Football Manager 2012 TV Advert

For those of you in the UK, the brand new TV advert for Football Manager 2012 will be showcased for the first time on Friday, but you can see it if you are watching any of this weekend’s big matches on Sky Sports & ESPN.

However as you’re a big fan of Football Manager, the least we can do is allow you a sneak preview!

[video=youtube;XO6zLatPNi0]

In addition to the standard 20 second ad, we are running 5 bespoke ads tailored to key fixtures. The first of these will be run just before the biggest fixture happening on Saturday. Of course, it’s Liverpool V Manchester United. The bespoke versions will only be able to watch on TV, so look out for them!

We’re proud to be partnering with one of our favourite bands in the advert – Hard-Fi. Their track – Bring It On - brings the trailer to life and is available now on iTunes as a track on their brand new album, Killer Sounds.

We hope you like it.

The standard ad will feature in the below live games this weekend and runs until 27th November across Sky Sports:

14th October 2011 Friday 1945 Doncaster v Leeds Championship

15th October 2011 Saturday 1245 Liverpool v Manchester Utd Premier League

15th October 2011 Saturday 1715 Everton V Chelsea Premier League

15th October 2011 Saturday 1720 Portsmouth v Barnsley Championship

16th October 2011 Sunday 1330 Manchester City v Aston Villa Premier League

16th October 2011 Sunday 1600 Newcastle v Tottenham Premier League

Special Adverts (right before kick-off) can also be seen:

23rd Oct: The Manchester Derby

29th Oct: Chelsea v Arsenal

20th Nov: Chelsea v Liverpool

27th Nov: Liverpool v Manchester City

Do note that this isn't intended to be a "trailer", we're not having one of those this year.

This is designed as a quick 20 second TV advert and as such had different criteria for when it was being built.

The "advert" doesn't even show you what it's about. A football pitch and a Football Manager 2012 box at the end - that's all it is. It's terrible to be honest.

All this trailer shows you is what other people think of it... it doesn't give the viewers a chance for them to judge it. Theres no gameplay or anything relating to the game in it.

Seriously, you can do better than this.

The TV advert has never had any game footage in it I don't think, that's not what it's for.

I have really enjoyed the FM12 Demo, and this advert feels so limp in comparison to how great the demo is. That is just my personal opinion. But then Im no advertising expert, TV advertising is incredibly expensive, and theres only so much you can do in 20 odd seconds...

Have to say very poor. Doubt your get any new sales from this advert alone! And anyone who plays FM will already know that it's coming out. Airing during these games on skysports, how much did that cost......what a waste of money IMO! Sorry SI but it is just that poor!

This advert is pretty dreadful. It's uninspiring and dull and gives the opinion of everyone else instead of giving the viewer a chance to make their own opinion of it! You cant even read the quotes properly either. Imagine if you were a viewer sitting there and have never played football manager before and you saw that advert, would you rush out and go and buy it......i doubt it very much.

I'm going to have to agree with the general mood - the advert didn't really fill me with any extra excitement about the game to be honest. I'm pretty much going to buy it anyway, since the demo was fun (although only after 12.3 is released), but had I not played the demo, the advert would have done nothing either way, other than confirming the existence of the game (there's not much punch in those twenty seconds).

Also, I've seen a few references to a SkyBet advert that people jokingly refer to as an FM advert. Does anyone have a link to it, or have I missed the boat? (EDIT: Apparently there's a revolutionary engine for searching for things on the internet. Who knew?)

If I wasn't a fan and ordered the game already, that ad would make me less inclined to buy it. I hate ads that tell you nothing about the product. Well unless it's as rip-roaringly hilarious as the shepherd FM ads in days of yore.

OMG: just clicked the link to the Skybet ad (I dont have Sky) - BRILLIANT!!!!!! :applause:

Don't see anything wrong with it. They're trying to sell the game, it does that.

If I was new to the game, I wouldn't really see what that advert was selling me. If I was a lapsed fan, it wouldn't whet my appetite.

That is a hell of a bad advert. Who on earth is going to watch that and think "Yeah that looks good"? You dont have any idea what it is till the picture of the box and thats hardly awe inspiring.

Shame as the game is very good this year and very polished.

It wasn't very good but I don't particularly care.

I'll be buying the game and I couldn't care less for an advert.

To be honest, this pretty much sums up how I feel. I used to buy the game when there was no TV advert so it makes no difference to me whether there's one or not, or how good it is.

Its not great, but let's be fair, FM's hardly the most exciting game to try and sell with 20 seconds. Most game adverts tend to show off the amazing graphics, which isn't really what FM is about.

Agreed, but I do think a bit of imagination wouldn't have gone a miss. Last year's was good for what it is intended to do.

to be honest.. that looks like something a student would do as a project.. Its that awful. :( - truthfully the worst football advert I've ever seen. NOTHING in it says Football Manager for me.. (except the box at the end)

HOW did this happen?

*Still hoping this was just a joke and the real advert is published soon*

To be honest I find bit awful. Also I'm always suspicious about films or games that fill the previews, trailers and covers that put small phrases about praise reviews.

It generally gives me the wrong message as it was the real intention.

I'm not film student, but how expensive is it in picking up a small video camera, capture some footage of friendly match between all the guys at SI playing football and edit on Imovie, Premier or Final Cut pro and make a preview or trailer?

I'm surprised there isn't a clip of a 3d match showing a goal being scored during an evening game with flares and flags in the crowd as if it's a big european night or champions cup final or something....similar in fashion to the fifa game ads. Have a bit of text challenging you to take "your" team to glory....

It aint the greatest of 'adverts' you'll ever see but it's not the worst either...

If it's aimed at getting "new" customers, it'll fail...epically.

If it's just a reminder to those that know about FM already...it'll probably do the trick...

So what anyway, I've already bought it and will every year, so roll on 21/10/11

Really sad to not be seeing one of those epic trailers that always made me REALLY excited about the game, like 2008, 2009 and 2011 trailers.

This might just be an ad for TV but hell I would have loved to see another one in the style of the others I listed above.

As a quick fire TV advert it does what it needs to do, remind people of its release date.

Could have been so much better though, although I think FM has got to the stage where people will just buy it regardless and everyone already knows about FM and the FM brand so no big advert needed just a quick reminder.

Purpose served but not a thrilling advert.

Archived