The Official FMRTE 2012 Thread

Jinner Jamie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well screw me silly, I had the auto-update turned off and still got hit with the update. It must have not saved the setting or something... Case in point of why I dislike Steam - losing control over the software.

Ah well...

Turning off Auto Update does not work, this has been mentioned many times before.

Use the Steam offline mode if you want to control when you allow Steam to update.

another week, another update :/

Its official, I'll have to waste some time rewriting and rethinking how I can make FMRTE handle new patches automatically..

Again, a new version should be out in a few days, it may take more time, as I will try to do some changes to make it work with future patches..

Turning off Auto Update does not work, this has been mentioned many times before.

Use the Steam offline mode if you want to control when you allow Steam to update.

See, I've got both and it hasn't updated for me.

Really feel for poor Ruci here, and he's doing a sterling job too.

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!

Sega Interactive should pay you.

Sega Interactive ???

For years SI have been slammed for leaving bugs and only fixing them en bloc in big patches and now folk are complaining when they do their job ?

Hey ho.

It's so simple not to update if you don't want to, and only a minority use FMRTE anyway.

You shouldn't cheat anyway. The fact that they're constantly updating the game and forcing you to play a bug-free game is great. Not bad.

What you guys are doing is basically like being forced to have sex with Adriana Lima and then sueing her...

Who is talking about cheating? I like to edit things like my kit colours every season, edit other players (current/potential ability) when there are unrealistic transfers being made. I never ever have edited something in my favor like players stats or budgets. But if I see in the Liverpool team some kind of 28 year old Egyptian striker playing Suarez out of the first eleven, yes, than I will downgrade his CA because I don't believe that reflects the real life football. And that is cheating? Well, sue me ;)

Small update is not only to fix bug but to fight piracy too.

The best is to have update off and steam offline, the bad side is sometimes the game crash beause the anti piracy software of sigames dont see the last version installed since you dont have auto update and steam is offline so it crash the game or worst corrupt your saved game...

Si should fix that it's annoying when the game crash and you have a legit copy due to the sytem anti piracy because steam is offline and you have auto update off.

Ruci plan is very nice so if fmrte can update each time it would be awesome that would fix the issues with steam offline mode and auto update turned off.

Si should really work that with Ruci.

I find FMRTE an integral part of the way I play lower league games, scouring the world for talent when my own scouts are only allowed to go as far as the local Tesco to look for new players.

Keep up the good work Ruci, your efforts are much appreciated.

No you're not: OFFLINE MODE, wait for FMRTE new version then back to online mode, auto update via Steam then back to offline mode. Simple.

When I try to play FM in offline mode, I get a message that says I can't play this game in offline mode. Its maybe because I don't have a disc version, but I bought a digital purchase (only a code wich gives me the opportunity to activate the game through Steam.

When I try to play FM in offline mode, I get a message that says I can't play this game in offline mode. Its maybe because I don't have a disc version, but I bought a digital purchase (only a code wich gives me the opportunity to activate the game through Steam.

I bought it from steam and I can play it just fine in offline mode

Gotta feel sorry for rucci, he's only just finished the coding for it to work with 12.0.3 an a few days later there's a 12.0.4 patch released & that patch does bugger all for the majority of users :(

I'm glad i don't do programing, i'd be swearing constantly at si

Small update is not only to fix bug but to fight piracy too.

The best is to have update off and steam offline, the bad side is sometimes the game crash beause the anti piracy software of sigames dont see the last version installed since you dont have auto update and steam is offline so it crash the game or worst corrupt your saved game...

Si should fix that it's annoying when the game crash and you have a legit copy due to the sytem anti piracy because steam is offline and you have auto update off.

Ruci plan is very nice so if fmrte can update each time it would be awesome that would fix the issues with steam offline mode and auto update turned off.

Si should really work that with Ruci.

keeping steam off would be ok IF that is the only game you play.

i play other games on MP which requires me to be online.

what needs to be fixed is stupid steam always changing your settings!

