Sports Interactive Community
kamikaze_josh

FM12: F.C. Barcelona – Més que un club

A fast update.

I've played until January 1st, trying to tweak a bit the tactic. Cesc has improved, but Iniesta performance is still bad; actually, Thiago outperformes him every time he plays. Messi is scoring on a decent rate, but Villa was AMAZING when he had to play as striker due a Messi injury for a month, with 18 goals in 8 games. Something doesn't work there :p

Apart from that, I'm just destroying every team I face. I've win ALL my games but two, a sad 1-1 against Hospitalet in the Cup playing with a lot of youngsters, and a 3-3 against Okayama in a crazy Club World Cup game (won on the P's).

A couple pics with the League table, team stats and fixtures.

clasjan1st.jpg

teamjan1st.jpg

fixtjan1st.jpg

lol i took over Barca in my Journey save, this is too easy. Think ill go one more season and find a proper challenge.

table-2.jpg

squad-2.jpg

fixt1.jpg

You can just imagine what the real goal amount would have been if both of them didnt get hit by long injuries in the season:

scorer.jpg

i realise that david villa scores loads of goals when played as a single striker with poacher role. same in 11 and 12. messi not very consistent for me as a single forward.

There was no database changes, he probably will have a boost in the next patch in February :)

Thanks for answer, well i hope so, because he was outstanding :$ And he will maybe get promotion to first team, because of Villa injury...

Cuenca is indeed awesome.

Anyway I haven't posted in a while but I have been experimenting with different variations of 3-4-3 formations and I think I've found a good one.

barcelonavrmadridstatsm.png

barcelonavrmadridanalys.png

I'm not too bothered about the result. The first leg result was with a different formation and Real's goal in this match came from a corner flicked on at the near post by Ronaldo.

The possession was hugely impressive. I've had similarly good possession stats in many other matches but never against Real Madrid. The total number of passes and pass accuracy was also very good but for me the best bit was the way that we were able to stop Real having any other chances and we totally dominated the match and should have scored more but for Casillas.

finished my 2nd season, and i strolled to another 6 trophies, making it 12 out of 12! take that pep! (just kidding) alexis sanchez and pedro couldn't repeat their scoring form from the first season. both got 20+ goals last season but this time round, both just barely got past the 10 goals mark. villa and messi bag more than half of my goals combine, 49 and 41 respectively. kiko femenia, martin montoya and gerard deulofeu all made the step up and all impressed, especially deulofeu. don't think i'll be buying any players for the 3rd season. barca are almost invincible in the game. i'm tearing everybody apart, including real madrid!

finished my 2nd season, and i strolled to another 6 trophies, making it 12 out of 12! take that pep! (just kidding) alexis sanchez and pedro couldn't repeat their scoring form from the first season. both got 20+ goals last season but this time round, both just barely got past the 10 goals mark. villa and messi bag more than half of my goals combine, 49 and 41 respectively. kiko femenia, martin montoya and gerard deulofeu all made the step up and all impressed, especially deulofeu. don't think i'll be buying any players for the 3rd season. barca are almost invincible in the game. i'm tearing everybody apart, including real madrid!

I have this problem too, I can never set a goal. It's easy to buy the greatest regens and run them through but I want to set a goal of all La Masia bred players. It's tough but with Deulofeu, both Alcantara's, Dongou, Bartra, Muniesa, Montoya, etc. you can make it happen. Have to get lucky with the youth intake though.

I have just seen your statistics in GD barca! Haha But it reads very well. Nice work!!! But a lot of people myself included are seeing people with high passing a possession statistics, but they are not scoring vast amount of goals. They seem to be suffocating teams but not destroying them! How many goals do you average per game in the league please?

anyone have an idea for a replacement gk for victor valdes halfway 2nd season, he's ok overall but makes 10-12 mistakes last season and a couple this season so want a replacement, have courtois (2season loan) and oier olazabal as reserves but nog good enough for first team

i am managing barca along side my Blackpool save and i have to say the tactic i have is working a treat i smashed sevilla 5-0 then beat Mallorca 7-0 sitting level on points with Real in November.

just one question because im wondering:

playing with Barcelona,

is it fun to win every game from the start? is it a challenge for you? i mean, its not like you build up a great team, you already take over an almost unbeatable team.

how do you get your fun out of it?

I would really like to know if you could explain to me.

By the way - a suggestion as successor for Valdes would be Bernd Leno from Stuttgart :)

you payed 25m for that kid :eek:

you really should have kept Valdes then

is 5 upfront and 20 over monthly installement if i remember, he really improved alot already and valdes just kept making mistakes

playing with Barcelona,

is it fun to win every game from the start? is it a challenge for you? i mean, its not like you build up a great team, you already take over an almost unbeatable team.

