Sports Interactive Community
DandyDon

FM2012: Newcastle United thread - Triumphing by brave defending.....well maybe!

@john1

Keep your eye on Benzema, he's been released on a free on my save, kept turning down their contract offers.

@CFish

I had Dawson in my side and he was a cracking player, but unfortuntately when I signed the Mexican defender Jose Dominguez he had such an impact alongside Taylor it got hard for Dawson to get back in the team.

@dishy91

I use Cabaye as a Deep Lying Playmaker/Support but I tweak his individual instructions a bit. I'll try and check his exact settings the next time I'm on my save and stick up a screenie. He had 37 assists last season, and most of them from open play as I had other players taking most of the set pieces.

In my first season with Newcastle:

Formation: 442 tweaked as to whether home/away and opposition (back up 451)

Strikers: D Ba/Amauri

Wingers: Gutierrez/Obertan

Midfield:Toite/Cabaye

FB:Santon/Mathews(or Simpson/Clyne)

CB:Friedrich/Taylor or Coloccini

Subs:S.Ireland/Gosling/Marveaux/Best/B.Arfa/Harper or Foster

Backups: Williams/Kadar/Loverkands

Currently played 25 games lying in 4th position

So players in:

Amauri (Juv £275k)

Friedrich (free)

Ngoo (Liverpool 240k) youngster

Lascelles (Notts Forest 1m) hot prospect

Ireland (Aston Villa 5.5m) But playing well

Clyne ( Crystal Palace 4.2m) already first team player

Adam Matthews (Celtic 2m) already first team player

Total = £13.75m

Out (only noteworthy)

Perch (Southampton 350k)

R. Taylor (Blackburn 725k)

Guthrie (Leicester 975k)

Smith (free)

Total = £2.1m

Further reports to follow.

@CFish

I had Dawson in my side and he was a cracking player, but unfortuntately when I signed the Mexican defender Jose Dominguez he had such an impact alongside Taylor it got hard for Dawson to get back in the team.

@dishy91

I use Cabaye as a Deep Lying Playmaker/Support but I tweak his individual instructions a bit. I'll try and check his exact settings the next time I'm on my save and stick up a screenie. He had 37 assists last season, and most of them from open play as I had other players taking most of the set pieces.

Thanks Dandydon.

Regarding Dawson, I recommend getting him in, was a first team regular last year making 33 appearances. He hasn't made half as many this year as I signed Jagielka and Migliaccio, but provides great cover, he's English and isn't one of those English players that demand ridiculous money.

Thanks Dandydon.

Regarding Dawson, I recommend getting him in, was a first team regular last year making 33 appearances. He hasn't made half as many this year as I signed Jagielka and Migliaccio, but provides great cover, he's English and isn't one of those English players that demand ridiculous money.

Here you go dishy91.

4-4-2 Instructions

cabayeinstructions442.png

4-2-3-1 Instructions

cabayeintructions4231.png

There's not a huge amount of difference other than I give him a lot more creative freedom in the 4-2-3-1 and licence to roam from position as we've got more bodies and cover in midfield in that formation. Prefer him to roam less in the 4-4-2 and hold his position alongside Tiote/Nainggolan.

im play Eriksen AM how will i get the best out of him Attacking Midfeilder Attack, Trequastria or Advacned Playmaker attack?

im play Eriksen AM how will i get the best out of him Attacking Midfeilder Attack, Trequastria or Advacned Playmaker attack?

What does your coach tell you about him re his report. That will help guide you re his position?

Season Update - 2015/16 - Pre-Season

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

After a pretty triumphant 2014/15 season my main aim during the summer was to keep the bulk of the squad in place and perhaps add a little extra cover (particularly wanted to find some back up at right back, and cover on the wings after Adam Johnson's horrible injury). Another aim is to bed in a couple of the young regens who've been developing in the u18s and reserves.

Other than a horrible showing against Marseille the pre-season matches went pretty well, dominating possession and creating plenty chances in all of the games. We should have buried Real Sociedad but despite having 25 shots on goal they clung on for a draw. We've managed to carry the form into the first competitive game of the new season where we destroyed West Ham in the Charity Shield, Alberto Paloschi now fully fit again and straight back on to the scoresheet.

I managed to secure Kyle Walker from Fulham for £10 million, and he'll provide some competition for Rafael at right back this year. Nani had been transfer listed by Man Utd, and we snapped him up for a relatively bargain fee of £4.2 million. His agents demands were pretty reasonable as well and he's on £40,500 a week plus bonuses. (He actually asked for less, but I offered him a little more to fend off a bid from Roma).

