Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elgreenio

FM12 : Fulham FC Thread - Just Beat It

How are people finding Jol's brother as assistant I switly got rid of him myself.

So I started up- last night and played my first league game which I promptly lost 4-1 away to Manchester City. Took the lead too with Dempsey, who I started up front.

I have won every Europa game at a canter a few 6-0 and 6-1 results, and just thrashed Valerenga 5-0, believe it or not with a Hangeland hat trick.

I sold, Halliche, Kelly, Riise and offloaded Sidwell on a loan deal (not a fan) I may sell Johnson to get rid of those wages.

Off the top of my head my signings are-

Welbeck (loan)

Hilderbrand - as cover for Schwarz (free)

Diogo - starting right back (free)

Diarra - defensive midfield fighting it out with Etuhu (free)

Emre Can - youth and backup (cost about 900k i believe)

Modia (sp) - back up for Murphy (500K)

Jelle Vossen - pushing to start (1.7m)

Wilfried scored a few goals in europe but then got injured (2.5m)

My line up is something like-

Schwarzer

Diogo

Riise

Hangeland (4 goals in 3 matches)

Hughes

Etuhu

Murphy

Ruiz

Duff (7 goals in 8 matches)

Zamora

Dempsey (8 goals in 7 matches)

Currently travelling back to London so cannot wait to get back on it.

Interesting about coaches, I think fulhams are a bit below par in the game. R.Not sure why that is.

I may have an absolute clear out and just invest in quality at the end of the season. Cannot afford any severance pay.

Knocked out of the league cup by Sunderland at home which was poor.

However, in my defence,the squad is so paper thin that it just cannot cope with Europa League midweek games and then a PL fixture at the weekend.

I'll see how my session goes tonight and update.

Hope we all are well. Isee Clint has scored @ Wigan irl. Come on Fulham!

I've just had a bit of an overhaul with them as yes they're pretty shocking apart from in the goalkeeping department. Havn't got rid of Jol yet though I probably will at the end of the season.

mcmuffin try to offer Johnson a new deal and he'll take a lower wage (think he's on 25k or so now on mine). He has thrown his dummy out in January though for not getting game time and I said i'd offload him in the summer.

I have signed Xulu, but he cant get a work permit so ive sent him to germinaal beerschott if he plays there a season will he come back and be eligible to play?

if you offer him a new contract his work permit will be reviewed again. Other than that you'll have to send him to Germinaal each season until he gains citizenship, you can check how long it will take by clicking Xulu and then the information tab on his overview page. In the bottom left it will state how many days it takes to gain Belgian nationality and how many days he has completed. I want to say it'll take 3 seasons in Belgium but i'm not 100% on that.

loved your latest update elgreenio -

is that easy to do? got a headset with mic attached but it's all very new to me! I may follow in your footsteps and perhaps more people will follow the Cottagers!

Coming to the end of my first season in my network game. Got about 3 games left of the season and sitting comfortabley mid-table. Wilfried is now my top scorer. Had horrendous problems with injuries but players are slowly coming around. In the final of the FA Cup against Stoke (my mate) so that will be an emotional and firey final!

Looking for a pretty big team change around in the summer.

Offical update number 1

So after posting the odd comment, here is the first official update regarding my first ever game here on FM12.

Being a recent(ish) Cottagers fan, I'm trying to establish the team in the Premier League. I wouldn't say I'm an excellent FM player but I do give it my best.

As the season goes on, I'll start doing a more professional job with vid clips/photos etc.

The fist update is after 15 games. The next official one will be after games 16-30 and then a final official update at the end of the season.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Position: 10th

P15 W5 D3 L7 GF28 GA32 PTS 18

Points off 1st position -20

Points off 20th position +13

As a team predicted to finish mid table, mid table is where I am. 5 victories so far over Blackburn (3-2), Sunderland (6-3), Wigan (6-2) QPR (2-1) and Aston Villa (2-1). The high scoring victories over Sunderland and Wigan were of a result of applying a different tactic. However this was far too expansive and not realistic! Hence the more than average amount of goals scored and conceded.

