FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After slacking off for a week I’ve jumped back into my Clyde game and got the third season underway. Brought in many new players for our first season back in the First Division. As per usual we played like complete muppets in the pre-season friendlies, regardless of who the opponent was. Our attempt to defend the Challenge Cup ended in the First Round, though I did finally get beyond the First Round in the League Cup.

In the league we started by getting thumped 4-0 by Queen Of The South and conceded 10 goals in the first three games. Things have looked up since then and a couple of wins has seen us move up into mid table. Still a long way to go though.

Good first season in the top Tier Charlesbeams, never looked like getting into a relegation battle. A few signings and an aim for Europe!? Or too soon?

Cheers.

If i can bring in the right players, i might be able to push for the european play-off places, but i'm not sure on actually getting a place, not sure how it actually works, but i think 1 team misses out.

iacovone - I might be tempted to stick Natale on a midfielder training schedule for a few months. If you can improve his passing he'd be a great Totti-esque figure.

I had thought about that and originally I had him playing as a trequartista. But we're actually short on strikers - I only have 3 genuine strikers (I've been incredibly lucky not to have one of them injured) so for now he'll remain as a striker. He's started to find the net a bit more regularly now though which is good. As a target man he's a bit of a beast

Cheers.

If i can bring in the right players, i might be able to push for the european play-off places, but i'm not sure on actually getting a place, not sure how it actually works, but i think 1 team misses out.

As far as I know top 4 plays for Euro spots in a Championship Group. The other 4 plays to see whether the 5th team will go to Europe or not I believe. Here in Turkey we have no idea how it will work out even now in real life so I can't say much on the game to be honest :)

I had thought about that and originally I had him playing as a trequartista. But we're actually short on strikers - I only have 3 genuine strikers (I've been incredibly lucky not to have one of them injured) so for now he'll remain as a striker. He's started to find the net a bit more regularly now though which is good. As a target man he's a bit of a beast

Aha, I remembered seeing you say he was playing that role. As a striker he's all there.

iacovone it might be worthwile setting Natale's training focus to technique and get him to learn the 'shoots with power' PPM since his finishing is good so he'll hit the target most of the time and especially at that level the goalkeepers won't be able to hold a well-struck (hence the technique training), powerful shot.

As far as I know top 4 plays for Euro spots in a Championship Group. The other 4 plays to see whether the 5th team will go to Europe or not I believe. Here in Turkey we have no idea how it will work out even now in real life so I can't say much on the game to be honest :)

Ah well, i'll just have to wait and see what happens if i do get into those positions.

Signed my first player over £1m - John Bolano

Just noticed a 15 year old regen with 5* potential sitting in my U-19 team. His positions are WBR natural/DC accomplished/DR competent and is currently doing DC training, as I reckon he could be a better DC. Promoted him straight to the Senior Squad :cool: . Here's hoping he makes it someday :)

Quick question - Does anyone know how long it takes for an option to become available again after asking the board. I asked them at the beginning of the season to expand my scouting network, I want to try again in the hope of being able to scout Jorge Rodriguez (the guy I mentioned above).

January has come round and it's that time again - I could sign Jorge Rodriguez in a pre-contract, but I still can't scout him. Excruciating.

Edit - He's signed a new contract. So at least he won't be joining anyone else on a free. One day he will play for Lusitania Acores - hopefully!

Back with FC Chita(with multi saves ;) ) so just updated my first posted.

58003109.png

The Beginning July 2012

The club was founded in 2006 as a result of reorganization of FC Lokomotiv Chita which was excluded from the First Division. FC Chita was immediately admitted to the Second Division.

The club plays it games at Lokomotiv Stadium, Chita (Capacity: 12,500)

Predicted - 17th

Board Epectation - Avoid Relegation

My Expectation - Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget - £33,633

Wage Budget - £20,625 per week

Current Wages - £19,869 per week

| Manager Info | Club Overview | Club Info | My Stadium | Squad

Having looked at the squad and moved the no-hopers we are a bit short of players and going to have to get some in. Not much room to move with wages so going to have to wheel & deal a fair bit. Got some good young players but will they be good enough to keep us up is another question.

tommy1872 - Congrats on promotion and best of luck battling it out with the Old Firm. :)

rlipscombe - Looks like a decent summer of transfer business. Hope they all gel together quickly.