I've started the process of introducing a couple of the youngsters to more regular 1st team action, and there's a couple in particular I have high hopes for, along with the now established Leandro Sequeira.

Malo Louis - D©

malolouisoverviewprofil.png

18 years old, strong, tough tackling with 4.5 stars for potential. Now in his 3rd year at the club, and he made a few appearances last season, mostly in the cups. Managed a 7.40 average rating from 5 league appearances though, so I reckon he's ready to stake a claim this year. Hope he can form a good partnership alongside Dominguez.

Luis Miguel Garza - M/AM©,ST

luismiguelgarzaoverview.png

Like Louis, Garza is in his 3rd year at the club and also rated with 4.5 stars for potential by the coaches. He's not the most creative of AMCs (his favoured position) but he is quick, with great passing and set piece delivery and fantastic work ethic. He's made a few appearances in the last 2 seasons, and generally produces a goal threat whenever he plays. In his 1st season he made 2 starts and 3 subs appearances and scored three goals and made 3 assists (generally used as the second striker in those games rather than at AMC). Last season he made 6 appearances, all starts and scored only 1 goal, but made 5 assists.

He was being tutored by Xavi before his retirement and is now currently being tutored by Cabaye. Hopefully that might help a little with some of his other mental attributes, but I am considering trying to develop his abilities as a striker.

Hey guys, started a Newcastle save after failing to get a few others and so far its been one of the most enjoyable saves iv had for a while so heres a little update on my progress so far.

Transfers

transferss.png

I may have paid over the odds for Erikksen but i desperately wanted him and Ajax would except no less than 12. Kayal came in to rotate with Cabaye and Tiote. Griezmann came in in January to provide a creative spark. I have also signed Carlos Fierro on a pre contract so he'll be joining in the summer.

Team

tactics.png

I'm playing a 4-1-2-2-1 using wwfan's Barcelona Interpretation tactics which can be found here.

League So Far

league1.png

My league form has been absolutely great so far but its a very tight league so heres hoping i can hold on and get a champions league spot. I still have a lot of hard games coming up.

leaguecup.png

First bit of silverware for my team and hopefully not the last. I'm also into the FA cup semis where again I have drawn Leicester.

Griezmann is a top quality player and is one of the first players on my teamsheet in the 4th season, provides both goals and assists and recently won the World Cup with France, finishing in the First XI of the tournament. Cabaye would've as well if he hadn't got injured...

Do you have to achieve anything in order to obtain a billion are takeover? 2nd season won the league, FA Cup and Champions League and at the end of the season I am in the process of a board takeover :(, sounds crap to me.

End of season 4 update

Finally won my first trophies as Newcastle manager. First winning the League Cup and then the League on the final day of the season. We were 2 points ahead of City ahead of the last match. They had to play Tottenham at the Etihad and we faced West Ham away from home. So really it shouldn't have been to difficult but West Ham scored after 13min and then Taylor picked up a second yellow after 25min. I decided to play 3 at the back but 3min later Carlton Cole scored to put us 2 behind. Then I took off Walcott to bring on another defender and thats when we started to control the match. Doumbia(38) and Gaitan(44) at least put us level at half-time and after 66min Doumbia finally put us ahead to clinch the title. All this time I didn't even look how City were playing so when I clicked continue after the match I found out they only drew against Tottenham and all that hard work by my team wasn't even needed.

englishpremierdivisionof.png

FA Cup - lost 3:2 to Man Utd in the 5th round replay

League Cup - Won 1:0 against Swansea

Champions Cup - Lost on away goals to City in the semis

Stats

newcastleunitedsquadpla.png

Do you have to achieve anything in order to obtain a billion are takeover? 2nd season won the league, FA Cup and Champions League and at the end of the season I am in the process of a board takeover :(, sounds crap to me.

Luck of the draw basically, the decision is down to the existing chairman which bid he accepts. Nothing you can do to influence it as far as I'm aware.

Griezmann is a top quality player and is one of the first players on my teamsheet in the 4th season, provides both goals and assists and recently won the World Cup with France, finishing in the First XI of the tournament. Cabaye would've as well if he hadn't got injured...

Totally agree with you. He's been superb for me since joining with 4 goals and 9 assists in 12 games with an average rating of 7.62.

can anybody please help me out, I go on search players but it only brings up crap free players

???

