Sports Interactive Community
Come_On_You_Spurs

FM12 Tottenham Hotspur Thread- The Best Team In North London

why is it always the newbies to the forum who act like eejits?

anyway... wanna start a new save as ive never managed to get more than a season out of tottenham for various reasons... and i want to bring some much deserved success to spurs...

will update with transfers and pre season soon

Second season finished. Won the league again with Man Utd in a distant second. Beat Fulham to win the league cup and Southampton to win the FA cup. Lost to PSG again in the first knockout round of the champions league. I continued to use the same tactic as the previous season and it served me well.

----------------Adler----------------

Romario---Kaboul---Zouma---Borzilov

--------------Sandro----------------

-------Asamoah---Rodwell-----------

Valencia-----------------------Bale

------------Hernandez--------------

Heavy rotation with Lennon, Walker, Parker, Caulker, and Coulibaly getting plenty of games. Andros Townsend is performing excellent on the left side when needed. Got a few cheap newgens in the youth team. Asamoah cost 15 million and Rodwell 12 million. Sold VDV for 13 million to Valencia and yes Modric to Man City for 31 million. Bank balance is hovering around 110 million and move into the Perryman stadium end of season 3. My main focus for this season is the champions league. Seem to walk the premier league but struggle to get out of the CL group stages. Tactics me thinks.

Hey guys,

Just started a season with Spurs in FM12 with latest patch. I wanted to start the first season with no signings and see how well I can do. Struggling with my current formation and tactics at the start of the season. Does anybody know of a successful tactic for spurs for the latest patch?

Playing with a 4-2-3-1 formation at the moment, but the team aren't playing well with this so far.

HELP!

Hey guys,

Just started a season with Spurs in FM12 with latest patch. I wanted to start the first season with no signings and see how well I can do. Struggling with my current formation and tactics at the start of the season. Does anybody know of a successful tactic for spurs for the latest patch?

Playing with a 4-2-3-1 formation at the moment, but the team aren't playing well with this so far.

HELP!

What kind of 4231 are you using?

If you look back on the previous page (I think or maybe the page before that) I've listed my set up for this patch that was very succesful.

It's basically:

DR/DC/DC/DL/DMC/MR/MC/AMC/AML/ST

Thanks Edar555,

Have you got the tactic file to download?

Thanks Edar555,

Have you got the tactic file to download?

No mate. It's a TC creation with no tweaks. Just follow the instructions in my post. It'll take you 3 mins. Way less time than it'll take me to upload.

For the record it's posts 556-559 on the previous page

Started a new Spurs game with the updated patch. This was my first game of FM in about 3 odd years, and I've got it set up as a network game playing with my old FM playing buddy and ex flatmate, who has gone Newcastle. Pretty cool playing on my massive Imac, me in my flat, and him in his flat ! Anways.........

My main remit for this game is to bring through as many of the pre existing Spurs youth that I can, instead of stockpiling the cream of global wonder kids. Kane, Townsend, Caulker, Naughton, Coulibaly and Gomelt will all be getting every opportunity possible to make it as Spurs players

I BOUGHT

Vertonghen for around 8m - to play as a left back and can fill in at CB. This covered BAE going to the ACN

Jordan Ayew for 4.5m - looked to give him time as a Lennon back-up and also compete with Saha for game time as a back up to Adebayor

Alexandre Lacazette for 6m - again looked to give him time covering Bale on the left and some time up front when I could

Danny Simpson FREE - in one of those strange instances that happens when you play with someone else, I picked up Simpson on a free plus 4.5m for dos Santos ! Good emergency back up for Walker.

Colin Coosemans 800K - young Belgium goalkeeper. Was a speculative buy at best.

SOLD

Defoe - 8m odd

dos Santos - 4.5m and Danny Simpson

Went with a 4-2-3-1

.................Friedel....................

Walker...Kaboul..King...Vertonghen

............Parker..Modric...............

