OFFICIA GASON & LEGHINF English National League System Update - Taking FM12 to Level 12

For the relegation between L9 and L10 - wouldn't 2 places for each sub-division and the 6 teams that finish above the relegation places (20th in 5 divisions, 19th in the other) have a play-off determining the other 2 and then the winners for each L9 league get promoted? I've got this on mine and works perfectly.

For the promotion play-offs between L7 and L8 - Yeah the game runs well, but you want a champion and a play-off winner (as that's what happens in real life) from each sub-division getting promoted rather than bringing them all together at the end of the season.

I still don't get why you've put the play-offs in the same league. Surely if you want one team to get promoted from that division, you want the champions to go up rather than 2nd place in a play-off with first place?

In the leagues that have multiple feeders, I've put one promotion on each division which then adds up to the same relegated from the feeder. But if there's divisions like the Combined Counties League where there's two divisions, I've put two promotions/relegations on each.

(For the Hellenic League, I've put 4 getting relegated from L9 with 2 getting promoted each from Hellenic 1 East/1 West.)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naaaah

i'd like put the same relegations/promotions way for each league

as in real status more than two teams per league are never been promoted

often one only

this year i found in sussex only between L10 and L9 3 teams promoted but it is a rare case

we have often two teams involved for promotion/relegation system and sometimes runners up gets promotion, not winner

for this reason i insert in some leagues with two or more feeders inner playoff instead of only 1st position as good for promotion

I had a look in the editor (not that im any good with it) I have no idea how to give each round correct names to FA cup rounds. It can be done somehow though as ive seen it on Uncle Ron's file, im not fussed about the promotion/relegations, its the FA cup round names and having no FA Vase or County cups that are making me hesitant to start a game as i know all these are likely to be fixed for the next release

we have often two teams involved for promotion/relegation system and sometimes runners up gets promotion, not winner

for this reason i insert in some leagues with two or more feeders inner playoff instead of only 1st position as good for promotion

Yeah because the winner hasn't got the facilities to move up the leagues, not because of a play-off.

What are you going to do about the L7/L8 play-offs that I've mentioned?

Another thing, the Essex Olympian League's at L11, not L10. The Essex Senior League (L9) doesn't have any relegation and if you tried relegating teams from that league to a L11 league, you'll have problems.

Yeah because the winner hasn't got the facilities to move up the leagues, not because of a play-off.

What are you going to do about the L7/L8 play-offs that I've mentioned?

Another thing, the Essex Olympian League's at L11, not L10. The Essex Senior League (L9) doesn't have any relegation and if you tried relegating teams from that league to a L11 league, you'll have problems.

I know but i use normal editor not advanced so i must put in the game something that runs as in real

you have one team max two that can be promoted/relegated between steps

and you have for each league first and last two positions involved in promotion/relegation system

about L7/8 i set as you recommend,

;)

I use the normal editor too, you can easily set playoffs in each subdivision for promotions to levels 6 and 7. When my team was in the playoffs last year, we played the teams in our division, not someone else from another. 2 teams can't get promoted from a division with the play-offs. Change the end date of the season too, players are going to be tired at the end of a season and don't have much time off between the end of the season and the start of the next.

Do you agree if i move Essex Olympian Premier up to L10 for the final release?

In County of Essex i have a gap, now

A question, I am using a level 10 database but every time I use auto-generate players for teams, for some reason some teams get some ridiculously good players for the lower divisions.

I mean after 21 games in the season, 6 teams in the Spartan Midlands Division 1 (all the ones without logos for some reason) were running away with the league. Yes 6!

One team had already over 100 goals in those 21 matches, another had 80, another 70, and the rest over 60. Does anyone find that with this database and how to combat it?

A question, I am using a level 10 database but every time I use auto-generate players for teams, for some reason some teams get some ridiculously good players for the lower divisions.

I mean after 21 games in the season, 6 teams in the Spartan Midlands Division 1 (all the ones without logos for some reason) were running away with the league. Yes 6!

One team had already over 100 goals in those 21 matches, another had 80, another 70, and the rest over 60. Does anyone find that with this database and how to combat it?

It's probably down to the reputations of the clubs that are already on the database that haven't been changed.

When I've done my L10 database tests, I've never seen that many goals at that level. But then again, I set a default reputation on all L10 clubs so it's a level playing field.

It's probably down to the reputations of the clubs that are already on the database that haven't been changed.

When I've done my L10 database tests, I've never seen that many goals at that level. But then again, I set a default reputation on all L10 clubs so it's a level playing field.

The reputations suck for those teams.....I just found that it seems to be an issue with the Amateur teams, the semi-professional ones get ***** players

Sorry to hijack the thread a little gason ; )

Edit: and just checked all the reps are set to 1 for semi-prof and amateur teams so I don't know where the problem would be.....

u can write this team? and i want to find.... reputation is good but probably the problem is wny teams have semi pro and other have amateur... the team which have semi pro can offer a semi pro contract for palyer and better saliri with amateur team... but this is diffuclut to setting becouse the team relegation livel 9 to 10 leave semi pro not amateur

The reputations suck for those teams.....I just found that it seems to be an issue with the Amateur teams, the semi-professional ones get ***** playersSorry to hijack the thread a little gason ; )Edit: and just checked all the reps are set to 1 for semi-prof and amateur teams so I don't know where the problem would be.....
Might be down to the league's reputation, when I've loaded it in the editor, L10 does seem to have a low reputation. Amateur clubs will be able to get better players as they don't have any wages as they sign for a season. Semi-pro are on (low) wages. In theory, L9/L10 clubs should all be semi pro, and then when you're at L11/L12, clubs should be all amateur.

L11

SX3 Feeders

Because of the irregular nature of the pyramid in Sussex

The sussex county div 3 feeders are effectively at level 12 despite its official Step 7/level 11 status

because the top club in the each Premier Division is eligible for promotion to the Sussex County League Division Three

and not two

UPDATE

-Created L11

Anglian Combination Premier Division

Bedfordshire Football League Premier Division

Cambridgeshire Football Association County League Premier Division

Central Midlands League North Division

Central Midlands League South Division

Cheshire Football League Division One

Dorset Premier Football League

East Berkshire Football League Premier Division

Essex and Suffolk Border Football League Premier Division

Essex Olympian Football League Premier Division

Gloucestershire County League

Hampshire Premier Football League Senior Division

Hertfordshire Senior County League Premier Division

Kent County League Premier Division

Leicestershire Senior League Premier Division

Liverpool County Premier League Premier Division

Manchester Football League Premier Division

Middlesex County Football League Premier Division

Midland Football Combination Division One

North Berks Football League Division One

Northamptonshire Football Combination Premier Division

Northampton Town Football League Premier Division

Northern Football Alliance Premier Division

Oxfordshire Senior Football League Premier Division

Peterborough and District Football League Premier Division

Reading Football League Senior Division

Somerset County Football League Premier Division

South West Peninsula League Division One East

South West Peninsula League Division One West

Spartan South Midlands Football League Division Two

Staffordshire County Senior Football League Premier Division

Suffolk and Ipswich Football League Senior Division

Surrey Elite Intermediate League

Sussex County League Division 3

Wearside Football League

West Cheshire Amateur Football League Division One

West Lancashire Football League Premier Division

West Midlands (Regional) League Division One

West Riding County Amateur Football League Premier Division

West Yorkshire Football League Premier Division

Wiltshire Football League Premier Division

nice!

have you put in county cups to L11?

i have been trying to add kent cup and other local cups with no joy since you released the level 10!

not making my new file until i can keep winning the kent cup with my kids - whilst also winning the champs league :) a 4 - 6 month file but will be worth the wait

thanks for all your hard work

The next week we'll release evo-stik northern premier league feeders al level 11 with all relatives cups complete

so from the north you'll be able to start a career with all competitions

then we'll proceed with evo-stik southern league feeders at level 11 etc etc

however final release about L11, for Christmas

The next week we'll release evo-stik northern premier league feeders al level 11 with all relatives cups complete

so from the north you'll be able to start a career with all competitions

then we'll proceed with evo-stik southern league feeders at level 11 etc etc

however final release about L11, for Christmas

I've been having a think today about what to do about the Essex Olympian League Premier (L10) and promotion/relegation from the Essex Senior at L9.

Put it at L10 with promotion/relegation to and from the Essex Senior, with either 1 or 2 promotion/relegation places. There are no other feeders to either league.

It doesn't apply to your database as you're only going down to L12, but at L14 there's another Essex league which feeds into the bottom league of the Essex Olympian at L13, so is the logical solution to it.

Yeah, i'm agree

i cannot close pyramid in essex county so i'll essex olympian premier up to L10 to resolve this question

making 2 promotions/relegations spot among them

about essex and suffolk border league that is at L11, in practice it involves teams from north essex and already feeds to eastern counties D1, not EOP

Yeah, sounds fair. There's the Essex Olympian Division 1 which feeds into the Essex Olympian Prem. I know the Essex and Suffolk league feeds to the Eastern Counties 1, I was sorting my promotions/relegations between L10/L11 last night. What are you doing about the full FA cup btw?