TanO - like the update style. :thup: A good season of consolidation - I'm sure you'll be moving up the table next year!

Charlesbeams - Very solid first season in the top flight (see what I meant about the bottom half being very similar in quality to the 1st Division?) Good luck with getting into the play-off positions next time (and getting your head around how they work!)

Charlesbeams - Good job staying at the top. Nice finances! Now to start pushing towards the top. Good luck!

iacovone - That mid-season table looks amazing. Good luck in the 2nd half. Natale looks a great prospect. Montella and (Di) Natale has the right cling to it for an amazing attacking duo. Don't think they ever played together? But I'm sure it would be amazing if they had. Oh you're already promoted, can't blink in here. :lol: Congrats!

ArranoBeltza - Good luck in Italy!

LLR - 100+ goals, well done! Barca and Real better watch out.

RyMaX - Good luck in the First Division!

el sid - Wochnik looks really promising if your assistant is right. 6+ in all the right places and with that determination he might fulfill his potential.

Welsh Wizard - Good luck in Russia!

Charlesbeams - Very solid first season in the top flight (see what I meant about the bottom half being very similar in quality to the 1st Division?) Good luck with getting into the play-off positions next time (and getting your head around how they work!)
Charlesbeams - Good job staying at the top. Nice finances! Now to start pushing towards the top. Good luck!

Cheers, not going too well in the new season. Getting really frustrated when conceding late in a game, lost many points because of it.

Have just been offered an international job.

FC Mulhouse 2013/2014

7th in French National (pred: 10th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

What to say, I think the table speaks for itself. Pretty close again, but just not consistent enough. I think maybe my expectations are to high though. Looking at some team stats from this season it's quite clear that we're not exactly the top club in the division. :o

Average Attendance | Salary Per Annum

The Cups (french cup)

10th round again. Bit annoyed that we didn't make it one step further as we drew Chamois Niortais from our own division, but lost on penalties in the end.

The Squad (ratings)

I think Malfleury is the only one worth a mention this season as he once again was our top goal scorer. If 4-5 other players were as consistent as him we'd storm the league.

The Club

Lost money again this season, although £400k less than last season. Board provided a £400k cash injection at one point which helped a bit. I also kept our wages really tight this season. Much good that did, except making the board love me. Think we need a promotion to improve really.

The Future

I can't really get the hang of this division so far. To many tight matches won or lost on individual error. Most teams seem to be better in attack than defense to. Maybe I have to start playing with super offensive wingers like every other team. That said, we're not far off and with a bit of luck I hope we can be in the top 3 next season.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	CdlL		FC		Europe		NOTES[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]12/13[/b]	FN	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/FCMulhouse/s1tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	-		10th round	-		So close
[b]13/14[/b]	FN	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/FCMulhouse/s2tab.jpg"]7th[/url]	-		10th round	-		...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
L1 = Ligue 1 | L2 = Ligue 2 | FN = French National | CdlL = Coup de la League | FC = French Cup

[b][u][color=Blue]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]
to be continued ...

Getting destroyed so far this season :( just have to hope i can avoid relegation overall. Strikers just aren't scoring at all, think i might have to take up that loan offer for Danny Graham in the next transfer window ;) or at least one of these amazing Brazilian regens.

I shouldn't be getting this annoyed at a game.

Logo_of_FC_Torpedo_Armavir.gif

Torpedo Armavir - Winter Break 2013/14

Wow, i have been away from the forum for a couple of days and everything has kicked off with everyone managing to get themselves promoted. Well done to one and all for their respective achievements.

League Table

After the first half of my second season I have got a similar amount of points than last season, 25 points from 22 games compared to 28 from 23 at last seasons winter break. However, this time around the team have been much more consistent and we haven't been on a real long run of bad form at any stage. The major problem with this season is that during the post season break, I let numerous players out and only a few came back in but due to our wage budget still being over what is allowed I am limited to the players I have now. Also due to the constraints I only have one goalkeeper (Philipp Serkov) because he was signed before his contract ran out and at a time when I could still offer more than £75 p/w so my back-up GK's are 16 year olds who will never make it. This was after both GK's left after last season, my starting keeper retired from pro football but would still play semi-pro (which I can not offer) and the other keeper hadn't had a game all season so left on a free as he didn't want to stay.

