FM12 : Fulham FC Thread - Just Beat It

elgreenio

Dos Santos is pretty much injured all the time for me as well, I should probably give him an easier training schedule or play him less agressively. The same goes for Wilfried.

For 4 mill you can actually get quite a few players when you pay over 48 months, this will put more pressure to the finances though. For me the best signings have been Shawcross, Vrasljko and Wilfried (scores some fantastic goals despite all the injuries). Also Jali is very good midfielder for the price, I think I paid 400K for him after elgreenio's recommendation. Erick Torres is also good but I have problems playing him as I am not playing his natural position (AMC) in my tactics so I usually play him as a striker (he creates lots of chances but is not good in finishing).

Got my second defeat in league against Arsenal and beat Sunderland after this so the league stats after 26 games look following: W19 / D5 / L2. Still first but ManU is losing with 2 points and has a game in hand, ManC is 3 points off. Chelsea got rid of Villas-Boas and Sunderland sacked Bruce.

Lost the first leg of my first knock-out round against Shaktar away 0:1 - was a difficult game and was lucky not to have conceeded more. The second leg was quite nervous, Shaktar had the better first half but they were unable to score (which would have put me virtually out as I would have had to score 3 after that). Got the goal just before the break to take the game 1:1 on aggregate. I was better in the second half but couldn't find the winner. So extra time, I was dominating it mostly but Shaktar had they chances from the counters. 121 minutes played, Sidwell crosses from the deep, Zamora gets to the end of it and makes it 2:1. Next up PSG.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd steer well clear of 48month deals, it'll be a killer when the massive loan repayments kick in. What positions are you after with the 4mil Jessy? You may want to loan a wide player (try Draxler or there's another young German lad who plays for Dortmund you could get) as I found I was caught short a bit if Ruiz/Dempsey got injured. Apart from that i'd say to see if you can pick up somebody like Kovacic or Strootman as a young CM to step in when Murphy declines (I went for Gibson as he was cheap and made for adequate prem experienced backup). Looking at your league stats you must be pretty much safe i'd imagine so no real need to spend on older players to see you through the season, you've got the freedom to bring some players in to start their development.

Though typing that i've completely missed the fact you may wish to look at a goalkeeper for next season, is Ospina's contract expiring on your game?

Yeah I know. It's the price I pay against the more quality teams when I play with just one centre back but I dominated possession and created some really good chances. Once I'm able to bring in a little more quality I'll be able to see those games out.

Yeah i do. Against Chelsea and Liverpool it's been "ok", I haven't lost to either of them yet. Against teams with pace it's a nightmare (Man U, Spurs, Villa). My team doesn't play badly, far from it but the obvious risks of counter attacks often leaves one-on-ones.

What I'm trying to do is create that Barca philosophy of keeping the ball and pressing hard up the pitch. For the most part it's working well but I don't have Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta or Fabregas. I have Gecov, Murphy, Sidwell and Etuhu so it's not going to be perfect just yet. It's playing a lot like the current Chelsea team IRL instead.

Here's an update for the first half of the first season:

League Table

englishpremierdivisionoj.png

Current Squad

fulhamsquadplayers.png

Current Tactic

fulhamtacticsoverview.png

The playlist for all my matches is here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL948FFA3E193446F0

As you can see almost all my goals come from the strikers and all the ratings and morale etc is all quite good. Welbeck's been great. He's made a lot of assists as well as being my top goalscorer so far. Zamora's missed a few chances but still scored a good amount. I need to get my wide players scoring more though, so I'll be looking into that, seeing how I can improve. My priority is DM though - big time. The problem is I have no cash at all now. I had to put my transfer budget onto the wages in order to offer contracts to those who are ending at the end of the season.

I lost Kit Symons and Mark Bowen to clubs who wanted them to be Assistant Managers because I couldn't offer them good contracts. Financially it's a struggle so far. I think doing well in Europe has been bringing in a couple of £100k a month so I'm able to be in profit despite the loan payments.

There's been a few managerial changes in the Prem so far though:

Arsenal: Louis van Gaal

Aston Villa: Michael Laudrup

Blackburn: Steve Kean

Bolton: Glenn Roeder

Chelsea: Vilas-Boas

Everton: Moyes

Fulham: Me

Liverpool: Dalglish

Man City: Mancini

Man United: Ferguson

Newcastle: Shearer

Norwich: Lambert

QPR: Warnock

Stoke: Pulis

Sunderland: Mick McCarthy

Swansea: Rodgers

Tottenham: Redknapp

West Brom: Hodgson

Wigan: Martinez

Wolves: Mike Phelan

Wenger took over France but the other managers were sacked.

Trying to bolster the attack and looking for a centre back since ive got an offer for 27 million for hangeland from mancini's millionaires. Ive tried to grab gibson but he doesnt want to enter into negotations (none of my intended targerts ever seem to do). Just checked this Ospina you've mentioned and he seems a perfect replacement for Mark S , just signed a new deal but i'll try to grab him now anyway :thup:

Going to take your advice and press on with the youth development since it has been paying off so far , Kasami in particular is a gem.

@liuzzi managed to grab Jali and hes really impressing so far thanks

Just had time for one game yesterday, beat WBA away 2:0 with late goals from Dempsey and Riise and took the first place in the league back as ManU drawed with Arsenal. Have 11 games left in the league, will be trying to finish the season over the weekend and upload some screenshots after that.

bothered: Good position at the half way stage, nice to see welbs banging in the goals for you, too! Have you looked at different roles for your wingers if you want more goals from them? In a different save I am playing an experimental tactic as well (2-3-2-3), do you adjust sliders during the game or just through the shouts?

JessyL5: I wish I got an offer like that for Hangeland! Was it all upfront?

So I am now into January of Season 1.

Got the last few games of December which included the good the bad and the damn right ugly. The good occurred with a 3-1 away win to Swansea followed up by a 2-0 home win against Wigan. Then came the bad- Arsenal away in the League Cup Quarter Final, I went 1-0 up and looked comfy untill they obviously equalised, took me into extra time and scored with minutes to go. Bad times. Not quite as bad as what happened next, here is the ugly... league game....at home... to Manchester United, I only went and lost 7-1. As Ray Wilkins would say, my word. I have been playing FM since CM3 and i cant recall losing by such a scoreline. The game was more one-sided than a Mike Tyson v Andy Johnson face-off

Anyway lets move on, so im into the first few days of January, I currently lie in 7th place, which im happy with. Aiming for 6th put would take 8th now after that last result.

I am trying to offload some of the young ones like Frei and Trotta on loan but nobody is jumping forward. I may ship Etuhu (also known as Bez as he doesn’t really do anything) out, probably on loan if i have to. I just cant get him to play that well. There is a lot of interested in Ruiz from AC Milan and Manchester United have just placed a £10m bid for Hangeland (known as the "King of Headers") who has been amazing for me and i have negotiated it higher and waiting to hear but im not sure what to do... any advice? Gecov has also been offered to clubs as i just dont play him enough. Umming and Arring about Orlando Sa as i dont play him but i like his name which is keeping him off the transfer list at present. Contracts have been offered to players to lower the wage bill which should help, giving an extra year to Murphy, Schwarzer, Diarra and Hildebrand. Also i have made contract offers to a few expiring contract players including Lodeiro of Ajax and Gaston Fernandes.

Should be a big month i have £1.6m to spend so i might try and pick up some youth for the future.

I personally would not sell Hangeland for any amount of money to be honest especially on the first season as you probably won't be able to attact anyone as good to Fulham to replace him with. ManC offered 18M for him during January transfer window in my save, didn't even consider it.

Fulham FC - Pre-Season 2013/14

Player Transfers

A whole lotta outs, mostly from contract expiring. Left the team quite short on numbers but gave me so much more freedom with wages. £9m for Cigarini was a top sale considering I got him for free. Ruiz's £50k p/w wage demands were ultimately the end of his time at Fulham, I just couldn't justify paying that sort of money for rotational player. Also got Hangeland on a new 2 year contract with some slightly lower wages.

I still have £31m transfer budget and £345k p/w wage budget if I want to delve into the market again at any point.

Players for the First Team

Andrea Bertolacci

Lorenzo Crisetig

Players for Backup and Rotation

Mbaye Niang

El Hadji Sene

Players for Investment

Frank Jakl

Staff Transfers

Just to add a bit more quality to the side.

Friendlies

Decent enough results, got the team their fitness and the new players a bit of time to gel.

Cup Competitions

League Cup

I have been drawn at home to Bolton for the 3rd round of the competition. Will be a competition dedicated to reserves and youngsters as usual.

Champions League Group Stage

Pretty tough group in all. Barcelona will be a great test of character for my team! I would expect to be able to qualify from the group without too many complications.

Behind the Scenes

Finances

So-so. Champions League will provided some most welcomed income!

Youth Recruitment Improvement

Always a good sign when the club has agreed to improve on youth, although tbh I'm not entirely sure what this means. Is it just they will bring in youngsters from further areas around the country?

That's all for pre-season I think, time to crack on.

Hey Mikal - always love reading your posts. Keep them coming and get cracking :)

END OF SEASON REVIEW 2012/2013

S2EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-5.png

So after spending the majority of the season (Week 7 to Week 33) in the top 4, eventually I was caught, season took it's toll and I finished 5th. 5th is a fantastic achievement for the squad for which I should be commended by the board. The games towards the end of the season were tricky and heavy defeats at Spurs and Newcastle showed to me that we don't quite have the quality to achieve Champions League football. Maybe next year.

Bobby Zamora finished as 3rd highest scorer in the Premier League, surely his best ever season in his career.

In the FA cup, I really missed out big time here. I was pitched against Man City, a tricky match but after going 2 goals up and Zabaleta being sent off, I felt confident. Silva just then tore my full back to shreds and we lost 3-2. Really frustrating result for the team.

S2U3FulhamBoardroom_InteractWithBoard-2.png

The board decided to repay my great finish by downgrading my facilities. Needless to say, I wasn't happy and made my point clearly to the board. They saw sense.

S2U3FulhamFixtures_Fixtures-5.png

I'm going to spend the day, sorting out backroom team. Got so many contracts expiring but I really need to bring this wage bill down. The chairman has recently pumped in money to help with financies, loaning the club £8million. Lots of players leaving and I am hoping that I'm going to get a decent transfer kitty but I think it's unlikely. My reputation must have improved but I'll need good squad depth for the EURO campaign next season.

I have been given a transfer budget of £24million so hopefully I can bring in some good talent.

Thanks for reading and COYW

PS The only reason I didn't beat those pesky hoops in the final game was because I was going for a second goal which may have made a difference if results had gone my way.

Very nice updates Mikal and Carlos - just crashed out of the Europa League in the second knock out round 1:2 on aggregate against PSG. I am now out of all the cups can can solely concentrate on finishing the league (have 10 games left).

My lineup is usually the following:

GK: Shwarzer

DR: Vrsaljko

DL: Riise

DC: Hangeland

DC: Shawcross

DMC: Baird

DLP: Murphy

BBM: Kasami

AMR: Dempsey

AML: Niang

AFC: Vitinho

Ruiz, Duff, Wilfried all out with long term injuries. Currently 2nd in the league with 7 games to go. ManU is on incredible form and I have lost my hopes of finishing 1st. Still on contention for 2nd (have still to play with Spurs, Chelsea and ManC from the top teams).

How can i start a game with Fulham before they play their first Euro game?

you have to change the game start date (a drop down when you start the game and are selecting leagues to load). Believe I selected France as they start in June, before the first qualifier.

Good to see everybody's updates and congrats to Mikal for being the first to break into the Champions League (I think).

On the Hangeland note, he really seems to keep his att's well into his 30's. He has never relied on his pace which would be the major declining attribute so that's ok as long as you compliment him with a faster centre back. Also, centre back is probably the easiest position in the game to replace, there's always an abundance of newgens coming through as well as plenty of players you can pick up for cheaper than what you'd get for him.

Overall I kept him as he's one of my favourite Fulham players and i'll happily miss out on the extra money from cashing in, the board seem pretty generous if you perform well so I find I don't need the extra funds.

So my last league game was the 7-1 home loss… the fixture list didn’t get much easier with another home game but this one was against Man City who already beat me 4-1 at the Etihad, so believe it or not a very Fulhamish result I beat them 2-1. I then put the reserves out in the FA Cup and beat Coventry City away 1-0. I had a great run in the league, beating Norwich 6-0 and Blackburn 3-1 away and another home win 3-2 to Bolton. The run stopped after Arsenal beat me 6-2. I turned it round though by having a massive 6-0 home win verses Norwich City. It was the FA Cup 4th Round away to Man Utd :S, but they put the reserves out and i managed a 3-3 draw in a cracking game. I then had my big derby game away to QPR, which i went on to win 3-0. Awesome! The FA Cup Replay and United put out a full strength side, and this time it ended up being a 1-0 win! Thank you Bryan Ruiz. In the next round i meet Peterborough for a place in the Quarters! COYW

So to round up I am about to get back involved with Europe with Metalist home and away, I am in the FA Cup 5th Round and i am lying 7th in the league with 2 games in hand, 6 points would prop me up into 5th above Liverpool and City but i am aiming to get 6th if possible.

During January there was a little transfer activity... Spurs put in a £5.25m bid for Riise which i couldnt turn down really so he went. Unfortunately that left me with just Briggs so for a small £300K i have got in Juanfran as cover, he is 35 now but has been solid in his few appearances. I almost got Begovic who is unhappy at Stoke, i had a £1m bid along with Etuhu accepted but Dickson just didnt want to go. I offloaded Somoygi on a free and picked up a young Italian centre back for the future for £1m calld Rugani whose with the u18s. The big business will be done in the summer. Simon Davies is also back and is impressing when played.

Don't even think Simon Davies got a game for me when he came back. Straight out on loan then sold in the summer, shame for Digger really as he probably would have been a decent squad player in-game. Spurs put that same bid in for Riise which like you I was really perplexed whether to take it or not. Ended up trying to negotiate it to the end of the season but they pulled out :(. Stupid thing is they had bought Pinola for big money in the summer and still had Assou-Ekotto.

Some really exciting games in there as well, really banging in the goals. Think i'm going to go 2 up top, or certainly something more attacking for season 4. It's either that or really go out and spend 20-odd mil on a striker (would absolutely love Cavani but that'll never happen unfortunately)

I can almost smell the Champions League now - 2nd with 4 games to go, pretty difficult games still left though (Newcastle, Villa, Chelsea, Man City) but am 7 points above 5th place Spurs (who just trashed me 3:0 in an equal game btw) and 10 points above 6th place Chelsea. Vitinho has been impressive (free signing in Jan) and Niang is keeping Dos Santos out of the team.

I'm letting Schwarzer, Murphy, Johnson, Grygera leave for free on the summer, all of them are asking way more I am willing to pay.

Also - is it possible to attach a screenshout without uploading it to internet first somehow?

Finished 2nd in the league 7 points behind Man United and 4 above Arsenal and 5 above Man City. Tottenham won the League Cup and Everton FA Cup. Dortmund won the Europa League.

Will try to do the squad analysis at some point although currently it seems I only need a first team goalkeeper (Areola not ready yet) and a good DMC (Jali not ready yet and since Grygera leaving I would like to start playing Baird back on DR position). Have Luuk de Jong, Labyad and Fierro coming in at the end of the season. Looking to sell Davies as I have not played him at all.

de Jong was a nice little signing for me, could play anywhere attacking though had one injury that put him out for 3 months I think it was. Still managed to get £5m for him after 1 season.

Also not too sure how Baird will get on if you're having to play champions league football. For DMC Fernando from Porto was put on the transfer list in my game and has just been an absolute dream so that's one name you could look at.

don't want to get ahead of myself but just won away at Rennes in the Europa League semi first leg 2-0, an early Rodwell strike and yet another glorious Sigurdsson free kick. Sporting got a 0-0 draw at Inter in the other semi

How did it go with Euro League elgreenio?

I just lowered my weekly wage budget by 300K within couple of days. Sold Davies to Norwich for 1M, Zamora to Liverpool for 2M, Duff to Blackburn for 1M, Riise to PSG for 5M and let Johnson, Schwarzer, Murphy and Grygera all go for free. The only player out of these I actually didin't want to sell was Riise but 5M for him was too good to turn down and I have Briggs and Salcido to take over from him.

For some reason my scouts don't rate Fernando (3 stars only) although his attributes look good, I put a 6M bid in for Bacinovic (rated 4 stars) and as Palermo got relegated he is available for cut down price (half of europe is after him though). Also Lille got relegated and Hazard has put in a transfer request, Lille has set his asking price for 16M, strangely enough Lille are not accepting anything below 35M from me (his asking price is still 16M) and I have bidded for him at least 15 times. He is also complaining quite a lot about his broken down relations with Lille management and how the club is not allowing him to hold talks with me. Still not going to pay 34M for him, I could afford it though and he would be perfect to replace Murphy.

Currently my team for 2nd season looks as following:

GK: Areola / Stockdale

DR: Vrsaljko / Baird

DL: Briggs / Salcido

DC: Hangeland / Shawcross / Hughes

DMC: Jali / need to sign someone

MC: Sidwell / Kasami / Labyad / Torres

AMR: Ruiz / Dempsey

AML: Dos Santos / Niang

FC: De Jong / Wilfried / Vitinho / Fierro

Need to sign a DMC and will probably send either Fierro or Vitinho on a season long loan. Have also picked up couple of regens for my U18's, didn't get anyone rated good enough in my youth intake. Also the stadium is being expanded by 4000 seats.

How did it go with Euro League elgreenio?

I'll have a couple of updates coming tomorrow and I shall let you all know :thup:.

Going to be sitting on this all day and should get at least 10 games or so into season 4, and hopefully will pick up a national job after WC2014.

Oh, and Man United tried to head-hunt me, £39M and something like £1.5M wage budget.

You should really rip into the Palermo team if they got relegated, people like Abel Fernandez are handy players to have around.

Bacinovic went to Hoffenheim and Hazard to Man City (who keeps buying all the top players btw). I offered Hazard 100K per week (way too much considering my total wage budget is 800K) but he picked 83K in City instead. Also Salcido went to Tigres for 1,3M and I am left with Briggs as my only left back. Thinking of signing Bassong (listed for 2,7M) not sure how well he suits for the left back position though.

not played him at left back but he's been one of the best buys of my game :thup:, the perfect replacement for Hughes. Though Shawcross is a cover defender as well isn't he?

Shame about Hazard, but I feel for you in the way you're missing out on players, have had the same with so many. This summer it was Seydou Doumbia who went to Liverpool (wouldn't even speak to me even after declaring he wanted to leave CSKA :().

I managed to get a few more games in but it was not a great run, I started off losing a close fought game at home to Chelsea 3-2 which I was very unlucky in. I then went on to lose 3-2 away to Metalist in the Europa League 1st Knockout round which wasn’t a bad result considering the pitch looked as lively as a pensioner after a heavy lunch which genuinely looked like it was affecting the players. I then got the reserves out in the 5th Round of the FA Cup at home to Peterborough which was a risk but it was 1-1 and went to a replay. It was then Metalist at home for the replay and it only ended up being 0-0 and i was knocked out. I dont think i havent scored in a game all season and it came at the wromng time. So i was 4 games without a win and this was definitely my worst run of the season ….by the beard of Zues i couldnt buy a win.... until i thrashed Spurs 7-2 at home (Along with a Bobby Zamoea! Unreal. Very Fulhamish yet again. I finished off with Aston Villa away where i managed to get a 1-1 draw courtesy of Dembele whose more slippery than cat sick on linoleum.

So i am lying in 7th at the moment after 27 games, with Newcastle my network game partner lying in 8th, 4 points behind. I have Spurs, Man City, and Liverpool above me 4 points ahead. I’m going to fill my tankard to the brim and drink to the prospect of a 6th place finish which would be amazing but a great run could leave me in 4th spot but this isnt going to happen in reality.

I have signed Jack Butland for £2m from Birmingham and he is coming in the summer. One for the future.

Congrats on winning the Euro League elgreenio, I was so bad in all the knock-out round games (pretty much all cup games) the first season, definitely want to improve in the second. I don't regret too much on missing out on Hazard as 100K per week for one player would have been too much anyway (considering my current wage structure). Have 45M to spend and 400K below my weekly wage budget and although I'm in the Champions League very few top players ara actually interested in talking to me. Overall pretty happy with my team but would like to bring in a few established world class players, still in early July though and have two months of scouting for this.

Second season pre-season starting now, still haven't been able to bring in any established players, Abel Hernandez went to Inter for 7M although I offered him 10K more per week and Inter isn't even in Champions League. Contract negotiations broke down with Bassong as well as I was unwilling to pay him 77K per week and he is likely to sign for Besiktas now. Have decided that Areola is not ready to be #1 yet so trying to bring in a new keeper - basically deciding between Ospina (13M) and Begovic (6M - Stoke got relegated). Ospina looks better but costs twice as much. Also Gylfi Sigurdson is available for 3M so have bidded but so have multiple other teams and also put a 4M bid in for Fernando. Regretting selling Riise now as the only player I have found suitable for LB position is Olsson but having doubts bidding 10M for him as he is useless in air and I can see this starting to cost me goals. Might have to buy a RB and re-train Vrsaljko for LB.

Currently in feb in my second season with the might whites. First season managed to top our highest finish and secure 6th spot, and also lost the league cup final on penalties to Chelsea after they equalized in the 120 min. Although did pip them by a place in the league. During the summer we completed a ground expansion. At the moment i am sitting 5th 2 points of 4th (Liverpool) who i just beat at Anfield 3-1 (2 late goals from subs Hughes & Murphy). I have also now just had my request to improve the youth facilites, so all looking promising at present although i do think this season is going to be to soon for CL football. Still playing majority of original squad, only major additions are Cahill, Gordon in goal & Diaby. Still going strong with Zamora as TM & Dembele as Poacher.

all i'm saying liuzzi is to throw everything you have at Sigurdsson, the guy is an absolute boss for me, bordering on my best signing in the history of fm. As for left backs, I only ever seem to be drawn towards one or two every version of the game, FM11 was all about Masilela and Aogo, FM10 all about Jose Angel. This version i'm struggling apart from bringing in newgens (though I think i'm going to go after Jack Robinson to get an Englishman in).

Ospina for me has done this :

year 1 - 38 apps, 27 conc, 19 clean sheets, 3 MoM 7.06 AR

year 2 so far - 12 apps, 9 conc, 6 clean sheets, 1 MoM 6.94 AR

Going to have to throw in Plamen Iliev who won the golden glove in my second season, was a nice surprise and he could be a cheaper option.

Hope you get some game time in Ben and get an update done :thup:.

Good stuff Dan, that's kind of what I wanted to do originally and just add a couple of players in to the existing squad but ended up going a bit nuts :D.

So end of my 2nd season and another 6th place finish. Although this year gaining qualification to the europa league. I have been taken over by someone called Hubert Raase. Current squad is looking like this. And heres a few shots of youngsters coming through.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/screenshot20111119at103.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/screenshot20111119at103.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/screenshot20111119at103.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/screenshot20111119at103.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/screenshot20111119at103.png/

Official update Season 3 1-15 games

Hello everyone sorry for the lack of updates.

Ok so into season 3 (for those just joining - I finished 11th in season 1 and 5th in season 2) and I am predicted to finish 8th. And I am 8th.

Let's look at my Squad shall we?

S3U1FulhamSquad_Players-10.png

I brought in ter Stegen for a sizeable chunk of my budget this year. It has took him time to settle. He has conceded quite a few goals but his catching and positioning seem to be fairly consistent, I'm just not quite sure about shot stopping. When a striker is 1on1 against him, I don't have utmost confidence in him pulling off a save. I have Hildebrand as back up with a couple of good youngsters coming through.

One of the reasons I feel that we aren't doing so great defensively is that I picked up Ricardo Carvalho on a free. He's 35, on £54k a week and not exactly pacey. With Hughes/Hangeland/Baird - let's just say that the defence isn't exactly pacey. As full backs, Briggs is just starting to perform how I want him to perform. I bought Cristian Ansaldi/ from Arsenal for £7.5million. He's quite flexible, 27 and with decent crossing stats. Performing ok.

In the midfield, Sidwell will be going soon. He just doesn't do it for me. I have Odjidja who isn't too bad but again, not really setting the place alight.

As my attacking part of the team, Ruiz is still doing well. I'm glad I fended off interest and Sigporsson (as elgreenio) stated earlier, just bangs them in for fun. 11 in 13 PL games this year including a 92nd minute winner at Anfield. Those observant ones of you will notice I brought Emmanuel Adebayor in on loan (I have a good relationshop with MCFC who let me have him). He's more a squad player and being the dick that he is, he isn't happy with that. Bobby Z not having as good a season but 7 goals in 15 isn't bad.

League Cup

Went out in 3rd round, AGAIN! To Sunderland, AGAIN!

Euro Cup

Won the group with a game to spare so hopefully another decent run in the knockout stages.

S3U1FulhamTransfers_History-2.png

Looking at the transfer ins/outs history - I got rid of the other icelandic chap who just wasn't happy with my formation and where I played him. Funny thing is, after a 5-2 reverse at home against Wolves, I spent ages tinkering my system and I think he would now have fitted in. £12.5million from Napoli had to be accepted.

I have also invested most of the money into youngsters who my scouts recommend as quality signings later on so they should come good within the next few years.

S3U1FulhamSquad_Players-10.png

That victory against Liverpool and hard earned draws against Stoke and Villa make me think I might be turning the corner but games against Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle will be the test of that.

Thanks for reading and COYW

Counting down the games now till we finish the first season. Had the replay with Peterborough away in the 5th Round which I got some of the reserves out in again which was another risk, and a close game was won 3-2. The league game after i got the fresh legs of the rested players out who thrashed West Brom 4-0 at home, the team could of only looked more comfortable if they were playing in dressing gowns. In the FA Cup i beat Leicester 5-1 in the Quarter Finals but lost at the Semi Final stage 2-0 to Sunderland, i would of played Everton in the final and would really fancy my chances. Maybe another year. In the league, the results have really gone my way, I have 3 games left and i will finish here if i can win 1 of my last 3 games so this has turned out to be a fantastic season. Bobby Zamora is 3rd top goalscorer with 21 goals! Good times.

I am roaming the youth players, i really want to get an incredible u18s for the future, i already picked up defender Rugani in January who looks sharp in the reserves, I have a young 16 yr old american coming in 2014 and I am looking at a couple of other 15/16 years old from France and one from Chile. I am going to give this game a real go with bring youth players through and rely on that rather than big signings.

think i'm inevitabely going to have to switch to that tactic mcmuffin, my finances take a real beating every time I sign a marquee player. Quite a lose-lose situation at the moment as I really need to add undeniable quality to the squad to help me push and sustain the top 4 fight, whilst when I do my finances get so far in the red I end up having to sell a few players. My squad is being trimmed so much I have no idea how i'd sustain fighting in all comps. Good news is that I seem to have found a few gems who could hopefully continue cracking on, as well as Kerim Frei who has 10 goals and 10 assists to his name this season.

liuzzi i've been playing him as an Advanced Playmaker with Support duty. He also is on all free kicks and corners, think even penalties. Broke the assist record in the most recent season as well.

Update to come tomorrow I think, have finished the 2014/2015 season (4th season).

el greenio, I usually don’t tend to focus too much on youth although I will always go for a younger player over an older one, but I think with the finances how they are and the fact I am going for a long term save, this policy should be a good one, scouting a lot of re-gens and picking up what I can. Also relying on January (contract expiring) free transfers as well, with Lodeiro and Gaston Fernandes on the way, it should be good. IWow that’s a decent return for Frei, I have him in the ressies and he doesn’t look like he is going to make the grade, will continue with him now though. How are people finding Briggs, Kasami, Frei, Trotta, Stockdale in season 2/3/4+?

So I finished 5th in the end. Awesome. I couldn’t believe it when I got a £39m transfer budget unbelievable, questions should be raised in the House of Commons. I am in mid-July at present and so far plenty has gone on! The board are investing in improved youth facilities which fit in great for my plans. Stadium expansion of about 5000 seats which is good stuff too.

Also I got offered the GBu23 jobs so that should be a bit of fun, I hope I don’t lose concentration on the mighty black and whites though.

Anyway onto the transfers, there's more snatched whispers and gossip about than at an octogenarians' knitting circle. I have already loaned out Stockdale, Vossen, Sa, Sanogo, Etuhu and Sidwell. My wage budget has come right down. I also sold Salcido for £1.5m, Juanfran went on a free as did Grygera and Diarra. My controversial sale was Dempsey for £6m to Valencia, he didn’t really do it for me last season and he is in his last year of contract so I thought I would cash in.

So all my u18s came in, about 10 of them. As did my two free transfers of Lodeiro and Gaston Fernandes. So far I have bought, Jack Butland the young Brum keeper for £2.2m, and also a new number 1 in Begovic who set me back £4m. Dos Santos from Spurs was a snip at £3.2m. Carlos Fierro for £1m. Shaquiri was my next signing at £7.5m. Tabanou the left back/left winger was £7m and looks very good. I also got Rasmus Elm for £8.5m- I didn’t really need him but he looks quality so I couldn’t help myself. I have £20m left and I hope not to spend it unless it is on youth but sometime I just can’t stop :D - the young forward Niang has just accepted a contract and will set me back £10m!! Not sure if I should do this or not, I don’t want to be done like a saucy kipper. Advice needed please!!!??

That is all so far, I now need to cut down my squad a little especially in the central midfield area. Only one out of Murphy and Modise will stay i recon. Exciting stuff

hmmm, not sure i'd spend 10mil on him, could probably find a 3 or 4 regens with as good potential as him for that amount.

As for the players with potential at the start of the game this is them now (end of season 4/beginning season 5) :

Screenshot2011-11-22at105354.png

Screenshot2011-11-22at105406.png

Screenshot2011-11-22at105424.png

Screenshot2011-11-22at105437.png

Archived