Check your show custom search options on the top right of your page. if its not that csan you post a screenie of your player search page.

can anybody please help me out, I go on search players but it only brings up crap free players

???

are you under a transfer embargo?

I'm going to take a break from Newcastle. Fancy having a bash at Dutch league, might go with AZ or Feyenoord.

First Season Summary

League

So we managed to hold on to second place in the end which i was absolutely delighted about. My preseason aim was to ghet Euro Cup qualification so to actually put up a somewhat title challenge was a good achievement. But now with the added onus of Champions League participation next year my squad will need quite considerable strengthening. I was very lucky with injuries this season with barely any of my key players being out for more than a week or two at a time. I also felt my team totally overachieved for the level and depth of the squad so for next season i will be looking to bring in a number of players to beef up and improve the team for fighting for success in four different competitions. A new goalkeeper will be needed and ter Stegen is the man i'm looking to bring in. My scout says he will be available for 12 mil which i think is a steal considering his class and the fact he will be my number 1 for over 10 years (hopefully). A centre back is also required to partner Coloccini and because im losing a few home grown players im thinking of either Shawcross or Cahill. I'd also like to add more creativity to the team so im looking to bring in another winger and another advanced playmaker. Piatti is unsettled at Valencia right now so he could be an option. Finally i'm looking to bring in another striker as i just wasnt convinced with Ba last season. I see a lot of people have had success with Sow but unfortunately hes been snapped up already on my game. All and anysuggestions are welcome.

league2.png

FA Cup

So I managed a double this year. To be fair both cup runs were fairly easy with the "biggest" team faced was Arsenal in the league cup but I'll take them any way the come.

facupt.png

2015/16 - Season Update - Transfer Window

After adding Kyle Walker and Nani to the squad early on in the summer and showing some good form in the pre-season friendlies we finally got the season underway. Almost as soon as we did I had some players clamouring for the exit when they weren't picked in the first couple of matches.

Tiote had been struggling last season to be a regular starter and decided he wanted a new challenge and ended up moving to ESTAC Troyes in France for £4.6 million. Tevez basically threw his toys out of the pram after not being selected for the opening league matches and so I offered him out to other clubs and got bids of £10 million from Liverpool and Chelsea. In the end he decided to sign up with Liverpool. I think it proved to be a pretty decent deal for us getting 10 million for a 31 year old player in the last year of his contract, and we'd signed for free. Tshabalala also finally left after being out on loan for the last 2 seasons, moving to Roma for £1.7 million. I had deals agreed for Marveaux but he rejected them all and is currently languishing in our reserves.

Late in the transfer window I added a couple more players to the squad, pilfering Andrew Jenkins, a potentially superb poacher from Arsenal's under 18s, for £6.25 million. Arjen Robben joined for the season on loan from Bayern Munich to add some experience and good cover for both wings. (He was transfer listed, but I went for the loan deal as we wouldn't have to fully pay his crazy wages)

We've gotten off to a solid start to the season winning our first 2 league matches and then destroying Arsenal in the European Super Cup. However we're having a raft of injury problems so far, Jose Dominguez, Steven Taylor, Mateo Musacchio and Jack Robinson all currently injured from our defence along with Jack Wilshere crocked on international duty, Garza and Bressan injured in training. All of those will be out for a month or more and with Adam Johnson still out long term it's quite a hefty appointment list in the physio room. :rolleyes:

Andrew Jenkins - AM®,ST

andrewjenkinsoverviewpr.png

This is the lad we snapped up from Arsenal, as you can see the coaches gave him 4.5 stars for potential. His finishing and composure need some work, but hopefully having him tutored by Hernandez and Paloschi should help there.

Dominic Jones - D/WB(RL)

dominicjonesoverviewpro.png

The other main youth signing in the summer was this lad, signed from West Ham for £2.5 million. Good young fullback capable of playing on either side of the defence.

Second Season

Transfers

I went a bit mental with my transfer budget this season by buying a few of my signings over 48 months but i really felt that the squad needed serious strengthening if i was to build on last season successes. So in came ter Stegen who will be my number 1 for the next ten years or so so i felt that this was a great deal for value for money. Shawcross is a player i havent managed before on FM so i decided to go for him plus he has the added bonus of being homegrown. Henriksen has come in to rotate with Eriksen in the advanced playmaker role and my scouts say he has a four and a half star potential. Piatti is a player i really like in real life so when i seen he was unhappy at Valencia i pounced and got him on board. He'll hopefully chip in with a fair amount of assists and goals this year that was saddly lacking from the right hand side last year. Upfront iv brought in Doumbia and Fierro. Iv seen a lot of positive reviews of Doumbia so heres hoping and Fierro looks like he could become a real class act.

transfers2.png

Don't you just love playing Real Madrid, just thrashed them again in the first leg of my latest Champions League tussle with them :D

NewcastlevRMadridInformation_Overview-1.png

Head-to-heads..

