Sports Interactive Community
Come_On_You_Spurs

FM12 Tottenham Hotspur Thread- The Best Team In North London

I started up my save and set-up the Vertonghen/Sigurdsson deals in the editor. I feel so.. dirty..

did you set up the outs aswell though?

I set up the Sig, Vert and Ade transfers. Ade was abit cheaty as it's not confirmed yet. Niko, Corluka, Modric, Pienaar were the outs, and then i sold Gallas, VdV(boo, regret that but he actually threw a fit in pre-season over captaincy). Anyway,i've played all of FM11 and a save in FM12 with Luka and VdV, would like to try something different with new players.

Looking for a top striker, can't choose between Damiao, Huntelaar and Cavani...any ideas?

Cavani or Damiao imo, Hunterlaar is likely to cost more or about the same even though he is the oldest among the 3.

Looking for a top striker, can't choose between Damiao, Huntelaar and Cavani...any ideas?

I have both upfront. Glorious times :cool:

I have been wondering as well... My strikers have around 20 each in March time. I presume this is bad? The only reason I don't care is because the rest of my team have scored so many as well.

This is the team (normally Sandro CDM, torn hamstring currently):

ad714e209231c563dac405d38321c518.png?1341880406

But here are the goalscorers of my team...

d1e7212e842a8b319d254b67b85abb5a.png?1342005884

Should I be worried or not? I suppose if the rest the of the team is scoring... who really cares? Better than both the strikers getting 40 a season?

ty.. listen to yourself... you're asking if a striker scoring 21 goals in 37 matches is bad.... or 18 ....

with 3 other players in double figures...

course it isnt bad.... 100+ goals in a season? it'll do! lol

Lennon was weirdly in the reserves when I took over. Harry obviously wasn't fond of him... promoted him and on his first appearance he scored a hatrick from RW, been one of my favoured players since.

Yeah suppose so, just wanted more goals from the strikers :(

VDV, Parker, Gomes and Olic all leaving end of the season. Parker/Olic are complete back ups to Sandro/Huddle and Doumbia/Kane respectively, so they wont need high profile replacements just youngsters good enough to play the odd game. VDV leaving isn't a big deal, I have Modric/Honda to play there (both with 7+ average as well) and with Rafael leaving, it gives me chance to bring in an Italian regen who looks amazing.

Started a new game with Spurs with the latest patch, Still undicided on a tactic whether to go 442 or 4231 with 2dmc or 2mcs. My 1st league vs Spurs i won 2-1 with the 4231 2mcs. Bought in William and Ryan Shawcross and sold Cuddicini

Just hit 13th March and got new youth intake (I always thought this was June sometime)...

Anyway, this guy got singled out as one of the best in his generation, which going by previous experience, normally means rubbish like the rest.

c73bcaa50918590f4a94dc528d8fd0ab.png?1342015833

First time ever (EVER, since FM05)... I have had a regen of quality come through my system. At the tender of 15 as well, he has a long way to go.

congrats ty.. but look at him! he's almost good enough to start in the prem already.... i HATE regens with a passion.... completely unbalance the game

I don't know who to tutor him or what to focus his individual training on... composure or quickness?

Ah well, you should see VDV's replacement then... He will be sitting behind the strikers nicely.

20198b806545721510859453698a424f.png?1342018807

Also on a side note:

CAAAAAAAN WE PLAY YOU EVERY WEEK, CAN WE PLAY YOU EVERY WEEK!

9166ad40c7d810b30d7847febecb1779.png?1342018710

11/12 season

Transfers

In

Jan Vertonghen - Ajax - 8m

Joe Allen - Swansea - 5.5m

Willian - Shakhtar - 10.5m

Iker Muniain - A.Bilbao - 20m

Alan Dzagoev - 4.9m

Out

VDV - PSG - 18m

Niko Kranjcar - Sunderland - 10m

GDS - Newcastle(loan) - 1.8m

Net transfer spent - 19.26m

Lineup

--------------Gomes----------------

Walker--Kaboul--Dawson--Vertonghen

------------Sandro--Parker-----------

---------------------------------------

Lennon--------Modric----------Bale

--------------Adebayor--------------

League table

4MCss.png

Cup competitions

Europa league: Winners(Beat Valencia 2-0)

