FM12 Everton Thread - Getting out of a sticky situation

cemendur88

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out goes Heitinga in January for £4.5m now and £7m over 12months from Napoli, we need some cash as we're already -£8m in the bank :(

In comes Bruno Ecuele Manga from FC Lorient (France) who we were linked to in real life. Has the potential to be better than Distin, so my future will be Dier and Manga :thup:

Needed a centre midfielder, so in comes Kevin Pannewitz from Rostock to help out for £1.1m

Andrea Bertolacci from Roma is arriving in the summer and should complete the midfield of Rodwell, Fellaini and Pannewitz :cool:

Trying to keep wages below £700,000 per week but it's quite difficult!

I finished 6th first season but missed out on european football, sold Mucha and Heitinga, signed Mpehela, Wilfreid, Hinkel, Dier(permanent) and Dragutinovic. End of season I sold Yobo, Distin, Hibbert, Anichebe, Mphela(for 600% profit) and released Saha. Brought in Vertonghen, Kyle Walker, Karim Ait Fana(free) and Lorenzo Cristeig(free). Finished 6th again 2nd season but got EURO football this time. This close season I sold Ait Fana(7m to Chelsea) and Joao Silva for 1.5m. Signed Jak Alnwick, Mattia Destro, Anthony Mounier, Emre Can and Abdallah Yaisien(all free) a Brazilian regen striker who is potentially a 4 star player(from a jud. potential 20 scout) for 2.6m and Dusan Tadic for 7.5m. Champions League is my goal this season!

Finished 3rd in the 1st season, mostly keeping cleansheets.

Lost against all the bigger teams, but picked up points home and away against everyone else :thup:

Out: Mucha, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Silva, McFadden and Yobo have been sold, Saha out on a free, reducing our wage bill to £572,000 per week :cool:

In: Leonardo Bittencourt, Tolga Cigerci, Luuk de Jong, Andrea Bertolacci, Toby Alderweireld, Bruno Ecuele Manga, Kevin Pannewitz, Laurentiu Branescu and some Aussie regens :cool:

Balance is depleted now, but Champions League football will sort that out :thup:

Hi Guys,

I've managed to sign Adam Davies for my Chippenham squad as I go for all the youth the Mighty Toffees release! But I need to know how good can he get? Does anyone know?

I've just started season 3 and he was my first choice for all last season, League 1 clubs are trying to get him off me. I'm hoping that I can keep him even when I get to the Prem!

Hi Guys,

I've managed to sign Adam Davies for my Chippenham squad as I go for all the youth the Mighty Toffees release! But I need to know how good can he get? Does anyone know?

I've just started season 3 and he was my first choice for all last season, League 1 clubs are trying to get him off me. I'm hoping that I can keep him even when I get to the Prem!

I've released him but my scouts say he's a decent League Two player and could become a good League One player.

His potential ability is not fixed. so it will vary in every game.

CA 65 and PA -9

Baring in mind i've seen him play only twice ;)

The new update is: https://www.yousendit.com/download/T2djek9nTXZRWUlzeHNUQw

Merging 2 files caused Greens favoured club to be duplicated as well as his transfer clauses. New update fixes that.

Hi Swisso, I loaded up the database and it reckons there are over 9000 database changes, is that right? what is on this file? Sorry couldn't find an explanation anywhere?

Hi Swisso, I loaded up the database and it reckons there are over 9000 database changes, is that right? what is on this file? Sorry couldn't find an explanation anywhere?

- Added in some key Under 16 players that are too young to be included in the game

- Edited some of the Under 18 players, their positions, CA and PA

- Edited Vellios and Barkley slightly

- Edited Coleman slightly

- Added James McFadden and Duncan Ferguson to Everton

and some other smaller changes, no major changes, just things that didn't make it into the game and things i missed during research.

Hi fellow Evertonians and others.