Have had the same problem as djshorts, have started the game and it's full of superstar players at very low league level - pretty sure this is because the youth facilities of quite a few clubs are set to 10. This makes the game pretty much unplayable/ very unrealistic unfortunately. You've done a great job guys but going to wait on this one until this issue is sorted, hopefully it won't be too difficult to fix this one! Also does anyone know if it's just an issue with L11 and not L10 clubs?

Have had the same problem as djshorts, have started the game and it's full of superstar players at very low league level - pretty sure this is because the youth facilities of quite a few clubs are set to 10. This makes the game pretty much unplayable/ very unrealistic unfortunately. You've done a great job guys but going to wait on this one until this issue is sorted, hopefully it won't be too difficult to fix this one! Also does anyone know if it's just an issue with L11 and not L10 clubs?
As some of the L10 clubs are already on the game, they won't be affected by the youth facilities set as 10. But it's the teams that aren't on the game is the problem as they have a 10 for youth facilities as a default. This needs changing to 0 or 1.

Exactly its making the game really unrealistic. Great work on what you have done, but these errors do spoil the game.

i dont know what's depends on

i think probably its reputation

we must find a standard value for L9 teams

for example set each L9 teams at 150/200 except neo promoted or relegated from L8

about youth facilities and attendance statistics i dont set anything for L10 now

i'll put inside value upgraded on january or february 2012 before final release and before 12.3 patch so the game will be more realistic with current season statistics

so i guess the question now is reputation at L9 due to unplayable game because not realistic with this setting (default setting)

i dont know what's depends on

i think probably its reputation

we must find a standard value for L9 teams

for example set each L9 teams at 150/200 except neo promoted or relegated from L8

about youth facilities and attendance statistics i dont set anything for L10 now

i'll put inside value upgraded on january or february 2012 before final release and before 12.3 patch so the game will be more realistic with current season statistics

so i guess the question now is reputation at L9 due to unplayable game because not realistic with this setting (default setting)

The club's reputations should be only part of the problem. It's the youth coaching, youth facilities and youth recruitment that are set to 10 as a default is where the majority of the problem is.

If you change that to 1 (so they have basic) you'll have the problem hopefully solved because they've got poorer facilities, meaning a lower quality of players.

L9 should be fine because they're already on the game.

I'm loaded down to 10 only and haven't seen any issue with facilities, so it may be just the created level 11 clubs.

A couple of minor issues I've had with fixturing:

1) Just finished a season at level nine and the 38 game season didn't finish until early June - not sure if that is correct? That's just the regular season too as there are no playoffs.

2) Also, am in late November in my 3rd season and all EPL clubs have only played eight league fixtures. Champ clubs have all played 14 and L1 down have played 17/18.

Neither of them game-breaking as if it's the same for all teams it's okay, and the football league seasons seem to be finishing on time.

I'm loaded down to 10 only and haven't seen any issue with facilities, so it may be just the created level 11 clubs.A couple of minor issues I've had with fixturing:1) Just finished a season at level nine and the 38 game season didn't finish until early June - not sure if that is correct? That's just the regular season too as there are no playoffs.2) Also, am in late November in my 3rd season and all EPL clubs have only played eight league fixtures. Champ clubs have all played 14 and L1 down have played 17/18.Neither of them game-breaking as if it's the same for all teams it's okay, and the football league seasons seem to be finishing on time.
All the seasons end in June that's why rather than end of April for the championship downwards and 12th May for the prem. If you've got a longer season, you get longer gaps between matches. I don't know if the play-offs are in for the higher leagues.

No, but i dont know yet what to do with Bedfordshire league
There will be a few leagues that release fixtures on a monthly basis, that's the first league I came to when I was looking at L11. You're better off with random fixtures for the leagues as real fixtures only happen for the first season.

There will be a few leagues that release fixtures on a monthly basis, that's the first league I came to when I was looking at L11. You're better off with random fixtures for the leagues as real fixtures only happen for the first season.

Sussex County League have monthly fixtures too

North-West Counties Feeders

we know there are 6 leagues that feed to NWCL and we also know there are two promotions/relegations spots

so i guess for the next release Liverpool county premier and manchester league premier only will be enable with promotions to NWCL,

do you agree??

Archived