Lower Leagues Rule

FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

5,234 posts in this topic

Metallugkuzbass.png

FC Metallurg-Kuzbass Novokuznetsk - 2013-2014 in Review

Recap:

Unbelievable promotion!

It was a great season, despite losing my star striker to a 475k higher division release clause in January. My young talent signed for cheap and on the free really came together. Defense was solid as I went on multiple runs of not conceding- to the point that despite finishing 2nd my team lost half a star rep and is one of the lowest rep teams in Russia because of my style of play. But it worked, and I was promoted - and even was rewarded with a new stadium to be built! Capacity 13k, will be done in two years, costing only 1.5 million! NEW STADIUM

Even though I had a low salary, negative transfer, was predicted 20th - did not finish in top 3 for manager of the year.

Results:

League Table

Transfers

Final Squad

Club Information

Notable Players:

Star wingback signed on a fee as a 17 year old - Kirlichenko

Good young Ukrainian MF - Vasylijiev

Next year finances do not look much better- next years budget options. My business model of buying players for next to nothing or free releases from other teams, and playing them until they want more money from me/or another team is willing to buy them will have to continue.

Season     |  Division           | League Position  |     Russian Cup |    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    | First Division        |   15th (45pt)     |  5th Round    |    Stayed up
2013/14    | First Division        |   11th (60pt)     |  7th Round    |    Playoff Contention
2014/15    | First Division        |   2nd  (76pt)     |  6th Round    |    Promoted

Nice work Drake, congrats on the Promotion. Top hal finish looks like it will give you some room to manouver!? Worth the risk!?

Well done on promotion Drake and good luck to 5ergio in Turkey.

Have already got in 4 new players, 1 who i signed before i knew i was promoted.

D/WBL - Morten Jacobsen

DM/MC - Emre Yuksektepe (signed before promotion)

MC - Manuel Heiden

M/AML - Bashiru Oppong

Hoping to bring in a right back and probably a striker, but not much of my wage budget remains

All 4 would walk into my side ... Good luck in the Premier Charlesbeams

Well done Drake - Kirilichenko looks brilliant!

And good luck to 5ergio​!

150px-Usnovese.png

Pre-Season Build Up - Novese - 2013/14 - Serie C2B

Media Prediction: 11th

Transfer Budget: £0 (last year: £10.62k)

Wage Budget: £11,118 p/w (last year: £8,059 p/w)

Squad Wage Bill: £11,862 p/w (last year: £7,754 p/w)

So 19 players were released on a free. Half to make the squad more manageable, half because they were rubbish. I made 8 signings in the summer - 2 of which are on loan. A couple of 16 year olds have been snapped up and look promising. The main signings are below:

New Men:

Danilo Fazio (SW/DC) - we desperately needed some new defenders and Fazio is likely to be our 2nd choice CB. He isn't technically gifted but has the right mental and physical attributes to hold his own at this level.

Carlo Cremaschi (D/WBR) - pleased with this signing. He was my final signing of the summer as the wage budget is now topped out. But at 21 years old he has a good future, all the necessary attributes to be a good defender in this league and for that, I'm delighted with him.

Sodinha (AMRC/ST) - our first Brazilian and full of flair. Will likely play as the trequartista and will hopefully have the ability to unlock a few defences.

Ciro Guadagnolo (AMC/ST) - 16 year old promising striker. I foresee him making the odd appearance over the season and he is rated at 5 star potential. Though what that means in C2B is hard to tell.

Girolamo D'Alessandro (M/AML/AMC) - useful looking midfielder will add needed experience as well as technical ability. Will operate from the left of the three CMs.

acqui_splash.png

Acqui - Season 1 - 12/13 - Serie C2/B

As is to be expected, the squad, at my arrival, consisted of few if any players capable of delivering the kind of performances that are necessary to successfully compete in C2. All Senior players were either sold, loaned out, or even given free transfer and simultaniously replaced with new ones. The rebuilbing of the team required alot of work, but ultimately resulted in a squad with a solid nucleus of contract players and essential additional loan players form parent club Genoa.