Finished my first season 7th, started out amazing and found myself occupying the 2nd position for a long time. Then the lack of depth caught up to me as I got a lot of players injured such as Fellaini out for 6 months. These were my signings the first season:

Players in:

Niko Kranjcar (Loan)

Wilfried £1.9M

Carlos Diogo (Free)

Players out:

Ross Barkley (Loan)

Hope Hallam £875k

Jan Mucha £2.8M

Ahead of the second season my ideas were to bring in a bunch of new players, not minding that it might disrupt the balance of the team. I really needed some depth into my squad. My goal was to bring in cheap players and players for free who I might sell later on in order to increase my funds.

My signings ahead of the second season are:

Emre Can £925k

Jake Livermore £2.4M

Florent Malouda £1.6M (The board and fans were delighted)

Diego Biseswar (Free)

Arne Friedrich (Free)

Tony Trindade de Vilhena (Free) (Looks like an amazing youngster)

Park Chu-Young £3.3M (Short on Strikers, board delighted) (Arsenal)

Jussi Jääskäleinen (Free) (Howard injured)

Royston Drenthe (Free) (Might be a fund-raiser)

Goran Pandev (Loan £950k) (Need AMR and ST, covers most Attacking pos)

Lucas Andersen £2.6M

Leandro Gioda (Free)

Players out:

Jose Baxter (Loan £110k)

Joseph Yobo (£1.9M)

John Heitinga (£8M) (Board took over...)

Tony Hibbert (Loan £375k)

I've got a big squad atm, probably too big. Looking to sell some in the next window and I might also put some youngsters in the U18-squad.

Also I got the job as the u23-Great Britain team at the Olympics, don't know why I applied really, but it will be quite fun.

Will update later on as the season develops.

/Swedish toffee

The club was taken over after the second season by a Everton supporters group, who seem to have just as little money as Kenwright.

They offered me a budget of 4m for contintal qualification (minimum) and 7m to win the league (maximum, obviously..). Not great really seeing as in the second season I finished 2nd to City only on goal difference, got to the CL semi, FA Cup Semi, and The League Cup Final...

Wage budget is over 1m and we have 5 players on 90k!

5 players on £90k?! :D

My entire wage total at the moment is £587k now, you're nearly there with just 5 players :D

4 clubs are running away with the League, including me, so it looks like i'll get CL money next year again. Once i've got a healthy balance i'll ask for a new stadium and try and grow the club.

5 players on £90k?! :D

My entire wage total at the moment is £587k now, you're nearly there with just 5 players :D

4 clubs are running away with the League, including me, so it looks like i'll get CL money next year again. Once i've got a healthy balance i'll ask for a new stadium and try and grow the club.

Haha, it was an accident! Got stung with the highest paid player clause. Brought in Eden Hazard at the start of the 3rd season on 75k, bumping up Baines, Leandro Damiao, Lucas Moura and Fernando Gago who were on 55k with highest earner clauses. Then Lucas Moura got his yearly wage rise taking him up to 90k and everyone else with him.. oh dear.

Sold Wilfried, Paloschi and Verratti for a combined total of around 40m however, so that should keep us going. They only cost me 3.9m between them.

I’ve made a lot of money from player sales so it’s not too worrying but I won’t be offering that clause out so lightly in the future!

I've had no luck expanding the stadium or building a new one as of yet!

Finished 3rd season in 6th again, annoyingly!Signed a regen who is potentially 4.5 stars for 1m, Gael Kakuta for 3.6m, (this is where it gets good) Xedran Shaqiri, Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Carlos Tevez all on frees(Tevez only on 66k) as well as Marc Muniesa and Kieron Westwood on frees as backup. Sold Gueye, Howard, Bily and Hinkel!

Got an AMR Brazilian newgen coming in from Cruzeiro called Tales :D

5* rating, which means he'll be bloody good!

Got an American newgen DC in and sent him to Crewe straight away where he's averaging 8.07 in League Two :cool:

Will probably use the editor to increase Chris Longs PA to around 160, really think he's got a future at Everton after watching him closely in the Under 18s.

