FM12: F.C. Barcelona – Més que un club

looking for a left back... shall I go for Alba (like irl probably) or jose Angel? Restarted a game with a file that modifies the Liga so that reserve team and u19 team behave like in France England etc. So far Messi is better than irl : 45 games played and 68 goals and the season is not over yet, I think it's the best I got from him.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looking for a left back... shall I go for Alba (like irl probably) or jose Angel? Restarted a game with a file that modifies the Liga so that reserve team and u19 team behave like in France England etc. So far Messi is better than irl : 45 games played and 68 goals and the season is not over yet, I think it's the best I got from him.

Where can I find that file, because I don't like the way it works now

there you go mate, it really adds to the fun, now I can assign who manages the reserve and u19, decide training, tactic etc. Hope you'll enjoy :)

With this patch you can solve it:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21358308/Espa%C3%B1a.dbc

That includes:

- La liga

- 2ª División

- 2ª División B (4 groups)

- 3ª División (18 groups)

- Regional Preferente (39 groups)

- Primera Regional (only Galicia, 4 groups)

- Segunda Regional (only Galicia, 12 groups)

For the record it is the only player i intend to sign as there are no real good prospects at the club for this position and Abidal got injured, so I might replace him earlier than planned. I might sign some youngsters in the future.

I had one season(might have more) just to have some fun with the game and I won the Copa Del Rey, beat Napoli 2-1 in the champions league final, knocked RealMadrid out in the semi final 4-2 on aggregate. Won the league with 94 points, Real had 92 but crazily with 4 games left I was three points behind them..

Until they came to the Nou Camp and I won 7-0!? Villa scored 4. This was sandwiched between the semi final win over them :D

Messi had 50 goals and 30 assists

anyone knows an alternative to imageshack> you need to register... I rarely post screenies but Messi's season was insane, he didnt get injured or maybe max 3 days here and there. The result? 59 apps-90 goals and 22 assists :D

Wow, that's amazing! The most I've had Messi score is 77 goals (49 in La Liga) from 55(2) appearances.

Looking at your screenshot, it is from the first season. How did you play Messi, position/role? I've always played Messi as STC in Trequartista role, but when he scored 77 goals on my save, was in the 2nd season and I played him as Complete Forward (support) in 4-3-3 (back 4 + 3MCs + AMRL + STC).

Did you use him as target man with supply to feet?

Nice skin, Yonko. Which one is it?

Steklo X2 with some personal changes. And before you ask, it is not available for download. The original Steklo X2 is, however, in the Skinning section of the forum.

Wow, that's amazing! The most I've had Messi score is 77 goals (49 in La Liga) from 55(2) appearances.

Looking at your screenshot, it is from the first season. How did you play Messi, position/role? I've always played Messi as STC in Trequartista role, but when he scored 77 goals on my save, was in the 2nd season and I played him as Complete Forward (support) in 4-3-3 (back 4 + 3MCs + AMRL + STC).

Did you use him as target man with supply to feet?

Hi Yonko,

Indeed its the first seson. I restarted a game with a dbc file that modifies the liga in a way that you have more control over the reserve and u19 teams. By doing so, I can now set tactics and training for these teams. Also when i pick up my team for a game I can now esily include players from the other team, as a matter of fact, i always let my assistant pick up the subs with A and B teams selected.

It is the best game I ever played so far, allowing me to regularly test players from the reserve. In that season I think I scored over 200 goals lol. I intend to try and develop Barca players, meaning no purchases at all except for youngsters (max 17 years old). The only exception to this rule is the LB position, I could retrain Muniesa or Pique (couple of seasons in, he was the best LB in the world after having been retrained) but I want both of them to play as DC's on this game. So as there is a lack of good LB, I brought Angel from Roma

Back on topic, yes I use Messi as a TQ, he is indeed set as a target man with supply to feet.

the players around him are:

MCR: Xavi or Keyta (DLP support) playmaker

MCL: Iniesta or Fabregas (AP attacking)

AMR(inside forward): Sanchez or Pedro with closing down 3 or four bars below max

AML(inside forward): Villa or Cuenca(tutored by Villa) with closing down to the max. At the end of the season if Bojan comes back, he will spend some time in the reserve while learning AML position and will gradually replace Villa :)

Well just finished my season as Barca manager and its been a great one :). I have won the league, champions league, super cup, super copa and Copa Del rey basically everything :grin:.

I went through the whole season unbeaten P38 W35 D3 L0 F 114 A 16 Pts 108, my most enjoyable save after cant wait to start my second season.

I did not sign anyone first season, but am looking for someone to replace Abidal at left back maybe Jose Angel or Jose Enrique?

Any other reccomendations on who to sign? I have £40m to spend so just dont want to spend for sake of it

Any opinions would be welcome :)

Cheers

LG

Hi Gooner, doing the same and like you just signed a LB, I was hesitating between Angel and Alba. Angel is class but I am sure Alba wont disappoint, I might bring him to my team at a later stage if I cannot get a good LB coming from the club

Hi Yonko,

Indeed its the first seson. I restarted a game with a dbc file that modifies the liga in a way that you have more control over the reserve and u19 teams. By doing so, I can now set tactics and training for these teams. Also when i pick up my team for a game I can now esily include players from the other team, as a matter of fact, i always let my assistant pick up the subs with A and B teams selected.

It is the best game I ever played so far, allowing me to regularly test players from the reserve. In that season I think I scored over 200 goals lol. I intend to try and develop Barca players, meaning no purchases at all except for youngsters (max 17 years old). The only exception to this rule is the LB position, I could retrain Muniesa or Pique (couple of seasons in, he was the best LB in the world after having been retrained) but I want both of them to play as DC's on this game. So as there is a lack of good LB, I brought Angel from Roma

Back on topic, yes I use Messi as a TQ, he is indeed set as a target man with supply to feet.

the players around him are:

MCR: Xavi or Keyta (DLP support) playmaker

MCL: Iniesta or Fabregas (AP attacking)

AMR(inside forward): Sanchez or Pedro with closing down 3 or four bars below max

AML(inside forward): Villa or Cuenca(tutored by Villa) with closing down to the max. At the end of the season if Bojan comes back, he will spend some time in the reserve while learning AML position and will gradually replace Villa :)

So you play Messi pretty much the same way I do, except I do not have him selected as target man. I also use 2 Inside Forwards, Advanced Playmaker (support) and DLP (support). Where do you use Thiago? I use him as back up for Iniesta, while Cesc is back up to Xavi.

BTW, you don't have to retrain Muniesa, he already is accomplished at LB. I've had a few Barca saves and in all of them he turns out to be very good LB in the future if you give him the right training schedule and tutoring.

then i advise you to try it, he is devastating, add to this supply to feet and closing down to the max and voila :D Unfortunately my game had an error yesterday so i lost a month of play which I will try to do tonight but as things stands I am in mid february of season 2 and Messi has already scored 60 goals, he is simply a machine! :D

Concerning Thiago he is also a backup for the moment though Tito has advised me that he is ready for more 1st team football now, he has been tutored by both Iniesta and Fabregas. here is how I play Thiago and Sergi Roberto (tutored by both Xavi and Keita)

MCR: Xavi or Keita (DLP support) playmaker - backup Roberto

MCL: Iniesta or Fabregas (AP attacking) - backup Thiago

I know that in theory I dont need to retrain Muniesa but as he is not natural at LB I placed him on LB training in my previous save. On this game I use him as a DC, here is how my back four looks like:

DR: Alves-Montoya Backup Femenia (retrained as RB as there is now way he will break in the 1st team as an AMR, I have Pedro and Sanchez there

DC: (Cover) Pique-Bartra

DC: (Stopper) Masche (retrained) Puyol backup Muniesa (currently tutored by Puyol) who will integrate 1st team at the end of season 2

DL: Angel-Abidal I am currently using Planas as a backup (tutored by Abidal)

there is a real lack of good LB's at Barca so if Plnas isn't satisfying, I think I will bring Alba in.

My target on this game is to buy players only if really necessary, otherwise I rely fully on the B and U19 teams.

Gipsy I am using the custom file you send me. But I find that all my players in the "B" team and the u19 team are set to key players and 0 euro asking price. They are complaining that they arent getting enough play time. Do you have that same problem?

actually yes :( thank you for confirming it. I have raised the issue in the bugs forum and someone at SI offered to have a look at the dbc file, hopefully they will be able to find a solution. in the mean time what I do is the following: since this happens on the 1st of january and the 1st of july, I usually take a screenshot of both the B and U19teams to have their contract status and I manually change them back to what they were before. It's true it is not ideal, but for the Liga is much more enjoyable playing with this file so I accept this little negative point :)

actually yes :( thank you for confirming it. I have raised the issue in the bugs forum and someone at SI offered to have a look at the dbc file, hopefully they will be able to find a solution. in the mean time what I do is the following: since this happens on the 1st of january and the 1st of july, I usually take a screenshot of both the B and U19teams to have their contract status and I manually change them back to what they were before. It's true it is not ideal, but for the Liga is much more enjoyable playing with this file so I accept this little negative point :)

Oh oke, I am also going to do that. If this is all. But i am enjoying playing with this dbc.

I'm in my third season as managing Barcelona is quite fun, more fun than I thought it would be. Current squad

GK - Valdes/ Delac (loan)

RB - D.Alves/Montoya

CB - Puyol/Batra

CB - Pique/ Otamendi

LB - Adriano/Abidal

DM - Maschrano/Busquets

CM - Xavi/ Cesc

CM - Iniesta/Thiago

Left Attacker - Messi/Pedro

Right Attacker - Sanchez/Regen

Striker - Neymar/Villa

Thiago's brother Rafhina is cover at CM but he isn't progressing well. Samper is 2 years younger and is better than him. My future plan is to have an all Spanish side ( I just always wanted to manage Neymar..so he's the exception) I have 6 or 7 4 star youngsters. One DM at 17 can probably start in the league now.

I need a left back, any suggestions?

I have Bojan in the B team. He refuses to leave! Despite saying he would never come back to Barcelona in real life. He rejected the £21m offer from Roma :mad:

Second season

La Liga: 1st 99 points, 10 ahead of Real Madrid

Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid 3 - 1 Barcelona in the final :(

Champions League: Semi Final Marseille 1-0 Barcelona on AGG

Third season so far only a handful of games left

La Liga: 1st by 7 points, 3 games left.

Copa Del Rey: Lost in the Quarters to Atletico Madrid - The final has a Adelante side Numancia in the final

Champions League: Final vs Bayern.

Random La Liga stuff

C.Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid.

Higuain is a goal machine

Granada are becoming a force

I have not yet won at Sevilla in 3 attempts - two draws and one defeat. One of the few teams to outplay me stupid.

Random fact. I can't win in France. I've played Marseille twice in France, both times lost 1-0. Lost to Lyon twice away, luckily I knocked them out in the return leg in one them. But I hate French teams. Mananda and Lloris have super games against me constantly.

I was thinking Alba but he's had two long term injuries at Valencia and his stats now are nothing special. Angel is at Porto and they rejected £32m for him :eek: I might just poach a promising left back from a Spanish side and throw him into the deep end :D

Just finished my first season. I have won everything that there is to win. Messi was really great he scored in total 123 times:

messirules.jpg

I have never had so many goals in my league:

leaguebarca.jpg

overviewuj.jpg

I only bought dede, the brazilian centreback. Botia is coming in the next transferwindows for 2.5 million as a backup because Puyol is declining fast.

I'm happy that my game isn't playing like some others, in my first season we scored a cracking 128 goals in league and Messi scored 45 in 48 in all comps (had us 4 players on 20+ goals), if Messi had got 123, 5 less overall than what my team managed for league games, I'd not be too impressed or happy, just feels way too much and the fun wouldn't be there for me, congrats on however you managed it mind and each to own.

Archived