Serie C2/B & Serie C2 Super Cup & Serie C Cup - Table - Graph - Fixtures

Media Prediction: 20th

Final Position: 1st

Pre-season went really well without a single loss in friendly matches, but the promising form took a dive in Serie C Cup where only one victory saw Acqui finish last in Group C. Fortunately everything was different in the league. If there was a quality to Acqui's performances, it definately was consistency. From the get go, the good stadard of play encouraged me to believe the club would do really well, though I thought a Playoff position would be a realistic objective. Towards the end of the season some of the leading teams began to faulter however, and there was an opening for a team that could keep pushing forward. My club had great aversion to defeats, which was, maybe unfortunately, manifested by a large number of draws. Still, it became obvious that there were only two teams that cold win C2/B - it would be either Milazzo or Acqui. In the last four games Milazzo gained only two points againts Acqui's seven, so consistency really won the Serie C2/B for the Bianchi. In addition Acqui conquered C2 Super Cup by overcoming Foggia. :)

Acqui Players - Squad - Transfers

Giacomo Beretta

Loan ST from Genoa. My best goalscorer, but also missed loads and loads of chances.

Andrea Conti

Experienced AMC. I expected more from him, but nevertheless an important player. Showing signs of decline.

Marco Cuomo

Young DM and my captain. Never brilliant, never poor - always consistent! Good attributes for a C2 player.

Beppe Imburgia

Experienced DL who ended the season with the best avg in the entire squad.

Remarks

Despite maintaining wage expenditure below the budgeted board maximum, the club has gone approx. £345K into debt.

Season   | Serie | Position | Serie C Cup | C2 Super Cup | Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13  | C2/B  | 1st      | Grp stage   | Winners      | Promotion

Congrats on promotion Drake4444 and duccio :thup:

Solid season Romanista1994. You should be able to push on from there next year.

Good luck for this season iacovone - missing the journeyman lifestyle at all? ;)

Welcome to the challenge 5ergio - an interesting club you got even if it wasn't the one you wanted (I experienced similar frustration trying over and over to get Ankara Demirspor!)

Brought in a new striker and right back like i wanted, but forgot i sort of need an MR/AMR and my wages are over by £4k now, not much, but i like to keep it under usually.

DR - Robert Thomas (another german)

ST - Jean Deza

May have to try and loan a right sided midfielder

Congrats on promotion Drake4444 and duccio :thup:

Solid season Romanista1994. You should be able to push on from there next year.

Good luck for this season iacovone - missing the journeyman lifestyle at all? ;)

Welcome to the challenge 5ergio - an interesting club you got even if it wasn't the one you wanted (I experienced similar frustration trying over and over to get Ankara Demirspor!)

Heh, not at the moment. I figure I'm going to be with Novese for a long time. Maybe half the calendar year on this file, half as a journeyman. How about you? Itching for a journey?

Thanks Almondo and DodgeeD.

How are you doing in Spain Almondo? Has the board pumped any money into your club? I actually think some of the blame for my club's debts is on me - although I've kept wages pretty low, it has meant that I pay relatively large appearence and other bonuses. But if I didn't I couldn't sign any decent players. My board have budgeted a whopping £7,846 per week towards player wages in C1/A. :) Many of my loans from previous season were "glad to return" to Genoa, so now they I guess pretty much dislike Acqui and wont come to my club on loan again. There are only so many loanable player at Genoa, and I can't really afford to pay loan players' wages (as I would have to if I loaned elsewhere)...

I've still signed a couple of players on permanent contracts. Strikers Ciro Immobile and Federico Laurito have joined Acqui. I think they should do really well In C1.

Novese just rejected my frienly proposal on the pretext that they are not "in the habbit of accepting friendly requests from bitter rivals". Hmm, the rival bit is exactly why I requested the friendly. :D Funnily enough Novese think Acqui are a rival, but Acqui have no rivals. I wonder if game researchers have overlooked someting.

Novese just rejected my frienly proposal on the pretext that they are not "in the habbit of accepting friendly requests from bitter rivals". Hmm, the rival bit is exactly why I requested the friendly. :D Funnily enough Novese think Acqui are a rival, but Acqui have no rivals. I wonder if game researchers have overlooked someting.

They don't give a damn about Novese. ;)

Just noticed something which may interest some of you. A Segunda B1 club brought in an awesome player from the Clairefontaine Academy. I went to the Clairefontaine squad to have a look and all of their players are amateurs. Very good amateurs. Might be worth taking a look if any of them are interested in joining you.

Thanks Almondo and DodgeeD.

