FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Not sure what I've got over Benfica this season. PLayed them twice so far, both at home. First game, in the league, I won 5-0 and the second, in the Taca de Portugal, I won 7-0! They are the reigning champions!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JimBowmanuk - Good season in the First. 62 points would have you right up near the top next season. For instance in my game last season St Mirren won the First with 60 points, and the season before that we could have secured the First Division with 62 points, though in fact we went flamboyantly over the top and managed 65. Oh dear, I'm not really making you feel better, am I? What I mean is keep improving next year and you should achieve promotion. Glad to see you're getting some goals out of Burrows and Kolseth. I never could; though to be completely fair to them, I never played them. It always helps to have at least one Kunt in your team - as evidenced by his 7.12 average rating.

El Sid - Congrats. Maybe you'll be the first to win a league title. (I don't think anyone else has yet).

Dextermorgan - Great progress. Is your nom de guerre a homage to the serial killer? Is your squad now completely basqued up?

GWiz - How does the Russian league compare in terms of difficulty to the other countries? I think it's the one country that's never been cracked, and someone once mentioned nationality restrictions. Is it difficult to find good players?

DodgeeD - How did you do last season? I must have missed your last end of season report. Is this your first season in Europe? Any way, good luck this season.

rlipscombe - Hope the final bit of your season goes / is going / went well.

Amethyst21 - Sorry for leaving you out. I feel for you. My team has one good striker (Ricardo Kishna) who never actually does the whole scoring thing, (and in fact just 5 minutes ago I dropped him to the bench for the next match because my best scout thinks one of my young guns has surpassed him) but he has created a lot of goals for my striker (Hamza Zengin) who does score a lot.

In fact I actually dread Kishna scoring goals because this is always a sure and certain sign that he's about to pick up a serious injury. Unfortunately for him I'm (hopefully) about to sign a new striker, who I've been waiting patiently to recover from an injury, which will probably be the (really, I apologise for this in advance. I'm so sorry) Kishna of death for him.

The hash reality of the game is that some strikers never score, while others, even when your Ass Man is giving you a star and a half rating on them and assuring you that even your 14 year old Youth trainee goalie would make a better striker, keep banging them in.

I wish I could access youtube in China, just so I could show you this bit of action from my last game.

We were up against Morton in the League Cup and their goalkeeper runs out to the corner flag to intercept the ball. Now what do you do in this situation

a) Kick the ball out for a throw in

b) Kick the ball out for a throw in

c) Seriously, dude. You have none of your own players to pass to. Nothing good is going to happen here. Kick. The. Ball. Out

d) Alright, kick the ball 30 yards up the sideline straight to my full-back who with one elegant sweep of his left foot scores his first ever goal for East Stirlingshire from 45 yards out, (official game distance. I'm not exaggerating).

It's the first ever highlight I've saved, and it will come in useful whenever I need cheering up with a laugh.

DodgeeD - How did you do last season? I must have missed your last end of season report. Is this your first season in Europe? Any way, good luck this season.

I was 6th in the league but won through the ridiculous European places play-off system to grab a Europa League slot. It was our first time in Europe and it was fun but didn't last very long. :) Full report to come later on today.

V5vCe.png

Peña Sport FC season review 2020/21

League, Past Positions, Finances, transfers

League

The league went really well. It came down to the last match of the season with us in the drivers seat and Valencia needing to beat our result to take the title off us. However they ony managed a draw and as such gave us the title. The league was until the last couple of weeks of the season a three way battle with Barcelona being the other team involved. However after Man Utd put them out of Europe their form seemed to drop off and enabled us to get a valuable 1-0 win over them to keep the title in reach. All in all I'm really happy with the season but now must push on and become better than we are if we want to take the Champions League.

Champions League

Group Stage

Home vs Dynamo Kyiv, Away vs Arsenal, Away vs Werder Bremen

Away vs Dynamo Kyiv, Home vs Arsenal, Home vs Werder Bremen

1st Knockout round vs FC Bayern - 6-1 aggregate loss - Scorers: (H) Millán, (A) Millán

A good little run here but we just weren't good enough against the might of Bayern.

Cup

4th Round vs Alavés - 4-0 aggregate win Scorers: (A) Perez Postigo(2), (H) Perez Postigo(2)

5th Round vs Numancia - 2-2 aggregate draw - through on away goals Scorers: (A) Lopez, (H) Cruz

Quarter Final vs Valencia - 2-2 aggregate draw - lost on penalties Scorers: (H) Lopez, (A) Miguel,

A round further than last year so that's a bit of an improvement but still it's disappointing to go out on penalties.

Squad

GK's

Legros - Had a great season between the sticks.

Salz - Played really well when he played in the 4th and 5th rounds of the cup.

Defenders

Manangu - Started the seaosn injured but once he came back to the squad was a mainstay and played well.

Kverkvelia - A great year for the defender. He was solid and works really well with Miguel.

Miguel - Played really well with Kverkvelia and even added a few goals to the teams total.

Drachmann - Spent the last month and a half of the season out through injury but before that played really well. He probably played better as he wasn't playing every game what with sharing time with Mustafaraj.

Duque - Didn't really get too much playing time but when he came in he performed well.

Fusaro - once again the third choice defender and played fairy well.

Felipe - Started the season in the first team as Manangu was hurt but after that got very little game time. He did play okay when he was in the side.

Mustafaraj - Brought in to lighten Drachmann's load of games and played really well at left back.

Midfielders

Alvarez - Another decent year for the right winger.

Fabregas - Can't believe that he was offered out by Barca. Came in and played fairly well for a 33 year old.

Allen - A mainstay and the club captain. Worked well with whoever was playing alongside him.

Roland - Had an okay year but could really find himself as the back up to Del Rio next season.

Etxebarria - Played fairly well but didn't get as much time on the pitch as the last couple of years.

Koke - Relegated to the 3rd choice once Fabregas came in, played fairly well during the first half of the season.

Dumont - Was pretty decen tdown the right when he was in the side and is really pushing Alvarez for the starting spot.

Del Rio - Played extremely well which is pleasing as he has come through the youth team. He is close to overtaking Roland for the starting job.

Strikers

Cruz - Had a fairly good year but was nowhere near as good as last season.

López - Played pretty well and ended up as our top scorer.

Serderov - Was great in the Champions league and played fairly well when he came on in other competitions.

Millán - Started slowly and spent a bit of time at the start of the season injured but pushed on and got better towards the end of the season.

