FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

PRDH - Possibly the best opponents you could get in the quarters apart from Benfica, but yeah that semi-final looks tough..

aldojags - Do you think he will reach his PA with that attitude? What is his determination like? I personally would chuck him...

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's 20, determination 19! The funny thing is he has 4.5 PA, but is only worth 65k. But his stats could lead to him being fantastic player. But thats 2 games I've had him unavailable. Think I'll get rid, zero tolerance for that nonsense! Hahaha.

See on scouting reports for next team we play, when the stars are next to opposition players, is that their rating for the league they are in, for their rating for the club they are. I'm about to play PSG, but all their players are 3.5 at most, but they are a fantastic team.

aldojags - Let's have a look at this guy. See how good he is! I think the stars relate to how good they are in relation to the rest of the team. I think.

Radovan Malina. Problem is he has obvious fantastic potential, but thats twice he's missed a game due to being out the night before. If he was delivering on the pitch, I could live with it, but when he gets a chance, he doesn't do it. His only goals have been from pen spot. 2 assists to his name. I've got a 59k per week wage budget, he's 5k of it, missing games, i can't tolerate that no matter what his potential? what u think

I don't think that you will receive enough reward to satisfy getting rid of him, and could see it coming back to haunt you later on when he stars for your opponents.

I would try tutoring him with one of your Model Professionals, or even just a Professional and see if you can't help to turn him around a little bit.

Heroic, but perhaps slightly, Pyrrhic victory! Lost the first leg against Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield. Brought them back to Angra and beat them 2-0 after extra time. It's a great performance and we're into the semi final where we face Real Madrid. I think, basically, whatever vague hopes I had have evaporated though.

The Liverpool second leg was a hard-fought game, and by 'hard-fought' I mean they tried to kick us off the pitch. Tuominen, Bazan and Djokovic were all injured by Liverpool tackles and (and this is not so much their fault as mine) Cardoso got himself sent off, again.

They are all out injured for a couple of weeks, with them pencilled in to return just before the first leg of the Madrid game. Cardoso meanwhile will obviously miss the rest of the tournament with his suspension. Not happy. I can't see us getting past Madrid without him.

realab.png

Real Sport Clube – 2023/24 Liga Zon Sagres

Liga Zon Sagres

Media Prediction: 6th

Board Expectation: Top-Half

My Target: European Qualification

League Table: 4th ǁ Position Graph

This was a strange year in the league, all the big teams just seemed to drop more points. We were pretty awful in the beginning ourselves and only started playing a bit better towards the end of the season when we secured 4th place again, but a whole 15 points off top spot.

Europa League

Group H: 2nd ǁ Fixtures

A great campaign in which we knocked out some good sides. We eliminated FC Midtjylland and Leverkusen before being handed a tough group with HSV, Galatasaray and At. Madrid. I would have been happy to take a couple of points from the group, so I was delighted when we managed to get a whole 13 to qualify in second behind At. Madrid. Strong home performances in the last 32 and last 16 saw us knock out Osasuna and Werder Bremen. When we came up against Stuttgart we were unable to get the advantage at home and paid the price with a 4-2 defeat in Germany. Stuttgart went on to beat Man City at the Etihad Stadium in the final.

Taça de Portugal Millennium

Fixtures

Our first major trophy! We managed to get to the Semi-Finals with ease apart from a tricky game against Vit. Setúbal, settled in extra time. There were no big guns in the Semi-Finals as we played our bogey team Moreirense and Beira-Mar faced off Marítimo. I thought our luck was over when we lost the first leg at home 2-1, but we produced a brilliant display to overtun the deficit by beating Moreirense 2-0 in the return leg. The final was quite straight forward as we never gave Beira-Mar a chance and secured the title with a tidy 2-0 win.

Bwin Cup

Third Phase Group D: 1st ǁ Fixtures

The group stages were nice and easy as we scored eight, conceded none and won all three games. In the Semis we went to Alvalade to play Sporting and weren’t quite good enough, losing 3-2.

The Royals – Best XI

Transfers ǁ Squad 1 ǁ Squad 2

On the incoming front I initially only had room to bring in one player, Igor Platonov who came in to be one of our central defenders. But when Porto met Seyithan Bilir’s release clause it allowed me to bring in a couple of stronger players on loan.

GK: Buick – Regular at the club again and now a Portuguese international.

DR: Raymundo Gutiérrez – Came back into the first eleven with the departure of Seyithan. He did OK but I feel I need someone better to compete with the big boys.

DC: Igor Platonov – Was a decent addition, the Belarusian also becomes the first Real player to play at a major tournament, getting to the last 16 of the Euro.

DC: Vince Jordan – Another good season by Vince.

DL: Teté – Surprisingly in the end Teté remained and moved over to the left to cover the departure of Bilir. Seems happy at the club and it would be great to keep him.

DMC: Arturo Domínguez – Arturo had another solid season and is maturing nicely.

MC: Esteban Cardona – Keeps playing well regularly, can see him staying in the side a few more years.

MC: Jens Andersson – As expected he took over Cléber’s place. Was OK, nothing spectacular but did the job.

AMC: Clement Mazibuko / Luis Manuel Sánchez – Clement started the season in excellent form, really providing the strikeforce with plenty of ammunition. He got injured horribly around November though and was out for 6 months, almost the rest of the campaign. This left me short of AMC, which is when I brought in Luis Manuel, initially only as back-up. His performances were excellent though and he even kept out Clement when he came back from injury. Unfortunately he might prove too pricy to bring back to Real though.

ST: Yukinori Sugimoto –What a season by Yukinori. An amazing 35 goals scored, 19 of which in the league. He was chosen as the AFC Young Player of the Year and also the league’s best player. His runs were a menace to defences and there was absolutely no stopping him. Unfortunately Aston Villa met his asking price and took him away for € 7.75M, leaving me with the difficult task of replacing him.

ST: Milton – Milton was the pleasant surprise of the year as he had by far his most prolific season. The captain scored 25 goals, which included one in the final of the Taça to make him top goalscorer of the comptetion.

Other News

Finances – The sales of Seyithan and Sukinori combined with the massive amount of money made from the Europa League resulted in another profit and probably the first time ever that we went into the black!

The extra cash allowed us to make some much needed facilities improvements, as Training and Youth facilities are being upgraded and will be ready around November/December time. The biggest news however came when the board announced that the local council finally approved planning permission for us to move to the 22,875 capacity Real Stadium in a years’ time. We have had to take out another massive loan and are in a s. load of debt, but I am absolutely delighted as this was crucial for our growth as a club.

