FM2012 Training And Match Prep Masterclass

Hi Mantralux,

Two quick questions:

1) When your team reaches "willing to die for each other" status, is there any point in continuing with special focus on "teamwork"?

2) Setting special focus to "none" means that you are getting no bonus at all for the next match, or that the bonus will be divided between attacking, defending, set pieces, etc?

thanks!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi mantralux, thanks for the guide it's really helpful.

What are your thoughts on setting different schedules depending on the player's age? Would a more physical training regime be more suitable for older players thus preventing physical attributes (more likely to deteriorate with age) to decrease so quickly?

Thanks!

Great guide Mantraux, I am usually the player that doesn't touch training but your guide has given me the push to develop my own schedules.

I do a question:

You say "it takes longer to increase an attribute from 19->20 than from 10->11" so this gives me the impression that training is far more important for young players that have low stats that can grow than the older players (24+) in the first team. So, do the Senior Squad players really need specific training or can the out the box training schedules do?

Also worth keeping in mind is that the higher the overall workload, the bigger risk of injury and player unhappiness. This doesn’t mean you can’t push up the individual sliders to max setting (in fact, I recommend you do, to increase the training score) – it just means that you have to keep an eye on the bottom slider, the overall workload. Try to keep the overall workload one notch below heavy and you minimise the chance of injuries/unhappiness.

Just to confirm that I understood correctly: The amount of fitness training has no impact on the chance of injuries, the only thing that counts is the overall workload, right? So, high or intesive strength or aerobic training would be fine as long as the overall workload slider is below heavy? I ask this because I always keep the fitness workload one notch below heavy, as I am afraid of injuries, while I actually would like to set it higher on certain schedules.

Is it possible to go further and say that for any player with plenty of potential to improve it must be possible to get the left-hand bar high...if it's not high you've got the training wrong?

Not 'wrong' necessarily, but you're not giving him enough training to improve as much as he could if the overall bar is low.

One further point. You say that "the bars indicate how well a category is trained, based on player happiness, fitness, hidden attributes, current attribute levels, training facilities, etc"...but I don't really understand what happiness and hidden attributes have to do with the training bars?

The bars are essentially visual representations of the training score - the higher the score, the higher the bars. And the training score is calculated by all the above mentioned factors.

1) When your team reaches "willing to die for each other" status, is there any point in continuing with special focus on "teamwork"?

No, but as soon as you add players to the team, the Teamwork is re-calculated, just like the familiarity bars in the match prep workload.

2) Setting special focus to "none" means that you are getting no bonus at all for the next match, or that the bonus will be divided between attacking, defending, set pieces, etc?

It means no bonus is given at all. Try to always select a focus.

What are your thoughts on setting different schedules depending on the player's age? Would a more physical training regime be more suitable for older players thus preventing physical attributes (more likely to deteriorate with age) to decrease so quickly?

Yes, that's definitely a good approach, like the furious schedules approach here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279751-Training-The-Furious-Way

You say "it takes longer to increase an attribute from 19->20 than from 10->11" so this gives me the impression that training is far more important for young players that have low stats that can grow than the older players (24+) in the first team. So, do the Senior Squad players really need specific training or can the out the box training schedules do?

Out of the box training schedules are plenty for those who aren't interested in training at all. Your players will improve in these schedules, but the biggest advantage with custom schedules is that you can actually control which attributes are improved in greater detail.

Just to confirm that I understood correctly: The amount of fitness training has no impact on the chance of injuries, the only thing that counts is the overall workload, right? So, high or intesive strength or aerobic training would be fine as long as the overall workload slider is below heavy? I ask this because I always keep the fitness workload one notch below heavy, as I am afraid of injuries, while I actually would like to set it higher on certain schedules.

It should, but I do think that higher workload in Strength or Aerobics will trigger more of the 'injured while lifting weights' type injuries that pop up from time to time, so take that into account.

