Hard-coded Amateur Clubs

Toronto Blizzard

Hi everyone,

I wanted to create some clubs that would always remain amateur (specifically under 18s), even if placed in a league with semi-pro or professional clubs.

I've created some with very low reputations that don't change status for a few years, even if they've been promoted, but the low reputations are not realistic for the kinds of clubs I'm trying to create.

For context, I want some of the big European clubs to have U-18 clubs in the lower tier of a fantasy American database I'm working on (e.g., Manchester United American Academy). These clubs would play against low-level professional/semi-pro clubs and be linked directly to the parent team (as an affiliated club). They would have high-quality facilities and youth academy but no players over the age of 18. Ideally, they would neither buy nor sell players, but I don't think that can be controlled.

From searching on these forums, it sounds like some of the clubs in the game are hard-coded to be amateur. I was going to try swapping these for the clubs that I wanted to remain amateurs, but I have no idea which clubs might fit this description.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you kindly.

Corinthians of England should be, but I don't think they are. I remember seeing them as semi professional in games I've played using Ron's level 7 & 8 database.

Belgium have a large number of amateur clubs in the database but I have no idea if these are clubs that will stay amateur forever or if they rise up the leagues they will turn (semi) professional.

Archived