FM12 Tottenham Hotspur Thread- The Best Team In North London

i was thinkin about selling king as i am not a spurs fan so he does not have the SHEXX appeal for me :)

i was thinking gary cahill :D

King couldn't get back into the first team when he came back from injury for me but it depends how much money you'd get for him as he'd make excellent defensive cover for injuries otherwise.

I tried to get Beckham but he was having non of it lol .... Thing with spurs you dont need to sign to many players maybe a class centre half cahill would be good... Looking at the midfield thats solid but its getting them all on the pitch... I play 4-4-1-1 With Raffa just behind Addey Wich means JD and pav are getting the hump . Sandro and Tommy H cant get a game right now...

I had problems with the defence on my demo save, midfield and up front were amazing but I shipped waaay too many goals. Not sure Cahill would be much of an improvement imo.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: tactics.

I retained the 4411 in-game, made Modric playmaker, won all my pre-season games with ease (inc 8-0 away to Luton) and then beat Wolves (4-1) and QPR (5-0) in the league. Seems Spurs are rated quite well this year, which is pretty much how we should be considering we're not that too shabby of a team.

About to re-start. I see a few are able to sign Tevev and the Brazilian kid, so I want a piece of the action.

I really hope you can carry on your saved game when i get the full game in 2 weeks... Im 2nd in the league just beat chelsea 3-4 away .Semi Final

Of the Carling cup and threw in europe.. + got raul on a pre-contract...... So fingers crossed for me

You can. But, I wouldn't.

The demo uses a small database, so you'll be missing a lot of players. Not to mention the game will need the usual 'tweaks' to enable the German national side and top league badges and proper kits etc.

Finished the demo first time through. Top of the league by 5 points including (home) victories over Pool, Arsenal and Man City. Respectable away draws at Man U and Chelsea, 2 stupid defeats, one away to Swansea and one home to Blackburn :(

Through in Europe with reserve side, through to Semi of Carling vs Wolves

Agreed a deal for Fernando Llorente at the end of the season, 15mill up front and 13mill over 48months. Only one signing was Matthew Briggs (4mill, DL from Fulham), has been excellent in Europe and Carling cup.

Probably will continue the demo as my laptop is relatively old and when I get a new one next year will begin again!

I really hope you can carry on your saved game when i get the full game in 2 weeks... Im 2nd in the league just beat chelsea 3-4 away .Semi Final

Of the Carling cup and threw in europe.. + got raul on a pre-contract...... So fingers crossed for me

I would start again as the full game will have bug fixes and you can also select a better database size as small won't be enough after a couple of seasons and you'll miss out on players.

Plus you may do better a second time around with the experience gained from the demo.

Signed Leandro Damiao and Leighton Baines, for 25m and 14.75m respectively. To fund this I sold Corluka, Kranjcar, Cudicini, Dos Santos and Pav. I signed Thiago on loan from Barcelona to cover the AMC spot as Modric is one of only four CMs. Am a bit thin at RB and MR/AMR with Pienaar injured. With him and Sandro coming back, I'll have a decent squad to alternate between my custom 4231 Asymmetric and 442 / 4411. What woud be really good would be an extra 10m in the bank, so you don't have to sell Corluka and Dos Santos. All the alternatives at right back cost at least 10m.

Signed Leandro Damiao and Leighton Baines, for 25m and 14.75m respectively. To fund this I sold Corluka, Kranjcar, Cudicini, Dos Santos and Pav. I signed Thiago on loan from Barcelona to cover the AMC spot as Modric is one of only four CMs. Am a bit thin at RB and MR/AMR with Pienaar injured. With him and Sandro coming back, I'll have a decent squad to alternate between my custom 4231 Asymmetric and 442 / 4411. What woud be really good would be an extra 10m in the bank, so you don't have to sell Corluka and Dos Santos. All the alternatives at right back cost at least 10m.

I found Dos Santos quite good at AMR as a sub to Lennon - he came on a few times for me in matches and scored the winning goals and played well in the Euro for me.