He does look quite good from what i've seen of him, scored 8 goals so far, has a knack of being in the right spot at the right time and he's a good finisher.

Now i've seen all of the Under 18s first hand, they'll be better represented in the next data update :)

Got a bit fedup with the Striker really struggling in my 4-2-3-1 so modelled a new 4-4-1-1 with Barkley as the AMC Trequarista and Seydou Doumbia as the ST

Moved Baines and Coleman up to ML and MR Support and brought in 2 newgens for the DL and DR slots

We got taken over by a local businessman called Jeff Bonser, who restructured the debt to a new loan of £84m over 25 years (£400k per month) and invested £0 :D

After a laptop meltdown, literally, i lost an aston villa save which went well and decided to dive into an everton save with the experience behind me. The signings i made first season were influenced by the last go, but obviously everton have much bigger money troubles. I have used a 4-2-3-1 in fm since 2008, and everton are built for this in my opinion.

Transfers out:

Yobo - about 2m i think, just wanted rid of his wages when he came back

Anichebe - 3m

Bilyaletdinov - 5m (got second in signing of the season, but there are cheaper options)

Duffy and the rest on loan to places.

Transfers in:

Diogo - free (solid RB, would cover for coleman after his recovery)

Tshabalala - 350k (was outstanding for villa, less so here, so injury prone its mind blowing)

L. Andersen - 1.1m (danish lad, retrained as an a AP at right wing, was work in progress this season)

J. Svensson - 900k (another scandinavian, mainly to offer cover in case barkley really struggles)

Wilfried 2.5m over 48 months (goalscorer, but inconsistent. like tshabalala failed to hit the heights i know he can)

Diouf - free (awesome signing until serious injury. inside forward on the right, rotated to give andersen game time. probs best signing for me)

Played a counter 4-2-3-1, swtching to 442 in times of need. Started like a house on fire, drenthe was awesome, saha convinced me not to sell him with his early season form, however looked disturbingly frail at the back. Was 3rd at christmas, but injuries started to take their toll and a risky decision came back to haunt me. Seeing gueye was fit again, tshabalala was fit as well, and drenthe was on 50 odd grand, i cancelled the loan. Come january the balance is deep in the red, tshabalala is out for 6 months, diouf for 3 months, and gueye is not cutting it. To make it worse i got weekly reports of how he was showing 'remarkable improvements' while on the pitch he was abysmal. Morale plummeted and from then on every game was a fight. Rarely won more than 1-0, but i kept plugging away and a 6-1 win at home to villa on the second last game secured 5th. All things considered a strong season.

Notable results:

Everton 3 - 0 Liverpool (first game!!! annoyed i didnt make it onto favoured personnel for tht alone)

Everton 4 - 1 Arsenal (diouf scores twice, fans go wild, they had injuries but even so it was a battering)

West Brom 4 - 1 Everton (first defeat, i had a full team out, just got crushed)

Everton 2 - 2 Swansea (doesnt sound like a nightmare but i had 65% possession, 18 shots. sinclair ran through my defence twice, scored twice. their only shots)

GK Howard 6.98 disappointing, too many daft mistakes for my liking, but not a position i can afford to invest in

RB Coleman/Diogo/Neville ratings wise neville was best, but for me it was a toss up, no one excelled

CB Jagielka 7.15

CB Heitinga 7.08 neither were ever injured, both solid. cant ask for more

LB Baines 7.24 highest paid player now, good season

CM ball winner Rodwell (fellaini when barkley played) rodwell had 1 sending off, fellaini two. both good in the position

CM advanced playmaker Fellaini/Barkley/Svensson fellaini ok here, barkley ok, svensson ok. bit of a transition seaon really, just easing barkley in

RW Diouf/Andersen diouf outstanding until injured, andersen improved in later part.

LW Tshabalala/Gueye neither impressed, needed strengthening

AMC Cahill as trequartista 7.14 15 goals. exceptional but ageing fast

ST Wilfried/Saha saha started like house on fire but finished with 11 goals. wilfried started slow, but got 16 overall and signing of the season(not sure about that)

Currently played my pre season, and have made some changes, and lowered wages

Transfers out:

Saha, Hahnemann, distin, diouf and hibbert all left

Transfers in:

C. Dawson 2.5m good, young, english CB with stats in the right places

S. Sinclair 3m couldnt resist asfter performances against me, main target, chuffed to get him. record in preseason : P3 S5 A4. all against champo teams but still..

grenier, paloschi, crisetig, petrucci and okaka on frees. grenier groomed to replace cahill, paloschi and okaka as competition up front, crisetig and petrucci more for selling on i reckon.

Considering the strength of teams around me, i reckon another Europa league spot will do, and wait for that brutal 600k p/m loan to run out. Bit of a struggle playing as everton (at least for an amateur who refuses to use a downloaded tactic) but enjoyable. long may it continue.

Now that was a long post....

4-4-2 wasn't working :(

Went to a 4-5-1 with a DMC and AML, AMR

Defensively solid now and have the quality to see off bigger teams 1-0 and 2-0 :thup:

Barely surviving on the money front, having to sell a few players to raise cash to keep the club going and this is in January 2013 :D

Seydou Doumbia has been brilliant as a Complete Forward - Support, as has Carlos Fierro who is his backup. Most of my team is newgens now with some older stars, keeping the wagebill low (£650k a week)

Howard, Cahill, Baines, Jagielka, Rodwell, Barkley, Fellaini and Coleman are regular starters still though!

Thought I may as well weigh in with my 2 cents.

Currently in March of the first season, new signings being Wilfried for 2 something million, Tshabalala for buttons and Diarra on a free. Got rid of Bily because I fcuking hate him in real life and couldn't get past it.

Playing a kind of lopsided 4-51. Lopsided because I think this game STILL doesn't give you anywhere near enough lateral movement when it comes to wide players (seriously, sort it SI, it's been crap ever since you jibbed the arrows.)

Currently 5th in the league, Wilfried doing great, Cahill, Rodwell and Fellaini weighing in with a fair few goals from midfield (hear that Moyes? It's amazing what can happen if you let midfielders get forward). Barkley coming along nicely too as so he should. Just nabbed some young Roma striker whose contract is up soon. Borini I think, looks a great prospect.

In summary quite enjoying it, just trying to avoid ever looking at my bank balance!

I'm going to start a game with Everton tonight. Looks like I am going to have to do a lot of wheeling and dealing. Anyone had a takeover while managing Everton?

I've set the Fan and Board confidence low so that Kenwright leaves in the 1st or 2nd season, 3rd season at most. No Director will take over (Earl, Carter etc) so an outside Chairman will come in.

I've ran a few games now and it's mostly local businessmen that take over.

Thought I may as well weigh in with my 2 cents.

Currently in March of the first season, new signings being Wilfried for 2 something million, Tshabalala for buttons and Diarra on a free. Got rid of Bily because I fcuking hate him in real life and couldn't get past it.

Playing a kind of lopsided 4-51. Lopsided because I think this game STILL doesn't give you anywhere near enough lateral movement when it comes to wide players (seriously, sort it SI, it's been crap ever since you jibbed the arrows.)

Currently 5th in the league, Wilfried doing great, Cahill, Rodwell and Fellaini weighing in with a fair few goals from midfield (hear that Moyes? It's amazing what can happen if you let midfielders get forward). Barkley coming along nicely too as so he should. Just nabbed some young Roma striker whose contract is up soon. Borini I think, looks a great prospect.

In summary quite enjoying it, just trying to avoid ever looking at my bank balance!

Me like this...

so this is my starting Xl

GoalkeepersTIM HOWARD/MARCUS HAHNEMANN/sub/3rd choice:JAN MURCHA

full backs LEIGHTON BAINES-Royston Drenthe -TONY HIBBERT- PHIL NEVILLE

[b[ Center Backs[/b] PHIL JAGIELKA-JOHN HEITINGA- SYLVAIN DISTIN- ERIC DIER

MIDFIELDER dm MAROUANE FELLAINI-ROSS BARKLEY

MIDFIELDER B2B JACK RODWELL-LEON OSMAN

MIDFIELDER APLTIM CAHILL- DINIYAR BILYALETDINOV

MIDFIELDER wing DINIYAR BILYALETDINOV-ROYSON DRENTHE either side VICTOR ANCHIEBE

forwards LOUIS SAHA- DENIS STRACQUALURSI - Jelle Vossen

my transfers are like this

got F. jeffers back in vossen hinkeil trying to off load Yobo 4 his 50 k wage off my bill

Well after another budget season i finished, fourth, outstanding finish to the season secured it. Won the FA Cup 1-0 against norwich, and got knocked out EURO at semi final by feyenoord. Brilliant season by all accounts. also this is my first attempt to incorporate pics so bear with me

League table (look at the goal difference lol)

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z348/jammartin1/?action=view&current=players13.png#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1185.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz348%2Fjammartin1%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dleague2013.png

The player i loved this season was the one player i really wanted to sign. Scott Sinclair was out of this world at times, fantastic budget signing and within a few weeks had made his england debut, which he credited to me. Legend. Paloschi weighed in with some very important goals, and Barkley matured into a bit of a superstar at times. His passing is getting better and he's pretty much eased fellaini and rodwell into the defensive roles now.

Ratings

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z348/jammartin1/?action=view&current=players13.png#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1185.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz348%2Fjammartin1%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dplayers13.png

With the promise of champions league football, and the rumour of a takeover rom a businessman seeking to wipe the debt, i spent a bit more money than usual.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z348/jammartin1/?action=view&current=players13.png#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1185.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz348%2Fjammartin1%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dtransfers13.png

Clark i know as a good player from my previous villa save and relatively cheap fee and wages. Stegen is a top draw GK and i cannot put up with more howard howlers, dunno if it's just me but he has had some diabolical games at really bad times. Kyle Walker was a bit steep at 8.5m, a lot steep in fact, but coleman hasnt really progressed that well and i thought why not? Heitinga wanted to leave, so 10.25m for a player in last year of contract isnt too bad. Got 2 young newgens worth looking at, a striker from my academy with crap technique but bags of pace, and a 15 year old right back from france who looks like a future star.

Drew metalist in CL qualifier (looking at the other teams, with me not seeded, got very lucky) beat them 5-2 at home, lost 4-2 away. Bit too close for comfort but il take it. Currently 3rd in table, and wilfried and paloschi are competing like mad, both on fire. stegen has been solid (howard was in goal for 2nd leg lol) but walker started badly and hasnt got much better. Bit worried at 8.5m, but hopefully the takeover will go good and no signs of the new guy wanting me out.

Would you mind uploading a screen shot of Ross Barkley' attributes/profile at this stage in your game? Thanks.

Well after another budget season i finished, fourth, outstanding finish to the season secured it. Won the FA Cup 1-0 against norwich, and got knocked out EURO at semi final by feyenoord. Brilliant season by all accounts. also this is my first attempt to incorporate pics so bear with me

League table (look at the goal difference lol)

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z348/jammartin1/?action=view&current=players13.png#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1185.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz348%2Fjammartin1%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dleague2013.png

The player i loved this season was the one player i really wanted to sign. Scott Sinclair was out of this world at times, fantastic budget signing and within a few weeks had made his england debut, which he credited to me. Legend. Paloschi weighed in with some very important goals, and Barkley matured into a bit of a superstar at times. His passing is getting better and he's pretty much eased fellaini and rodwell into the defensive roles now.