Think about it clearly, logically and realistically. Most training injuries will come from over-exertion in the gym. A player is far less likely to pick up an injury exercising his mind in tactics training than training strength. So, if either of the two fitness bars are into heavy a player has a high chance of injury, whereas you can max out the tactics bar with little risk.

Not 'wrong' necessarily, but you're not giving him enough training to improve as much as he could if the overall bar is low.

hmmm...but I will be giving them as much overall workload as I think is wise for their stamina (and injury record)...I didn't explain myself very well I don't think or maybe I'm just not following you...it's the accuracy of my training schedule for each individual player that I'm worrying about

imagine we have a young central defender with high potential and very high stamina...I will give him a very high overall workload, that's a given...but I'm a bit dim and I max out his shooting training...if his shooting attribute is low presumably it will improve quite easily so the shooting bar will be high...but this should also hinder him in becoming the best central defender he could become...so my question is do you think that the overall bar will be lower because I've chosen a stupid schedule?...in other words if everything else affecting the training rating is high (you have good coaches, training facilities etc) shouldn't it be possible to get the overall bar high for every high potential youngster?...and then it follows that if the overall bar isn't high then your schedule is imperfect and can be improved?...(which would be very valuable information :lol: )

(sorry to press you on this when you've answered already)

The bars are essentially visual representations of the training score - the higher the score, the higher the bars. And the training score is calculated by all the above mentioned factors.

gotcha thanks

do you think that the overall bar will be lower because I've chosen a stupid schedule?...in other words if everything else affecting the training rating is high (you have good coaches, training facilities etc) shouldn't it be possible to get the overall bar high for every high potential youngster?...and then it follows that if the overall bar isn't high then your schedule is imperfect and can be improved?...(which would be very valuable information :lol: )

Well there are several things going on here. If you train a central defender in Shooting, he will obviously get a high bar in that category, as there is a very good chance of improvement in those areas. Lower attribute values are 'cheaper', so he will gain attribute points in Finishing and Long Shots fairly quick if he started out with very low values in those attributes.

For example, I just put Laurent Koscielny on a test schedule that has Shooting maxed out, but all other sliders at 0 (no training at all). His Finishing attribute had a fairly high value of 9, and his Long Shot attribute had a value of 7.

After three days, his Shooting bar had gone up almost a whole step on the chart. After ten days it had increased further, while all the other bars had decreased. 40 days later, his Shooting bar was up to the third line, but his overall bar had decreased to below the first line (it started out slightly above the second line).

So the overall bar is showing you the chance of improvement in all categories combined, not the general chance of improvement.

"So the overall bar is showing you the chance of improvement in all categories combined, not the general chance of improvement"...I'm still struggling to accept that this is definitely correct...after all "his overall bar had decreased to below the first line"...which is my point...you're purposely training him badly so the overall bar drops...you train him well and it rises...that's the result we'd expect if my theory holds true.

Of course I'm asking because I'm uncertain and I think I'm at the very outer limits of my comprehension here. I'm going to try to get a high overall bar for all my high potential youngsters but this will likely take me weeks.

thanks again :)

Hi Mantralux,

I was skimming through threads in GD forum and I have noticed something that might be of interest regarding match preparation. Basically, Riz is saying this

The best tactical coach at the club is responsible for leading the match preparation training. You can still set it up if you don't have coaches at the club, but a better tactical coach naturally means the team becomes familiar with new tactics faster.

I have to admit I had never though about coach influencing tactics learning rate in the match prep. module! Have you noticed something in that regards?

Heh, I just came here to post the same thing. He tucked this gem away in a short, obscure thread, so I thought it needed highlighting where it will be appreciated.

So long as one coach/assman has good Tactics, you get the benefit. Be very clear, this is Tactics as a coaching attribute, NOT Tactical Knowledge which is what the assman needs to give OI advice.

