FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

2978.jpg

9th July 2012, Estadio Lasesarre, Barakaldo - Unknown Italo-Dutch manager Lucas Volman is hired newly-promoted by Barakaldo C.F on a two year contract. He is estimated to be receiving £1.400 a week. He stated his intention to pursue a Basque-only policy, but also stated he would allow no-Basque Spanish players already at the club to stay.

Club Situation

Founded in 1917, Barakaldo can boast of three Segunda B wins (1980, 1998 and 2002). The club is fully professional and possesses Adequate ratings in its training facilities, youth facilites and junior coaching as well as an Average youth recruitement network and fairly basic corporate facilities.

I've been given a £15k transfer budget and a £27k wage budget of which around £15k is currently being spent. We also have a 4-year kit sponsorship deal at £125k per season and the club's bank balance is currently £150k.

Barakaldo's stadium is Nuevo Estadio Lasesarre (shortened to just Lasesarre) which holds 8000 people of which 6000 are seated.

barakaldo_lasesarre1.jpg

The club has rivalries with Bilbao Ath., Gernika and Lemona of which only Lemona is currently in our division.

Initial Squad Situation

Goalkeeper

Carlos Sanchez is the undisputed starter here, but at 34 he may not have too many years in him. Iker Arrillaga and Ander Igartua are the backups here, with Txemi being on his way out.

Rightback

Attacking fullback Nacho Lopez is the best player in this position, though Eriz Goiria is a valid backup and looks to have the potential to be as good as Nacho. Veteran Joseba Sampedro will probably leave.

Leftback

A very weak position, Iban Espinosa and Joseba Arino are the only players capable of playing there and they're not all that good.

Centerback

Nacho Neira is the Best player here, but there's no clear partner for him the closest being 31-year-old Seco. There's an excellent youth prospect in the U19's team, however, in Aritz Garmendia. Muxi is likely to be on his way out and the future of Xabier Garces is uncertain.

Defensive Midfield

Eneko is one of the stars of the team and will be first choice here with Alex Diaz as backup. Guinean prospect Abdoul Keita will probably leave.

Central Midfield

Ricardo Pennella and Francisco Javier Medina will initially start here, but Jon Ander Garrido, Carlos Nazabal and Xabier Ramos all have the potential to surpass them. The biggest prospect, though is Enrique Martinez.

Right Wing

Fernando is the star right winger, while backups Quino and Andoni Illarramendi make this into one of the strongest positions.

Left Wing

Another very strong position with Aimar Gulin and Imanol Mentxaka being equal in ability. The latter will probably preferred due to his bigger potential.

Striker

The best striker at the club is by far Carlos Alvarez. Behind him in the pecking order are Jon Martin, Txutxi, Imanol Etxabe, Carenote and David Camino. Good depth but a few of them will have to leave to lower the wage budget and avoid disputes due to players being dropped.

Youth

You can follow my youth players developing in Neppo's Youth Player Project.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was near end of season sitting top and promotion was certain just the Championship was up for grabs. Try to load my save and it's corrupt :( haven't had rolling saves on this year least I will from now on :lol:

Likely do another season or 2 on Dafuge before I return.

That sucks. :( Good luck in the dafuge challenge.

afyonkarahisarspor(1).jpg

Afyonkarahisarspor - End of Season 2016/17

Squad | Club Info | Finances

League/Graph (Finished 5th)

Despite finishing 5th i was a little disappointed as i really though i could have made 2nd, but the last 4 or 5 games really made a difference, unfortunately not in a good way for me, i ended up moving to 5th, but i'm still pretty pleased.

Play-offs: (Lost in Semi-Final)

Reaching the play-offs at all was an achievement really, but i was actually slightly disappointed to lose in the first game. It was over 2 legs, we lost the first one 0-2 and i thought i'd never get back into it. Half time in the 2nd leg i was 0-2 up and only needed a goal to win, unfortunately the only goal that came was against me.

