FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Well for France i have now uploaded 14 of the possible 23 teams in saves if anyone is looking, just going to keep doing holidays in Scotland when doing other things now. But back to Parla for me now...a quick glance at the table:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team              |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   |
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Conquense         |       | 15    | 9     | 4     | 2     | 27    | 14    | +13   | 31    | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Valencia Mestalla |       | 15    | 9     | 3     | 3     | 40    | 23    | +17   | 30    | 
| 3rd   |       | Parla             |       | 15    | 9     | 3     | 3     | 33    | 19    | +14   | 30    | 
| 4th   |       | Castilla          |       | 15    | 8     | 5     | 2     | 36    | 17    | +19   | 29    | 
| 5th   |       | Hospitalet        |       | 15    | 7     | 6     | 2     | 29    | 16    | +13   | 27    | 
| 6th   |       | Albacete          |       | 15    | 7     | 6     | 2     | 24    | 13    | +11   | 27    | 

| 16th  |       | Gandía            |       | 15    | 3     | 5     | 7     | 13    | 22    | -9    | 14    | 

I'm pretty happy with that effort so far, unbelievable to me that we have managed to make it to this point in 3rd...still 23 games to go though so it could all fall apart. 16th is in the table to show the relegation playoff slot.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking very good LLR! How many teams get promoted directly and through playoffs in that division again?

Forum curse has hit me again, hard. After a loss and a draw my assistant suggested a team-meeting. Worst idea ever. 90% of the team went from very good or superb down to abysmal and very poor morale. 1-1-5 win-draw-loss for the last 7 matches since then. And now we need help to have a chance on 2nd place. Annoyed! :mad: But we're probably not ready for the top division anyways, so maybe it's for the better. Crossing fingers for a miracle return of form, but with 2 matches left and 3p up it looks like we're in for another season down here.

Looking very good LLR! How many teams get promoted directly and through playoffs in that division again?

The top 4 teams go into the playoffs across all four divisions, 1st Placed meet each other (2 Winners Promoted), 2nd teams face 4th teams, 3rd teams meet each other. The two losers of the 1st placed games fall down and go into a knockout with the 6 winners from the other games and two more promoted from there. (Got it?)

Forum curse has hit me again, hard. After a loss and a draw my assistant suggested a team-meeting. Worst idea ever. 90% of the team went from very good or superb down to abysmal and very poor morale. 1-1-5 win-draw-loss for the last 7 matches since then. And now we need help to have a chance on 2nd place. Annoyed! :mad: But we're probably not ready for the top division anyways, so maybe it's for the better. Crossing fingers for a miracle return of form, but with 2 matches left and 3p up it looks like we're in for another season down here.

Good Luck Ohanzee, hopefully you can turn around the run of form, I had a bad experience with my first team meeting as well...Building in the lower division can often be a better overall for advancement later.

Vikeologist's Post-Appointment Report

Fans of East Stirlingshire today reacted with shock and dismay at the news that Vikeologist, the winner of the reality TV show Big Apprentice Idol, has been appointed manager of their club, despite having no experience in professional football.

'I'm a winner," Vikeologist, who wore a crown throughout the press conference announced, adding 'I win things'.

Asked whether he would be bringing in experinced or young, promising players, he said, 'I'll be looking for players that excite me, that have the X-factor. I just want to sign winners, but obviously I won't be signing anyone really old, like over 25.'

As to whether he would be getting rid of existing players and staff, he said, 'I've seen a couple of people wandering around in football shirts and tracksuits. That's not a winning way to dress. Winning begins in taking pride in your appearance. Now if you'll excuse me I have a interview with Heat magazine.'

Manager Profile

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/catchandcarry/EastStirlingshireOverview_Profile.png

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/catchandcarry/ScottishThirdDivisionOverview_Stages.png

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/catchandcarry/AndrewRamsayOverview_Information.png

Having problems with doing the short versions of the links. Sorry.

Good Luck Vikeologist...

For the team logo, I would suggest uploading it to photobucket first and then putting it in as an image here, uploading straight from your machine seems to cause issues...

Also for links, I generally type up what I want, then highlight that and use the link button to link it :)

Good Luck Vikeologist...

For the team logo, I would suggest uploading it to photobucket first and then putting it in as an image here, uploading straight from your machine seems to cause issues...

Also for links, I generally type up what I want, then highlight that and use the link button to link it :)

yep, for some reason, just not working. I always have formatting problems posting to this site. I don't know if it's a Great Firewall of China thing, or just some weird gremlin. Maybe it will work for my next post.

Casa Pia Atlético Clube - Season Review 2013/14

3rd in Second League (pred: 16th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

It started slow with just 2 wins in the first 8 matches. 3 of those were also draws though and we were jumping up and down just below mid-table. Then we went on a 13 game unbeaten run taking us right into the fight for the top 2 promotion places. We even were top of the table for one round. Then it all went wrong as I explained in an earlier post with a horrible team meeting and we never managed to turn it around. Even with our horrible form, a win at home in the last match of the season would actually have given us promotion. Sadly we only managed a 1-1 draw and Estoril took the 2nd place instead. Close but no cigar.

Taca de Portugal (fixtures)

Great run to the 5th round, including a 2-0 win over one of the big 3, Sporting CP. Gil Vicente was to strong in the 5th round.

League Cup (fixtures and table)

Horrible performance here, not much more to say.

The Squad (ratings)

Some new stars this season as you can see from the ratings. Two new strikers in particular.

Lapa (SC) - The young Brazilian was simply brilliant all season scoring a goal per match, and I really hope we can keep him.

Ralf Christ (SC) - If only he was a bit quicker I think he'd be close to Lapa. Still his other skills gave him 15 goals in 28. Job well done.

Igor (DC) - My best defender this season without doubt. He was injured the last 5 weeks of the season and I can't help wonder ...

Raoul Esseboom (DC) - Igors partner in the heart of our defense.

I also want to mention Mauricio as the most wasted talent of the season. The few games he got he was great, but 4 injuries for a total of 14 weeks kind of killed his season.

I will let a lot of players go as their contracts run out to free up wages for new signings, but I hope to keep the core.

The Club

Finances are still looking bad even after being awarded £435k for our league position. I already mentioned that our biggest expense is actually staff wages, which kind of surprised me. Everyones contract is running out though, so I have a chance to do something about it. Some I'll want to keep though. Interestingly my own wages just went from £1.4k a week to just £525 a week after I was offered a new contract. That's fine with me. Our average attendance also increased a lot to 3,147 this season.

I kind of screwed up this season, but at least I've learned not to tinker with team meetings when morale is already good. If I can keep hold of our key players from this season and bring in some better options in certain positions I hope we can fight for promotion next year, but I don't think I'll tell my board that.

[b][u][color=Blue]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	TACA		L-CUP		Europe		NOTES[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]12/13[/b]	2DC	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	4th round   	-		-		Promoted
[b]13/14[/b]	2L	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s2tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	5th round	1st phase	-		So close...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color=Blue]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Portuguese Second Division (Central)[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/CasaPia/s1tab.jpg"]12/13[/url]

Hehe, yea I think I remember it now. Looks like you're in for an exciting season.

I forgot to mention that our next game out was away to the top team Conquense, well a great effort by Manu & Memo (Including a penalty miss by Marrero) saw us win 3-0, and move to the top of the table (Though Valencia B have a game in hand 3pts back)

Just 2 games left to play now, against 6th and 3rd, i'm in 4th. So really i can't lose any of the games or i'll end up missing out on the play-offs, but it also depends on the team in 5th, if they lose i'd be ok :p Will most likely have the end of season update done at some point today.

Lost the first game 3-0, Won the second game 3-1 (was 1-0 down), meaning i'm in the play-offs.

afyonkarahisarspor(1).jpg

Afyonkarahisarspor - End of Season 2012/13

Squad | Club Info | Finances

League: (Finished 4th)

Things started quite well but as the season went on i struggled a bit more and lost some games i really should have won, mainly against the bottom teams. I did however just make it into the play-off places, which exceeded mine and the boards expectations.

Play-offs: (Lost in Quarter Final)

Unfortunately didn't go too well as i lost 2-1 against Alanyaspor meaning my chances of promotion were gone already. Hopefully i can do a bit better next season.

Turkish Cup: (Lost in 3rd Round)

I thought i did ok in the cup as the board just wanted me to have a go. But i got to the 3rd round, beating a team from the First Division on the way.

Transfers

Brought in 9 players overall, all free or loans. Pretty pleased with most of them, but Ramazan Erarslan, Evren Erdeniz and Mustafa Ozkaya the best of the bunch. There is a few positions i'm hoping to get new players for and already have a new DC coming in, Hakan Cevik.

Overall

I'm pleased with the season overall and only slightly disappointed i didn't get promoted. But because i've exceeded expectations i'm currently Untouchable. Finances are the only problem with the club at the moment, we are 55k up, but i'm sure that'll go down as soon as players get their wages a few more times, which started off at £2k and are now at £10k(includes staff).

I'm a little confused at the teams estimated value, it's gone from £110k to £1.1m

History

[b][u]Season[/u]       [u]League[/u]           [u]Pos.[/u]    [u]Cup[/u]          [u]Europe[/u]     [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
12/13        Turkish Div.2    4th     3rd Round    ------     Reaching Play-offs

Well done Charlesbeams that's a lot better than I managed... Finished pre-season improving every area in Machicos squad, or so I thought... got battered 4-1 and 3-0 in my first two league matches. Losing interest already :/

Well done Charlesbeams that's a lot better than I managed... Finished pre-season improving every area in Machicos squad, or so I thought... got battered 4-1 and 3-0 in my first two league matches. Losing interest already :/

Cheers, if you look back in the thread i started off in France and i only managed 1 win in something like 18 games, only scoring about 7 goals. I gave up and tried another country and this time it went well and i'm trying to take my time with things a bit more too.

Don't know how I didn't see it before but having just looked at the Second Division B2 Table I spotted both Barcelona B and Racing Santander B in addition to the teams of Osasuna B and Bilbao Athletic who were there last season. I think that could be two losses tere but you never know.

I usually try out a challenge with FM, so after just reading along last year, thought I would give it a go this time.

I've opted for Germany and...

877202.png

KSV Hessen Kassel

The side is based in the city of Kassel (population around 200,000) in the state of Hesse.

Brief recent history from Wiki:

Those runs at the Bundesliga in the 80's, alongside an advance to the quarter final of the German Cup in 1991, represent the apex of the team's achievement. The club was bankrupted in 1993 and the football side set off on its own as FC Hessen Kassel. They too had financial problems and in 1998 also found themselves bankrupt, but this time plunged all the way down to Kreisliga Hessen A (VIII). Kassel began their recovery by going unbeaten over the course of the next two seasons and advanced to the Oberliga Hessen (IV) which they won in 2005–06 to earn a promotion to the Regionalliga (III). In 2007–2008 they failed to qualify for the new 3rd Liga, so they remain in the Regionaliga Süd, which is now tier four.

And so the important screenshots:

Manager profile 1

Manager profile 2

Team Overview

Facilities

Kassel Info

I have actually got underway... I had a full squad, although some with contracts due to expire - so I let all but one of those players go. I have brought in 8 players - 7 of them straight into the first team squad.

It looks like I have a decent enough side - although lacking quite a bit in pace. I am optimistic of a solid first season in the Third Divison.

The stadium is also a very decent size at around 18,000 capacity - so I expect that should keep us going for a good few years. Although disappointingly it does have an athletics track around it IRL - so I hope we build a better one at some point :)

Oh and thanks for the kit links on the OP. I have added the kits into the game and its looking good now :thup:

Cheers, if you look back in the thread i started off in France and i only managed 1 win in something like 18 games, only scoring about 7 goals. I gave up and tried another country and this time it went well and i'm trying to take my time with things a bit more too.

I might give it another go, but I know Machico IRL and I really wanted to take them to success :(

150px-AS_Cannes_New_Logo.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/ASCannesOverview_Profile.png

Greetings all. I've taken the task of guiding this lowly French team to...hopefully...the top of the food chain in French, European and world football.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/BlackDevilOverview_Profile.png

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/BlackDevilNews_ASCannesHireBlackDevil.png

My new office is located less than 1km from the coast:

th_StadePierredeCoubertinCannes.png

I think the chairman is the ambitous sort:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/BlackDevilNews_Expectations.png

The squad:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/AssociationSportiveCannesFootballTeamReport_SquadDepth.png

The transfers:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/1sttransferwindow.png

Only Samir Hadji & Charles Boteng are my signings....I think...can't remember if it was both or just Hadji....

The season so far:

I've played 11 games so far and i've been amazed at the start. Seems the chairman's expectations are realistic.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/11gamesgone.png

I've never done a career in CM/FM before that's started so low down the pecking order. So I don't know if I'm going to stay with one club or if it'll turn into a journeyman career should I be approached to manage a bigger club and temptation wins...or any club should I be sacked :)

So far it's been fun.

edt: I forgot to mention that the board arranged for Bologna to be a parent club which came as a surprise. No players loaned from them as yet though.

Quick update

Despite the fact we are newly promoted to the Second League - we have taken the league by storm and sit atop the table comfortably a third of the way through the season.

This is actually quite unexpected to me, there are clearly some players that can play at this level, but to be undefeated is actually quite shocking. And to be completely honest, I didn't want a promotion this year, I would prefer to stay in the Second League and build for an eventual push to the top flight. But with our current form I might not get much say in the matter! I'm also usually not this good at FM, so maybe Portugal agrees with me? Or after posting this I'll go on a terrible run and just avoid relegation ;).

I'd also like to figure out what I'm doing so well! FM never fails to amaze

</humblebrag>

One of the things I noticed in FM11 was that the skill gap between the regional leagues and the Liga de Honra isn't at all big. In fact, the jump to Liga Sagres isn't all that huge either. I didn't start noticing much of a class gap until I had to play against one of the "big 3" teams.

torpedo_armavir.gif

Torpedo Armavir - Winter Break Update 12/13

Well it has been quite an eventful first half of the season and it ended in a good run of results that brought us up out of the mire. After a pretty pointless pre-season, in which the new signings could only appear once due to the season beginning after 10 days of the transfer window opening, the team struggled to do anything worthwhile on the pitch too.

The season started with a record of 1 win, 4 draws and 7 defeats in the first 12 games, which was a 1-0 against fellow relegation candidates Spartak Kostroma and that solitary goal was part of only 7 goals scored in that sequence. Then somehow with a surprise win against a high flying Shinnik side turned all of that rubbish aside and we only recorded 2 more defeats in the next 11 games and manged to score in every game on our way to 6 more wins.

League Table

Hopefully now being ahead of the relegation spots by 5 points means that the team can push on and not slip back into them, because the team were second bottom for what seemed like forever and I felt that gap was going to widen to a point that it would be insurmountable.

Many of the players have been hit and miss but the two players that deserve a special mention are:

Welkinho - After he recovered from injury the team started to show some attacking potential and the results got better, also top goalscorer and assist leader.

Igor Lutovinov - Good young defender, Welkinho seems to find him often at corners.

For the rest of the season I am hoping that we will be able to keep it steady and avoid relegation, I don't think that we will challenge anywhere near the top. Also the schedule changes after the winter break so that there are occasional 7 day breaks between games which I haven't had yet, I think the games have been played every Saturday and Wednesday without fail up to this point which means the squad are rotated very often.

Ohanzee - Nice update, shame to have missed out on promotion on the final week. Still, looks like you have some young talent to build around

Charlesbeams - Good season, promotion on the cards next season?

Supermas2 - Looks like Kassel could be a nice little sleeping giant, good luck in Germany!

Blackdevil - Cannes looks like a fun club, lots of history but no real success, though they are really putting the pressure on by asking for promotion at the first time of asking. Though off to a great start :applause:

Flashman - Off to a decent start in Russia, it's got to be a tough league with all of those relegation spots. Still, some nice young talent to build around

Charles - A nice season, a bit of consolidation can be good for you, and at least you know you can compete. I love the look of Mustafa Ozkaya, solid in all the right places.

Almondo - Don't write them down as losses, the B teams do sometimes have very weak sides. I have Valencia B, Zaragoza B, & Castilla (RM) and feel I can compete with them.

Supermas - Welcome aboard and good luck with Hessen Kassel, its nice to start with a stadium as well. You're welcome to the kits, I just think it adds an extra dimension to the game.

Mafino - Having played on the islands a couple of times on FM11 I can tell you it was really tough to attract players out to the team. I got sacked from Machico in my 2nd season, and then by another team as well. But if you go slow and steady and build a team to avoid relegation then work upwards it is possible. Iacovone had a great game out there in FM11 (7 seasons in the 2DB though).

Blackdevil - Welcome aboard and good luck with Cannes, hopefully you can go on to dominate Ligue 1.

Flashman - That's a pretty good first half there, sitting above relegation, you just need to keep the current form on track rather than the old stuff.

I cant seem to get into the Portugal save., so im sad to say I will be retracting my participation in this thread.

Good luck to everybody else though!

Supermas - Welcome aboard and good luck with Hessen Kassel, its nice to start with a stadium as well. You're welcome to the kits, I just think it adds an extra dimension to the game.

Thanks. I played a game on FM11 with Leamington - and got to around 2020 in League 1 but was stuck with a stadium of only 1500 and despite a new one being apparently approved it never got built for whatever reason - so hopefully I shouldn't have that frustration with this game!

Cheers Amethyst21 - they do look like they could be a sleeping giant. We've averaged 7,724 in the few games I've played so far which is the 6th highest in the division - so there should definitely be a fanbase there if success can be delivered.

First game went quite well too :eek: : http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m52/supermas_2006/KasselvWerderIIInformation_Overview-2.png

But they did also lose 4-0 and 5-0 in their next two games too, so a bit of a combination of luck and them being shocking at set-pieces!

Good luck to everyone else too!

Academico_Viseu-logo-8720C6F1DA-seeklogo.com.gif

Academico de Viseu F.C. 2013-2014 Season Report

League : After promotion from the second division last year, I was hoping for a season of consolidation before embarking on a promotion chase the following year. However a fantastic start gave hope that we would be quickly and easily on our way to the top flight. However, the forum curse struck and immediately our form dipped, so that after gaining 28 points in 10 games, we gained only 28 points in the final 20 games. It all game down to the final game, and we needed a result against Beira-Mar or for results to go our way. Beira-Mar hammered us 5-0 to clinch their promotion, however both Trofense and Leioxes failed to gain the necessary points to overtake us and we were up! Quite an achievement as we spent the fewest amount on wages, however we had good attendance for the division

I was of course, praised for leading the club to the promised land of the top flight

Cups : Nothing much to write home about

Key Players:

Tiago - Club captain and solid performer at left back

Simoes - Played at right back this year, though he's still not truly comfortable there. Still a good season.

Nion - A bit of a sob story here as Nion was going to be a key player and was on fire during the league cup (5 in 3 games) but broke his foot in a game, was out for 5 months and was never the same. His attributes are way down and despite me telling him that he has to improve to stay in the first team, he's fallen way off. Sad because Nion was going to be a key performer for the team, now he's expensive deadwood.

Leitao - Our main goalscoring threat, Leitao was outstanding. 15 goals from 28 starts is a great record. I don't know if he's cut out for the top league but will be given a shot

Krivokapic - My big Serbian defender was offered to me by an agent and I was glad he did, great season and great prospect

De Cuyper - Decent winger

Abdou - Midfield general, lacks strength and stamina to compete at the next level I fear

Vracevic - Star midfield man. Scout found him in Croatia without a team! Almost certainly the best player at the club

Assis - Our number 1. A few bad games but generally solid.

Transfers - All free transfers, haven't spent a dime on a player yet

Finances - Looking good after the prize money from the Second Division came in

Youth - Suprisingly there were some decent youth candidates coming through this year. I signed 4 but Santos and Sergio appear to be the most promising. Santos has the higher ceiling but his attributes are all over the player, Sergio looks like he could be a decent winger

Next Season: I think we are in trouble. The club was promoted too soon, and there isn't a whole ton of talent around. I have two options, sign a bunch of youngsters, play them and assume i'd get relegated, however it should build me a core of players that I can come right back up with. The other option is to loan in a bunch of players and claw and scrape for survival in the top flight. My preference would be to buy the youngsters, however the board told me I should avoid relegation, so I fear the sack if I do this. Could be an interesting season

My starting right winger has got himself a three game ban for a nasty tackle. Moron means the 34 yr old or the 16 yr old is going to have to play there now.

LLR I know I shouldn't write them off as losses but I just get this feeling they will be. Ah well you never know till you play them.

Things have steadily improved for me and Seregno, were not going to be be getting one of the playoff spots but more importantly we are not goin to be relegated or have to go through a playout. Mid-Table obscurity.

Anyway my main striker, Christian Spampatti, has just scored a goal which i thought i would never see in this game let alone from a player in such a low league. Hopefully there is a video below to demonstrate!

[video=youtube_share;kRkiBfNqAtY]

Charlesbeams - Good season, promotion on the cards next season?

Cheers, hopefully yeah, but i won't be disappointed if i stay in the league really.

Charles - A nice season, a bit of consolidation can be good for you, and at least you know you can compete. I love the look of Mustafa Ozkaya, solid in all the right places.

Thanks, yeah i think going straight up wouldn't have been that great either, i'd have most likely gone straight back down. Yeah, i think i was pleased with him most of the 3 better signings. Unfortunately it was Erarslan who took the fans favourite and the first name in favoured personnel for the club.

Couple of things i forgot to mention, we are predicted 8th in the league this season, and i've been put into Group A with some new teams i haven't played against before.

Also we sold 998 season tickets this season, 194 more than last season, hopefully the attendance will rise more as the season goes on. I did get 8k in the stadium for a friendly against Fenerbahce, most i'll get for some time i think.

4 games into the new season, 2 won, 1 drawn and 1 lost, not a bad start really.

Ohanzee - so close but perhaps another season of team building will be more beneficial in the long run. :)

Charlesbeams - a good first season there and I'll be happy if I can match that. Nice to see an increased budget for next season as well. As for the increase in club value, I wonder if it may be to do with the new stadium.

Supermas2 & blackdevil - best of luck in Germany and Italy!

Amethyst21 - wow! Best of luck in the top flight. I hope it's not a step too far. My experience of Portugal in FM10 was that the bottom half sides in the Liga Sagres (or whatever it's called now) were about the same level as those in the Second League. The big problem was that none of the top teams were willing to lend a 'divisional rival' their players. :rolleyes: We stayed up though!

Cheers for the welcome guys :) Cannes does seem to be a club with a good foundation to build from. I think the previous manager deserves credit as I've just picked a team and it's started off so well. No doubt I'll hit some patchy form soon enough to mix it up a little as I'm a little disappointed to be doing so well...was hoping for a scrap challenging for promotion.

Blackdevil - Welcome aboard and good luck with Cannes, hopefully you can go on to dominate Ligue 1.

Not out of the National yet so not counting my chickens too soon....but it's looking good early doors.

Supermas2 & blackdevil - best of luck in Germany and France!

:)

Had a bit of a wobble recently, drawn a couple of games and conceded two golas as well. \o/ The millstone of not conceding has been lifted.

Great opening post, very inspiring especially thanks for the honorable mention from FM09. Great memories with Monsanto so I'm currently holidaying in Portugal for another crack at the Liga Sagres. Hopefully this season I'll get enough time to see it through and post lots of updates :)

Des Tiny's AD Parla

parla.png

Mid-Season 2012/13

Second Division B3

February 1st Update

2nd Division B3

This season has been a bit of a surprise to me, when I was signing players my aim had always been that we would fight for avoiding relegation or at best to be in the mid table fight and managing to stay here for two seasons. After a few games I thought maybe we had a chance to set ourselves up for a promotion shot this season, so I have started to bring in some guys who should be able to do it at Liga Adelante level as well as at the current level. We have already scored 50 goals in our first 22 games, while only conceding 32. This says to me I need to work on the defense a little bit, so that is something going forward.

My Star of the Half: Cristo Marrero

Good Results: vs Avila 5:1, vs Sporting Mahones 4:2

Bad Results: at Hospitalet 1:5, at Valencia B 1:4

Big goals in the Avila game, and a huge come back in the Mahones game delighted me, those are the exact sort of results I love to see. The Hospitalet & Valencia games were just terrible, we need to work out how to beat some of the top teams.

The Table

| Pos   | Inf   | Team              |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Valencia Mestalla |       | 22    | 14    | 4     | 4     | 56    | 31    | +25   | 46    | 
| 2nd   |       | Parla             |       | 22    | 13    | 5     | 4     | 50    | 32    | +18   | 44    | 
| 3rd   |       | Hospitalet        |       | 22    | 12    | 6     | 4     | 44    | 22    | +22   | 42    | 
| 4th   |       | Albacete          |       | 22    | 11    | 7     | 4     | 37    | 22    | +15   | 40    | 
| 5th   |       | Castilla          |       | 22    | 11    | 6     | 5     | 47    | 32    | +15   | 39    | 

Relegation Playoff Spot
| 16th  |       | Alicante          |       | 22    | 5     | 10    | 7     | 27    | 34    | -7    | 25    | 

Spanish Cup

We are not entered in the cup this year...

The Transfers

Since September 1st

In Brief

In: 9 Players (Free)

Out: 10 Players (€8k)

Loans: 1 Player (No Fee)

Wages Total: €14,668 (p/w)

Wage Budget: €15,421 (p/w)

Remaining Transfers: €0

New Signings

First Team

|-------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| Player            | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
|-------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| [url="http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4579/emrahyetginoverviewprof.png"]Emrah Yetgin[/url]      |  AMR/ST  | Free  | He is cover for our strikers, and can also play |
|                   |          |       | on the right good choice, and huge future.      |
| [url="http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5294/steevenwillemsoverviewp.png"]Steeven Willems[/url]   |   DLC    | Free  | He is straight into the centre of defense we    |
|                   |          |       | really needed cover and support for Dumast.     |
| [url="http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9832/jossoverviewprofile.png"]Jose Sa[/url]           |    GK    | Free  | The new back-up keeper, our 40yr old Icon was   |
|                   |          |       | past it. So a young guy with potential.         |
| [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6762/alessioinnocentiovervie.png"]Alessio Innocenti[/url] |   MRC    | Free  | Italian youngster, Midfield Cover.              |
| [url="http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6929/ricardoalvesoverviewpro.png"]Ricardo Alves[/url]     |    MC    | Free  | Portuguese youngster, Midfield Cover.           |
| [url="http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1029/nunomalheirooverviewpro.png"]Nuno Malheiro[/url]     |    DL    | Free  | Portuguese youngster, Left Fullback Cover.      |
| [url="http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3172/franckgrosjeanoverviewp.png"]Franck Grosjean[/url]   |    MR    | Free  | Our new French superstar, even though Manu was  |
|                   |          |       | doing pretty good, I thought it could improve,  |
|                   |          |       | so here is the new right midfield straight in.  |
| [url="http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4286/taygunkuruoverviewprofi.png"]Taygun Kuru[/url]       |  DL/MLC  | Free  | Very versatile, can play with both feet, and is |
|                   |          |       | is a direct replacement for Juanma who was      |
|                   |          |       | starting to lose his way.                       |
| [url="http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8085/miguelherleinoverviewpr.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    |    ST    | Free  | Straight into the team and a goal on his debut. |
|                   |          |       | The Portuguese youngster looks like the perfect |
|                   |          |       | poacher for my team and will star from here.    |

Youth

|-------------------|----------|-------|------------------------------------------------|
| Player            | Position | Price | Comments                                        |

Future Transfers

Transfers Out

First Team

|---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| Player              | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
|---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| David Barrero       |   MRC    | Free  | Really not good enough. (Cornelia)              |
| Sergio Alcolea      |   MC     | Free  | Out he goes to cut wages. (Alzira)              |
| Lionel              |  MRL/ST  | Free  | A poor signing (Diter Zafra)                    |
| Pablo Ancos         |   GK     | Free  | [url="http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9873/destinynewsinboxs.png"]Club Icon[/url], Fans Hate me for sale. (Alzira)      |
| Pedrito             |   MC     | Free  | Just never really gelled into the side. (Ejea)  |
| Angel Luis Vega     |   DC     | Free  | Terrible. (Alzira)                              |
| [url="http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9614/butraoverviewprofile.png"]Butra[/url]               |   MLC    | €4.5k | Wasn't making the side. (Antequera)             |
| Juanfer             |   MR     | Free  | Not even close to team. (Ferrol)                |
| Vittin              |  DM/MC   | Free  | A young possible. (Pena Sport)                  |
| [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7033/hctorpeaoverviewprofile.png"]Hector Pena[/url]         |   DLC    | €3.5k | He did ok, Others are better. (Avila)           |

Youth

| Player              | Position | Price | Comments                                        |

Players out on Loan

|----------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| Player               | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
|----------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| Richi                |    MC    | None  | SF de Henares                                   |

Other News

When I signed Grosjean, I noticed this little gem, good to see that a player coming in has signed because of our league position.

Looking good so far LLR. :thup: Which teams get automatic promotion? Or do they all go into a play-off?

In Keçiörengücü's 20th league game of the season, we just had our first 0-0 draw. We have also kept bkac-to-back clean sheets for the first time this season! I think I identified the (somewhat obvious) reason we leaked goals earlier in the season after a bright start - my first choice DM has just returned to the side after a 3 month injury layoff. He provides much better cover for the defence than his back-up!

Looking good so far LLR. :thup: Which teams get automatic promotion? Or do they all go into a play-off?

All into playoffs. The top teams go against the other top teams from other groups, winners of those games promoted, losers into next round. The 2nd placed teams play 4th placed teams & 3rd placed teams play each other, those 6 winners + the 2 losers (From 1st placed matches) then enter the next round. Win two games and you are through from here...makes it tough, but we will keep pushing on.

In Keçiörengücü's 20th league game of the season, we just had our first 0-0 draw. We have also kept bkac-to-back clean sheets for the first time this season! I think I identified the (somewhat obvious) reason we leaked goals earlier in the season after a bright start - my first choice DM has just returned to the side after a 3 month injury layoff. He provides much better cover for the defence than his back-up!

Yeah that's probably the reason :p Glad you are looking at having a defensive record again, keep it up and push on.

Charlesbeams - That's a great season! Hope you can take it one step further next year.

Supermas2 - Best of luck in Germany!

blackdevil - Good luck in France!

Flashman\'s School Days - Good job turning things around! Hope you can continue that good form and stay well safe from relegation.

Amethyst21 - Big congrats! Playing with the big boys next season. Looks like we had very similar seasons once again, I just couldn't finish the job. :o Really well done! And good luck against the big 3! :cool:

StellaF1 - That's a brilliant goal!

TanO - Good to see you back! Hope you'll enjoy Portugal. Good luck!

LLR - Looking good. How many points do #6 have?

Bursa Niluferspor 2012/13 season review

Table | Transfers | Manager 1/2 | Club

Squad - Selection/General Info/Formation

Atilla Polat: He was released by Galatasaray at the end of last season, I thought he had a lot of potential and signed him up right away. He played every game of the season and despite letting in a lot of goals at times a good portion can be attributed to my defence, he did come second overall with clean sheets from both groups of the 2nd league. He started out at 2 star potential and raised to 2.5 so his progress is slow but he is young and can hopefully make Galatasaray regret letting him go one day.

Anil Sarak: When I arrived Sarak was about to go back to Bursaspor as his loan was almost finished, I decided to try my luck and asked them to extend the loan to the end of next season, they accepted and now I have him on loan for another season after this. A young and very capable defender with amazing potential, he started the season with a 3.5 star rating, now he has a 4.5 star rating.

Sonmez Uysal: He is one of my oldest players, he has reached his potential which is somewhat low but he has been one of my best performers this season and has rarely disappointed when he has played no matter which defensive position he has been put into, mainly the central role but sometimes forced to rb/lb due to injuries.

Fatih Turkmen: He was Bursas first choice right back last season and despite numerous signings in defence this season he continued to be first choice for my team, he suffered a lot of injuries so he did not play as many games as I would have liked, he is still young and able to develop a bit more so if he stays injury free he should be able to stay in the team, for now at least.

Cengiz Dilaver: Simply put, the best player of the season. He only played 2 games last season and I was in no hurry to extend that number this season, then injury hit my best midfielders, I took a risk and stuck the kid on the left wing and he was there for the rest of the season. He was setting up goals, scoring more than anyone else in the team and generally playing better than everyone else, ended up being on the shortlist for the 2nd division player of the season, I am still waiting to hear if he wins or not, his rating was 2nd best out of everyone from both groups. He started the season at 1.5 star potential and quickly rose to 3.5 star potential I have big hopes for the future for him, he is already a favoured personnel at the club the only other one being myself.

Gokhan Vuran: The fans were a little angry with me when the signing was first announced, they thought he would be a disruptive influence on the team, but I decided to stick with my free transfer and he rewarded me by staying injury free scoring some vital goals and assisting a couple too, he started on the right wing until injuries forced me to move him to a central role, he made it his own and started playing even better than previous games on the right.

Ismail Sonmez: Released by Gaziantepspor at the end of last season and my scouts made me aware of his 5 star potential so I quickly signed him before anyone else got the chance, he was only 4.5 silver stars when he arrived so naturally he was not given much of a chance but just after December my coaches told me his progress had stalled due to not playing enough matches so I decided to give him a match or 2 as his rating had moved to 1 star, he did not manage to become a regular starter before the end of the season but as he is now 2.5 star rating it may not be too much longer before he is.

Levent Tuncel: Another player brought to my attention by my scout, told he had a 5 rating and would normally have ignored as he was with another club, luckily for me it was an amateur club so he was signed for low pay and without compensation, he came in during the January transfer window and only played 10 games as sub to help him get some match experience in, he did not do anything spectacular but he made no mistakes either so there is potential for the future.

Mesut Eslik: Started out as my first choice left winger, he does play better in a central role but I had better rated players there, so with injuries he started covering my right wing and was left there due to the rise of Dilaver as my god like left winger, he only made slight improvements over the season but has the potential to be a good player, out of my attacking midfielders he is most likely to be replaces for this season but I have more pressing concerns so he is likely to stay.

Timur Dosmagambetov: Was going to be my number one choice for striker this season but sadly he got injured for a good portion of the season, he came back for a short while and got injured again, before his injuries he was showing quality and starting to score, sadly he did not have much time at the end of the season to get a good load of matches together to get back into form, hopefully he can avoid injury for next season to we see what he can do, he was a Khazak international before his injury.

Finances: I may have went a little crazy with my free transfers, too many were signed for somewhat big money and ended up not being good enough to be given a chance or having played a couple of games and being a flop, luckily I only signed most of my flops for 1 season so they will be gone at the end of June, low attendance (ave. 611) meant we did not bring in enough to cover my signings and we constantly lost money for all but 1 month of the season, I will have to cut the wage bill by around 2-3k for the coming season if I am going to break even next season so around 6k will have to leave if I will have enough to spare for a new signing or 2 to help me stay in the 1st division.

Competitions 1/2: I crashed out of the cup in the 3rd round to a 1st division side in an away match after beating another at home in the first round, I cannot help but feel I could have got through if I had been at home 3rd round too as my home form was a lot better than my away form, even when I won away matches I seemed to struggle and get lucky a lot. In the league the team took a while to settle, I was trying out a lot of new players and that probably didn't help, we got some easy first matches that boosted Morale and helped us get a run of form going but we struggled badly away from home. Injuries early on forced me to use some players who while not high with star ranks managed to keep their place in the team due to their amazing displays on the pitch which players with more stars disappointed, November was tough as we ran into some quality teams at the higher end of the league, once a tough December was over in which we won just 1 out of 4 league games I changed things up a little, I started using more youth players with good potential and got away from the older higher rated players, by the time the youth hit their form around the end of February the team was looking nearly unstoppable and managed to go the rest of the season unbeaten to take the league by 2 points on the last day of the season.

All in all I think Turkey is a good place to go, it is easy and yet hard, there are a lot of talented youth players released to give you a good team to start with once you come up, it lets you challenge right away but you still need to be careful with the wage bill, I was given a generous one and went a little too crazy which led me into debt even though I was under budget. The bad thing about this league which can make it hard, the players tend to kick lumps out of each other, you will get a lot of cards and injuries playing in this league, there have been times I went down to 8-9 players not just due to players getting sent off, I would get a player sent off, then after 60-70 minutes when I had used all my subs ( a lot of the time due to slight injuries I did not want to get worse) the other team seemed to foul a lot more, get a ton of yellow cards then injure my players seriously enough to get 1-2 taken off with no more subs to replace them.

I will be releasing a lot of players (also my scout who is refusing to sign a new contract) to free up some of the wage bill to let me make a few necessary signings, I need at least 1 defender, 1 possibly 2 central midfielders and a new striker who are capable of playing in the 1st division/super league. I am wanting to avoid relegation for the coming season and will avoid promotion as well, I know I am not prepared for the super league and neither are my younger players who I am trying to build the team around so if the unlikely happens and I find myself in a promotion spot I will be purposely losing some games to give my youth at least 1 more season to get better before I look to challenge for promotion.

Edit: you can tell the fans are not used to success if they have done this after only 1 season

2nd edit: My board have decided to add seats to the stadium, 3750 capacity will stay the same but it will go from a no seater to an all seater at a cost of £450k that I do not have, more debt, but seats may hopefully improve the attendance if the fans like to sit, promotion is likely to increase the fan numbers too with any luck.

LLR - good season there mate - setting the bar for me. looks like you've found a good squad there. not sure about the Liga BBVA mention???

Charlesbeams - good season there mate. hopefully you can go further next season.

Supermas2 & blackdevil - good luck with your careers.

Amethyst21 - congrats mate! fantastic. good luck next season. how do you think your current squad will do?TanO - welcome back. good to see you here again. there are some players in Portugal now. it's the place to be!

Veriloquent - congrats on the league win. fantastic. good to see people having success in turkey.

Ohanzee -unlucky mate - sure you'll manage it next season though.

Ohanzee & rlipscombe - Cheers, things are going ok at the moment, currently in a play-off place but there are still 15 games to go.

Good to know my players think i should be offered a new contract after some news items claimed i might end up leaving at the end of the season.

ChrisSmallNews_Inbox-7.png

LLR - good season there mate - setting the bar for me. looks like you've found a good squad there. not sure about the Liga BBVA mention???

Hmmm no idea why I didn't edit that out (Was from my Haro updates), as for finances, I have had 125k injected by board already, fighting bankruptcy here.

Archived