So long as one coach/assman has good Tactics, you get the benefit. Be very clear, this is Tactics as a coaching attribute, NOT Tactical Knowledge which is what the assman needs to give OI advice.

Yeah, Tactics category is definitely a focal point, given it raises Decisions, Anticipation, Composure, and Concentration. Put more emphasis on Aerobic training, too, purely for Pace and Acceleration and you're on the right track imo.

Heh, I just came here to post the same thing. He tucked this gem away in a short, obscure thread, so I thought it needed highlighting where it will be appreciated.

I am not sure which one of the tactics attribute it is. I have just checked it in my Bilbao save and the coach in charge of match preparation is the one with the higher tactics training attribute among my coaching staff...but he is also the one with the highest tactical knowledge. Someone else need to confirm this.

On a side note, did you guys notice in the training screen that there is a seperate workload slider for individual training?

pV9o1.png

It is called individual training intensity, and it allows you to reduce or increase the amount of workload for the individual focus by 5%, this 5% is taken from the general schedule workload and not match preparation.

What's the minimum workload for a certain category if we just want to maintain the level of certain attributes?

I don't think anyone knows...these things depend on the age of your player and also their position because, for example, tackling is harder to train for a defender than an attacker and it's harder to get from tackling 15-16 than it is to get from 5-6...so the whole thing is complex to say the least although simple trial and error is pretty easy...just keep an eye on the graph and you can spot problems early

Will certain attributes drop if you completely ignore their respective category over a longer period of time?

yes (sometimes this might be a good thing ;) )

What's the minimum workload for a certain category if we just want to maintain the level of certain attributes?

Will certain attributes drop if you completely ignore their respective category over a longer period of time?

1. Very generally, first click of medium.

2. Absolutely.

First, I'd like to say thanks for this great article. This year for the first time I'm doing all my schedules myself, instead of just downloading one. This helped a lot and so far, things look good.

I do have one question though. You said that for overall workload it's best to keep it a tick under heavy. I assume that's for the senior squad, but what about youths?

Any ideas on what difference would be best when making youth schedules? Is it okay to maybe put them on heavier schedule, should they be put on slightly higher physical training than normal? I think I remember reading something like that a couple years ago.

1. Very generally, first click of medium.

2. Absolutely.

Hm, according to OP...

In order to have a realistic chance of one or more attributes to increase, a minimum level of medium is recommended for the slider connected to the category in which the attributes are tied to.

Even though a player could still increase an attribute at the lowest possible slider setting (notch 1), the training score at that setting is so low that the chance of an attribute increase is almost non-existant.

I interpreted that as:

1. if you want to have a chance of increasing attributes, keep it at minimum level of medium

2. if you want to prevent atts in certain category from dropping, keep it on light.

I interpreted that as:

1. if you want to have a chance of increasing attributes, keep it at minimum level of medium

2. if you want to prevent atts in certain category from dropping, keep it on light.

Easy enough to see for yourself. In my training schedules forwards have the defending schedule on about notch 2; they mostly have red arrows.

I do have one question though. You said that for overall workload it's best to keep it a tick under heavy. I assume that's for the senior squad, but what about youths?

As always, it depends on the player. The above is true as a generalisation. If a player has high DET, Workrate and Professionalism (hidden att) he will be willing to do a heavy schedule. If you put the fitness schedules too high you raise the risk of injuring him, but the other schedules are less of a risk. A player low in those attributes will complain bitterly even with an upper medium schedule.

Youths - you can say the same proportionately. Most people will focus more on the physical/fitness side since they level out the earliest (around age 24 they tend not to increase). Again, if you go overboard on fitness schedules you can give the youth a long-term injury which would ruin his development. I think Mantralux here also focus on tactics training for youths, which is unusual but i like that approach and use it myself - it's safe and my tactics depend on intelligent play.

Hi Mantralux, Great article, I learned a lot from it.