Turkish Cup: (Lost in 5th Round)

Thought i did quite well in the cup, but a Premier League side knocked me out. The board only wanted me to enjoy the experience of being in it anyway.

Transfers

Thought i did quite well only bringing in 3 players, they all did fairly well for the club, but Serge Gueï was vital scoring 20 goals all season for the club. I'm only allowed 3 foreign players though, so it's more Turkish players next season.

Overall

Overall it was a surprising season as i wasn't expecting to get anywhere near the top 10 never mind top 5. I think next season i need to get rid of a couple of players and now that we actually have money, i might have more wages to offer to get better players in.

History

[b][u]Season[/u]       [u]League[/u]           [u]Pos.[/u]    [u]Cup[/u]          [u]Europe[/u]     [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
12/13        Turkish Div.2    4th     3rd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
13/14        Turkish Div.2    3rd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals
14/15        Turkish Div.2    2nd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
15/16        Turkish Div.2    1st     4th Round    ------     PROMOTION!!!!
16/17        Turkish Div.1    5th     5th Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals

He stated his intention to pursue a Basque-only policy, but also stated he would allow no-Basque Spanish players already at the club to stay.

Expecting a fierce competition between Athletic Bilbao and Barakaldo. Will there be enough good Basque players for 2 La liga teams?

I've been doing pretty well with Acqui in C2/B. In fact it's it's now April and Acqui holds 2nd place in the league, so straight promotion is within reach.

One negative thing is that the club is now about £312K in debt. I checked where the money is going, and noticed that "other" is the second highest expence. Expenditure other consists of a few things including travel expences. I think IRL C2 (or Lega Pro Seconda Divisione) A/B are geographically based with more northern teams in group A and teams from more southern parts of the country in group B. In FM12 this doesn't seem to be true after the 1st season. I manage Acqui, a norther team, and for some reasoin I'm in B group with an assortment of northern and southern teams. Group A is the same way. I suppose teams would not be doing so much expensive travelling if the groups were implemented properly?

Some good seasons guys, good stuff. Nice one on the promotion Charlesbeams good first season in Division1.

Work all day today means i haven't got much further, played first couple of league games in Division 1 and the gulf in class is big guys .. Not going well. Survival is certainly the aim.

A season of misery in Novukeznetsk, Siberia, as FC Metallurg-Kuzbass we narrowly avoided relegation. The First Division in Russia is brutally unforgiving, with 2 games a week (and a long winter break) and strict foreigner requirements (3 foreigners allowed) making the dearth of Russian talent a real problem. Playing a defensive 4-1-4-1 all season, I hung on for dear life with ties or counter attack/set piece goals. The foreign talent was solid; but the Russian talent pathetic. Lots of players being picked up across Eastern Europe on free transfers, but not enough Russians and that will be a priority this upcoming off-season. I also need to offload some players as I signed to many young players who are eating up my 20k wage budget. I need to sell players to cut down on wages and g

Final Standings

Squad at Season End - bloated with many young foreigners

Club Information - team up in value

Manager Information

Player of the Year - Czech Veteran signed on a free

Young Talented Brazilian Striker who should have been better

Talented young Nigerian Winger who spent most of the year injured

LaVitrennelogo.png

Aventure française de Berty Bassett

La Vitréenne FC - 2012/13 (French National)

Results1

Results2

Results3

League -

Graph

We were predicted to finish 20th so I should be happy with finishing 10th (we were the Nationals overachievers f the season) but I'm sort of disappointed. Apart from a couple of 6-1 defeats (hence our poor GD) we played well in most of the games, and were actually only 2 points off the promotion places at one point. The run of 7 games without a win all but ended our promotion dreams though, hope to improve on that next season.

French Cup - 7th round

We got through the 6th round easily, winning 7-0 at lower league club SA Thiers. With over 100 lower league teams still in the cup at the 7th round it was only our luck to be drawn away at a Ligue 2 side, Châteauroux, and we were 2 minutes away from taking them to extra time with a good performance.

