FM12 discussion - ME and tactical options

I have been a bit frustrated with the lack of progress in the former FM versions regarding the options in off/on ball positioning.

I haven't had much time to look at the new ME and tactical options yet, but I'm very interested in hearing what your impressions are so far.

For example the 3 man defence:

(3 central midfielders)

Hugging touchline with "wide" central defenders still doesn't stretch the back three wide, when on the ball, from what I can see. Haven't tested move into channels yet.

Seems like central players still cannot be pushed wide with the wide play options.

(2 full backs and 1 central defender)

Can't tell anything conlusive from the one match I have played, but it seems better than the "3 Central Defenders" option as you can atleast build up from goalkeeper. (Any other impressions?)

How does sweeper/libero work ?

How does it handle right/left midfielders back tracking with 3 central defenders?

It seems to me that, there are no changes to the tactic options other than the fancy new GUI. Big let down for me that the wide play options are still not working properly for central players.

Have I overlooked something or should I expect same as FM11 ?

Well, I'm only going from my experience, but I rarely had long shot scored against me on 11, but on this one, there seems to be a propensity to be a lot more accurate, i.e that the shots seem to whistle in from 30 yards at lightning speed.

Archived