Formation/Tactic Familiarity Resets After Each Season?

After I finished my last season, my team was maxed out on all the familiarity areas with my standard 3 tactics. In the following season, however, I only changed the starting players in two positions (GK and one DC), but my familiarity with all 3 tactics is almost back down to 0. How can almost the exact team forget how to play in the same tactic they used for the entire previous season? Am I doing something wrong or does familiarity always reset after a season?

This seems a little unfair, as my team won't be completely comfortable with my tactics by the time the season starts.

Throughout the entire FM11 never found a consistent reason for this to happen, i'm convinced it's probably somewhat bugged.

I changed entire teams and still got full preparation on the next season, i made a lot of signings and still got full preparation next season and then sometimes i'll just sign a couple of players and have everything reset.

I'm hoping that the match prep module has had some attention for FM12, as to be honest, in FM11 I mostly left it to the assistant.

Those of you who know me well, will also know that that's most unlike how I play the game, preferring complete control.

Unfortunately, for similar reasons that Coentrao pointed towards, it was too inconsistent for me to consider worthwhile paying much attention to. I "know" my tactical choices work, assuming I'm using the right/suitable players, therefore I also know that they'll gel with whatever I'm using at some point, anyway.

Having a visual aid is useful, but more so if it works a little better. ;)

Archived