Lennon.........VDV.................Bale

...............Adebayor...................

Cudicini, Gallas, Sandro, Huddlestone, Ayew, Saha, Townsend, Lacazette, Kranjcar etc etc

Dawson suffered a season ender pretty quickly.

I didn't mind all my guys being on loan. It made it a bit more challenging and also meant I'd be able to accrue a good sum of money in the 2nd summer by selling them then, as opposed to being tempted to in the first summer. They also got game time because of it and held their value a bit better.

Finished 3rd in the league, QF of FA Cup, SF of League Cup, SF of Europa League.

I was happy with the league performance. We started off with a spanking of Man Utd 5-2 which was nice !! Also gubbed Arsenal in the 2nd game so I got off to a flier. Comfortably beat my mate 3-0 in our first game. The league remained tight right until the end from 1st all the way down to 6th. Sticky patch came with a loss to Arsenal and also losing to Newcastle 1-2 which was frustrating ( my mate was happy, but Jonas got sent of in the 15th minute and Newcastle went 2-0 up by the 20th ! Then on the 50th minute my comp froze but it didnt at his end. The rest of the game was played out without me being able to adjust anything and I later found out that we had pulled a goal back in the 62nd minute !). Smashing Chelsea 5-2 at the Bridge in the 2nd last game secured 3rd and was the highlight of the run in.

Disappointed with cups. 0-3 to Zenit away from home in the semi first leg was our worst performance of the season and screwed me.

2nd season plans

Perryman Park is being built but not ready till like 2014 and only has capacity of 48,00 odd ! I only got told end of season 1, and I would've been better just getting in there with a request to extend WHL.

Youth facilities almost completed

IN

Adler and Paloschi were both snapped up on frees in January.

Kurt Zouma for 8.5m

Adebayor on loan again - the guy scored 30+ goals for me and is available for 2.5m but wages are stupidly big. I have a conundrum I'm working with - both my strikers Ayew and Paloschi are young so I needed an experienced but still brilliant striker to be there to tutor them and start games whilst they continue to develop. Had a look around, but the best option in the end was to loan Adebayor for another season. Why not ? Costs **** all for who is a great striker in this game !

Saviola 3.5m - Just for extra tutoring and some depth for the young uns, I also snapped up Saviola who still looks very useful and will help out for a couple of years. Can also cover VDV at a push whilst I wait on finding VDV's true understudy/ young gun.

Targets.....

Draxler

Tore

are two I'm looking at to be VDV's understudy.

Im struggling to fit in both Modric and Van der Vaart in my team. I really rate both IRL and want to keep them, but they always end up in the same space when attacking. I have tried Modric both as box-to-box and cm with attacking duty, and he performs best at cmA. But then he keeps running in the same space as Van der Vaart in AMC. What to do?

I have Modric playing as a deep lying playmaker next to Sandro/Parker as a ball winning midfielder. VDV plays in front of them as an attacking midfielder. Both VDV and Modric are averaging well above 7's for me.

also spurs here finished first season and won the league by a point from city some how i was awful last 10 games but city seemed to slip up same times as me. i even lost the last game of season to swansea where city only needed a point but they failed and lost 5-1 to chelsea.

anyway ive signed Lil pea for 24milion fellani for 15 and hazard for 35. only 3 players ive bought and im feeling quite short now at the back and defenitly time for freidal to retire!, missed out on adler he went to inter milan :(

so basically i need a keeper who is going to challenge for titles with me i know about stegen but hes always rubbish for me

i usually play with smaller teams so i never really need to sign big players! i have around 7million to spend

I have just started a new game with Tottenham on the new patch. I'm doing ok but my forwards just aren't scoring.

starting a new game with a custom database (end of season) with some transfers such as ..... kings gone, tried to get him but he failed a medical. We got Vertonghon (do they know something we dont), no saha or Adebeyor so only forward we got is defoe. Anyway, i know the players i wanna get and get rid of, main problem is the staff.... i mean we have a good squad but the coaches are useless, well their stats are anyway. So.... who do you guys have in your backroom?

wow.. what database is that? clearly jumping the gun there lol

My first game in charge as Tottenham Hotspur, testing my Tiki-Taka tactic that i'm due to release! Here were the results from my tactic against Man City!

