FM12: F.C. Barcelona – Més que un club

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you guys think about Botia, you can buy him for 2.5 million euro's. I think he is great for backup.

bought him for back up at the start of my second season so not played too much but done good when needed so i think for that sort of money & home grown status you cant got wrong :)

Just finished my first season. I have won everything that there is to win. Messi was really great he scored in total 123 times:

messirules.jpg

Just a quick wondering question like as I see you have Messi available for the Barcelona B team, now I know in real life Messi wants to play every minute of every game but even he'd draw a line at a B team run out. :) Surely the risk outweighs the benefits, I mean I always wanted Messi fully fit and firing for big games so whilst I didn't rest him greatly, I took him off in safe scoreline games and didn't for one second think about letting him have a kick around in B team, even if returning from injury. So did he play many B team matches?

Oh and I also signed Botia, hasn't featured much for first team but is a good backup if need and is a key figure in my B team, cany go wrong considering £2.5m outlay.

Just a quick wondering question like as I see you have Messi available for the Barcelona B team, now I know in real life Messi wants to play every minute of every game but even he'd draw a line at a B team run out. :) Surely the risk outweighs the benefits, I mean I always wanted Messi fully fit and firing for big games so whilst I didn't rest him greatly, I took him off in safe scoreline games and didn't for one second think about letting him have a kick around in B team, even if returning from injury. So did he play many B team matches?

Oh and I also signed Botia, hasn't featured much for first team but is a good backup if need and is a key figure in my B team, cany go wrong considering £2.5m outlay.

I have bought Botia as a backup, because the low transfer fee.

Messi played only one game for the B team, because I saw that they were going down. So I had made my whole first team available for the b team. They won and didnt go down. But I dont let messi play for them again because he got injured for 2 months.

Just finished my first season. I have won everything that there is to win. Messi was really great he scored in total 123 times:

messirules.jpg

I have never had so many goals in my league:

leaguebarca.jpg

overviewuj.jpg

I only bought dede, the brazilian centreback. Botia is coming in the next transferwindows for 2.5 million as a backup because Puyol is declining fast.

Wow, this is amazing! 123 goals for Messi? This is sick! And you average 4.2 goals for and 0.8 against. Great job!

BTW, Dede is amazing CB. I've had him on a previous Barca save. Him and Pique make a great partnership.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to replace Abidal, cannot decide who to buy. I have the following bids accepted:

Jose Angel 15m

Aly Cissohko 12m

Criscito 20m

or the sexy choice...... Bale for 40m!!

How's Bale at LB anyways?

I need to replace Abidal, cannot decide who to buy. I have the following bids accepted:

Jose Angel 15m

Aly Cissohko 12m

Criscito 20m

or the sexy choice...... Bale for 40m!!

How's Bale at LB anyways?

First of all, Bale cant play LB. He has very bad marking and tackling skills as well as positioning. So no! He is awesome when it comes to AML/ML but no LB.

My pick would be Jose Angel. Criscito is a little better when it comes to marking and tackling. But Jose Angel has a few good mental attributes, very good pace and acceleration and better consistency, but whats more importand he has much better work rate and team work. And he is cheaper.

Aly Cissokho is the worst so I wouldnt take him!

Option 5, Jordi Alba. ;)

Out of those, Jose Angel.

I would still take Jose Angel. He is taller and stronger, and thats exactly what you need for LB and much,much better LB than Alba. And he will improve faster than Alba.

Edit:

If you are looking for future than Jose Angel is the second best LB after Chiellini. I said if you are looking for the future so I dont count Evra and Cole and others who are old and they cant improve anymore!

Depends what you want your left back for, if you're Barcelona then height and strength are the last attributes you'd be looking for.

I dont agree. Barcelona is attacking team, with a lot of good technical players and I suppose he is play attacking tactic. So he needs solid defence. Good LB has to have good marking, tackling, positioning, work rate and good mental attributes. Jose Angel has good crossing which is one more plus and he is decent technical player, not like Alves but good enough to be Barca's LB! With attacking team you need player capable to stop opponent's players, because midfield players dont have that good marking and tackling.

When I manage Barcelona I always have very solid defence with players who can play on more than one position in defence! Chiellini can play LB,DC... Puyol can play RB and LB, Otamendi RB,DC, so I have ability to rotate them if I have to.

My DEF players: Chiellini, Pique, Puyol, Alves, Otamendi, Mascherano.

Thiago Silva, Kompany, Phil Jones, Sakho, Otamendi and Chiellini!

It is also smart to play Mascherano as DC. He has bad heading and jumping, but I wouldnt take this as a problem, only if you have other tall players in your first eleven!

These players are young. You can play them more than 5 season. Now if you want it I can do a little comparasion for you!

By the way Gipsy, cheers for the patch! Working brilliantly! And i haven't had any of the bug issues you mentioned can happen in January!

really? nothing happened on january 2nd with the contracts status of your b and u19 teams ? u lucky B..... though I ma puzzled now, why would this happen on some games and not on others, even SI had the issue when they tried the patch....

really? nothing happened on january 2nd with the contracts status of your b and u19 teams ? u lucky B..... though I ma puzzled now, why would this happen on some games and not on others, even SI had the issue when they tried the patch....

I have no idea either! I made screenshots on the 30th, as you advised. Got to 2nd Jan and it hadn't changed any of their contract status' :D

how does it help him? My thinking is that, if he has high closing down, he will just be chasing everyone, whereas if it is low he will be floating, looking for space waiting for the ball to come to him.

Quick question, I'm struggling to get Messi dribbling, he is passing too much. Do you have any ideas?

Curret set up is: Ment is about 16-18 click

CF max

Runs with ball often

RFD rarely/sometimes

passing mixed

no thur balls

No crossing

moves into channels

target man to feet

no closing down and tackling easy

Hi Chaps - Just starting a Barce save - any tips on who to bring in as temp cover for Puyol? Don't really wanna spend too much, as I wanna get Damiao as an additional striker - thanks :-)

Edit: I have just seen this answered above, but Jones, Otamendia etc are all too expensive for a emp solution .- ta

Hi Chaps - Just starting a Barce save - any tips on who to bring in as temp cover for Puyol? Don't really wanna spend too much, as I wanna get Damiao as an additional striker - thanks :-)

Edit: I have just seen this answered above, but Jones, Otamendia etc are all too expensive for a emp solution .- ta

Mascherano, Muniesa and Fontas are all good temporary cover solutions for free

Started my save with Barcelona I brought in Kara, Vertonghen and Munain.

will upload some screenies of first few results.

Anybody got a screenshot of Rafinha after a few years has he is rated 4.5 starts by my coaching staff.

Just started a quick game with these now, won the Super Cup by the skin of my teeth though, they were both true "Clasico's" though!

Leg 1: Real Madrid 2 - 4 Barcelona

Benzema (47,89) - Villa (24)

---------------- - Sanchez (34,54)

---------------- - Rodri (83)

Leg 2: Barcelona 3 - 4 Real Madrid

Pique (3) - Ronaldo (5,15,48)

Villa (88) - Ozil (42)

Fontas (93 aet)

Alves sent off (120+2) - Alonso sent off (45+2)

So we won 7-6 on aggregate, two fantastic matches. Until Villa scored in the 88th minute were were losing 6-5 on aggregate, and Fontas' header in extra time was magnificent and gave us the win.

Messi is unfortunately injured for 2 months, and Valdes injured for 3 months so it gives me a chance to test Rafinha and Thiago out at least! Rodri, the young striker, has got 3 goals from 4 games including friendlies and he'll probably play the cup games for me, looking forward to it!

Tense games there d0bi! Congrats on the win though.

Started a game with these a week or so ago. Currently in February, top of the league, still in the cups but going to start another game with them now. Kinda ruined this save by splashing big money for the likes of Bale and Hummels, whereas in my new save I'd rather focus on the youth players and will probably set myself rules with transfers; such as only signing u18's etc.

Used this save for testing tactics too and have been pretty successful with this as my main set up showing my initial lineup:

GK (SK) Valdes

RB (WB) Alves

LB (WB) Abidal

CBR (CDS) Mascherano

CBL (CDC) Pique

DMR (DLP) Busquets

DML (DMS) Xavi

CM (AVP) Fabregas

RW (W) Sanchez

LW (IF) Iniesta

ST (T) Messi

Team instructions on control include shorter passing, more disciplined, pressing, cautios tackles, zonal marking and stick to position.

Normal defensive line, slow tempo and narrow width.

Tactic has proved okay at keeping possession, usually around the 60% mark so could be better. Averaged around 3 goals per game and 0.5 conceded.

Just a quick question, has anyone experienced the dreaded negative effect of tutoring with barce? ie players falling out etc.

Anybody got a screenshot of Rafinha after a few years has he is rated 4.5 starts by my coaching staff.

I developed Rafa and he was unreal! I'll try find a screenshot after my exams! developed more than his bro for me...

Yeah i've decided I will only sign one or at most two Over-18 players each season and rely almost solely on youth. Should make things interesting!

Sanchez for me playing as a Poacher next to Villa as an advanced forward is sensational.

hi guys in my current save summer 2014 i got offered the job as barca coach after they offered me 200m transfer budget i was in charge of bayern and after winning 2 league and one cup i found it hard to make another step to champions league and what ive found at barca are aging players and all the best youth sold of so i guess im re-building the best team in Europe so i guess ill be posting updates etc here to keep anyone that cares in the loop

hi guys in my current save summer 2014 i got offered the job as barca coach after they offered me 200m transfer budget i was in charge of bayern and after winning 2 league and one cup i found it hard to make another step to champions league and what ive found at barca are aging players and all the best youth sold of so i guess im re-building the best team in Europe so i guess ill be posting updates etc here to keep anyone that cares in the loop

Hope for good seasons!

I had a great save with Barca on FM11 but I haven't tried them out on this game yet. What are the youth prospects like each year? Is there consistency, such as 2+ decent players coming through each year (due to La Masía) or are they random?

ok after getting my backroom staff in place martain keown in as my ass manager i have set the wheels in motion to get this club back to winning ways and after seeing madrid spend big on some superstars its time i get the club back to producing its own players with a little sprinkle of worldbeaters, so first transfer in Marouane Fellanini 20m i need this so back with sergio busquets sold to inter before i got to the club i really need a good DM so that is my buy the attack look pretty much the same as it has been over the years but really need to inject youth into the defence. about to play madrid in the spanish supper cup so wish me luck

ok after getting my backroom staff in place martain keown in as my ass manager i have set the wheels in motion to get this club back to winning ways and after seeing madrid spend big on some superstars its time i get the club back to producing its own players with a little sprinkle of worldbeaters, so first transfer in Marouane Fellanini 20m i need this so back with sergio busquets sold to inter before i got to the club i really need a good DM so that is my buy the attack look pretty much the same as it has been over the years but really need to inject youth into the defence. about to play madrid in the spanish supper cup so wish me luck

You sold Busquets ? Why is that good ?

yeah he was gone before i got to the club, might try and get him back if the transfer is under 30m good news is messi is scoring at will for me but his natural poss is amc not st so gonna train the st poss for him hes 27 so hopefully he can lead the line for another few

years as alot of cash will have to be spent on my def in the coming seasons

Ive been using Iniesta as an advanced playmaker in cm or as an inside forward on the left wing. Average rating is 0.6 higher on average when hes played on the left compared to in the middle. Despite that I've actually used him in the cm postition opting more for the likes of Messi, Pedro, Villa, Sanchez and Affellay on the wings.

Starting one with Barca.

Going for a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation, is it worth shifting Iniesta to AML to accommodate Fabregas in the middle?

Ive been using Iniesta as an advanced playmaker in cm or as an inside forward on the left wing. Average rating is 0.6 higher on average when hes played on the left compared to in the middle. Despite that I've actually used him in the cm postition opting more for the likes of Messi, Pedro, Villa, Sanchez and Affellay on the wings.

I did the same as sniell with similar results but also opted for the cm slot more. His increased ratings were mainly down to scoring more from AML I think. I generally rotated Fabregas with Iniesta.

I did the same as sniell with similar results but also opted for the cm slot more. His increased ratings were mainly down to scoring more from AML I think. I generally rotated Fabregas with Iniesta.

Think thats the same with me with regards to iniesta scoring more from the left wing, majority of my goals seem to come from the front 3.

Managing this team is so fun. I did a season as Madrid on a different save and got destroyed by Barca in the league, so thought I'd give it a go as them, and see if I could do the same. I'm 11 games into the season, with 10 wins, 42 goals scored and only 5 conceded, this team is amazing. I had doubts as to whether I'd be able to get similar results to you guys with Messi, especially when he was awful in a 5-0 away drubbing in the 1st leg of the Super Cup, but since La Liga started he's been electric. 16 goals in 10 league appearances with 6 assists and an average rating of 8.78, he's been incredible. David Villa's not been bad either, 14 goals in 8 appearances, 5 assists, 4 MOTM awards and an average rating of 8.73, not too shabby.

I've also had tremendous support from the young Barca B Team graduates. Cuenca, Bartra, Thiago, Montoya and Muniesa have been superb. Abidal and Puyol got injured at the same time, and I worried for a bit, but I've been amazed at how well Bartra and Muniesa have performed, Bartra's actually out-played Pique this season. Thiago has been excellent in the games he's played too, chipping in with a couple of goals, and Cuenca, who I was told to get rid of by Vilanova has outplayed Pedro. I couldn't have asked for more from this squad.

I normally like going into a team, selling the back-up players and re-building the squad, but you just don't need to do that with Barca. I've sold Afellay and replaced him with Willian, but that's the only signing I've made, and it's the only one I need to make. Don't get me wrong, I've got my eye on Neymar, David Alaba and had a brief bidding exchange with Athletic for Llorente, but I don't really need any of them. The only guy I definitely want to buy is Adil Rami as a long-term replacement for Puyol, and maybe keep an eye out for a decent left back, maybe from Valencia too, in Jordi Alba. It's going to be weird having so much money at the start of the 2nd season and no-one to spend it on, Pep did far too good a job building this squad!

Archived