Carling Cup: 4th Round(Lost to Notts Forest on pk)

FA Cup: Winner(Beat Everton on pk)

Players stats

Goals

Adebayor - 39

Defoe - 30

Bale - 27

Modric - 18

Lennon - 10

Dzagoez - 7

Willian - 6

Vertonghen 5

Assists

Bale - 38

Modric - 27

Dzagoev - 11

Muniain - 10

Willian - 9

Lennon - 9

Adebayor - 9

Best Player of the Year

vhrd2.png

Individual Awards

2012 FIFA Ballon d'Or runner-up

2012 World Soccer Magazine World Player of the Year

11/12 Football Writers Footballer of the Year

11/12 Premier League Golden Boot runner-up

11/12 UEFA Best Player in Europe runner-up

11/12 Fans' Player of the Year

Is the world soccer player of the year in the game?

Does anybody know how good Coulibaly gets?

Might have a massive midfield clearout in the summer.

Parker, Modric and VDV out. Then three to complement Sandro, Rodwell and Sigurdsson.

Has anyone found a good keeper? Gomes went to Brazil, and I had a chance to sign Begovic for 6.2, but was not convinced i wanted him as my long term no.1..

Has anyone found a good keeper? Gomes went to Brazil, and I had a chance to sign Begovic for 6.2, but was not convinced i wanted him as my long term no.1..

Have you gone after Adler as a free transfer after the season? Lloris is an obvious choice, and since we're rumored to be chasing him in real life, he might be a realistic choice.

Has anyone had the news at the end of the first season of a new stadium to be built?? The perryman stadium 49,233 to be completed by 2014, 27/6/2014?

Has anyone had the news at the end of the first season of a new stadium to be built?? The perryman stadium 49,233 to be completed by 2014, 27/6/2014?

Yes. I asked the boardroom for a new stadium at the start of my game, to be completed end of season in 2013. Also 49+k capacity.

Yes. I asked the boardroom for a new stadium at the start of my game, to be completed end of season in 2013. Also 49+k capacity.

Ok cool, i didn't actually ask and got one so very happy!

Is it even possible to sign new contract with Heurelho Gomes? He always agrees with my offered terms, but then he never gets Work Permit, which is little bit odd.

Yes, he signed on a lower wages contract in my save.

yeah.. i always go for lloris if i can afford him or mandanda if i cant... both are top notch

Coming up to X-mas on my first season. Joint 1st with Utd and City, with Chelsea and Arsenal not far behind. Then Liverpool a good 7 pts of 5th. Tight season! I'm still unbeaten in the league(but have drawn about 5 times), in the Semi Final of the Carling cup(which is new for me as i neve get past the 1st round), and through to the knockouts of Europa, which i'm going to take seriously, but lot's of great teams in there.

Just beat Man utd 2-1 at the lane to send a firing shot to my title rivals. I felt like going on a defensive counter, but thrw caution to the wind and attacked from the off, which bought an Adebayor goal on the 5th minute, and Bale to double the lead on the 3o minute mark. This is on. However top 4 remains the priority.

Team more or less looks like this;

Friedel

Walker/Kaboul/Vertonghen/BAE

Sandro

Sissoko/Gylfi

Lennon/Bale

Ade

Now, I tried hard to get a new keeper, but nothing came off at an affordable price. Even turned down Mandanda. I want Rafael for the no.1 position, but Friedel has been more or less great bar a few old man moments. Walker has been sensational, as have Kabs and Jan. Dawson imperious when called upon and Caulker is in need of a 1st team position very soon. Had question marks over BAE's mentality, but he has found consistency.

In midfield, Sandro has been solid, Sissoko hit and miss but I bought him because i felt we needed an athletic box to box player who can chip in with goals. Think he'll come good. Gylfi has found it hard at time in my 4-5-1, but has improved much when pushed further up the field. Van de Vaart has played 4 games all season, out with injury until April, and i think that's the last we'll see of him. Hudd has been decent, Parker injured but great when coming back, while my favourite Livermore is not getting much. He may go on loan in the second half of season if a decent EPL team wants him, and then next summer, i will probably sell Huddlestone to make room for the more mobile Jake, as Ytegaard Jenssen is arriving in a 3m deal. 25mill cheaper than Moutinho and a quarter of the wages!

On the wings Lennon and Bale have been outstanding. Truly. Lennon however is fighting for his place with Weiss. I bought the guy for £3m from Citeh as i needed cover in attack. He didn't play much for a couple of months, but my word the boy has proved to be a marvellous acquisition. Pace, determination and great crossing. 5 assists in 4 games. Very difficult to decide on who to play there. Dos Santos is a player i actually love in FM, and has shown some great moments but i don't trust him in big games. He could be great in my 4-5-1 inside forward style, but he has given the ball away in key moments. Can either win a game or lose it.

Upfront Ade has been worth the 90k wage packet plus bonuses plus massive signing on fee. Links the play brilliantly, and has scored 10 in 15. Not too shabby, and the leading EPL scorer. He misses some sitters of course, and yes, is perpetually offside! JD is getting frustrated, i can sense it. He hasn't even started an EPL game yet. Eek. I placate him by using him in Europa, in which he has scored 6 goals. However, he'll be dropped again against superior opposition. I've given him chances but he doesn't take them and doesn't suit the team at all. I will either convert him to an inside forward, or i'll sell him in january to free up wages and cash.

Oh, and Salomon Rondon arrives in January for £12.5m(30k p/wk wage!!). couldn't get the price any lower. I have questions over his mentality, and his first touch will need major work, but he is the best i could get for that money, and i'm not willing to blast £25m on Damiao. I think the squad is getting closer to complete. All the oldies are on their way or gone, and this youthful squad is looking sharp. I just need that keeper, and possibly a high class CM to finally replace Luka(who is doing amazing stuff for Real Madrid :( ). I'd love Moutinho and could have him for £20m plus Dos Santos. However, i needed a striker more to share Ade's workload, and he would not budge on his wage demands. Hopefully Jenssen, a player i admire so much in FM, will be enough. Not as good as Mou or Modric of course, but it's all about how the player fits into my squad. And i'm not that interested in breaking the club fee record unless it's a really special player. I also don't see why i should move the earth for any player. the club ethic is more important.

Which transfer updates are you all using? Linkage please!

FM weegie should be the best if you do not want any changes to CA/PA.

yup. weegie.. no ca/pa changes.. only transfers , financials etc.. its good :)

Oh Lawdy. Going head to head with Citeh for the title. Well, both us are unbeaten with 21 games gone. Amazing. Only 3 points seperate the 1st from 4th. Utd, city and Chelsea are all pushing me hard. But we just don't want to lose. Carling Cup final awaits aswell!

Argh :mad: We go through the season having lost only once, January comes around and we lose twice in a row. Not in the league but the cups.

I was seething about the Capital One Cup loss. We beat Swansea 2-1 at the Liberty Stadium. I think we're a good bet to get through the return tie unscathed. They absolutely ripped us apart. I had to use Fryers at LB, and put Caulker in at CB to give him some big game experience. Well, Swansea's passing was just sublime. They exposed the space inbetween and behind our CB's like it was playground football. They beat us 3-1. I slammed my players in the dressing room and in public. Unbelievable.

Then we were playing the scum in the FA cup 3rd round. We threatened and hit the woodwork 3 times, like we seem to do every game, but Podolski was in lethal finishing form and killed us with an incredible hattrick. 3-1. Felt awful. But atleast we are 10 points ahead in the league, joint 1st, while they are languishing in 5th and knocked out of Europe :)

My tactics are a concern. My 4-5-1/4-3-3 does not seem as stable as it was. Might have to tighten up and go defensive for a while. We're still unbeaten in the league which is astonishing, can't see us losing until we play City away. Even then i know how to get a result from them.

I transfer news, Rondon in, Defoe out to QPR on loan with an £8m fee agreed. Don't have the cash to bring in a GK, but Friedel is more than adequate until the end of season. Now i have to concentrate on our title front, and i want to bring that Europa League trophy home big time. Maybe fighting on 4 fronts would be too much for a 23-man squad

make make sure you prioritise the 4 fronts in order of importance to you... don't use your first xi in all comps unless you're sure they aren't going to be burned out for the next game...

yeah swansea seem to be going great on the weegie patch under Laudrup on mine too

I started a new save with the Weegie update, but there are too many mistakes by them. Adebayor is not a confirmed signing, they have Ledley as player/coach when he was clearly gonna retire and they still have Clive Allen as a coach. I'm gonna wait for their next one or just do an MLS save.

Just finished my 2nd season at spurs and only just failed to retain the premier league, ended up 2nd behind utd. i did manage the league cup and FA cup double.

iv been playing a 442 with DMC's to try and help defensively but it doesnt seem to help my goals conceded tally lol.

I made the decision to play dm's as i can never get modric to perform in the mc position no matter what i set him as.

the reason for my post was that i decided to play livermore and parker as my dm's...and livermore just finished the season as players player of the year!!!

hes attributes do not improve much but never let me down. well he played better than modric ever did for me in the middle.

modric did have an impressive season playing on the right.

if someone tell me how, il post a screen shot.

Livermore looks awesome in this patch. Key attributes in the right areas. He's not good enough to change a game yet, but neither is Huddlestone imo. When the season finishes i'm going to sell Thudd so that Livermore will get more opportunity. He's far more agile/mobile, and I'm getting sick of seeing Tom lumbering around the place and losing possession because of it.

yeh thats why i gave livermore a chance because he actually moves around. also playing him as a DLP from DM doesnt stop him from getting forward.

he chipped in with some vital goals and got loads of assists.

im also going to move huddlestone on, i brought in Romulo in the jan window. he has been brilliant aswell for 8m.

i thought i found a random gem then i saw him playing for the brazil olympic team yesterday lol

So I started again. I edited the Weegie update to reflect that Ade isn't signed, Clive Allen has gone and of course that Ledley has retired :(

I've spent a bit of money:

David Ospina £11.5m from Nice to hopefully be my number 1 keeper

Aly Cissokho £11.5m from Lyon. I love BAE IRL but he's underrated in the game and I wanted a strong starter at LB

Alexandre Lacazette £9.5m from Lyon. A talented young striker who can also play AML.

Leandro Damiao £14.5m from Internacional. Another talented young striker who's ready for the first team.

All deals are over 48 months so not actually spent that much upfront.

Also recouped just over £10m with Gomes, Pienaar and Button out along with loan fees for Jenas, Bassong and others.

Got 3 tactics, my squad looks like this in my main formation:

GK: Ospina/Friedel/Cudicini

DR(FB/auto): Walker/Naughton

DC(CB/stopper): Kaboul/Dawson/Gallas

DC(BPD/cover): Vertonghen/Caulker

DL(FB/auto): Cissokho/BAE

DMC(Anchor): Parker(inj for 3 months in a friendly)/Sandro/THudd

MC(B2B): Modric/Livermore

MC(Adv PM/att): Rafa/Gylfi

AMR(Wing/support): Lennon/GDS

AML(IF/att): Bale/Falque

ST(Ad Fwd): Damiao/Lacazette/Defoe

I think its a good squad that will give us a chance of challenging the top 4 and going for EL glory.

Has anyone else had issues with Zeki Fryers? He refused tutoring by Gallas, and has been booked in every friendly he's played so far. I'm sending him out on loan but don't hold much hope for him if his attitude doesn't improve.

Season has started well amid a rash of injuries to my midfielders. After 8 games we're 2nd in the PL with 6 wins, 1 draw and 1 horrid loss to Chelsea away.

Parker has missed the whole season so far, while Modric, VDV & Gylfi have all missed the majority of games. Livermore has been a fixture in the side and has been fantastic.

Up front Damiao has started slow but Lacazette has hit the ground running scoring 7 in 9 (5 as sub).

EL qualifier was a 9-0 spanking of Ekisesphor. Our group is AZ, Rapid Bucharest and a minnow that I've forgotten! Progress should be a formality even with weakened sides taking the field.

Had issue with Fryers, sent him to the reserves, but he's actually played V.well when called upon. I've also re-started to reflect that Ade hasn't signed. It's impossible to sign him in game anyway, so will look at Demba Ba as he has a release clause.

Had issue with Fryers, sent him to the reserves, but he's actually played V.well when called upon. I've also re-started to reflect that Ade hasn't signed. It's impossible to sign him in game anyway, so will look at Demba Ba as he has a release clause.

Fryers is on loan at Orient. He's playing quite well but collects cards like they're going out of fashion.

Yeah, he got a red in one game. I don't know what his potential is like, but I doubt he's gonna ever make it with me. Not really adequate back up either. Where do you play Livermore? I'm going to retrain him to DM and use as DLP to replace Thudd, who i'll sell next summer.

Yeah, he got a red in one game. I don't know what his potential is like, but I doubt he's gonna ever make it with me. Not really adequate back up either. Where do you play Livermore? I'm going to retrain him to DM and use as DLP to replace Thudd, who i'll sell next summer.

I retrained Jake as a DM too but I'm actually playing him as B2B and he's far exceeding expectations. He's even had a couple of games as an Adv PM/attack and not disappointed. THudd is on my sell list for the summer too. His lack of mobility is highlighted by the fact that the rest of my midfielder surplus of it.

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

Who are people using as cover for Walker? I sold Naughton as i don't think he's good enough back up.Bandalovski can't get a WP

I've stuck with Naughton. He's not let me down yet.

i just snapped up joe hart for 8.5m after he was offered to me.

can also get luis suarez for around 13m in 3rd season...not sure i need him as i play lucas moura and leandro damiao upfront.

iv loaned ady for 3 seasons in a row and he has been great for me. im only paying 20% of his wages.

Anyway I'm up to Xmas of the first season. Sitting 3rd in the PL, 5 pts behind 1st place Utd, 2 behind City and 4 ahead of Liverpool with Chelsea and the goons trailing the scousers by another 4 points.

We finished top of our EL group with 5 wins and an away loss to AZ, Anderlecht are next up in February.

Also in the New Year we face a League cup semi against Brighton. In the other semi Arsenal face Wolves, meaning a potential NLD at Wembley.

Lacazette is top scorer although most of his goals have come in the EL. Damiao has started to hit his stride in the PL while a now fit Gylfi is chipping in. Rafa is also back from injuries but isn't loving playing from CM. This bothers me, the formation works well for everyone, except him and I've never hid my Rafa love :/

Another player I really like who's definitely leaving is Defoe, he hasn't played enough and has demanded a move. Malaga are taking him off my hands in January for just shy of £5m. Gallas also got moody but I've placated him, and now that Caulker has unfortunately broken his leg in our last EL tie, there will be more chances for Billy in the cups. Caulkers leg break is a real gutter, he'd just started playing really well and this will stall his development massively.

Aly Cissokho has been very inconsistent at LB, luckily BAE has stepped up to the competition when needed. My other summer signing was keeper David Ospina, apart from a mare against Chelsea he's been excellent.

Here's to a succesful New Year.

EDIT: Asim - how much did Moura cost you?

Edgar, is your main tactic a standard 4-5-1, or in FM terms, 4-1-2-2-1? I used that in my last save, was hard to create many chances. What are your back up tactics aswell if i may ask?

Yeah that's the one. It fits how I think AVB will play. Its fluid, control (but with counter ticked) and with lots of creative freedom and roaming. Generally we create enough chances but a couple of teams have stifled us.

The other tactics are an attacking 4231 (with CMs) and an assymetric 43(MR,MC,MC)2(AMCR, AML)1.

Alright thanks. Yes, I chose it too because i'm a fan of that, and it allows us to use bale and Lennon as inside forwrds, swapping when needed and also either one can play in each role. Lennon was quality in my last save, goals and assists. Bale too obviously.

Lennon & Bale are both scoring. I'm playing Azza as winger/support and Bale ins fwd/attack. I'm also playing the striker in the STr slot to allow Bale & the adv playmaker space to run into. Seems to work well.