Transfers

Obviously with our budget I had to keep it to freebies, but bought some players good enough for my targets of avoiding relegation. I also bought in some West Africans later in the season so hope they can make an impact next season.

Johann Rouault - Report - Excited by this prospect, report says at 16 he will be our best right back and could become a good Ligue 1 player in the future. Managed to get him on a 3 year comtract.

Jean-Jacques Angan - Looks outstanding, the only worry I have is his low strength.

Christian Koné - Another Ivorian, the advantage of bringing these in is that they can be on low wages as we really need to cut the wage bill.

Squad - Team report - Best XI

Yoann Bourillon - Player of the season

Martin Garot

Romain Thibaut

Finances - Not looking too good, however during the close season I have cut the wage bill from £15k pw to under £10k pw, my highest paid player now is £600 pw after letting the higher paid players leave.

In other news:

Our current stadium holds 3,500 supporters, which is more than enough as last season the average attendance was 672. So what do the board do, they decide to build a new stadium. They have arranged a bank loan of £3.8m, paying back £31k per month until May 2028!! :eek: The new stadium will be imaginatively called 'La Vitréenne FC stadium' and the capacity will be 9,553.

To end with here is my choice of our three goals of the season.

Goal 1:

- Unstoppable volley from outside the area, bullets into the top corner.

Goal 2:

- Cheeky lob from outside the area.

Goal 3:

- Great strike from around 35 yards out into the top corner.

Season  |  League   | Position |    Cup    | Achievements  |
-------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 | National  |   10th   | 7th Round | Overachievers |

Good luck to everyone once again this year, I'll be dropping by and checking up on everyone's progress!

LLR - your history of the thread post is amazing. Brings back some superb memories! And I like how my notable achievement in FM10 was taking Castillo out of the 2nd Division :D. That was a real toil!

KUTGW one and all :)

Vikeologist’s 2012/2013 End of Season Report

Lodoftheshire.png

1559.png

The Fellowship of the Championship Rings

Season             League            Pos           Cups          Europe     Achievements
2012/13            Sc Div 3          1st           No comment    n/a        Manager of the Year?

League Table http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/catchandcarry/ScottishThirdDivisionOverview_Stages-1.png

Squad http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/catchandcarry/EastStirlingshireSquad_Players.png

Transfers http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/catchandcarry/EastStirlingshireTransfers_2013History.png

Champions, but it was a fairly close run thing; not because we did badly, but because for much of the season Berwick were doing evenbetter. They were top of the table until 9 games to go. The deciding factor wasthat we beat them in all four matches between the two teams, including thepenultimate game of the season which secured us the title.

After 15 games we had already secured more points than the previous season, where of course a Vikeologist-less team slumped to the bottomof the table, as yet unaware of the glories this ignominy would produce.

I signed 24 players (+ another 4 on loan), including FrancisJeffers who I sold at Christmas after 1 goal (a penalty) in 12 games. 4 of theplayers that I inherited were still in the matchday squad by the end of theseason, which was a bit of a surprise, since I expected to have to replaceeverybody. They are the worst players in the team though, and will all be released in the summer at the end of their contracts.

Finances – Good. Frankly the good players that came in are basically on the same wage as the rubbish players I rid myself of. I made some money from pre-season friendlies, and ran at a minimal loss for the rest of the season. I ended the season way under my wage budget. I played 8 friendlies, which was about what was needed to get the team fit given that there were new and unfit players coming in throughout. I worry about this being a ‘cheat’, but I only play teams that appear as options when you arrange a friendly. If I left it to my Ass Man to arrange friendlies, I don’t think he’d arrange enough. I’d like to think that this results in a realistic situation, as I want to play by lower leaguerules throughout the challenge. In any case, my healthy finances are basically due to not paying silly wages.

