Sports Interactive Community
DandyDon

FM2012: Newcastle United thread - Triumphing by brave defending.....well maybe!

At the moment Dandy Im 7th with 16 games to go, Im through to the League Cup Final when I beat Peterborough over 2 legs, here is my latest results,

Drew 1-1 away in the first leg of the League Cup Semi Final with Valon Berisha scoring for me,

Beat Wolves at home 1-0 with Bakenga scoring for me,

Drew 0-0 away to Man City,

Beat Sunderland at home 2-0 with Danny Wilson and Veton Berisha scoring,

Beat Peterborough at home in the League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg 3-1 with Willfried scoring 2 and Bakenga scoring,

Beat Chelsea away in the FA Cup 6th Round with Cabaye scoring a penalty and Markus Henriksen scoring,

Lost to Swansea away 1-0.

After watching the slightly depressing results for the British teams in the Europa Cup tonight, I got back on to FM to complete the Semi-Final against Barcelona. In between the 2 legs of the Champions League semi final we suffered a defeat in the league at the hands of Arsenal, which wasn't exactly ideal preparation for taking on the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Sanchez and Villa.

newcastlevbarcelonaspli.png

After a very even, but fairly dull 1st half which seemed to take the sting out of the Spanish side Leandro Sequeira and Adam Johnson combined to pretty much demolish Barcelona in the second half. Soon after the restart Sequeira won a challenge just outside his own box as we defended a corner. A quick hooked pass out to the left wing found Adam Johnson in space. As he scampered up the wing, trailing Barcelona defenders, Sequeira bust a gut to get into the Barca box, and timed his arrival just right to bullet home a header from 6 yards when Johnson slung over a cross.

He was instrumental in the second goal as well, winning an aerial challenge against Pique, then holding up the ball before slipping a cute little pass out to Marc Albrighton who curled in a cross that had Paloschi and Johnson waiting for the chance to score. Johnson was the one to get his head on it in the end, and that seemed to knock the stuffing out of Messi and co.

We now face more Spanish opposition in the final after Real Madrid eased past Man City over 2 legs.

Well done Dandy beating Barca.

Cheers :thup:

Just hoping we can keep the key players intact until we face the gelled Tumbler and his mates.

EDIT: Me and my big mouth, Paloschi just broke his arm in the first couple of minutes in our league match with Man utd. :mad:

Unlucky with the injuries Dandy. Hopefully you've got some reliable cover to fill in for Alberto.

I've finally finished pre-season before the fourth season gets under way now, just played Chelsea in the Charity shield. We won 3-0. I really dont know why it's taken me so long though - I've only made 9 signings which is a record low for me, and only three of those have been senior players.

Rather proud to say this is my squad now:

squadseason41.jpg

squadseason42.jpg

I had almost finished pre season, and with £60m or so sitting in the transfer budget doing nothing as well as £300k per week left over in the wage budget, I was struggling when thinking who to sign. Then I saw a headline of "Newcastle fans excited by prospect of Bale". Right. If that's who the fans want, that's who they'll get. Immediately bid £24m expecting to get stuck into some tough negotiations, and Spurs accepted immediately. I was shocked. Even more shocked that Bale took a pay cut to join us! So he joined Jonjo Shelvey (£3.6m) and Steven Fletcher (free - was almost always in top scorers on FM11) as my only senior signings of the summer.

Aside from that, these two players have been developing well and are beginning to excite me:

kandemir.jpg

The kid who secured the title for us at the Etihad. Hoping for big things from him over the next few seasons. Assistant only says 3 stars, but he only rates Tom Cairney as 2 and he is one of our best performers.

louisw.jpg

Already bagged a few goals for us when called upon last season. I plan on using him more this season as I try and develop a tactic that uses 2 up front - him and Fletcher would be ideal rotation options for the Deep Lying Forward role.

Thought Id do another update on how Im getting on,

I drew 1-1 at home with Norwich with Willfried scoring,

Drew away 0-0 with Villa,

Drew 1-1 at home with Everton with Sanago scoring,

Beat Swansea away 2-1 in the FA Cup 7th Round with Emenike and Cieran Clark scoring,

Won my first trophy for Newcastle beating Everton in the League Cup Final 2-1 with Ba and Sanago scoring the goals,

Drew 1-1 with Spurs at home with Emenike scoring.

Mike Ashley sold the club on 2nd attempt. The club was taken over by a consortium led by Cava dei Tirreni-based businessman Stefano Sorrentino. During the talk and even after, Ralf Rangnick who was rumored to replace me as the new coach kept appearing in the games i had. I thought if he were to replace me, I'll start a new save with a lower league. Luckily after near 2weeks, Sorrentino decided to keep me as the head coach. Immediately they announced that construction work has begun on the upgrade of the club's training and youth facilities. These expansion work will cost around 20.5m. :applause:

@Geordie_Gaz

That's quite a squad you've got together there :thup: Bit surprised they only rate that lad as three stars...sometimes wonder what the coaches are looking at.

The injuries are going to be a major problem against Madrid, bad enough that Paloschi is crocked and Hernandez is ineligible...but even worse was Jose Dominguez being injured against Liverpool and sitting the rest of the season out. He's finished the league season with a new record average rating, been an absolute rock in defence...going to be tough facing Ronaldo, Higuain, Oezil et al without him.

@rhchia

Again I'm officially envious :p....to add insult to injury the consortium that Ashley turned down on my save went off and bought over Feyenoord and look to have cash to burn :mad:

Awww Dandy I hope you get taken over by a billionare,

Emenike is a goal machine for me scoring 22 goals in 20 games so far, Im currently 7th in the league and through to the FA Cup Semi Finals against Cardiff,

Here is my latest results,

Beat QPR away 4-2 with Ba scoring 2, Cabaye and Emenike also scoring,

Beat rivals Sunderland away 2-0 with Tshabalala and Emenike scoring,

Beat Wigan at home 4-2 with Ba scoring 2, Emenike and Chamberlain also scoring,

Lost away to Liverpool 2-1 with Ba scoring for me,

Beat West Brom at home 3-1 with a Emenike hattrick.

2014/15 - Season Update - The Grand Finale

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

The win against Liverpool that wrapped up the title for us had quite a high price with our best defender Dominguez injured for the rest of the season, however Musacchio and Steven Taylor coped admirably in his absence against Barcelona. I took the opportunity to rest a few of the key players in the remaining league games, but made the mistake of starting Paloschi against Man Utd in my efforts to get revenge over them for the FA cup loss. He promptly had his arm broken, landing awkwardly after challenging for a header, meaning he'd miss the Champions League final as well.

rmadridvnewcastlesplitv.png

Yann M'Vila did us a massive favour in the final, smashing Adam Johnson with an elbow right in front of the referee. Despite the man advantage we couldn't break Madrid down at all during the 90 minutes and they constantly threatened on the break with the speed of Ronaldo and Oezil. Extra time proved to be more of the same, right until Ronaldo smacked in a trademark screamer from almost 30 yards out.

Tweaking the team instructions to go all out for it in the second half of extra time, we were constantly in danger of being caught on the break. After missing several chances I thought we'd blown it, I actually thought the game had ended for a second before realising it was actually an injury to Steven Taylor. When the game restarted and the final seconds ticking away Wilshere got the ball out on the left wing and seemed to have lost his opportunity dallying on the ball as Ramos closed him down, but he somehow squirmed a ball low across the 6 yard box where Albrighton snuck in to smack it past Casillas.

Fortune was really smiling on us when CR7 stepped up to take Madrid's 1st penalty of the shootout, and smashed it against the crossbar. Casillas kept them in the shootout saving Sequeira's kick, but then ter Stegen saved Coentrao's giving Jack Robinson his moment of glory when smacked home our 4th penalty.

Final League Table

englishpremierdivisionoat.png

All in all it was a fantastic season for us and this time reflected in some of the awards. Yohann Cabaye finished with 8 goals and 37 assists in all competitions winning the Premier League Footballer of the Year award, and also winning the Champions League Best Player. Jose Dominguez picked up the Players' Player of the Year award with an average rating of 7.74, quite a bit higher than his closest rivals. We also got 1st and 3rd in the Young Player of the year, with Jack Wilshere ahead of Leandro Sequeira.

A week after the Champions' League Final I get this bit of news through, which means I'll probably be dipping in to the transfer market for another winger in July.

markstewartnewsinbox12.png

Apart from that I'm also planning to bring a new right back as Bandalovski got his wish with a £7.5 million transfer to Marseille (representing quite a healthy profit after we paid £400,000 for him originally). Xavi wouldn't reconsider his retirement and Fraser Forster and Modibo Maiga have decided to leave the club at the end of their contracts, not sure if either of them need replacing, but I would like to bring another good veteran to help tutor some of the youngsters.

Awww Dandy I hope you get taken over by a billionare,

Emenike is a goal machine for me scoring 22 goals in 20 games so far, Im currently 7th in the league and through to the FA Cup Semi Finals against Cardiff,

Cheers, but nahhhh I've had my takeover even if it was disappointing :D I'd rather not have anymore transfer windows disrupted by an embargo.

Is that Emmanuel Emenike who is banging all the goals in for you btw?

Congrats on your latest success Dandy, yeah it is he is a beast mate I reccomended you signing him.

Yeah he was on my shortlist as a possible replacement for Sow, competition for Paloschi until Javier Hernandez became available. Might still go for him in the summer after I get the winger and right back sorted out.

Well my season ended pretty well to be honest, I lost in the FA Cup Final 4-2 to Spurs but I managed to get 7th place and obviously won the League Cup which Ive already put, heres the results of my last games of the season,

Lost 1-0 away to Man Utd,

Drew 0-0 at home to Stoke,

Beat Cardiff away 2-1 in the FA Cup Semi Final with a double from Abdelloue,

Beat Fulham away 3-1 with a double from Emenike and a solo goal from Ruben Yttergard Jenssen,

Beat Blackburn away 2-1 with goals coming from Malbranque and Ba,

Lost at home 1-0 to Arsenal,

Drew 0-0 away to Chelsea,

Beat Bolton 3-1 at home with Cabaye scoring 2 and Bakenga scoring,

Lost 4-2 to Spurs in the FA Cup Final with goals coming from Malbranque and Clark,

Drew away to Everton 1-1 with a Jagielka own goal.

Emmanuel Emenike was my top scorer with 23 goals in 24 games for me but he was injured quiete a bit,

Ba got 12 goals in 30 games,

Willfried got 6 in 20 he was injured alot aswell,

Overall Emenike was my best player with an averate rating of 7.89.

The Board have told me they are going to enlarge the stadium by 7,613 seats at a cost of 10.25m and also upgrade my youth facilities at a cost of 3m and be ready in 5 monthes.

Bad luck on the FA Cup Final as well.

Started playing my Newcastle save again, Just beat Bolton 3-0, Wilfried, Velazquez x2. Wilfried got sent off in 2nd half, moved Velazquez from AML where he was already destroying Bolton to ST as poacher. He could have got hat trick if he took his one chance.

He(Velazquez)'s also wanted by Chelsea. Put 90M on his head. Wilfried has a brilliant start to the season, scored 9 goals in 8. Could have been more if he took his chances.

Got away to Bayern next :( They got thrashed by Bordeaux first game, 4-1.

markstewartnewsinbox13.png

Some good news during the summer break with Hernandez now a British citizen, handy for Europe next season.

Also had this Quite Interesting article in the inbox,

markstewartnewsinbox11.png

rehbp.png

Brilliant 2 months for me :D Will play Swansea at home in Carling Cup 4th Round.

3sKCU.png

I'm looking to sell Ba in the summer.

Nah aint got anyone lined up, decided to have a network game with someone so Im takeing a break from my Newcastle save but will update you once I start playing again.

I'm hoping he'll be appointed the new manager now the deal went through :p

Bringing in a new backroom off Sean Lock, Phil Jupitus and his trusty assman Jimmy Carr :D

Bringing in a new backroom off Sean Lock, Phil Jupitus and his trusty assman Jimmy Carr :D

Well at least the touchline heckling should improve :D

I've persuaded Kyle Walker to sign on as competition for Rafael at right back....though Fulham did hold out for £10 million. Also had a £4.2 million bid accepted by Man Utd for Nani to provide cover on either wing while Johnson's ligaments recover. Did consider making a bid for Super Mario...until I realised how much Dortmund wanted for him.

How did you guys play Ben Arfa? I bought him for my QPR team but have been struggling to get the best out of him. Playing as AMC attacking midfielder atm. Should I try trequartista or advanced playmaker?

Just a quick update. I'm currently in Febuary 2015 and we are top of the league by 5 points, in the LC final against Swansea, FAC 5th round and through to the 1st knockout round of the champions cup where we will face Lyon.

newcastletransfershisto.png

Ribas and Navarro are two 4 star regens my scout found at Barcelona. Ribas could be a long term replacement for Tiote and Navarro will stay in the first team squad to play in the cups and against lesser teams.

Niether from my experience. Have him as inside forward in the AMR position. Worked a treat for me there before he broke his leg and retired at the end of the first season.Gutted!

How did you guys play Ben Arfa? I bought him for my QPR team but have been struggling to get the best out of him. Playing as AMC attacking midfielder atm. Should I try trequartista or advanced playmaker?

I played him as Attacking Midfielder - Attack and did well. Sold him to QPR.

EDIT: Sold him to Birmingham.

@shoonaldo

you've got a bargain for Wilshere there. Arsenal really seem to stuggle to hang on to key players on a lot of saves. They were miles off a top four finish on my last season.

2014/15 - Season Update - The Grand Finale

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

The win against Liverpool that wrapped up the title for us had quite a high price with our best defender Dominguez injured for the rest of the season, however Musacchio and Steven Taylor coped admirably in his absence against Barcelona. I took the opportunity to rest a few of the key players in the remaining league games, but made the mistake of starting Paloschi against Man Utd in my efforts to get revenge over them for the FA cup loss. He promptly had his arm broken, landing awkwardly after challenging for a header, meaning he'd miss the Champions League final as well.

rmadridvnewcastlesplitv.png

Yann M'Vila did us a massive favour in the final, smashing Adam Johnson with an elbow right in front of the referee. Despite the man advantage we couldn't break Madrid down at all during the 90 minutes and they constantly threatened on the break with the speed of Ronaldo and Oezil. Extra time proved to be more of the same, right until Ronaldo smacked in a trademark screamer from almost 30 yards out.

Tweaking the team instructions to go all out for it in the second half of extra time, we were constantly in danger of being caught on the break. After missing several chances I thought we'd blown it, I actually thought the game had ended for a second before realising it was actually an injury to Steven Taylor. When the game restarted and the final seconds ticking away Wilshere got the ball out on the left wing and seemed to have lost his opportunity dallying on the ball as Ramos closed him down, but he somehow squirmed a ball low across the 6 yard box where Albrighton snuck in to smack it past Casillas.

Fortune was really smiling on us when CR7 stepped up to take Madrid's 1st penalty of the shootout, and smashed it against the crossbar. Casillas kept them in the shootout saving Sequeira's kick, but then ter Stegen saved Coentrao's giving Jack Robinson his moment of glory when smacked home our 4th penalty.

Final League Table

englishpremierdivisionoat.png

All in all it was a fantastic season for us and this time reflected in some of the awards. Yohann Cabaye finished with 8 goals and 37 assists in all competitions winning the Premier League Footballer of the Year award, and also winning the Champions League Best Player. Jose Dominguez picked up the Players' Player of the Year award with an average rating of 7.74, quite a bit higher than his closest rivals. We also got 1st and 3rd in the Young Player of the year, with Jack Wilshere ahead of Leandro Sequeira.

A week after the Champions' League Final I get this bit of news through, which means I'll probably be dipping in to the transfer market for another winger in July.

markstewartnewsinbox12.png

Apart from that I'm also planning to bring a new right back as Bandalovski got his wish with a £7.5 million transfer to Marseille (representing quite a healthy profit after we paid £400,000 for him originally). Xavi wouldn't reconsider his retirement and Fraser Forster and Modibo Maiga have decided to leave the club at the end of their contracts, not sure if either of them need replacing, but I would like to bring another good veteran to help tutor some of the youngsters.

Nice finish the dandyDon.

I have one game to go in my second season and need to win to hang on to fourth. Won the league cup and made the semi's of the CL. Iam away for 5 days will post a update when I finish.

@ si4uk @$8m is cheap, great deal, Labyad you can get on free at the end of the season.

Hiya guys have played a bit today and have made some cracking signings in L Diarra for 6.5m, Onuoha for 3.6m, Bosingwa on a free and Pedro from Barca for 13.25m.

Sold Malbranque for 500k, Elliot for 500k, Gosling for 3m, Ben Arfa for 4.5m,Nordfeldt for 1m, Juelsgard for 2m and Baffo for 900k.

Beat FK Ventspills in the away leg of the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round 3-0 with Cabaye getting 2 and Willfried getting one.

Hiya guys have played a bit today and have made some cracking signings in L Diarra for 6.5m, Onuoha for 3.6m, Bosingwa on a free and Pedro from Barca for 13.25m.

Sold Malbranque for 500k, Elliot for 500k, Gosling for 3m, Ben Arfa for 4.5m,Nordfeldt for 1m, Juelsgard for 2m and Baffo for 900k.

Beat FK Ventspills in the away leg of the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round 3-0 with Cabaye getting 2 and Willfried getting one.

Not bad signings in Pedro and Diarra :)

I play him as Trequartista with Run With Ball set to often and he does a pretty solid job for the team.

Loaded up the Newcastle save for this afternoon; planning some experimentation in systems. First game back, this is how it went

Untitled-8.jpg

Possession-tastic

Yeah, in something of an injury crisis. Bale is out for a good few months, and Santon is only just coming back so Alaba is filling in there. Does very well due him esentially being a midfielder, and with the team in control of the ball and playing so high up he is affectivly playing as a left midfielder.

Not bad looking formation there :) What's your club balance now? Mine is 27M.

Heres a nice view of my finances :D

NewcastleBoardroom_Finances.png

Russian chairman is ploughing lots of money in at the moment; month to month losses are not to pretty, but should see a return over the course of the season with a good run in Champions League. Was sitting in the red to £2m or so, before the Chairman injected near on £40m!

In the process of selling of a few players I think, Jack Rodwell, Capoue aren't too happy at the amount of apperances. Rodwell will probably be sold for a good amount, but looks like Capoue's contract could run down, seeing is relucatance to sign a new one. Thinking of cashing in on Danny Welbeck, his stock is at a good high. Currently at a value of £12.75, Man City offered me £17.75m for him after he scored 4 in CL in a 7-2 win against Litex, but will hold out for £20m plus. Brought him for £4.6m, but hasn't continued his prolific streak in front of goal and looks to be largely wasteful. Have a few regens I'd like to give a chance, so try and get rid of some of the squad players.

Wow, I thought you might have got around 70M mark. How much did Rodwell cost you?

Just lost to Wolves, 1-0. So many chances and didn't take them, especially Ba who missed a few. Kevin Doyle scored around 80 minutes mark for them.

Should have a considerably larger amount within the next two seasons; just that the last season or so has seen me spent near on £200m on transfers at a guess. Rodwell cost me £12m at the start of last season. Hasn't really featured week in week out; so hasn't excelled.

Saying that, Rodwell is playing in one of the DM positions in the formation pictured above, and having a good game atm. 2-0 up at HT against Arsenal who are top. Welbeck is out to prove a point to me, either that or put himself in the shop window; scoring two more after the 4 he hit in midweek.

EzC4R.png

Threw away 2 goals lead against Bayern and Man Utd ffs. Was unlucky to lose to Sevilla, they scored last minute penalty against us.

QMPKn.png

Champions League Group

yNqOx.png

I got home to Bayern last game.

UUrzC.png

How didn't we win this game?! Their keeper was in supermode ffs.

00Rgm.png

We had 3 CCC against them and Neuer was MOTM.

yq7ZV.png

Have fun in Europa League Bayern :thup:

Christian Eriksen doing the business I see :D How's he doing for you??

Doing well, 4 goals, 7 assists in 20 games. Playing him as Attacking Midfielder - Attack. He seems to miss easy chances to score from inside the box.

EDIT: Got Lyon in Champions League Knockout first round. Home first leg.

PevWj.png

Getting frustrated with my team, keeps missing chances to score. Disappointed with Kameni with Man City result, scored a own goal for them.

Co9WM.png

Champions League First knockout Round

YMtRV.png

Quite happy with the draw. Would have liked to be home for 2nd leg.

Hope 2013 is going to be a good one.

Transfers target

Van Der Vaart - Sitting in the reserves, wants 3.3M for him, Thinking about bringing him in to compete with Eriksen and Vose for AMC spot.

Huntelaar - Had my eyes on him as I was looking to bring in firepower to striker options. going for the loan option.

Unrealistic - Benzema - banging goals for fun at Real, Just turned down new contract at Real Madrid. Going to see if I can bring him on loan.

Doing well, 4 goals, 7 assists in 20 games. Playing him as Attacking Midfielder - Attack. He seems to miss easy chances to score from inside the box.

EDIT: Got Lyon in Champions League Knockout first round. Home first leg.

Yeah, I've found this with him.. he'll wriggle his way through defenders on the edge of the box with Messi like dribbling then spoon it high wide and hansome. His goal return each season hasn't been that great in relation to the amount of chances he must have, but makes up for it with his assists. I think a ppm of 'looks for pass rather than the shot' would be perfect.

Just finished my first season with Newcastle and came 4th in first season. Champions League. woooo

Main transfers in:

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen for 1.1m from (has been an absolute rock in midfield, bargain signing!)

Craig Dawson for 3.5m from West From (an awesome young defender, got signing of the season, a rock in defence)

Jelle Vossen for 1.7m from Genk (not a bad backup striker who will get better and better)

Petar Zanev for 240k from Litex (good backup left back)

Ivan Badalovski for 60k from CSKA(Sofia) (good back up right back)

Carlos Diogo for free (another backup right back but ended up selling as he couldnt settle in January)

Matt Thornhill for 350 from Hibernian (not a bad back up centre mid, not brilliant, and will probably sell for profit)

Martin Manel for 500k from Aue (good backup keeper)

Also a few loan signings who didnt really make much of an impact

Sold: Nobody in pre season, nobody wanted to buy!! booooo

January Sales and got more money to spend :D

Omar for 350k from Real Madrid (good backup centre mid)

Rafael Romo for 1.5m from Udinese (young up and coming backup gk)

Christian Benteke for 2.5m from Genk (young up and coming striker)

Darron Gibson for 1.1m from Man Utd ( backup midfielder, bargain)

Ianis Zicu for850k from CSKA(Sofia) (awesome attacking midfielder, maybe 28, but will get a few years outta him)

Shaun Hutchinson for 500k from Hibernian (up and coming english centre back)

Lucas Andersen for 1.5m from AaB (attacking mid/striker youngster, scouts rate him highly and stats are awesome)

Nacho for 350k from R.Madrid (good lrc defender and young)

Out: Carlos Diogo 1m, Mike Williamson 2.5m. Then a few loan fees.

Hard to get rid of the dead wood at the club. So pleased Alan Smiths contract has now ran out, and also Lovenkrands, saves on the wage bill..

Looking forward to pre-season.

Has anyone else bought Craig Dawson for the toon, hes absolutely awesome on mine and will be due an england cap this season. Him and Taylor is my preferred centre back partnership, but I cant shift Colo :(

How much are you offered Colo to clubs? Nobody wanted him cos of his wages, So I left it to the end of the season and offered him out again and Dortmund came for him.

How much are you offered Colo to clubs? Nobody wanted him cos of his wages, So I left it to the end of the season and offered him out again and Dortmund came for him.

Well I want at least 5m for him. WOuld love more. I know the fans would kick off, but I can get 2/3 players in for his wages.

Reading through the thread it looks like everyone is looking pretty successful. Overall the team success has been good for me, just coming to the end of the 14/15 season and I've got 2 League Cups, 1 Europa League and finished in the Top 7 every season, but never in the top 4. At the end of March I'm in 3rd, and should be able to secure it, I've won one of my league cups and I'm in the Semi of the Europa League and the Final of the FA Cup.

However, I've not had a great success with Cabaye as an individual. How are you playing him and in what system?

I've played various formations over the seasons and Cabaye has generally played in the deep-lying playmaker role in the CM position with either support, or defensive duty.