A particularly satisfying win was achieved at rivals QPR with a 97th minute penalty by Bobby being the difference.

Draws have been achieved against West Brom and Stoke (1-1) with a gritty draw achieved at Everton (0-0).

City walloped me (6-0) at the Etihad and I have been unlucky conceding late at the Emirates (1-0). Other defeats have come against Wolves (4-1), Bolton (5-4 - previously explained different tactic which now shedded), Swansea and Spurs (1-0) and Norwich (3-2).

GOALSCORERS/ASSISTS/MoM

Name Apps Goals

Zamora 14 9

Dempsey 15 4

Ruiz 13 3

Dembele 8 3

Johnson 7 2

Halliche 2 2

Baird 13 1

Duff 14 1

Senderos 5 1

I've tried different combinations up front and I'm quite conscious of having to keep morale up. Ruiz doesn't seem to have gelled much with the squad however two clinical finishes in the last game at Villa Park may help. Dembele has suffered with Knee tendonitis (5 weeks) and a twisted ankle and twisted knee (6 weeks) so hasn't had much of an impact so far. AJ has suffered with a slipped disc and is currently out for 3 months.

Goalkeepers

Schwarzer has been an ever present (6.73av) in the PL and hasn't commited any major clangers.

Defenders

Hangeland has been unsettled since day one. I just cannot afford to let him go (12apps6.82av). With Hughes at the back and cover provided by Halliche/Baird, the starting back 4 are fine. It's just when we have injuries or suspensions in the coming months when it becomes a problem. Neither played at Man City and we lost heavily (6-0). Now the group matches are out of the way in Europe, they may get more of a rest.

Midfielders. Murphy was dropped after a shaky start. Low morale, not high average rating and losing possession frequently were reasons for me dropping him. Etuhu and (more recently) Sidwell have been in the centre. Steve wanted to stay and fight when I tried to offload him and if he shows that commitment, well I'm willing to let him have a go in the first XI.

Duff/Dempsey are taking the winger positions. Duff, regularly skins defenders and has a good engine on him. Dempsey, again, not sure where to place him.

Strikers

Because FFC have so many versatile attackers, I'm not quite sure whether I should rotate (swap positions during matches etc), it may just confuse.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Successful campaign so far. Qualified with 12 points from 18 (top of group) and have drawn AS Roma in the next round. That will be a toughie I'm sure.

LEAGUE CUP

Gutting to lose at home to Sunderland despite taking the lead. Quite a few big names had gone and I would have had a semi final against Bolton to look forward to if I'd have beaten the Mackems (then Burnley...not taking it for granted but..!)

FA CUP

I have been handed a home tie against AFC Bournemouth in the 3rd round

FINANCES

Currently I have £9.7million in the bank. Financial position is insecure. I have reduced AJ's wage recently from £40k to 18k so that should help in the long run. I also banked 150k from Bowen going to become Assistant Manager at Villa.

SUMMARY

I'm quite happy with how things have gone so far. I'm gutted that I signed a player for £11million (i.e. ALL my money) who has no work permit, I cannot loan out until January and won't have him for 3 years. He is labelled as the new Jadson but he's been away on leave once already, i've offered to get another Brazilian in but he says that will make it even worse. I've even offered him to other clubs (although you cannot choose and option which relates to his homesickness). Any ideas?

Perhaps I should offer him for 6-7million and cut my losses?

I have a young central defender coming in called Willi Orban from Kaiserslautern for 500k. Scouts were very impressed by him so when he comes, he can go on loan but he has potential to be a good PL defender. I have to think of the future. THe same goes for a GK for Mark when he retires.

My name was in the hat for the Newcastle job which was pleasing to see and Aston Villa are doing terribly in 19th position with 2 wins, 4 draws and 10 losses. McLeish has already gone and Laudrup is the manager.

Thanks for reading, sorry it looks a little disjointed but I'll get the feel of it soon no doubt.

Is that your first season? Doing very well so far, keep it up and let us know how you get on!

Finished my first season, I won't be doing huge updates because I'm just a bit lazy at the moment, but I will give you a run down.