TottenhamvManCityStats_MatchStats.png

Started as Tottenham in the new patch and loving it.

It's New Year's Day and after 19 games I am top of the league with 49 points (P19 W16 D1 L2). Drew 0-0 at Home with Man City, lost at home to Chelsea 1-0 and 3-2 away to Bolton

(they scored the winner in the 90th minute when I was going for all three points).

Man City are 2nd on the same points, 49: (P19 W15 D4 L0)

Highlights have been:

opening day v Arsenal (a) W4-3 Defoe hat-trick and recovered from 1-3 down.

ding dong v Man Utd (a) W3-2 Went 3-0 up by half time, clung on at the end.

a crushing v Liverpool (h) W5-2

100 per cent record in Europe, whilst using my back up and young players. Got tricky knock-out fixtures coming up though.

In semi's of League Cup vs Liverpool. Other semi final is weak with championship sides, so in all likelihood the winner of this semi wins the cup.

3rd Round FA Cup tie at home to Man Utd coming up.

Squad:

Players In: all backup players

£1m Vrsalko (DR) quality

£2m Boka (DL) is almost better than BAE

£3.3m Nelson Oliviera (SC) looks good for the future

OUT:

Niko K (PSG) £8m

First team and backups:

GK: Gomes / Friedel

DR: Walker / Vrsalko

DL: BAE/ Boka

DC: Dawson/ King

DC: Kaboul/ Gallas

DM: Sandro/ Huddlestone

DM: Parker/ Livermore

MR: Lennon/ VDV/ Dos Santos

ML: Bale/ Modric/ Rose

SC: Defoe/ Oliviera

SC: Saha/ Adebayor/

For summer: Secured Sanogo and a young italian DC as free signings and will add a first rate GK, world class DC (as King and Gallas are too unfit), maybe M'Viila and if Modric leaves then I will attempt to bring in Hazard. I will terminate Adebayor's loan in the summer and despite Saha being on fire for me this year, I'll ship him on as well as he will be 34.

Despite having £30 odd million to spend in the January window I will resist buying and potentially rocking the apple cart as the squad is a tight knit bunch. Whether it works or not, we will see.

With the squad I have I would be happy with the following come season's end:

3rd in League

S-F Europa League

S-F FA Cup

Winners League Cup

This would give me an ideal platform to really win some big trophies for 12/13.

Will let you know end of season results.

starting a new game with a custom database (end of season) with some transfers such as ..... kings gone, tried to get him but he failed a medical. We got Vertonghon (do they know something we dont), no saha or Adebeyor so only forward we got is defoe. Anyway, i know the players i wanna get and get rid of, main problem is the staff.... i mean we have a good squad but the coaches are useless, well their stats are anyway. So.... who do you guys have in your backroom?

pretty late here, but look at these staff/coaches:

Dave Parnaby (AssMan, DEF), Paul Winsper (FIT), Adrian Lamb (FIT), Nigel Spink (GK), Joe Corrigan (GK), Tosh Farrell (SHO), Joe Jordan (TAC, already there of course), Phil Cannon (ATT), Brian McClair (TAC)

I have this exact selection except Parnaby is simply a coach and Jordan is my AssMan (Parnaby is better for AssMan though). everything is 4* minimum, a few 4.5* and 5*.

anyway, started my own Spurs save (already had a few but taking this one seriously and hoping to last a few years with it). made quite a few transfers...

got rid of Heurelho Gomes for £5M, Carlo Cudicini for £500K, Niko Kranjcar for £7.5M.

with this money plus what the board gave me...

Allan McGregor for £1.1M, James Forrest for £3M, Ryan Shawcross for £9.5M, Aly Cissokho for £11.5M, Craig Dawson for £1.4M and two future transfers for next season of Carlos Fierro (Free) and Michele Camporese (£1.4M).

basically this season I've spent £26.5M and sold £13M. I'm pleased with the relatively small spending. I was tempted to cash in on Bale and Modric for a combined £60M to Man City but I decided that it's maybe not for the best, so I said no to them.

means I'm playing something like this:

--------------------McGregor

Walker - M Dawson - Shawcross - Cissokho

Lennon ---- Parker ---- Modric ---- Bale

-----------------Van der Vaart

-------------------Adebayor

Subs: Friedel, BAE, Kaboul, Huddlestone, Livermore, Forrest, Defoe

I still have players like Gio Dos Santos, Louis Saha, Craig Dawson, Sandro etc in the books who are either injured or just now in my plans (Saha, for example) but will make for good squad players if I need them.

if it wasn't that obvious, I'm going to try and build a team centred around British players and trying to remain homegrown, hence my signings of Forrest and McGregor. Cissokho was signed simply because Everton wanted £22M for Baines and I couldn't get a cheap, quality British option. Shawcross was my first choice CB but it didn't look like I was going to get him so I was settling for Dawson and then Camporese the next season but then Shawcross forced his way out of Stoke so I got him at £9.5M (I offered £10M but they wanted £18M. ended up getting him cheaper than I was going to pay). I'm annoyed that I will have M Dawson, Shawcross, C Dawson, Caulker, Camporese and Kaboul next season. I feel that's two too many, so I'll probably sell Kaboul (despite the fact he's quality) and perhaps try to offload one of the Dawsons if either has an unspectacular season.

/long post

Quick update:

Bought Baines in the January transfer window for £16m because BAE and Boka were at the African Nations. I will sell them at the end of the season.

Got beaten by Liverpool after extra time in league cup semi

Got beaten by QPR at home 1-0 in fifth round of fa cup as had an injury crisis and had to rest key players as well.

Just beat 2nd placed Man Utd 5-0 at home and face PSG in semi-finals of Euro Cup.

Am 7 points ahead of Man Utd and Man City after 31 games.

Had bad injuries to Parker, Gallas, Adebayor, VDV.

I should win the title from here. Europa Cup would be a lovely bonus.

Bale, Kaboutl, Saha and Defoe have been awesome for me.

just won the treble (without the fa cup) in 2015. cavani scored 48 goals in the season for me, the most a player has ever scored in my fm life. buying jovetic to play alongside him was a good decision.

slowly getting regens into the starting lineup, stole a great cb from man city and has 5 star potential hes already starting for england at the age of 19

End of 1st season:

Formation 442 with defensive CM's and attacking wingers for home games

Europa Cup: Lost 2-3agg to PSG semi's

League Cup: Lost 4-5agg aet to Liverpool semi's

FA Cup: Lost 0-1 at HOME to QPR 5th Round

Premiership: .....CHAMPIONS!!! Led by 7 points with just a handful of games to go. Then the pressure set in, Man City won their last 10 in a row, we lost at home to Blackburn, escaped with a 1-0 away win to Everton (they had two 2nd half goals disallowed), Man City then leap frogged us because we had games in hand. We beat Villa 3-1 at home and then needed a win against QPR with our penultimate game of the season to wrap up the title. As it stood:

SPURS P36 PTS 92

MCITY P37 PTS 91

We went 2-0 down but turned it around to draw 2-2 with two Adebayor goals mid way through the 2nd half. We were pushing for a winner when Huddlestone stupidly got sent off (I fined him heavily and we have now fallen out)

So last day of the season we needed only a draw to away to Fulham to win the title for the first time in 51 years (as had a superior GD to MAN CITY who would defo win their last match at home to West Brom.

