FM12: F.C. Barcelona – Més que un club

Marc-André ter Stegen in a few words uros. Young, very talented, can replace Valdes when ever you need him to, as he is ready for the first team already, as you will get him at the end of the second season. You may have to pay £20m+, I paid £22m for him, a lot for a relatively young an experienced goal keeper, but he will be the no 1 for may years to come! :)

Best advice I have ever heard TM! :rolleyes:

Let me elaborate, find the best regen goalkeeper you can potential wise and get Valdes to tutor him, then give him games :D Unfortunately I can't give you any names because they are regens of course!

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen 2 for the other team and 1 for my team, but never 3 for my own :D I'm suprised you only won 4 - 0?

i was surprised myself! could have easily won 6-7-8 or even by 9 goals. they did "park the bus" after losing 3 players.. lol

nev147 wrote post with "Best advice I have ever heard TM!"

:)

Thanks for advice Tactic Master, im surely looking forward to extremely search for regen goalkepper :)

I only say this because original goalkeepers cost the earth, and you can surely find a young regen goalkeeper who will turn out a lot better, like the next big thing. He might only cost you between 1mil and 6mil, whereas an original would cost you 20mil+ no doubt.

Right boys.. 1st season finish and finished in some style.. Won everything out there except for the Club Championship which, I lost on penalties.. I also got the job to manage the Great Britain U23 team for the Olympics. Some Pics to share.

6442359799_acfd9ff78d.jpg

6442362307_37bda3f1da.jpg

6442365329_6df3edbe46.jpg

6442367717_56e29829d5.jpg

Maz that is a nice season. Well done against Real M! I see that you have been active in the transfer market :D. How much did you pay for Aguero, Ganso and Azpilicueta? BTW, why buy Ganso when you have Thiago? What have you done with Montoya after getting Azpilicueta?

Maz that is a nice season. Well done against Real M! I see that you have been active in the transfer market :D. How much did you pay for Aguero, Ganso and Azpilicueta? BTW, why buy Ganso when you have Thiago? What have you done with Montoya after getting Azpilicueta?

With the Injuries the players were getting especially Messi I had no choice but to sign some of them. Sergio Aguero has a Minimum release clause of £39 million. Ganso cost me £19.5 Million and Azpilicueta cost me £6.5 Million

I brought Ganso because I desperatley needed a player like him plus Thiago is not as good (the boy has already reach his PA) and Montoya is still with me but, he's not ready for first team just yet.

very succesful season there, mind showing off your formation ?

The formation is not mine I, downloaded it from the tactics forum and made a few changes to it after converting it to tactics creator. More pics will be coming just waiting till transfer window shut's.

With the Injuries the players were getting especially Messi I had no choice but to sign some of them. Sergio Aguero has a Minimum release clause of £39 million. Ganso cost me £19.5 Million and Azpilicueta cost me £6.5 Million

I brought Ganso because I desperatley needed a player like him plus Thiago is not as good (the boy has already reach his PA) and Montoya is still with me but, he's not ready for first team just yet.

The formation is not mine I, downloaded it from the tactics forum and made a few changes to it after converting it to tactics creator. More pics will be coming just waiting till transfer window shut's.

which tactic is it you downloaded?

hey guys. i have been fighting the urge to start a barcelona save as i thought it would be too easy. but i was wrong!! im really struggling to get any sort of attack going, im playing a 451 as i am on the understanding that is the best formation for them.

back four are just your normal set up ( nothing fancy )

midfield have an anchor man then DLP and cm ( attack ) in front of him.

my problem really lies with my 2 advanced wingers whom i have as inside forward on att then my messi role as a TREQ but it just doesnt seem to work they are not connecting as they should. messi might aswell not be on the field!! i thought messi was a natural TREQ but not having any luck.

would someone please let me know what the best settings are for him? along with the inside forwards please,

i never thought i would find a barce save so difficult

I am gonna start a game as Barca today, i never start as top teams, however I am going to treat this as a career game and a challenge. I will spend NOTHING on transfers, only use spanish nationality players (even if its second nationality, this is ok)... i ve decided it will be ok to spend money on compensation but NO transfer fees at all.... see if i can create a team as good as they have now from the youth players and re-gens.

Those who are sceptical about giving Youth a chance... theres no need to worry.

If you've got a starting 11 of Xavi, Fabregas, Villa, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol and Messi, you're bound to win anyway so just include Muniesa at leftback for a few games, or Montoya at rightback and they'll play well.

I've put Jean Marie Dongou straight into the team after injuries to Villa and he's already scored 7 in 4 because he's playing with Messi and Pedro :D

It's very easy to accomodate 8/9 first teamers and then throw in some youth players.

If you've got a starting 11 of Xavi, Fabregas, Villa, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol and Messi, you're bound to win anyway so just include Muniesa at leftback for a few games, or Montoya at rightback and they'll play well.

I've put Jean Marie Dongou straight into the team after injuries to Villa and he's already scored 7 in 4 because he's playing with Messi and Pedro :D

It's very easy to accomodate 8/9 first teamers and then throw in some youth players.

Yeah, I hate buying players for big clubs it ruins the game, especially at Barca. I mean you have an amazing youth system, emulate their style IRL. I wish Dongou had a better PA, there's some vastly underrated Barca youth players in the game.

Then again I'm sure everyone thinks their favorite team's young players should be -9. :D

Meh, Champions League Semi Final against Man Utd, finishes 1-1 at Camp Nou, 6 clear cut chances for us and David Villa gets a 5.4 rating :thdn:

Fantastic passing display but the strikers had a terrible day. Away leg at OT will be tough

Wow I wonder what the odds of that are TRB!!!! Very well done! :thup: Would you like to show us some player statistics please? The league standings on their own are nice but a bit more information would be great. Players bought/sold etc. Just to get more of an understanding of your save. :)

Edit: Oh and Van der Vall looks a good player!!! :p

Just finished 1st season with Barca and won the League with 99 pts eneded up 15 clear of Real Madrid with only 1 defeat in the league. Scored 115 goals and conceded just 21.

Players in: Hulk 29m Kara 1m Guaita 2.5m Azpilcueta 7.5m

Players Out: Maxwell 4.5m Kerrison 2m Affellay 8m

Messi was top scorer in league with 34 goals Villa got 24 Sanchez 16 and Hulk managed 11 even tho he was more rotation player.

Messi topped assists aswel with 18 with Villa Sanchez Hulk Xavi and Iniesta all getting double figures also.

Champions League went well to start won all group games then got beat in 1st Knock out stage againt Lille 3-2 played very poor 2 games against them.

Spanish Cup got to semi final then got beat of Athletic Bilbao highlight was beating Real Madrid in quater final 7-0 at Nou Camp and 10-2 over the 2 legs

Signings for 2nd season so far are:- Neymar 36m Jose Angel 13m Guilherme 2m Sanogo and Falque both Free

play a 4-1-2-3 Formation

hey swisso, in my game he has only 2 stars PA :(

he can't stop scoring in the under 19s in my game though - with some help from Carlos Fierro :)

hey guys, i was wondering..

did anyone buy Fernando Llorente? He scored a lot of goals while he was in Athletic in my game (29 goals). So i decided to buy him for $35mil.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/fernandollorente2.png/

He was quite bad in the goalscoring dept except for his high assists rate (17 for assists) :)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/fernandollorente.png/

just finished 1st season with Barca and won EVERYTHING. that's right! EVERYTHING. La Liga, Champions League(against Lyon), Spanish Cup(against Valencia), Spanish Supercup, EURO Supercup, World Clubs Cup. Won the league with 102 pts, unbeaten(W32 D6), scored 113 concede 24, and finished 12 ahead of Real. Didn't sign or sell a single player.

David Villa scored 59 goals(34 in league), Lionel Messi got 34(22), Alexis Sanchez nailed 21(13), Pedro banged 21(11). 4 players passed the 20 goals mark!

Have just signed Jose Enrique for £22mil(yah i know its a bit much), and set to land Marc-Andre ter Stegen. Released Eric Albidal, Jose Manuel Pinto and Alex Hleb.

Plays 4 across the back, 2 central midfielders, 1 attacking mid, 2 wingers, and a centre forward.

Viva Barca!

Sounds a bit like my first season, except i drew 1 and lost 3 in the league. 103 points, scoring record of 109-9. Never managed such a good defensive record before.

Fontas was the biggest surprise playing alongside Piqué at DC and averaged around 7.70 and scored quite a few goals. Otherwise no real surprises. Bought Lahm and Agüero.

Sounds a bit like my first season, except i drew 1 and lost 3 in the league. 103 points, scoring record of 109-9. Never managed such a good defensive record before.

Fontas was the biggest surprise playing alongside Piqué at DC and averaged around 7.70 and scored quite a few goals. Otherwise no real surprises. Bought Lahm and Agüero.

Agüero, I'm guessing you payed his release clause fee? How are you incorporating him in your team?

Just finished the 2019/20 season and won 5 competitions altogether (lost to R.Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup playing a 2nd string team).

Only a couple interesting points:

My striker who finally took over Messi as undisputed striker showed me I made the right decision in picking him. Ended up breaking all kinds of records. Could have definitely scored more if he didn't miss a month of injuries as well as rotation of the squad.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4350/jrgenstangoverviewattri.png

Also, the previous summer I had a news item I'd never seen before.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3276/michaelajibadenewsinbox.png

Does anyone know what this is? I think I got it because my bank balance reached £1bn because as soon as I checked my finances I only had £700m left.

Yes it is Mikeaji, the same happened to me on Fm10. It is to do with the amount of 0's I believe. Or that's what a lot of people say. FM can not handle the extra 0. So your balance cannot just, grow and grow. Stang seems to have developed nicely!!! :thup:

Agüero, I'm guessing you payed his release clause fee? How are you incorporating him in your team?

Correct. I used him as replacement on various different attacking positions: SC for Messi as trequartista, AML/AMR for Villa, Pedro and Sanchez as inside forward, and MC for Iniesta as advanced playmaker (obvoiusly very out of position for him).

Generally he didn't do too well in either role, howecer once in a while he had a stormer on SC. In season 2 we've fallen so much out that he refuses to even speak to me. Was looking to offload him because of this and bought a 16 year old Italian newgen as replacement striker. Got Neymar as well. Messi scored 8 in a cup game but is now out injured for 2 months so this might be Agüero's last chance.

I have a 100 % winning record in all competitions in November so it's going pretty well.

Just finished the 2019/20 season and won 5 competitions altogether (lost to R.Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup playing a 2nd string team).

Only a couple interesting points:

My striker who finally took over Messi as undisputed striker showed me I made the right decision in picking him. Ended up breaking all kinds of records. Could have definitely scored more if he didn't miss a month of injuries as well as rotation of the squad.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4350/jrgenstangoverviewattri.png

Also, the previous summer I had a news item I'd never seen before.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3276/michaelajibadenewsinbox.png

Does anyone know what this is? I think I got it because my bank balance reached £1bn because as soon as I checked my finances I only had £700m left.

Very good player :thup:

Be interstering to see his progress.

Could you post a picture of Messi's profile and his history, please?

Yes it is Mikeaji, the same happened to me on Fm10. It is to do with the amount of 0's I believe. Or that's what a lot of people say. FM can not handle the extra 0. So your balance cannot just, grow and grow. Stang seems to have developed nicely!!! :thup:

Ah ok fair enough, thanks for clearing that up! Yeah he's doing well performance-wise but I'm getting pretty frustrated with his attribute development as one week he'll have a few increases here and there then for no such reason his attributes drop so he's back to square one. Is this just the attributes somehow balancing themselves out? I think he's pretty much hit his peak anyhow.

How is your save?

Correct. I used him as replacement on various different attacking positions: SC for Messi as trequartista, AML/AMR for Villa, Pedro and Sanchez as inside forward, and MC for Iniesta as advanced playmaker (obvoiusly very out of position for him).

Generally he didn't do too well in either role, howecer once in a while he had a stormer on SC. In season 2 we've fallen so much out that he refuses to even speak to me. Was looking to offload him because of this and bought a 16 year old Italian newgen as replacement striker. Got Neymar as well. Messi scored 8 in a cup game but is now out injured for 2 months so this might be Agüero's last chance.

I have a 100 % winning record in all competitions in November so it's going pretty well.

Wow, it must be bittersweet having so many different combinations you can play. Have you given him an extended run in the team yet? Maybe he just needs time to settle in or something although it can't be that bad for him seeing as he played for Atletico for so many years. What's his value at now? If selling are you looking to recoup the majority of the transfer fee or are you just looking to get him off your team (and hefty wage I presume).

Very good player :thup:

Be interstering to see his progress.

Could you post a picture of Messi's profile and his history, please?

Thank you :D

Ofcourse:

Profile - http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5641/lionelmessioverviewprof.png

History - http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6361/lionelmessihistorycaree.png

Going to start my Barca save. Has anyone tried signing Jordi Alba from Valencia? Looking at him as a potential replacement for Abidal. Going to focus on youth development like I always do, but will add a star if the price is right

I've started my first game on FM12 with Barcelona, as I usually do to get confortable with all the new things, and though I've played just a few games and with good results (preseason, supercups and a couple of league games) I've detected some performance issues that I'm not sure how to face to tweak.

I've decided to use a 3-4-3 as main tactic, looking as this: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kharnete/Screens/3-4-3-1.jpg

Though the good results, I'm having troubles with two things:

1.- Iniesta and Cesc (or Thiago/Keita/whoever plays there). I can't get them much involved with the offensive plays. They do a great job pressing and sometimes they have a chance or two to assist or shot, but extremly far from what I wanted, specialy Cesc. Maybe placing him more advanced as trequartista? It feels a bit risky on defense. And Iniesta?

2.- I have thousands of chances and shots every game without much luck, specialy when I have the ball (against Madrid, 27 shots, only 6 from outside the box). Actually, most of my goals come from counters, while most of my chances come from normal plays. Is a bit frustrating :p

As bonus, the goals in the Spanish Supercup against Madrid (1st leg 0-1, 2nd leg 3-0). The second goal (1-0 of 2nd leg) is so Romarioish :D

[video=youtube;biCZVJA74xM]

Archived