How are you doing in Spain Almondo? Has the board pumped any money into your club? I actually think some of the blame for my club's debts is on me - although I've kept wages pretty low, it has meant that I pay relatively large appearence and other bonuses. But if I didn't I couldn't sign any decent players. My board have budgeted a whopping £7,846 per week towards player wages in C1/A. :) Many of my loans from previous season were "glad to return" to Genoa, so now they I guess pretty much dislike Acqui and wont come to my club on loan again. There are only so many loanable player at Genoa, and I can't really afford to pay loan players' wages (as I would have to if I loaned elsewhere)...

I've still signed a couple of players on permanent contracts. Strikers Ciro Immobile and Federico Laurito have joined Acqui. I think they should do really well In C1.

I'm doing okay in Spain, the thing with the club is that I'd managed to get them in the black by the end of last season and then they go and spent £3 million and it's like it's all my fault. I will admit that I do sign players with Loyalty bonuses but not so much as to put us that far in the red.

ANyway I'll introduce you to my two major signings this year

MC - Carl Allen - The young American was offered by his agent so I got him in on a trial, the coaches were impressed and said he was better than the three Central Midfielders already at the club.

D/WB L - Sten Drachmann - A young Dane who has only just joined us and taken over as the starting left back.

Romanista1994 - Good first season!

5ergio - Good luck in Turkey! Hope you can push into playoffs (or better) next season. Good luck.

Drake44444 - Congrats on the promotion!

Charlesbeams - I like those signings. Good luck this season!

iacovone - Cheers, and good luck in the coming season!

duccio - Congrats on the promotion! Your defense is really impressive, 26 in 40. We've almost conceded as many in only 12 matches so far. :o Good luck at the next level!

12 games into my first season and we're 4th in the table. Which is kind of amazing considering our goal difference is 21-19. If I can bring in someone to make us more stable at the back we might have a shot at promotion. Apparently I can still sign free transfers in October.

Just noticed something which may interest some of you. A Segunda B1 club brought in an awesome player from the Clairefontaine Academy. I went to the Clairefontaine squad to have a look and all of their players are amateurs. Very good amateurs. Might be worth taking a look if any of them are interested in joining you.

Just had a look at them and a couple of players jumped out at me. Might have to release my third keeper and sign the one there.

Cheers Ohanzee

Won a few games already, great to receive £300k per win ;) £150k for a draw i believe too

Wow, i had a couple of team meetings last season and they wen't well mostly players reacted positively just 2/3 reacted badly but this season ... Just had 22 players react badly :eek: from what happened last season with the good meeting, i guess this will now kill my team right!?

Interesting. My scouts are on it :thup:

Nothing good enough on my game. :(

3rd after 5 games. Top scorer is a CB with 4! One fullback, corner taker, has 5 assists and a goal. Drawn 2-2 twice after going 2-0 up which isn't nice. Will look into my tactics.

Into my 3rd season now in the bottom league and not written the season 2 update yet but have high hopes this season after my new signing Magano scored an absolute screamer :) Shame it went in off the keeper but he's still claiming it !!

[video=youtube;ufE3ThdPjgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufE3ThdPjgw

minisav - no suprise to see you going well in the league again. sure you'll keep it up!! ;)

charlesbeams - that's some handy win bonuses from the league there!!

Drake4444 - congratulations on promotion. massive breakthrough. hope you can stay up next season and you can build from there.

duccio - congrats on winning Serie C2 at the first attempt. good luck in the new season

iacovone - good luck this season. made some decent looking seasons. think you'll be knocking on the promotion door come the end of the season.

Romanista1994 - solid first season there mate. i think the chronic finances are a feature in Spain this season. good luck next season.

5ergio - welcome back and good luck in Turkey. like the look of that stadium - nice little setting there in the centre of town. lot's of people playing in Turkey this year!

Ohanzee - good to see you and Mulhouse linking up once again. looking forward to a repeat of your last partnership.

Just lost :( Battered them as well. HAving to change strikers so much as they keep getting injured isn't good for that.

Now gone 5 losses, thats seen us go from 2nd to 13th - Promotion candidates to falling rapidly towards relegation. I've killed my team :(

10 games in I'm 4th. Very happy with that. Fullback has 1 goal and 6 assists in 11 games so he's making a big contribution which is pleasing. Going to see if I can nab a new good striker in January

I'm sure you'll be fine. Looks like you're on your way to your third straight play-offs promotion. I don't think clubs sack managers that successful in the end. At least they didn't in last year's version. What are the finances like at your Universe's East Stirlinghire?

