   Liverpool
2013/14    Lyon            PSG                      Toulouse                   Barcelona               Porto            WC-Argentina
2014/15    Lyon            Toulouse                 Lyon                       Man Utd                 Stuttgart
2015/16    PSG             Lorient                  Lyon                       Juventus                Man United       Euros-Germany
2016/17    PSG             Sochaux                  PSG                        Benfica                 Arsenal
2017/18    OM              Lorient                  OM                         PSG                     Arsenal          WC- Belgium
2018/19    OM              OM                       RC Lens                    Man Utd                 Barcelona
2019/20    PSG             St Ettiene               Sedan                      Valencia                Hamburg         Euros-Belgium
2020/21    PSG             Valenciennes             OM                         PSG                     Benfica
2021/22    OM              Lyon                     Lyon                       Arsenal                 Fiorentina       WC-England
2022/23    Viry-Chatillon  Lyon                     OM		               Barcelona	       Leverkusen
2023/24    Viry-Chatillon  FC Rouen                 OM                         Barcelona               Rubin Kazan       Euros - Spain
2024/25    Viry-Chatillon  Bordeux                  FC Rouen                   Real Madrid             Sporting Lisbon
2025/26    Viry-Chatillon  OM                       Viry-Chatillon             Barcelona               Man United        WC - England

Good season there aldo. Domestic domination is there for all to see, and there's no shame in losing to Barcelona. You've got a great team and I'm sure steady progression in the CL will follow. Pity to see Roger has stalled a little, but he's still a great player and at only twenty he's got plenty of time to improve still further.

Yeah I hope so, still a few years to mould him into a top player, I just need an injury free season from him and I'm sure this time next season his screenshot will show a lot of improvement.

The CL progression will be a toughie - I don't see me finding replacements anytime soon for the likes of Tatlot, Champion, Pituca and Larsson, all of whom are approaching 30. I've got a feeling if I've not completed challenge in 3 years I may never! I don't have the funds to replace players of that calibre.

Yeah I hope so, still a few years to mould him into a top player, I just need an injury free season from him and I'm sure this time next season his screenshot will show a lot of improvement.

I'd get him being tutored by Champion if I were you. Even if he has been before. Marques has been tutored by Cardoso three times now and each time it does some good.

There are some times when i actually feel that the game is designed to make you mad. I'm playing Young Boys away in EURO Cup and we are 2-0 ahead. They go ahead and injure my best player in that game and after that they injure the replacement as well and score 2 goals after that. Seriously...

EDIT: Crap. Man Utd just matched Gavranic release clause of 20M Euros. When will i learn....

I'd get him being tutored by Champion if I were you. Even if he has been before. Marques has been tutored by Cardoso three times now and each time it does some good.

The option is frustratingly never there. I can get Champion to tutor players, and even when Roger has not been tutored by anyone for a while (the last guy I paired him up with saw his determination drop 5 points!) his name isn't one that I can select. Champion would be perfect, he's a model professional and would bring out the best in Roger. But for some reason, I cannot pair the 2 up.

Anyone else sufferred a prob like this?

Well I think the FM gods read my season report, I've finally been able to increase my youth recruitment, it's now "established". Can't wait until March 8th!...for another disappointment likely!

Dr Poods I hope you finished it off, quite a few of us now in France, it has to be the most popular choice of country for the challenge at the minute.

aldojags- What are Champion and Roger's squad status? The tutor has to have a higher squad status than the tutored. Have they been paired together before and did it end well? Has one of them rejected tutoring with the other at any point?

Roger is still young enough to fulfill his potential even if he has stalled slightly. A couple of injury free seasons will have him right back on track I am sure.

WOW, so much progress here. I have been a bit frustrated with my saves lately, and have decided I need something fresh, so I have headed off to the Careers Forum for a freshen up. And I am campaigning Behind the Iron Curtain, I will still drop in and check on the thread, but I just need something else.

Archived