One question though. You say:

As soon as the fitness information (Player Profile – Attributes) says a player is either match fit or in superb condition, he does not need pre-season training anymore

Does this mean a player comming from an injury benefits from recovering match fitness under a pre-season tactic?

Does this mean a player comming from an injury benefits from recovering match fitness under a pre-season tactic?

Personally I wouldn't do that. Just coming back from injury his fitness will not be 100% and a fitness-intense schedule might injure him again. Then again, I'm not Arsene Wenger.

Nb. Mantralux supports Arsenal ;)

Brilliant write-up! Knew most of the stuff there as I always pay a lot of attention to this area and actually create customized individual schedules for every single player in my senior squad based on their particular needs but I still managed to learn a few cool things here.

Thank you for the brilliance and for the great professional presentation of it on your website. That's where I read it.

My only question is in regards to how you said in answer to someone else earlier above that selecting 'None' for "Special Focus" in Match preparation gives you NO bonus rather than being the 'General' option which basically gives you equal proportion of all those other options like 'Setpieces, attacking movement, etc.'. If that's the case, WHY would anyone select 'None'? Why would SI even put that in there as an option considering you're worse off selecting it at no extra cost or consequence.

I am not sure which one of the tactics attribute it is. I have just checked it in my Bilbao save and the coach in charge of match preparation is the one with the higher tactics training attribute among my coaching staff...but he is also the one with the highest tactical knowledge. Someone else need to confirm this.

On a side note, did you guys notice in the training screen that there is a seperate workload slider for individual training?

pV9o1.png

It is called individual training intensity, and it allows you to reduce or increase the amount of workload for the individual focus by 5%, this 5% is taken from the general schedule workload and not match preparation.

Interesting graphic for Munian there. He is being trained thoroughly - keeping aswell:p

Notice how all his schedule sliders are equal. The areas most likely to improve being aerobic and shooting and the least defending. Would you not then decrease his defending training and increase the other too for an even higher chance of improvement?

My only question is in regards to how you said in answer to someone else earlier above that selecting 'None' for "Special Focus" in Match preparation gives you NO bonus rather than being the 'General' option which basically gives you equal proportion of all those other options like 'Setpieces, attacking movement, etc.'. If that's the case, WHY would anyone select 'None'? Why would SI even put that in there as an option considering you're worse off selecting it at no extra cost or consequence.

Look at the screenshot in the post above. Bottom left: workload.

See Match Prep 40% - if it were 0%, the Scheduled Training would be on 100%.

Match prep takes resources away from long-term training. What I do is put the match prep slider up to max at the beginning of the game, set on teamwork until my squad know their 3 formations perfectly. Then I put it on zero unless there is a specific game requiring attacking movement or one of the other 3. Now will fuller attention to training, I expect my players to make decent progress in their attributes.

Interesting graphic for Munian there. He is being trained thoroughly - keeping aswell:p

Notice how all his schedule sliders are equal. The areas most likely to improve being aerobic and shooting and the least defending. Would you not then decrease his defending training and increase the other too for an even higher chance of improvement?

Yes, all my 1st team players have their own schedule but I did not mean to fool anyone with this screenshot, I have put the schedule you are seeing (all sliders are equal) just 2 or 3 days (in game) before the screenshot in order to test the levels graphic's reaction; he was in the default forward schedule previously :). Otherwise, your thinking was very correct regarding chance of improvement. Then, it's up to you to decide if you want to train him even higher where he is "doing" good or the opposite to make him more complete I guess.

Look at the screenshot in the post above. Bottom left: workload.

See Match Prep 40% - if it were 0%, the Scheduled Training would be on 100%.

Match prep takes resources away from long-term training. What I do is put the match prep slider up to max at the beginning of the game, set on teamwork until my squad know their 3 formations perfectly. Then I put it on zero unless there is a specific game requiring attacking movement or one of the other 3. Now will fuller attention to training, I expect my players to make decent progress in their attributes.

You've misunderstood my last post or maybe I didn't explain my question well.