Yeah tommy you should be fine your finances are decent and you're near the top.

What a season this is, 3 wins, 1 draw and a single loss in the last 5 means i've not only turned things around but we could still make the playoffs ... And thats all since i posted on here - Must be good luck too vent :D

was thinkin of signin him for cover and the future as well al see if he accpets my offer

150px-AS_Cannes_New_Logo.jpg

Here's my first season update. Started off the season in good form, not conceding a goal in the first 11 games and not loosing in first 13. By the winter break we were comfortable at the top of the table, but was concerned by what I though was a reluctance to score goals. This mean we were winning our home games by the odd goal and mostly drawing the away games.

After the winter break we struggled to string any sequence of results and at one point was 4th in the league and a last day 3 way battle for 2nd & 3rd spot in the league between ourselfs, Troyes and rivals Nimes with Amiens having clinced the title a game or two earlier. The final game saw us go 1 down early on and drop to 4th before we were able to turn it around to record a 2-1 win and promotion with 2nd spot.

Final league table - http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/FrenchNationalFinaltable-1.png

League position graph - http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/FrenchNationalpositiongraph.png

Promotion News item - http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/BlackDevilNews_promotednat.png

Squad Stats - http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/ASCannesFootballEndofseasonSquadstats-1.png

Season Transfers - http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc508/sirmao7/ASCannesTransfers_History_S1.png

Overall a decent season that started positively and ended with a wobble and just getting over the line in terms of promotion. But I'm disappointed not to have won the title with the lead we had at one stage.

Ah well, onwards and upwards as they say and hopefully the future will bring more drama :)

Heading to bed with us top of the table by 4 points and unbeaten in 11 games. 14 played.

And most of that was without Natale ​who's been injured for 6 weeks. Could be a successful season for Novese :)

well a got beat 3-0 was 1-0 before a got a man sent off :(

I'm pretty certain that I haven't had a single player sent off so far. I'm not boasting. To tell the truth I'm a bit concerned. What kind of pussies are they? I've started having training sessions where they have to stare at pictures of the next opposition while listening to Ronan Keating songs, to bring out the psychopath in them. I'm a bit distressed how many of my players are able to sing along.

Still top of the league with Città di Pontedera! The gap is at 5 points with 10 matches to go.However, everything is not as good as it sounds. We are struck by injuries and a goalkeeper totally out of form and therefore have drew the last 3 matches, all ending 2-2. The teams chasing us have somehow picked up their form winning by 3 goals every game it seems! Can't wait to finish the season tomorrow!

Heh, not at the moment. I figure I'm going to be with Novese for a long time. Maybe half the calendar year on this file, half as a journeyman. How about you? Itching for a journey?
I was planning to do a journeyman but thought I would wait until some patches and a few well-tested additional leagues are out. I didn't realise how much I'd missed the small-to-big club challenges until I started playing again! :)

We'll see how this goes first and IF I finish this challenge, I'll have to choose between another challenge and a journeyman.

Congrats on promotion to the top flight Charlesbeams, that transfer and wage budget you would have had at Galatasaray is something we all dream about.

Good first season there Romanista1994, hope you improve next season.

Well done on getting promoted Drake44444, Spartak, Rubin, etc here you come (how are Anji doing in the PL?).

Great first season duccio, stormed it.

First time promotion blackdevil, well done. Doing better than I am in France.

As for me, finished the next season and it was literally a season of two halves. All three seasons so far we have been awful after the winter break, anyone got any suggestions as to why? I have played friendlies during this time but every time we come back and just lose it.

Have moved into the new stadium though and the first match will be against Lyon, also arranged friendlies against PSG and Marseilles. :) In the old stadium the biggest club to come was St. Etienne

Ugh, it's not getting easier, the generous board has cut the wage bill down yet again to £8.5k pw. We are spending over £11k pw because that was the budget, no more signings this season then despite the fact we are desperate for a left winger.

Well i've finished my 3rd Season We won the Fair Play award for the division (least it's something :)) but did we make the Playoffs!? ..... I'll let you know when i put the Season report up ;) (at somepoint today).

Congrats on the promotion Blackdevil

We did something similier Berty1978 great before Christmas and poor after, but i think i killed my team with a poor Team Meeting .. And we did turn it around eventually but nothing like the first half of the season.