Ratings

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z348/jammartin1/?action=view&current=players13.png#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1185.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz348%2Fjammartin1%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dplayers13.png

With the promise of champions league football, and the rumour of a takeover rom a businessman seeking to wipe the debt, i spent a bit more money than usual.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z348/jammartin1/?action=view&current=players13.png#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1185.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz348%2Fjammartin1%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dtransfers13.png

Clark i know as a good player from my previous villa save and relatively cheap fee and wages. Stegen is a top draw GK and i cannot put up with more howard howlers, dunno if it's just me but he has had some diabolical games at really bad times. Kyle Walker was a bit steep at 8.5m, a lot steep in fact, but coleman hasnt really progressed that well and i thought why not? Heitinga wanted to leave, so 10.25m for a player in last year of contract isnt too bad. Got 2 young newgens worth looking at, a striker from my academy with crap technique but bags of pace, and a 15 year old right back from france who looks like a future star.

Drew metalist in CL qualifier (looking at the other teams, with me not seeded, got very lucky) beat them 5-2 at home, lost 4-2 away. Bit too close for comfort but il take it. Currently 3rd in table, and wilfried and paloschi are competing like mad, both on fire. stegen has been solid (howard was in goal for 2nd leg lol) but walker started badly and hasnt got much better. Bit worried at 8.5m, but hopefully the takeover will go good and no signs of the new guy wanting me out.

had a look at the update swisso... its a great idea...

i would however suggest some of the under 15's are a little overpowered.. but i guess its an update for toffee's fans and would be perfect for those wanting to manage them.. im still going to use it as its great, but will tone down some of the stats ..

thanks again.

For Superdan83 here's Barkley after two seasons of regular games

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z348/jammartin1/?action=view&current=barkley.png

with a custom schedule and individual focus on passing. Pretty good as AP with attack at CM, intelligence is getting better on the match engine as he is starting pick better passes. Plenty of room left for improvement, and already a definite starter

I dont fit all three into the same team. Play a 4-2-3-1 with one CM as a ballwinner and one as an advanced playmaker. First season it would be rodwell as ball winner, fellaini as the other. Barkley in for fellaini at AP in easier games with fellaini or rodwell as ballwinner when that happened. By the second season barkley was more or less a regular at AP, with fellaini and rodwell rotating. Preferred rodwell tbh, home grown and fellaini's wages dont really match performances wherever he plays. Fellaini's contract runs out in 2015 so at the minute debating to cash in at january 2014. Rodwell and barkley never get injured, so see that being my CM partnership for the next few years at least. I always end up with a ridiculously young side in every FM save i play anyway and try and slowly make it all GB using the best british regens so Fellaini will be on his way before he's 30 anyway

had a look at the update swisso... its a great idea...

i would however suggest some of the under 15's are a little overpowered.. but i guess its an update for toffee's fans and would be perfect for those wanting to manage them.. im still going to use it as its great, but will tone down some of the stats ..

thanks again.

I didn't do the stats, they're random :)

Green and Jones have CAs comparable to some of the Under 18s

ahh in the editor there are a few stats filled in ... like determination and dribbling etc...

but yeah. i can see the ca's arent as out of bounds as i made out after looking at them again... ive just changed them from 65 to around 55 or so... just to even it out to my own tastes...

pretty much perfect for me now tbh...

thanks again fella..

Hi Swisso, proberbly a stupid question but where do I put the update once its downloaded?

Thanks

If you're on Windows..

My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2012 > Editor Data

Then start a new game and make sure the editor file is enabled when the option comes up.

If you're on Windows..

My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2012 > Editor Data

Then start a new game and make sure the editor file is enabled when the option comes up.

Thanks for that Swisso but when I go into that football manager 2012, there isnt a folder called Editor Data, do I need to make one? I have got a folder called db and crash dumps, could it be one of these instead?

Archived