Premier League

Finished: 10th on 48 points

Goals Scored/Conceded: 67/61

FA Cup

Winners! Beating Stoke (my mate) 7-2 in the final. Wilfried hatrick, what an animal.

League Cup

Lost 3-0 in the quarter final to Wolves.

Europa League

Got to 2nd knockout round and got hammered 7-2 on agg. against Lille.

I'm currently in the middle of a takeover (anyone else have one?) and currently in a transfer embargo. Got a message saying I would have £750k p/w for wages and a whopping £39.6m to spend on transfers. But this is before the takeover is complete, so who knows what will happen when if that succeeds.

Balance is sitting at around £30m and they are looking to expand the stadium which can only be a good thing!

Overall, a very decent first season and hopefully I'll keep my job after the takeover and then I can push on and make some top signings with that kind of transfer budget. I will be looking at letting a few of the big earners go or letting their contracts run out in a month. Time for some young blood in the team, and ideally a bit of pace at the back!

Oh and I somehow won Manager of the Year?? :D

Edit: Takeover completed by a consortium led by a Beruit-based businessman "Charles Villeneuve". Pumped an additional £22m into the club and is looking to upgrade the facilities. Will inform me shortly on whether or not I get to keep my job!

loved your latest update elgreenio -

is that easy to do? got a headset with mic attached but it's all very new to me! I may follow in your footsteps and perhaps more people will follow the Cottagers!

most laptops will have an in-built mic you can use, otherwise you can pick one up dirt cheap. It's all ridiculously easy, just a bit of software needed to capture what's going on on the monitor then a case of exporting/uploading to youtube.

Good updates guys, guessing your big signing was going to be Murphy's replacement Ben? shame your left without a ball player in the centre now (thought about playing Dempsey there?).

That's great stuff Mikal, mid-table and a cup is pretty much a dream for any Fulham fan, and unfortunately I couldn't replicate what you did, but more on that to follow in an update

I look forward to reading your update :thup:

I've had some transfer window coming to the end of July. I was giving a war chest of around £50m for choosing to get Europa League football which was phenominal, as you can imagine my mate was a bit pissed when he got his £8m :lol:. I'm not sure if this is standard Fulham or if the new chairman has some deep pockets, either way Fulham are my new play things!

As I'm at work I'm not 100% on signings and prices and I'll update this better when I look later, but these are the ins and outs that I can guess.

INS

Leandro Damiao (sp?) - £20m - Absolutely brilliant looking 21 year old striker who will fit nicely along Wilfried and form a leathal partnership for years to come.

Cagliari - Free - Approached him January and forgot about him, I think he'll be able to stake a place in the starting lineup.

Kyle Walker - £5m - Was stuck in Spurs reserves, probably could have got him cheaper, but was happy to pay, English and a solid right back.

Zapata - £11m - Adds that bit of pace I was so desperate for at CB.

Dante - £11m - A Brazilian/Belgium CB whos stats look incredible. He has low concentration which is my only worry but everything else is pretty spot on.

Cheik M'Beng-something - £9m - Was lacking a LB and now that position looks sorted with Riise providing good backup.

Kameni - £10m - With Schwarzer coming to an end I needed a replacement. Some keepers were too expensive and some didn't want to join. It was Kameni for £10m or Romero for £19m, so went with the crazy guy from Cameroon. I was initally looking at Stockdale to take over but City came in with a poxy £1m bid which I turned down and he just started crying about wanting to leave, so will be looking to ship him out and bring in a young apprentice to Kameni next year.

Moussa Sow - £7m - Giving me a different option upfront and hopefully will be a decent signing at £7m.

Carlos Fierro - Free - Highly rated 17 year old Mexican, will look to play him in cup games and last 15 mins when comfortable. One for the future.

OUTS

I had a few big earners leave the club, Danny Murphy, Andy Johnson, Grygera and a couple others had their contracts run out which freed up some wages.

Sidwell hopefully gone for £2m.

Etuhu - £1.5m (for registration reasons).

Baird - £500k

Senderos - £3m

There has been a few more but for the life of me cannot remember. Trying to get rid of a winger I bought last year for £35k because there's no room in the squad registration for him. I've also let other clubs know Bobby Z is available, shame he hasn't "done it" for me, would have liked to keep him a bit longer, but if an offer comes in then he's probably gone.

