Sports Interactive Community
DandyDon

FM2012: Newcastle United thread - Triumphing by brave defending.....well maybe!

Just crashed out in Champions League First Knockout Round by Lyon :( Won 1-0 at home and Velazquez missed a penalty, Lost 1-0 away and lost 3-1 on penalties. Lloris was the big different and saved 3 of our penalties. Was also named man of the match as well. That penalty miss in first leg really comes back and haunts us /o\

Also won the Carling Cup. 4-0 over Blackpool.

@tommonufc, great buy there!

@DandyDon, LOL!!

Just broke my bank on end season shopping with just 2 players. Can't bring the transfer fee down further so i have to settle for...

Costa Douglas on 10m upfront + 27m over 48mths

Eden Hazard on 10m upfront + 32m over 48mths

I will be looking for a much attacking tactic over defending in season 4. Likely to play 4132(DMC, AML, AMR. ST, ST).

@rhchia

Which season are you in again? That's probably not a bad fee for Hazard, I've seen him move to Real on my save for £44 million upfront. He should certainly prove worth it though :thup:

Currently coming to the end of the 15/16 Season and I've built up a lead of 13 Points ahead of the closest rival Man Utd.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/dishy91/leaguetable.png

This is the squad I've got at the moment (missing from the list Daniel Strurridge, Danny Welbeck and Andrew Morris (regen)

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/dishy91/squad.png

and a couple of regens from that list are:

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/dishy91/sampeake.png

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/dishy91/craigreed.png

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/dishy91/brunoguillou.png

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/dishy91/andrewmorris.png

Does anyone have any advice on developing young regens? It's always been something I've struggled with, however when this season ends I'd like to try and develop younger players at the club. I'll be looking into the training section to try and develop some schedules also.

(hope this links work!?)

Alright guys, started a save with Newcastle the other day an im now in October of the 2nd season. 1st season was a good one for us finishing 5th in the League and qualifying for Europe, crashed out of the League Cup to Peterbrough on pens in the 3rd round and lost to WBA in the 6th round of the FA Cup. Transfer wise i brung in Diarra (free), Vrsaljko (3m), Digne (2.5m) and in January i brung in Kolbein Sigporsson (4.5m), who was an absolute revelation scoring 12 goals in 14(2) apps!. I sold Guthrie and Lovenkrands for 1m each.

Onto the 2nd season i brung in Stephen Warnock (2.5m), Aaron Hughes (1m), Ivo Pekalski (2m), Aaron Petrie (500k), Owen Hargreaves (free), Clarence Seedorf (free), Filippo Boniperti (free), Simone Benedetti (free) and sold Demba Ba (8.5m), Xisco (1m), Ryan Taylor (free) and sent Williamson and Ameobi out on loan because i couldnt get any buyers for em. Loads of players left on frees aswell.

Were plodding along nicely this season aswell, 3rd in the League with 6 wins, 1 draw an 1 loss from 8 games. Top of our Europa League group which contains, Bayern Munich, Metalist and Stabaek, with 2 wins and a draw from our first 3 games. Really enjoying this save so far, long may it continue

Been a while since I've updated on my progress in here. Been really busy with life etc.

Anyway, just about half way through my fourth season now and I'm proud to say my unbeaten run has been extended to 57 league matches - less in all competitions after losing in the first leg of the previous seasons Champions League Semi vs. Real Madrid.

table14151.jpg

Rather proud of my current position and form. It's beginning to feel like all we have to do is turn up and three points are ours each week.

domestic results:

resultsdomestic14151.jpg

Rather proud of the 4-1 at the Stadium of Plight above all other results really. The two formations I prefer are both lone striker formations, and in the 32nd minute Jay Rodriguez was forced off injured with the score at 1-1. His replacement Steven Louis (regen) then got sent off in the 44th minute with the score at 2-1, and without a recognised striker and only having 10 men left on the field, I thought we'd be lucky to get a draw. I stuck Hazard up front, we scored again making the score 3-1 at half time. Hazard then had to go off in the second half, but we still managed to net a fourth while Aaron Ramsey was leading the line. I laughed.

Euro results:

resultseuro14151.jpg

I originally thought our group was pretty tough, particularly with tough away matches due at Leverkusen and Lyon. I was wrong.

There was also the club world Championships too, which I won by beating Kotoko (6-0) and Corinthians (2-1), but I couldn't find a filter for them on the results page. Nvm.

Liverpool just approached me after sacking Redknapp. 23M transfer budget, Just asked Liverpool to delay it until end of the season. Liverpool finished 7th last season and currently sitting 7th, I'm 6th, 14 points ahead of Liverpool. Tempted to go, Might do separate save.

Liverpool just approached me after sacking Redknapp. 23M transfer budget, Just asked Liverpool to delay it until end of the season. Tempted to go.

boo hiss, stay with us!

I've been offered a fair few jobs on my save, but I've turned them down in the quest to win as much as possible for Newcastle before moving to another country. On previous versions of FM I would of jumped ship, got bored half a season down the line, regret my decision and start a fresh with Newcastle again.

boo hiss, stay with us!

I've been offered a fair few jobs on my save, but I've turned them down in the quest to win as much as possible for Newcastle before moving to another country. On previous versions of FM I would of jumped ship, got bored half a season down the line, regret my decision and start a fresh with Newcastle again.

Haha. Just delayed Hamsik transfer to the Toon. 30.5M for him, tempted to sell Cabaye.

Not sure if I want to sign him or look at other positions instead. got 5 MC competing for 2 MC spot.

EDIT: Liverpool just offered 18.5M for Cabaye, 16.25M over 48 months. Accepted their offer, Might sign Hamsik now but still not if it worth spending 30M on him.

EDIT 1: Cabaye wanted me to pay him 41K p/w until 2017, Said no, will be staying at the club for now.

@rhchia

Which season are you in again? That's probably not a bad fee for Hazard, I've seen him move to Real on my save for £44 million upfront. He should certainly prove worth it though :thup:

i'm in my pre season of seaon 4 (2014/2015).

Alright lads - a long time since i've posted. Currently still plying away with FM11 and my Toon save - decided to re-visit it again after my 6th season and have played on until my 10th having just won the entire lot. FM12 is currently nestled under my Christmas tree (present from my bruv) so going to take a bit of a break before i get stuck into another Toon save - probably until the next transfer window is shut. I've been following the post eagerly and firstly hats off to you Don for creating this brilliant NUFC forum. I see a lot of guys dip in early into the transfer window but wanted to know how people are getting on developing the youngsters on FM12? In reality we have some really exciting players coming through in the likes of Ferguson, Sammy Ameobi, Vuckic and Michael Richardson but how are these guys getting on, in the game? I see a lot of mentions about Adam Campbell - is there anyone else worth keeping an eye on? I'm really holding out high hopes for Sammy - has anyone had any luck? Looking forward to people's feedback

From what I've seen nobody has had any luck with Sammy, purely because he just isn't rated that highly in real life. Adam Campbell was disappointing on mine, but that could of been due to lack of training/tutoring/game time I had with him.

The two I tried the hardest with were Abeid and Vuckic, here are screen shots (Vuckic has just been sold as I felt he had gone as fas as he could)

vuckic.png

abeid-1.png

I'm going to do end of the season review soon. Currently got 8 games left.

Adam Campbell is in the reserves on mine, just recently signed new contract.

Sammy - Sent him on loan to Rotherham, Tempted to sell him at the end of the season.

Abeid - Sitting in the reserves.

Vuckic - Played 7 games in all competition this season ( 3 starts, 4 subs), tempted to rotate him a lot with Eriksen next season.

Alright lads - a long time since i've posted. Currently still plying away with FM11 and my Toon save - decided to re-visit it again after my 6th season and have played on until my 10th having just won the entire lot. FM12 is currently nestled under my Christmas tree (present from my bruv) so going to take a bit of a break before i get stuck into another Toon save - probably until the next transfer window is shut. I've been following the post eagerly and firstly hats off to you Don for creating this brilliant NUFC forum. I see a lot of guys dip in early into the transfer window but wanted to know how people are getting on developing the youngsters on FM12? In reality we have some really exciting players coming through in the likes of Ferguson, Sammy Ameobi, Vuckic and Michael Richardson but how are these guys getting on, in the game? I see a lot of mentions about Adam Campbell - is there anyone else worth keeping an eye on? I'm really holding out high hopes for Sammy - has anyone had any luck? Looking forward to people's feedback

In the 2015/16 season on my save and the youngsters have been largely disappointing for me. Abeid and Vukic did alright when called on, but have dropped behind a couple of the regens in the pecking order. They're currently out on loan to keep giving them regular football. Not sure if it was just bad luck on my part but Adam Campbell seemed to develop a real snotty attitude, refusing to be tutored on several occasions by some of my 1st team stars and his technical and mental attributes have remained resolutely mediocre regardless of what sort of training regime I put him on.

since we are in the topic of developing regen i have a couple of questions to it

1) How do i know if the regen is worth our effort to develop him? i heard people talking about flair and their characteristic

2) Is there a way to know who is a suitable tutor for a regen?

3) Do the different player interaction means different thing?

4) Do you sign experience(age > 32) but not first team player to tutor the regen?

Ferguson, Sammy Ameobi, Vuckic, Michael Richardson, Adam Campbell are rated 3 star PA so i felt its not worth developing them. In fact normally in the pre-season, i'll select all my reserve players and offer to club on loan.

To be fair developing the initial youth players and later regens has always been a bit of a mystery to me, sometimes it seems to work and I end up with a star on my hands...other times the poor kid leaves the club on a freebie with no career to speak of.

As to whether the player is worth the effort or not it's partly down to your own guesswork using the info your scouts and coaches give you, I tend to look for players with a decent determination and that scouts indicate has a personality similar to that of the current squad players but that's about as scientific as I get in my approach to be honest :p

Real Madrid have just offered me Sergio Canales for £3.1 million and I've decided to make the bid, so hopefully he'll be arriving in the January window to freshen up the squad and help add an extra option considering our lengthy injury list so far.

175px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png

Season 2012/13

hr0xT.jpg

FA Cup - 5th Round ( Lost to Man Utd)

Carling Cup - Winners (4-0 against Blackpool)

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round ( lost to Lyon on penalties)

Players stats

UwiBO.jpg

Summary

What a season! I was so shocked to see I finished 3rd, Because Chelsea was drawing against Arsenal until 90+2, Bendtner scored the winner for Arsenal \o/ Hoping to win FA Cup next season. I think I'm going to turn down the Liverpool job, I'm building a good team at Newcastle and wants to keep going with them and start challenging for the title next season.

Transfers target for next season

Luka Modric

Marek Hamsik

Edinson Cavani

Álvaro Domínguez

Karim Benzema

Hamsik is currently unhappy at Napoli, as I want to bolster the MC areas

Want to bring in goalscoring striker and Benzema and Cavani fits the bill, Wilfried tends to miss easy chances /o\

EDIT: Got 23M to spend next season, already signed a regen for striker position :thup: Will update later.

I finally got tookover by a tycoon and now have a £100m transfer budget :).

Still running the team under the premise of being build for the future.

Signed:

Jack Wilshire £18m

Kyle Walker £16m + incentives.

I could mad and sign Ronaldo but he is 29 now on my game and I don't want to pay 80M+ for a player will decline in the next 5 years.

My strikers are:

Vaclev Kadlec - £5m signing from first season.

Karouma Babacar - £4m due to be offered for sale.

Darwin Quintero - £5.25 as again he was offered for sale.

The midfield is Rodwell, Labyad and Wilshire so is probably the best young players on offer.

Wingers are Adem Ljajic, Dos Santos, Hazard and Adam Johnson and there all amazing at both creating and scoring.

Fergie retired so I signed up Rene Meulesteen and Brain McClair as couches :).

Average age of the squad is 25 with the youngest first team player being 19.

It should be an exciting 4th season in charge as the chairman wants to make us the new Man City :D.

Your new couches, are these newly installed at St. James' as the subs bench? :D

Heh. Ikea so I got them cheap. Should make nice bench warmers though ;).

Some pretty ambitious transfer targets there john.

Anyone you're planning to offload to raise some extra pocket money?

I want to bring in "Marquee" players to boost the club rep or whatever etc etc. Which why those players is on my wishlist. But now I feel I can't afford one of them due him giving me 23M to spend :(

Cabeye, Krul some other deadwood. Now I can confirm I won't be going for Benzema or Cavani as both not interested joining me :( And Hamsik's agent is being a ****. Telling me that his client doesn't want to hold talks with me, I know for sure he does, as I was close to sign him before end of the season but cancelled the deal. And now I'm on his dislike list. Again, I'm going to try again, Napoli only wants 28M for him.

Modric is interested in joining me and I need to sell players to raise funds for Modric deal which is at 30M.

Got Aberdeen as my feeder club, will send couple of youngsters there :thup:

2016-17 season finished, and I've won the league for the first time :) Came back from 0-2 down against Man Utd on the final day of the season to get the points I needed.

league1617.jpg

Really happy with my squad at the moment. Plenty of pace, creativity, versatility, and strength in depth.

GK: Krul

DR: Santon/Inkoom

DC: Papadopoulos/Saylor

DC: Hernandez (regen)/Toro

DL: Strinic/van Aanholt

CM (bwm): N'Diaye/Morel (regen)

CM (dlp): James Rodriguez/Eriksen/Bertolacci

AM (tq): Erick Torres/Kleber (regen)

AM (am): Fornetti (regen)/Eriksen/Rodriguez

ST (cf support): Mashishi (regen)/Erick Torres

ST (cf attack): Skinner (regen)/Musa

Here's the star performer, Lorenzo Fornetti:

fornetti2.jpg

In the cups, I won the Europa League (2-0 v PSG), lost in the League Cup final (2-5 v Man Utd), and out in the 5th round of the FA Cup (0-1 v Arsenal).

Chelsea offered by a job at the end of the season, with a tempting transfer budget of £47m. I decided to keep the faith and was rewarded for my success with a transfer budget of...£9.5m. Sweet.

Great way to end the season Fulax :thup:

Shame the board have decided to be tight, but at least you've got some real quality in the team already.

i got my request to increase budget for junior coaching as well as recruitment network but nothing chances in the facilities.

Junior coaching: Adequate junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Above average youth recruitment

anyone facing the same issue?

i got my request to increase budget for junior coaching as well as recruitment network but nothing chances in the facilities.

Junior coaching: Adequate junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Above average youth recruitment

anyone facing the same issue?

That's strange. Everytime I ask to upgrade them the only option I get is cut back on them. Desperately want to upgrade both.

And the chairman is upgrading youth facilities at the moment.

Could someone show me some basic training routines, and how to set training schedules up? Also any reccomendations for Backroom Staff?

Could someone show me some basic training routines, and how to set training schedules up? Also any reccomendations for Backroom Staff?

best place to ask is in the Training forum Ruvio4

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Tactics-amp-Training-Discussion

I've never been much kop at devising my own training routines, so I tend to download some from there and make use of them.

Could someone suggest a Tactic? I'm looking to start a save ASAP, but need a good tactic, thinking 4-4-2, Possesion and Teamwork being the focus?

Thanks I've got one, could you suggest something for my above post? What have you used?

I've used the '4-2-3-1 Deep' Rovio and changed a few of the roles and 9 times out of 10 I dominate teams.

Also, I can't praise Moussa Sow enough, 37 goals in 35 games (league) first season I started, bagged him for 11m, he also won PWA player of the year. Jonas the other award! He is an assist machine lol.

How does everyone play Shaqiri, as in what role/position? He doesnt seem to perform for me, Obertan has taken his place back!

Cant wait to get started on a Newcastle game! The wife has got me FM for crimbo so have had to wait for a good while for it, only a couple more days till my life becomes taken over by FM again!!

Cant wait to get started on a Newcastle game! The wife has got me FM for crimbo so have had to wait for a good while for it, only a couple more days till my life becomes taken over by FM again!!

Good luck with it when you get started :thup:

Haven't had much chance to get on with my save recently and it'll probably be after New Year before I get the chance to carry on (once all the relatives have visited or been visited and all the pressies opened etc).

So best of luck for the festive season for all the Toon posters. :thup:

decided to move on to a L2 save. Likely to be wimbledon. Wish me good luck! oh and pple here wish u success too!

Definitely hang on to Cabaye (obviously :p), apart from that I would hang on to Vukusic if he's anything like as good as he could be on FM11, probably most of the central defenders (unless you've got some signings already lined up there) along with Santon and Whittaker. I'd probably try and offload the other fullbacks and sign better if I could.

Some of the other players you've got I'm not so familiar with, but I would hang on to Krohn-Dehli till the end of the season, he's doing a good job for me on a Dortmund save playing at AMR in a 4-2-3-1 tactic. As you're in August I doubt you'll be able to offload too many of the squad before the window closes but I would try to sign another good central midfielder and a winger or two if you've been given any kind of budget worth a damn.

Where did that squad finish last season before you took over?

Definitely hang on to Cabaye (obviously :p), apart from that I would hang on to Vukusic if he's anything like as good as he could be on FM11, probably most of the central defenders (unless you've got some signings already lined up there) along with Santon and Whittaker. I'd probably try and offload the other fullbacks and sign better if I could.

Some of the other players you've got I'm not so familiar with, but I would hang on to Krohn-Dehli till the end of the season, he's doing a good job for me on a Dortmund save playing at AMR in a 4-2-3-1 tactic. As you're in August I doubt you'll be able to offload too many of the squad before the window closes but I would try to sign another good central midfielder and a winger or two if you've been given any kind of budget worth a damn.

Where did that squad finish last season before you took over?

cheers. there was 14th and its was April not august.

i just finished the season. this how it Finished

barclayspremierleagueov.png

under the green line the games i had since i took over .

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

cheers. there was 14th and its was April not august.

Whoops, managed to completely misread the date on your screenshot :rolleyes: Couple too many pre-christmas drinkies maybe :D

I might look for an AMC as well if possible, provide some competition for Ben Arfa. :thup: How much has Fat Mike offered you for a budget this summer?

Whoops, managed to completely misread the date on your screenshot :rolleyes: Couple too many pre-christmas drinkies maybe :D

I might look for an AMC as well if possible, provide some competition for Ben Arfa. :thup: How much has Fat Mike offered you for a budget this summer?

not there yet but when took over he said 5.5million :(