By the way - a suggestion as successor for Valdes would be Bernd Leno from Stuttgart :)

I played a save with barcelona on fm11 from the start until the 3rd patch arrived, and yes it was kinda enjoyable, the main challange is to implement your vision of football, and since you already have the best team around (with an outstanding youth set up aswell), you dont need to worry about that part of the game, and can hence focus to 100% on the tactical aspects of the game
is 5 upfront and 20 over monthly installement if i remember, he really improved alot already and valdes just kept making mistakes
still, you could get a keeper with similar stats and potential for about £1m-£5m on about 5k weekly wage if you would just bother to look around, or if you just wait it out, you will sooner or later get one in your youth intake

Valdes really should be good enough to do the job for your first 5-6 seasons, if he aint, then maybe your tactical set up is to blame rather then the player in question?

Hey guys, been awhile since I posted on these forums. I completed my first season with Barcelona, winning la liga on the last day as well as the champions league. What I was wondering though is how has Messi been playing for you all? In total during the first season he scored 70 goals for me, including 52 in the league. I have screenshots if anyone is interested.

playing with Barcelona,

Of course. Winning trophies is fun, seeing if you can set new records. Getting to La Decima before Madrid (always a favorite achievement). Seeing how many Ballon d'Or you can win with Messi. Implementing the promising youth, but my favorite is going for the All-XI from the youth system. The only problem is you seem to get **** regens for yourself, and I'm always tempted to buy if only to tutor.

Hey guys, been awhile since I posted on these forums. I completed my first season with Barcelona, winning la liga on the last day as well as the champions league. What I was wondering though is how has Messi been playing for you all? In total during the first season he scored 70 goals for me, including 52 in the league. I have screenshots if anyone is interested.

I'm interested in your photos

playing with Barcelona,

I get my fun from dominating as Barca do IRL.

It has been awhile since I've posted too. That is some good season you got there from Messi. How many assists did he have?

This is how Messi did for me in my second season:

messiprofile.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I used him as STC in Trequartista role in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

2012011100007.jpg

I started playing him as a Complete forward set to attack in a 4-1-2-2-1 style formation. He sucked for the first half a dozen games until I changed him to Trequartista, since then he was amazing. That is surely the only way you should play him in FM. Oh and I was wrong in my first post he has scored 71 not 70 :)

After 3 seasons at west ham am now into my second at Barca. However Messi wants 400k per week and his contract expires at the end of the season, the board will only approve 250k and I've tried maxing out the clauses but he won't accept.

I had that problem with Messi in FM11, I'm sorry but I never found a way to solve it and FM12 came out before his contract expired. You could try switching your budget from transfer to wage, or ask for the board for a larger wage budget. If that doesn't work then I'm afraid I can't help you.

2012011100007.jpg

I started playing him as a Complete forward set to attack in a 4-1-2-2-1 style formation. He sucked for the first half a dozen games until I changed him to Trequartista, since then he was amazing. That is surely the only way you should play him in FM. Oh and I was wrong in my first post he has scored 71 not 70 :)

Yes, Trequartista is the best role for Messi, either as STC or AMC, even though his attributes are good enough for other roles as well.

I wanted to give a bit more info on how I've been doing on my latest Barca save.

I began my current save with a mission to create a tactic that scores as much as possible while conceding as less as possible. I'm in around the middle of my 3rd season (22 Dec. 2013) just after winning the recent CWC against Boca Juniors (4-0). I've won everything so far with two exceptions - the European Supercup in the 2nd season (lost 1-2 to Tottenham) and the Spanish Supercup this season (lost to Real M on aggregate 3-1 at home and 0-2 away).

In the first season, I bought only Neymar in January. I finished the season averaging 3.1 goals for and 0.5 goals against using a typical (for Barca) 4-1-2-2-1/4-3-3 formation. Then for the second season, I decided to change to 4-2-3-1 formation with 2MCs+AMR/L. I bought Thiago Silva and M'Vila at the start of the season and then Jose Angel in January when Abidal got injured for 5 months (I let him go on free at the end of that season). I finished the 2nd season averaging 3.4 goals for and again 0.5 goals against. So there was a marginal increase in the effectiveness of my attack. The screenshot of Messi scoring 68 goals for the season is from the 2nd season. During this season I was tinkering manually with some of the individual instructions of the TC.

Now in my 3rd season, I'm still using the same 4-2-3-1 formation but everything is on default. Any adjustments I make are only with different role & duties for players and/or with shouts during matches. I bought Aguero for his $45mil. release fee from Man City. They were offering him a new contract after finishing 12th in the EPL, while Real Madrid made a transfer offer. I didn't really need him, since Messi is/was my STC scoring so freely as Trequartista, but I also couldn't allow Madrid to acquire him since they were trying to improve on a bad 2nd season (they were knocked from the group stages of the CL and finished 2nd in La Liga with a big margin behind me, Mourinho barely saved his job with them). Now in January I'm awaiting the arrival of Hummels for $65mil who they also tried to sign. This is what I'm averaging so far in my 3rd season:

2013u.png

Not bad, eh? I never imagined I would achieve as high as 4.5 goals for. I hope I can keep this up until the end of the season. I'm excited to see what happens. I've had three 8-0 wins, one was in the CL away game vs Sparta Prague and one was an away La Liga game. I've also had an 11-0 home win vs Levante, where Alexis Sanchez scored 6 goals playing as AMR.

Due to the arrival of Aguero, I'm using Messi sometimes in the AMC position, either as Trequartista or Attacking Midfielder on attack duty. This is how he is doing so far:

messiprofilestats.png

This is how the rest of the team is performing:

squadstats.png

The lineup and subs you see are from my CWC final win vs Boca Juniors and is probably my best combo. Messi and Fabregas scored 2 goals each and played absolutely amazing together. Messi assisted on both Cesc's goals, while Fabregas assisted on one of Messi's goals! Fabregas was selected as the player of the tournament.

Montoya, Muniesa, Thiago Alcantara and Deulofeu have developed very nicely. Bartra and Fontas are out on loans. I'm trying to sell Villa and Bojan, haven't really used them this season. Keita, Maxwell and Affelay were sold during the 2nd season.

My tactical set up is:

Philosophy = Balanced

Strategy = Control (that changes during the games though)

Passing = shorter

Creative Freedom = default

Closing Down = press more

Tackling = defalt

Marking = Zonal

Crosses = drill crosses

Roaming = more roaming

Passing focus is always on Mixed

Offside trap = never

No playmaker is selected

GK = sweeper keeper - defend

DR/L = fullback - attack

DCs = central defender = defend

MCR = central midfielder - defend

MCL = deep-lying playmaker - support / advanced playmaker - support

AMR/L = inside forward - attack

AMC = attacking midfielder - attack (if using Messi here, he can also be Trequartista, while Aguero plays STC)

STC = trequartista - attack (if Aguero plays, he is either Poacher or DLF - attack)

The shouts I usually use are:

retain possession

pass into space (alternating with pass to feet)

work ball into box

hassle opponents (an alternative is to instead push higher up)

play wider (and/or exploit the flanks)

play through defense (on or off, optional)

pass out of defense (also optional)

If you know how the shouts work and what each of them does, you will know how and when to use them. For example, I like to start games with "pass into space" but once I take a lead of 2-3 goals, I remove it. Then when I want even more possession, I select "pass to feet". This shout control the through balls of all my players. I also like to start without "hassle opponents", but if they see a lot of the ball, then I select it. If I want even more possession, I select "play through defense" which reduces runs with ball for attacking players.

That is my update for now.

I had that problem with Messi in FM11, I'm sorry but I never found a way to solve it and FM12 came out before his contract expired. You could try switching your budget from transfer to wage, or ask for the board for a larger wage budget. If that doesn't work then I'm afraid I can't help you.
In the end I got Messi to resign 3 days before his contract expired, I had to offer 275k per week and 100k per appearance and made it non-negotiable. Now I have a front line of Messi, Aguero, Rooney and Neymar. Am retiring Villa at 35 despite 110 goals in his last two seasons and a 4-0 victory over Real in the Super cup first leg has finally got Mourinho the sack!!!!

I wanted to give a bit more info on how I've been doing on my latest Barca save.

I began my current save with a mission to create a tactic that scores as much as possible while conceding as less as possible. I'm in around the middle of my 3rd season (22 Dec. 2013) just after winning the recent CWC against Boca Juniors (4-0). I've won everything so far with two exceptions - the European Supercup in the 2nd season (lost 1-2 to Tottenham) and the Spanish Supercup this season (lost to Real M on aggregate 3-1 at home and 0-2 away).