So as you can see it's been a busy busy transfer window with an enmormous amount of players coming in and a fair few going out. Big things are happening at Fulham! I would have liked a quality winger but if I get a non-homegrown player it would mean having to sell someone at the club because there just isn't any room in the squad registration, so I think I'll stick with what I have unless anyone can recommend a HG player? I tried Adam Johnson but he told me to get lost, bastard!

So that's my transfer story so far, pretty happy, didn't expect so much from Fulham. All in all could make for an even more entertaining game :D.

I keep getting my bloody staff pinched as well, so going to look at filling the staff with some more quality.

Starting XI

Kameni

Walker Hangeland/Dante Zapata M'Beng

Kasami Enoh Cagliari Ruiz

Leandro Wilfried

Really good to read how everyone is doing. I am still yet to play my first league game - yes I know I should invest more time to FM but haven't been able to for now. Have easily qualified to 4th round qualifiers of the Europe League,by treating these games more or less as friendlies and mostly fielded players who needed to up their fitness.

Went a little crazy on the transfer market. Players IN (most over 48 months):

- dos Santos 4M (replacement for Dembele who went to PSG)

- Jali 400K (thanks elgreenio, replacement for Etuhu who went to Southamton for 3M)

- Areola (straight swap with Dembele as a long term replacement for Schwarzer, has been promising in Europe and planning to give him cup games this season)

- Wilfried 2,7M (to rotate with Zamora)

- Shawcross 7M (replacement for Senderos who went to Hoffenheim for 4M)

- Erick Torres 4M (future prospect)

Have spent something like 14M and received around 18M from all the sales (Kelly, Halliche, Riise, Trotta, Etuhu, Senderos etc). I am trying to get rid of Johnson as I am playing with one striker and prefer to have strong target man type in front but he has injured himself and noone is bidding. Man City keeps bidding 9M for Hangeland, have set his asking price to 40M and he is still happy.

ahhhhhhhhhh how the hell did I forget about Damiao :mad:, probably could have got him if i'd remembered. Really needed a striker to take the second season by storm. Kyle Walker was put in the reserves on my game as well but they still wanted around 9mil for him, maybe a late bid after he's rotted a while may do it.

Oh, and I looked at Dante as well (well, my scout recommended him), isn't he slow as f**k?

Oh, and I looked at Dante as well (well, my scout recommended him), isn't he slow as f**k?

Accel 9 pace 14 or something, obviously isn't great, but his positioning will more than make up for it. No worse than Hangeland though, those 2 can fight it out for the beast CB position. Or I could play both and drop the D-line, good luck trying to run through those two.

Ok sorry for the gap between updates I'm at uni so I need to get a degree at some point whilst i'm here....

Finished the first season and am currently in January of the second.

Finished 6th in the league and had no real cup runs (Inter in the first knockout round of the Europa League!?) got manager of the year though!!

screenshot20111031at144.th.png

As such I got a pretty decent budget of about 26mil if i remember rightly made a few signings and let a lot of players go.

Odemwingie looked like an obvious signing for me as he scored 29 for the baggies in the previous season and the majority of my goals were from the midfield in the previous season. Him and Zamora have been on fire this season, Zamora has scored 4 for england also :thup:

Sitting in 5th atm so hoping to go one better than last year and im still in all competitions, League cup semis against united coming up. And ive also established Fulham as Juventus' european bogey team beating them 3-0 at home and 6-2 away in the group stages of the europa league this year!

hopefully i wont finish this season as badly as i did last year and may even push for top 4? ridiculous i know but it looks possible.

COYW!!

Odemwingie scored 19 league goals in my first season iirc, he must be broken :D

I've got to say I'm loving all the updates. Great hearing from managers such as liuzzi (not played a game) and Mikal (who has finished the season). Can help us look for players etc.

Bit of advice on staff would be good as I've lost Bowen and someone else recently. Damn these poachers.

Sending lots of Fulham love out to all you guys.

