FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done brettney, hopefully you can do better than i am doing right now. Relegation is looking very likely this season :(

Just out of interest what does your budgets look like? I think survival will be a massive accomplishment looking at the Squads of even the lower prem sides.

My board are fantastic. Despite the mounting debt (at almost £400k right now) they've agreed to an increase in the wage budget two years running now. So desperately needed as well. Could be the difference between relegation and survival this year

Well the sale of tope CF last year was the only time i've been in the black since i've been here so i can understand why the board would want us to be careful, they do seem a little unfair though at times keep refusing to fix our pitch - Terrible condition at the moment and opposing managers are always complaining.

What do we think of this guy, Premier level!?

My board lowered mine from £17k to £12k this season, but it don't matter as that's around where I'm at anyways. Got a few under 21 internationals in my squad now. It's all good until they all go away on international duty while we have to play matches. 6 players away for the next match. :rolleyes:

My board lowered mine from £17k to £12k this season, but it don't matter as that's around where I'm at anyways. Got a few under 21 internationals in my squad now. It's all good until they all go away on international duty while we have to play matches. 6 players away for the next match. :rolleyes:

Yeah i keep getting that, got an handful of German U19's 1 U21 and a few players now getting some Turkish U21 action.

So no real Pace, lack of Concentration, poor Decision making but Has a cool name and a Finishing of 19 worth a shot as a super sub i think.

EDIT: 2,000/1 for the Title :)

Good odds. I'll have a fiver on that. The super sub will do the business, guaranteed!

In Novese news, decent signings have been made, including almost a complete overhaul of the defence (full backs anyway) and some new bulk to the CM positions. I'm being ridiculed in the press as dead certs to go down. I hope not seeing as I told the board we were going for mid-table...rash? Hope not :D

Erm. So we won our first Serie C1A game of the season. No big deal. Nothing to see here.

We only went and demolished Triestina (who are predicted to come 1st this year and were Serie B last year) 7-0 !!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Very nice result that iacovone. good to see both your strikers got hat tricks

Awesome win iacovone!! Funny how Natale stole the penalty from Montella, who was on a hat-trick at that point, and then Montella stole one from Natale who was then on a hat-trick, and they both still ended up with one each. :lol:

SV_Wilhelmshaven.png

SV Wilhelmshaven Season 2012-2013 Season Report

So I had started at Viseu, but despite success in Portugal I never really got into the save. I just didn't like that it was going to be years and years before I could compete with the big 3 in Portugal. I still have the save and may go back, but not right now.

I've always enjoyed playing in Germany so I'm doing the challenge in Germany. I holidayed about 8000 times before I got a team I could really get behind. SV Wilhelmshaven. A club that is the product of about 5 mergers in their history and whose high point was in 1975 when they reached the Second Division and promptly got relegated. A real minnow to say the least.

Club Profile Club Info Manager Profile Facilities

League: We got off to a poor start and were languishing mid table at the winter break, however after the break the squad promptly gelled and we ran up the table, even touching 1st place for a time before slipping back at the end of the season. However we secured a playoff place after a draw with Unterhaching. This put us up against last year's champion of the 3rd division, Heidelheim. We survived the home leg 1-0 to secure our spot in the 2. Bundesliga!

Cup: Were not entered in the German cup which was a bit odd

Key Players:

Miletic - Our rock at the back

Oper - The experienced striker took a while to get going, but was our top scorer with 17

Pellowski - Wasn't going to be the first choice DC, but claimed the spot and held on to it

Qvist - The other main striker, played well, though inconsistent

Voss - Our keeper for this division and the foreseeable future

Transfers: Nearly everyone when I took over had their contract expire in June. They were mostly horrible so I let them go. Which freed up the wage structure to sign some actual talent

Finances: Lost 500k

Youth:

Puttkammer - What a great name, and a decent prospect too

Wagner - 5 star potential, could be a huge prospect for the club

Weimann - The worst of the three but still has a shot at a good career

Stadium Move - Taken by surprise to be honest, our old Stadium fit 7500 (2200 seated) and our new stadium is an 11k all-seater, which is better, sure but not great. It also puts us on mediocre financial footing which is going to make survival in the 2. Bundesliga quite difficult

Next season - Survival will be considered a good season. Just looked out our info screen. Club valued at 325k, loan debt of 10.75 million. This could go badly

Very nice, had my 2nd decent result last night. Only got about 3 games to go and basically i NEED to win them all really or hope i draw some and the teams above don't win. The player who scored for them is ridiculously good.

