FM 2012 release... HOUR ?

It was answered. You are allowed to buy the game whenever you see fit. You won't be playing it before midnight regardless of where you are or how you purchase it.

Lets just hope that Steam can handle it all, cause a lot of upset if it doesnt, and fans of the games dont deserve that. Some say it will go Pete Tong, others no problem, lets keep our fingers crossed hey.

so now your saying i cant buy it whenever i want because you wont offically let them sell it until the release date but you sre letting stream sell it. may i suggest you stop stream from selling it if you dont want shops to break yor offical release date or in furture stop selling sega games due to the double standards

so now your saying i cant buy it whenever i want because you wont offically sell ituntil the release date but you sre letting stream sell it. may i suggestyo sto stream from selling it if yu dont want shops to break yor offical release date

What part of this don't you understand?

Steam CAN NOT release the game before midnight tonight, the same time applies to all retailers.

Those who have downloaded from Steam have PART OF the game, just as those who have a disc do.

so now your saying i cant buy it whenever i want because you wont offically sell ituntil the release date but you sre letting stream sell it. may i suggestyo sto stream from selling it if yu dont want shops to break yor offical release date

Steam haven't sold it. People have pre-purchased it from Steam, just like many others have from online retailers. Some people have been lucky because the retailers have broken the release date when they shouldn't. No one who has brought it off Steam is playing it and the only they can do is pre-load it, which is a percentage of the game. When the game is officially released at 00:01am Friday Morning later, then the rest of the percentage will download and those people can play the game.

Those who have been fortunate to receive the game early, which they shouldn't have, can pre-load the game too. They can't play the game either until 00:01am later. In theory no online retailers or shops should be selling the game. But due to some wanting to get more sales or for whatever reason, they have decided to break the release date which they shouldn't have :thup:.

So all these people who have the game now, are lucky to have it and in theory shouldn't have it.

Will it definitely be shortly after midnight, or might it be a case that someone flicks the switch to 'on' somewhere in the world, and then it takes 30 minutes for that to propagate fully around all of Steam's servers? Bit like the demo release, if memory serves?

Will it definitely be shortly after midnight, or might it be a case that someone flicks the switch to 'on' somewhere in the world, and then it takes 30 minutes for that to propagate fully around all of Steam's servers? Bit like the demo release, if memory serves?

That will be the most likely case... May take time for it to come through to everyone, after the swtiched is flicked.

so tell me what the difference is between preload by the way i bet they've taken the money which is a sale and not be able to play until 00.01 tonight and me buying it from a shop today snd not be sble to play at 00.01 tonight. all im saying is if sega want to try and stop retailers from selling early they should not do so themselves they cant moan at shops that do when doing it themselves, if they want to have an official acttvation date i dont have a problem with that but let the shops sell it when they get it so everyone can get to activate at the same time

Well this entire forum will be poised at the stroke of midnight, so if it is seconds late, there's be hell to pay!

Paid extra ? by getting it on Steam I am actually paying alot less than I have been in the past

Im paying 23.99 for digital download from the same site as SI are using to sell it at 29.99 lol Some sites are selling it as low as £20 but I didnt trust those.

so tell me what the difference is between preload by the way i bet they've taken the money which is a sale and not be able to play until 00.01 tonight and me buying it from a shop today snd not be sble to play at 00.01 tonight. all im saying is if sega want to try and stop retailers from selling early they should not do so themselves they cant moan at shops that do when doing it themselves, if they want to have an official acttvation date i dont have a problem with that but let the shops sell it when they get it so everyone can get to activate at the same time

It's your choice to buy it in a shop and lose the time it takes to get home and install it, you could have bought by Steam or pre ordered online if cash was the isssue.

Now this is the last time this gets explained to you, any more and you're going to get a temporary holiday from the forums.

Of course I've paid for the game and so has anyone who has pre-ordered it from an online retailer. No one's playing the game and SI have stuck to their release and activation date of the 21st. The problem you have is some retailers haven't stuck too that release date which is the thing that is causing the problem because now people have the game when they shouldn't. If you choose to go and try and find a shop that is selling the game then that's your plan but I doubt you'll find many stores selling it early because they're not allowed too. The only reason online retailers have distributed the game is because of how long the game can take to go through the postage system. Most online retailers try to guarantee you have the game by or on release day. They don't have too but they try too. Some have obviously sent it slightly too early but that's life. I'm sure Sega will probably have a word with them ready for next year as well.

We received our copy already in Belgium .

Yeah, some people in the UK have but it's virtually useless at the moment until Steam unlock everything.

Was active just after 10 the night before on Steam last year

Wouldn't be too surprised if the same happened again to lighten the load on the servers

Last year Steam unlocked at 6pm England time as someone on the forums was playing at 10 past 6. Although I think for most people it was at about 10/11pm England time.

Yeah, some people in the UK have but it's virtually useless at the moment until Steam unlock everything.

Last year Steam unlocked at 6pm England time as someone on the forums was playing at 10 past 6. Although I think for most people it was at about 10/11pm England time.

10 men, we only had 10 men :D

Sorry couldnt resist! My email says I will get an activation key at 01.00 british time :S but I will be snoring at that time anyway.

in the old days i played CM on a PC without internet connection . If you buy and install FM without ointernet connection, you are not able to play it .. ?

Yeah, you need to have a Steam account and an internet connection this year to activate and install FM. It installs on to your Steam account and you only need the internet once to activate the game. Afterwards you can turn Steam to offline mode and play it that way and when and if there are patches, you can just turn it back to online so it downloads the new patch.

SI believe it's a way to combat piracy.

in the old days i played CM on a PC without internet connection . If you buy and install FM without ointernet connection, you are not able to play it .. ?

These are the new days my friend and you will need an internet connection to activate the game, but then you can play in offline mode buddy:thup:

Yeah, you need to have a Steam account and an internet connection this year to activate and install FM. It installs on to your Steam account and you only need the internet once to activate the game. Afterwards you can turn Steam to offline mode and play it that way and when and if there are patches, you can just turn it back to online so it downloads the new patch.

SI believe it's a way to combat piracy.

I understand the strategy but it is a disgrease they force people to use internet and steam.. anyway i'm buying the game since 92/93 or something ike that.. and i'm sure i'm not the only one..

These are the new days my friend and you will need an internet connection to activate the game, but then you can play in offline mode buddy:thup:

i'm sure in most countries, they majority of people have internet.. but not in every country.. Like you said.. new days ..new laws , the modern world.. haha

thats my point forest how can sega complain about shops selling early when they are doing so themselves via stream, if i was major retailer i'd be selling as soon as i got stock and if sega came to me iwould point out they pre sold it first which is what i am doing, you cant have your cake and eat which is what sega are doing.

Kriss it isnt a problem off money, i have pre order via internet before only for the game to turn up 3 days after release. i dont like stream and have brought the box verison sinceway back when. i just want an even playing field which sega are stopping retail shops providing

thats my point forest how can sega complain about shops selling early when they are doing so themselves via stream, if i was major retailer i'd be selling as soon as i got stock and if sega came to me iwould point out they pre sold it first which is what i am doing, you cant have your cake and eat which is what sega are doing.

Kriss it isnt a problem off money, i have pre order via internet before only for the game to turn up 3 days after release. i dont like stream and have brought the box verison sinceway back when. i just want an even playing field which sega are stopping retail shops providing

Steam are pre-ordering in the same way as retail.

No-one, on any platform, will be playing the game before the release date.

You are arguing about a difference between buying a digital product and a physical one. They are not the same. This has been explained repeatedly and won't be explained again.

Closed.

Archived