The Official FMRTE 2012 Thread

Jinner Jamie

How can it help with international management? I've only used it with clubs, so any success stories with FMRTE in international management would be welcomed by me please.

Its more the search tool in FMRTE. Allows you to find second nationalities very easy. Shows you up and coming kids to keep an eye on. Squad selection becomes easier just more tidy than the "national pool".

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you now have to pay to use this as it seems you are unable to use any features. Seems like FMRTE is now money motivated and unless you donating don't download as it is useless.

EDIT: Also I am sure that SI have rules about charging for Third party items, So to have to pay to use it seems an infringement of this rule.

Thanks for the replies re: international management, will try it out next time I manage an international team.

Thanks for the update as well, might donate anyway been meaning to for a few months now but not had any spare money til just now.

So you now have to pay to use this as it seems you are unable to use any features. Seems like FMRTE is now money motivated and unless you donating don't download as it is useless.

EDIT: Also I am sure that SI have rules about charging for Third party items, So to have to pay to use it seems an infringement of this rule.

Yes got to agree with you. I wonder how long before an email wings its way to Sega :D

I am sure this thread/post will also be removed/locked due to the change too.

I don't mind paying a Euro for it personally but perhaps there are other ways to make sure the project is supported financially and the time spent by the developer is rewarded without risking potential litigation from Sega. I believe the main FMRTE website already has advertising which probably brings in some revenue plus plenty of people already donating to the project voluntarily.

It's certainly no longer a 'donation' though if it's necessary to pay to use the software and if posts/links regarding FMRTE are removed, thus limiting any ability to 'advertise' what is now a commercial venture, it's user base numbers will drop dramatically over time as there will be no new customers.

Risky move really and probably the wrong one - legally dubious to offer commercial services for a proprietary product and the risk of being cut off from future customers could cause the same end result it was trying to avoid - the end of the FMRTE project.

I do not see the problem with paying, but this payment should be valid for all updates. I would expect to pay for each new yearly version, as this is like DLC offered by many games nowadays.

What I do have an issue with is that when you do make a payment that you should receive your licence key instantly. I paid over an hour ago and have heard nothing. Or maybe it is me just being inpatient?

UPDATE - I sent a donation in pounds which was not recognised. I made a new donation in € and I received my licence key!

see imho this is a really bad idea, now whilst i dont begrudge Ruci the money, FMRTE will not make it past this version as so many people will refuse to pay for something thats always been free

i hope he stops calling it a "donation" though as it really isnt one of them anymore, its being forced apon us so its just now a FEE..... oh and get something else other than paypal to "donate" with, i HATE paypal with a passion and refuse to use it.... i cant play the game the way i want to anymore which makes me a very sad panda :(

ruci as saw what Eugene (creator of Genie Scout) has done and wants a piece of the pie. It's the World we live in unfortunately. Just gotta suck it up, such is life.

the difference is that Genie Scout doesnt take away features if you dont pay for it, it just adds adverts..... FMRTE you can now no longer SAVE anything you have done unless you pay for it.....

To my knowledge Eugene only asks for a donation to gain access to other options that were never available in the past versions. If ruci wanted to make more money he should have kept fmrte free as it is and do the "donation" thing for additional options he was going to provide in the future. I don't think it's smart making people having to donate to use features that were available before. I don't think SI will like this either. So my advice is, go back to fmrte how it was and just lock the new features you add in the future.

the difference is that Genie Scout doesnt take away features if you dont pay for it, it just adds adverts..... FMRTE you can now no longer SAVE anything you have done unless you pay for it.....

There are some features that you can't use on the free version of Genie Scout, compared to the *G* version.

There are some features that you can't use on the free version of Genie Scout, compared to the *G* version.

and they are?

cos ...

Welcome to the official FM Genie Scout homepage.

I'm very grateful and appreciate all donations, because without support this project will die. I hope that people will understand my decision to use adverts on the public version.

Genie Scout comes in two versions. Public version has 2 banners, when the limited version doesn't have any ads. I will provide the download link for the free of adverts version to people after the donation of any amount <<< taken from the genie scout website....

and they are?

cos ...

Welcome to the official FM Genie Scout homepage.

I'm very grateful and appreciate all donations, because without support this project will die. I hope that people will understand my decision to use adverts on the public version.

Genie Scout comes in two versions. Public version has 2 banners, when the limited version doesn't have any ads. I will provide the download link for the free of adverts version to people after the donation of any amount <<< taken from the genie scout website....

I should know, as I have the *G* version. And the most handy feature of them all - cheat players, isn't available on the free version of Genie Scout.

fair enough..... but still, basically FMRTE just became a scouting tool and nothing else for pretty much everyone......

I agree, the free version of FMRTE is basically just a trial version. But as the old saying goes; nothing is free in life. It won't be too long before Mr Hough starts charging a fee for his tactics.

fair enough..... but still, basically FMRTE just became a scouting tool and nothing else for pretty much everyone......

Not sure about that cuz I donated long time ago. I am just waiting for license code now.

Though I wouldn't call it "donation" anymore.

@ Anyone who has got the licence, how long does it take to receive your licence Activation key e-mail?

I don't have a problem with a small fee for this tool but the waiting for a response gets my goat.

I am also waiting. It's been 15 minutes, I think. Might as well an issue with their new system. Shoot an e-mail to them.

Archived