Sports Interactive Community
Jamesbostock84

Which Foreign Club should I play as?

Hello!

As i'm not all to upto date with european football (don't have sky) who do people think would be a good game on fm 12?

I have thought about Roma and trying to get them winning Serie A and the Champs league since their takeover, Malaga in spain, maybe you know of a team who's gone on a bit of a decline in the last 12-24 months (No jokes about liverpool please :p ) River plate? Monaco?

What do you reckon guys?

James

Perhaps Valencia? In the last two years they have lost David Villa, David Silva and most recent Juan Manuel Mata - despite this, they still have a good squad and have made a steady start to this season. I always enjoy playing as second tier Spanish clubs as well because the challenge of breaking the domination of the top two is a lot harder than it is in other leagues.

IK Sirius in the Swedish 3rd division :D My local team, thats what I will be doing and trying to bring world domination to the Swedish league.

I always like playing in France for some reason. Any one of the teams in the top division could win the league, and the league can also grow alot before it becomes europeans best.

Galatasaray should provide a moderate challenge, they have quality players, a rich guy behind the scenes and some quality players to work with already, Melo, Muslera etc. Making them into European Champions will be much harder of course ;).

I say shelbourne in division 1 in Ireland! They'll want promotion in their first season so would be a good challenge.

Litex Lovech from Bulgaria are a good challenge. They're in the Champions League Qualifiers, so the challenge is not just to win the league, but also to get them as far as possible in the Champions League.

Hello!

As i'm not all to upto date with european football (don't have sky) who do people think would be a good game on fm 12?

I have thought about Roma and trying to get them winning Serie A and the Champs league since their takeover, Malaga in spain, maybe you know of a team who's gone on a bit of a decline in the last 12-24 months (No jokes about liverpool please :p ) River plate? Monaco?

What do you reckon guys?

James

How about St Etienne?

Lille:

You've got Eden Hazard, Joe Cole, Michael Landreau, Victor Enyeama and Moussa Sow.

They won the league last year but lost key players in Gervinho and Cabaye. Also in the CL

Try Udinese. They just sold three of their best players, Alexis, Zapata and Inler.

Portugal: Boavista - Team who faced 2-3 straight relegations, can you take them back to the top? (Former Liga Sagres Champions)

Spain: Manacor - Lowest Rep playable team in Spain, could be a tough one to try and get players to.

Try Belgium national team, they've got a real golden generation now and it's possible to fight for all the trophies.

PSG, Malaga or Roma if you want to have some good money to play with, remember expectations will be high very quickly though.

if u want a young squad at a club that is already doing well then look no further than Dortmond. The German league in my opinion is also the closest in terms of quality between the top and bottom clubs in the league. With many teams averaging gates of over 40,000, many having good youth setups and prize money being really good, its a great place to build up a good team.

finally if you want a club where you can bring through youth with good facilities then look at clubs like Ajax and Stade Rennais amongst others.

CFR Cluj, in Romania, did some great transfers and their squad should look great. No Europe games but that will allow you to get the title in first season.

After that, fight to win EL.

Thanks for all your idea's so far guys, lots of good idea's now, boavista sound like a really good challenge... i had no idea about their relegations, keep em coming if you've got anymore! :)

James

I'm going to go with Malmo as my second save. I had a save as them for a couple of weeks before I stopped playing FM11, and it was a pretty good save. This year will be an even better save as them, as they're in the Champions League in FM12.