FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tommy - I believe Ohanzee completed with Scotland, biggest challenge was getting from 3rd to 1st in Scotland, and then getting into the top of the Champs League

PRDH - Yes they probably were completed over there, not sure...

Danger_Mouse - That sucks, happened to me with FM10 as AD Fafe got promoted which meant I couldn't use them anymore.

Yes, LLR pretty much summed it up. I think keeping players after their initial contract was also a slight problem, but that's the case in any league under the really big ones tbh. Scotland was fun though. Their foreign player rules are pretty open if I remember correctly. You could probably play a team full of Brazilians if you wanted, that is if you can manage to get work permits.

Diyarbakır Büyükşehir Belediye Spor

Diskispor is a Turkish sports club based in Diyarbakır. The football club plays in the TFF Second League. Diskispor is the football club of Diyarbakır Metropolitan Municipality. They take their name from "DISKI".

Diyarbakır Büyükşehir Belediye Spor

Diskispor is a Turkish sports club based in Diyarbakır. The football club plays in the TFF Second League. Diskispor is the football club of Diyarbakır Metropolitan Municipality. They take their name from "DISKI".

I envy you, I started holidaying 9 minutes before you and i'm only in the start of April.... good luck anyway!

I made screens of the league rules for all 8 nations in case anyone wants to see those before they decide where to go. These are just the rules for the top division though, as that's when squad registration and foreign or non-eu players can begin to become a real issue in my experience. I know at least some of you (including me) will enjoy a game less if the squad registration rules tough, so maybe some will find it useful at least.

France | Spain | Italy | Portugal | Germany | Scotland | Turkey | Russia

Keep in mind that the rules may actually change after 1 season. This was the case in Turkey last year at least, where you could register 10 foreign players the first season, but it was changed to 8 after, which at least caught me off guard. I only found out after signing 10 foreign players, resulting in banging my head against the wall for a few minutes. :o

So first load actually seems to have got me one of the clubs I had thought about playing with, may do one more load. But first...If anyone wants one of these teams just ask:

Alfaro, Haro, Terrassa, Leonesa, Ferrol, Noja, Pontevedra, Merida, Alicante, Castellon, Extremadura, Portugalete, Antequera, Jerez, Marabella, Santa Brigida...

Back to Haro LLR? I see Noja, they were lots of fun, and there's only 4 letters in their name to. :lol:

Good luck global1 and Tony Hawker! Turkey is tough. I'll be cheering for both of you. :)

I'm on holiday in Portugal atm. It's between that and France for me I think. But Portugal most likely.

Going to be holidaying in Portugal, figured that having never played there in about 5 FM versions, it's time to give it a go. I also like the lack of restrictions as I tend to build a pretty international squad.

Here's the default reps for the Top Leagues in this challenge:

France - 155

Turkey - 135

Germany - 172

Italy - 170

Portugal - 145

Spain - 180

Russia - 140

Scotland - 117

Holland is the next highest rep (outside of Scotland) it has 134 rep, followed by Greece(125) and Belgium (122)

Good Luck Amethyst...Hmmm last season we made the changeover at 145 on agreement with Gundo, according to that we would lose Turkey & Russia once more...I think we just stick with what we have as Holland, Greece & Belgium are where they were last year.

I now have saves with: Ourense, Pena Sport, Avila, Parla & Estepona if anyone is interested...

I must be dumb, but I'm actually having a hard time figuring out exactly which teams are newly promoted from this new graph view. Am I right in assuming that if the bottom right hand numbers (on the graph) does not say 11/12, then it is a valid team?

*edit* Btw, Portugal reset the 29th for me.

Des Tiny's

Agrupación Deportiva Parla

4212780.png

The Beginnings

July 10th 2012

The Future

In Brief

Predicted: 20th

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

My Aims: Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: €8.94k

Wage Budget: €13.5k

Current Wages: €7,047

Des Tiny has been signed by AD Pavla, another 5 letter team, they have only been in the Second Division on odd occasions in the past, but they have at least one famous name in their previous players list. A certain Rafa Benetiz played for them from 1981-1985 and is still an icon at the club.

| Manager Info | Club Overview | My Stadium |

So first up was a brief look at my Squad, it is a bit bare, but Juanma looks alright for this level. No-one's spot is guaranteed, but I think I want to try and get a few guys in on trial and see what I can do going forwards.

I must be dumb, but I'm actually having a hard time figuring out exactly which teams are newly promoted from this new graph view. Am I right in assuming that if the bottom right hand numbers (on the graph) does not say 11/12, then it is a valid team?

Correct any that don't say 11/12 (There is an exception in Spain "Huracan Valencia" were a new club in 2DB in 2010/11, are not eligible)

A Canadian's Journey in Portugal

Ac. Viseu

First Look

Predicted: 6th

Expectations: Top Half Finish

Fortunate, despite an ambitious board, we have a significant amount free under the wage budget, so there will possibly be quite a few signings

Start of Season Expectations

Club Overview

Manager Profile

Hopefully I didn't miss anything, and off to Portugal I go!

Edit: Hopefully will get better at screenshots over time, lol

Ohanzee - It was taking me ages to decide as well, until I randomly saw Rafa on Parla's Icon list.

Then went through my checklist

Name: Like it - Check

Kit: Like it - Check

Stadium: 4000 - Check (Bout avg size)

Reputation: Very Low - Check (Only Andorra CF are lower in 2DB)

Thought this club fitted my bill quite well, it is also located on the outskirts of Madrid, and has a rivalry with Getafe (Liga BBVA) = Perfect.

Reputation: Very Low - Check (Only Andorra CF are lower in 2DB)

Where do you check this? Club profile says "Local" or "Obscure" on every club for me. Is there a list-view where you can compare teams?

*edit* Nvm, I found it. That's really handy.

Where do you check this? Club profile says "Local" or "Obscure" on every club for me. Is there a list-view where you can compare teams?

*edit* Nvm, I found it. That's really handy.

Yeah that list view is awesome, means we don't have to actually use the editor to check the numbers anymore...was one thing I discovered in the Demo.

So I wanted to take over Castellón, but seeing as they were predicted 4th after just being promoted, I felt as this was a huge advantage over other players. So...

...well, I don't know if this club will sound familiar to any posters in here, but here we go...

escudo_hsc1914.jpg

Predicted: 17th

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: €10.839

Wage Budget: €935k per season

Current Wages: €679k

After retiring from soccer, Taylor Twellman starts his managing career in Spain, of all places. The New England idol said he wanted to "start from scratch", and that he will "use his knowledge in Spanish to get this small club to success..or at the least, to hanging around the lower leagues for the next 20 to 30 years."

Haro has been a very uneventful club since 1914, but it has the honor to be the oldest club in La Rioja, Navarra.

Very little more to say. A very lengthy squad with five goalkeepers and eight strikers--we'll have to do some cleanup. We do have a good E108k in the bank.

Anyway...here we go! LLR, we'll see were I get with these guys!

T24

A Canadian's Journey in Portugal

Ac. Viseu

First Look

Predicted: 6th

Expectations: Top Half Finish

Fortunate, despite an ambitious board, we have a significant amount free under the wage budget, so there will possibly be quite a few signings

Start of Season Expectations

Club Overview

Manager Profile

Hopefully I didn't miss anything, and off to Portugal I go!

Edit: Hopefully will get better at screenshots over time, lol

how do you take pics and post them like this thread????

how do you take pics and post them like this thread????

This is described in the first post...ALT+F9 in FM will save a screenshot to your User folder under screenshots, then you upload them using a site like Imageshack or Photobucket, and post it as a link here using "Your text Here"[*/url] removing the *'s from that.

V5vCe.png

The Beginning July 2012

Predicted - 16th

Board Epectation - Avoid Relegation

My Expectation - Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget - £9,140

Wage Budget - £13,042 per week

Current Wages - £4,684 per week

Peña Sport FC of the Spanish Second Division B2 today announced the Appointment of new manager James Almond. Almond who spent his playing career in England is very excited to have this opportunity and has stated his aim for the season as being to avoid relegation.

The Squad doesn't seem too bad but it could do with a bit of strengthening especially at the right back position and maybe another striker.

Peña Sport have had spent all of their time in existence in the lower leagues of Spanish football but I aim to bring them the success they so evidently want and deserve.

Welcome aboard Almondo, good luck with Pena Sport, looks like a good crowd in Spain already.

I have added save games in Italy & as Queens Park in Scotland so far, holidaying in Portugal as I type.

Edit: Added France & Portugal now.

I will get saves for Turkey, Russia & Germany up tomorrow, and hopefully some more for France/Scotland to provide some alternative teams. I am back to Parla now to get going.

Casa Pia was founded in 1920, but has not been in the top division since 1938 when they were relegated with 2 points in 14 games. However there is some history, as the first match the Portugal national team ever played in 1921 had four Casa Pia players. This included the captain Candido de Oliveira, who played his only ever game for Portugal in the 3-1 loss to Spain. They also had a 1 season spell in the top division back in 1938/39, that being the first season after the Portuguese football reform of 1938.

Not much of a history to be honest, but the main reason I picked this club is that it is based in Lisbon. The idea obviously to one day knock Benfica and Sporting off their throne in the capital city of Portugal. That's pretty much the only reason I picked them actually. After about 50 reloads and not finding any minor fact to interest me in other clubs.

Stadium is well below average (5k), reputation obscure, and the media predicts we'll finish 11th. That's not really saying a lot in terms of reputation though as 15 of 16 teams in this group (Central) are at the same level. Espinho being the only 1 star team. The only teams above 1 star in this division are Boavista and Varzim, and both of them are luckily in the North group. Not that it matters much as we'll have to beat them in a playoff anyways if we by some miracle should manage to win our group.

I've decided to try and avoid relegation, giving me a transfer budget of £0 and wage budget of £3.5k p/w. We have no assistant, physio or scout, so that's my first order of business.

The only reason I mention it is because it would need a database edit and the OP explicitly states no edits beyond those already disclosed :)

Just me being a bit of a pedant, so all is good

I suspect you may be able to do it through a DDT file? Not 100% sure, but I also do prefer the real names...

Scouting seems a bit different. Signed 2 scouts and both of them came with about 30 reports of players out of the box. Both were automatically assigned to central Europe to. And when I sent one of them to scout Portugal he came back the very next day saying he was done. He had a whole of 2 reports. I like that they come with some knowledge out of the box though, found a couple of decent free transfers right away.

What I do not like one bit is that I'm not allowed to offer pro-contracts at all any more. So no pro-training schedules. Guess we'll have to get promoted at least twice before we can start training our players properly.

Scouting seems a bit different.

What I do not like one bit is that I'm not allowed to offer pro-contracts at all any more..

Like the scouting, it seems to be quite a lot better.

I am torn on the contracts, kinda sucks that there is no full time contracts at Part time clubs, but it may be a bit more realistic as well.

Archived