Went 1-0 down to the Cottagers and I nearly had a heart attack before Kaboul, Modric, Sandro, Defoe and Livermore got the party started with a 5-1 win! Defoe ended up with an incredible 36 league goals.

So a great first season.

Now will cut away all the dead wood and decide on the other players who come back after their loan periods but I am going to give youth a real chance and only bring in Butland from Birmingham. I will also keep Ledley King because although he can't play two games in a row, when he does come in he has been consistent. So I offered him a two year deal.

Adebayor and Saha (despite both doing well) will go. So will Friedel and Cudicini (as Adler is coming), Nelsen, Gallas, BAE, VDV (too injury prone) and Corluka, Pienaar, Jenas and Bassong when they come back.

Only cloud on the horizon is my relationship with Huddlestone who says are relationship has broken down and he now wants to leave. Any ideas how I can repair it? He doesn't want to talk to me anymore?? If I can't fix it then I will have to sell and bring in Rodwell instead. Also shall I keep Gio Santos? Does he turn out a good winger as he has all the attributes?

Question is can I regain the title without spending money and giving youth a chance? Squad for 2012/13 will be:

GK: Adler/ Gomes / Butland

DR: Walker / Vrsalko

DL: Baines / Naughton (retrain)

DC: Dawson/ King

DC: Kaboul/ Caulkner

DM: Sandro/ Huddlestone

DM: Parker/ Livermore

MR: Lennon/ Dos Santos/ Gomelt

ML: Bale/ Modric/ Rose / Townsend

SC: Defoe/ Oliviera

SC: Sanogo/ Kane/ Coulibaly

Good season mate, well done.

Letting VDV go is a huge mistake in my eyes.

The Thudd relationship may be repaired by a new contract or time but I also think Rodwell is better so I'd get him in.

Gio is great and develops well if played, keep him.

Good season mate, well done.

Letting VDV go is a huge mistake in my eyes.

The Thudd relationship may be repaired by a new contract or time but I also think Rodwell is better so I'd get him in.

Gio is great and develops well if played, keep him.

Thanks for the advice. Hudd relationship back on track with time and a new contract. Gio is great and even scores when played up front.

But VDV doesn't really fit in with my system. I have no MC or AMC in a 4222 formation with wingers and dmcs. so he plays back up amr to lennon and modric andf i already have gio as back up there.

So sell? And how much shall i hold out for?

should be able to get 15m-18m for vdv if psg and man city are interested. i think i got 15m after 1st season.

how have you setup your tactic in terms of player roles for 4222?

i tried a similar thing but with modric in the middle...didnt get the best out of him, so ended up selling him aswell for 30m to r.madrid.

Which striker would you lot buy start of second season to replace Adebayor - Damiao or Doumbia?

should be able to get 15m-18m for vdv if psg and man city are interested. i think i got 15m after 1st season.

how have you setup your tactic in terms of player roles for 4222?

i tried a similar thing but with modric in the middle...didnt get the best out of him, so ended up selling him aswell for 30m to r.madrid.

My only additions in the summer before season 2 were Sanogo and Adler (both free).

We started well and only lost two matches before Christmas (away to Bolton in league cup with reserve team and away to Bayern in CL group).

Sat top by 1pt at Christmas and then Phil Jones became available in the window so snapped him up from Man Utd for £12m and offloaded VdV for £8m to Shalke as he was always injured for me.

Had a crazy last few months. Reached the champions league final with the following results

2nd Rnd: Spurs 3-1 Real Madrid; Real Madrid 4-4 Spurs. Agg 5-3

QF: Man Utd 2-2 Spurs; Spurs 3-0 Man Utd. Agg 5-2

SF: Spurs 6-0 Bayern Munich; Bayern Munich 4-0. Agg 6-4

Also reached the final of the FA Cup by beating Man City 4-0 and Liverpool 5-0 (but they fielded weakened teams)

Despite leading the title race by 7pts in April I came 2nd with 92 points. 1-0 away losses to Liverpool and Southampton and a home 1-1 draw with Man City coupled with Arsenal winning their last eight matches meant the Gooners pipped me by 2pts. A Van Persie 80th minute goal in a 1-0 final day home win for them against West Ham meant that despite us winning a 4-3 thriller at sixth placed Wolves, we finished runners up to our bitter rivals. If the Hammers would have held on for 10 minutes then I would have regained the title by one goal on GD.

I blame the failure to win back to back titles on my Champions League and FA Cup exploits as my small and somewhat inexperienced squad just fell short of competing in three campaigns. But it ended on a high with a 4-0 crushing of Chelsea at Wembley in the FA Cup Final before returning to the same venue for the Champions League final where a Defoe header and Lennon strike beat Lyon 2-0!

Played a 442, with the midfielders fluctuating between def mid and central mids and wingers staying in the ml/mr positions or at aml/amr for easier matches.

Bale won world player of the year and Sanogo was signing of the season – 20 goals at just 19 years old. He will be a beast I’m sure.

Season 3: Changing formation to Tactizz Grid (4-1-2-3) as brought Podolski over on a free transfer to score me more goals. Also recruited Butland as Gomes wants first team football. And first season in Perryman Arena (49,000 capacity) so really exciting times.

Who would you guys bring in, if a choice between Adebayor and Ba, if it was a strict footballing decision, and also bearing in mind i am emotionally attached to Adebayor since his brill last season? :)

So in my journeyman career I took charge of Spurs in the 2018/19 season. Now, at the end of season 2020/21, I had my best season in 8 years of CM/FM.

Premier League - We took the lead on matchday 3 and held on to it.

FA Cup - I was lucky to have all the matches at home, specially Man Utd, but we fully deserved the cup.

League Cup - The real story here was the semi final. In the final we dominated.

Champions League - The group stage was easy, and we made the rest easy, with away wins that gave us a big advantage. The final was one-sided.

Top players:

Clebson Schmidt - Possibly the best player I ever managed. And he only cost me €9m!

Gareth Bale - Still great at 31.

Jano - His first season was a bit disappointing but this season he was great.

Milad Safarian - The right winger was ever-present.

Stefano Binatti - I bought him when he was 18 and he was always the first choice. Today he's one of the best.

I'm now leaving Spurs as my contract expires and I really can't top what I did this season.

interesting, what clubs did u manage before? and what tactics do u usually use?

Just coming into Febuary in my first season, and my balance is now at 0, and I am losing about 4 millions a month.....The balance is 0 mainly becuase of the extra stadium and training ground upgrade that was taken out....I have also shipped out man reserve high earners.

Should I be worried about this, as I know at the end of the season, a lot of players, will be released, out of contract saving me a lot of money!

Also, how much income, will I get for the new season, enough to get a transfer budget lol. I am currently 1st in the league, and still in all competitions, so Champs League I will def get into, miles about 16 points clear of 4th place.

Thanks for you help. The above question, is beacuse, this is the first time I have managed in the Premier League

Not normal imo, unless you have bought tons of players. Tottenham have one of the biggest balances in the league, so not sure how it's at 0. I personally would be worried, but winning the league will help, as will CL qualification.

Kaboul has been awesome for me (I took over start of the third season when Harry retired), my main CB with 3/4 others that rotate around him.

He has 8 goals currently as well (no special routines, just default). I rotate Mangane, Papastathopoulos and Caulker around him. Looking to sign Papadopolous next season as he looks brilliant and get rid of Mangane. Have a youngster Umtiti who I play every now and again.

I just had this pop up, I know Kaboul is good... but £54m good? :D

4048f297a6e91f7621191c545aeff123.png?1341766333

started my first save in months today with spurs..

im using the weegie update which means i start with a great budget and have the gylfi transfer in, i've made some wholesale changes, kinda... will update soon :) suffice to say.. the team will be superb

interesting, what clubs did u manage before? and what tactics do u usually use?
I managed Dover and got them from the BSS to the Premier in 8 seasons. After this season with Tottenham my contract expired and I'm currently managing Newcastle.

I use a simple 4-5-1 created with the TC, tweaked only for set pieces. The tactic doesn't do miracles by itself, good squad building does.

After 6 months in charge of the Spurs side, my completely attacking formation is working wonders leaving me at the top of the table by 8 points, game in hand. Only lost one game and that was to United 1-0.

As you can see from the picture, all my players are performing amazingly... all above 7 in the starting line-up! The only player who isn't is Huddlestone, because I forgot to put Sandro in the team for the picture, but he is injured at the moment. Sandro is beast :cool:

ad714e209231c563dac405d38321c518.png?1341880406

Looking to sign Ter Stegen during the summer.

Ok, using an updae DB, 1s transfer window and i'm in need of a keeper! Viviano won't talk to me, Lloris is waaay to expensive, Carrasso is not a £15m gk.

Not sure where to turn. I unsettled Begovic and he could be mine for £6m, or I could have Rafael of Santos for around the same price, but he is a risk because alhough he;s potentially grea, he's only 21 and Brazilian.

I would try to give Gomes a chance if he is available in the update. He isn't that bad with his atttibutes in the game.

Ok, using an updae DB, 1s transfer window and i'm in need of a keeper! Viviano won't talk to me, Lloris is waaay to expensive, Carrasso is not a £15m gk.

Not sure where to turn. I unsettled Begovic and he could be mine for £6m, or I could have Rafael of Santos for around the same price, but he is a risk because alhough he;s potentially grea, he's only 21 and Brazilian.

mandanda ... 10 ml or so.. top quality

gonna start again.. corrupted save.. my first one :(

at least i was still in first few months of the save i guess..

right.. need a striker.. did go for klass huntelaar.. as he's clearly one of the best finishers in the game.. but wasnt sure how to set him up properly.. and for the 20odd million he cost me.. i could get better... im just bored of the usual suspects

any suggestions?

also.. what formation/tactics are people using for spurs?

I got Iker Muniain for 20m. He is more of a SS/Winger/AMC. I used Ade and Defoe as my main striker. Saha mutually terminated his own contract.

Spurs formation normally is a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1. I used the deep 4-2-3-1.

im definitely going for 1 upfront... just have to find that complete striker to run the show... might go back for huntelaar.. he's only lacking pace, but frankly, the rest of the team is so dynamic and pacey , I don't think it will matter too much..

cheers vasilli.. will update soon and let you all know how i get on...

n.b im playing weegie update, which means saha, ade and co are gone anyway.. only have defoe as an out and out striker.. but do have gylfi :)

which brings up the interesting situation where i could try and build a del bosque esque strikerless formation with gylfi as trequartista :) hmmmm

mandanda ... 10 ml or so.. top quality

£11m release clause but he won't even talk with me. Think I may go with the young Rafael of Santos and put my trust in him. Lacks aerial ability.

gonna start again.. corrupted save.. my first one :(

at least i was still in first few months of the save i guess..

right.. need a striker.. did go for klass huntelaar.. as he's clearly one of the best finishers in the game.. but wasnt sure how to set him up properly.. and for the 20odd million he cost me.. i could get better... im just bored of the usual suspects

any suggestions?

also.. what formation/tactics are people using for spurs?

Klaas is superb, but I dislike players with no workrate. I'd personally go for Demba Ba. Abdellouae of Hannover is an awesome poacher too. Guess it depends on what fits your system. I much prefer physical workers with a decent technique to the more technical but weaker CF's.

Is it just me or does Caulker improve dramatically even without playing time? He looks immense.

I started up my save and set-up the Vertonghen/Sigurdsson deals in the editor. I feel so.. dirty..

i did the same, no biggie. Pretending i'm the new manager after HR was sacked. Also did the Fryers deals and also Modric, even though he may not even go yet but whatever.