In the first season, I bought only Neymar in January. I finished the season averaging 3.1 goals for and 0.5 goals against using a typical (for Barca) 4-1-2-2-1/4-3-3 formation. Then for the second season, I decided to change to 4-2-3-1 formation with 2MCs+AMR/L. I bought Thiago Silva and M'Vila at the start of the season and then Jose Angel in January when Abidal got injured for 5 months (I let him go on free at the end of that season). I finished the 2nd season averaging 3.4 goals for and again 0.5 goals against. So there was a marginal increase in the effectiveness of my attack. The screenshot of Messi scoring 68 goals for the season is from the 2nd season. During this season I was tinkering manually with some of the individual instructions of the TC.

Now in my 3rd season, I'm still using the same 4-2-3-1 formation but everything is on default. Any adjustments I make are only with different role & duties for players and/or with shouts during matches. I bought Aguero for his $45mil. release fee from Man City. They were offering him a new contract after finishing 12th in the EPL, while Real Madrid made a transfer offer. I didn't really need him, since Messi is/was my STC scoring so freely as Trequartista, but I also couldn't allow Madrid to acquire him since they were trying to improve on a bad 2nd season (they were knocked from the group stages of the CL and finished 2nd in La Liga with a big margin behind me, Mourinho barely saved his job with them). Now in January I'm awaiting the arrival of Hummels for $65mil who they also tried to sign. This is what I'm averaging so far in my 3rd season:

2013u.png

Not bad, eh? I never imagined I would achieve as high as 4.5 goals for. I hope I can keep this up until the end of the season. I'm excited to see what happens. I've had three 8-0 wins, one was in the CL away game vs Sparta Prague and one was an away La Liga game. I've also had an 11-0 home win vs Levante, where Alexis Sanchez scored 6 goals playing as AMR.

Due to the arrival of Aguero, I'm using Messi sometimes in the AMC position, either as Trequartista or Attacking Midfielder on attack duty. This is how he is doing so far:

messiprofilestats.png

This is how the rest of the team is performing:

squadstats.png

The lineup and subs you see are from my CWC final win vs Boca Juniors and is probably my best combo. Messi and Fabregas scored 2 goals each and played absolutely amazing together. Messi assisted on both Cesc's goals, while Fabregas assisted on one of Messi's goals! Fabregas was selected as the player of the tournament.

Montoya, Muniesa, Thiago Alcantara and Deulofeu have developed very nicely. Bartra and Fontas are out on loans. I'm trying to sell Villa and Bojan, haven't really used them this season. Keita, Maxwell and Affelay were sold during the 2nd season.

My tactical set up is:

Philosophy = Balanced

Passing = shorter

Tackling = defalt

Marking = Zonal

Crosses = drill crosses

Roaming = more roaming

Offside trap = never

No playmaker is selected

DR/L = fullback - attack

AMC = attacking midfielder - attack (if using Messi here, he can also be Trequartista, while Aguero plays STC)

STC = trequartista - attack (if Aguero plays, he is either Poacher or DLF - attack)

retain possession

work ball into box

If you know how the shouts work and what each of them does, you will know how and when to use them. For example, I like to start games with "pass into space" but once I take a lead of 2-3 goals, I remove it. Then when I want even more possession, I select "pass to feet". This shout control the through balls of all my players. I also like to start without "hassle opponents", but if they see a lot of the ball, then I select it. If I want even more possession, I select "play through defense" which reduces runs with ball for attacking players.

That is my update for now.

i have a similar system with my man united team (3rd season) but it is not a successful as yours by a long shot!!

my query is, do you leave all individual setting default?? also team settings like tempo, width et. do you leave these as default or do you set them too. i tend to push high up while playing slow and narrow. would love to hear your ideas on this matter.

i have a similar system with my man united team (3rd season) but it is not a successful as yours by a long shot!!

my query is, do you leave all individual setting default?? also team settings like tempo, width et. do you leave these as default or do you set them too. i tend to push high up while playing slow and narrow. would love to hear your ideas on this matter.

Yes, my individual player settings are on default. And my team settings like D-line, width, tempo and time wasting are all on default as well and changed only based on shouts or change of strategy. My passing focused is set manually always to mixed, offside trap is always set to "NO" and playmaker is selected to "NONE" manually.

Your Man United team is probably not as successful as my Barca team because of difference in quality players. Plus I do some successful man management of my players through press conferences and team talks. I'm just on a roll, but I've never done so well with Barca using other complicated tactics and instructions. Just using plain default TC settings and letting the class of my players do the business on the field, like Pep Guardiola.:)

My favorite part of my tactic is the partnership of my 4 attacking players - AMR, AMC, AML and STC.

Yes, my individual player settings are on default. And my team settings like D-line, width, tempo and time wasting are all on default as well and changed only based on shouts or change of strategy. My passing focused is set manually always to mixed, offside trap is always set to "NO" and playmaker is selected to "NONE" manually.

Your Man United team is probably not as successful as my Barca team because of difference in quality players. Plus I do some successful man management of my players through press conferences and team talks. I'm just on a roll, but I've never done so well with Barca using other complicated tactics and instructions. Just using plain default TC settings and letting the class of my players do the business on the field, like Pep Guardiola.:)

My favorite part of my tactic is the partnership of my 4 attacking players - AMR, AMC, AML and STC.

cheers for clearing that up. but my tactic is still successful currently im conceding at only 04 per game which was my target when creating the tactic. so i am more than happy to sacrifice some goals going forward. if i keep strengthening my squad hopefully i can succeed in both areas. cheers for the help

cheers for clearing that up. but my tactic is still successful currently im conceding at only 04 per game which was my target when creating the tactic. so i am more than happy to sacrifice some goals going forward. if i keep strengthening my squad hopefully i can succeed in both areas. cheers for the help

Conceding only 0.4 per games is a very good average, better than my 0.6 per game. How much does your team/tactic score per game?

Conceding only 0.4 per games is a very good average, better than my 0.6 per game. How much does your team/tactic score per game?

thats where it falters as i am only managing 2.5 but i dont mind as my striker scores the majority of goals. which is something i always prefer.

thats where it falters as i am only managing 2.5 but i dont mind as my striker scores the majority of goals. which is something i always prefer.

Wow, that is low for a top side.

Wow, that is low for a top side.

yeah it is, i just got so fed up with my defense conceding silly late/early goals well just goals in general!!!

for example in one save i was scoring at nearly 4 goals a game but was conceding at 1.5 goals a game which really pissed me off so i was determined to bring this stat down which i have finally succeeded. the only draw back is it has really brought goals for down. i just cant seem to get the balance right. but at least im doing better than before.

with my tactic i decided not to make it too complicated so i leave everything on default and just change tempo and time wasting depending on opposition (still learning this part)

oh i do make 1 change and that is for my poacher as i like to see him run on to balls then place them in the net so i do alter his settings to help me achieve this

yeah it is, i just got so fed up with my defense conceding silly late/early goals well just goals in general!!!

for example in one save i was scoring at nearly 4 goals a game but was conceding at 1.5 goals a game which really pissed me off so i was determined to bring this stat down which i have finally succeeded. the only draw back is it has really brought goals for down. i just cant seem to get the balance right. but at least im doing better than before.

with my tactic i decided not to make it too complicated so i leave everything on default and just change tempo and time wasting depending on opposition (still learning this part)

oh i do make 1 change and that is for my poacher as i like to see him run on to balls then place them in the net so i do alter his settings to help me achieve this

There's your problem. Don't play a poacher with Barca.. play Messi as a Trequartista up-front, Pedro/Villa on the left and Alexis on the right.

There's your problem. Don't play a poacher with Barca.. play Messi as a Trequartista up-front, Pedro/Villa on the left and Alexis on the right.

i dont play as barcelona i play as man united

i dont play as barcelona i play as man united

In that case, Rooney up top as either a DLF or a Trequartista with Nani on the left and Valencia on the right. Hernandez could be trained to be a pretty efficient Inside Forward IMO.

Barca Tactic Requested

Yeah, they are all doing very well, but it appears that your Messi is more creative than mine. I've changed the Strikers instructions from that tactic to make Messi score loads more. So it wont work like mine unless you change it. I can get a screenshot of the instructions if you need, it's only simple changes.

I'm getting batterred away from home with this tactic against bigger teams. They have 23 shots on goal and I have 5.

I think I have tried every single tactic available and I cannot get Barca firing, This is ridiculous.

I could probably do a better job in real life.

Am in season 2016-2017 and my third season at Barca. My first XI is

GK De Ges

RB Sankare (regen)

LB Bale

DM M'Vila

CB Piqué

CB Sahko

CM Busquets

CM Fabregas

ST Rooney

ST Aguero

ST Messi

Reserves include

Valdes

Papadoupolis

Hazard

Wilshere

Iniesta

Sanchis

An currently tearing the league averaging more than 5 goals a game after 24 games. Have won the league and champions league for past two seasons

I think I have tried every single tactic available and I cannot get Barca firing, This is ridiculous.

I could probably do a better job in real life.

You can always start with something simple like this:

My tactical set up is:

Philosophy = Balanced

Passing = shorter

Tackling = defalt

Marking = Zonal

Crosses = drill crosses

Roaming = more roaming

Offside trap = never

No playmaker is selected

DR/L = fullback - attack

retain possession

work ball into box