Sports Interactive Community
DandyDon

FM2012: Newcastle United thread - Triumphing by brave defending.....well maybe!

@ Col_Nufc1

What leagues did you load?

All leagues in these countries Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, USA.

All leagues in these countries Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, USA.

Wow, isn't that a bit slow? What PC you running it on?

I'm trying to get Balotelli on loan, but he's not agreeing. I've got Spain, England and Italy loaded.

Lucas Anderson, who i always used to sign isn't in my game. Loaded a few times and he's not there :-(

Wow, isn't that a bit slow? What PC you running it on?

I'm trying to get Balotelli on loan, but he's not agreeing. I've got Spain, England and Italy loaded.

Lucas Anderson, who i always used to sign isn't in my game. Loaded a few times and he's not there :-(

The game runs quick enough but I like having plenty of options when buying players.

I have a AMD Athlon II X4 640 with 8 GB Ram.

To get Lucas Anderson you need to load Denmark and Mario Balotelli agreed to sign for me on the first time I made a offer.

What roles are you giving Cisse and Ba guys?

I am playing Cisse as a Poacher but I have asked him to unlearn 'plays with back to goal ppm' and I have also selected him as a Targetman with run onto ball supply.

I play Ba as a Inside Forward Attack on the left wing when he's fit which hasn't been often enough :(.

Ba still picking up constant nagging injuries? Reduced his injury proneness a fair bit.

Ba still picking up constant nagging injuries? Reduced his injury proneness a fair bit.

I am coming towards the end of January and he has managed to play nine games. He has had a damaged spine which kept him out for two months and a back strain which kept him out for three weeks.

It's not the constant niggling injuries that he picked up on the last patch but just unlucky on my save.

Just got my head around to start up a save with Newcastle. Like many of the new updates and it seems more spot on then it has in a while. Just wonder, does anyone else have any trouble with cabaye shooting at pretty much everything? However my season has been much up and down. Haven't really got Cisse playing to his best and often drifting out of matches. Despite that he allready nicked 8 goals in 12 appearances. Ben Arfa has pretty much been injured all the time as he got back to back injuries. And are now sitting on a mere 15 acc 14 pace, which leaves nothing of resemblence of him left.

On the transfer front I've tried to add numbers to the squad, getting in Thomas Drage, Andile Jali, Cheick M'Bengue, Craig Dawson and Yaya Sanogo on loan.

Made it a goal for myself to develope Adam Campbell, anyone had any success with him yet?

Just got my head around to start up a save with Newcastle. Like many of the new updates and it seems more spot on then it has in a while. Just wonder, does anyone else have any trouble with cabaye shooting at pretty much everything? However my season has been much up and down. Haven't really got Cisse playing to his best and often drifting out of matches. Despite that he allready nicked 8 goals in 12 appearances. Ben Arfa has pretty much been injured all the time as he got back to back injuries. And are now sitting on a mere 15 acc 14 pace, which leaves nothing of resemblence of him left.

On the transfer front I've tried to add numbers to the squad, getting in Thomas Drage, Andile Jali, Cheick M'Bengue, Craig Dawson and Yaya Sanogo on loan.

Made it a goal for myself to develope Adam Campbell, anyone had any success with him yet?

never make it due to his injury proneness and low determination

I've set myself the same challenge, hopefully he comes good. So far in the reserves/U18s he's scored 18 in 21 games :)

never make it due to his injury proneness and low determination

That's not true really is it? His Injury Proneness is set at 0 so is completely random, and his determination on mine has raised from whatever it is at the start (9 I think?) to 14 in just under a season through tutoring.

I've set myself the same challenge, hopefully he comes good. So far in the reserves/U18s he's scored 18 in 21 games :)

That's not true really is it? His Injury Proneness is set at 0 so is completely random, and his determination on mine has raised from whatever it is at the start (9 I think?) to 14 in just under a season through tutoring.

0???

he was 16 in my save

0???

he was 16 in my save

Yeah, he's set at 0 which means on every new save his stat is randomly generated. Looks like you just got unlucky. It's at 9 on my save :)

Been developing nicely in my game. Had him tutored by Papiss firstly, then benjani wich I got on because of high determination and low wages. Will see what I'll do next season though. Got 19 for acceleration allready, so a poacher role seems destined for him in the future.

