FM12 FC Shakhtar Donetsk Thread - "The Brazilian Colony"

lfc7

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started my Shakhtar save, mainly going for Ukrainian players.

Ins

Igor Plastun - Obolon - £5.25m

Roman Bezus - Vorskla - £7.5m

Volodymyr Polyovyi - Arsenal Kyiv - £8.5m

Sime Vrsaljko - Dinamo - £4.5m

Grigoriy Baranets - Obolon - £1m

Mateo Kovacic - Dinamo - £2m (Joins next season)

Outs

Shevchuk - £775k

Agahowa - £1.3m

Marcelo Moreno - £6m

Hubschman - £7.5m

Virt - £60k

Rat - £3.3m

Kobin - £5m

Kucher - £5m

May look at one more signing, perhaps a big money player.

Suggy

Some nice transfers coming in, and good to see someone bringing Ukrainians into the club. I have been the other way around, and will probably struggle picking a good team come the start of my second season.

Good fee's for the players sold, though why have you let Rat got? Kobin, Kuscher, and Hubschman and can understand to an extent, though I have found their versatility useful.

Good luck with your save.

I prefer to bring in the Polyovyi at left back, just so I have a spare foreign space for one of the attacking players, same with Hubschman. Kuscher was average, and I got Plastun in, who is younger, and gains a better report.

With Srna at right back, that's a valuable foreign spot gone,so I may as well get foreign back up so then I always have that spot sorted, and with Vrsaljko, I'll be sorted for years, that's why I let Kobin go.

Baranets didn't look all that great, but I wanted some rotational players and got him in. So far, 3 apps, 3 goals, 2 assists from midfield.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 (centralised, 2 x CM, 3 x AMC). Strikers don't score much but the midfield are so attacking it doesn't matter.

Since that last update, I arranged to sign up a few more players.

Ricardo Kishna - Ajax - £1m (joins 4.1.2013)

Lazar Markovic - Partizan - £5m (joins 1.6.2012)

Srdjan Mijailovic - Red Star - £3m (joins 1.1.2012)

Nikola Ninkovic - Partizan - £4.2m (joins 1.1.2013)

Filip Jankovic - Red Star - £7.5m (joins 17.1.2013)

Started off a tad dodgy, but have come good recently.

Super Cup

Shakhtar - 1 (Dentinho 74, Srna S/Off 22)

Dynamo Kyiv - 1 (Gusev 71)

Shakhtar win 5-4 on penalties.

League

Tavria - 1 (Ljubicic 8)

Shakhtar - 0

League

Shakhtar - 2 (Fernandinho 34, Willian 42)

Dynamo Kyiv - 0

League

Shakhtar - 4 (Teixeira 35, Willain 45+2, Baranets 60 & 85)

Metalist - 1 (Fininho 82)

League

Volyn - 0

Shakhtar - 5 (Willian 22, Chygrynskyi 39, Jadson 52, Baranets 61, Alan Patrick 83)

League

Shakhtar - 2 (Willian 29, Chygrynskyi 90+3)

Good luck with the save Suggy I plan on getting some more Ukrainian's in myself tbh, just not sure who tbh. Yarlemenko (sp) from Kyiv looks like he would be a great signing but won't join :(

Kobin has been great for me whenever Srna has been out but I think he has a random CA/PA. Hubschman hasn't played much so may sell him on. Rat is leaving on a free at the end of the season as I have Gai and Silva for LB

Unless the Kyiv players leave to go abroad, you'll never get to sign them. Just keep an eye on the Ukraine U-21 and U-19 squad for good youngsters.

Also, regarding right back, Fedetskyi is at Karpaty, and he is very good.

Out of a Champions League group containing Real Madrid, Shakhtar, FC Basel, and Trabzonspor, Basel and Real Madrid were the two teams to be eliminated. Yes, you read that right, Real Madrid.

My Shakhtar side beat them twice, (3-2 at home, 2-0 away), and Tranzonspor took four points off them. To say I'm surprised is an understatement.

I had Hulk on fm 11 for my Liverpool side and he was amazing as for Damiäo, on my current Liverpool save he is amazing but for my Shakhtar team he isn't doing so good, but it may be because he was out for 5 months with a broken leg, He misses to many CCC tbh

Hulk is more suited to the RW IMO, thats why his CCC misses is quite poor, when he cuts in from the right wing and shoots from distance, thats where he really excels. I know Damaio is a really good player, but the strikers Shakhtar have are very good/decent IMO, didnt Selezynov score bundles of goals for his last team and Eduardo is a clinical finisher and Luiz Adriano looks good as well, especially considering as most people play with only one striker.

Regarding missing CCC's I was talking about Damiäo as for Hulk on fm11 I played him on the right aswell. I sold Adriano as he has poor composure , finishing, decisions and Eduardo hasn't impressed at all tbh

I might look at gettign Cardozo in that case, a complete striker! As with the leagues if I custom it and choose Brazilian players with a national rep and continetal rep only, what will be the average sized database for the other countries, small, medium or large? This is where I am confused.

Strikers really not working in my formation, got Eduardo, Luiz Adriano, Seleznyov and Dentinho but none are scoring well at all. 5 goals between them in a combined 23 apps. Just don't know what role to give them in this formation.

I might look at gettign Cardozo in that case, a complete striker! As with the leagues if I custom it and choose Brazilian players with a national rep and continetal rep only, what will be the average sized database for the other countries, small, medium or large? This is where I am confused.

Not too sure tbh

Strikers really not working in my formation, got Eduardo, Luiz Adriano, Seleznyov and Dentinho but none are scoring well at all. 5 goals between them in a combined 23 apps. Just don't know what role to give them in this formation.

Try the poacher role :thup:

Just managed to sign Cavani for £27m :) btw I'm unsure how many foreigners I have, what's happened to the thing where you were able to see how many days left they had to be counted as a Ukranian, not sure of who is and who is not counted as a foreigner. Jadson, Srna, Fernandinho?

Read posts 31-35 of the thread, Cavani :cool: also when you have to pick a team for a League/Cup match all the Foreign players will have FGN next to them and your are allowed 7 in your line up

lfc7 - great results against Barcelona, and certainly a chance of going all the way to the final.

ReggaeBwoy - Oh dear!! I'm kinda in the same boat, and will have to consider what to do come the end of the season with certain foreign players.

--------

Didn't mention before, but at the start of the season Tymoschuk was ruled out for three months with a ligament injury and has decided t retire at the end of the season. Gutted as he has been great for me since coming back and will only be 33 by the start of next season.

lfc7 - great results against Barcelona, and certainly a chance of going all the way to the final.

ReggaeBwoy - Oh dear!! I'm kinda in the same boat, and will have to consider what to do come the end of the season with certain foreign players.

--------

Didn't mention before, but at the start of the season Tymoschuk was ruled out for three months with a ligament injury and has decided t retire at the end of the season. Gutted as he has been great for me since coming back and will only be 33 by the start of next season.

Thanks tomtuck and shame about Tymoschuk with him being Ukrainian aswell. Just faced Bayern in the Qtrs and here is how i got on:

vbayern1.png

vbayern2.png

Thought i was out like against Barca but Damiao popped up with the winner again, this time it was in the last min of extra time and what a goal it was. Face Man U in the Semis but dont think ill progress, if i do i shall face either Chelsea or Man City

lfc7 - Another good performance over two legs against a good side there. As you say United will be tough, and a the final if you were to get there, would be just as tough.

As for the Champions League in my save, I've been drawn against Rubin Kazan, which is not a bad draw at all. They are top of the Russian league, but I would expect us to progress to the quarter finals.

Good luck against Rubin tomtuck, as for the Semi against Man U here is how it went:

manu1e.png

First leg i got battered and only had one shot on target, but they couldnt finish there chances and i got a pen :D and held on

vmanu2.png

Even though they went to 10 men on 34 Mins they still gave me a good game. When it went to extra time the extra man eventually counted with me scoring 3 goals. Dentinho will miss the final though :(

If your wondering why the SS are different ive been meaning to get all my SS like the 2nd one, but i forgot then once you play the match you cant get it

As for the Final i would of wanted to play Chelsea but am facing City, although Chelsea would of been tough

Good luck against Rubin tomtuck

I think the first leg went rather well;

rubinaway.png

I also discovered from this game that looking at the scout report on teams actually works. The report told me that they struggled against a 4-1-2-2-1 (DM, CM, L/RW, ST), system so I changed to that formation, and hey presto.

I wouldn't bring in defenders who aren't Ukrainian no matter how good they are. I would rather have my foreigner spots taken up by the attacking players.

As for my Champions League second round tie, I ended up winning the second leg 2-1, making it 7-2 on aggregate. In the quarter finals I have been drawn with Internazionale, with a possible semi-final against Manchester United or CSKA Moscow, (just lke you lfc7), if I progress.

I wouldn't bring in defenders who aren't Ukrainian no matter how good they are. I would rather have my foreigner spots taken up by the attacking players.

As for my Champions League second round tie, I ended up winning the second leg 2-1, making it 7-2 on aggregate. In the quarter finals I have been drawn with Internazionale, with a possible semi-final against Manchester United or CSKA Moscow, (just lke you lfc7), if I progress.

Great result tomtuck and good luck against Inter, Also good idea about keeping your fgn spots for attacking players. Shall post my Season 1 report sometime today

I was mistaken anyway. My opponents in the semi-final would be Manchester City or Chelsea. It has turned out to be Chelsea after two cracking performances against Inter;

inter1stleg.png

This was excellent from us regardless of them going down to ten men. The only problem was the injury to Jadson, and the bookings picked up by Srna and Eduardo meaning they would miss the second leg.

inter2ndleg.png

During the campaign we have had some great results, like the two wins over Real Madrid in the Champions League group stages, hammerig rivals Dnipro 7-1 in their own back yard, and the recent 5-0 thrashing of Dynamo Kiev. But this game against Inter was almost perfect. (I say almost because of the goal conceded). It could have been more aswell - we hit to woodwork three times!

Time for Chelsea in the semi's. The final would see us face Barcelona or United if we were to progress.

I was mistaken anyway. My opponents in the semi-final would be Manchester City or Chelsea. It has turned out to be Chelsea after two cracking performances against Inter;

inter1stleg.png

This was excellent from us regardless of them going down to ten men. The only problem was the injury to Jadson, and the bookings picked up by Srna and Eduardo meaning they would miss the second leg.

inter2ndleg.png

During the campaign we have had some great results, like the two wins over Real Madrid in the Champions League group stages, hammerig rivals Dnipro 7-1 in their own back yard, and the recent 5-0 thrashing of Dynamo Kiev. But this game against Inter was almost perfect. (I say almost because of the goal conceded). It could have been more aswell - we hit to woodwork three times!

Time for Chelsea in the semi's. The final would see us face Barcelona or United if we were to progress.

Great results tomtuck :applause: good luck against Chelsea and if you get through Barca/Man U

Season 1 Report Part 1

My aim in this save is to try and win the Champions League, Be a force in the competition and overtake Kyiv in League Championships, anyway here is how season 1 went:

Premier league

Didnt have much trouble winning the League finishing 5 pts clear of Kyiv, I won it with 2 games to spare but thought i would of had it wrapped up a bit earlier

Final League Table

finalleaguetableseason1.png

Ukrainian Super Cup

supercupseason1shakhtar.png

Ukrainian Cup

Only decent opponents i faced were Dnipro in the Semi's who i beat 2-0, I won with ease in the Final

ukrainiancupfinalseason.png

Champions League

Finished 2nd in the group stage behind R.Madrid and beat some great teams to get to the Final, 1st Knockout - Barcelona, Qtr Final - FC Bayern, Semi Final - Man U. I was drawn against Man City in the Final and after taking the lead inside 5 mins we couldnt add to it and City equalised.

The game went to extra time and City brought on Balotelli who scored 2 amazing goals and so we lost 3-1. I really enjoyed my run in Europe but was gutted to lose the Final. Where city had Balotelli to bring on i didnt have anyone of that quality on the bench so maybe something to look at, But pleased with how great we did and some of the teams we knocked out.

Champions League Final

clfinalshakhtarseason1.png

Part 3

Player Stats

playerstatsseason1shakh.png

Player League Stats

leagueplayerstats.png

League Rep

leaguerepshakhtarseason.png

European Rep

clubeuropeanrepshakhtar.png

Overall happy with the season but hope to go one better and win the Champions league if i can next year. Damiao missed 5 months with a broken foot but wasnt impressive enough when he was back to full fitness. I am trying to get him to unlearn shoots with power but doubt i will be able to, If i cant i will ask him to learn the rounds the keeper PPM as he misses way too many chances.

As you can see the likes of Willian, Costa etc performed well but my player of the season was Dentinho followed by Rakitskyi then Kryvtsov

Anyway thanks for reading and sorry for the long posts.

Forgot to mention I've had all the players come back from loan and while i would like to keep loads of them, I just dont think it will be possible as there is no room for them in my squad.

For the better players that have returned from loan if I do sell I will make sure they go abroad. Napoli are after Teixeira so to get them not to come back I said a swap for Cavani and they come back with £7.5M plus Teixeira for Cavani. Do you think it's worth it ? I dont really need strikers but if Damiäo dosent bang them in this season then am going to sell him

lfc7 - Nice end of season update. A great campaign, but frustrating no doubt to have got so close to winning the Champions League only to get beat in that manner.

As for the transfer of Cavani, if you haven't done anything about it yet, then personally I wouldn't go for it. Damiao is a great player and I'm sure he will come good in your second season, and Teixeira can turn into a hugely important player for you for years to come.

-----------------

As for my semi final with Chelsea, the first leg was drawn 1-1 meaning I had conceded what could have proved a very important away goal. The second leg though, needs no words;

chelsea2ndleg.png

We face United in the final after they knocked Barcelona out on away goals following a 2-2 draw at the Nou Camp and a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

lfc7 - Nice end of season update. A great campaign, but frustrating no doubt to have got so close to winning the Champions League only to get beat in that manner.

As for the transfer of Cavani, if you haven't done anything about it yet, then personally I wouldn't go for it. Damiao is a great player and I'm sure he will come good in your second season, and Teixeira can turn into a hugely important player for you for years to come.

-----------------

As for my semi final with Chelsea, the first leg was drawn 1-1 meaning I had conceded what could have proved a very important away goal. The second leg though, needs no words;

chelsea2ndleg.png

We face United in the final after they knocked Barcelona out on away goals following a 2-2 draw at the Nou Camp and a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

Amazing result and good luck in the final. As for Cavani I had already cancelled the deal even though i know he would of been a monster, I didn't want to sell Teixeira. I also had a £36M agreed for Hazard but cancelled it aswell, might just sign a Brazilian or Ukrainian and stick to my policy as I have been doing

What realistically should be the aim for Shaktar in season one ? The League is going very well, pl 12 won 12 for 49 ag 6.

Beat DK in the Super cup 3 -1 and then 6 - 2 in the League.

CL, beat Arsenal 4 -2 away and Zenit 5 - 2 at home.

It feels like something is going to go boom tho ............Is the CL a target ? realistically ?

DWCallaghan - Just look at some of the results of my and lfc7. Both of us have got to the final in the first season. I've yet to play my final, whereas he lost to Manchester City, but only in extra time.

Aye, but you guys are probably brilliant at this game, I am not , :-)

APOEL just held me to 0 -0 at home for my first points dropped in CL , just to rub it in. I am 8 points clear at top of League after just 14 games to be fair, but I have gone Donetsk every FM for the last 4 or 5, and only won CL once, season 2 in FM11.

Aye, but you guys are probably brilliant at this game, I am not , :-)

APOEL just held me to 0 -0 at home for my first points dropped in CL , just to rub it in. I am 8 points clear at top of League after just 14 games to be fair, but I have gone Donesk every FM for the last 4 or 5, and only won CL once, season 2 in FM11.

Tbh I was expecting to win the League, Super Cup and Ukrainian Cup but didn't expect to do aswell as I did in the CL. Once I drew Barca in the first knockout round I thought it was game over. Anyway welcome to the thread :) and good luck with the save

Tbh I was expecting to win the League, Super Cup and Ukrainian Cup but didn't expect to do aswell as I did in the CL. Once I drew Barca in the first knockout round I thought it was game over. Anyway welcome to the thread :) and good luck with the save

Thanks .

Yeah, the Domestic competitions were what I thought, but with the squad, I always feel they can go on. Defensively though.......

I've been using Rakitskyi and Kryvtsov as my main DC with Chygrynskyi and Chyzhov as backup. I was using Chygrynskyi at first but he put in some poor performances. Hubschman has filled in well there aswell

Of the players to come back off loan I've kept Fedetskyi as backup to Srna so shall now sell Kobin and another loanee who cam back Butko as there isn't enough room for him. I am hoping to get a buy back clause for them just incase.

I've also kept Chaykovskyi and Vitsenets as they look decent. Lastly I have kept Kozhanov who has impressed so have offered him a new contract

Archived