Almost got a draw with Fenerbahce but the points were robbed while i was changing tactics :(

afyonkarahisarspor(1).jpg

Afyonkarahisarspor - End of Season 2019/20

Squad | Club Info | Finances[/url]

League/(Finished 14th)

Well this didn't really go as i thought it might and i was almost relegated, only saving myself in the last few games which i think was due to me changing to a tactic i'd not used before, and went unbeaten for 4 games while using it. Lost a lot of games in the last few minutes again losing me valuable points.

Also as you can see with the squad, my strikers were poor.

Turkish Cup (Lost in 4th Round)

Again, nothing good here losing in the first round i went into again. We should have won the game though really, better luck next year i guess.

Transfers

I brought in quite a lot this year and none of them impressed me really. Already for the new season i've got a number of more experienced players coming in on a free, all Turkish so far too. Still looking for maybe 2 or 3 more players to come in.

I'm also going to try and lure some ex-players into my backroom staff.

Overall

A disappointing season and i deserved to go down to be honest the way we played in some games.

Hopefully with more experienced players coming in and bringing in a striker that can do the job, i can hopefully push for those european play-off places.

History

[b][u]Season[/u]       [u]League[/u]           [u]Pos.[/u]    [u]Cup[/u]          [u]Europe[/u]     [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
12/13        Turkish Div.2    4th     3rd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
13/14        Turkish Div.2    3rd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals
14/15        Turkish Div.2    2nd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
15/16        Turkish Div.2    1st     4th Round    ------     PROMOTION!!!!
16/17        Turkish Div.1    5th     5th Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals
17/18        Turkish Div.1    1st     2nd Round    ------     PROMOTION!!!!
18/19        Turkish Prem    11th     4th Round    ------     Surviving Relegation
19/20        Turkish Prem    14th     4th Round    ------     Surviving Relegation

Ohanzee - Once you find something that works you'll destroy that league.

iacovone - Congrats on the promotion and keeping Natale!

brettney - Awesome stuff, your goal difference says much more than your points total, looks like you destroyed the other teams.

Amethyst - Well done on clinching promotion, Wagner is indeed a huge prospect.

Charlesbeams - Better luck next year, staying up was key here as it allows you to build up your squad to challenge for Europe.

el sid, Onwards & upwards with Koblenz!

neushoorn70, Good luck with RB Leipzig!

TanO, Solid season again. Unlucky missing promotion though.

Charlesbeams, Very solid first season in Premier even though the next one ended a bit worse. It'll be a good climbing once you establish yourself there which is what you have achieved in the last 2 seasons imo.

Welsh Wizard, If you are going to achieve what you had in dafuge's we'll surely see some interesting reports from you ;)

Ohanzee, On to 3rd season and hopefully you'll be storming that league now!

iacovone, Ohh the frustration really! Promotion is a promotion though, one way or the other. Natale & Montella looks deadly and the likes of those two is what I am lacking now.

brettney1980, Lovely end to the season mate. The big boys shall fear the Tunas! :)

Amethyst21, Already promoted before we even know you started a game in Germany. Nice work!

On other news, my start to season has been a roller coaster so far. I really can't get how we can lose to relegation battlers 4-0 and win 3-0 the very next game. Or how come when we concede freely, we manage to hold a clean sheet and even win vs a promotion candidate! Take a look for yourself.

Anadolu Üsküdar 12/13 Season Fixture

Hopefully we will work around those horrendous displays conceding in nearly every opportunity or we are in for a tough relegation battle indeed.

Amethyst21 - Good luck in Germany, and congrats on already getting one promotion!

Charlesbeams - Sad to see you so low after several great results against big teams. Hope you find some better form this season, I see you're off to a good start. Good luck!

5ergio - Cheers, I'm done with my 3rd season, will update asap. Tough start for you there, hope you can find a way to turn it around or at least hang on above relegation spots. I can't seem to work out the defensive side in the game myself either so far. Just went all out attack this season since I'm gonna concede 1-3 per game no matter what it seems.

FC Mulhouse 2014/2015

2nd in French National (pred: 10th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

One big change for me this season as I decided to give up on defending and go with 3 strikers. It not only got us more goals, but we actually conceded less as well.

We could have walked the league this season if we hadn't combusted into flames as usual in the last few games. With 9 to go we were 4 points clear of 4th place with 2 points up to 1st. At that point we even had a fairly decent defensive record, at about 1 conceded per game. Then we went on a 7 game tour de la horrible defense. 7 games without a win. Even though 5 were draws we managed to concede 19 bloody goals in those 7 games!!! :mad: Luckily for us the 3 teams we were fighting against were equally aweful. With 2 games left we were still 2 points clear. We won those two, but we actually could have lost both of them as well and still gotten 3rd place.

Promotion at last! :applause:

I officially hate this division. 48 goals conceded and we're actually only 5th worst in the league. And only 2 teams were more than 3 goals better than us. It seems everyone is going with 2 strikers and gung-ho wingers, making it hopeless to defend. I'm glad we're done, but Ligue 2 don't seem that much better tbh. I just hope we can stay up.