Weuts - Barely featured. He was only really still with us out of loyalty to him. However he has now retired.

Player for the future

Ander Lasa - This youngster has come up through the youth squad and has played fairly well in the games he has played in. Has mainly been used as back up and has played with all the other central midfielders in the squad.

Pérez Postigo was given a mutual termination after complaining he was only playing in the cups.

Season     |  Division           | League Position  |   Copa Del Rey  |       Europe       |    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    | 2nd Division B2     |      12th        |      N/A        |        N/A         |      Stayed up
2013/14    | 2nd Division B2     |      1st         |      N/A        |        N/A         |Champions and Promotion
2014/15    | Liga Adelante       |      12th        |     2nd RD      |        N/A         |      Stayed up
2015/16    | Liga Adelante       |      4th         |     4th RD      |        N/A         |      Playoffs
2016/17    | Liga Adelante       |      1st         |     5th RD      |        N/A         |Champions and Promotion
2017/18    |   Liga BBVA         |      11th        |  Quarter Final  |        N/A         |      Stayed up
2018/19    |   Liga BBVA         |      5th         |    Winners      |        N/A         |Cup winners and European qualification
2019/20    |   Liga BBVA         |      3rd         |     5th RD      |Europa league 1st KO|Champions League Qualification
2020/21    |   Liga BBVA         |      1st         |  Quarter Final  |     CL 1st KO      |      [b]Champions[/b] 

The 100 Club

This section will be for those player who gain over 100 appearances and/or goals for the club while under my management. this is League and cup competitions.

Player               |   Apps   |     Goals     | Seasons between |     Note
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Javi Jimenez         |   101    |       3       |   2012-2015     |    Retired
Dolly Menga          |   135    |      60       |   2012-2016     |  sold by board
Igotz Garde          |   143    |      13       |  2012-Present   |    Retired
Kurt Weuts           |   270    |     101       |   2013-2021     |    Retired
Txitxo               |   108    |       2       |   2012-2016     |    Retired
Bidari               |   206    |      24       |  2013-Present   | Released on a free
Yeray Soto           |   108    |       0       |   2012-2016     |    Retired
Juanma               |   165    |       7       |   2012-2018     | Retired now a scout
Carlos Garde         |   152    |      10       |   2012-2017     |Wouldn't sign new contract
Jorgito              |   119    |      12       |   2014-2017     |Wouldn't sign new contract
Felipe               |   199    |       1       |  2014-Present   |
Nacho Gómez          |   119    |      13       |   2013-2017     |Wouldn't sign new contract      
Alejo Diego Puente   |   167    |      15       |  2013-Present   |
Nenê                 |   137    |      17       |   2014-2018     |Sold to Zenit for £6.25 million
Carl Allen           |   252    |      38       |  2015-Present   |
Sten Drachmann       |   235    |       0       |  2015-Present   |
Óscar Kortina        |   115    |      12       |   2012-2019     | Released on a free
Jérémy Roland        |   220    |      21       |  2015-Present   |
Mathias Legros       |   232    |       0       |  2016-Present   | 
Jean-Jacques Dumont  |   173    |      29       |  2016-Present   |
Ignacio Etxebarria   |   116    |       0       |  2012-Present   |
Antonio Pérez Postigo|   119    |      26       |   2016-2021     | Released on a free
Solomon Kverkvelia   |   121    |       9       |  2018-Present   |
Francisco Manuel Cruz|   131    |      48       |  2018-Present   |
Nicolás López        |   109    |      62       |  2018-Present   |
Koke                 |   107    |       0       |  2018-Present   |
Tiago Duque          |   107    |       4       |  2017-Present   |
Pablo Alvarez        |   112    |      22       |  2018-Present   |

Previous Years

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19

2019/20

Keçiorengücü 2017/18 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 2nd

Championship Group: 3rd

(qualified for next season’s Europa League)

Turkish Cup: 4th Round

Europa League: 4th Qualifying Round

Europa League

Our season began with Europa League qualifiers. We entered in the 3rd qualifying round and were paired with Danish side Esbjerg. Despite conceding early on, we won the away game 3-1 and then proceeded to stroll into the next round with a 4-1 win at home. Rosenberg of Norway stood between us and the group stages but their European experience proved too much. A 3-0 loss in Norway left us with a lot to do and when we conceded early on in the home game it seemed impossible. However, we rallied and by half time we led 5-1 giving us the advantage we needed. In a crazy game, we then conceded twice more to let Rosenberg retake the lead. A late goal levelled the scores 6-6 on aggregate but it wasn’t enough as Rosenborg went through on away goals. A short but fun European adventure – we’ll be hoping for more next time!

Premier Division

I was confident going into this season that my group of ever-improving youngsters would be capable of challenging for a European place and so it proved as we were never outside of the top 5. As ever, we were prolific in attack but a big difference this year was our defence. Although we still conceded more than a goal a game and had the odd blip (like 4-1 and 4-2 defeats to Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe, a 6-6 thriller with Gençlerbirliği and a 4-4 scorline at Bursaspor), we kept many more clean sheets than in any other season so far. We spent the first half of the season in a tussle with Gençlerbiriliği and Galatasaray with the chasing back of Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş and Bursaspor never far behind. An 3-1 win over Galatasaray in March set our opponents off on a poor run of form and allowed us to go top. However, we were only 3 points ahead of Fenerbahçe and I was always weary of the fact that we would play them away on the final day. Somewhat inevitably, we lost that game to finish level on points with them. We were pushed into second as the first tie-breaker in the Turkish league is head-to-head results.

Final Table

Championship Group

If that had been the end of the season, I would have been sick as a parrot at losing the title on head-to-head results. But it wasn’t the end as we now went into the ‘Championship Group’ with the other top 4 sides. Much like the 5th-8th placed play-offs we were in last season, this is quite complicated but I hope this quick explanation will do – basically, the top 4 at the end of the regular season go into a group and play each other twice more. Half of the regular season points are carried over (so you still have an advantage if you were first in the league) and points won in the play-off group are added to that total. The top side after the 6 games is declared champion and goes in the Champions League group stage the next season; second place goes into the Champions League play-offs; third goes to the Europa League and fourth goes into another play-off with the winner of the 5th-8th place play-offs….