I know about what you said. That's how it was in last FM too. Match preparation takes away from training hours/%.

What I was saying was not about workload of match preparation but about the SPECIAL FOCUS area where you can select one of the 5 options of (Teamwork, Setpiece Attack, Setpiece defend, attacking movement or defensive positioning) or finally the 6th option of 'None'.

Mantralux in his reply to a previous poster said that if you select 'None', you get No bonus for upcoming match as you would had you selected another one of those areas or teamwork at least which helps your players gel. And my question was that since this doesn't reduce the workload of match preparation or there are no other 'consequences' for it, WHY would ANYONE choose 'None'? And therefore why would that even be an option and SI include it? This part doesn't sound right/logical and maybe there's something small to it we're overlooking. There must be some benefit to selecting 'None'.

Hi Mantralux,

I was skimming through threads in GD forum and I have noticed something that might be of interest regarding match preparation. Basically, Riz is saying this

I have to admit I had never though about coach influencing tactics learning rate in the match prep. module! Have you noticed something in that regards?

That's a really good find, I'll update the article with that info. :thup:

Any ideas on what difference would be best when making youth schedules? Is it okay to maybe put them on heavier schedule, should they be put on slightly higher physical training than normal? I think I remember reading something like that a couple years ago.

I keep youth one notch below heavy as well, but keep in mind that their category workload sliders "cost" more to increase, and you won't be able to train them in the same individual workloads as the senior players without increasing the overall workload slider.

In terms of what type of training for youths, I haven't fully explored it yet, but the general consensus seem to be to focus on STrength and Aerobic, as youth players are usually weak in those departments.

I interpreted that as:

This is just in general terms though - you have to still keep in mind that the workload sliders are linear, and that there really is no 'maintain' setting as previously speculated. I find that keeping the slider at light, most players maintain their attributes, but it's purely individual. A player with very low professionalism might need more, a player with high professionalism might need less.

Yes. Or as FM2012 has labelled such a schedule - Conditioning. The default Conditioning schedule works absolutely fine in pre-season or when returning from injury, even though I prefer a custom schedule that has a little more Aerobics and the Tactics slider on full blast (100%).

If that's the case, WHY would anyone select 'None'? Why would SI even put that in there as an option considering you're worse off selecting it at no extra cost or consequence.[/b]

Because having a special focus selected takes away from match preparation, making your players learn the tactics slower. The fastest way to learn a new tactic is to:

1. Not have a special focus selected

2. Have a coach with 20 in Tactics coaching (as pointed out by that quote from Riz)

3. Have the match prep slider at max

4. Only train one tactic at a time

Mantralux in his reply to a previous poster said that if you select 'None', you get No bonus for upcoming match as you would had you selected another one of those areas or teamwork at least which helps your players gel. And my question was that since this doesn't reduce the workload of match preparation or there are no other 'consequences' for it, WHY would ANYONE choose 'None'? And therefore why would that even be an option and SI include it? This part doesn't sound right/logical and maybe there's something small to it we're overlooking. There must be some benefit to selecting 'None'.

To reinforce what Mantralux says above, None = no bonus for match prep, but the bonus is faster progress in regular training.

Remember the pay-off is this: Match prep gives a short-term, one match boost to certain attributes. The cost is slower development of those attributes in the long-term.

Therefore, to ensure long-term optimal development of attributes, it is better to forego the temporary boost via match prep.

Think about it in real terms: as a manager you go to the training ground and tell your strikers this week to forget shooting practice; everyone is spending the whole session practising lining up walls to improve defending set pieces.

This is just in general terms though - you have to still keep in mind that the workload sliders are linear, and that there really is no 'maintain' setting as previously speculated. I find that keeping the slider at light, most players maintain their attributes, but it's purely individual. A player with very low professionalism might need more, a player with high professionalism might need less.

I think the amount of improvement available to a player and the player's rate of development can affect this too.

Something interesting i noticed yesterday, i made a schedule for a winger with shooting training really low and later on he complained feeling that he should work more on his shooting, it looks like a new feature.

Yeah, logical feedback from coaches and players has been greatly improved in FM2012.

Hi guys I have made a excel spreadsheet in which I list the different player roles and in which training areas they have the most important attributes, which makes it easier for me to determine where I should put my focus especially for young players that can still trained into a certain player type that I want them to be.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]GK Roles [/TD]

[TD]Str[/TD]

[TD]Aerb[/TD]

[TD]Gkss[/TD]

[TD]Gkhd[/TD]

[TD]Tact[/TD]

[TD]Ball [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SK[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Defensive Roles [/TD]

[TD]Str[/TD]

[TD]Aerb[/TD]

[TD]Tact[/TD]

[TD]Ball[/TD]

[TD]Def[/TD]

[TD]Att[/TD]

[TD]Sho[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CD - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CD - Stopper[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CD - Cover[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FB - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FB - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FB - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WB - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WB - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WB - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SW - Defend[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lib - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lib - Attack[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BPD - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BPD - Stopper[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BPD - Cover[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LD - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LD - Stopper[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LD - Cover[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Midfield Roles [/TD]

[TD]Str[/TD]

[TD]Aerb[/TD]

[TD]Tact[/TD]

[TD]Ball[/TD]

[TD]Def[/TD]

[TD]Att[/TD]

[TD]Sho[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DM - Defend[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DM - Support[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CM - Defend[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CM - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CM - Attack[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WM - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WM - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WM - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Winger - Support[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Winger - Attack[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IF - Support[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IF - Attack[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AM - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AM - Attack[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DLP - Defend[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DLP - Support[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BWM - Defend[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BWM - Support[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Box to Box[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AP - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AP - Attack[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DW - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DW - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Anchor Man[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Attacking Roles [/TD]

[TD]Str[/TD]

[TD]Aerb[/TD]

[TD]Tact[/TD]

[TD]Ball[/TD]

[TD]Def[/TD]

[TD]Att[/TD]

[TD]Sho[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DLF - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DLF - Attack[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Advanced Forward[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TM - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TM - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poacher[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CF - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CF - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DF - Support[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DF - Attack[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Trequartista[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I hope that makes it easier for some people to determine where to set their trainings focus for some players.

Btw. if someone know of an easy way to implement excel or word tables into this forum without losing my format, colors and borders let me know, then I could put up a cleaner version of this spreadsheet.

Hi guys I have made a excel spreadsheet in which I list the different player roles and in which training areas they have the most important attributes, which makes it easier for me to determine where I should put my focus especially for young players that can still trained into a certain player type that I want them to be.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]GK Roles [/TD]

[TD]Str[/TD]

[TD]Aerb[/TD]

[TD]Gkss[/TD]

[TD]Gkhd[/TD]

[TD]Tact[/TD]

[TD]Ball [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SK[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Defensive Roles [/TD]

[TD]Str[/TD]

[TD]Aerb[/TD]

[TD]Tact[/TD]

[TD]Ball[/TD]

[TD]Def[/TD]

[TD]Att[/TD]

[TD]Sho[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CD - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CD - Stopper[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CD - Cover[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FB - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FB - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FB - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WB - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WB - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WB - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SW - Defend[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lib - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lib - Attack[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BPD - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BPD - Stopper[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BPD - Cover[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LD - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LD - Stopper[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LD - Cover[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Midfield Roles [/TD]

[TD]Str[/TD]

[TD]Aerb[/TD]

[TD]Tact[/TD]

[TD]Ball[/TD]

[TD]Def[/TD]

[TD]Att[/TD]

[TD]Sho[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DM - Defend[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DM - Support[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CM - Defend[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CM - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CM - Attack[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WM - Defend[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WM - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WM - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Winger - Support[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Winger - Attack[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IF - Support[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IF - Attack[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AM - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AM - Attack[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DLP - Defend[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DLP - Support[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BWM - Defend[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BWM - Support[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Box to Box[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AP - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AP - Attack[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DW - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DW - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Anchor Man[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Attacking Roles [/TD]

[TD]Str[/TD]

[TD]Aerb[/TD]

[TD]Tact[/TD]

[TD]Ball[/TD]

[TD]Def[/TD]

[TD]Att[/TD]

[TD]Sho[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DLF - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DLF - Attack[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Advanced Forward[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TM - Support[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TM - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poacher[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CF - Support[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CF - Attack[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DF - Support[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DF - Attack[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Trequartista[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I hope that makes it easier for some people to determine where to set their trainings focus for some players.

Btw. if someone know of an easy way to implement excel or word tables into this forum without losing my format, colors and borders let me know, then I could put up a cleaner version of this spreadsheet.

That is great work.

I wonder, for the training areas where players need only one attribute for their role (for example: heading from BALL CONTROL for CD-defend, or acceleration from AEROBIC for FBs), would it be better to keep the workload for that area on the first notch of medium and instead apply individual training focus for said attribute (from my example: set individual training focus of heading for CDs, or for FBs set individual training focus for quickness). The spared workload could go towards other areas where the player needs to work on more attributes.

Also, based on your table, how much workload would you recommend to increase more of the necessary attributes per role? Obviously some attributes from the same category will increase more than others, which begs the question what determines that?

I have a young CD who trains Tactics on very high workload - his focus areas are as follows: STR=15 clicks, AER=12 clicks, TAC=23 clicks, BC=10 clicks, DEF=18 clicks, ATT=8 clicks, SHO= none. He has improved his Anticipation (+1) and his Concentration (+1), but his Decisions haven't improved yet. His Tackling has gone up (he has individual focus for that), his Pace and Strength have gone up too. I wonder why his Decisions haven't. He has gotten some decent amount of playing time, even starting some games and I have a 5-star coach training Tactics (in fact my coach has 20 for tactical coaching). The player is happy with his schedule and I receive reports that he is improving as a footballer. The player's AVR is 7.33 (my regular starting CDs average 7.45 and 7.38, btw), so he has played very well and his moral is Superb. His Composure and Teamwork haven't improved also.

I just wonder what determines which attributes from the same category/area improve and which don't or which improve more/quicker and which less/slower? Is there anything else besides age,moral and personality that may play a role in that? Perhaps individual and/or team tactical instructions?

The first important thing to know is that all related attributes in a training category have an equal chance of increasing.

If I understand the implications of this sentence right it's totally random which of the attributes in the trained department will increase. The only chance you got to influence this is through training focus but unfortunately decisions can't be focused on.

I usually use the data above as an indicator for my base training, setting my preferences according to this. I have another excel table in which I have my players attributes noted and highlighted the areas which are most important for his role so I can directly see where he has his biggest weak points. I then adjust to base training according to it through a mix of what is beneficial for his role and where he has his weakest points.

After that I have to monitor his training and see if it has the desired effect I was going for or if other areas are trained too strong and therefore need to be lowered to get the focus where I want it. I usually take a look once per month through all my schedules and see if they are working as intended and adjust them. For young players I even do it once per weak to be sure I don't waste any developing time.

I'm in the process of making my excel spreadsheet a bit more accessible and user friendly and may release it on these boards here if others are interested in a thing like that.

I've also noticed on the lower leagues that the assistant will report that the training progress stalled due to needing a new challenge, meaning that the player won't develop much until i get promoted to a higher level and playing against stronger opposition i think.

I've also noticed on the lower leagues that the assistant will report that the training progress stalled due to needing a new challenge, meaning that the player won't develop much until i get promoted to a higher level and playing against stronger opposition i think.

I just noticed that comment on all my players (coaches say this too). Is that what it means? Bummer. Can anyone confirm this?

Archived