FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My computer had a massive crash and I lost my awesome Liverpool save, so I've moved onto Chelsea. Made a lot of changes:

OUT:

Ivanovic (Schalke, £12.5m)

Lampard (Man City, £23m)

Drogba (Inter, £15m)

Malouda (Malaga, £17.5m)

Bosingwa (Porto, £3.1m)

Paulo Ferreira (Sevilla, £1.1m)

Obi (Bayern, £10m)

Hilario (Porto, Free)

Turnbull (City, £500k)

IN:

Kyriakos Papadopoulos (£42.5m)

Danny Simpson (£2.3m)

Ibrahim Afellay (£1.7m)

Rodrigo (£9m)

Alan Dzagoev (£5m)

Ola John (£3.8m)

Gonzalo Castro (£6.75m)

Fernando (from Gremio, £6.25m)

Marco Verratti (£3.8m)

Gylfi Sigurdsson (£9m, joining July 2012)

I think that's it. I wanted to get rid of Meireles and Ramires as well but couldn't find any takers. I'm lining up 4-2-3-1 with my first XI being Cech; Castro, Luiz©, C

Papadopoulos, Cole; Verratti, Oriol Romeu; Afellay, Mata, Sturridge; Torres

I've also relegated Terry to the reserves and stripped him of the captaincy because he refused to leave the club. I'm not a Chelsea fan, I don't like Terry, and the transfer fee and spare wages would have been very useful in my pursuit of Lucas Moura, but never mind. He will stay there until June 30th 2014, slowly rotting and earning a lot of money. I don't care.

Anyway, I beat Norwich 3-1 in my first league game and was then held 1-1 at Villa Park, but have been happy with the performances. Goalscorers so far are David Luiz, Marco Verratti, Ola John and Romelu Lukaku. I like my squad.

englishpremierdivisionojk.png

I'll give you guys one guess when I took over. :D Hoping for a strong finish here. 4th's the goal, sitting just over 3 points above Arsenal. I think. Team is godawful, too. Needs an overhaul at the end of the season.

Also, one guess as to who was in charge before me, but no peeking back a few pages where I gave the answer. Or answering from memory. Guessing only.

My computer had a massive crash and I lost my awesome Liverpool save, so I've moved onto Chelsea. Made a lot of changes:

OUT:

Ivanovic (Schalke, £12.5m)

Lampard (Man City, £23m)

Drogba (Inter, £15m)

Malouda (Malaga, £17.5m)

Bosingwa (Porto, £3.1m)

Paulo Ferreira (Sevilla, £1.1m)

Obi (Bayern, £10m)

Hilario (Porto, Free)

Turnbull (City, £500k)

IN:

Kyriakos Papadopoulos (£42.5m)

Danny Simpson (£2.3m)

Ibrahim Afellay (£1.7m)

Rodrigo (£9m)

Alan Dzagoev (£5m)

Ola John (£3.8m)

Gonzalo Castro (£6.75m)

Fernando (from Gremio, £6.25m)

Marco Verratti (£3.8m)

Gylfi Sigurdsson (£9m, joining July 2012)

I think that's it. I wanted to get rid of Meireles and Ramires as well but couldn't find any takers. I'm lining up 4-2-3-1 with my first XI being Cech; Castro, Luiz©, C

Papadopoulos, Cole; Verratti, Oriol Romeu; Afellay, Mata, Sturridge; Torres

I've also relegated Terry to the reserves and stripped him of the captaincy because he refused to leave the club. I'm not a Chelsea fan, I don't like Terry, and the transfer fee and spare wages would have been very useful in my pursuit of Lucas Moura, but never mind. He will stay there until June 30th 2014, slowly rotting and earning a lot of money. I don't care.

Anyway, I beat Norwich 3-1 in my first league game and was then held 1-1 at Villa Park, but have been happy with the performances. Goalscorers so far are David Luiz, Marco Verratti, Ola John and Romelu Lukaku. I like my squad.

You should be sacked for that and no fans even turning up for your games ;)

just sold Super Frank and bought in Eriksen as his replacement.... rather good replacement if i may say so myself!!

Also, i signed Romulo at the start of the season and im now in January and Real Madrid came in with an offer of £19.5m, which Roman selfishly accepted!! what a *******.