This Season Targets

1. Another top 5 finish. Yes – Hard work again but crucially we have done it.

2. Get to the Europa League group stages. Yes – and some more! Great campaign in the Europa League.

3. Reach a cup semi-final Big fat yes – almost reached all three cup semi-finals and even managed to win one!

Next Season Targets

1. Top 5 finish, but narrow the gap to top spot to less than 10 points.

2. Get past Europa League group stages again.

3. Find a replacement striker

We made massive steps in the right direction this season. Whilst our league campaign was anything but spectacular, we absolutely overachieved in all cup competitions, doing ourselves proud in Europe and getting our first piece of silverware. We are also on our way to become a top club in Portugal with all the facility improvements, plus I have been handed a major upgrade in the wage budget for the first time as the board raised it a whopping € 30k p/w to € 85k p/w! The key will be to find a top replacement for Sugimoto and a new full-back. I have already lined up a decent AMC for December and am planning on strengthening the squad a bit as I reckon our league campaign suffered considerably from our cup exploits.

Career Overview

Season       League                     Pos      Taça de Portugal     Bwin Cup        Europe             Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13      2. Divisão - Zona Sul      7th      First Round          N/A             N/A                None
2013/14      2. Divisão - Zona Centro   3rd      Second Round         N/A             N/A                None
2014/15      2. Divisão - Zona Centro   1st      Third Round          N/A             N/A                Promotion
2015/16      Liga Orangina              10th     Second Round         First Phase     N/A                None
2016/17      Liga Orangina              10th     Fourth Round         Second Phase    N/A                None
2017/18      Liga Orangina              8th      Runners-Up           First Phase     N/A                EL Qualification 
2018/19      Liga Orangina              2nd      Third Round          Second Phase    EL Group Stage     Promotion
2019/20      Liga Zon Sagres            9th      Fourth Round         Third Phase     N/A                None
2020/21      Liga Zon Sagres            7th      Fifth Round          Third Phase     N/A                None
2021/22      Liga Zon Sagres            3rd      Sixth Round          Third Phase     N/A                EL Qualification
2022/23      Liga Zon Sagres            4th      Sixth Round          Third Phase     EL 4th Qual Rnd    EL Qualification
2023/24      Liga Zon Sagres            4th      Winners              Semi-Final      EL Quarter-Final   EL Qualification

well done on the trophy corinthiano! first of many I'm sure mate. Glad to see Buick getting capped, he's just coming into the best time for a keeper I think, early 30's. Sugimoto was brilliant this year long may it continue. Good stuff bout the stadium too, it's all happening mate,exciting times ahead for u I think.

Yeah stick with him, he looks great. Don't think you can afford to take a tough line early on in the challenge. Just accept the alky for what he is and get promoted :D

I'm already in Ligue 1. Yeh I know I think I'll stick with it just incase, the boy likes a good time, hell if I was on 5k a week I'd be out all the time!

I'm exactly half way through my season, just about to finish winter break. Finally got board to give in and give me some funds. Used most of it to sign some bosmans, wait till u see some of these players...!

Sam Preston from Man U, looks a star already, can't believe I'm getting him for free! Can't believe we're attracting players of this quality.

Rui Silva from Real Madrid, also looks the part I'm sure you'll agree.

Lewis More from Hearts, fantastic stats, will only get better, and he's Scottish! :applause:

Bringing Juan in to shore up defence, add some experience to the back line. He's got 1 Italy cap too so obviously has decent pedigree

Emilio Nocera from Juve, another striker, (I play 433 so like to be top heavy with strikers), pacy, will score goals in my team I know it.

Signed this guy already, 17 yr old midfielder from Hadjuk, have a look see what u think, I think he's destined for greatness. Set me back £675,000.

In other news, our impressive first half of campaign (sitting comfortable mid table) as has us named team of the year, and me named manager of the year for Ligue 2 after winning us promotion last season. Odd thing about awards in France they give them end of calendar year instead of season!

Let me know what you think of my future arrivals, I'm excited by the quality of them, and the teams they are leaving to come to us, shows we're definitely on the rise! I've got 27 points after 19 games, so got 19 games more to get another 13 points to hit my target of 40 and stay up.

I. Can't. Quite. Believe. What. Just. Happened. As I said above, we got through to the semi final to face Real Madrid. The first leg saw us welcome them to Angra. I was not hopeful. We'd just come off a terrible league performance as we lost to give Porto a sniff at the title. We had 4 key first team players short of top fitness and Cardoso was suspended.

The first half was a pretty low key affair until the 44th minute when my right back (just returned from two months out injured) popped up with a header to make it 1-0. I was at this point still hoping to escape with a reasonable score. Imagine my glee when Bentalaa scored from the rebound of his own woodwork-halted shot to make it 2. Then, finally, as I was starting to think about bringing some defenders to protect what we had, Djokovic slid in to score our third.

A fantastic performance and we now surely have a real chance of getting to our first European final.

Edit - corinthiano - Nice season there. Congratulations on the Taca win. Nice to get your hands on that first bit of proper silverware. Fifteen points is a long way to be off top spot, but you just need a bit of luck/good performances and that gap will narrow significantly.

aldojags - Wow! They're some great players. You're going to have a stunning strike force! And if anything, I'm more excited about the Croatian midfielder than the rest - and that says something! Next year could be a very exciting one for you!

cheers guys, yes I'm quite eager to get to pre-season, get them in and see how I do next season. Need to stay up first, no use bringing in all these top players then going down! I'll be bankrupt! Still only averaging 3-4000 a match which is disappointing for a top half club I think? Well done PRDH on thrashing Real!

aldojags - agree with other comments - you have some great youngsters lined up to come in there. the young Croat looks a find in particular. good luck for the rest of the season.

PRDH - great result against Real. good luck for the second leg.

corinthiano - well done on getting the first trophy in the bag. the first of many. good luck breaking into the top 3 next season.

corinthiano - Good season. It'll be great to be playing in a real (both in name and in terms of size) stadium.

aldojags - Next season could be a very good one for you, all of those players look like they would be great for Ligue 1. I think your attendances will also increase in due time, how big is your stadium?

PRDH - Great performance against Real, especially when you were without Cardoso. Good luck for the second leg!

Second game against Real done and dusted. We drew 1-1 in Madrid to set up the final against Chelsea.

We've made the job harder for ourselves, My first choice left back as well as Joao Paulo are suspended for yellow cards so they will join Cardoso in watching from the stands.

PRDH good luck my son. 2 completions in a few days would be great

aldojags - Next season could be a very good one for you, all of those players look like they would be great for Ligue 1. I think your attendances will also increase in due time, how big is your stadium?

My stadium redevelopment is finished in 2 weeks, I'll move back into my own stadium, which is going to be 20,000 now.

I've got some good Novese news (which will definitely get overshadowed...!) - I managed to convince the board to extend the youth recruitment network again. It's now "well established" :cool:

It's the beginning of November FWIW. Maybe that's the time of year the option becomes available!? They said no initially until I said the level of ambition they're showing is poor. Success :)

iacovone - Your youth recruitment is now more extensive than mine. I've still not been given the option to expand mine. Edit - I've just checked, and it's now available. Upgraded. It's now 'established'. It's a relief to get that improved, because I've had such shoddy players through the youth set up so far...

corinthiano - Cheers!

iacovone - Your youth recruitment is now more extensive than mine. I've still not been given the option to expand mine. Edit - I've just checked, and it's now available. Upgraded. It's now 'established'. It's a relief to get that improved, because I've had such shoddy players through the youth set up so far...

corinthiano - Cheers!