I got Tevez for a flat £5million!! Sold Pav for the same price so the £120k extra per week wages the only real outlay!

Playing a 4-1-3-2

GK : Gomes (Sweeper-Keeper, Support)

RB : Walker (Wing-back, Support)

LB : Assou-Ekotto (Wing-back, Support)

CB : Kaboul (Limited Defender, Defend)

CB : King (Ball-playing Defender, Defend)

DM : Sandro (Anchor-Man, Defend)

AMR : Van der Vaart (Winger, Attack)

AMC : Modric (Advanced Playmaker, Support)

AML : Bale (Winger, Attack)

ST : Tevez (Poacher, Attack)

ST : Adebayor (Complete Forward, Attack)

Doesn't always work out like that due to injuries, lack of fitness or form etc, vdV often plays in the AMC and Modric AML with Bale LB for example. GDS or Lennon can slip into AMR easily.

Took the lads a while to adapt to the formation and we got 4 draws and a defeat from the first 5 league games, but then went unbeaten until the penultimate game of the demo when we lost at Chelsea. Comfortably third at the end of the demo though, still in all cups (won the EL group by 13 clear points despite playing the kids in most games!) and I'm confident we can go on and win the League and hopefully a cup or two.

I got Tevez for a flat £5million!! Sold Pav for the same price so the £120k extra per week wages the only real outlay!

Playing a 4-1-3-2

GK : Gomes (Sweeper-Keeper, Support)

RB : Walker (Wing-back, Support)

LB : Assou-Ekotto (Wing-back, Support)

CB : Kaboul (Limited Defender, Defend)

CB : King (Ball-playing Defender, Defend)

DM : Sandro (Anchor-Man, Defend)

AMR : Van der Vaart (Winger, Attack)

AMC : Modric (Advanced Playmaker, Support)

AML : Bale (Winger, Attack)

ST : Tevez (Poacher, Attack)

ST : Adebayor (Complete Forward, Attack)

Doesn't always work out like that due to injuries, lack of fitness or form etc, vdV often plays in the AMC and Modric AML with Bale LB for example. GDS or Lennon can slip into AMR easily.

Took the lads a while to adapt to the formation and we got 4 draws and a defeat from the first 5 league games, but then went unbeaten until the penultimate game of the demo when we lost at Chelsea. Comfortably third at the end of the demo though, still in all cups (won the EL group by 13 clear points despite playing the kids in most games!) and I'm confident we can go on and win the League and hopefully a cup or two.

How did you get tevez for 5 mil flat m8

I just bought him for 17,5m euros + 9,25mil per year with 150k bonuses for goal and appearance.

I offered him this deal first time his agent refused, next msg Tevez sacks his agent and i offerd again and he accepted.

Pics or it never happened.

Will post pics later. Originally offered £10m plus vdV, they accepted that straight away but his agent wanted too much, so when that fell down I offered £5m plus vdV and they accepted that straight away as well, this time I agreed terms but vdV wouldn't go to City (:lol:) so I made a new offer and just removed vdV, amazingly they took that straight away!

thinking of starting a tottenham save this year. Don't think i need to buy too many players, might replace Kaboul with another British CB and try to get Baines in at LB. Might see if i pinch Sturridge and Adam Johnson, but i doubt they will come.

Looking to play 4-2-3-1 with Lennon, Van der Vaart and Bale in behind Adebayor

Those people who bought Tevez in the demo, how is doing for you? Thinking he could be a good back up option for my save, altho has the potential to be disruptive

thinking of starting a tottenham save this year. Don't think i need to buy too many players, might replace Kaboul with another British CB and try to get Baines in at LB. Might see if i pinch Sturridge and Adam Johnson, but i doubt they will come.