Ive just bought Fm and im playing with Fulham, got into the europa group stages, lost first 2 games of the season in the prem, signed no-one, lets see how it goes

can't beat that. I've just had an overhaul of my staff Ben so I can give you some names etc if you want, and i'll find a link to the thread which basically tells you what you need for 5* training.

The good staff thread is a reasonable place to look first : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276677-FM12-Good-Staff

Then this is the formula (you're basically just looking for anybody with good Determination, discipline and motivating plus whatever you want him to train) : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/106997-9.3.0-Coach-Formula

I am a few games further in now, played 6 in the league, I have lost to City 4-1 and Chelsea 3-0 both away, a draw away to Bolton 1-1 and at home I drew with QPR 2-2, and then I only went and beat Blackburn 3-1 and Arsenal 4-2. I think I am lying in 12th pleased enough with my league start. Hoping to improve and finish in the top 8. In the cups I have beaten Steaua at home 1-0 and drew away 1-1 to Hannover. I beat Everton away in the league cup 3-1. So doing well so far. I have found Ruiz to be my best player his energy really makes me look dangerous going forward, Hangeland too is first name on the team sheet, absolute rock! I have Wilfried which i can see people are raving about but he got injured in the qualifying games and have just got back to full fitness so i will have more of an idea of his quality in the next few months. I must say when i get some transfer funds my first target will be a centre midfielder I signed Modise and I have Murphu but neither are doing it for me! I got Diarra on a free and in the defensive midfield role he has done a good job.

Thanks for the update elgreenio - did you say you got 30M for transfers after the first season? That would be fantastic.

Just had time to play my first league game of the season yesterday night against Liverpool away beating them 4-0. Watched the full game and tweaked quite a lot during the game. I played the whole second half with 10 men after Sidwell's straight red just after the break. Despite this Liverpool only managed to create one half chance during the whole game (if my memory servers me correctly) against our 4 clear cut chances and about 10 half chances. Hangeland scored 2 from the corners (default setup) and Wilfried and Ruiz both got one. Amazing. Next up some Georgian side in Euro League and Norwich at home.

Really enjoying the updates elgreenio mate. Last one was brilliant, looked like you had some size of a clear out though! Will certainly be interesting to see how you do in your second season considering the number of changes. Looks a good squad though. Hopefully go further than last!

yeh liuzzi, I was set a budget of £31m and a big boost in the wage budget also. Just don't go nuts and it seems Al Fayed really backs you. Since the update i've also signed Kyle Walker as Spurs dramatically dropped their demands, £3.8m in the end.

Always go into the summer saying I won't change much and don't want to lose stability but then end up buying and buying and buying :D. Hoping to get some silverware this season, my best chance being the domestic cups, so I may sacrifice the Europa League a bit.

I'm currently in a transfer embargo. 25 games gone. 25 points gained. It's really close at the bottom.

I wonder if I'm good enough to try and post a screen shot!

Thanks elgreenio for the links. Sometimes si is too big to navigate for me so really appreciate it.

fulham30.jpg

3 games played in the league, currently first with 3 wins and goal difference of 13:1. Also qualified to the group stage of Euro League and was handed a group with Roma, Dinamo Bucharest and Videoton.

My current team:

GK: Schwarzer / Areola

DL: Riise / Briggs

DR: Vrasljko / Grygera

DC: Hangeland / Shawcross / Hughes / Baird

DMC: Jali / Gecov

MC: Dempsey / Murphy / Sidwell / Erick Torres

AML: Duff / Dos Santos

AMR: Ruiz / Kasami

FC: Wilfried / Zamora / Johnson / Sa

Next up QPR home, Roma away and Hull away in Carling Cup.

although im not playing as fulham... im really enjoying the updates lads.. keep it up.. fulham will definately be my next career i reckon after my magical wonder tour with blackburn is over..

Videoton :D, where the DVD is merely a myth.

Few wins and you can really give the season a nice look to it Ben, top 10 would be nice.

Good start liuzzi, I had a bit of a nightmare start with fixtures, City and Arsenal in my first 4 games but I seem to be getting there. League Cup quarter final match against Chelsea coming up, winner gets to face Stoke in the two-legged semi. Trying not to give too much away I guess but i've qualified from the Europa League groups (PSG, Sarajevo and I can't bloody think who).

Your team isn't looking too bad either, would like to hear how they get on as i've lost faith with a lot of the nucleus of the squad for my 2nd season.

Oh, massive news for any Fulham fans though, Kerim Frei scored on his league debut for me <3 and started the next game as well before I switched off for the night.

Yes pretty cool name although not half as cool as their original. FC Videoton was originally founded in 1941 as Székesfehérvári Vadásztölténygyár SK (from Wikipedia). I wonder why did they change the name.

So I went on and beat Spurs, 3-2 away- a Bobby Zamora hatrick. The next match was only the result of the season so far 5-0 verses West Brom - AWAY! Lost the next two league games at home to Villa 4-1 :( and Everton at home 3-2. Shocking. However I then got the ressies out and beat West Ham in the league cup and then the schockof the season was an away win against Liverpool.... 6-5! Unreal! Sitting in 10th place at the moment, still after a top 8.

Nice to see everyone else is doing pretty well with Fulham!

Having a bit of a shakey start to my second season with so many new additions. I am conceding late on quite often, so need to look to shore things up at the back in the latter stages in games, really frustrating me!! Sitting like 5th after I think 6/7 games, so could be worse.

I was 3-0 up against United, then my only game booted me out, so when I rejoined **** was in control and would you belive I ended up drawing 3-3? Was absolutely livid, so livid I terminated his contract. I lost to new comers Burnley 2-1 after they scored in the 94th minute, that didn't go down too well, but I seem to be in the habit of giving newly promoted sides their first win of the season.

Got knocked out of League Cup by Newcastle 4-1, Obertan was ridiculous, he was better than Messi at points.

Going well in Europe, handed a group with Dortmund, Dinamo and Dnpro (?), played 2 won 2 including a 2-1 win against Dortmund which I thought was a good result. I'm playing my back up squad in Europe, I want to focus more on the league so can't be risking my key players.

Ter Stegen is coming in Jan as a long-term replacement for Schwarzer, and tbh, may rival for the first team spot sooner rather than later. Cost me £14m so not cheap at all, but that's the GK position sorted for the next 10 years hopefully.

yeh from what I hear Ter Stegen is an absolute machine. Just sorted a deal for Ospina to come in on a bosman (for end of season 2) so him and Iliev will give me a few tough decisions. Just smashed Everton 5-0 away and beat Chelsea 3-0 in the League Cup quarters (they had a man sent off after around 2 mins). Now onto Stoke in the semis, the other semi is WBA v Newcastle as well so really hoping I can bring home some silverware. As for the league i'm 7th after 19 games, solved some scoring problems as i'm 5th highest scorers whilst keeping the 5th tightest defence.

all sounds good - i also like the fact that some of you blatently don't work during the day so when i come home I get to read all about it.

Quick question - how do i print screen and post it as an image/jpeg instead of doing it via paint like I did?

I'll do proper official update 2 tonight.

PS Have you seen how Villa are doing in my game?

that way of doing it is probably your best bet.

Hey, I do work, i'm just working from home this week :p

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zippygeorgeandben/squadupdate2.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zippygeorgeandben/Confidence.jpg

Official update 2

So 30 games into my first season as Fulham manager and the season has had some ups, some downs and some general 'mehthingness' (that's me saying 'meh' and 'nothingness' combined).

I wouldn't say that I have flirted with relegation but I have always been about 4-8 points away from it. It is so truncated at the bottom of the table that any team could join QPR (even they aren't out of it).

PREMIER LEAGUE

Position: 12th

P15 W9 D5 L16 GF43 GA62 PTS 32

Points off 1st position -50

Points off 20th position +14

After my last update I had a tricky set of fixtures which culminated in 4 losses on the trot (Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle Liverpool). I managed to stop the rot beating Blackburn (3-2) and Wolves (1-0).

3 more defeats against Swansea, Arsenal and Man City followed (I also failed to score in each game) and grinded out a 1-1 at WBA.

After a thoroughly demoralising defeat at relegation threatened Sunderland (0-4) I have picked up lately picking up 7 points from 12 (including wins against Wigan and Everton). I managed a 93rd minute equaliser against Norwichto draw 2-2. If the Canaries go down by 2 points, they will look at thatgame for sure.

FACUP

Gutting exit at Brighton in the 5th round. Lost 2-1. We weren't at the races in the first half and it cost us.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Lost 4-3 on aggregate to AS ROMA. 1-1 in the away leg was unfortunately followed by a 3-2 defeat at the Cottage.

As you can see on the squad shot, Bobby Z has been quite a goalscorer for me. Hasn't missed from the spot and always seems to be there or thereabouts. You can also see that due to injury, I've been deprived of Dembele and AJ. This is why Kamara was always a good squad player!

I sold JA Riise to Spurs for £3.3million as I thought this was a decent amount for a 32 year old. Defensively, if Hangeland gets injured, I don't really have the faith in Halliche and Senderos to accompany Hughes. Internazionale are sniffing around Inter so I'll have to see if they follow up the interest with a concrete offer.

Midfield

Again, no one has really nailed down the wing positions. Dempsey has been erratic whereever I have played him and the same applies to Ruiz. No doubt on his day Ruiz can terrorise the opposition but he is extremely wasteful in front of goal. I'm noticing that composure isn't very good with this team so will need to work on this.

Attack

As stated before, Bobby Z has scored his share of goals but hasn't had a reliable partner.

Willi Orban who I bought for £500k has played 7 games and performed quite well. He's 19 and dubbed as the new Per Mertesacker (make of that what you will!!!), just one for you to look out for (Kaiserslautern)

I have also been the subject of a takeover. Al-Fayed has gone leaving me with a 67 year old Italian chairman and managing director. Interestingly, my position was under question, they have pumped £3.7million into the coffers but gone about immediately upgrading all training facilities. The main training facilities will be completed in 3 months time which is great.

I'm not quite sure where I'll finish as I do have away games at Spurs, Man Utd and Chelsea to come, as well as visit from Liverpool on the final day of the season.

I'll predict 13th, any lower I won't be happy, anything 11+ would be great I think for my first season.

Thanks for reading.

Decent first season so far Carlos, if you can hold on to a respectable midtable position I'm sure you'll get the funds to make your team into Euro contenders. Definitely look to bring in someone to partner Bobby.

Ah no elgreenio! I'd imagine you'd get taken over like a few of us have, although I'm quite curious to see if you don't...

Just been offered Adam Johnson for £5m, which was strange because I had to offer £16m in the summer and when I did he had no interest in joining. So £5m I was happy to take. Decent, English, position I need and respectable wage at £30k. May look to move on Dempsey in Jan, if his contract isn't expiring end of year. I'll do a proper update come Jan time, should get there by tomorrow.

finished the season 11th - update will follow tomorrow (possibly - being dragged to watch TinTin!)

Stadium expansion has been announced by 4,306 seats. 2nd upgrade of youth facilities on the way also.

it's a marathon not a sprint

[video=youtube;GmTbD5Tmygg]

Just lost in Carling Cup (third round I guess) to Hull. Zamora hadn't performed for me and thought I give him a chance. He missed 6 clear cut chances and I'm not sure how many half chances over 120 minutes and I ended up losing 1:2 on extra time (also finished the game with 9 players). Anyway was so mad after the game that I moved him to the reserves and transfer listed him on the spot.

Just lost in Carling Cup (third round I guess) to Hull. Zamora hadn't performed for me and thought I give him a chance. He missed 6 clear cut chances and I'm not sure how many half chances over 120 minutes and I ended up losing 1:2 on extra time (also finished the game with 9 players). Anyway was so mad after the game that I moved him to the reserves and transfer listed him on the spot.

Good luck finding a buyer, I've been waiting for someone to come in for about a year now. I would recommend playing him in cup games and easy games still because it will increase the interest in him.

:D, I managed to get Southampton to come in for him but still had to pay some of his wages until the end of his contract. He simply is not clinical enough for a game of this nature.

Looks like i'm getting a new owner :cool: