FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

I'm needing help guys getting ready to throw this computer out the window, something I struggled with in FM11 without there appearing to be anything u can do about it. My discipline is awful, at least 4-5 bookings a game, and I'm top of red card count too. I fine every straight red for violent conduct 2 week wages, but what about the constant 2 yellow dismissals. I always warn them, sometimes fine, but some players are unhappy. It drives me insane. What do u do for controlling discipline?

Journalists a;ways ask me about, i say I would prefer a more conservative approach and i'll speak to the boys about it, but how do u do that

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean easy? No, I thought I would lose more percentage of my tackling?

Do the worst offenders have any tackling-related PPMs? You could try telling them to learn to stay on their feet when tackling.

Edit - Portugal continue to be terrible internationally (they've now dropped to 30th in the rankings, behind Guinea-Bissau!) , but in better news the latest squad sees Vieira and Lopes called up for the first time, joining Cardoso and Dias in the squad taking it to four of my graduates in the international squad. Not bad!

aldojags - this isn't super helpful, but sometimes I find there are some players that I just can't seem to bring under control no matter what I do. If that's a player with high influence or even the captain, maybe it's my imagination but their attitude then seems to spread to the rest of the team. If there are one or two serial offenders, maybe consider moving them on?

ES_Viry_Chatillon.jpg

End of Season Report 2013/14 (Season 2)

French National - 8th | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Average season, never threatened the top places, got off to too poor a start, and just hovered around mid table for rest of season.

Wasn't help by a few issues. The first and most important of which, injuries...again. I know I sound a bit Arsene Wenger or somethin, but it really was beyond belief how bad it was, in particular, Koffi, and Abioudon, 2 of my most important players without doubt.

2nd issue was my lack of knowledge as to what our best formation is. I've been brainwashed by my success in FM11, playing 41221, with wingers and lone striker. I won so many trophies in FM11 with this, but it wasn't working for me. In that formation, your front 3 have to be up to scatch, and my winger's probably aren't just up to it. Off the top of my head I could probably ring off 3-4 different formations I've used this season, I get a run of results with them, they inexplicably get beaten off bottom of the league at home. So frustrating, no real consistency. Finished season playing 433, and 352 with wingbacks, going to run with them early season see how I go. I'll no doubt change them when it starts going tits up again!

Poor cup form, played my full strength team in both games, knocked out on pens to non-league team for 2nd season in a row. Board were non too chuffed.

Players

GK

Quentin Beunardeau started and finished season as my number 1, but had a spell of few months where I dropped him, had poor average ratings and just about every coach advised me to drop him. Still young, still think he could make a good keeper at a higher standard than this.

Abdel Adjahouinou. Brought this guy in for Beunardeau when I dropped him, done well, but I think he'll still be number 2 this season. But pleased with 2 good prospects in this position.

Defenders

Thorgan Lienard - really promising centre back, only 16 when I signed him, broke into first team near end of season and played well, think he's destined for bigger clubs than Viry Chatillon in the future.

Matteo Bianchetti, undoubtedly player of the season. Solid at the back, a threat at set pieces. I was really pleased with the centre backs I started season with, but a scout brought this guy to my attention, and I had to sign him, and he's been excellent.

Christophe Lowinksy. Another one of my solid centre backs, pleased with his contribution.

Mid

Dominique Abiola. Had ok season but will be looking for more next season.

Dominique Abiodoun. Another missed through injury. 13 league games out of 38 isn't a lot!

Claude Roland Videgla. Will be looking for more from him next season. Missed a few important games on International duty with Togo which was frustrating.

Strikers

Gianmarco Zigoni - big physical striker I brought in when I was suffering with injuries to bolster our numbers, done well initially, mainly from the bench, but faded away for some reason when we went to a front 3, didn't seem to fit into it, I thought that's when he'd do well, played as a target man and winning flick ons for the other 2 strikers, but he was anonymous.

Abdou Dieye. Done well,roughly a goal every 2 games in the league, happy with that ratio. Hopefully can bring that up a wee bit next season again.

Dramane Koffi. Really missed this guy through injury. As you can see he didn't play half the season until he was ruled out for rest of campaign. Really frustrating.

Club Info--Transfers 1 | Transfers 2 | Finances

Another busy season with transfers, mainly youngsters, not many that can go straight into team. But I'm hoping I've unearthed a few gems there, and given time they'll come good for me. Released a lot of the dead wood at end of season.

Losing money every month. Board had to inject 425k. I'm in line with my wage budget, but my average crowd is little over 300, and I only have 104 season ticket holders, we just don't make any money at all. Really need promotion soon to get some money in I think.

Objectives

Be competitive in top 10 - success. Too inconsistent to get higher in table, but still able to beat top teams and not look out of place. Although points tally and overall position dropped, I improved my goal difference and reduced games lost from last season.

Go further in French Cup - fail. Really disappointed with losing out so early.

Trim squad- success. Still got some players I want to lose to take the next step. Going to offer a few out on loan/free transfers.

Season     Division        Pos    Domestic Cup                European Competitions         Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   National         4th   French Cup 8th round      N/A                              Survived Relegation
2013/14   National         8th   French Cup 7th round      N/A                              N/A

Pedro Cardoso has just scored his 100th goal for me. It comes in a Champions' League group game against Man City. He's twenty.

Edit - Bad luck there aldojags. Sounds like injuries did for you. Certainly losing a player of the standard of Abiodoun for more than half the season is going to have a massive impact on how it pans out. Decent goal difference and not too many lost games means you're heading in the right direction though. Turn a few of those draws into wins and you'll be right in amongst it at the end of next year.

Edit 2 - Champions' League group stages are over and for the first time in a very long time (if ever), three Portuguese teams have made it out of the groups. Porto, Sporting and, of course, Lusitânia Açores will all be taking part in the knockout stages. Good news for our co-efficient and general reputation.

PRDH 100goals by the time you are 20? That is outrageous, you got him tied up for long? Are you one of his favoured clubs?

Yeah thats my thinking too, last season, too many defeats, I thought if I could turn some of the losses to draws, I'd be amongst it. But I turned too many into draws. And considering my goal difference was negative last season, and positive this season, I've got to be pleased, some progress made, but it's baby steps.

CS Sedan have just offerred me £475,000 for my keeper, had to accept it, in too much debt, need to find another keeper now. I've got 25% transfer income into my funds, so that'll be over £100,000 I'll get, going to hopefully allow me to bring in one or two quality players.

PRDH 100goals by the time you are 20? That is outrageous, you got him tied up for long? Are you one of his favoured clubs?

Yeah, he's on a five year deal. Upsettingly we're not one of his favoured clubs, despite the fact he came through the youth set up.

What is the average length of time for all you guys for getting out the lowest tier? I'm getting an ominous feeling about my challenge!

Well it took me 3 seasons in Spain this time around, my efforts seem to fluctuate.

FM09 (Fafe) - 2 Seasons in 2nd Div, 2 in Liga Vitalis

FM10 (Evora) - 4 Seasons in 2nd Div, 2 in Liga Vitalis

FM11 (Haro) - 4 Seasons in 2DB, 4 Seasons in Liga Adelante

FM12 (Parla) - 3 Seasons in 2DB, 4 Seasons in Liga Adelante, 1 in Liga BBVA, 1 in Liga Adelante

I believe on the front page you can look back at some of the stories and I think Iacovone took 9 seasons one year...

We've had a slow start to our season, only managing to get 7 points in our first 7 games with a 1-4-2 record, putting us in 14th/20th. Not the greatest, although our schedule was kind of loaded to begin the season. I did finally persuade the board to increase the coaching allotment from 2 to 4, though. Hopefully we can get things rolling and get some more wins.

brindisi.png

End of Season Report - Citta di Brindisi - 2013/14 (Season 2)

Competitions

Lega Pro Seconda Divisione Girone B - 2nd

It was promotion or bust this season, with the board ensuring that we knew what was expected of us in only our second season in Serie C2, but despite threatening to blow it several times, we eventually came good, and even avoided the agony of the playoffs. Our season was more or less split fairly neatly into thirds - for the first third, we were not quite up to scratch and when we dropped as low as 7th, outside even of the playoff spots, my job was once again under threat. But then for the second part of the season, we gradually hit our stride, climbing steadily upwards until we hit 2nd place, and the automatic promotion spots, at almost exactly the 2/3 mark. From there, for the final third of the season, while never pulling away, we only relinquished 2nd for a couple of isolated weeks and always looked like we were going to be in the mix for that final promotion place. Then we threatened to blow it again, losing to mid-table Catanzaro to drop into 3rd place with three games to go. But we won our final three games to eventually grab that final automatic promotion spot on the last day of the season.

I'm delighted with the overall result, but we really rode our luck to get there and there's a lot to fix to have a hope of staying up next year. There were a few too many last minute winners and scraped one goal victories for my liking. But we'll take promotion in our second season.

Coppa Italia di Lega Pro - 3rd in Group I (def. by Como in 2nd Round)

Once again, this competition wasn't really a priority for us this season, but we did achieve our objective, scraping through the group stage as the best 3rd place finisher, and defeating San Marino in the 1st Round proper before going out to a clearly superior Como side in the 2nd Round.

Squad and Transfers

Club Overview | First Team Squad | Transfers

Less players coming in this season, but of a higher quality, with Serpico (yes, I know) and Rizza in particular making big impacts. A lot of players left on free transfers, which meant our squad was pretty thin on the ground at times, but I took the risk that I'd rather spend my wage budget on quality over quantity, and thankfully we avoided a major injury crisis so the gamble paid off. I'm definitely looking to enlarge the squad a little this summer though.

Mirko Guadalupi (AM C) - 43 (1) apps (16 gls) - 7.13 average rating: Once again, the club captain came through for us, this time justifying his high wages in a major way. Without his 16 goals - by far the team's top scorer - there is no way we would have got promotion. He also provided an impressive 15 assists, making him easily the team's most indispensable player.

Antonio Serpico (D C) - 38 (1) apps (6 gls) - 7.07 average rating: A new signing this season, the 23 year old central defender was extremely effective at the back. Not only that, but he managed a return of six goals - which was more than any of my strikers managed!

Giuseppe Rizza (D/WB/M L) - 43 apps (0 gls) - 7.07 average rating: Another newcomer this campaign, Rizza was solid as a rock at left back and only missed one game all season. He didn't do a lot going forward, but he certainly did his part at the back.

Objectives and History

Last Season's Objectives

• Get promoted - Success: We'll be in Serie C1 next season and that's a good feeling - particularly since if we had failed this objective, I'd probably be out of a job.
  • Reach 1st Round of Copa Italia Lega Pro - Success: I didn't place a lot of emphasis on it, and we only did it by the skin of our teeth, but we did at least satisfy the board's expectations.
  • Bring through some youth players - Fail: Mattia Damiani and fellow youngster Franco Ibba did get quite a lot of run outs this season, but most of them were off the bench and I don't feel like they quite played the role I was hoping for.

Next Season's Objectives

• Survive - Obviously our number one goal next season will be to stay in Serie C1. I don't have a good sense of the difference in class between the two divisions, but I sense we'll definitely need to be better than we were this season to do that.
  • Add some depth to the squad - We looked threadbare at times this season, and I'm sure we'll need greater strength in depth to survive at the next level. Let's hope the board give me a higher wage budget so I've got a bit of cash to attract more players. Which leads me to...
  • Right the financial ship - I've stayed within my wage budgets (though not by a huge amount) but despite that, we've lost £600k in the past season, to add to the £700k we lost the season before. That's put us nearly £500k in debt. Hopefully we'll have improved gate receipts and maybe better TV revenue streams to help bring us back on to an even keel, but there will definitely be some tension for me between improving the squad and being mindful of the financial situation.

Seasonal Best XI | Overall Best XI

Season     Division        Pos    Domestic Cup                European Competitions         Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Serie C2/B      6th    Lega Pro - Group Stage      N/A                           Lost in Playoffs
2013/14    Serie C2/B      2nd    Lega Pro - 2nd Round        N/A                           Promoted

Des Tiny's

Agrupación Deportiva Parla

parla.png

Liga BBVA

End of Season 2019/20

A Fight and Relegation

The Season

In Brief

Predicted: 20th

Actual: 19th (Graph)

Cup: 4th Round vs Leganes 3:3a

Manager: Des Tiny - History[/url]

Season Tickets: 4860 (^1889 [Avg Att: 5824])

Finances: €17M (21st in ESP [^13])

Transfers: 2019/20 - 12 In (€6.75M) 9 Out (€1.1M) 12 Loaned (€500k)

General News

Well and truly financially stable now and able to buy better players, we made a lot of transfers over this season, but it may have been a big outlay for what was always going to be a failure. No big name players would come to the club as our reputation was waaay too low, infact there was only 1 Liga Adelante club with a lower rep than us. We are now aiming to go straight back up so we can play in the top league with our new stadium next year.

The League

I really don't have much to say, we got some good results against some good teams, but we were crap against the bottom teams and as such we went straight back down. Most of my players were a bit disappointing, so I know I need changes, but I have listed the three I thought were the best below.

My Players of the Season: Def - Norberto Ruiz, Mid - Tayfun Sen, Fwd - Metodi Stoynov

Season Review

Fixtures 1-21

Fixtures 22-42

Cup

Leganes were first up as we went straight into the 4th round and lost to them on away goals, we won 2:0 at their place, but somehow went down 3:1 back at home. A disappointing Cup run.

Fixtures

The Players

My Top XI (And their Prospects)

GK: Lukas Kaminski - He is not good enough, he will be replaced in the offseason, even if only by my young replacement.

DR: Sergey Afanasev - He is solid, but he is looking to move in the offseason, so I may need a replacement anyway.

DC: Norberto Ruiz - Very solid at the back, will look to build a new backline around him.

DC: David Sedlacek - He was injured a fair bit last season, but made some good stops.

DL: Tobias Wagner - Looks good enough, but will battle with Moravec in the preseason.

MR: Ricardo Gomes - Really not good enough, my weakest position, need a replacement.

MC: Karol Petras - I already have a replacement for 2020

MC: Ercan Yildrim - He will probably captain the side from the middle of the park in 2020

ML: Tayfun Sen - Maybe the best, but Bumbera may be a go as I move to a 4-2-3-1

AM: Phil Jones - The Welshman is ok, but I think I can find a better replacement, who really knows.

ST: Metodi Stoynov - Will be replaced early in the offseason, will spend transfer money on him.

The History

The Club Awards

|---------|----------|-------------------|---------|------------|
| Season  | Division |     Fans PotY     | Best XI | Overall XI |
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7025/destinynewsinbox2.png"]Guillaume Dumast[/url]  | [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2012/13[/url] | [url="http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2013[/url]  |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8513/destinynewsinbox3.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2013/14[/url] | [url="http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2014[/url]  |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2014/15[/url] | [url="http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2015[/url]  |
| 2015/16 |    LA    | [url="http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4436/destinynewsinbox7.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2015/16[/url] | [url="http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2016[/url]  |
| 2016/17 |    LA    | [url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1549/destinynewsinbox9.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2016/17[/url] | [url="http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2017[/url]  |
| 2017/18 |    LA    | [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/944/destinynewsinbox8.png"]Erwan Briand[/url]      | [url="http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2017/18[/url] | [url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2018[/url]  |
| 2018/19 |    LA    | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/DesTinyNews_Inbox-1.png"]Erwan Briand[/url]      | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven.png"]2018/19[/url] | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven-2.png"]2012-2019[/url]  |
| 2019/20 |    LA    | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/DesTinyNews_Inbox-10.png"]Norberto Ruiz[/url]     | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven-1.png"]2019/20[/url] | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven-2-1.png"]2012-2020[/url]  |

Club History

|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| Season  | Division | Position |       Cups       | Europe |     Comments     |
|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]6th[/url]   |        NA        |   NA   |       None       |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]4th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]2nd[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |     Promoted     |
| 2015/16 |    LA    |   [url="http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]10th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |       None       |
| 2016/17 |    LA    |    [url="http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]7th[/url]   |   SC 4th Round   |   NA   |       None       |
| 2017/18 |    LA    |    [url="http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]3rd[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |
| 2018/19 |    LA    |    [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/LIGAadelanteOverview_Stages.png"]1st[/url]   |   SC 3rd Round   |   NA   |    Champions     |
| 2019/20 |   BBVA   |   [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/LIGABBVAOverview_Stages.png"]19th[/url]   |   SC 4th Round   |   NA   |    Relegated     |

The Future

In Brief

My Aim: Winning the Title

Expectations: Title Challenge

Transfer Budget: €2.77M

Wage Budget: €108,437

Wages at 10.07.20: €70,434

A very quick update for me as I am nearing the end of the preseason and wanted to just show where my previous season had been, I have made several signings already. Some players with high determination and a good looking future, I still can't get top players so instead I have gone for players I think could be great in the future.

Des Tiny's

Agrupación Deportiva Parla

parla.png

Liga Adelante

Preseason 2020/21

In Brief

My Aim: Winning the Title

Expectations: Title Challenge

Transfer Budget: €2.77M (2.33M remaining)

Wage Budget: €108,179

Wages at 10.07.20: €71,588

Season Tickets: 3986 4860 (v874)

Transfers: 8 In (€5.5M) 19 Out (€4.8M) 2 Loaned (€200k)

Transfers

In

Claudiu Balaci (DC,ROU,Free) - I needed some more solid Central Defensive options, and this guy is one for the future.

Willian (DRC,BRA,1.4M) - More DC cover, but he will not play as I have too many foreigners.

Hector Billordo (ST,ARG,Free) - My first attempt at a new Striker, but he will miss out.

Paulinho (DRC,BRA,€1.4M) - DRC cover, looks solid for a youngster and has German 2nd Nationality, cover off the bench.

Pablo Re (GK,ARG,Free) - An amazing signing on a free, he will be my starter and 1 of 2 Foreigners.

Bife (MC,BRA,€1.3M) - I was looking for ways to strengthen my side and this guy will be my new ball winning midfielder.

Jesus Montiquin (ST,ARG,€1.3M) - As it was getting towards the games I still needed a new Striker, this guy was my answer.

Alessandro Schwangart (DR,GER,Free) - My replacement for the Right back slot after Afansajev left.

Future

Mauricio Ferrari (MR,ARG,€3M) - Joins 02/01/21, only issue is that I have no foreigner slot for him...

Besik Gabelia (MR,GEO,€140k) - Joins 07.08.21, he is coming next season will see.

My First Matchday Squad

GK: Pablo Re (ARG)

DR: Alessandro Schwangart (GER)

DC: Norberto Ruiz (ESP)

DC: David Sedlacek (CZE)

DL: Zdenek Moravec (CZE)

MR: Radisa Krasic (SRB)

MC: Bife (BRA)

MC: Ercan Yildrim (TUR) - INJ

ML: Mario Bumbera (SVK)

AM: Javier Arregi (ESP)

ST: Jesus Montiquin (ARG)

Subs: Paulinho, Tobias Wagner, Ales Mitrovic, Rastislav Roznik, Tayfun Sen, Phil Jones, Lee Wilcox.

Well we won every game we played in the preseason, I am mostly happy with my side, but I am still undecided on my Attacking Midfield, and whether the young fullbacks will actually be able to do the job I need them to. Going to be an interesting season, hopefully I can get straight back up.

well done iseemonsters, I'm sure you'll manage to stay up despite your boards best intentions of sabotaging your season! Where do you play Guadalopi? Left wing or behind the strikers? I always struggle with AMC, I can't remember ever really having a player make a success in that position for a long time, game always seems to pass them by.

LLR you sound ready made to come straight back up, here's hoping for a successful season. You've got some good talent there, the turkish winger you have is a flying machine, he'll do some damage for u this season. Montiquin too looks like 30 goals a season if he stays fit.

ES_Viry_Chatillon.jpg

Pre-Season Report

Fixtures

Played well against some higher rep teams, trying out some of the new signings, cautiously optimistic for a good season.

Transfers

Released most of the players we had whose deal ran out. Havre camein with £475,000 for my 20 year old keeper, which I thought I had to accept due to my financial problems, but negotiated that I wanted a cut of any future fee, and they backed down, so I'm more than happy to still have him on the books.

Brought in Mondor Kessou, think he'll do well, my pace up front should scare the living daylights out of most defences in this league, I don't have many forward with pace/acceleration below 14. We were too reliant on Abdou Dieye last season so hoping this guy will pitch in with a few goals, and if we keep Dramane Koffi fit, think we'll be successful. Jorge Mosquera is also another pacy striker, I thought seeing as I was planning on playing 433 a lot at home, I'd need some depth up front, I've got about 6 strikers now I'm really happy with. This guy done well in pre-season, hoping he'll do well in competitive fixtures.

Objectives

Win promotion - this is my 3rd season in this league now. If I can stay injury free, I don't see why I can't come in top 3. Amiens, Bastia, and Vannes all have great squads at this level so will be a struggle. But I'll give it a go....

iseemonsters1 - well done on promotion. despite the wage reduction i am sure you can compete in C1

LLR - unlucky with the relegation but i agree that you can challenge for an immediate return to La Liga

aldojags - good luck going for promotion this time. hopefully you can do it.

As for me and Mannheim, i have got to April so it seems pointless doing a season preview! should hopefully finish the season in the coming days.

Congratulations iseemonsters. Last time I did this in Italy, the gap wasn't too great between C2 and C1 so I'd say you've got a chance of doing more than just surviving.

LLR - Bad luck on relegation. It always feels like a kick in the teeth, but sometimes it makes you come back stronger. You've got the makings of a team which id definitely ready for the top flight and I'd be amazed if you weren't fighting at the right end of the table this season. I'm a big fan of Norberto Ruiz in particular, he looks like being a cracking player.

LLR - Shame about the relegation - but it often seems like in these challenges that that one relegation can be the springboard for much bigger and better things. You weren't kidding about getting some good results against the big teams - I see wins over Atletico Madrid, Villareal and Sevilla. One question: are you really predicted to finish 20th this season, or was that a copy/paste thing from last season?

efrumttr - Thanks! It's definitely looking like a challenge, but we haven't made the worst start - played five, drawn five!

aldojags - I guess I can't blame the board - we are losing money every single month! The wage reduction, coupled with contractual promotion wage increases that were triggered by getting promoted, has pretty much prevented me from signing anyone at all and led to me cutting even more players from the squad. This is a bare bones operation now! I play Guadalupi as one of two AMCs in a 4-3-2-1 formation. I don't know what the magic formula is but I've only found a very small number of players who I've managed to get to thrive in an AMC role.

Hope you can get that promotion this season! Pace can be absolutely killer at the lower levels (well, at all levels really), so good plan stacking the attack with speedy players. This is going to be the year for you, I have faith!

rlipscombe - Thanks! We're at least competing, though not exactly thriving so far. Here's hoping we keep it up!

PRDH - You're right, my first team squad has barely changed from last season and has been at least able to hold their own so far by drawing all our games. I'm a bit concerned, given the threadbare nature of my squad, about what will happen when we begin to get injuries - especially since these draws aren't exactly the best way to accumulate a points cushion...

Welcome to Madrid for the first leg of my CL 1st Knockout Rd tie against Atletico Madrid.

The boys have made the journey from the Azores to the European mainland hoping for a decent result to build on back home.

Lusitânia Açores don't have many injury worries, the only regular out is left back Silvio Nicastro while the Spanish side have six out injured.

Kick Off

9 mins - Atletico have the first chance in a snowy Madrid as a cross is put in from the left. The resulting header is diverted behind for a corner. The corner's delivered to the far post where Gautier clears to the edge of the area. The second attack builds but comes to nothing as the Madrid forward is caught offside. 0-0

11 mins - Madrid attack up the right this time, beating Minniti on the left and whipping a ball across. Again Gautier comes to the rescue and feeds the balls out to Fink giving the Angra side a chance to counter. 0-0

12 mins - Fink holds the ball up well before knocking it in field to an onrushing Cardoso. He in turn gives it to Neira who gets to the edge of the box. He turns inside onto his stronger right foot and fires a shot on goal. It's straight at the 'keeper but the pace on the ball takes it past him and into the goal. Lusitânia Açores have the lead and an away goal. 0-1

16 mins - Corner. Fink's cross is punched away as far as Vieira. He passes it sideways to Scaricamazza who hits the ball first time. It's parried by the keeper. Atletico's counter comes to nothing. 0-1

28 mins - Neira breaks with the ball. He makes good progress through the middle of the pitch before swinging a pass out to the left wing where Fink continues. He hits a lovely cross into the box where our right winger is arriving at the far post. He gets there before the defender. Shoots first time. It's on target but the keeper saves. Should have scored. 0-1

35 mins - A superb passing move from the Lusitânia Açores team ends with Cardoso turning his man on the edge of the area. He has a great chance but blasts over. Out of character that from the youngster this season. 0-1

39 mins - Atletico's first spell of pressure for a while ends as a weak, speculative effort loops high and wide of the goal. 0-1

45+1 mins - The Spanish side are still on top and don't look like they want the half to end. They might now. A cracking strike flies past Dias in goal and they're back level. 1-1

Half-time - A good performance in the first half and we should probably have ended it ahead. If we can keep playing well though we've got another goal in us at least.

49 mins - Cardoso is put through on goal by a wonderful pass from Scaricamazza. He shapes to curl it into the bottom corner. It beats the keeper but just doesn't come back enough and it zips inches wide of the post. 1-1

50 mins - Gautier wins the header from the goal kick and the ball gets to Fink. He knocks into the area to Neira who, rather than shooting, passes it on again to Bentalaa who wastes the chance. 1-1

51 mins - Great spell of pressure this as Bentalaa gets up the right and puts a very dangerous ball in. There's a bit of a scrum in the six-yard box but the result is a goal kick. 1-1 - Will we regret these misses?

52 mins - Yes we will. Atletico score another from outside the area after some baffling defending leaves them with a huge amount of time to pick a spot. 2-1

82 mins - Corner to Lusitânia Açores. Doesn't beat the first man. 2-1

85 mins - Have that! Taste of their own medicine as Scaricamazza picks the ball up on the edge of the area and puts it into the top corner. 2-2

90+3 mins - Bentalaa has a chance to win it as he picks up on a long boot up field from Dias but he fluffs his chance and it's an easy take for the keeper. 2-2

Peep, Peep, Peeeeeep - 2-2 - A decent result away from home and means we've got a good chance of progressing.

Good result PRDH - can't complain about two away goals! Gives you an excellent chance in the second leg. Good luck!

I don't normally do mid-season reports, but I can't help but say how blown away I am by the first half of this season - our only defeat coming away to league leaders Crotone. Of course, now I've jinxed it, but hopefully we've already more or less put to bed any relegation fears with confidence high in the squad.

Thanks everyone for the support, and I agree I am impressed with Norberto Ruiz & Montiquin, I am hoping they are the guys to build my team around for the future as they are only 20 & 21. As for Tayfun Sen, I am not really sure, he always seems inconsistent one great game and then on poor game, Bumbera seems to be slightly better on the left wing.

And yes I am predicted 20th, its because it is based on reputation alone, and there really seems an issue with rep this year. In the past it has gone up too quickly, but it seems in FM12 to go up waaaay too slow, I am still ranked among the 2DB teams, and of course a relegation meant my rep dropped back down too.

LLR - I agree. The reputation is weird this year. Porto are still ranked above me despite the fact I've won however many consecutive titles and got further in the CL too.

And a 3-0 win back in Angra puts us through to the CL Quarter finals.

Edit - Just had the new intake of youth players. Absolutely no one worth mentioning. Useless! Still, I ca't complain too much with the recent run of talent I've had.

PRDH - Ok I am now baffled, I spent a season in the top league, I beat some big teams and then I am now ranked behind 32 of the 80 2DB teams on reputation. I did bring this up in the bugs forum, but seemingly nothing was done in the latest patch, fo course I think reputation is a major part of the game so it might need significant testing, but hopefully they will look into it for FM13. I do remember in FM10 with Evora I was ranked higher than all the other three big teams after a single title win, so that was too fast, but this is seemingly waaay too slow.

And Congrats on the Champions League effort, hopefully you can carry on the movement towards a Champions League.

Good result away from home PRDH those away goals leave you in a good position for the second leg. Good luck.

You look like your doing very well there iseemonsters1. Your in a good position for the second half of the season. Keep it up.

Just started my first season and I have played what is probably the most exiting game i have had on FM in a long time. I managed to see of Rodez 5-4. But after being 4-1 up after 50 minutes i wasn't too chuffed when they pulled 3 goals back.

iseemonsters well done on your start, as you say, your not going down after that start, try and get wage budget increased stay in the play offs. What division is next, I am unfamiliar with structure of Italian football. Serie B next?

Adam “Le God” - FC Mulhouse – Pre Season Review – 2011-2012

Fixtures:

A pleasing start to my first season in charge of Mulhouse there were some very encouraging performances against so called ‘better’ and ‘bigger’ teams. A particular highlight of preseason was a 3-0 victory in our first match against Marseille, a match where we outplayed them and thoroughly deserved our victory. Unfortunately we couldn’t add another scalp and where defeated by Lyon, but we were able to bounce back with a well worked 3-1 victory over Ligue 2 FC Metz. We also recorded victories over Grenoble, Paris FC, Strasbourg and ASM Belfort.

All in all then a very pleasing pre-season, some good performances against some bigger opposition, which could be a good sign for any future cup competitions that we can play our game and get results against much better opposition.

Transfers:

After looking at my team report I decided that, whilst most of the players where of a decent standard, I would need to bring in some better players if I am to achieve my season target of challenging for a playoff spot.

In total I brought In 14 players, with some good prospects and released 20 players who didn’t meet the grade. It’s a harsh world.

Abdou Dieye: I brought this guy in on a free after his contract expired. As you can see he is rapid and he should cause havoc amongst defences. Dieye should be a key player for us with his abundance of pace and decent finishing and dribbling, stats that I will be looking to increase. At age twenty four, Dieye should be a key cog for a few years.

Jordan Ferri: When I saw that this guy had been released by Lyon I jumped at the opportunity to sign him. He has decent stats already and my scout rates him at being a potential leading Ligue 1 midfielder in the future. This lad will probably get the majority of game time as my more defensive minded. Whilst I don’t know if this is linked but his value is now 275k so even if he doesn’t make it I can shelve him on for a hefty profit.

Florent Diallo: I signed this lad after my scout unearthed him whilst scouting The Ivory Coast. I had to pay 100k compensation for the deal but my scout rates him as being a good Ligue 1 midfielder in the future. This guy will probably play a fair amount of games in either the more defensively minded central spot or my more attacking playmaking role. I want to develop this guy into a defensively minded central midfielder who is not afraid to spray his passes around.

Other notable signings were:

Wilfried Louisy-Daniel: Brought this guy in because he offers an alternative option up front. We will be able to 'lump' it up to him and he is capable of holding the ball up. Should provide more of an aerial presence than Dieye.

Richard Trivino: Brought this guy in as my new first choice goalkeeper. He offers the vital experience that we need in goal at this level. Plus his stats ain't bad either.

Maxime Le Borgne: This guy was singed becuase he is a good alround defender, He can tackle, is decent in the air and has a bit of pace on him. Should be my first choice.

Donatien Cotinet: This guy was brought in after impressing at a club organised trial day. Whilst he is lacking in a few areas i liuke his dribbling ability and i feel he can fill a role as an impact player.

Christian Bassila: This guy offers a wealth of experience and should be a rock at the back. Despite his lack of pace, he is a good reader of the game and he is preety good in the air too. Hopefully he can pass on some of his knowledge to improve my younger players.

Tactics:

Tactics wise I will be playing a 4-2-3-1. I chose this formation because I thought the extra man in midfield would allow me to play some slick passing football. My wingers are set up to cut inside and make runs in between the opposition centre back and full back to latch onto any through balls made from my rangey centre Mids. This shape allows me to easily change my style of play and with the options I have in my squad I could easily push the centre mids back to play more defensively if I need to.

Season Objectives:

- Challenge for a playoff spot.

- Develop my youth prospects

- Improve finances

brindisi.png

End of Season Report - Citta di Brindisi - 2014/15 (Season 3)

Competitions

Lega Pro Prima Divisione Girone B - 7th

On the one hand, we blew this season spectacularly. As late as the end of March, we were sitting pretty in 2nd place, having the season of our lives. We'd only lost twice all year, we'd just beaten league leaders Crotone 2-0 at home, and opened up just the slightest possibility that we could overtake them and, unthinkably, get automatic promotion. Then we lost six of our last seven games, and slid out of the playoffs and the promotion picture altogether. But honestly, just being in that position in the first place was so incredibly impressive and utterly unexpected that I can have no real complaints that the dream eventually died. With our wage budget slashed and a threadbare squad in our first season at this level, my personal goal was just survival, though the board was expecting a little more than that. Nevertheless, nobody expected us to be within touching distance of the very top of the table at the business end of the season, and for that reason we can be satisfied with an extremely good season, no matter how it eventually finished up.

Coppa Italia di Lega Pro - 2nd Round (def. by Crotone)

As usual, this competition wasn't at the top of my list of priorities. We cruised through the 1st Round against Serie C2 side Gubbio, but we met our match in Serie C1/B leaders and eventual champions Crotone, who easily disposed of us 4-1.

TIM Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round (def. by Sassuolo)

While this is obviously a much more important competition than the Coppa Italia de Lega Pro, I still wasn't too concerned about our results - a good cup run would be nice for our finances, but performing well in the league was still the focus. We beat fellow C1/B side Andria BAT in the 1st Qualifying Round in a tight encounter, scraping a 1-0 win, before bowing out to mid-table Serie B side Sassuolo, who took care of us in a deceptively one-sided 2-1 win.

Squad and Transfers

Club Overview | First Team Squad | Transfers

I think the transfer screen really tells the tale of the financial plight of the club and the measures I took to try to bring it under control. I released 20 players and only brought one player in. I'm left with just 19 players in my first team squad - and five of those should really be in the U-20 squad and have little long term future at the club. Despite our great season, I'm planning on taking a gamble and releasing several of my more established players in the hope I can get some comparable young players who will have lower wage demands.

Mirko Guadalupi (AM C) - 36 (1) apps (16 gls) - 7.15 average rating: At this point, it goes without saying that Mirko would be on my list of top players. Top scorer with 16 goals for the second season running (and now our all time leading goalscorer), once again he was far and away our best player and without him we would have been nowhere near the top half. When I say I'll be releasing some of my higher earning more established players - obviously Guadalupi won't be among them. He even took a pay cut at the start of the season to help the club's financial situation.

Antonio Serpico (D C) - 36 apps (5 gls) - 7.02 average rating: Another returning character from last season, Serpico again anchored our defence admirably, and cemented his record as a goalscoring defender by grabbing another 5 goals. Once again, he'll be the key cog in my defence next season.

Mattia Damiani (AM LC) - 31 (7) apps (12 gls) - 6.86 average rating: By far the best player to come through our youth system, Damiani made his debut two years ago at the age of 16. Now 18, the youngster has established himself in the first team as the attacking midfield partner of Guadalupi, a player he's attempted to emulate by scoring an impressive 12 goals himself. He's still far from the finished article, but his pace is dangerous at this level and he's undoubtedly our most valuable asset because of his long term potential.

Objectives and History

Last Season's Objectives

• Survive - Success: And then some! 7th place was a finish I definitely would not have predicted at the start of the season, and hopefully is enough to establish us comfortably in the division so survival isn't even too much of a consideration next year
  • Add some depth to the squad - Fail: Our financial situation actually forced me to remove depth from the squad as anyone who wasn't a first team regular was let go in an attempt to stay afloat.
  • Right the financial ship - Fail: We managed to staunch the bleeding ever so slightly, "only" losing £500k this season rather than the £700k we lost the season before, but the club is in dire straits, almost £1m in the red. I've trimmed everything I can from the squad and intend to lower the wage budget even more if possible during the summer. We tripled our gate receipts (we have the 3rd highest average attendance in the division on pure numbers, and the highest on percentage of capacity) and doubled our match day income, but we're being crippled by loan repayments and interest, tax, and nebulous "other" expenses and I don't know where the solution will come from.

Next Season's Objectives

• Another mid-table finish - I think it's entirely possible we could make the playoffs next season, having come so close this time around, but a lot depends on how my gamble of rebuilding part of the squad with younger, cheaper players comes off. It could be great, with their hunger driving an already successful squad to the next level - or I could be disturbing the balance of the side by releasing key components and bringing the whole thing crashing down. We'll see.
  • Try to bring the wage bill down more - The financial situation is getting critical, and even though I've stayed within my wage budget, I think at this point I have to take matters into my own hands and try to cut back even further. Being able to do that and maintain a functioning squad will be an interesting challenge though.
  • Defeat Barletta - Our most hated rivals in the division, we were unable to beat Barletta this season, and lost 4-2 to them in our terrible end of season slump. They ended up finishing in the 2nd place that we had so recently been occupying, and their defeat in the playoff final means we get a chance to take another shot at them this season.

Seasonal Best XI | Overall Best XI

Season     Division        Pos    Domestic Cup                                   European Competitions         Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Serie C2/B      6th    Lega Pro - Group Stage                         N/A                           Lost in Playoffs
2013/14    Serie C2/B      2nd    Lega Pro - 2nd Round                           N/A                           Promoted
2014/15    Serie C1/B      7th    TIM Cup - 2nd Qual. Rnd, Lega Pro - 2nd Rnd    N/A                           N/A

Still a very solid season there iseemonsters even though the results down the stretch obviously weren't what you wanted. Good luck with the financial aspect as well, that's something I've started to struggle with in my game as well.

Question for all: is there a way you can request to have one of your home games be a fan day? We're only averaging about 600 attendance for our 5k stadium, which is just gross, and I'd like to get that number up and get some more income flowing in from gate receipts. I can't find any option though in the boardroom interaction menus.

efrumttr - thanks! One of the big challenges with these smaller teams I suppose is dealing with the finances!

If there is a way to have a match be a fan day, I've never found it. I think I've seen a tip during load screens that says that if you're not filling the stadium regularly, your board might choose to have a home game be a fan day, but nothing about requesting it. I'm guessing there's a bunch of factors that go in to when the board decide to hold a fan day - what your attendances are like compared to capacity, compared to the other teams in the league, compared to the amount of people that might potentially come (i.e. there's more potential to increase attendance if you're a small club in a big city than if you're a small club in a tiny village where everyone who lives there already comes to your games), etc.

aldojags - shame you didn't do as well in your second season, looks like you are lacking a bit of consistency. I personally don't like playing around with my tactics too much, I usually stick iwth one attacking and one defensive one and let them team get used to playing it. I have had seasons where our performance has been a lot better with the same players, just because they are more used to the system.

iseemonsters1 - well done on promotion to Serie C1. A shame you didnt manage to make the playoffs, but that is a very solid first season in the third tier :thup:

LLR - shame you got relegated straight away, seem like the gap between the teams that went down to the rest was quite big. Your squad definately looks good enough for an immediate return, but that reputation thing sure is strange. In my game our reputation usually took a couple of seasons to catch up with the rest of the league, but it always did, strange you being below so many third division teams.

PRDH - That is a very decent result against Atletico Madrid away, hope you can finish the job at home!

efrumttr - good luck with Mulhouse! Interesting to see that you signed Abdou Dieye too, seems to be a handy player to have in the lower french leagues.

As for Real, this season has not been as good as last season, but it seems we will be qualifying for Europe again nonetheless. The gap to the big three has been massive this season though...

EDIT: The local council has blocked ou stadium move for a third year in a row :( We really need to move out to start generating more matchday revenue...

The rest of the Champions' League draw has been made. I face Bayern Munich in the Quarters with a tie against the winners of a contest between Seville and Man Utd awaiting the victors. On the other side of the draw there is a mouth-watering quarter between Real Madrid and Barcelona while Porto fight it out with Lyon.

Bayern is going to be a very tough game, but I think I have a chance.

realab.png

Real Sport Clube – 2022/23 Liga Zon Sagres

Liga Zon Sagres

Media Prediction: 7th

Board Expectation: Top-Half

My Target: European Qualification

League Table: 4th ǁ Position Graph

The league just didn’t run as smooth as last year. Everything that went right last year went wrong this year as there were quite a few injuries and silly red cards, leaving our relatively thin squad exposed. As the second half of the season started it was clear it would be a fight between us, Braga and Nacional da Madeira for two Europa League spots. Again we pulled off a great run of 7 wins and 4 draws at the end of the season to claim 4th spot and a place in the EL.

Europa League

Fixtures

Well, the draw made me uncomfortable as Monaco are quite a decent side, but after beating them 2-0 away I was feeling confident of making it to the group stages. However an abject performance at home saw us get trounced 3-0 and crash out early this campaign.

Taça de Portugal Millennium

Fixtures

Everything was nice and easy until we got a tricky tie away to Vit. Guimarães away. A scrappy game saw them beating us by the single goal. Have to say I am disappointed as I always fancy us to win a tie unless it is against the big three + Braga.

Bwin Cup

Third Phase Group A: 2nd ǁ Fixtures

Bloody Vit. Guimarães again. A very tight group saw us knockout even though we won 2 out of 3 games. After easily beating Boavista and Moreirense we went to Vit. Guimarães only needing a draw but they managed to beat us by the single goal again.

The Royals

Transfers ǁ Squad 1 ǁ Squad 2

Another quiet season in terms of transfers. All signings were back-ups or promising youngsters. The only player that was expected to be playing more regularly was Jens Andersson, who came in halfway through the season. But he was unsettled and spent more time in Sweden than in Portugal. I hope he sorts himself out for this season as he could turn out to be a key player for us. On the outgoing front I sold youngster Guba for a nice € 2.4M, he was a player with some future, but he was demanding first team football too early and already getting on my nerves.

GK: Buick – Another solid season and I don’t see me replacing him anytime soon. If he plays regularly next season he will reach 200 league games for the club.

DR: Teté – Another great season by Teté, which seems to have come at an expense. He thinks he needs to be moving to be a bigger club and asked to be put on the transfer list. He is worth € 1.4M so I will be looking for at least € 2M.

DC: Eid Sayed – Him and Carazinho fought for the second CB spot, with Eid performing better. Have pre-arranged a transfer for a Belarusian defender to replace him.

DC: Vince Jordan – Vince had a good season, even though the defence were not as mean. Is still young so will only improve.

DL: Seyithan Bilir – Seyithan was excellent as usual and has become an Icon at the club. Besiktas have upped their game to try and sign him, hopefully I will be able to hang on to him.

DMC: Arturo Domínguez – Arturo had a good season and has established himself as our anchor man.

MC: Esteban Cardona – Another solid season by Esteban which were rewarded with his first couple of international starts.

MC: Cléber – As expected Cléber moved back to MC with the arrival of Mazibuko and did OK. I think Jens Andersson will take his place next season.

AMC: Clement Mazibuko – Good first season, being a creative force with 14 assists in 27 games, but he was another one who struggled to adapt to Portugal at the start.

ST: Yukinori Sugimoto –Yukinori’s best season so far bagging 20 goals. He is another one who wants to leave, but with an injury keeping him out until Spetmber to October I think he might end up staying a bit longer.

ST: Milton – Slightly weak season by Milton, won’t bring in someone new for now because I have no budget for it, but will see how he does next season and evaluate his position again.

Other News

Finances – First time in years that our balance is close to zero! In large part due to the Guba transfer and the continuous cash injections provided by the board.

I reached my 400th game for Real and at the end of the season I was offered the Braga job. If only I had a budget like that!

This Season Targets

1. Establish ourselves as a top 5 side. Yes – Looked like being tough at the start of the season but another great season finish saw us do it.

2. Get to the Europa League group stages. No – Wouldn’t have been disappointed to go out to Monaco at this stage, but letting such a lead slip was a big disappointment.

3. Try to deepen the squad somehow No – Injuries and Suspensions showe our squad cannot compete with the big boys yet, it is difficult on such a low budget at the moment.

Next Season Targets

1. Another top 5 finish

2. Get to the Europa League group stages.

3. Reach a cup semi-final

It was nice to see we are really a top 5 side, but the gap to the big three was quite big this year, mainly to Benfica and Porto. I think it will take quite a few years to bridge that gap and we will have to do so with good European campaigns to raise our rep quicker. We are already the 11th club in terms of reputation in Portugal, but some decent European performances could bring us closer to the big three.

Career Overview

Season       League                     Pos      Taça de Portugal     Bwin Cup        Europe             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13      2. Divisão - Zona Sul      7th      First Round          N/A             N/A                None
2013/14      2. Divisão - Zona Centro   3rd      Second Round         N/A             N/A                None
2014/15      2. Divisão - Zona Centro   1st      Third Round          N/A             N/A                Promotion
2015/16      Liga Orangina              10th     Second Round         First Phase     N/A                None
2016/17      Liga Orangina              10th     Fourth Round         Second Phase    N/A                None
2017/18      Liga Orangina              8th      Runners-Up           First Phase     N/A                Europa League Qualification 
2018/19      Liga Orangina              2nd      Third Round          Second Phase    EL Group Stage     Promotion
2019/20      Liga Zon Sagres            9th      Fourth Round         Third Phase     N/A                None
2020/21      Liga Zon Sagres            7th      Fifth Round          Third Phase     N/A                None
2021/22      Liga Zon Sagres            3rd      Sixth Round          Third Phase     N/A                Europa League Qualification
2022/23      Liga Zon Sagres            4th      Sixth Round          Third Phase     EL 4th Qual Rnd    Europa League Qualification

It's Quarter Final time. The first leg will be played in Munich. Hoping to put in a similar performance to that the team produced in Madrid.

Kick off

4 mins - Corner. Fink's ball in clears everyone in the box and goes out for a throw in. 0-0

15 mins - Vieira plays a one-two with Neira which sets him free but his shot goes wide. 0-0

27 mins - Bentalaa's cross is cleared off the line. 0-0

33 mins - Some indecisive play in the back four allows Bayern to get a dangerous cross in. And it's volleyed home. 1-0

44 mins - Cardoso with a chance to equalise but he bends his shot just wide. 1-0

45+1 mins - Dias pulls off a great save to keep us in it. 1-0

Half time

52 mins - Another Fink corner goes out for a throw in. 1-0

67 mins - A nice move breaks down when Neira shoots tamely straight at the 'keeper. 1-0

Full time - well, the second half rather fizzled out there. A 1-0 defeat in the first leg. We were their equal everywhere except for in the finishing stakes. We're still in this tie though, make no mistake there.

Nope. We won 3-2 to lose on away goals. A terrible first half put us out as we were 0-2 very quickly. We rallied and got back in it, but not quite enough. Dream over again.

Edit - To rub it in Porto have just beaten Real Madrid over two legs to get into the CL Final. A stunning performance and very good for Portugal's co-efficient, but if they win it I'll be mighty frustrated!

Well, it was a winnable game, but they didn't win. They lost on penalties after a 2-2 draw. Sounds like a decent performance. But, a look at the match report revealed that it was actually pretty poor. Sevilla had a man sent off in the 35th minute and then another one off in the 77th. Despite that they won the game. Porto must be gutted about that. And to make matters worse they haven't qualified for next season's tournament.

I just had the best long(ish) term injury happen to a player so far, as weird as that may sound.

Sugimoto was complaining about wanting to go to a bigger club and wouldnt sign a new deal, which would expire at the end of the current season. But then he got injured at the end of last season with a broken foot, which kept him out for 4 months past the transfer deadline day. He of course didnt move and on his comeback performance he scored 5 goals and got a 10.0 match rating. Even better, he stated to the media that he wanted to repay the faith I had showed in him and signed a new deal! Such a bizarre turn of events!

Archived