The Cups (french cup)

Amazing run this season. As I mentioned we beat Monaco in the 9th round. That's Ligue 1 Monaco btw. We then decided to hammer RC Lens (Ligue 2) 5-1 away in the next round. Shocking!! When we went on to beat Toulouse, who finished 4th in Ligue 1 btw, 3-2 away in the 11th round I had already given up trying to understand my players. The same 11 that were having trouble beating bottom teams in the National were playing their socks off against Ligue 1 teams. :rolleyes:

We then drew Trelissac FC in the quarter final, a CFA team, and I thought maybe we could cruise to a semi final. No such luck as we barely managed to grind out a 1-0 win. We got lucky with the draw once again in the semi finals as we pulled Beauvais Oise out of the hat. They finished last in Ligue 2 and as such will be below us next season. We beat them 4-2 away in a thrilling encounter.

In the final we had to play Olympique Lyonnais. This was in the middle of our amazing 19 goals conceded in 7 games in the league run, so I was expecting a real hammering. It never got that bad, but I still don't really wanna talk about it. 9 yellow and 2 red cards was all we managed to get from the game. Still, an amazing cup run with some very exciting performances.

The Squad (ratings)

As I mentioned we went with 3 strikers this season and the attackers (and central midfielders) seemed to enjoy this. Here are some picks.

Tchanile Tidjani - 20 goals in 29 starts. He's finally starting to show his ability.

Geoffrey Malfleury - 23 goals in 30 starts. He's not got 20+ goals in 3 seasons in a row. Quite impressive as he don't look that amazing. I think his pace and acceleration must be what's driving him.

Matthias Lepiller - 24 goals in 38 starts. New guy this season and he did well. I was hoping for a few more assists though with his creativitiy.

Marcel Essombe - My 4th choice striker was not as good as the rest, but he did chip in 11 goals so he deserve a mention.

Claude Ebwelle - New man in midfield. He was brilliant, assisting 23 goals.

Nicola De Ambrogi - Another new man in midfield. I was expecting even more from him tbh, but 7 goals in 31 from his midfield position is good. He has Ligue 1 potential, so I hope we can keep him.

Jacopo Galimberti - The only one we could really trust not to make silly mistakes in defense. Played 42 matches and never below 6.0, scoring 12 goals in the process.

Federico Micheli - Galimbertis partner. He did ok, but far to often he made huuuuuge mistakes giving him several 5.3, 5.2, 5.0, etc ratings.

Sergio Mendonca - Joined late, but did well in the games he got. Our best defensive midfielder.

Matthieu Pichot - Our goalkeeper. Not amazing by any means, but may as well mention him as he played more games than anyone else.

Overall I'm pleased with the performance, except the full backs. It never went more than 1-2 games between one (or both) of them making enormous mistakes. I dunno if something has changed in the match engine or if it's just the way French teams play, but I've never had this big problems in this position before. Not sure what to do about it. Probably just stick with it and hope it'll work out once our players get better.

The Club

Finances are looking ok thanks to the great cup run. We're on the positive side of zero. This means that the board have finally agreed to relay our pitch, which is in horrible condition and the talking point of opposition managers a head of every damn game. Hopefully this can actually help us in our own how games next season to. Average attendance went up a bit to 854 this season, but that's also all down to the cup run.

The Future

Hoping we turn profesional now, that would be a huge boost. Goal is to stay up and never play in this horrible division ever again.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	CdlL		FC		Europe		NOTES[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]12/13[/b]	FN	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/FCMulhouse/s1tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	-		10th round	-		So close
[b]13/14[/b]	FN	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/FCMulhouse/s2tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	-		10th round	-		...
[b]14/15[/b]	FN	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/FCMulhouse/s3tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-		final lost	-		Promotion!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
L1 = Ligue 1 | L2 = Ligue 2 | FN = French National | CdlL = Coup de la League | FC = French Cup

[b][u][color=Blue]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

dust balls rollin' by ...

160px-Alicante_cf_128px.png

End of Season Update - 2012/2013 - Alicante Club de Fútbol

Media Prediction - 15th

Actual Position - 3rd - Graph

Finances - Overall

League:- Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Well what can i say, We were losing alot of money every week while under budget and without spending any money on transfers, the club were really in need of a new stadium or promotion, or both!

Sitting just out side of a play-off spot around Christmas we really needed a push to get into the play-offs, we went on a fantastic unbeaten run towards the end and clinched 3rd spot.

The play-offs were hard, although we only lost 1 match we didn't make it easy for ourselves, we just had afew players who played some of the best football they had played all season.