Quick Eriksen update:

Screen_Shot_2012_07_04_at_12_50_05.jpg

i know its early still, but WOW

Doumbia has proved to be an inspired signing. 9 goals in his first 8 games! not sure what to do with Nando as Lukaku is rotating with Doumbia and they both cannot stop scoring!

Lukaku has banged in 13 goals in 10 games, Doumbia 9 in 8 games and Torres 15 in 30 games....

oh and Holland (my ass man) keeps upsetting my players when i send him to press conferences, need to get rid of him... who do you guys have? I've been thinking about Sidnei Lobo?

Ive still got Holland, hes been brilliant for me. Always good at press conferences an always gets a positive reaction with his cautious approach in team talks.

This is what i look for in an Ass Man:

Determination

JPA

JPP

Motivating

Man Management

Tactical Knowledge

Working with youngsters

and of course that they speak English, which Sidnei Lobo doesnt... Its hard to find an Ass Man with all those qualitys so just adjust the sliders down and up accordingly.

just been appointed Great Britain U23's coach for the Olympics, thats pretty damn cool

Screen_Shot_2012_07_05_at_15_42_49.jpg

end of the 1st season, here are my player stats. striker is still my biggest dilemma!!

Selling Meireles and Essien to make way for Sigurdsson as he is cheap and will be a solid back up. Other than that, dont really need anybody else! maybe a new young LB as Bertrand isnt really in my plans.

I won the PRM, knocked out early in both the FA Cup and League Cup. But worst of all, didnt even make it through the CL groups, finished 3rd and then got beaten by Sporting in the Euro Cup! Rather embarrassing. Did a Man United.....

How are you managing a country and a club in the same time... i couldnt do that... it is either a club or Nation.

I want to manage a club (chelsea) and a nation (england or italy) in the same time...

Can you help me and tell me How ??

Thanks

Arrrgh, all we needed was a draw away to Brighton to wrap up our (my) first Premier League title but we couldnt even manage it as we lost 2-1 an handed it to Arsenal. Im starting to think im never going to win it :(

We crashed out of the League Cup in the QF, lost in the Final of the FA Cup and got knocked out the Champions League in the SF. So not a great season at all.

Going into the new season Mikel decided he wanted a new challenge so i let him go on loan to Napoli for a fee of £5m, with a future fee clause of £15m, after getting no decent offers. I also sold Torres for £10m purely for the reason hes in the last year of his very expensive contract and having him and Damiao on the books has hampered Lukakus development, im really looking for him to step up this year.

5x1tkx.png

This guy was brought in for £23m from Napoli, hes on a hefty wage but he was already on 40 odd at Napoli. Lamps replacement who i think will retire at the end of the season, hes 37 and still going stong though.

I also brought in Gregory Schennikov for £20m, again an expensive transfer but he looks quality an Cole is past it now. Bertrand has been first choice for the last season or so.

This is the longest save ive ever had with Chelsea, maybe even on FM an im still interested :)

How are you managing a country and a club in the same time... i couldnt do that... it is either a club or Nation.

I want to manage a club (chelsea) and a nation (england or italy) in the same time...

Can you help me and tell me How ??

Thanks

when your managing a club.. you can apply for a national job and do both

right, i need a replacement for Ashley Cole... not someone immediate as Cole still has a season left in him, but someone aged 19 or something! ive had a look at a guy called Ricardo Rodriguez who plays for Wolfsburg, but they wouldnt even accept £17m and im not prepared to pay over that at the moment.

Any recommendations? Im not too fussed what type of player they are, but £15m would be my budget (unless they have a 4* PA then i'd be more willing to splash the cash

As ReggaeBwoy says, Bertrand is a good bet depending on how lucky you got with is PA, he looks great for me.

Alex Sandro from Porto is a good shout I've had him a couple of times, you could look at Jetro Willems of PSV too, looks pretty good on my current save.

I've started a new Chels save with a few updates from the editors forum, playing with Hazard and Marin is great, I'm approaching the end of season one so I'll update you guys later today once that's finished

Bertrand is 23 and only 2.5* CA.... looking for someone better than that! Loaned him out to Everton, so if he has a good season with them i might give him a chance!

Alex Sandro looks better, i'm gonna keep my eye on him until January and then compare him and Bertrand and decide who would be better.

John Terry just scored a hat trick in my first game of the season Vs Swansea! L.A.D

Hey guys, I haven't posted for a while. But I have been playing, Half way through Season 4, Will give a major update at the end of the season but thought I would just tell about the most interesting part which was "Pre Season"

I managed to find the following on the transfer list: C.Ronaldo (27.5mil, Not needed by club) / M.Ozil (13.5 Mil, Not needed by club) J.Wilshere (14 Mil, Transfer listed by request)

They all now take pride of place in my Chelsea squad, C.Ronaldo killed me, 230k wage + combined agent fee/personal fee around 11 mil, But he's only 29 and on fire.

Anyone else managed likewise, in terms of a transfer coup

Well, my first season went well winning the league but losing in the finals of the FA Cup and CL. However, the update I was using changed the colours of our kits to a weird light blue after the first season, and I really didn't like it, so I'm starting again with a few edits of my own to make it more realistic. I'll update you guys on transfers and stuff when that's done, think Oscar will be a high priority for me

Am in my 6th season on the game but my second at chelsea, was at sevilla for 4 years before hand Where I won 3 La Liga titles, 4 Copa del Reys, 2 Champions League, Europa League, 1 European super cup, 2 Spanish Super cups and 1 Club World Championship. I took over from ancelotti in 2015 who won the league and fa cup double but left for Man city. In my first season, we won the league, fa cup and champs league. and then, JT, Lamps, A.cole, Essien retired. To be honest they wasn't playing that much anyway. terry and Lamps are now apart of my coaching staff.

I still have cech as my number 1 and Torres playing up front but I think this could be Torres last season as my main two up front, Ivanovic will be leaving at the end of the season too as i Have Cesar Azpilicueta and Davide Santon for Rb's. I only noticed the other day that I have hardly any English players in my squad but that will change over the next season or two as I have my eyes set on a few good english players that are coming through.

My Squad is:

Cech/Courtois

Azpilicueta/Santon

Pique/Varane/Verapinto/Kjaer

Bertrand/Kopecky

Romeu/Pisano

Fabregas/thiago/pastore/delph/Leonardo

Sanchez/Hulk/Lucas Moura

Hazard/Di Maria/Gotze

Torres/Lukaku/Neymar/Muniain/Appleby

I know in some posistions I have too many players but at the end of this season I will be cutting down, but this season all the players are happy because there has been a lot of rotation because of the amount of games we have had to play.

For those who have played long games with chelsea, when did you start to phase cech out and who did you replace him with.

lacoste - RE Cech...

I dropped him in the 2nd season! his performances for me were so hit and miss i didnt feel it was worth keeping him in! Courtois was my immediate replacement! so far this season (2nd) he has played 18 and kept 11 clean sheets, with an AvR of 7.10. For a 20 year old (with a 17 year old CB in front of him) i think that pretty damn impressive!

Up to you though mate, if you wanna get the best out of Courtois, who is probably one of the best keepers in the game, i would start to play him sooner rather than lose him

Just started a Chelsea save. If it's alright with you guys i'm starting the game as if this was FM13 and Chelsea signed/sold no further players. Used the editor to bring in Hazard, Marin etc and also put the sold players either with their respective new clubs or released. I used the Chelsea website to get the exact info.

Hope you all don't deem this as cheating but i would like to post my career in here as i go along.

Just started a Chelsea save. If it's alright with you guys i'm starting the game as if this was FM13 and Chelsea signed/sold no further players. Used the editor to bring in Hazard, Marin etc and also put the sold players either with their respective new clubs or released. I used the Chelsea website to get the exact info.

Hope you all don't deem this as cheating but i would like to post my career in here as i go along.

I done the exact same thing mate. I look forward to reading your updates :)

Screen_Shot_2012_07_23_at_22_23_00.jpg

so, Valencia was put up for sale for £5.25m and i thought that he would be perfect back up to Lavezzi.... oh how wrong i was. He finished as my top goalscorer, top assists, top AvR and all that for under £6m!

I just stuck him out on the right wing and he did the rest!

Any one else made any surprise signings like this? Im having to play Lavezzi a bit now as he is very unhappy cos he simply cant get a game!

Lukaku, Chalobah and Courtois are also key players for me this season! In may now so will give a large update when im done with the season, but felt as though Valencia deserved his own little bit!!

Impressive performances from Valencia there Canal, nice going mate! Looking forward to seeing the longer update.

Like some of the others in this thread I started a new save with Hazard and Marin included and those we've let go removed from the squad. I used a few updates from the editors forum as well as some edits of my own to make it as realistic as possible. I'm in April of season 1 so far, I made two first team signings in the off season, but I'll leave you guessing as to who they are, and I'll do a full rundown of the first season as soon as it's over. Hope everyone's enjoying their saves, I gotta say managing the wealth of talent we have now is quite enjoyable!

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

What a great idea, currently in a league at the moment but i'll add my team to those mentioned above :)

Well i decided to start a new chelsea save alongside my long term old chelsea save.

Ive placed those that have left our club on the transfer list and letting those whose contracts run down, run down.

I have only signed Marko Marin and will look to bring in Hazard and Oscar as soon as i have the funds.

So lads and ladies, here’s my roundup of my first season on the new save, started with a few updates from the editors forum, so lots of updated transfers including Hazard and Marin (but before Oscar), and some other changes they’ve made to stats and PA’s and things. So, here we go

Transfers

In:

Oscar - £20m, lots of it through clauses

Azpilicueta - £12.75m

Some regens who for some reason appeared in the first season on this save

Out:

Ferreira - £1.2m Benfica

Benayoun - £10m Atletico Madrid

Malouda - £10m Juventus

Meireles - £16.5m Inter

Turnbull - £975k Everton

Kakuta, Delac, Ormero, Davila - Loan, Vitesse

Other youngsters on various loans

Pretty pleased with my dealings, I signed Oscar partly for realism, as I started the save a couple of weeks ago, and partly because he'll be great a solving the AMR problem I have. Azpilicueta was nothing to do with realism, didn't know we were being that strongly linked with him, and just needed a new RB to rotate with Bran. Leaving were players who just had no role in my team, and I got pretty decent prices for them.

Premier League

screenshot20120727at181.png

Overall, a pretty good league performance, attacking we were fantastic, goals galore, but we need to shore up a little at the back, so I’ll be working on that next season. Just the one loss which was great for a first season.

FA Cup

Played the youngsters in this competition and sadly went out in the 5th round at home to Bolton, we have to do better next season

League Cup

Same story on this one, out in the quarters to Spuds 1-0. Gutted about that, as we played pretty well

Community Shield

Beat City 3-1, goals from Sturridge, Oscar and a De Jong own goal helped us through, it was a nice way to start the season.

Super Cup

Beat Atletico 4-0 which was superb, Hazard’s first goal for the club too, a great win

World Club Cup

Beat Al-Ittihad in the semis and Al-Ahly 5-0 in the final, Torres got 4 and Hazard got the other, a pretty good way to become world champions

Champions League

Our quest to retain our trophy looked like it was going to be a success, we got some kind draws after the Group Stage, Galatasary, Ajax and Arsenal, winning all our games except the second leg against Arsenal, where we lost but went through on away goals. The final was a repeat of 08 against United, and sadly we fell at the final hurdle, going down 2-0. It was a great effort and we got further than I expected, so I was pleased overall, but gutted to lost to United.

The Squad

Torres clearly lead the way, 52 goals was a sensational return, ably supported by Hazard who got 34 assists which was a superb season for him. Oscar started slowly but picked up well, whereas Mata started brilliant but faded as the season went on, but they both provided great support overall. Marin was a great impact player and rotational option, Sturridge played the same role but with slightly poorer results, De Bruyne started a little sluggishly, but really grew into it as the season went on and he’s a great understudy for Oscar and Hazard. The strongest team lined up like this:

Cech

Azpilicueta – Luiz – Terry – Cole

Ramires – Lampard

Oscar – Hazard – Mata

Torres

Youngsters

This young lad popped up into the youth team on my first round of regens, he’s got 3.5 – 4 star potential depending on which coach I ask, and some very interesting stats. Looking forward to developing him. Also, love the name:

Then I signed these two, looks like I’ll be pretty well stocked in the striking department for the next few years!

Ceccarini

Verdier

Next season I’m looking to tighten the defence a little, and I’ll be moving on at least one of Essien, Mikel, and Romeu, as I don’t have room for all three and have a young regen I’d quite like to bring in there too. One little problem is that Ashley Cole broke his leg during the last league game of the season, so Ryan will be first choice for the next six months, and I’ve got a young Spanish regen who’ll be his backup, he’s only 16 but he looks superb. I’ve also picked up the Team GB job for the Olympics, so that should be fun too. Hoping for a good season, and I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Okay so I played my first season with the old squad and I came 3rd, won the league cup, went out to City in the semis of the Champs League and out early in the FA cup and to be honest was very lucky to keep my job.

Transfers 2011/12 season:

Transfers in:

Marko Marin-19 Million

Cesar Azpilicueta-11.5 million

Thorgan Hazard-1 million

Transfers out:

Alex -5.25 mill

Bosingwa-3.2 mill

Ramires-15 mill

Malouda-5 mill

Transfers 2012/13 season:

Transfers in:

Kylian Hazard-1.4 mill

Eden Hazard-25.5 mill

Jan Vertonghen-8 mill

Kevin De Bruyne-6 mill

Bruma-2.5 mill

A few young regens

Transfers out:

Drogba-free

Kalou-free

Anelka-free

Ferreira-free

Jacob Mellis-2.5 mill plus add ons

Ross Turnbull-1.5 mill

Milan Lalkovic-3.5 mill pluss add ons

Benayoun-1 mill

Meireles- 3.5 mill loan

Squad:

Gk-Cech/Courtois

Dl-Cole/Bertrand/Van aanhollt

DC-Terry/Chalobah

DC-Luiz/Vertonghen

DR-Ivanovic/Azpilicueta

MCL-Lampard/McEachran/ Hazard

MCR-Mikel/Essien/Romeu

AML-Marin/Hazard/ De Bruyne

AMR-Sturridge/Marin/ De Bruyne

AMC-Hazard/Mata/De Bruyne

ST-Torres/Lukaku

Hopefully a good season ahead :)

I've been having a bit of trouble getting really into any save lately, not sure why but it's just not happening, so I'm trying something different. I've moved Chelsea from the Premier League into the Blue Square Premier South, with almost the entire squad either put out as free agents or moved to other clubs. I'm basically trying a save as if we've faced a Rangers-like situation, with the club being demoted right the way down the system. I've also removed Roman from control, and have had the club saved in my imaginary situation by Mr. Dennis Wise :D

Should be fun for a bit at least, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I've been having a bit of trouble getting really into any save lately, not sure why but it's just not happening, so I'm trying something different. I've moved Chelsea from the Premier League into the Blue Square Premier South, with almost the entire squad either put out as free agents or moved to other clubs. I'm basically trying a save as if we've faced a Rangers-like situation, with the club being demoted right the way down the system. I've also removed Roman from control, and have had the club saved in my imaginary situation by Mr. Dennis Wise :D

Should be fun for a bit at least, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

wouldn't mind trying that myself actually what rules did you give yourself when choosing who to release and finances etc would love to replicate what you have done

Just started a game with Chelsea and am playing 4-2-3-1 with two ball winning midfielders (one defend one support). Do you think it could work????? Thinking of using to out of four of these lot Essien, Mikel, Ramires and Meireles?

wouldn't mind trying that myself actually what rules did you give yourself when choosing who to release and finances etc would love to replicate what you have done

Didn't really have any rules to be honest, I only kept Hutchinson, Blackman and Todd Kane, no real reason, just like those three in real life. Finance wise, I tried to keep it roughly in line with other Blue Square South clubs (I'll admit I gave myself just slightly more :D), and then I ticked the "add players to playable teams", so I've got a load of random regens in the squad which I'm building a team from. I also got rid of all the staff, and downgraded the facilities a little. Added Dennis Wise as the chairman, seen as he was a director of the Chelsea Pitch Owners until recently. Also changed last seasons results (I was working off the Weegie update from the editors forum, so it had the 2011/12 results), so we haven't the CL or FA Cup, that way we're not in the Community Shield or Super Cup etc.

Anyway, it's good fun so far, my main signing has been James Beattie on a free transfer, he's a beast for this level!

Does anyone ever have a problem in beating the big teams away from home? I have started a game with chelsea and i am three points behind Man Utd, i have beaten them at home 2-0, beaten Tottenham at home 2-0 but i have lost away to Man City, Arsenal and just lost away to Man Utd to leave me 6 points behind them. I understand that this is not unrealistic but i just never look like beating any of the big teams away from home, they look more dangerous on the attack, more solid at the back and quicker and fitter than me.

I play a 4-2-3-1 Balanced Control so its not like i'm going all out attack or anything.

Can someone please help?????

Archived