Anyway, best thing is to just get as many points as you can and hope for the best! :p Obviously, going head-to-head with Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe once again would be tough (in reality, I think this system was devised to give them a second chance if some ‘smaller team’ tops the table in the regular season) – we had won 1, lost won against Galatasaray and lose both games to Fenerbahçe in the regular season. We started at home to Fenerbahçe and were doing well as we found ourselves 2-0 with ten minutes to go. We couldn’t hold on though and it finished 2-2. We were then away to Galtasaray and again lost points late on. This time it was 1-1 with 10 minutes to play and we lost 3-1. We then had another riproaring game with Bursaspor. After our 4-4 result earlier in the season, we played out a 3-3 with the lead changing hands twice in the last 12 minutes. We then visited Fenerbahçe and gave one of our worst performances of the season, losing 4-1 and ending any faint title hopes. A team meeting gave us renewed belief though and we then beat Galatasary in our next game to pick up our first championship group win. That meant we could still finish second if we beat Bursaspor and Fenerbahçe lost their title decider with Galatasaray. We did our part with a 4-1 victory and all was going well in the other game until Fenerbahçe scored a late equaliser to finish ahead of us, once again on head-to-head results…

Final standings

Turkish Cup

Another year, another early exit! This time, we faced Beşiktaş away in the 4th round and lost 3-1.

The Squad: Transfers

We had a clear out of the reserve squad and also got the chance to send some players out on loan this season. The loss of Joe Marshall was tough to take but brought in a decent fee.

The deals concluded in January were mainly ones with the future in mind as I picked up a few youngsters on free transfers. One addition to the first team squad came in the shape of Israeli U21 international defender Matan Mizrahi, a bargain at 325k.

The Squad: Key Players

Egemen Korkmaz (DC) – Rolled back the years with some commanding displays at centre half. He was a big part of the reason our defence was better. Unfortunately, he was only on a one-year contract and rejected our extension offer opting for a swansong in Portugal instead. Still, he is about to turn 36 so it won’ be too big of a blow.

Samet Kalaç (DC) – The other part of the reason our defence was better. Kalaç was solid and benefitted from playing alongside the more experienced Korkmaz.

Şahin Kaya (DM) – Started the season as a rotation option but injuries soon meant he was first choice in the holding midfield role. He turned in performances beyond his years (he turned 18 during the season) and it is great to see a product of our own youth system in the team so quickly.

Inout Maior (MC) – The Romanian has really developed over the last couple of seasons and is now one of the best midfielders in the league and a regular in his national sides squad.

Hakan Konak (AMR/C) – Made sure the departing Joe Marshall was not missed too much with 15 goals and 15 assists from the right wing. He did well enough to get called up by the natşonal side at the end of the season.

Barış Tan (AMLC) – With Berkin Arslan spending much of the season injured, this youngster got a chance to step up and prove himself, which he took well. Not as prolific as Hakan on the right but still turned in some match-winning performances.

Jens Mayer (AMR/ST) – built on last season’s promise to score and contribute several goals whether playing up front or on the right wing.

Nicky Woodford (ST) – Somehow even better than last season! 30 goals in the league and more in our brief European run helped make him the club’s record scorer of all time – not bad after just 2 and a half years at the club. He was even scouted by England boss José Mourinho ahead of the World Cup but alas didn’t make the squad.

The Squad: Ones to Watch

Sercan Nergiz started to justify the 2million I spent on him when he was 17 with some good performances when given a chance in the first team. He may well be our first choice left-back next season. January signing Matthew Blake also showed signs of promise in central midfield and Keçiörengücü fans can expect to see more of the Welshman in the new campaign.

The Squad: Awards

Nicky Woodford was the league’s Top Goalscorer and the Supporters’ Player of the Year once again. He was also named as the league’s Foreign Player of the Year. Strangely though, he was not mentioned in the Striker of the Year award, that gong instead going to team mate Jens Meyer. Both players, along with Hakan Konak, made sure Keçiörengücü were represented in the Turkish Premier Division Team of the Year.

Konak was also named as the Midfielder of the Year and left winger Barış Tan won the Young Player of the Year award with Şahin Kaya 3rd.

As a team we were named as the league overachievers and we also topped the Turkish Premier Division Fair Play League for the third year in a row (fourth if you count the same award from our season in the First Division.

The Season Ahead…

Europe is now an expectation, both for me and the club. I will also be looking to reach the group stages in the Europa League and I desperately want to have a run in the cup!

In terms of the squad, I will be offering new deals to key players like Woodford, Maior and Konak, which may take up a lot of our extra wage budget. Any new faces will most likely be Turkish as I feel there are too many foreign players in the squad at present. A new central defender to replace Korkmaz and some extra options in midfield will be my main targets.

The Story So Far…

Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe    | Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A       | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A       | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A       | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR | Qualified for Europa League

Barakaldo_CF.png

Barakaldo CG - The Basque Battlers 2014/15

Table

Fixtures 2nd half of season

Squad overview

Player of the season

End of season Finances

An impressive debut in La Liga saw us finish in 13th place and 16 points above the relegation zone. Bar between mid September and the end of October we were always pretty comfortable points wise. We had a few hidings along the way but that was always to be expected and i'll be very surprised if we don't get another few this year.

With my faith in Daniel Aranzubia more or less lost I decided the only way to play last season was to try and attack (settings were fluid and overload) and I think that was the main reason we did as well as we did, I saw it as pointless being cautious with the squad we had because we'd have been inviting trouble on ourselves, pretty much as I had the same philosophy in the Adalente. This year however I feel the signings I have made will tighten things up, especially Zabal in goal. He is far from the best keeper but very solid and probably a position I don't have to worry about for the next 2 seasons.

I was given an £18M budget to spend on players and I tried to get Raul Garcia again but he rejected me even after my £3M bid was accepted by Atletico.

I tried to get the board to build us a new stadium and whilst in principle they agreed we didn't have the funds so I decided that I would spend most of the transfer budget this year and take the chance on youth in the hope they can bed in to save me spending next season and allow us to save for the stadium. Below are links of all our signings.

2015/16 Transfer updates

Ignacio Zabal

Aymeric Laporte

Anaitz Arbilla

Hugo Arroyo

Ander Villalba

Fermin Garcia

Transfer totals

For the moment right back is our main concern but there is just nobody available, if someone does come along then that will be the only area i'll spend on for the time being. I feel those signings plus Asier Illarramendi last season makes the midfield my strongest area now, also my very first signing Ander Romero has made great strides in the past year, he's had a fair number of games and I have far better coaches than I did in the first 2 seasons which is obviously a factor, I hope he continues to develop as I always try and keep one of my original squad members/first signings at a club in this kind of save to add a bit of romance to it :cool:

Obviously I am aiming for survival again (all the board wants) anything more will be a bonus and at this stage (I'm already well in to the next season but couldn't be arsed to write this out last night) we are doing pretty well, I will go in to more detail in the half way review.

Season     |  Division           | League Position  |   Copa Del Rey  |       Europe       |    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    | 2nd Division B2     |      4th         |      N/A        |        N/A         |     Promotion via playoff
2013/14    | Liga Adelante       |      6th         |     2nd RD      |        N/A         |     Promotion via playoff
2014/15    | Liga BBVA           |      13th        |     4th RD      |        N/A         |     Stayed up

DodgeeD, very good season there do you think you've got the squad to go that little bit further next season?

Almondo, congratulations on the title :) I find Spain is always the hardest league to crack such is the force of Barca and Real over the rest of the league so it's a an achievement you should be proud of.

Jimbowmanuk, good season there too, if you can sort that defence up it seems you certainly have the firepower to go up next year.

el sid, i'm very impressed by the look of Neves and Millet in particular and they are very good incomings. Your side has taken to the Bundesliga like a duck to water, well done mate.

vikeologist, hope this answers your first question :D As for the Basque players I was quite lucky in that I only had one in the original squad and his contract ran out at the end of that season (can't remember his name and everyone who went that summer has retired so can't even check their profiles) Every single signing has been Basque and there has only been Aymeric Laporte who isn't Spanish Basque

DodgeeD, very good season there do you think you've got the squad to go that little bit further next season?

Cheers Dexter and congrats on a solid first season in the top flight.

I think we will be there or there abouts this season. I took a risk on buying a lot of youngsters with potential during our first season up and playing them in the first team rather than bringing in established players. That meant a dodgy first season (esğecially in defence) but it's paying off now as I have a good core of talented youngsters who are fufilling their potential. I have only brought in a few players on frees this summer as I didn't feel the need to spend. If not this season, then I expect to seriously push for the title next. :)

P.S. It's been a bit expensive and required some fiddling with budgets but I got nearly all first teamers with less than two years on their current contracts to sign new ones so I won't be forced into another situation like the Joe Marshall one. The only player to refuse a new deal is Samet Kalaç but he still has two years to go so I hope success this season can change his mind.

The odds on my game don't seem to be accepting that I'm a stronger team than I was when I got promoted. They still put me down as favourites to lose in games we really should be winning. Makes team talks tricky, although, having said that, I do keep losing to the poor teams too.

Edit - In something of a snap decision I've decided it's my defence that is sub-standard. January's coming up, going to look to make some big changes to my centre-backs.

GWiz - How does the Russian league compare in terms of difficulty to the other countries? I think it's the one country that's never been cracked, and someone once mentioned nationality restrictions. Is it difficult to find good players?

yeah its pretty tough, in the First Division you're restricted to 3 foreigners in your starting 11, so meant a lot of rotating my best players to satisfy the league rules. That goes up to 6 players in your starting 11 when you hit the Premier Division, so allows you to broaden your search a bit more. My main restriction so far has been finances, there is a lot of money in Russia at the moment, but its split between the larger teams (Anzhi, Zenit, CSKA), and the difference between the top teams and bottom teams in that division budget-wise is huge. My first year in the top division my wage budget is only 36k a week, so pretty tough to find players good enough within that limit.

Ill post an update with my signings shortly, got a few good young players in.

I would love to be the first to crack the challenge in Russia, but if its possible its going to take a fair bit of time to get the team really competitive in the Premier Division

Logo_of_FC_Dynamo_Stavropol.png

Dinamo Stavropol - 2015/2016 - Transfer Update

So, i took the decision to let Alim Mikheev go, Spartak Moscow offered me £2.5 million for him, too much money for me to refuse. So thats the 3 players currently in my favoured personnel list gone (Yuriy Sarasek & Marek Kuzma also left, Sarasek for free, Kuzma for £250k).

This left me with a few gaps to fill, and so the following players have all been brought in on frees to strengthen the squad:

Michael Babangida - young CB/ST, highly rated by my staff, and just picked up his first full cap for Nigeria

Momar Bangoura - DM brought in to strengthen the midfield

Guy Lombard - promising RB, another scout pick, great potential, goes straight into the starting line-up

Ales Slezak - CM/AMC who will slot into my midfield with relative ease

Maxim Votinov - brought in to help with the loss of Sarasek and Kuzma, hopefully he can provide good competition for the lone striker position

Alexandr Zotov - staff consider him to be my best DM so will fight with Kashiev and Bangoura for one of the starting places

I have decided to try and shift the focus of the squad to youth, hopefully some of these guys, along with the young players ive signed and the few decent prospects from our own youth setup can help the squad stay in the division. Its going to be a tough first season, but if we can consolidate a place in the Russian Premier Division then i hope we can kick on from there, with better finances next season

G-Wiz - congrats on promotion to the Premier Division.

Dexter – wow!! La Liga already!! That’s some form run to the top league. Solid 1st season there in La Liga too. Loving your progress – keep it up!

Toonbalmy - well done on 2nd place. Good luck in the CL next season.

Amethyst21 - looks like a tough season mate. Hopefully you can bounce back next season.

Almondo - Fabregas eh… good signing though he does look to be declining a little. I’d have struggled to resist signing him though. And congrats on the league title! Good luck with the CL next season.

El sid - congrats on 2nd place. Think we may be looking at Bundesliga champions for next season….

PRDH - awesome results against Benfica!

Vikeologist - solid season there mate.

DodgeeD - well done on 2nd place though gutted you didn’t snatch the title.

Barakaldo_CF.png

Barakaldo CG - The Basque Battlers 2015/16

Table

Results

Squad Overview

Player of the season

Young players

Hugo Arroyo

Ander Romero

Fermin Garcia

Ander Villalba

This certainly came as a shock to me. I spent a lot of the season trying to make the best out of our midfield and ultimately the first 2/3rds of the season were below par because of it (Malaga away aside, where I had gone back to 4-4-2 for a few games to get a few points on the board)

I don't know if any of you read my YF Juventus story from the Gundo challenge but from time to time when things aren't going well I try and make a tactic a bit out of the ordinary, not really stupid but a bit less predictable than normal. There I developed a libero system which won me the Champions league and I felt the need to make something different again, this time making use of my reasonably strong midfield and this 3-6-1 idea popped in to my head which particularly worked well at Valencia (my first win away at one of the traditional bigger clubs to date) and one the final day of the season at home to Atletico.

It was disastrous away at Real, but it was only the third game in to it after winning the previous 2, I had literally just started training Hugo Arroyo to become a CB and he's still only orange at it now after about 12 games there. Eventually he will become a libero, he seems to have all the right attributes to be able to do it but first of all I want him settled in the CB role. Eventually I would like to make this tactic a 3-3-3-1 or something similar but the players aren't available yet so it'll be a case of developing any youth prospects I can snatch from other clubs.

If we had won against Osasuna with 3 games left I would have thought we could have made the Europa league this year because obviously they'd have had 3 points less and we'd have had 3 points more but I was convinced that opportunity for this season had gone, even whilst we were thrashing Atletico we were stuck in 8th place, even just the final whistle went my mini table in the corner had us as 8th (I tend to have the live table on all the time in the second half of the season to see how things are going :D) so when I gave the team talk and found out Bilbao had done us a favour and scored in the dying seconds to bump us ahead of them I was genuinely shocked :D

The youth prospects I have posted may not have performed well as of yet but to be fair i've thrown them in at the deep end and their attributes have improved a lot over the season, with the lack of Basque talent available (or at least as of yet) I have to trust any kids I can snap up from day one and it's going to be like that for a few more seasons yet.

I've not made any signings as of yet for the next season but I have my eye on a young striker at Valencia, a young center back at Roma and Markel Susaeta from Bilbao. Susaeta is probably the one I need the most at the moment but I need him to drop his wages by £5k or hope that the board give me an increase once the final budgets are set.

Finally, the curtains came down on Daniel Aranzubia's career. Though his form this and last season was below par we would never have made it to La Liga without his heroics in the Adelante and when I saw he wanted to be a coach I felt it was my duty to offer him a role at the club and he is already looking a top class coach :)

2012/13    | 2nd Division B2     |      4th         |      N/A        |        N/A         |     Promotion via playoff
2013/14    | Liga Adelante       |      6th         |     2nd RD      |        N/A         |     Promotion via playoff
2014/15    | Liga BBVA           |      13th        |     4th RD      |        N/A         |     Stayed up
2015/16    | Liga BBVA           |      7th         |    4th RD       |        N/A         |     Qualified for Europa League         

Elgin City - 2015/16 – Season 4(Jimbowmanuk)

Media Prediction: 9th

Actual finish: 1st

Season Tickets: 469(+9)

Transfers

Only signed 5 players all year with 1 of them coming in January and another after the season had ended but he looks like he'll be important next season, got rid of a lot of deadwood too, as some of these players were good in the Third Div but very poor for the First

League

The board wanted me to achieve a respectble position in the league and with some great results early on we were cruising to the title, 6 points clear after 18 games and things were looking very good, but a couple of draws and the odd loss coupled with Falkirk's form looking unbeatable we were struggling to hold onto top spot, then with the final few games of the season Elgin and Falkirk were switching places regularly, going into the last game we were 2points behind but our goal difference was superior to Falkirk. So if we won and Falkirk failed to do so we were going up, Falkirk conceded after only 5 mins, and we were crusing in our game but East Fife pulled back 2 goals to give me a nervy 10 mins but the team held on in the end and Falkirk failed to find the net meaning we were promoted on 75 points and Falkirk finished their 2nd season in a row 1 point behind the champions.

Graph - jostling with Falkirk

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Scottish Cup

The board were expecting us to reach the 4th round

An easy way to please the board, as we didn't enter the competition til the 4th round, we had an away trip to non-league Inverurie Loco Works, a game we dominated 5-0 setting up a trip to Glasgow to play Celtic and another payday for the club, we were played off the park going down 4-0

League Challenge Cup

Board no longer valued this competition(but I wanted to win it)

Unfortunately my goal of winning the League challenge cup ended in the 1st round, despite dominating the match we just couldn't find the net and went down 1-0 to Cowdenbeath

League Cup

Board wanted us to reach the 2nd round

We were drawn against Third division East Stirlingshire in the 1st round, and the minnows put up a good fight we won 5-3 but my defence looked very suspect, the 2nd round had us travelling to fellow First Division side Kilmarnock and we played them off the park running out 6-0 winners, the team was starting to gel now, the 3rd round matched us against our Parent Club Hibernian, who went 2-0 up early but soon we were firing and were 4-2 up with 20 minutes to go before the defence collapsed and let in 4 goals meaning we were out 4-6.

Squad

The squad is taking shape now but despite scoring barrel loads of goals thanks to a great partnership between Kimbembe and Kolseth accounting for 48 goals throughout the season, Keeper Boothman and his deputy, Glover, are both very suspect in goal but I cant find better players willing to sign, Dale Fulton was the on Scottish player still considered good enough for the squad and his 32 assists proved why he's in the team.

Unless the board upgrade us to professional status next season we are really going to struggle, the board have decided to install undersoil heating meaning we will be ground sharing Highland League team, Forres Mechanics ground til work is complete, this pleases me as their ground holds 1k more fans than mine so more money hopefully.

Season League Finish Cups Europe Achievements
2012/13 Third Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 1st round N/A Promoted!!
2013/14 Second Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 2nd round N/A Promoted!!
2014/15 First Division 4th SC 4th round, LC 3rd Round, LCC Semi-final N/A Nothing of note
2015/16 First Division 1st SC 5th round, LC 3rd round, LCC 1st round N/A Promoted!!

JimBowmanUK - Congrats, but blimey that sounds like it was a stressful final game. You shouldn't have too many problem in the top tier. I hope you didn't have too many players with promotion to top division clauses. I'm sure you will go pro now, but your wage bill could be about to increase somewhat.But - sharing with Forres Mechanics! I assumed grounds had to be all-seater in the Premier League.Hopefully you can expand your own ground soon.

JimBowmanUK - Congrats, but blimey that sounds like it was a stressful final game. You shouldn't have too many problem in the top tier. I hope you didn't have too many players with promotion to top division clauses. I'm sure you will go pro now, but your wage bill could be about to increase somewhat.But - sharing with Forres Mechanics! I assumed grounds had to be all-seater in the Premier League.Hopefully you can expand your own ground soon.

Cheers Vikeologist, We turned professional just before the new season started, but the rules in Scotland are that top tier teams have to have undersoil heating, which cost the club £2.4 million, we didn't have the cash so the board took out a loan costing nearly £40k a month, wage bill is £9k but I had to sell Kimbembe to get some cash and keep wages down, started the season with a draw at Hibs, win against St Mirren and spanked 4-0 by Hamilton, won in the 1st 2 rounds of the league cup though so a good cup run could give us some extra income. I reckon we'll be mid-table at the end of the season. Link cut with Hibs but I now have Bolton Wanderers as my Parent Club.

I'm kind of enjoying playing in the Scottish premier for the first time. Many years ago I gave it a try, with my boyhood club Hibs, but never seemed close to breaking the Glasgow monopoly. Every time I had a half decent player they wanted too much money and buggered off to Celtic / rangers (which to be fair is fairly true to life) but this time there are a couple of differences.

1. As mentioned in previous posts, coinciding with my arrival in the Premier, Rangers became rubbish (though unfortunately not always necessarily against us). This means that the competition for a Champions League place is up for grabs. Then this season Celtic aren't running away with the title. If fact after about 15 games there's still lots of teams in touch with the leader (who's either Celtic or Hibs who have a game or two in hand I think).

2. The league splitting into 2 for the final 5 games is actually quite fun, especially if the clubs are quite close together. It meant the final 5 games of the season were all key games against our rivals for European places (plus Celtic who had won the league sometime in the distant history of the campaign). Of course these final 5 games won't be so key every season, but it does make things more interesting sometimes, both before and after the 'split', and since we're hovering around mid-table again, I'm enjoying the game in a way i didn't the first couple of seasons which were basically cake-walks and the time in Division 1 where there was just one promotion place and a whole lot of also rans.

brettney1890 - Congrats on the title (the bizarre play-off system does mean you are champions!) What is Turkey's coefficient like in your game? I assume that means automtic qualificaiton for the group stages of the Champions Legue still.

Had to go through 2 qualifying rounds, APOEL 4-3 and Partizan 7-0 (both Agg.) got a group of Chelsea, AZ + Lyon. Haven't managed to play in a few days again.

I'm kind of enjoying playing in the Scottish premier for the first time. Many years ago I gave it a try, with my boyhood club Hibs, but never seemed close to breaking the Glasgow monopoly. Every time I had a half decent player they wanted too much money and buggered off to Celtic / rangers (which to be fair is fairly true to life) but this time there are a couple of differences.

1. As mentioned in previous posts, coinciding with my arrival in the Premier, Rangers became rubbish (though unfortunately not always necessarily against us). This means that the competition for a Champions League place is up for grabs. Then this season Celtic aren't running away with the title. If fact after about 15 games there's still lots of teams in touch with the leader (who's either Celtic or Hibs who have a game or two in hand I think).

2. The league splitting into 2 for the final 5 games is actually quite fun, especially if the clubs are quite close together. It meant the final 5 games of the season were all key games against our rivals for European places (plus Celtic who had won the league sometime in the distant history of the campaign). Of course these final 5 games won't be so key every season, but it does make things more interesting sometimes, both before and after the 'split', and since we're hovering around mid-table again, I'm enjoying the game in a way i didn't the first couple of seasons which were basically cake-walks and the time in Division 1 where there was just one promotion place and a whole lot of also rans.

I managed to always break the Old Firm monopoly with my team, St Johnstone in the old Champ Manager 2 days( helped by the fact I had Duncan Ferguson and Alan Shearer as my strike partnership) but always struggled with football manager, Rangers seem to be on a down turn in my game too, they finished 2nd in 14/15 beating Hibs who finished 3rd on goal difference, and in 15/16 they only finished 4th behind Celtic(1st), Aberdeen(2nd) and Hibs(3rd) Celtic do seem to win the league quite comfortably so that'll be the real challenge in a couple of seasons

Not sure how I just lost that game. Second-leg of my Euro Cup First Knockout Round against Stuttgart. Drew 2-2 in the first leg in Germany. Back in the Azores I had 21 shots to their 8, 66% of possession and 10 corners to their 1 and I lost 3-1.

Oh well, it looks like I'll be having another shot at Europe's less glamourous competition next season...

PRDH - that's seriously unlucky...

brettney1980 - congrats making the group stages though that's a tough group. good luck.

As for Mannheim, our debut season in Bundesliga II is complete. i will try and get the review up in the coming days but we'll be playing in Bundesliga II again next season...

PRDH - that's seriously unlucky...

brettney1980 - congrats making the group stages though that's a tough group. good luck.

Thanks, and i may just make it out of the group ... 1 game to go and a win over AZ gaurentees we're through .. Depending on the Chelsea vs Lyon game we could even win the group .. A draw there and a draw vs AZ could see us through ... Playing now.

EDIT: 4-0 See's us through but Chelsea score in the 89' minute to see them top the group.

The Elgin City board are a bunch of chancers, we sold over 1000 season tickets, but the ground were sharing only has 500 seats, so that means the board took the money form the fans but will only allow half of the season ticket holders into home games, and the undersoil heating isn't due to finish til the end of February

Aston Villa just made a bid in the region of 16 million pounds for Nicky Woodford! :eek:

I don't want to lose my top scorer but that could pay for a new stadium....

see if you can squeeze more money out of them i did with inter they offered me 12 for mataz and in the end i think i sold him for 15 :D

Champions League group draw

PSG

Inter Milan

Spartak Moscow

Currently top after 4 games :D

see if you can squeeze more money out of them i did with inter they offered me 12 for mataz and in the end i think i sold him for 15 :D

Champions League group draw

PSG

Inter Milan

Spartak Moscow

Currently top after 4 games :D

I rejected them to see if they come back with an imporved deal. Quite impressed and relieved that my chairman didn't decide it was 'too good to refuse' :)

The Elgin City board are a bunch of chancers, we sold over 1000 season tickets, but the ground were sharing only has 500 seats, so that means the board took the money form the fans but will only allow half of the season ticket holders into home games, and the undersoil heating isn't due to finish til the end of February

Haha! That's genius chairmanship.

(insert generic tight Scotsman joke here)

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Season Summary - 2020/21

Finances

Key figure - £16,051,791 | Summary

A series of large transfers out of the club gave the finances a fairly healthy, if slightly unreflective, glow.

Transfers | 12 in (£1.2m), 15 out (£17.5m)

This summer (and January too) saw a number of great Lusitânia Açores careers come to an end. Dias left on a free after refusing to sign a new contract, and in pre-emptive moves Henrique and Eduard Borodin were both sold to avoid the same happening at the end of this season. Jorge Rodriguez, the much-vaunted midfielder who never quite played as well as he ought, started to kick up a fuss about leaving and was promptly sold. It was therefore with a significant sense of foreboding that I embarked on the new season without so many established figures in the club. Especially as it meant both captain and vice captain were leaving the club. Then came January and again tough decisions had to be made. Leandrinho's contract was running down, he was sold for a knock-down price, and Felix Krause (the man appointed captain at the start of the season) started making noises about leaving. He too was sold. The replacements will be mentioned below.

League | Predicted 8th

League | Graph

After the pre-season's upheaval I was hoping to maintain my position in the Europa League places to guarantee the income I rely on for another season. A great start to the season, including a 5-0 victory over holders Benfica, left me with hope at least that would happen. We won our first 5 games leaving us sitting at the top of the league. It was, probably, misleading though. Our next two games took us to Porto and Sporting, games we lost sending us back to our more accustomed position.

Patchy form followed, good results followed, with neither rhyme nor reason, by bad. But we were holding our ground as best of the rest. Even starting to push Sporting out of the picture for third. This I thought would be a good result given the departures. As we settled into third it became clear we were keeping pace with the top two, Porto and Benfica. I started getting greedy and eyeing the Champions League and the accompanying riches.

As we entered the final quarter of the season we faced a pivotal moment. We once again faced Porto and Sporting in consecutive games. This time at home. This time we snaffled two wins - 2-1 and 3-2 respectively. This left us right in contention, not only for the Champions League spot, but also, shockingly for the title itself. It was unbearably close. With a slightly better H2H record against Benfica and a dead heat one with Porto but a goal difference a couple worse, we needed to get more points or goals than Porto and level points as Benfica.

Entering the last day of the season it was in the balance but ours to lose. We were ahead of Porto and level on points, ahead of Benfica in the standings. We welcomed Beira Mar to the Azores while Benfica faced the already relegated Nacional de Madeira. Unsurprisingly Benfica won their game, but we, thanks to two goals from Ivan Poljak completed our side of the deal too. We were Champions! And with an average squad age of just 21, we won it with kids...

Cups

Taça de Portugal | Semi final

A decent run ended with a disappointing defeat in the semi final.

League Cup | Winners

We managed to retain our League Cup crown after a win against Braga thanks to an Ivan Poljak brace.

Europe | 1st Knockout Round

I feel somewhat robbed here. We dominated Stuttgart in the second leg after taking a couple of away goals home from Germany. Despite our domination we lost though. Still, first time out of the group was nice.

Squad | Overview

Goalkeepers

Cabecinha - Played every minute of every game. A fine season without ever really excelling. Hopefully our reputation might leap enough to attract a truly class keeper for next season.

Marcelo Alvarez - Adequate if grumpy back up. Will look to sell him/release him over the summer as I'm getting bored of his moaning.

Defenders

Alexey Semenov - Survived the January defensive cull unlike Krause and Leandrinho. Once more a rock in the defence. Finished runner up in the defender of the year awards.

Carlos - Decent back up brought in in January.

Tobias Grote - Out if his depth unfortunately, especially with the new challenges ahead. One to move on.

Fabio Raimondi - Likewise. He did at least perform well enough when needed, but he's not cut out for the step up.

Ignacio Exteberria - January addition. Performed most as a back up left back, did a decent job in our run in.

Meranah Descazals - The man who replaced Krause. An excellent piece of business. Krause left for £4m+ and he arrived from Clairefontaine for nothing. Performed very well. Especially for a youngster.

Mathieu Favreau - He's been around the club for a while waiting for a chance. Leandrinho's exit finally gave him that and he grabbed it with both hands as he made the position his own.

Christian Osses - Never had much competition when fit. He's got a lovely left foot and whips great balls into the box.

Midfielders

André Paiva - Brought in to add a touch of Portugal to an otherwise entirely foreign squad. He is handy for games/registrations which require home-trained players. That's about it.

Philippe Derrien - Spent last season as back up to Borodin. With his departure I decided to entrust him with the first-team birth and he performed very well. Popped up with some very handy goals too. Made the departure of Borodin a total non-issue.

Kristian Bidstrup - Decent youngster. Played a bit at the start of the season but faded. He's still got an interesting future.

Thiago - One of the team's creative forces. Turning into a very good left winger. Definitely one to keep hold of while I can.

Paul Peters - Snapped up on the cheap from Nigeria, I see a big future for this midfielder.

Dirk Hentschel - Gave a first choice tag to both my right wingers as they got injured in relays. Hentschel played the first half of the season, Yurkin the second. Both performed well. When both are fit I don't know who I'll play.

Igor Yurkin - See above.

Raphaël Leclerc - Took over from Rodriguez and performed far more consistently. Another very easy replacement.

Néstor Hermosilla - Back up to Leclerc and future competition.

Erik Jakus - Got some good game time at the beginning of the season,

Forwards

Jorge Muñoz - Taking his first baby steps into the first team. He performed well picking up some handy goals along the way. The other strikers should be looking over their shoulders with him around.

Michael Mouritzen - Next in line after Muñoz. Another player with similar qualities.

Ivan Poljak - Henrique was the player I was most worried about replacing. He was the playmaking forward. Poljak had been around the squad a while without really making it. But out of necessity he was thrown in this year and never looked back. Not always prolific but scored important goals. His brace in the League Cup final one us that game, and he scored two in the final league game to win the title too.

Venizelos Chrysanthou - He had a great time this season as his 47 goals in all competitions display. He was the top scorer and assister in the Portuguese Premier League and broke the record for most goals in a Europa League campaign helped in part by his bullying of the minnows in the early qualifying rounds.

Giuseppe Gambino - An interesting player. Brought in, along with Badji, to replace Henrique. Didn't get as much game time as I was expecting. He is a decent player though. We'll see what happens.

Mamadou Badji - Big, strong, quick, decent finisher this guy has it all, expect he does sometimes lose his head. An impact sub more than anything as Chrysanthou kept him out of the first team.

Jan Kessler - Stalled a bit this season, wants out. Not keen to see him leave but may have to let him go somewhere.

Aims for this season were...

1/ Push up again. I don't want to continue slowly slipping down the table. I'm looking at 3rd or 4th. Yes, definitely yes...

2/ Get out of the European Group Stages. Yes

Aims for next season are...

1/ Not to be humiliated in the Champions League

2/ Stay in Portugal's top two and make the Champions League again.

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
2016/17		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
2017/18		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
2018/19		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
2019/20		Premier League		5th			Europa League again/League Cup win
2020/21		Premier League		1st			Champions!

Previous Updates

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

18/19

19/20

dexter :( Is there any way you can try and get your save back? Try and recover it from your HD?

I'd not have a clue tbh :( FM is the only thing I don't have backed up on my external hard drive. I'm even more gutted about it because i've not been able to get in to another game since and I had even got out of my Europa group with a game against Fenerbache in the knockout to come. Was 4th in the league too :(

Awesome going PRDH what a close season .. Good luck in the Champions League!

Thanks. It was terrifyingly close. I can't see the Champions League being much of a success this year.

I've got a spot of cash to spend now, no one interesting to sign, and can't decide where the weaknesses of my team lie. Just faffing around really.

I rejected them to see if they come back with an imporved deal. Quite impressed and relieved that my chairman didn't decide it was 'too good to refuse' :)

yeah Mataz was my top scorer last year but this years he has been dreadfull played 12 scored 3 assists 4 so i thought that's too much money to turn down :D

Just played Bayern, Leverkusen and Dortmund. Drew 1-1 against Bayern, won 3-1 against Leverkusen and got a 1-0 win over Dortmund! We are now 3rd in the league!

Also just finished upgrading our training facilities, currently upgrading our youth facilities.

SV_Wilhelmshaven.png

SV Wilhelmshaven Season Report 2019-2020

Defending German Cup winners Wilhelmshaven did not manage to capitalize on their success and produced a season that met expectations but never exceeded them

League|Graph: Once again the theme of the year was a lack of goals, although we managed to right that somewhat at the end of the season, we were basically toothless in front of goal. A frankly pathetic start to the season meant that we settled for 8th, no European football in Wilhelmshaven for the first time in 2 years.

Worriyingly, our average attendance remains poor, even though we are now Bundesliga mainstays. I know Wilhelmshaven isn't a big town...but some fans...please?

Super Cup: We drew Bayern through 90 competitive minutes before absolutely losing our composure from the penalty spot, however having Manuel Neurer in net will do that to some people

Europe: Passed into the group stage with ease and was placed into a group of death that included Blackburn, Benfica, and Monaco. We didn't have enough to get out of the group.

German Cup: Went out in the 2nd round to Dortmund. Pretty ugly defence of our crown, but Dortmund is a strong team

Squad

Keepers:

Farkas- The Slovak number one was great again...until he started randomly dropping shots and crosses at random. Is a brilliant shot-stopper but giving up easy goals is not a good trait to have

Lindstrom- More solid than Farkas but without his shot stopping ability. Might sell him as his contract is running out and get a cheap young replacement, but I'm undecided.

Defenders:

Perrone- The best overall player at the club, potential future captain. He's great at right back.

Martinovic- Now German international Martinovic as somehow he can't break the Serbian squad but the German squad is no problem? He's decent enough but Perrone is the first choice.

Musil- Solid and consistent as ever Musil plays left back well.

Andersen- Danish left back performs when called upon

Ivanildo- Club captain and legend even though he is only 27. 146 league appearances and 11 league goals, will be totals that will be built upon.

Balan- Good season from the Romanian, though yet to really show the massive potential my assistant sees in him.

Dembele- Competes with Balan for the other spot in defence alongside Ivanildo. Provides a little more culture and speed.

Bell- Falling out of most other competitions quickly meant little rotation at the back, so Bell didn't play ofter. Will probably be off in the summer as I'm bringing a promising youngster into an already stout defence.

Midfielders:

Falah- Played a LOT after Vieira broke his leg early in the season. Kept the season together for us, has been rewarded with a call up to the Sweden squad for the Euro Championships.

Fofana- After a disapointing season Fofana produced a very good season, and was relied upon after Urbaniak broke his leg. 5 goals on a team that struggled to score shows his importance.

Huertas- Was starting to be an anonymous season from last seasons German Cup hero Heurtas, until he hit a patch of goal scoring form that saw him piledrive in 4 goals in 3 games. Would love to see more of that form.

Jansen- Forgetable season, though didn't see as much playing time. Included in the Norway squad for the Euro Championships.

Jurco- As much as I like the Slovak, he's not going to help me win the title and with no Europe there might not be too many appearances coming for him, thus I might look to sell him on and let some younger players such as Jansen play more

Schussler- Loaned him from Arsenal when Vieira got hurt, proved his worth and at 1.9 million he might prove to be a bargain. It's also nice to have SOME Germans in a very international squad.

Urbanek- The Czech right winger is a great player for us, but broke his leg midway through the season. On his returned, he repaid the faith that his manager had in him by scoring a hattrick to sink Frankfurt.

Uzun- Keeps rolling along as a backup, now on the clubs favoured personnel

Vieira- A broken leg derailed his season and was not quite up to his usual standard. Really hoping he gets back to his best. Has taken German citizenship and is going to be eligible to play for Germany after the Euro Championships are done.

Wagner- The homegrown Wagner played well when called upon, but he's a squad player only

Worn- Somewhat disapointing season from Worn considering his high standards, but still a great talent.

Forwards:

Zoidze- Appears to be the only striker on the books that can acutally score. 9 equals his best league total. Hardly prolific.

Kyung-Ho- Flashes of brilliance from the Korean. Tore his calf in the last game of the season, but shouldn't miss too much time.

Ferry- Produced an outstanding 0 goals! Almost 1000 minutes of no goals means I'm absolutely sick of him already. He's going to be off in the summer. Possibly my worst ever FM signing.

Keles- Has a chance to be worse than Ferry. Has already been on leave to Turkey twice and produced no goals. He's got time to turn it around, but seriously, can't I sign a striker that can put the ball in the net for once?

The Departed:

Bogovic- Sold to Racing for 3 million, just wasn't good enough anymore though I wonder how the broken leg affected him. 86 league appearances, 3 goals for Die Schlicktowner

Englezou- Why anyone was interested in a striker from Wilhelmshaven is beyond me. Why Fulham would part with 6.75 million for a striker that barely scores is a mystery. 73 league appearances, 14 goals.

Finances: Despite no attendance or progress in Europe Finances are strong...if only the board would let me spend some....

Facilities: A good standard. Would ask for them to be upgraded further but I need to keep that money to strengthen the squad

Transfers: Made a good profit. Still really lack for a top flight striker but will be waiting a while more.

The transfer budget set by the board is only 6 million with hardly an increase in the wage budget despite there being plenty in the bank :mad:. Going to be doing some wheeling and dealing to improve the squad I think.

Archived