Looking to play 4-2-3-1 with Lennon, Van der Vaart and Bale in behind Adebayor

Those people who bought Tevez in the demo, how is doing for you? Thinking he could be a good back up option for my save, altho has the potential to be disruptive

Wouldnt sell Kaboul. Been my best CB so far

Yeah, Bassong and Kaboul both are excellent. Dawson's been a bit off. I did take the captaincy off him (went King/Modric). But it's not officially led him to a concern.

I'm doing very well. P13 W10 D3 L0. Joint top wih Man U, whom I beat away, also beat Liv'pool at home. Otherwise fairly good fixture. Maybe it'll get worse.

That's mad. Best bargain since the days of Messi regularly walking out of Barce on a free. I got him for 16m over 48 months which is still a bargain. Has scored 22 in 17 in all comps with 17 in 14 games coming in the league. Has 11 assists in the league too! He and Adebayor are a really good partnership, Ade has a whopping 28 in 17 with 8 assists overall with 23 in 14 games in the league and 7 assists. Staggering. I play Ade as a poacher and Tevez as a DLF attack if anyone is interested. Bale plays as a Defensive Winger support in the AML slot and VDV has been an Inside Forward support in the AMR slot with Modric and Parker in the MC slots as an Advanced Playmaker support and Ball Winning Midfielder defend respectively. Destroying all comers with a 66/12 F/A record after 14 games. Won 13 lost 1. Said it before will say it again. Demo is too easy. Would rather not have any apologists in here trying to justify my results - a plus 54 GD after 14 games is preposterous.

Given up on the demo, always mess about in the editor and change competition names etc before I start a proper game so going to wait 'til Friday. Thinking of going after a young-ish goalkeeper in January to cover for Friedel and then replace him the following season. Thought about Kasper Schmeichel, if I can pull him away from Sven. He was solid for me in Fm11 on a Burnley save, anyone any experiance with him on the demo? Or any other ideas?

Tevez - easily will be best buy in this FM, he is a beast.

hhHkDXXuATu.png

A. Lennon & Tevez - unstoppable

BMww8JMtJdw.png

My formation

B0kbbbYPpaC.jpg

Corluka - 4 weeks

Gallas - 3 weeks

Bale - 2 months

Sandro - 9 days

Pienaar - 2 weeks

Adebayor - 6 weeks

1st place atm with 12 points in 4 games and 16 for - 4 against

2nd place UtD with 12 points 10-1 gd.

Any suggestions?

Schmeichel is not good enough for Spurs. Not if you are aiming to break into top 4.

So what else is there? I'd recommend Marc Andre ter Stegen. He will cost you a bit but it will be worth it.

Other than that, I'd go for a German keeper in general. The problem is often that they don't want to leave their German club which can pose as a problem at times.

Any suggestions?

Rene Alder from Leverkusen - around £10M

Steve Mandanda from OM - around £11M

Both are 26 and better rated than any keeper Spurs start with. You may be able to get either for a bit less as I was only messing around at the start of the demo but it should give you an idea of what is available straight away. I'd prefer Alder personally.

As someone else has mentioned ter Stegen looks like he will become a brilliant keeper as is only 19? when the demo starts but will likely cost you over £20M but spread over 4-years it could be worthwhile as you'd not need to replace him for quite some time.

Rene Alder from Leverkusen - around £10M

Steve Mandanda from OM - around £11M

Both are 26 and better rated than any keeper Spurs start with. You may be able to get either for a bit less as I was only messing around at the start of the demo but it should give you an idea of what is available straight away. I'd prefer Alder personally.

As someone else has mentioned ter Stegen looks like he will become a brilliant keeper as is only 19? when the demo starts but will likely cost you over £20M but spread over 4-years it could be worthwhile as you'd not need to replace him for quite some time.

Isn't it Rene Adler bro ? Not trying to be an ass and point out your honest mistake here mate, was just incase anyone searched and couldn't find him.

I rate Gio higher than Lennon. He is more creative and unpredictable, only problem is that he is very selfish and wont give up the ball. But his raids into the opposition box is excellent.

completely agree, also Bassong what a prolific scorer the man is.

Archived