FM12: F.C. Barcelona – Més que un club

I managed to get a tactic working. Based on a 4-1-2-3 formation. But it took me a season of playing different tactics and drawing to teams like Almeria and Espanyol! Won the Champions League with it but no La Liga yet.

Real Madrid constantly beat me though. They are insanely good even though Mourinho just left. I beat them 3-1 in the first leg of the cup then in the second leg they beat me 4-1 scoring 3 goals in the last 10 minutes.

GK: Stegen

DR: Alves / Romario

DC: M Sahko / Phil Jones

DC: Vertonghen / Pique

DL: Alex Sandro

DM: Hamsik

CM: Fabregas

CM: Poli

ST: Damiao

ST: Messi

ST: Niang

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone who was wondering what a perfect game looked like, here it is.

barcelonavsevillastatsm.png

The first half was total perfection. Absolute domination, 85% possession, three goals, two for Messi one for Sanchez, one missed penalty for Messi, lots of CCC's and half-chances. Surely the second half couldn't be as good...

barcelonavsevillastatsm.png

The possession in this half was even more dominant. The "last 5 minutes" bar at the bottom of the screen never dropped below 90% and was regularly at 100%. Only the failure to add more goals was a slight let down.

barcelonavsevillastatsb.png

I have only once had a player get 100+ passes. I have had lots of 85+ passes from my playmaker, including in the CL final but needless to say this was a record. 800 completed passes too.

The strange thing was that I was expecting this to be a very tough match. Sevilla are managed by Bielsa and his 3-4-3 formation and the two matches against Athletic last season were our hardest, losing 2-1 away (our only league defeat) and drawing 3-3 at home (the only time we conceded three goals).

I'm in March of my 1st season with Barca. Going well so far. Smashed Madrid 6-0 on agg in the Spanish Super Cup. Went to extra time in both Euro Super Cup and WCC but came out winners both times. My 2nd string went out to Bilbao in the semis of the Spanish Cup on away goals which was a little disappointing but I've beaten Man Utd in the 1st KO round of the Champions League 6-3 on agg and am 7pts clear of Madrid in La Liga. Still unbeaten in the league. This is how my team looks (I turned off 1st window transfers, if the squad is good enough for Pep, it's good enough for me)

GK(sweeperKeeper/support): Valdes/Pinto

DR(WB/att): Alves/Montoya/Adriano

DC(BPD/cover): Pique/Fontas/Bartra

DC(CB/stopper): Puyol/Munian

DL (WB/support): Abidal/Maxwell/Adriano

DMC(DM/defend): Busquets/Mascherano

MC (DLP/support): Xavi/Fabregas

MC (AP/attack): Iniesta/Thiago

AMR(IF/attack): Sanchez/Pedro

AML (IF/attack): Villa/Afellay

ST: (TQ): Messi/Villa/Soriano

Tactic is Counter, with High pressing, short passing, loads of roaming and creativity. All from TC only, no tweaks except for setting Xavi as playmaker instead of Messi. Dominate most games with loads of possession, shots and goals. Its as close to real Barca as I can get it.

Messi missed Oct to Dec with injuries but when not injured is obv brilliant. Due to that Sanchez and Villa have both outscored him but he's closing the gap fast. My backup defenders have all exceeded expectations, Montoya especially. He's played quite a lot because Dani Alves is an annoying card magnet, 3 reds and loads of yellows. The reds were all for vicious knee high tackles. Seriously considering selling him.

With the end of season approaching I'm now looking to develop the squad for next year. Ter Stegen is coming in to provide competition for Valdes (£11m). Sanogo is coming on a free which will mean I can get rid of Soriano. Only other position I really need to work on is left back. Looking at either Jose Angel, Jose Enrique or Cesar Azpilicueta for that position. Will be getting rid of: Maxwell, Afellay, Soriano, Pinto and maybe Adriano.

From the B team, Cuenca, Rafinha and Kiko Femenia have all performed well when given a chance and will be more involved next season.

Hoping to keep spending down unless really necessary and promote from La Masia where possible.

Cuenca is indeed awesome.

Anyway I haven't posted in a while but I have been experimenting with different variations of 3-4-3 formations and I think I've found a good one.

barcelonavrmadridstatsm.png

barcelonavrmadridanalys.png

I'm not too bothered about the result. The first leg result was with a different formation and Real's goal in this match came from a corner flicked on at the near post by Ronaldo.

The possession was hugely impressive. I've had similarly good possession stats in many other matches but never against Real Madrid. The total number of passes and pass accuracy was also very good but for me the best bit was the way that we were able to stop Real having any other chances and we totally dominated the match and should have scored more but for Casillas.

Samba - could you provide a screen shot of this 3-4-3 formation along with team instructions and anything else you may have picked up about the tactic when you get a chance.

Creating my own version of a 3-4-3 myself and your stats impressed me. Also - do you use similar tactic away from home?

In my save I managed Sheff Wednesday for 4 years, getting them to the premiership and securing a 6th place finished in the final season aswell as a Uefa cup win after winning the league cup the year before.

Barcelona's manager, Arsene Wenger, retired so I cheekily applied for the Barca job, and in a complete shock - got it. I have never won a league title - and aim to obviously change that in my time with Barca - while the 3-4-3 was a little frustrating with Sheff Wed - I think it could be awesome with Barca.

So I finished my 1st season with Barca. Finished La Liga unbeaten through the season :cool: Obviously very happy with that. Pretty much sealed the title with 6 games to go when we beat Madrid 3-0 at Camp Nou.

The cherry on the cake of a great season was the CL final. After taking out Man Utd, Arsenal and Lyon in the KO stages we faced Chelsea in the final. I thought it would be a fairly tough game but my players obviously felt differently as Messi, Villa and Sanchez put us 3-0 up in 15 minutes. Chelsea never even got going as we eventually cruised to a 6-0 win. Dominant.

The summer saw not too much business as I shipped out Keita, Mino, Afellay, Henrique, Keirrison, Pinto, Soriano and Maxwell. Sanogo and Ter Stegen arrived, and I landed my first choice left back in Jose Angel, for £11m. Other than that Kiko Femenia, Isaac Cuenca and Rafinha earned themselves spots with the senior squad. My first XI will not be too different from last year, with only Angel definitely coming into the side. Will be looking to repeat in all trophies again and add the Copa del Rey this time around.

I am in the process of writing a guide for my formation for the tactics forum. It's over 4,000 words and counting so will need to be heavily edited before I post the complete guide.

I will, however, post a screenshot of the formation later for you.

Not to bug you bud....any update?

I use 4312 formation, but I cant get my attmid cent. to get above 7.00 average rating, even with iniesta or messi in that position they are terrible.Please help.

Need a lot more info about your tactic to be able to help. What roles do your amc & other mids & strikers have? What mentality & other settings do you use?

Not to bug you bud....any update?

I'm still some way off posting my tactic. I'm too busy doing other things and I want to test it on the new patch with Man Utd and Swansea first.

fcbarcelonatacticsteami.png

This is my formation and team instructions for my possession tactic. I use this tactic when I want to dominate possession (89% against Sevilla - post #405 and 77% against Real Madrid - post #405)

fcbarcelonatacticsoverv.png

This is my more attacking tactic. Possession is still good but this one probably scores more goals. Team instructions are mostly the same

• 2 weeks later...

Took over Barcelona in 2014 after winning the World Cup with England. Won every game in all competitions apart from 1 draw in La Liga (Pld 14, W 13, D 1) with Valencia. Team is all the big original players + Bartha, Muniesa (who I resigned from Atlanta), and Deulofeu (Top player). Got 3 Spanish regens and signed De Gea and Munoz. Have 198M in the transfer budget but don't really need to improve the squad, trying to keep the squad predominately Spanish and that fit Barcelona.

Why would you guys play as Barca anyway? Don't you want a challenge?

Some users want to try and recreate the extreme passing way that Barcelna play in real life, which in Football Manager isn't that easy due to the Match Engine. I personally like a Barcelona save becuase I like to do as they do; develop youngsters from the academy and generally make just one big signing every now and then.

I would like to ask though, what business is it of yours as to who people want to have saves with? They, like you, have all paid for the game and can play it as they wish.

Some users want to try and recreate the extreme passing way that Barcelna play in real life, which in Football Manager isn't that easy due to the Match Engine. I personally like a Barcelona save becuase I like to do as they do; develop youngsters from the academy and generally make just one big signing every now and then.