Morning all, popping in to share my first half of the season successes with you all.

First of all, Papissto is a monster. 21 appearances and 18 goals and 6 assists. He's struck up a great partnership with Demba Ba who has been less impressive, with 8 goals and 6 assists in 16(3) but that's forgiven since he's usually involved in our goals and performs very well. It'd be too much to expect both strikers to basically average a goal per game.

Next Steven Taylor, another goal machine. 9 goals in his 20 appearances, including a hat trick against Swansea. 'Cause of his "gets forward whenever possible" PPM, he had bombed up the pitch during a throw in and scored a screamer of a left footed volley. I thought it was a fluke, then he did it again, before scoring a header from a corner.

HBA is slowly coming back up to top form, 12 appearances with 1 goal (a peach) and 5 assists. It's taking a long time for his physical attributes to get back up to what they were, despite a more intensive physical training schedule.

Yohan Cabaye is the perfect playmaker too. He's not scoring as many as I'd hoped having only got 2 in 18(2) games. But he is the top assister in the team and the league with 10.

On a final note, as of the 26th December 2011 we're sitting 2nd in the league and looking at a league cup semi final V the Thieving Scousers. I doubt we'll finish that high as we've had a bit of luck in beating the likes of Chelsea and Spurs but against Man Utd, City and Arsenal we're yet to win and we need to play all five of those teams again.

Before I forget, the opening game was against the Mackems at home, a tough game I thought. Nope. A dominant 4-0 win with goals from S Taylor, Papissto, Demba Ba & Jonas. Perfect start.

Finished my first season yesterday when the forums were down. I can't really be bothered to do a proper update so here's how I got on:

Premiership: Finish 3rd on 86 points. 7 points ahead of 4th placed Chelsea and 6 points behind Man City in 2nd. Joint top scorers with 93, but conceded 41.

League Cup: Lost on penalties in the Final after a 1-1 draw with Man City.

FA Cup: Lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the 6th Round.

Can't really complain at all with that showing, although it would have been nice to win a trophy. Cisse stormed the goalscoring charts with 38 in 46 games in all competitions, 29 in the league. Ba wasn't too shabby either with 21 in 39 appearances, although he did make 22 assists also. Honourable mentions go to Ben Arfa who made 28 assists, and JOnas who made 20 assists and also scored 14.

My transfers for the season were:

IN: Mapou Yanga Mbiwa, Toby Alderweireld, Wilfried Zaha, Ignacio Camacho, Tranquillo Barnetta and Gabriel Silva.

OUT: Lovenkrands, Best, and Kadar.

I'm now into September and the transfer window has just closed. My dealings this year are:

IN: Gylfi Sigurdsson, Zakaria Labyad, Luuk De Jong, Jose Angel, Martin Montoya, Eugenio Lombardini*, Arne Borremans*, Dean van Leeuwen.

OUT: Marveaux, Williamson, Perch, Harper, R.Taylor, Simpson.

My team for the season is:

GK: Krul, Forster

DR: Santon, Montoya

DL: Angel, Silva

DC: Mbiwa, S.Taylor

DC: Coloccini, Alderweireld

DMRC: Tiote, Camacho, Gosling

MCL: Cabaye, Labyad, Abeid

AMC: Ben Arfa, Sigurdsson, Vuckic

AML: Gutierrez, Barnetta

ST: Ba, De Jong

ST: Cisse, Zaha

@col_nufc1

Managed to get Balotelli on loan. How's he doing in your side? Where you playing him?

I play him on the right wing as a Inside Forward Attack and he is playing very good, he's played 32 games in all competitions and scored 16 with 13 assits.

Finished my first season yesterday when the forums were down. I can't really be bothered to do a proper update so here's how I got on:

Premiership: Finish 3rd on 86 points. 7 points ahead of 4th placed Chelsea and 6 points behind Man City in 2nd. Joint top scorers with 93, but conceded 41.

League Cup: Lost on penalties in the Final after a 1-1 draw with Man City.

FA Cup: Lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the 6th Round.

Can't really complain at all with that showing, although it would have been nice to win a trophy. Cisse stormed the goalscoring charts with 38 in 46 games in all competitions, 29 in the league. Ba wasn't too shabby either with 21 in 39 appearances, although he did make 22 assists also. Honourable mentions go to Ben Arfa who made 28 assists, and JOnas who made 20 assists and also scored 14.

My transfers for the season were:

IN: Mapou Yanga Mbiwa, Toby Alderweireld, Wilfried Zaha, Ignacio Camacho, Tranquillo Barnetta and Gabriel Silva.

OUT: Lovenkrands, Best, and Kadar.

A great first season for you Sean :thup:

You've assembled a pretty strong squad there but how did you manage to sell Best, R.Taylor and Marveaux ? I am getting no interest in any of them.

Anyone else had Ashley take out dividends from the club?

He hasn't took any money out on my save yet, although I am still in the first season, when did he take it out on your save ?

With the January transfer window over I thought i would post my transfers in the first season.

ftlnh5.jpg

These were the staff changes I made in the first season.

107lumc.jpg

The staff with (HS) next to there name are scouts with 20 in Judging Player Ability and Judging Player Potential, I just give them a nickname so I could indentify my best scouts when scouting players.

A great first season for you Sean :thup:

You've assembled a pretty strong squad there but how did you manage to sell Best, R.Taylor and Marveaux ? I am getting no interest in any of them.

I'm not on the 12.2 database, I started this save before it came out so using the WeeGiE update :thup:

To those that are in the second season what sort of transfer kitty do you get ?

Happy days :cool:

23rk3gx.jpg

Steve Cram, Niall Quinn, Martin O'Neill your boys took one hell of a beating :lol:

I've had to work this weekend so haven't made much progress in starting a new save. However I have bids in for Nile Ranger from Wolves (which I'm going to accept), loan bids for Lovenkrands which I turned down, but Fulham eventually offered some cash for him so I'll most likely accept that as well.

The one bid I'm debating with myself about is a £15.5 million bid for Coloccini from Man City. They originally offered £9.25 million for him and I replied asking for £20 million, after some back and forth they've put in this offer for him. I'm considering accepting it as the one deal would probably fund my moves for Joe Allen, Chris Brunt and Toby Alderweireld.

Haven't settled on a left back target yet as Ajax have already snapped up M'Bengue and Dodo has gone to Wigan.

Happy days :cool:

23rk3gx.jpg

Steve Cram, Niall Quinn, Martin O'Neill your boys took one hell of a beating :lol:

Nice to see Titus lending a helping hand as ever....

Nice to see Titus lending a helping hand as ever....

Good old Shambles, bless him.

After that result Martin O'Neill has been sacked and they have appointed, wait for it, Agent Steve Bruce again :lol:

Bruce ended up getting the Man Utd job on my original Newcastle save.....wasn't too long before he got the boot there to be replaced by Big Eck Mcleish

I've had to work this weekend so haven't made much progress in starting a new save. However I have bids in for Nile Ranger from Wolves (which I'm going to accept), loan bids for Lovenkrands which I turned down, but Fulham eventually offered some cash for him so I'll most likely accept that as well.

The one bid I'm debating with myself about is a £15.5 million bid for Coloccini from Man City. They originally offered £9.25 million for him and I replied asking for £20 million, after some back and forth they've put in this offer for him. I'm considering accepting it as the one deal would probably fund my moves for Joe Allen, Chris Brunt and Toby Alderweireld.

Haven't settled on a left back target yet as Ajax have already snapped up M'Bengue and Dodo has gone to Wigan.

I would definitely sell captain Colo for that, as you have already said you can bring in three quality players with that sort of transfer fee.

What about Erik Pieters for left back ? I totally forgot about him when l was looking for a left back. Also Gabriel Silva and Alex Sandro are great full backs although you'll probably have to wait until the second season to sign Alex Sandro.

Bruce ended up getting the Man Utd job on my original Newcastle save.....wasn't too long before he got the boot there to be replaced by Big Eck Mcleish

Fm does come up with some ridiculous managerial appointments from time to time.

Started a new save after the patch came out. I only signed Guti on a free and Grenier on loan from Lyon. I sold Lovenkrands and loaned out a few players including Ranger and Sammy.

I've reached the end of September and it's going pretty well tbh. The only disappointment was going out to Reading in the LC 3rd round. In the league we're currently in 5th, 4 points behind leaders Man Utd and still unbeaten.

But I may have to report a bug as Ameobi has scored 7 and assisted 3 in 5(2) matches. Surely that can't be right.

I would definitely sell captain Colo for that, as you have already said you can bring in three quality players with that sort of transfer fee.

What about Erik Pieters for left back ? I totally forgot about him when l was looking for a left back. Also Gabriel Silva and Alex Sandro are great full backs although you'll probably have to wait until the second season to sign Alex Sandro.

I was trying to avoid signing Pieters as I signed him on the last save....but when I checked he was out with for 4 months with an ankle injury anyway. When I get home tonight I'll probably accept the Colo bid and see how much I've got left after signing those three targets.

I've offered contracts to Ze Roberto and Guti to help pad out the midfield a little as well.

But I may have to report a bug as Ameobi has scored 7 and assisted 3 in 5(2) matches. Surely that can't be right.

You surely haven't played the Mackems 7 times this season have you ? that's the only team The Mackem Slayer scores against these days :lol:

Were you playing Sunderland in all of those matches or something? :eek:

Otherwise to quote Toyah...."It's a mystery to me too"

EDIT: Damn....beaten to the punch

I was trying to avoid signing Pieters as I signed him on the last save....but when I checked he was out with for 4 months with an ankle injury anyway. When I get home tonight I'll probably accept the Colo bid and see how much I've got left after signing those three targets.

I've offered contracts to Ze Roberto and Guti to help pad out the midfield a little as well.

That's a shame about Pieters being injured, Simpson and Santon have played well for me at left back when Dodo has been unavailable though.

Ze Roberto and Guti both turned me down to sign elsewhere :(.

Were you playing Sunderland in all of those matches or something? :eek:

Otherwise to quote Toyah...."It's a mystery to me too"

EDIT: Damn....beaten to the punch

You have to be quicker than that Dandy ;)

That's a shame about Pieters being injured, Simpson and Santon have played well for me at left back when Dodo has been unavailable though.

Ze Roberto and Guti both turned me down to sign elsewhere :(.

I'm not a 100% confident on Ze Roberto as the likes of Valencia and some Serie A clubs have offered him deals too. My only competition for Guti at moment is Fulham, though that might change of course.

You surely haven't played the Mackems 7 times this season have you ? that's the only team The Mackem Slayer scores against these days :lol:

No but it did all start against the unwashed. So maybe he just forgot to stop and now they're all just mackems to him.

Horrible thought that

No but it did all start against the unwashed. So maybe he just forgot to stop and now they're all just mackems to him.

Horrible thought that

Mind you gives me an idea for Pardew....just get Derren Brown in to perform some kind of psychological trick on Shola so he thinks every game is the next Sunderland match.

He'd be unstoppable.

Does anyone else find Williamson to be absolutely useless? Every single time I've given him a chance he's been god awful.

Shame no one will buy him from me, but I can't blame them.

Does anyone else find Williamson to be absolutely useless? Every single time I've given him a chance he's been god awful.

Shame no one will buy him from me, but I can't blame them.

He was awful for me as well so I was delighted when Fulham came in for him in January. To be fair though he is a Championship player in real life and I am never confident in him when he's on the pitch.

Screwed at the moment as both Colo & S Taylor are injured. Brought in one back up as Coda from Udinese but now January's passed and I'm stuck with the choice of Williamson or Kadar alongside him.

Summer can't come long enough as I've got Davide Astori from Cagliari coming in on a free.

Screwed at the moment as both Colo & S Taylor are injured. Brought in one back up as Coda from Udinese but now January's passed and I'm stuck with the choice of Williamson or Kadar alongside him.

Summer can't come long enough as I've got Davide Astori from Cagliari coming in on a free.

I would go for Kadar as he is more mobile than Williamson and also a better all round player who will only improve with game time.

I have also agreed to sign Davide Astori on a bosman free transfer at the end of the season.