The club also injected some funds.

Upgrades:

Just the one upgrade due to Promotion

Players:

Best Eleven

Transfer's

Next Season Aims:

• Avoid relegation.
  • Improve club finances.

Season   |    Division    |  Position  |   Comments
--------------------------------------------------------

[left] 2012/2013  |   Segunda B3   |    3rd     |[/left]

Ohanzee, Finally! Promotion was expected but the cup run tops that I'd have to say!

danger mouse, Nice push and promotion mate! Keep going!

Ohh, and I forgot to mention something. Remember me bitching about the massive squad and no transfer offers? With reserves & u18s included I have 54(!) registered players. Fifty-four!! :eek: At least two is leaving in Jan. Seems like I won't ever renew a contract here with any player.

Good promotion Ohanzee, I had a feeling you'd do it this year. That cup run was incredible as well. :thup: However, in your post you say you finished 3rd a few times, but the league table shows you finished second. :)

Promotion from Segunda B in your first season is very good danger_mouse hope you do well in Liga Adelante!

good to see some of the familiar faces from the last few years still going strong in this challenge.

after a lengthy hiatus, i am now back and ready to get stuck into this challenge again, hopefully repeat the successes of Lubeck a few years ago...

shall post an update on where i am shortly

Charlesbeams I'm sure you can improve next season, the result against Galatasaray surely is a sign of things to come

Ohanzee Very well done! Ebwelle looks good, and with so many assists! He is clearly unselfish without a goal for himself. Have you got any rivals in the city or nearby to take away the fanbase, or has the attendance got potential to increase?

danger_mouse - Congrats on the promotion! Great first season, good luck at the next level!

Romanista1994 - Thanks for noticing, no idea why I put 3rd. Probably just been so focused on being top 3. :o

Flashman - Ebwelle takes most of our corners to so he probably got 10 or so there, but he's definitely a prospect. I'm not sure about rivals, the information screen just have Sochaux in higher divisions, but no fierce rivals. The commune and city of Mulhouse have a population of 100k+ so the potential is there I guess, but I'm not sure the game even considers these things?

5ergio, Romanista1994 and Ohanzee Thanks alot, it was a good season apart from the £2m in debt, but most games in Liga Adelante are on TV and that means an extra....what for it....£9k per game but every little helps. And I have a very good prospect who has scored 8 in 5 games so far but don't let that fool you on how well I'm doing, I signed this guy on a free and gave him £4.4k p/w which is the highest earner at the club but I think a good offer will come for him in January.

Just had a look at the goal analysis for us the last 50 matches. We score a crazy amount of goals from passes and most of our finishes as placed shots. I like that, and it looks like it's all well spread around as well, both conceded and scored. We're also the 4th best team in the league on corners. Not bad considering I haven't put any thought into it at all so far.

How are you guys doing? I love these new analysis screens.

East_Stirlingshire_FC-logo-0D7C07AB36-seeklogocom.gif

END OF SEASON UPDATE 2016-2017

well we manage to stay up in the spl we finished 11 wit 35 points

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/ClydesdaleBankPremierLeagueOverview_Stages.png

my top goal score was filipe vieira with 6

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/FilipeVieiraOverview_Profile.png

also most of my transfers were signed for free

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/EastStirlingshireTransfers_History-3.png

Argh 6k over the wage budget and now my scout finds a striker who has potential to be a good Bundesliga player :( Not able to offer him more than £100 a week. Really hope other clubs leave him alone and I'm able to sign him in January

tommy1872 - Well done staying up. Good luck next season!

I keep getting great news atm :

- Turned professional!

- £4.5M to be payed out in TV money over the season.

- £2.5M transfer budget (up from £15k)

- £27k p/w wage budget (up from £12k)

- Able to sign 12 coaches (up from 4)

- Able to sign 8 scouts (up from 2)

- Able to scout all of Europe (up from just Central Europe)

It's like Christmas Eve!! :D

Wow! I'm not sure where that came from. Spluttering towards the end of my first Premier League season, in a real battle at the bottom and I suddenly pul out a 7-1 win!

Edit - Erm. I'm now 4-0 up at half time in the next game. I've no idea what has happened, I mean I'm not complaining, it looks set to save me, but seriously - where's this come from! It turned into a 5-0 victory.

Edit2 - And then a 3-1 win. Where has this form come from? Why couldn't it happen earlier in the season?

Good job in staying up tommy1870! :thup:

In Barakaldo news I've managed to confirm the huge loan signing of Igor Gabilondo from Athletic. He could make a huge difference to our season from the left. I thought I'd put in a cheeky loan bid which Athletic accepted since he was transfer listed, but I never expected to actually see him join us and the best thing is that we won't be paying any of his wages. :cool:

Archived