Next Season and Beyond – Next season shouldn’t pose any real problems either. Most, if not all of the 2nd division sides are semi-professional as well, and I sort of expect to walk to the title again. Eventually though we’re going to need to find the money to upgrade everything, employ more coaches and eventually become professional which will result in a big wage bump. It’s frustrating that the players aren’t really improving on part-time schedules, but I expect all of this can wait a year until next season when (potential hubris-alert) we’ll be in Division 1. On these forums a lot of people say that they want to survive the season after promotion, but I’m fairly confident.

Of course, there may be unforeseen problems. The players may all want to leave for bigger clubs. The club may want to go professional too soon. My star player may discover that I’m shagging his girlfriend. I think the biggest potential problem is that we ground share with Stenhousemuir, who we’ll now be in the same division as. I doubt that there’s any rule against this, but I may get an unpleasant surprise.

The dangers of the playoffs were revealed as Berwick (who dominated the Third Division alongside us) lost the Playoff final to Alloa (who fnished 25 points behind them in the league). They were winning on away goals until Alloa scored in the third minute of extra time in the second leg.

I'm just mentioning this as a Haloween story for all of you about to go into playoffs in your division. I'm sure it won't happen to you.

Great season Vikeologist, If you think that's bad for the playoffs in Scotland just think how the winners of the Spanish Second Division B leagues feel. Four winners and yet only one of them is guaranteed to go up as the four winners play off against each other with the losing 3 going into a further set of games with none of them guaranteed to go up as they play teams in playoff spots from the four divisions.

Berty don't be too disappointed as 10th in your first season is a great finish.

Expecting a fierce competition between Athletic Bilbao and Barakaldo. Will there be enough good Basque players for 2 La liga teams?

I'll have to get there first, but so far the signings have been very exciting. I absolutely love the fact that new scouts come with a list of reports.

Charlesbeams - Good season, not going straight up will allow you to strengthen the team and be more prepared for when you'll be facing Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.

Drake44444 - That was close! Well done on surviving in the circumstances you described.

berty1978 - Some great players you have there. Stupid board as well though.

Vikeologist - Well done on getting promoted as champions.

Ok, I'm half way through the next season and just had a bizarre situation. Just lost narrowly 2-1 at arguably the best team in the National, Stade Lavallois (I hit the woodwork 3 times including the inside of the post, also had a clear penalty turned down). The significance of that is they are still our parent club and if we had held on to win the match we would have overtaken them in the league. This brings me to a question, has anyone here been in the league above their parent club? I would guess then the affiliation would be cancelled but still funny.

Also an update on our hot prospect Johann Rouault - Report - Now an accomplished left back, and has played very well so far in the league. My Ass. Man thinks he can become a leading Ligue 1 right-back, got him on a contract until 2016, so hopefully he'll either stay or we'll sell him for mega £££££.

Could someone tell me what the rules are on loaning players from pre-existing feeder club arrangements? I have Athletic as a parent club and while I haven't loaned anyone from them they have interested players that would easily get into my first team.

As far as I know there is no rule against loaning players, though some people prefer not to, it's up to the specific player. :)

My Città di Pontedera squad is currently going through an injury crisis, and it's pure luck we are secound in the league. Signed a new DC and an AML to boost my squad so my wage budget is now really concerning. Hopefully atleast one of these scenarios will happen: Our luck continues ( currently been awarded 8 penalties in the first 10 matches of the season), I can sell one of my players for a neat fee, or I can earn cash from a good cup run.

F.C. Pampilhosa 2012/13 End of Season Update

FC_Pampilhosa.png

Part-time Pampilhosa better than expected

Well my first season at the helm has proven this challenge is going to be very difficult with this particular club, but more of challenge = more satisfaction when we finally make it, however many years down the line that might be ! With no official transfer budget and a wage budget of £3k per week my first priority was a new goalkeeper. I had to adjust the budgets to buy Tiago Martins for £50k but he was absolutely worth it and visibly improved as our season progressed. He was so good that by the end of the season he even got a call up as 3rd choice keeper for the Portugal Under-21 squad. Hoping he will have a long and successful career with us.

Transfer Summary

Yuksel Sariyar - Experienced centre midfielder, approaching the end of his career but his experience is needed to influence the youngsters.

Lucas - Another experienced player in the centre of the park. He was ok but did nothing amazing.

Gleydson - My new CB tore a hamstring 6 games into the season and missed the rest of it. But at 23 he has time to recover and come back stronger.

Marco Aurelio - A quite average looking winger but has a great attitude as is always willing to learn.

Joao Viana - Also injured for all but 6 games last season, the 21yr old right back looks like he has the potential to make the position his own and contribute much.

Bruno Gaspar - Was intended to be cover for Viana but ended up as first choice due to the injury. Solid and reliable.

Valdinho - A favourite with the fans already, scored 6 goals in 10 games including the clubs first hatrick. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time and provides quality service to the strikers.

Ricardo Catarino - My other new winger alternates flanks with Valdinho, he's starting to show some promising form.

Season details

The season started well with us picking up some unexpected results and climbing to second but a dramatic dip in form in the middle of the season saw us drop back as low as 8th before a strong finish got us up to finish 4th. The dip in form was completely my fault thanks to a team meeting in December where I completely misjudged the mood and ruined the team morale. A lesson for next season !

The midseason change of ownership did nothing for our finances and with only 1,000 capacity on part-time money I don't expect us to have any money any time soon.

Aims for next season :

Challenge for promotion

[b][u][color=Blue]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

Season       Team            League                   Finished  Notes

2011-2012    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     4th

[b][u][color=Blue]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

Romanista1994 - Good Luck with Barakaldo, looks like a club with lots of potential

Charlesbeams - Excellent season finishing 5th... Guei is the kind of striker I'd love to be able to find for my team

Drake44444 - Well done on staying up !

berty1978 - Good solid season. Wierd decision on the new stadium, hope you aren't stuffed financially because of it.

vikeologist - Nice job getting promotion first season - good luck next year.

Football Italia

iacovone's journey

150px-Usnovese.png

Welcome to Novi Ligure!

Guess who's back...!

Nice to see you all and welcome to Northwest Italy. I've taken over U.S.D. Novese, a small provincial club from the town of Novi Ligure.

Novese have a strange history. It is largely devoid of any real note or success. Aside from winning an Italian Championship in 1921/22 (hence the 1922 that adorns the badge). However this wasn't a legitimate Serie A title but rather the FIGC title - won in a season where the Italian Federation was split and had a spin-off championship. See here for more info.

Necessary Info Screens:

| Club Overview | Club Info | Manager Overview | Manager Info | Squad |

Those with a keen eye may recognise the manager's name ;)

Stadium: Stadio Costante Girardengo55957_ori_stadio_costante_girardengo-300x225.jpg

The stadium is found at the bottom of a road called the Avenue of Rememberence and is named in honor of a former Italian road cycling legend. Fair enough. 3,500 (3,000 seats).

Other Info:

Rivals: Acqui, Derthona

Ave Ticket Price: £6

Ave Season Ticket: £67

In terms of game-setup, it's all as recommended in the opening post (including the addition of players from Italy and top clubs around the world.

Wish me luck! :)

iacovone - The man! The legend! Always pegged him as a future manager when he was your captain. Is Savona one of his favoured clubs?

It probably should have been but no. He is an unattached man soon to be partial to a promising Novese side.

I'm being lazy but who are you managing and how are you getting on?

Just been through the thread and got an idea on who is playing as who now, seems Spain and Portugal are the most popular, Turkey and Russia have a few players also. Only me and blackdevil playing in France, any more takers? :)

LLR - Fantastic opening posts and a good opening season in Parla.

Charlesbeams - You certainly are storming through the seasons. ;) Unlucky on losing out on the play-offs, better luck next time.

Good luck iacovone

I'm still jealous of people who can get promotion first time round, though I have improved on my poor showing on FM11 already. :D

It probably should have been but no. He is an unattached man soon to be partial to a promising Novese side.

I'm being lazy but who are you managing and how are you getting on?

Managing in Portugal, well, the Azores, at Lusitania Acores. Finished my third season. So far it's been avoided relegation, promoted, avoided relegation.

iacovone - welcome back!! great to see you here again! Italy isn't quite the same without you (apologies to those playing in Italy but those with history of the thread will know what i mean... ;) ) looking forward to a new chapter with Novese.

PRDH - funny you should mention players in Germany......

Drake44444 - that was a seriously tough season! hopefully you will be able to further rebuild this summer and push on next season.

berty1978 - Good season there although the new stadium is a little weird. did the club own the old one?

vikeologist - congratulations on your first time promotion. good luck next season. there isn't much of a step up so i think you'll kick on towards a double promotion...

Thanks rlipscombe, good to see you here! And potentially in Germany...?

I've spent about 2 hours and made it through half a month so far at Novese :D.

Having to be really particular with who I sign as players on full time contracts (as opposed to the part time contracts all retained players are on) come at about an average of £450 p/w! Which for a club with a budget at just £8,000 p/w immediately becomes an issue! I'm having to move on a lot of players from the club, as (a) they're crap and (b) they want a full time contract. NO CHANCE AMICO!

Seregno.gif

Seregno 2013-14, Season 2, Serie C2/B

Table ¦ Graph ¦ Squad ¦ Transfers ¦ Finances

League

A great year for Seregno. We started off well enough as we maintained a position in the playoff spots for the much of the first half of the season and even reached the automatic promotion spots towards halfway through the season. I think we did hit top spot at 1 point but due to Poggibonsi playing before me it only shows as a continued second place on the league graph. We did seam to place a lot of the top teams together at the start of each half of the season which meant that our run in was much easier than most teams. I felt that in the first half of the season, especially, we were drawing too many games as we seemed incapable of taking all our chances and putting games to bed as our opposition came back and levelled the score.

With a few tactical tweaks and the signing of 2 key players in January, we were able to push on in the second half of the season and we secured promotion with a game to spare. In the final league game we went in 1 point behind Campobasso who had beat us at their ground earlier on in the season. But credit to the fixture generators as our final game was actually at home to Campobasso and was therefore a League winners decider. My players were really up for this match but the Campobasso players seemed to be just happy with promotion as they didn't show up for this game and as a result we had so many shots while they only had 3. However despite this we couldn't score as we wasted all the opportunities that arose until finally in the 91st minute our January sigining Giovanni Kyeremateng scored what proved to be the league winning goal. Final League Match

This then put us in the Serie C2 Super Cup match against the winners of Serie C2/A which just happened to be against recently relegated Monza who are apparently just 3 miles down the road from Seregno, 2 legged derby match to finish the season! A comfortable 1-0 home win with a goal from Spampatti put us in a good position as we went in to the second away leg. This was a much closer encounter and could have gone either way but just before half time up popped Giovanni Kyeremateng again to put us on our way to another 1-0 win and we therefore won the Serie C2 Super Cup 2-0 on aggregate.

As a result of all this i won Serie C2/B Manager of the Year award.

Serie C Cup

Group Stage ¦ Fixtures

Again i made it out of the group stage of the competition but this time as group winners and again i went out in the first round. I was happy with our wins in the group stage but as i was drawn against Vicenza from a higher division and with several key league games around this fixture i took the decision to field a weakened side. So i wasn't expecting to get any further in this competition as it proved as Vicenza beat us 3-1.

Players

Emanuele Bianchi - Our number one keeper who had a very good season and was key in several games ensuring that we scored points.

Pietro Morabito - Young keeper who kept the bench warm for the season. Only played in the 3-1 defeat in the Serie C Cup to higher division Vicenza. Not happy and has requested a transfer.

Valentino Ostieri - Excellent Season and much improved compared to last season. Heavily relied on at right back. Ended the season with the highest rating at the club and was also named in the leagues team of the year.

Giovanni Iodice - A rock at the heart of our defence who could also be relied upon to play at DM. Another excellent season which surely helped to our defensive record in the league.

Fabrizio Carboni - Another DC who was used as a squad player and was effective when he played but perhaps less so than Gonnelli.

Lorenzo Gonnelli - Young centre back who was used to cover injuries and during fixture congestions. Played very well when called upon.

Stefano Bertolini - Youngster who was only really used as a sub for Ostieri at right back, as he is competent at this position, during periods when we had games a few days apart to ensure Ostieri was fit enough to play in the next game.

Carlo Scalera - Solid defender who played mainly as a DC but more as a left back as the season wore on as i felt the defence was stronger with him in this position.

Daniel D'Isidoro - One of our main left backs who played half of the league games but i was looking for something more than he could provide in this position.

Lorenzo Rota - Young left back who was used as cover.

Giacomo Agelli - Used as a backup DL but did well when called upon.

Francesco Giraldi - Played in either DMC/MC and played in the majority of games but was hoping for that bit more from him.

Guerino Stella - Young DMC/MC who played in the majority of games and did very well. Just wish his tackling was better as it might have resulted in less yellow cards and of course the 1 red he picked up.

Francesco Grazia - Young player with not a lot of potential but i needed to call upon to play in a couple of games. Was very surprised how well he did as he got an assist and goal a 25 yard winner in another match.

Davide Arigo - Davide was as effective as he was last year but he still had a good season and contributed with 6 goals and 4 assists.

Sacha Cagliani - Youngster who was mainly used as a squad player used both in midfield and at right back. Contributed with a few goals and assists.

Alessandro Pradi - Our most used left winger who seems to be becoming more and more out of his depth. He couldn't hit a barn door as he spurned so many good opportunities to score. His contract will not be renewed.

Mario Rebecchi - Signed in the January transfer window to add more quality to our midfield. Mario proved to be worth the wage expense as he put in several very important performances including 3 goals and 4 assists which helped us greatly in the league.

Dario Colombi - Young winger who was brought in during the summer as i struggled to bring in a quality player in this position. He was used occasionally but maybe his time is over as i feel the next level will be too much for him.

Nicola Rossini - Youngster who was used to keep the bench warm when required.

Daniele Nohman - Used more early on in the season and mainly consigned to the bench from then on. Did contribute a couple of goals which secured us some valuable points but i wont be renewing his contract.

Christian Spampatti - Yet again he finished the season as our top goalscorer despite missing a couple of months half way through the season with an injury which meant he couldn't improve on last seasons goal tally.

Fabio Hoxha - Our under 21 international Albainian striker who i brought in over the summer. He seemed to add a great deal of pace to our attack, despite only having a pace stat of 11, whilst also not being afraid of taking on the oppostion defenders. He was more effective in the first half of the season and played less with the arrival of Kyeremateng.

Giovanni Kyeremateng - The other player i picked up in January. With Spampatti out injured for several months and not wanting to rely on Nohman, i felt i needed another striker. I choose well as he contributed 9 goals and 2 assists in the second half of the season. Some of his goals proved to be very important but he also had some really shocking performances which reduced his average rating.

Next Season

I am currently looking out for potential signings to improve the team for next season with several of my players out of contract at the end of this season. The wage budget hasn't gone up much really, from around 7.5k to 12.5k, especially when you consider that i already been a bit above last years wage budget already, hopefully though i can still improve my squad enough to compete. My aim is to obviously avoid relegation but i am hoping to be more in a mid table position so that i could possible push on for promotion/playoff spot the year after.

Edit: One thing that i have just noticed is that we must have a good fan base even if we are a very small club. We have an average attendance of just over 2000 people per game during the season just gone which puts us 1st in the leagues average attendance. Not bad considering when i signed up to this club it had the worst reputation in Serie C2.

It's great to read how everybody else is doing even if it is not going as well for some as it is for others. Keep up the good work everyone.

TanO - Good season, shame about the slump. Those Team Meeting results will be something to keep in mind.

iacovone - Good luck with Novese. Funny that your stadium is called that, since there's also

about him.

StellaF1 - Great season there, especially with the title being won in the 91st minute of the last match.

A small update from Cannes :)

Initially was doing brilliant in the league and approaching the winter break having only lost one game and conceded 4 goals. However due to tiredness and stupidity on my part (shutting down pc whilst game still saving) the save got corrupted. :(

Thankfully FM seemed to have created a backup of the previous save point whilst it was saving...which sent me back to just before my previous update in the thread.

I'm continuing on but not doing quite as well, into November and I've lost 2 games already and conceded 6 goals and we don't seem to be playing as well as previously. Although I suppose I can't complain as we're still top :)

150px-Usnovese.png

Pre-Season Build Up - Novese - Serie C2B - 2012/13

Media Prediction: 17th

Transfer Budget: £10.62k

Wage Budget: £8,059 p/w

Squad Wage Bill: £7,754 p/w

Key New Signings:Giuseppe Imburgia (D/WBL) - my first signing and one I'm pleased with. Should add strength and experience to the backline.

Roberto Biserni (DR/WBR/DM/MC) - on the other flank we have more experience and importantly a touch of versatility. Biserni operates best as a wing back but as age catches up to him I can see him moving into midfield.

Rok Bozic (DM/CM) - a fantastic name welcomes the half Slovenian, half Italian. He will literally be the "rock" of our midfield and I expect him to lead by example in there. He'll be the central CM of three.

Giorgio Natale (ST/AMC) - I'm really excited by this kid. Found him loitering in the free transfers as a 16 year old with promise. He'll be the trequartista in my midfield and will have the freedom to express himself. Youthful exuberance should never be doubted!

Antonio Montella (ST) - spent a fortune on loyalty fees to get him to agree to a move to Novese, but I have a feeling he'll be worth it. He looks very good for this level.

Riccardo Innocenti (ST) - joining Montella is the new captain of the club, Innocenti. He is a big brute of a target man and I'm hoping will add another dimension to our forward line.

All in all I signed 12 players all on free transfers. I have shipped out 13 with likely more to go. We'll have a thin squad so it's going to be vital to avoid injuries. If we do I'm hoping for a good season. :)

2978.jpg

Barakaldo 2012 Preseason Report

Club Situation

Media Prediction: 11th

Captain: Unai Alba

Vice Captain: Seco

Season Ticket Holders: 3000

Finances: £74k

Transfer Budget: £85k

Wage Budget: £24k

Transfers

Key Signings

Unai Alba - Found him in the list my new scout brought with him. Immediately became first choice goalkeeper.

Mikel Danobeitia - Found him in the same list as Alba, pounced on his signature and was surprised nobody else made offers for him.

Alex Quintanilla - Versatile backup for all central positions.

Julen Etxabeguren - I felt Neira needed a good partner so I loaned in Etxabeguren from Real Sociedad.

Noe Metzger - The big gamble. After finding him in the Aviron Bayonnais youth team and seeing scouts come back saying he could be good enough for the league above in the future I shelled out 120k on him.

The rest were youths in the free transfer list who I signed to develop and fill out the squad. Except Gabilondo who is going to be my first-choice leftback at 17.

Current First Choice Lineup

GK Alba

DR Lopez

DC Etxabeguren

DC Neira

DL Gabilondo

DM Eneko

MC Medina

MC Penella

RW Fernando

LW Mentxaka

ST Danobeitia

First fixture is at home against Eibar.

Not sure what's going on with my team. First 12 games of the season, I only lose two games then I go eight games only winning one! Infuriating. Promotion contenders to mid-table obscurity hunters.

This is what I am having an issue with, we seem to go on a huge winning run sitting near the top, then fall apart and have some crazy losses before attempting to turn it back again...

Archived