NewcastleUnitedFixtures_PastMeetings.png

Must be getting a bid blase about facing the Madridistas now tommo? :p better watch you don't get too cocky though

@Kevmcc87

Spent some big money there, those players should all make an impact. :thup: Doumbia is at Man Utd on my save and he's banging plenty goals in for them and Shawcross and ter Stegen should help tighten things up at the back for sure.

@Kevmcc87

Doumbia and ter Stegen are great signings. Especially Doumbia, he's been scoring something like a goal every 1.25 matches over the last 3 seasons.

Must be getting a bid blase about facing the Madridistas now tommo? :p better watch you don't get too cocky though

I must admit it's been all abit too easy up until now :D Will finish off the tie later this evening, and probably the season at that; so shall whack up how this year has gone ect.

Second Season Update

League going well so far but it looks like its gonna be a tight one all the way again. Drawn against Rangers(SCUM) in the first knockout in the Champions League.

league3.png

clgroup.png

Your right guys. Doumbias benn awesome for me so far. Hopefully he can keep this going

doumbia.png

leagueplayerstats.png

Champions

It was a tight one all the way but my boys finally came out on top. This is totally due to my attacking trident of Doumbia, Piatti and Griezmann. Doumbia was an absolute revelation. He always popped up throughout the season with crucial goals that either got us a win or a draw. He's definately my best signing so far on FM12.

I added Glen Johnson and Dennis Aogo in the January transfer window after Santon was ruled out for 5 months and Simpson wasn't performing for me. I feel that we still conceded too many goals and unfortunately it looks like i'm gonna have to replace Coloccini as he doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Another player to come in in January was Afellay for 3.7 mil as he was transfer listed at Barca. He contributed with 9 goals and 13 assists in 25 apps.

I dont think im gonna have a big transfer budget due to last years spending so some wheeling and dealing is in order. Jonas went in January to Roma for 8 mil and Arsenal have put a bid of 10.25 in for Krul. Krul actually played Superb for me last year when ter Stegen was out for 2 months in December and it wasn't till his form started to dip in early April that ter Stegen was recalled.

Apart from a new centre half, I dont think my squad needs much tinkering at all so gonna concentrate in bringing regens in to train and then hopefully get them in the first team but if not get some cash for them. I'm gonna need to start really watching my finances so i need to start making some profit on players.

leaguek.png

fixturesi.png

Along with my league success there was also a TOTALLY unexpected added bonus of this...........

bayernp.png

And it was mostly due to this man. He's an absolute beast. Any body thats needing a good striker i cannot recomend this guy enough. Just have a look for yourselfs.

doumbia1.png

Anyone got Papadopoulos in their team. I'v got the chance to get him but Schalke want 28 mil for him which is a lot more than i like to pay for a centre half but he looks like a beast and he's young enough to be the cornerstone of my team for 10 years or so?

End of Season 3 Update

Treble!

Season3_Treble.png

season3_table.png

Want to thank everyone here who have guided me on players and also tactic setup. This is a fantastic season! Players purchased at the end of season 2 and middle of season 3 has proved to match my expectations. In fact i was only aiming for good performance in league cup but it ended up clinching both the league up and fa cup as well as the BPL trophy! Here's the stats

Home: 14W 4D 1L +35DG

Away: 12W 4D 3L +14DG

Tactic

Home: 4-2-2-2 (DMC, DMC, AML, AMR, ST, ST)

Away: 4-2-1-2-1 (DMC, DMC, MC, AML, AMR, ST)

Both tactic i use Standard Strategy. For away i drop the defensive line, up the time wasting and also use short passing style. Somehow i managed to regain few more % of possession.

season3_transfer.png

season3_rating.png

David Ospina has been a awesome keeper for me. Started off as a rotation with Krul. He score 11/32 clean sheet.

Danny Wilson was brought into the squad as a replacement for colo. Did a fairy good job. 69% passes succeeded, 84% tackle won, 87% header won.

