Steam Pre-load Active Now for FM12

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reading this thread Im tempted to cancel my cheaper Amazon order.

But I also wonder if theres an "age" issue here?

Im in my mid forties and though I have used Steam for games I still prefer a boxed copy. (and I still miss 12 inch LP covers!)

I'm in my fifties and can accept digital downloads. I cancelled my cheaper Amazon order upthread.

Im in my mid forties and though I have used Steam for games I still prefer a boxed copy. (and I still miss 12 inch LP covers!)

Hey kid, grow up:D

Am exactly the same. I have to go to the shop on Friday to buy the hard copy over a counter. :D Amazon is too advanced for me.

I have a problem, Stone Roses tickets go on sale at 9-30am on Friday. I have to download those babies. Was planning on being back from the shop by 9-30am, but it's the Roses. FM must wait.

Yeah, what I meant is if it downloads quickly enough Thursday night/Friday 12am, then I'll have two hours, then go to bed and then get up play all day Friday.

:-) Realised after I posted you probably meant that

On-topic

I may have Friday free now, currently on holiday, and have invested almost all today taking my 2,4 and 5 year old kids, via various trains and buses to one of those childrens activity halls with those scaffolding type climbing frames. Alone. Totally wore them and me out. Not that unusual but strategic, payback is the wife is going to do something with them on Friday.

uh oh...should I have not bought from the sega store? They sent me an email saying I would get another notification at midnight Friday with the key activation code. How will this work? Will I still need steam to run the game? I have steam, and actually don't mind using it, but am wondering what to expect.

Correction to several posts above: The pre-load is actually 100% of the game, but the files are all encrypted. For those with super-duper-fast Internet connections, the decryption step may take a bit longer than a 1% download, but it will still be much faster than downloading the whole thing from scratch.

The game is out on Thurssday, but Steam lets you pre-load most of the files so that when it does come out, you don't get bottlenecked with so many others trying to download at the same time.

Its out friday BTW so wont be able to play it until then,

Hoping that it will be available on steam from 00:01 friday morning so i can start playing it straight away!

Just checked my shop-to order - will be dispatched in 3 days. Presumably means getting it on Saturday, then installing and activating it - Sat lunchtime at the very earliest.

Those of you ordering through Steam will get a 36 hour head start, which is fair play giving you're paying so much more for it.

After all the reservations I had about Steam-only activation I now have 99% of FM12 sat on my laptop awaiting the witching hour in two days!. Actually, last year my local PC World didnt have the game on the shelves release day morning. They said, and I quote, "havent got time to open the latest delivery yet, try coming back later". F*** you, I went to Game down the road instead, they were more "Customer Orientated", "Sales Focussed"...."Professional", actually. However, that retailer's apathy combined with what seems so far to be good Steam service means that if Activation goes well Mr Retailer and his money-for-old-rope partners in crime will see no more of my cash. Maybe I am contributing to the death of High Street (or Retail Park!) game sales? - but they started it ;-) LOL.

NB. Those achievements that I derided as "kiddie" & "pointless" kind of look interesting now.

Archived