I would like to ask though, what business is it of yours as to who people want to have saves with? They, like you, have all paid for the game and can play it as they wish.

Calm down dear... it was just a question.

Absolutely, but if he was upgraded to say a -9 or something then Barca would have about 1000 -9s hanging around. I think sometimes you have to consider that these players look so good irl because of the team and system they play in.

magick final you should try.i won 3 times euro ch leauge. 2 times spanish league and spanish cup. 3 times world club ch.find the tactic then download.1 recommend . tactik 4-3-3 change to 4-1-2-2-1.after puyol retired. busquets put dc. before busquets give train to dc.you choose for messi st or amr.i put cavani for st. after he came .

• 2 weeks later...
To the OP Josh, do you plan on finishing the entire squad detail list mate? What youv'e done is good so far.

Just come back on here for the first time in ages. I haven't been well, so my FM and indeed real life football tactical interests have taken a back seat. Feel a bit crap to have left this thread without a proper introduction and hope to sort that in the coming week or so.

Heya guys after last years save with Fm11 I am back to give Barca another shot rotating this save with my favored Chelsea save.

I have sorted the staff and training and chosen to go for a 4-1-2-1-2 left sided striker formation, along with a normal 4-5-1 and a 4-1-2-3.

I havent signed anyone as i want to try and do as much as i can with the players i have for the 1st season before deciding in winter or the summer who i do and dont need. I have sold Maxwell for 4 million.

The team looks like this:

Gk-Valdes

Dl-Abidal/Adriano/Muniesa

Dc-Puyol/Batra/Muniesa/Gomez

Dc-Pique/Fontas/Muniesa/Gomez

Dr-Alvez/Adriano/Montoya

Dm-Busquets/Mascherano/Fontas

Mcl-Fabregas/Iniesta/Thiago/Rafinha

Mcr-Xavi/Fabregas/Keita/Thiago/Rafinha

Amr-Afellay/Pedro/Fermenia/Deulofeu

Stl-Sanchez/Villa/Pedro

Stc-Messi/Villa/Pedro

The midfield is amazing with Fabregas,Iniesta and Xavi, not to forget Alacantara brothers and Keita. However i feel i may have to sell keita.The likes of Busquets and Mascherano are great screens for my defence.

A front 3 of Affelay, Messi and Sanchez is just mesmerizing, the movement with and without the ball is great to watch. I would love to see them combine in real life too.

Currently at November and at top of the table without losing a game yet.

Just come back on here for the first time in ages. I haven't been well, so my FM and indeed real life football tactical interests have taken a back seat. Feel a bit crap to have left this thread without a proper introduction and hope to sort that in the coming week or so.

Health takes priority mate. Glad to have ya back with us. Look forward to more updates.

Good to have you back. :)

Anyone ever have Messi make outrageous wage demands? He's wanting a 42 million contract and it's on 2013!

Omg thats crazy!!!!! I hope he doesnt dare ask for those extortionate figures from me as i will tell him where to shove it haha.

Just had my best game with Barca beating Malaga 9-0! Was an amazing game.

Hi Guys

Just started a new Barcelona save, hoping to have even more success than Pep Guardiola :)

Any reccomendations on signings? I was thinking possibly at getting a backup keeper in as not too convinced on Pinto or any of the reserve team goalkeepers. Any suggestions?

Dont think theres really anywhere in the team that needs bolstering, but any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thanks

LG

Omg thats crazy!!!!! I hope he doesnt dare ask for those extortionate figures from me as i will tell him where to shove it haha.

Just had my best game with Barca beating Malaga 9-0! Was an amazing game.

:eek: That's what.. almost 800 grand a week?

Anyway I can get him to accept a lower contract?

Hi Guys

Just started a new Barcelona save, hoping to have even more success than Pep Guardiola :)

Any reccomendations on signings? I was thinking possibly at getting a backup keeper in as not too convinced on Pinto or any of the reserve team goalkeepers. Any suggestions?

Dont think theres really anywhere in the team that needs bolstering, but any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thanks

LG

Hey lone gooner, I hope you reach your goal :)

I would suggest bringing in young talent that you could nurture . I wouldnt really worry about bringing in any players in the 1st season as your squad is filled with talent and talented youngsters coming through the ranks. A lot of people in this forum sell afellay or maxwell, i sold the latter but wont sell afellay as i think he is amazing! Goalkeeper spot is a definite spot to strengthen in but saying that, keep the 2 keepers as back up for the season and look to bring someone in for next season.

Anyway I can get him to accept a lower contract?

How many years has he got left on his contract? If its his last let it run down to 6 months and try again or Lower his wages but give him or his agent more money else where?

Hi Guys

Thanks

LG

Hi Lone Gooner, I'd keep the initial squad for the first season and focus on bringing through the phenomenal young talents already at the club.

If you insist on signing players, then I'd make them those that Barca are interested in in real life. Thiago Silva, Jordi Alba and, in a year or two, Neymar. Pepe Reina is the closest thing to Victor Valdes and they came through La Masia together. Maybe bring Reina back and let them battle it out for a starting spot?

Good luck!

Started a save with Barca last week, just into January now with my squad looking like this:

GK: Valdes, Mino

RB: Alves, Montoya

RCB: Mascherano, Puyol, Barta

LCB: Pique, Muniesa

LB: Abidal, Jose Angel

DMC: Busquets, Fernando

RCM: Thiago, Xavi, Sergi Roberto

LCM: Iniesta, Felipe Anderson

AMR: Sanchez, Pedro

AML: Villa, Cuenca, Deulofeu

ST: Messi, Fabregas

As you can see I've made a few new signings, Jose Angel for £15.75m as Abidal picked up a few injuries, Felipe Anderson and Fernando were brought in from Brazil during the summer for £5.25m and £6.25m respectively. In addition to these, I've bought a further 4 players for the U19 squad as well as Gonzalo Castro (£16k) and Sergio (free) to boost the 'B' Team. I sold Keita and Adriano (loan) to Arsenal and Afellay to Zenit. My plan is to only buy Spanish and South American players. The only player in the current first team squad non-Spanish/South American is Abidal.

I currently have a transfer budget of £18m and £450k excess wage budget per week. Any suggestions where I can improve my team? I'm looking for a backup goalkeeper at the minute.

Hi Lone Gooner, I'd keep the initial squad for the first season and focus on bringing through the phenomenal young talents already at the club.

If you insist on signing players, then I'd make them those that Barca are interested in in real life. Thiago Silva, Jordi Alba and, in a year or two, Neymar. Pepe Reina is the closest thing to Victor Valdes and they came through La Masia together. Maybe bring Reina back and let them battle it out for a starting spot?

Good luck!

I love the idea of bringing Reina back! I might look to do the same in my save :D Also thought about perhaps bringing back Botia back as he is an ex Barca player who looks pretty good.

How many years has he got left on his contract? If its his last let it run down to 6 months and try again or Lower his wages but give him or his agent more money else where?

30-6-2016. Right now, it's July 13th 2013.

He's got 3 years left.

This is what he wants but I can't give it to him, the most I can give any player is 23.5 million, except Pique whose contract was set up to go to that amount after he reached a certain number of games for the club.

messim.png

I doubt he'd ever leave you, twice I've tried to sign him on a pre contract after his contract at Barca was running down, claiming that 'contract talks break down', yet he signs a new deal on the last day of his contract every time. I highly doubt that any team will be able to afford his contract, along with his love for Barcelona, it's highly unlikly that he'd be leaving on a free transfer.

He's got 3 years left.

This is what he wants but I can't give it to him, the most I can give any player is 23.5 million, except Pique whose contract was set up to go to that amount after he reached a certain number of games for the club.

He has 3 years left on his contract and therefore you should not be worrying yourself about giving him a new offer . Wait until he as one year on his contract left, then look to renew it.

Im probably going to star FM save today with Barca, now for third time, to keep this thread active as much as possible, and ill do montly updates of course :)

With other teams on FM i dont play very long, because i lose motivation after half year of season or one season...

Visca Barca !

The best thing about being Barcelona is you don't need to buy players because world class players come from the academy. I'm about to start my second full season, the 15/16 season, and I've signed a couple of young regens and De Gea, Munoz, Mata and Wilshere but even in the CL final last season of the 18 players in the squad only De Gea, a regen LB and RB weren't already at Barcelona in real life and only Mata on the bench and thats 5 seasons in.

I've got £201M but I've only spent 1M on a regen DM and I'm not going to sign anyone else.

Archived