Fernando Gago free transfer from real madrid. Added competition for DMC spot against first team Cabaye and totie. 87% passes succeeded, 71% tackle won, 58% header won. Not too bad for a zero cost player but i expected him to perform better.

Javi Garcia at only 950k, the spanish who came from SLB did a better job compared to Gago. 85% passes succeeded, 83% tackle won, 80% header won.

Ryan Babel. Not impressed by his overall stats. 75% passes succeeded, 44% tackle won, 17% Crosses succeeded

Marc Albrighton Can be better. 78% passes succeeded, 60% tackle won, 18% Crosses succeeded

Carlo Vela 12 goal and 9 asts in 19(2) games. 81% passes succeeded, 29% shot on target. Supposed to play him as AML until he prove to be a goal scorer playing ST.

Daniel Sturridge 8 goal and 9 asts in 13(14) games. 84% passes succeeded, 46% shot on target.

Carlos Fierro 9 goal and 2 asts in 5(5) games. 75% passes succeeded, 36% shot on target.

Future

Signed a dozen of youngster from INF Clairefontaine who are on amateur contract(no compensation). Gonna leave them in the team for a couple of years and see if i can sell them off for profit.

Potential players i see i can possible groom will be Osa Cobb, Marcelo and Jack Butland.

Gotta look at my squad again before deciding who to sell and buy. Probably going to sell Rochina as i have difficulty rotating my 6 strikers - Daniel Sturridge, Carlos Vela, Wilfried, Carlo Fierro, Ruben Rochina and Yaya Sanogo.

2014/15 - European Bliss, Domestic Woe

Premier League

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-5.png

NewcastleUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

2nd, highest position thus far; but the points total would have seen me finish 5th last season. Final position would have been a whole lot worse if I didn't put together a 17 game unbeaten run, in which I only conceded 6 goals! Between Birmingham away and Blackburn away saw me play around with new and creative tactics and formations, so if this had been avoided the gap between Man City at the top would have been considerably smaller.

In the Cups, I lost out to Tottenham in the Community Shield, 5th round in F.A Cup and 4th round in League Cup.

Continental Stuff

NewcastlevArsenalInformation_Overview.png

So I retained the Champions League, becoming the first club ever to do so. Something that really did **** me off was that Gareth Bale decided to go and play for Wales, therefore missed the CL Final; to avoid this happening again I've asked him to retire from International football. This season also saw me crowned World Club Champions, thanks to my youth team and Ben Arfa.

Players

NewcastleUnitedSquad_Players-1.png

Next Season...

Really got to win the league this season, it's starting to become my Everest, and after such a good finish to this campaign I'm highly hopeful. Retaining the Champions League again is a top priority, as is the World Club Championship. In the cups I shall do my upmost to win this season, including the League Cup! Therefore I'm targeting seven thropies this season - Community Shield, Euro Super Cup, F.A Cup, League Cup, World Club Championship, Premier League and Champions League.

Can't see me bringing in any players to be honest, my squad is bursting at the seems as it is - far too many young players haven't got games this season where they should have. Looking the possibility of jumping on the Stegen band wagon and bring him in. Although Butland and Krul have both been highly affective when played, but I have far too much money burning holes in my pockets, so who knows what shall happen! Hopefully I'll be able to get rid off Tiote, Ben Arfa who are still firmly in contract, along with the release of around 20 youngsters should see the squad trimmed down; therefore I should be able to give game time to four or five very promising players that shall return from loan.

Anyone got Papadopoulos in their team. I'v got the chance to get him but Schalke want 28 mil for him which is a lot more than i like to pay for a centre half but he looks like a beast and he's young enough to be the cornerstone of my team for 10 years or so?

I brought him for £25.5m start of 2012/13 and has been quality since. I made a thread on him, so have a look in there, theres a few screen shots of how good he is. Buy, buy, buy

Damn it. Just beat Liverpool in the Community Shield but lost Afellay for 4-5 weeks and Doumbia for 5-6 weeks :mad:

Damn it. Just beat Liverpool in the Community Shield but lost Afellay for 4-5 weeks and Doumbia for 5-6 weeks :mad:

That's a painful match, congrats on the successful season though :thup:

@rhchia and @tommonufc

Congrats as well :thup: How's the tactical experimentation going tommo? Come up with anything else wierd and wonderful looking?

That's a painful match, congrats on the successful season though :thup:

@rhchia and @tommonufc

Congrats as well :thup: How's the tactical experimentation going tommo? Come up with anything else wierd and wonderful looking?

That wierd and wonderful looking system I created wasn't all that to be honest, that's on the back burner at the moment. I used that through the patchy run of form that can be seen in the league fixtures above. Was very good at keeping posession and creating chances, but also allowed the oppositions forwards in behind the back line so easily. So despite my defence being very quick and limiting chances somewhat it was a distaster waiting to happen againgst good teams, or even West Brom and Ipswhich! Reverted back to more 'normal' 4-3-2-1 with wing backs poviding the width, and inside forwards cutting inside. Worked nicely, was defensivly very sound as you can see above, and was the saviour to my season.

Just in pre-season at the moment, and have made some nice transfers. Two out of three go by the name of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo ;). Also got Stegen for a good price from Frankfurt. He'd only been there for a season after they snapped him up on a Bosman from Gladbach. Was too slow to the punch in getting him on a pre-contract before he moved, but have brought him for £3.5m. Still need to shift Krul; a £15m deal to Aston Villa fell through :/

Having a massive clear-out; trying to get a good price for Marvin Martin. Shaqiri has gone to Chelsea a good sum. A host of European clubs are after Llorente; offered him out for £30m, Barca came back with £10m. Could see him cashed in, not that I need the cash, just that I cannot keep hording players.

Just started my first season but having trouble getting Cabaye to play to the standard I've seen everyone else does on here.

Is there a position that works best for him? He's getting completley overshadowed by Eriksson that I signed from Ajax.

Edit - Ignore that, I've just seen the exact answer at the top of the page. :applause:

2015/16 - Start of Season update

Transfers In

• Marc Andre ter-Stegen - £3.5m from Frankfurt
  • Cristiano Ronaldo - £67m from Real Madrid
  • Lionel Messi - £115m from Barcelona

Transfers Oout

• Danny Welbeck - £15m to Aston Villa (£10.4m profit over two seasons
  • Xherdan Shaqiri - £10m to Chelsea
  • Ryan Tunnicliffe - £2.5m to Ipswich
  • Tim Krul - £10m to Blackburn
  • Jak Alnwick - £1.5m to West Ham
  • Fernando Llorente - £15m to Inter Milan
  • Aleksejs Danilovs - £2.9m to Man City
    Signed on a free as a 16yo, he has developed be an unproven, yet quite promising young player. Didn't have a future at St. James' due to there being far too many players ahead of him, so he was sold to Man City for a nominal fee, but with a £7.5m buy-back fee. Since his time at City he has already been shipped out to Barnsely, no doubt he shall have an illustrious career in the reserves there.
  • Paolo Icardi -£2.5m to Watford
    Brought on a compenstation fee for £1.9m from Inter, joined lat season in January and promtly moaned when he was put in the reserves to develop. Signed with no real forsight, and has no real future due to Bale and Santon.
  • Franseco Polini - £7.5m to AC Milan.
    Joined on a free from Roma at the start of 2013/14. Never played a game for the first team, nor reserves. Spent his entire three seasons on loan playing and developing at Stade Rennais FC. Looks a good player, but again, due to too many players ahead of him he hasn't a future. Nice investment again though.
  • Momir Knezevic - £2.5m to Heerenveen.
    Another young center back that looks to be a good player, yet again didn't have a future and wouldn't see playing time. Brought from Fiorentina for a costly £1.6m as a 16yo. Never played a first team game, three years playing for Go Ahead Eagles, Slavia Sofia and Reading respectfully. Another good investment though!
  • Giga Meskhi - £5m to Tottenham.
    Turned out to be a good investment - was one of the first batch of Russians to come to Newcastle, costing a comp. fee of just £6k. Could have made it, and I'm sure will be a very good player for Spurs; but had no real future with Bale and Santon around for forseeable future, so cashed in to see a tidy profit. Only ever played two European games for me, and spent three of his four years at the club on loan at Preston, Slovia Sofia and Southampton.
  • Lots of players released, the likes of Ben Arfa, Forster, Lua Lua, Ameobi; plus a load of Russian regens that I couldn't ship out in time, so cut some losses there.
  • Kevin De Bruyne - Loan Fee £1.6m to Wigan
  • Chiek Tiote - Loan Fee £850k to Bourdeaux
  • Rafinha - Loan Fee £1m to Stade Rennais
  • Marvin Martin - £4.4m loan fee to AC Milan
  • Yohan Cabeye - £1.3m loan fee to Lyon
  • Juan Manuel Olariaga - Loan fee £825k to Liverpool.
    Signed this guy on a free from Boca two seasons ago. Spent last season on loan at a Championship winning Preston, fired them up to the Premier League with 37 goals in 46(2). Sent out on loan to Liverpool for him to hopefully prove his worth in the big league. Could have a future, slightly annoyed at his lack of creativity.