Haha, glad I could help. Maybe some of my immense prospects will head your way instead ;)

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Season Summary - 2037/38

Finances

Key figure - £65,223,272 | Summary

Made a decent amount of money this year, this was a result of transfer income and prize money. The upshot is that we end the season with a very healthy bank balance

Club News

1/ Upgrade of youth facilities was completed in October keeping the facilities at the cutting edge of training.

2/ The Youth Recruitment network was extended, it's now 'established'.

3/ Fatima, my feeder team finished 11th in the Premier League.

4/ My other Second League feeder team, Oriental, won promotion this season, so there is a chance I'll have two feeder clubs in the top flight. A situation which surely must be against the laws of the game in real life.

5/ We overtook Italy last year in the coefficients and maintained that position this year which means four CL places for Portugal again next season.

Transfers | Transfers | Frees | Loans

Had a real clear out over the summer getting rid of a load of squad players who were decent but never going to really displace those in possession of the jerseys. Thus we lost a few of the Argentinians I bought cheaply (they went for a huge profit) as well as players lie Bule and Mahmoud who just didn't really cut it. The one transfers I didn't want to happen was that of Cláudio, who was, somewhat bafflingly, sold by the board. There were the usual raft of loans going out to feeder clubs.

As for those arriving, we replaced Cláudio with a Russian player who hopefully would mean we didn't suffer from the board's stupidity and then a couple of young players, a Bulgarian winger and a Senegalese striker. Then, in January, we further strengthened with a left back from Young Boys and an exciting Moroccan midfield prospect. Furthermore we snaffled a few promising players on free transfers including a young Portuguese striker from Braga who I've had my eye on for a couple of years, a Greek reserve goalkeeper and a Japanese midfielder who arrived and boosted our merchandising despite not making an appearance this season. We also brought in a couple of loan players, neither quite up to the standard of Enol last season, who, by the way, I agreed a fee for but then he wanted £100k/week so I withdrew my interest. We brought a young Cypriot right back in as something of a panic replacement for Cláudio and an interesting Mexican central defensive prospect whose loan runs until next January with a clause to make it permanent if he impresses me.

League | Predicted - 2nd (still...)

Table | Graph

We came out of the blocks this season in ridiculous form. We won our first 13 games, including away games at Porto, Sporting and Benfica, while only conceding four goals. This obviously saw us shoot out to an early lead and we never really looked like giving it up. Our form didn't stay so majestic all year, but we were never off top spot after we took it after the third game. In fact we actually took more points overall than we did in the year we went unbeaten. We eventually ended up losing a couple of games which allowed Porto back into contention, but realistically the title always looked like it would be our's again. That's now 16 consecutive league wins.

Once again the league was pretty predictable in the top spots. Porto took second, Sporting third and Benfica fourth to complete the Champions' League spots, while Espinho continued in their role as 'best of the rest' finishing 5th took take their place in the Europa League where they'll be joined by Beira-Mar who go into Europe in their first season back in the top flight.

Cups

A somewhat disappointing year in the domestic cups this time out. We lost the curtain raising Supertaça 2-0 against Porto and then we went out disappointingly against lower league opposition in the Taça de Portugal in the shape of Leça in the 5th round. We then went out of the League Cup in the group stage after failing to win a single game. I blame this lack of progress in the cup on the fact I put out even more second-string teams than normal without even the usual cup squad players like Mendes or other more established reservers. This meant we were often outgunned, still, I haven't cared about the domestic competitions seriously for around 15 years, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Europe

Group Stage | Table

Hoping rather than expecting more progress this time out we went into the group stages confident of progress from at least this stage as we were drawn in a reasonably straightforward group of Zenit, Basel and the only serious competition - PSG. Now, I'm not sure what was said to the players over the off-season, or whether someone had said something to annoy them, but they bulldozed the group completely. They played like men possessed as they first went to St Petersburg and dispatched Zenit 6-0, thinking that may be the high point we invited PSG to Angra and promptly put five unanswered goals past them too. Wondering what an earth was going on we welcomed Basel to Terceira too and put six past them too, again without conceding a goal. A staggering opening to the group stage and hope was building.

As the return figures started we went to Basel where we won 6-1 before Zenit came to the Azores and suffered the same fate, another 6-1 victory. In our final group game, with progress, and top spot, assured we took our foot off the gas a little and lost 2-0 to PSG in Paris. A disappointing end and one which renewed the doubt in my mind. All in all though, a series of utterly dominant performances put us through to the knockout stages.

First Knockout Round | 1st Leg | 2nd Leg

After our imperious form in the group stage I went into the tie with Besiktas reasonably confident, despite the fact we had never played them before. We had beaten better sides already, and comfortably. However, this confidence was tempered slightly by a torn hamstring for Cardoso. The leading man, who was at the heart of all that had gone well this season so far. He was definitely ruled out of this round, and potentially more of the competition.

We needn't have worried as a great performance saw us emerge from the first leg, played in Turkey, with a 6-0 victory. As far as I was concerned it was game over and chose to rest some of my players for the second leg. The performance reflected this and we only managed a 1-1 draw. I was supremely unconcerned by this turn of fate though as we still progressed comfortable into the quarter finals.

Quarter Final | 1st Leg | 2nd Leg

Our reward for disposing of Besiktas so comfortably was a tie against Liverpool. Of the available draws this was probably the second most favourable, with only an all-Portugal affair against Benfica as a more attractive option. I've had a mixed background against Liverpool, they just top the head to head table with 5 wins to my 3, but many of them have been close affairs. Over two legs I thought we had a chance.

The first leg rolled up and we were still without Cardoso as we travelled to Anfield meaning fellow youth product Akabar Tigabe would be starting again. Furthermore, this time out we were also without Stipe Pesic, our first choice right back who had been performing so well as well as Hacene Bentalaa our fantastic right winger. The Champions' League campaign was really starting to rack up the absentees. The lack of spark was clear for all to see and we went down 1-0. Not a disastrous result, but one which placed pressure on us to play well back on our little island.

The second leg rolled round and Cardoso was back in light training. He only had 80% fitness, but I took the gamble to start him and hope he could make a decisive difference before his lack of match fitness told. Bentalaa was also back, but Pesic was still out. We were having a real crisis at right back as the Russian replacement I brought in was in a real sulk. Abysmal morale, alienated by me after I took a hardline with him after he tried to push me around. I didn't want to risk a man who had proved a liability in the previous league game which saw a start for a Cypriot loanee, not really good enough for the league, let alone Europe, but he was all we had. Under these challenging circumstances I was sceptical about our chances.

My hopes went down hill even further as the game kicked off. I needn't have worried about Cardoso's fitness for the ninety minutes, he only played two of them. He was sent off for a rash challenge early in the game and from then on it looked as if we would struggle. Things went from bad to worse as Tuominen, our exciting left winger had to go off injured after 13 minutes. We hung on in there though and in the 72nd minute Bentalaa grabbed a goal to set the game up for extra time. An added few minutes made no easier by Djokovic's injury in the 80th minute and Bazán's in the 88th. Nevertheless, a heroic performance saw Stefan Fink step up to the plate and score in the 96th minute to see us through into the semi finals.

Semi Final | 1st Leg | 2nd Leg

The injuries and suspensions were really starting to accumulate as we welcomed Real Madrid to the Azores. Cardoso was obviously out suspended and though the injuries from the previous tie were back in training, it was a close run thing with two of them returning the day before the game. One good thing was the return of Pesic (again, just) solving the right back problem.

The first leg was a really great performance. Goals from Pesic, Bentalaa and Djokovic secured us a stunning 3-0 victory and a real chance of making it into the final if we could keep the score respectable at the Bernabeu.

The second leg was a feisty affair with João Paulo and Palhinha (our first choice left back) picking up yellow cards that would see them miss the next game. A 1-1 draw guaranteed that that next game would indeed be the final. The first in the club's history.

Final | Game

Our opposition in the final was Chelsea. Now, there are no easy games in the final of the Champions' League, but my hopes against the Londoners were slightly higher than they may have been against others. We had met them in the Group Stages of last year's competition and secured to 2-0 victories over them. We were, to some extent, their bogey team.

Still, this was Europe, and Lusitânia Açores so the only certainty was that it wouldn't be that simple. We went into the game with Cardoso, João Paulo and Palhinha all suspended and a pretty sparse looking bench.

Things started well, we had some chances in an even opening exchanges and began to grow into the match. In the 28th minute, a homegrown striker popped up with a goal as I'd always imagined, amazingly though it wasn't Cardoso, it was the lesser light Tigabe who was grasping his opportunity as he volley home Bentalaa's cross.

We were up, and looking like we deserved it. It obviously couldn't last, and just before half time a player that those of you with very long memories will remember from a short spell with us popped up with a goal. Sidnei Mamede scored in the 45th minute to undo our hard work and send us in level at the break.

I tried to give the team their belief back and send them out to win the game. A strategy that seemed to have worked as in the 49th minute Tigabe was again through on goal. I wasn't positive he'd score, one-on-ones aren't his strong point. It didn't come to that though, he didn't get a shot in a Lozovoy, the Chelsea central defender, desperately trying to make up the ground scythed him down from behind on the edge of the area. He was the last man and had to go and the ref made the right call. Chelsea would be playing the rest of the game with 10 men. Surely a chance.

We started to take control of the match and Chelsea got increasingly aggressive, and this soon took it's toll on our team. First of all Rui Lopes was injured requiring me to bring on Cypriot central defender Louka in the 58th minute. Then, only 19 minutes later, he was himself signalling to the bench indicating he couldn't continue. This was a disaster. Again it fell to his fellow Cypriot defender, a right back by trade, but the only defensive player left on the bench to fill the void. On he trotted, and with this makeshift defensive Chelsea seemed to get their belief back. They started to put us under pressure and it looked like the game was heading to extra time.

It wasn't to be however. In the 87th minute, Vieira swung in a corner and the man to rise highest was defender Jonathan Bazán. He thumped the header past the 'keeper and we had a lead. Needless to say I immediately went for the most time-wasting strategy I could, but even that didn't matter as Chelsea's disruptive tactics came back to haunt them once more. In the 4th and final minute of injury time they conceded a penalty and it was that man Vieira who stepped up and calmly placed it beyond the keeper and into the net to seal a fabulous 3-1 victory and the Champions' League for his hometown club. What better way to end the game.

Squad | Overview

'Keepers

*Nelson Martins* - 4 apps, 7 conc, 1 cln - Again the cup 'keeper, didn't play particularly well, but did have a very inexperience back line in front of him.

*Ricardo Dias* - 44 apps, 31 conc, 24 cln, 3 MoMs - Fantastic form early in the season as we rarely looked like conceding a goal. A solid end to the season to as we claimed the big prize.

Loukas Triantafyllidis - 2 apps, 4 conc - Free transfer signing who was number two to Dias, he's adequate for that role, but probably no more than that.

Defenders

Alexandr Rubtsov - 5(4) apps, 1 gl - Brought in at the start of the season to, in theory, replace Cláudio. He was a nuisance all year. He didn't get into the first team initially as I wanted to give Pesic a try. And then, as we played superbly with him in the side, he stayed. The Russian couldn't handle this and had several meltdowns complaining he wasn't being treated fairly. Eventually I called him into the office and told him to pull himself together. This seemed to be the final straw and he stormed off. He didn't play again and I don't think will. Looking to sell over the summer.

John Carranza - 5 apps, 1 ast - Funny year for the Peruvian back up. He started the year as number two left back at the club, but was pushed down further in January. I had at the start of the year started training him to fill the right back slot, and he did eventually learn it, in the process forgetting how to play on the other side of defence. I don't honestly see a future for him at the club and will look to get rid in the summer.

Giorgos Polykarpou - 8(4) apps - This most unlikely of Champions' League winners arrived on loan at the start of the season to play back up to Pesic in defence. I thought that position had been supplanted by Rubtsov's arrival, but his strop meant the young Cypriot was back in the picture. He didn't play often , but seemed to turn up at the most important times. He was at right back when we beat Liverpool, and in the centre of the defence for the final twenty minutes of the final too. I almost feel I should snap him up for that display alone, but I probably won't. His competition history will stand as a pub trivia question for my universe's football fans for evermore though.

Jonathan Bazán - 37 apps, 4 gls, 2 asts, 1 MoM - Another fantastic season for the Argentine defender. He scored what could have been the winner in the CL final, and generally formed a dominant partnership with Paulo in the middle of defence. Not much more to be said, he's been a great signing.

Palhinha - 23 apps, 5 asts, 1 MoM - Arrived from Young Boys in January and made the left back position his own. He is a great player and has made the position his own. Can see him being around for a few years (if the board don't make the same decision they did with our previous Brazilian full back e signed form Young Boys - Claudio).

Leobardo Caballero - 1 app - Arrived on loan in January, as an interesting prospect with some rough edges. He's got six months left to prove to me they can be filed down and that he can be turned into a proper player. Initial signs are good.

*João Paulo* - 42 apps, 8 gls, 1 ast, 6 MoMs - This homegrown defender has matured into a great player. I thought he could be good, but I don't think I ever expected him to reach this level. He missed the CL final, but was a huge part of the team that got us there.

Shimon Ginzburg - 5 apps, 2 gls, 1 MoM - Part of the inexperienced cup squad defence who didn't acquit themselves brilliantly. I think he's one who could make progress though if he is given time.

*Rui Lopes* - 7(12) apps, 2 asts, 1 MoM - Played less than he wanted, but kept his head down and grafted and was rewarded by starting the CL final when suspensions gave him his chance.

Meraneh Descazals - 4 apps - A rather sad end for the legendary defender. He didn't play in the league or Europe all season, and was in the midfield for cup games occasionally. He has got his staff attributes and I hope that would mean he'd retire from playing at the end of the season, but he says he wants to go and find first team football, so is leaving on a free at the end of the year. I hoped he would win the CL with us, and while he was at the club it is surprising that it happened in the first season in so long where he played no part. He's also a dreadful coach. If he can't find anywhere to go my loyalty at least will see him offered a job.

Stipe Pesic - 37 apps, 1 gl, 7 asts, 2 MoMs - He's been biding his time for years now and finally got a chance this year. He performed superbly and really made me wonder I was worried about Claudio leaving. He looked like he'd been playing at this level for years, barely put a foot wrong at the back and provided some great balls into the box at the other end too. Top marks.

Christian Minniti - 19 apps, 2 asts - Started the season as first choice but was displaced by Palhinha, he returned for the final and performed well. Will continue as back up next year if he wants.

Giannakis Louka - 8(6) apps - Part of the back up defence, he is progressing nicely and played a short part in the final. I will continue to try to blend him into the first team over the next season.

Midfielders

*Miguel Teixeira* - 8(15) apps - His form faltered somewhat this season, but he was still an important part of the side and is still young. He has, somewhat stealthily, turned into a properly good player.

Betu Tshimpi - 38 apps, 6 gls, 1 ast, 1 MoM - Continues to be a vital part of the team. Really is a great midfielder, I'm still amazed PSG let him leave on a free. Must be one of the worst decisions they made.

Luis Ventura - 1(5) apps, 1 ast - Limited impact this year, but he is learning his trade in Portugal and might get more chances next season if some things I'm contemplating come to pass.

Mohammed Jellouli - 1(1) apps - Arrived in January and made his first tentative steps into the first team in the second half of the season. I think he's got the potential to be a very decent player.

Hacene Bentalaa - 31(1) apps, 11 gls, 10 asts, 1 MoM - World class winger who just continues to improve, must be one of the bargains of the century! Big part in all our success this year.

Stefan Fink - 10(5) apps, 3 gls, 6 asts, 1 MoM - Real fall for the long-established winger. He lost his place and we looked good without him. He popped up with important goals and performances, but I'm considering selling him in the summer.

Atanas Radkov - 5 apps, 2 asts - Very young Bulgarian winger who appears to have a lot of potential, quite excited about what he could achieve.

*Paulo Jorge Vieira* - 34(2) apps, 8 gls, 18 asts, 3 MoMs - Another spectacular season for the midfielder all capped off by scoring a goal to win the Champions' League for his hometown club with the final kick of the game. I never want him to leave!

*Sérgio Reforço* - 0(1) apps - Youngster trying to make his way in the game. So many players ahead of him that I'm not sure of his chances. Another youth product.

*Luís Santos* - 15(7) apps, 3 gls, 1 ast - Very encouraging first proper season for this latest product of the youth team. He has improved nicely in his important stats and put in some performances that show he has a definite future in the club.

*Álvaro Pinto* - 8(10) apps, 5 gls, 4 asts, 1 MoM - Rather fell from favour this year, but his homegrown status buys him time and he did still perform well when called upon.

*Sérgio Rodrigues* - 9(16) apps, 2 gls, 2 asts - Slightly disappointing season for the winger, but then a few of the players who've come through the system have had a similar season in their development. I still think he can make an impact at a high level.

*Domingos Gomes* - 2(1) apps - Part of the very young set of players who contested the cup competitions. My coaches think he can be very good, but I'm not convinced by him yet.

Lasse Tuominen - 34(1) apps, 9 gls, 22 asts, 2 MoMs - Fabulous breakthrough season for the Finnish winger. Took Fink's place and made it his own, big future for this lad. Very exciting.

Forwards

Hugo Veríssimo - 4(3) apps, 1 gl, 3 asts - Youngster snapped up on a free from Braga. I've had my eye on him for a while now and was delighted to pick him up cheaply. He looks to have great potential as a poacher type striker if he can work on his composure.

Mihajlo Djokovic - 39 apps, 22 gls, 13 asts, 5 MoMs - Yet another great season for the big Serb. He really stepped up and led the line beautifully during Cardoso's injuries and suspensions. Wonderful player.

*Pedro Cardoso* - 28(1) apps, 26 gls, 10 asts, 7 MoMs - Slightly disappointing season in comparison to his last, but he was still great, was disappointed to miss out on the final, but then you never know what would have happened had Tigabe not played. He's a great player and hopefully he'll get another chance to get that medal.

*Abakar Tigabe* - 18(15) apps, 16 gls, 7 asts, 3 MoMs - Really stepped up when he needed to with Cardoso out and scored some incredibly important goals this season.

Asmir Tufek - 6(7) apps, 6 gls, 2 asts, 1 MoM - Bosnian striker with potential to become a proper player. Had more involvement with the first team than I expected due to Cardoso's bad luck.

Iakovos Papadopoulos - 5 apps, 3 gls - Restricted to cup appearances, but is maturing reasonably well, could have a future at the team.

Aims For This Season Were...

1/ CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! - YES!!

Aims For Next Season Are...

1/ Frankly, who cares! I won the Champions' League. Just going to enjoy it!

2/ Seriously though - European Super Cup and Club World Cup wins would be nice.

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7202432&viewfull=1#post7202432"]2012/13[/url]		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7220339&viewfull=1#post7220339"]2013/14[/url]		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7239921&viewfull=1#post7239921"]2014/15[/url]		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7249179&viewfull=1#post7249179"]2015/16[/url]		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7271085&viewfull=1#post7271085"]2016/17[/url]		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7285735&viewfull=1#post7285735"]2017/18[/url]		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7337490&viewfull=1#post7337490"]2018/19[/url]		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7357975&viewfull=1#post7357975"]2019/20[/url]		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7384317&viewfull=1#post7384317"]2020/21[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7414146&viewfull=1#post7414146"]2021/22[/url]		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7430561&viewfull=1#post7430561"]2022/23[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7467274&viewfull=1#post7467274"]2023/24[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7480108&viewfull=1#post7480108"]2024/25[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7531647&viewfull=1#post7531647"]2025/26[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7544658&viewfull=1#post7544658"]2026/27[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7553099&viewfull=1#post7553099"]2027/28[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Semi Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7614242&viewfull=1#post7614242"]2028/29[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7628197&viewfull=1#post7628197"]2029/30[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Semi Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7639411&viewfull=1#post7639411"]2030/31[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7652794&viewfull=1#post7652794"]2031/32[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7665898&viewfull=1#post7665898"]2032/33[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters and domestic quadruple
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7703596&viewfull=1#post7703596"]2033/34[/url]		Premier League		1st 			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7719374&viewfull=1#post7719374"]3034/35[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7732208&viewfull=1#post7732208"]2035/36[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7743979&viewfull=1#post7743979"]2036/37[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
2037/38		Premier League		1st			Champions' League winners
-------------------------------------------Challenge Completed------------------------------------------------

I echo the others, it was a very strong season in the league as well and with less pressure, improved youth system and even more money in the bank I can see you winning a few more CLs. Love that you have 4 youth team members in your first eleven and so many more coming through, the Portuguese national coach has to be very thankful!

Cheers again guys.

Edit - I'm torn over where to go next with this. Just carry on, or try something different. What do you guys think? The options I see them at the moment are:

1/ Continue with the game as it is, trying to dominate the world for the foreseeable future.

2/ Continue in the same game set up but try to build a team solely from youth products.

3/ Same as above but with just players from the Azores. This would be trickier, because obviously they count as Portuguese.

4/ Do what iacovone is doing, and open up some more leagues to see what happens.

Also open to suggestions. How do you think I should progress from this point?

Congrats PRDH, a huge effort in finally taking the victory in the Final, a great season, and some incredible youth prospects in your squad as well. As for continuing, I would play the next season out and think about what is next, either opening further leagues or go for a youth team, all from Azores would be pretty cool. Maybe open the leagues up and go for an All-Azores team.

First thing's first - you need to play a season and win the World Club Cup. Then with that under your belt, hopefully the rest will become clear. I'm enjoying the next season, introducing a lot of those youth products and destroying the league. It's great :D

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German Bundesliga – Season 2022/23

Season Preview

After a couple of poor seasons I was determined to try and have an overhaul of the squad. However as usual my chairman was being unhelpful and limited my budget. In the end I had to promise european qualification to squeeze a little more from him. Next I reviewed all of the contracts and this was where some tough decisions were to be made. A few high profile players, including goalkeeper Anzarda and left back Rodriguez had a year to run so I tried offering them deals. The demands were extortionate and so I decided to move them on for large fees to generate some cash for me to play with. This cash enabled me to strengthen the squad and reinvigorate it in an attempt to push for the top 3 again.

So without further ado here are the new signings.

Transfers

Goalkeepers

1. David Carroll - my replacement for Anzarda. Tipped as a wonderkid I decided to take the plunge on the rokkie Englishman. Great potential, we may suffer a little as he builds up his experience.

30. Kostadin Dimitrov - a young Bulgarian with massive potential and a snip for £350k. 4.5* potential, I have high hopes for him.

Full Backs

20. Jonathan Lago - An argentine LB brought in to replace Rodriguez. Good looking player, hopefully he can produce on the field

31. Slobodan Dasovic - 17 year old Serbian LB and another with massive potential. Could be a legend for the club.

Centre Backs

6. Everton - Brazilian CB signed for £5million from Rostov. My replacement for Traore who never did it for me. Great player again with 4* ability.

25. Ahmed Adam - young Qatari centre back signed following his release from paris Saint-Germain. 4* potential, he is a backup for now but someone who could become a good player for us.

Midfielders

11. Pirulito - Brazilian international winger signed for £7.5 million. I have high hopes for this Brazilian and he will push Jakovic hard for the left wing berth.

12. Andrey Ivanov - Andrey is a young Russian that I have been trailing for a while before I took the plunge. I can see him becoming our creative force in midfield in years to come. Need to give him some gametime.

18. Simon Vennemann - promising young German midfielder signed on a free transfer from St. Pauli. Has the potential to be the heir to Migen Toma.

26. Clovis - Brazilian RM signed from Anderlecht. Will add competition to the right side of the midfield. Good ability and potential.

Nilton - Brazilian LM signed on loan from Fluminense. Squad player.

Carl Morris - Young Welsh midfielder signed to add to the youth team. Has the potential to be a good player in the future.

Strikers

10. Theo de Graaff - Had to sign this young Dutchman. This man could well be world class. Will hopefully lead the team to future titles both at home and abroad.

The Upcoming Season

So with a squad peppered with new signings I am optimistic of a good season. I am concerned that the team may take a little time to settle (and some early season fixtures have shown this) but hopefully we’ll be better for it in the long run. I guess we will see in 9 months time.

I would open up a few leagues is iacovone says it increases the challenge. Defend your European title and become world champions!

Ive just had my youth intake, highest is a 2.5, from...Scotland!! A 15 year old 6 feet 6 inches tall! position - DRLC, could be handy if he reaches his potential, but hows he from Scotland when I'm a French club, is that because of me?

rlipscombe Ivanof and de Graff look stunning

I would open up a few leagues is iacovone says it increases the challenge. Defend your European title and become world champions!

Ive just had my youth intake, highest is a 2.5, from...Scotland!! A 15 year old 6 feet 6 inches tall! position - DRLC, could be handy if he reaches his potential, but hows he from Scotland when I'm a French club, is that because of me?

yeah it will be. in my first season with Mannheim we had an Irishman first year (my manager is Irish) still at the club actually...

PRDH - he isn't bad is he?? been tracking him a bit too and when i raised some cash in the summer i had to have him despite me not planning on signing a striker. hopefully he develops well.

Moonpig - welcome to the challenge and good luck with Cannes.

aldojags - i get that all the time too. think it's because they think we need bodies in the youth team rather than grey players........ i always ignore them.

My attempts to sign Enol on a permanent deal continue. Struck up a deal with Villarreal, a fee I'd be very happy to pay, he tried to negotiate this contract. That's right, after one international appearance he wants to be earning £625,000/week. How reasonable! Erm, jog on Enol...

Des Tiny's

Agrupación Deportiva Parla

parla.png

Liga Adelante

End of Season 2020/21

Slaughtering the Records

The Season

In Brief

Predicted: 20th

Actual: 1st (Graph)

Cup: 3rd Round vs Mallorca

Manager: Des Tiny - History

Season Tickets: 3985 (v875 [Avg Att: 5064])

Finances: €6M (34th in ESP [v13])

Transfers: 2020/21 - 13 In (€8.5M) 27 Out (€5.5M) 6 Loaned (€500k)

Squad: First Squad, Under 19s

General News

Financially it was always going to be trouble dropping down a division when I still had all the players, a few more and a large wage budget. I did keep it down as much as I could, but through the season I supposedly made a small profit, I did lose 11M in the previous season, mostly in the final days. The Chairman is also looking to sell the club, and a local businessman is looking to buy, so while this may mean no transfers, I am not that worried about this. I am 100 % confident in my players ability to keep us up, and when combined with the new signings I have already made, I believe it is not an issue. So I would love to see a takeover and survive it as well, looking forward to seeing the result. Transfer embargo has now been put into effect, and the touted businesswoman is Isabel Tarrago, I am trying to figure out if this is the current Chairman of Llagostera, or another woman with the same name. Either way she has said she will clear our debt if her takeover is successful, something I would accept as our Stadium paid off would be excellent. Well she has taken over, I survived, but no investment coming, a bit disappointing, though I look at the finance screen and it turns out she took a 2M loan and put us back in the black. I am supposedly being coveted by bigger clubs, Parla are delighted to have me.

The League

Well we lost our opening game, and 2 more losses in the first eleven games made me worry a little bit. I needn't have worried as the boys stepped up and 1 game in the remaining 31 times stepping onto the field during the season. We wowed the fans as we ran away with the record for points and goals in the Liga Adelante as we finished with 102pts and 128 goals, over 3 goals scored per game. The change to a 4-3-3 type variation saw goals galore from my right wing Krasic, while Montiquin, Bumbera, Sen and a bunch of others were providing an excellent team effort. I am going to continue the attacking formation into the Liga BBVA and see how it goes. The fans were ecstatic, as were the board, while club favourite Dumast was in disbelief, while Paulinho thinks it was my leadership qualities that got us over the line.

Best Results: at Cartegena 5:2, vs Celta 4:0, at Mallorca 7:0

Worst Results: at Hercules 1:3, at Guadalajara 0:2, vs Barca "B" 0:1

Season Review

Overachievers: Parla

Golden Boot: Montiquin 1st (22), Krasic 3rd (22)

Most Assists: Krasic 1st (25), Mitovic 2nd (21)

Man of Match: Ruiz 1st (10), Krasic 2nd (9)

Fixtures 1-21

Fixtures 22-42

Player Stats

Team Stats

Cup

Well we saw a 5:0 victory over Xerez disappointed by a 2:1 loss to Mallorca, that was really disappointing.

Fixtures

The Players

Squad Stats

Key Stars

Goalies

GK: Pablo Re (ARG) - A major part of our turn around was Re, he was stopping anything slightly down from amazing and kept the tally at about 1 goal per game, he is labelled the next Hugo Gatti, now that is a legendary name to be associated with. I hope he can fight and step up into the top league, if Re can hold out the goals I am sure my strikers can score them.

Defenders

DR: Alessandro Schwangart (GER) - I like his potential and skills set, but he seemed to be a weakness early on in the season. Because of this Paulinho actually took over on the right, and I have signed Garner (ENG) to takeover this spot in the new season.

DC: Norberto Ruiz (ESP) - He is labelled as the next Miguel Angel Nadal, and shows it with his great physical presence in front of goal at both ends of the park. My vice-captain though knows that there is going to be a huge battle for him this season as he fights with Paulinho & Sedlacek for only two positions.

DC: David Sedlacek (CZE) - The new combination at the back of the park has been the main reason for our extreme turn around this season. Sedlacek has been very strong, he may not get upfront, but his defense is exceptional. I do not think there is a single player I would rather have one on one with any striker going for the ball. If he can live up to his description as the next Tomas Repka he could be pretty good for us.

DRC: Paulinho (BRA) - He spent most of this season on the right playing alongside Ruiz & Sedlacek, but without a doubt this season he has to battle with them for the starting role. He had a great season at right back, and he had a few good games in the middle when he played there. He has been labelled as the next Cris, if he could be that good I would be delighted.

DL: Tobias Wagner (GER) - It ended up as a bit of a rotation policy this season, Wagner stepped up and scored a couple of goals as the clean-up man at corners, but really defensively he didn't quite have the skill and as such lost his seat to the prospect that is Moravec.

DL: Zednek Moravec (CZE) - The youngster stepped in and was a bit of a miracle man for me, I am hoping to showcase his skills at a higher level through this season and see what he can do. If he continues to build the way he has for me so far I am pretty sure he can join up as part of a very strong defensive grouping.

Midfielders

MC: Ales Mitrovic (SUI) - He was the team's playmaker this season, he will be looking to continue this role in the new season, but he knows he will have a battle with Bife, Ogweno & Yildrim for the midfield slots. 22 assists on the season was incredible, his through balls were something to witness.

MC: Ercan Yildrim (TUR) - Our club captain has been a solid worker, he doesn't do the spectacular, but he supports the defence, gets the ball and puts it forward. He plays as the more defensive minded midfielder and does some incredible work. I am hoping he can make the step up no matter who else is in the side.

MC: Bife (BRA) - The youngster spent the vast majority of this season on the bench behind Yildrim & Mitrovic, I am going to give him a shot during the offseason to take one of the two spots as I think he is actually the one member of our midfield with a real chance to play for us near the top of the league in a few years time. He is also labelled the next Juninho Pernambucano.

AMR: Radisa Krasic (SRB) - WOW, what a season, at the end of last year I was looking to replace him and Gomes as neither had done a job for me. Krasic obviously felt the pressure because he stepped up and showed a great skil as an attacking winger, 24 goals, 26 assists, anyone who can be involved in 50+ goals in a season needs to be in the team. I have some crazy decisions over this slot in the new season, will actually feature in a separate post I will be making this weekend.

AMR: Mauricio Ferrari (ARG) - He didn't play a single game in the Liga Adelante because of Foreigner restrictions, but he is still happy to be here and will become the third Non-EU player in our senior squad this year. He will fight Krasic and others for the right wing slot in the preseason, I am planning about 15 friendlies so I can mix and match.

AMC: Javier Arregi (ESP) - He is a Lemona youth product who I actually originally brought in as cover for the attacking half of the field, he has surprised me and become a very solid Attacking Midfielder, he will hold onto his spot next year even though he is probably not good enough for the top level.

AMC: Vangelis Arvantis (GER) - A Back-up and nothing more, is for sale, any offers?

AMC: Phil Jones (WAL) - Well he came in to play in the spot, but he never really settled, I think I may put him on the transfer block in August and go all in on Arregi and use what I can as a back-up, Wilcox, Linhart and others.

AML: Mario Bumbera (SVK) - He spent 6 months out with a broken leg, and didn't want to sign a new contract, I had been putting Tayfun Sen in as his replacement. Then Bumbera returned from Injury, played 1 game off the bench, signed a new 2 year contract and straight back into the starting line-up where he played the final five games scoring 6 goals, 9 assists, and an average rating of 8.82 saw me without a doubt over his place in the side.

AML: Tayfun Sen (TUR) - The Turk looks like he could be great, I may end up having to run some sort of rotation system upfront with these two guys, Sen played a lot of games this season because of the injury to Bumbera, he just doesn't seem to be at the level to play full time yet.

Strikers

ST: Jesus Montiquin (ARG) - The answer to all my striking problems joined in the summer and proceeded to score 22 goals in the league and delight the fans. I have signed him on until 2025 and I think he can truly make the step up and lead our line, his two red cards is a bit of a worry, but nothing else seems down on the 21 year old. Labelled the next Diego Milito, could I want a better example?

ST: Almedin Kapetanovic (GER) - The youngster is one of about five new striking prospects I have, not sure on him, or the others will test them out in preseason.ST: Lee Wilcox (ENG) - The Englishman is expected to be the next Bobby Zamora, he would be much better as a second and supporting striker.

My Youth Prospects

DLC: Juan Pablo YP7 (ESP) - I think he is a player who could perform at Liga Adelante level, but really I need to get some much better prospects right now. Had a couple of good games this season.

MR: Gabriel (ESP) - The young Spaniard will be trying to make it into the team, but now is about 5th on the right wing list.

MC: Juan Carlos YP2 (ESP) - He went off and played in Jerez this season, has started to build a combination with Delgado in the midfield, probably not likely to ever prosper, but is solid at 2DB level.

MC: Roberto Delgado YP3 (ESP) - The best prospect I have had, he has been moved permanently on to Jerez (My Feeder Club) and I am hoping to feed them some more players as I try to get them up close to me in the league table.

AMC: Ivan Vilches YP1 (ESP) - He spent another very average season playing in lower leagues for Amurrio, definitely would never have made it at my club, but I will follow his career.

AMC: Daniel Garcia Suarez (ESP) - A youth product of Parla with a little bit of potential, will probably leave in my huge sell-off.

ST: Alejandro Naveiro YP8 (ESP) - The newest addition to our youth team, the striker looks like he could be alright for 2DB level, but now that we are in BBVA he will play a bit part. March 28th.

The History

The 100 Club

Player                   Nation  Pos  Caps    Goals Assists Conc Clean MoM Yellow Red Av Rat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Herlein, Miguel*           POR   ST   175 (3)  139    46      0     0  36    19    1   7.56
Taygun Kuru*               TUR   MLC  164 (1)   18    72      0     0   5    24    0   7.14
Gomes, Andre*              POR   MC   144(12)   24    36      0     0   8    32    1   7.15
Aranda, Juan Francisco*    ESP   DR   126(10)    0    14      0     0   0    45    2   6.98
Guillou, Bruno*            FRA   DM   132( 0)    2     8      0     0   0    22    1   7.02
Ercan Yildrim              TUR   MC   130( 1)   12    19      0     0   6    13    1   7.03
Kivanc Ozlu*               TUR   DC   121( 0)   36     7      0     0  18    23    1   7.31
Delgado, Roberto (YP3)*    ESP   MLC   80(31)    5    38      0     0   3    18    2   7.00
Malheiro, Nuno*            POR   DL    84(26)    1    17      0     0   2    16    0   6.94
Perego, Andre              SUI   DC    99(10)   30     5      0     0  13    15    2   7.16
Briand, Erwan*             BEL   ST   106( 2)   71    21      0     0  12    13    0   7.40
Lopez, Miguel*             ARG   MR    99( 7)   13    26      0     0   3    15    1   6.94
Kaminski, Lukasz*          POL   GK   102( 0)    0     0    166    31   0     1    0   6.78
Wagner, Tobias             GER   DL    83(19)    5     7      0     0   5    26    2   7.13
Tayfun Sen                 TUR   ML    72(28)   21    31      0     0   1    10    0   7.15

The Club Awards

|---------|----------|-------------------|---------|------------|
| Season  | Division |     Fans PotY     | Best XI | Overall XI |
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7025/destinynewsinbox2.png"]Guillaume Dumast[/url]  | [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2012/13[/url] | [url="http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2013[/url]  |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8513/destinynewsinbox3.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2013/14[/url] | [url="http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2014[/url]  |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2014/15[/url] | [url="http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2015[/url]  |
| 2015/16 |    LA    | [url="http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4436/destinynewsinbox7.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2015/16[/url] | [url="http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2016[/url]  |
| 2016/17 |    LA    | [url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1549/destinynewsinbox9.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2016/17[/url] | [url="http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2017[/url]  |
| 2017/18 |    LA    | [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/944/destinynewsinbox8.png"]Erwan Briand[/url]      | [url="http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2017/18[/url] | [url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2018[/url]  |
| 2018/19 |    LA    | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/DesTinyNews_Inbox-1.png"]Erwan Briand[/url]      | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven.png"]2018/19[/url] | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven-2.png"]2012-2019[/url]  |
| 2019/20 |   BBVA   | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/DesTinyNews_Inbox-10.png"]Norberto Ruiz[/url]     | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven-1.png"]2019/20[/url] | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven-2-1.png"]2012-2020[/url]  |
| 2020/21 |    LA    | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/DesTinyNews_Inbox-13-1.png"]Norberto Ruiz[/url]     | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven-4.png"]2020/21[/url] | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven-2-2.png"]2012-2021[/url]  |

Club History

|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| Season  | Division | Position |       Cups       | Europe |     Comments     |
|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]6th[/url]   |        NA        |   NA   |       None       |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]4th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]2nd[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |     Promoted     |
| 2015/16 |    LA    |   [url="http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]10th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |       None       |
| 2016/17 |    LA    |    [url="http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]7th[/url]   |   SC 4th Round   |   NA   |       None       |
| 2017/18 |    LA    |    [url="http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]3rd[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |
| 2018/19 |    LA    |    [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/LIGAadelanteOverview_Stages.png"]1st[/url]   |   SC 3rd Round   |   NA   |    Champions     |
| 2019/20 |   BBVA   |   [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/LIGABBVAOverview_Stages.png"]19th[/url]   |   SC 4th Round   |   NA   |    Relegated     |
| 2020/21 |    LA    |    [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/LIGAadelanteOverview_Stages-1.png"]1st[/url]   |   SC 3rd Round   |   NA   |    Champions     |

The Future

In Brief

Predicted: 20th

My Aim: Avoid Relegation

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: 2M

Wage Budget: €144,088

Wages at 10.07.20: 114,583

Future Signings: Aaron Garner (DR,Free,Liverpool), Ondrej Linhart (MRC,65k,Slavacko), Sammy Ogweno (MC,Free), Vyacheslav Yershov (MR,€2M,Tom), Aykut Erden (ST,Free), Thabang Radebe (ST,60k,Ajax CT), David Frydych (GK,€55k,Mlada Boleslav)

Having a bit of a chuckles as the Facilities screen say we will move into Parla Stadium on 11.07.2021, while boardroom says 03.10.2022, and the draw was released saying we would play at Parla Stadium. Well we have moved into the Stadium on July 11th, looking forward to playing in front of 20,926 fans, if we can get them through the gate. Board room screen still says 03.10.22 as the date of completion, the club has already sold 2936 season tickets and is hoping to sell 8000 more, we could fill this stadium.

As always teams are chasing my signature, this time Valencia would like me to run the team, they finished 5th last season, is almost tempting. I also enjoyed this question in a press conference, as they wanted to know about the 4 times we hit the Woodwork.

Of my new signings, Ondrej Linhart is labelled as the next Tomas Rosicky, Sammy Ogweno is labelled the next Yoann Gourcuff, Vyacheslav Yershov has been labelled as the next Marat Izmailov, and Thabang Radebe has been labelled as the next Benni McCarthy, these guys along with the ones I already have could result in some amazing line-ups out there. Looking forward to seeing the squad in action as soon as we can.

Archived