Also this season seems to have been good so far for my strikers, I signed another Brazilian (Jabá) to add to the front line from Baku in Azerbaijan and he has previously played for Ankaraspor and Ankaragucu in Turkey, 6 goals and 3 assists in 13 games is exactly the sort of stats i wanted for a secondary striker. My main striker and yet again star of the show is Welkinho who has 10 goals and 9 assists in 21 league games and that is despite him going on a 9 game goaless streak. Also with a couple of games under his belt the young Bulgarian Rumen Kostov has shown himself to be a good back-up with 3 goals and 1 assist in 5 starts.

The other two players of note are Igor Lutovinov and Evgeny Sevastjanov who are my starting DC's at the tender age of 19 but both are excelling this season so far.

Hopefully I will be able to push on again after the winter break and beat the 43 points that I managed last season.

iacovone - Natale is a cracking player. what sort of training regime have you had him on to get him develop that much??

Romanista1994 - hadn't noticed his determination!! i always base my captains predominantly on influence and teamwork as much as anything else to be honest.

150px-Usnovese.png

End of Season Report - Novese - 2013/14 (Season 2) - Serie C2B

Serie C2B - 2nd

Now two things. Firstly - I'm obviously pleased to be promoted and head up to Serie C1. But secondly I'm absolutely furious that we didn't win the league. Genuinely, I'm really quite angry. Especially when you look at our progress over the year.

Allow me to break down the league campaign:

As is always the case, the first month or so tends to give you an impression of how you'll fare over the season. So after an encouraging 5 wins from our first 6 games, I knew we were in for a strong season. Aside from that one loss to Gavorrano we proceeded to embark on a run of 16 games undefeated - setting a Novese record in the process. At this point our stock was high with the only downside being a run of games that saw my first choice RB, LB and CB all injured for lengthy periods.

Despite those injuries, our defence record remained stellar and we set the pace at the top of the table.

March provided more testing waters though and we embarrassed ourselves away at Titrium, losing 3-0 without ever looking like doing anything. This was a wake up call to which we responded reasonably well, winning the next 2 games.

However after that we only won 1 game in the next 5 to really put the pressure on ourselves. Our only rival to top spot was Aversa Normanna and the home game against them was one of those 5 games. We drew 1-1 despite leading at half time. With 4 games to go we led the league by 1 point.

Our two home games were played out professionally, Fano and Forlis Trani getting 2-0 and 3-0 beatings inflicted upon them. Aprilia away was sandwiched between these two games and ended with us returning home without any points. A 1-0 loss did the damage.

To the final game of the season, away at Siracusa (who were fighting for a playoff spot themselves), we needed a draw to win the league. Two things annoyed me here. I forgot to reinstate my number 1 keeper after he had to miss the previous game through injury. But more infuriating was the performance of Regno our on loan defender. He had to fill in at CB for Tantardini (not unfamiliar to him) but set off on his worst performance for us all season. And all in the first half.

Regno lost the ball and chopped his man down in the area for a penalty and a red card. Not the best start but recoverable. Or so I thought. Regna had other ideas and whilst challenging at an attacking corner, committed another foul and saw red. We were 1-0 down away from home with ten men.

We did pull a goal back to go in at half time level but a series of errors in the second half - notably an own goal from Montella meant we faced an uphill struggle. Though Addona pulled it back to 3-2 we went on to lose 4-2 as we chased the game. Aversa Normanna meanwhile had decided to leave us in suspense, sitting on a 1-1 home draw until the 85th minute. They won their game and pipped us to the title with one of the last kicks of the season. It turned out to be a real kick in the teeth and leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Results 1

Results 2

The Serie C Cup

I paid much less interest to this competition this year and although we qualified from the initial group stage, we were dumped out in the first knockout round by Milazzo convincingly.

Key Men

Rocco Pellegrino (GK) - Solid between the sticks all season. He should continue as number 1 in Serie C1

Andrea Cammorota (MRC) - Had a surprisingly good season as a playmaker in midfield. I certainly didn't expect him to hold down the position all year but he certainly did. Has been rewarded with a new contract.

Girolamo D'Alessandro (M/AMLC) - Debut season for us and added considerable experience. Had a tendency for grabbing a goal which is always welcome. Pity we couldn't agree a new deal, he will be leaving on a free in the summer.

Sodinha (AMRC/ST) - Brazilian playmaker did superbly in behind Natale and Montella. He was a source of long range beauties and the odd assist. I wonder if he can do it in a harder league though.

Antonio Montella (ST) - Another good season for our leading striker. He was exhausted by the end of the season as he barely missed a game all year. Voted fans player of the year and was our top goalscorer.

Giorgio Natale (AMC/ST) - A strange season. He's come on leaps and bounds and I get a message from my assistant almost weekly commending his dramatic improvements. I've still yet to find a way to get the best out of him though. I'm considering moving to a formation with wingers to take advantage of his height. Such a fine prospect.

Notable Mention:

Carlo Cesena (MC/AMC) - must pick out this rising talent as well. He's just turned 17 and looks set to follow in Natale's footsteps. I do hope so but I am worried about how much playing time I can give him next year.

Squad Stats

Finances

Objectives Complete?

• Improve perilous financial position (-£300k)

Oh dear. It's got worse. See the finances screenshot above.

• Secure top half finish

Success. In a big way. 2nd place and promotion.

• Continue to reduce the average age of the squad

Success. Older players left, and I've managed to blood through a number of youngsters this year.

Objective

• Stay up
  • Keep Natale for a whole season
  • TRY​ to amend the finances

League Progress:

NoveseHistory_Competitions-1.png

iacovone - That mid-season table looks amazing. Good luck in the 2nd half. Natale looks a great prospect. Montella and (Di) Natale has the right cling to it for an amazing attacking duo. Don't think they ever played together? But I'm sure it would be amazing if they had. Oh you're already promoted, can't blink in here. :lol: Congrats!

Thanks! I don't think Di Natale and Montella played together. They possibly could have for Italy but I have no way of knowing. I do like this partnership, it has a great ring to it :)

iacovone - Natale is a cracking player. what sort of training regime have you had him on to get him develop that much??

He's just on my normal striker training schedule that I've pretty much used since FM10 IIRC. He must just have a high PA because his growth in 2 years has been astounding. I reckon it must be a mix of his determination being 18 and the number of games I've had him play.

Dardanelspor A.S - Season 2015/16

Dardanel_logo.png

Dardanelles_map2.png

League;

We stayed up in the top 6 all season and a brand new formation of 4-1-1-2-2 (Inside Forwards coming infield, DM Deep Playmaker at Home and CM Deep Playmaker Away and not only did the formation work this one formation helped us to an haul of 75 Goals even without the Superstar that was Bakalyan (who we sold to Trabzonspor for £750k). First Division Stats.

Confidence - Finances.

Cup;

Not alot to say we played one cup game losing 3-1 to a team in the Second division by playing all youngsters maybe next year i'll show it more respect ...

Transfers;

We brought in a few more Germans with Turkish citizenship as well as an handfull of Loans to fill the squad out.

Squad; - Team Report

GK, Arsen Petrosyan Almost had too let Arsen go .. But promotion means we can keep him!

RB, Muhammed Yetgin - RB in Division1 Team of the Year.

CB, Samet Fettahoglu - Has been a real big presence this year 7 goals from Corners!

CB, Ercument Ozsulun

LB, Cagri Kodalak - Dutchman with Turkish Passport, was once at Birmingham!

DM, Baris Aydin - Was at the club when i took over, was born in France.

CM, Ugur Parlak - Also at the Club before me, 239 apps and 19 goals for us.

IFR, Olcay Onder - The 'New' Jurgen Klinnsmann according to my Scouts! Young Player of the Year.

IFL, Osman Ozparilti - 13 U21 Caps 7 Goals!

CF, Eduards Visnakovs - Another player we almost lost due to the Foreigner Rules but promotion means he stays.

CF, Muhammad Sultonov - Our top scorer and made the Divisions Team of the Year!

Our facilities getting outdated ... But look how fair we are!

Season    Division     Pos   Turkish Cup     Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Second       2nd    Third Round    Promotion!
2013/14  First Div.    10th  Second Round    Mid-Table - Check!
2014/15  First Div.    8th    Third Rd.      Just below Playoffs
2015/16  First Div.    Top!  Second Round    Champions!!!

Archived