New Season, New Approach..

NewcastleUnitedTactics_Overview.png

Always been a fan of a un-orthadox formation/system, nothing bores me more than a 4-4-bloody-2! Therefore I have tried to recreate a system I devloped on last years FM11 with Barcelona. There I had a similar wealth of attacking talent, so therefore tried to make a system where I could shoe-horn as many stars in as possible. Saying that discredits this somewhat I feel. What I've tried to do is control the middle of the field, thus control possesion.

Goalkeeper
- Sweeper Keeper, reguarly reaches 40+ passes in games, used to recycle and keep possesion across the back line. Destroys pass completition league tables.

Defence
-Two quick center back are a most, due to the high line that is played. All four that shall be used this season fit this mould perfectly - Taylor, Jones, Papadoulos and this guy,
. These guys shall spend most of their time perched on the half way line, recyling clearences from the incamped opposition. The two wing backs offer the teams width. Both of them are set to run with the ball often, which suits them to a tee. They will have lots of space to move the ball forward, and are used to carry the ball out of the defence into attack.

Center Midfielders
- These guys are the engine room of the team, and a good work rate and all round ability to play football is a must. Lots of players that will feature in these two positions this season; and these will be used according to the team I am upagainst. The left sided CM will be the playmaker, picking up the ball from the center backs and playing it to the front four. This season I've decided my man here is to be
Eriksen
. Partly because his uselessness at shooting on target and his wastefulness infront of goal, but mainly because he's such a good passer of the ball. Next to him will see a 'midfield-enforcer' sort of player. My men here this season will mainly be Paul Pogba and Jack Rodwell, but David Alaba could see himself there quite easily.

Attacking Midfielders
These two roles are work in progress, and will be tweaked and fine tuned as I go. Due to the quality of player that shall garce these roles I don't think it's too much of a worry. These guys will roam around into the free space left out wide, and generally cause havoc infront of a sides back four. Hazard, Gotze, Neymar, Wilshere shall excell here no doubt.

Forwards
Ronaldo
will lead the line this season, he will be used as an advanced forward who shall stay central - so minimal movement into the channels.
Fierro
, in his first real season in the first team, shall also play in this role. Next to him will be
Messi
, he will play in a Trequartista role, sitting deeper, roaming around, moving into the channels and running through defences. This role was fine tuned with Barca last year, so he shall hit the ground running.
Neymar
will also feature here.

This system is used with the highest possible defensive line, and width. Time-wasting is rarely so that ball is moved around with some zip, but tempo is slow so that things aren't rushed. What this equals is a lot of careful probing around the oppositions box, with the ball being moved from side to side, and the wing backs getting on the ball a lot high up the pitch. Due to the creativity within the players, once an opportunity arises and the oppositions defence lets it guard down, the players pounce upon this.

Probably boring you slightly, so if there is interest, I shall post up some SS of results ect. Only played four competitive games so far, but they have been all very resounding.

Gave an in-depth explanation especially for DandyDon, after his enquiry of me creating anything else 'wierd and wonderful' :D I'm sure this will fall in the wonderful.

@tommonufc

cheers for thinking of me :thup::lol:

With the amount of attacking talent at your disposal now I can see why you'd try to shoehorn them all in, something about the line up reminds of Brazil when they had Carlos and Cafu bombing up and down the flanks. Couple of flying wingbacks, couple of steady eddies in midfield to maintain possession and screen the defence and then a bunch of ridiculously talented (but sometime unpredictable) attackers ahead of them.

@tommonufc

cheers for thinking of me :thup::lol:

With the amount of attacking talent at your disposal now I can see why you'd try to shoehorn them all in, something about the line up reminds of Brazil when they had Carlos and Cafu bombing up and down the flanks. Couple of flying wingbacks, couple of steady eddies in midfield to maintain possession and screen the defence and then a bunch of ridiculously talented (but sometime unpredictable) attackers ahead of them.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277759-20-Teams-of-the-decade-12-Brazil-2002

Made that thread a while back, as I looked to replicate the 2002 Brazil system with a present day side on FM11. Might be an interesting read

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277759-20-Teams-of-the-decade-12-Brazil-2002

Made that thread a while back, as I looked to replicate the 2002 Brazil system with a present day side on FM11. Might be an interesting read

Looks like an interesting read....but by god the opening lines made me feel old :eek:

As an impressionable ten year-old, witnessing Ronaldo majestically terrify defenses from around the world,
, Edmilson's acrobatics against Cost Rica,

where's me zimmer and hearing aid got to???