• Administrators

Can I just warn you, if your game crashes because of FMRTE (which a few seem to be doing at the moment) there is nothing we can do to fix them. I'm afraid this is part of the risk of using an 'unofficial' editor with the game. If you do have a technical issue or crash, please mention if you have used FMRTE when you bring it up. Thanks.

Can I just warn you, if your game crashes because of FMRTE (which a few seem to be doing at the moment) there is nothing we can do to fix them. I'm afraid this is part of the risk of using an 'unofficial' editor with the game. If you do have a technical issue or crash, please mention if you have used FMRTE when you bring it up. Thanks.

True, thus we need SI to give us their own FMRTE.

Being associated with FMRTE can't be as bad as being associated with Steam which - even though I set it to not do so - has just given me the new update for FM12, rendering FMRTE useless for me. FM's association with bloody Steam is a cancer. A good part of the fun of FM is derived from the fact that its customisable thanks to the hard work of people like the developers of FMRTE, and Steam just undoes all of this in a flash, because someone from SI has given Steam the right to dictate how people play their games. People should have a choice - either to run FM through Steam or not. I know which one I'd pick.

Always appreciate the work you put into FMRTE' date=' Ruci.

Is there any way you could ask SI what the secret is that means that when the game is patched their own FM editor still works ok?[/quote']

because their editor deals with data, that will only change with data patches.

savegame editors deal with how the game handles the game data within the memory

Always appreciate the work you put into FMRTE' date=' Ruci.

Is there any way you could ask SI what the secret is that means that when the game is patched their own FM editor still works ok?[/quote']

Their editor doesn't rely on anything other than the database to work.

FMRTE uses a huge number of files to enable it to work and when patches are released, some of these files are changed and so FMRTE no longer works.

I'm loving that ever-so slightly terse response from SI regarding FMRTE. 3 years on and FMRTE has NEVER caused data issues or crashes with my FM games. 2 weeks in and the awful Steam has crashed my game twice and now updated it when I didn't want it to (and I'd set it up so it didn't update automatically).

What I'd really like to know is when SI are going to stop using Steam. I've had enough uninvited updates and adverts for games. SI really are going to have to bring out a Steam workaround exe file as I'm fast losing interest and faith in FM and I'm sure I'm not alone. If anyone from Steam is reading this, could kindly shove your adverts up your backside and be off with you while you're doing it. (that's the polite version).

I'm loving that ever-so slightly terse response from SI regarding FMRTE. 3 years on and FMRTE has NEVER caused data issues or crashes with my FM games. 2 weeks in and the awful Steam has crashed my game twice and now updated it when I didn't want it to (and I'd set it up so it didn't update automatically).

What I'd really like to know is when SI are going to stop using Steam. I've had enough uninvited updates and adverts for games. SI really are going to have to bring out a Steam workaround exe file as I'm fast losing interest and faith in FM and I'm sure I'm not alone. If anyone from Steam is reading this, could kindly shove your adverts up your backside and be off with you while you're doing it. (that's the polite version).

Word. As Marseilles said above, forcing us to activate via Steam (which is what the box said) is just about tolerable. But we were never told about the constant interference. I do like your irony; FMRTE has crashed previous saves of mine, but I only lost a few hours' play. Steam is wasting untold hours of many players' time and is really taking the pi55.

Has anyone experienced or know of any comflicts with FMRTE and anti-virus software? I had a conflict a few years ago with Kaspersky. I am about to get a new anti-virus, either Kaspersky or ESET. I'd greatly appreciate any insight from users of either Anit-Virus.

Thanks

Has anyone experienced or know of any comflicts with FMRTE and anti-virus software? I had a conflict a few years ago with Kaspersky. I am about to get a new anti-virus, either Kaspersky or ESET. I'd greatly appreciate any insight from users of either Anit-Virus.

Thanks

I've used both ESET and FMRTE for over a year and has never had any problems with either program.

Archived