Looks like an interesting read....but by god the opening lines made me feel old :eek:

where's me zimmer and hearing aid got to???

Haha, I know how you feel. It's now got the depressing stage that footballers are younger than me! Phil Jones is the same age as me, and he's playing for Man U and England. Only going to get worse :(

Haha, I know how you feel. It's now got the depressing stage that footballers are younger than me! Phil Jones is the same age as me, and he's playing for Man U and England. Only going to get worse :(

Count yourself lucky...players younger than me are retiring these days :p

Just had a look at my last games stats before I cracked on with the games again, quite resounding; granted it's only Watford, but hey..

NewcastlevWatfordSplitView.png

XwT0o.png

Was unlucky to lose in first leg in Carling Cup. Eriksen got MOTM both legs. he had 3 CCC in first leg, which is tad annoying me a bit, but doesn't matter if he's performing well..

t2rIA.png

XEpyZ.png

GET IN. Will play Blackpool in the final :/

Transfers

aMCqU.png

Decided to bring him in for the future and possible Steven Taylor's replacement in few years time.

2015/16 Season Update - Goals Goals Goals and, err more Goals

League Table

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2-3.png

Results Liverpool are very much my bogey team. Could never seem to get over Biesla's 3-4-3 when he was manager there, now it seems I'm struggling to play against an imperious Southgate 4-4-2!!

NewcastleUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-2-2.png

Premier League player stats Ronaldo, now 30, has picked up from where he left off in England. Leading my line as my star forward, played through the middle as an Adv. Forward has scored 14 in 12 in the PL, and 18 in 18(2) in all competitions. Although Messi isn't showing up he has been nothing short of faultless - 13 goals and 15 assists in 24 games which has seen him produce 1.16 of something each game he plays. Baring the last two fixtures you can see against Fulham and Watford he has played along side of Ronaldo as a Treq. but as you will see in my slightly tweaked system that has been used in these two games, Messi will very much be at the center of everything any anything.

EnglishPremierDivisionStats_PlayerStats.png

Goals, Possession and hopefully Clean sheets. I left you last time with a shot of a resounding victory against Watford, and I'm here to show you another. This was the first 90mins with this formation and set-up, and look I forward to how it performs. Fulham scoring for them to take a lead in the game before was the straw that broke the Camel's back. I was, Mancini esq. in my quest for perfection and the annoying fact was that I always conceded a goal it seems. These changes, not drastic, but maybe vital, saw me give tight man marking duties to the two center backs, and man marking duties to the wing backs. These wing backs, also had there mentality taken down a notch or two - from 'off-the-scale-attacking' to 'still-pretty-damn-attacking' shall we say. Coupled with their new defensive responsibilities of keeping an eye out an opposing winger could be very useful. Up front has seen me keep Ronaldo as my goal scoring focale point, but now with a more thought through and efficient set up of two Inside Forwards attacking beside him and Messi set up as a Treq. behind him. The two in midfield are kept as they are.

NewcastlevWatfordInformation_Overview.png

Something I noticed prior to these changes was that when the opposition did spring an attack upon me my defensive players would swarm on to the ball as a unit, with no real structure or disiplince. So therefore space could easily be taken advantage, but thankfully due to a combination of such imperious physicallity of my defensive players, especially the center backs (take a look at Papadopoulos, machine!) and an underlying ability to defend it would see me get away with a somewhat laissez faire approach to defensive duties. Now with a tighter control of the oppositions forward players, with the man marking system, I saw that the defence wouldn't need to chase the ball down and make a tackle becuase they weren't in the right place, what I saw was that my center backs where near to the forwards and they were able to cut-out the threat even quicker.

Any questions on this feel free to ask, thinking of producing a thread in Tactics & Training once I've seen it to work properly, and will most likely try it out in a couple of test saves if I do.

To be fair Tommo, going by your results before the Fulham game (where they had the temerity to score! :p) didn't look like your tactic needed all that much tweaking.

Like the look of the new formation though, look forward to hearing how it develops :thup: