FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

chalobah is looking superb there... as you say .. a few mental issues are the only concern there.. but frankly ... look at those physical stats and his marking/tackling.. he'll bully his way out of any situation..

kalas and ake need looking at as far as stats are concerned in the patch or in the next version imo .. not sure what they were going for with ake... his spread of stats dont really equate to any position really and is at a proper disadvantage when it comes to developing him...

what about bruma and blackman tom? they still around?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Chalobah looks amazing! 7 England caps looks a distant prospect for him on my game. Kalas looks decent, but not that worried about him in the grand scheme of things, but Ake I want to make something of due to his perceived ability the researchers have given him. Here's what these three look like on my game, just to compare AI/Human development really, along with their career stats that the AI have made a mess with;

Nathaniel Chalobah

NathanielChalobahOverview_Attributes-2.png?t=1328058757

Tomas Kalas

TomasKalasOverview_Attributes.png?t=1328058835

Nathan Ake

NathanAkOverview_Attributes.png?t=1328058934

*Currently injured with a twisted ankle, hence the orange arrows. *

As you can see these three, most evidently Chalobah and Ake don't compare to the players that you have developed them to be. Very frustrating since I've taken over from the AI managing the club, and developing these players. Really don't see the worth of sending them out of endless loans at all, the players obviously weren't ready for that level of football at the time and needed training/tutorship.

Edit; from the match stats for this season all three have impressed and have 7.00+ average ratings. I've been careful in which cames to play them with, and who to play them with. For example I would't play both Chalobah and Ake at center back, I'd always have an experienced player like a Terry or Luiz with them, simply for the good of the team, if we defend well and keep a clean sheet as a team, these players will surely rate higher and therefore be more beneficial for gametime development.

what about bruma and blackman tom? they still around?

Blackman is my third choice, but he isn't any good - hasn't developed at all. He's just kept around because at his age he's happy to be back-up to Courtois/Delac.

Bruma looks fantastic, except for his heading stat which is only like 10 or 11 I think. He's still at the club, but would have left had he not picked up an injury and failed a medical. I'll probably keep him though as Terry's contract expires next summer, (June 2016), and Bruma will be useful. His physicals are unreal.

I'll post a screenie of Bruma tomorrow evening as I've come off FM now.

tommonufc - Chalobah has got six of his England caps since I took over as England manager after the 2014 World Cup, so I guess that is a bit "false" really - if you understand what I mean! :D

@tomtuck1 @welshace Bruma looks to have developed quite well in my game strangely. Coaches have rated him as a 2 star and playing close to his full potential now. As you say his physicals are unreal! Currently retraining at right back, as I think he could become my first choice there as a replacement/back up for Ivanovic. Just a shame his work rate/ team work is so low, that could be a problem when playing him at full back.

Jeffrey Bruma;

JeffreyBrumaOverview_Attributes.png?t=1328059805

Career Stats;

JeffreyBrumaHistory_CareerStats.png?t=1328059907

As you can see Chelsea have loaned him out instead of developing themselves, chosing to buy in players like Jagielka and Isla instead of giving him and other players a chance. But unlike Chalobah, Bruma has been playing at a good standard of football in the Budersliga, which I believe has attributed to his development, even though his averages have been awful.

Bruma is on loan at HSV from the start of the game for the first two seasons, which I don't think he can be recalled from.

As I said, I'll post a screenie of him from my save tomorrow. :thup:

Ahh, I didn't know that. Will look forward to see how much better and improved he is :D

Right. Little update from my very strange Chelsea save.

As you all know it's been up and down, and up and down. Basically I am 2nd in the league, 8 behind United who have been ridiculous this season. Just outplayed them at the Bridge but only drew 1-1. This means I am now only 2 points above City and Arsenal in 3rd and 4th so I need to get better. If I beat West Brom away in the FA Cup I am in the last 4 and I need to turnaround a 2-1 deficit against Shakhtar to get into the 1/4s of the CL. Problem is when I lose i go through quickly through the games to try and get loads played and a good run on the go. Problem then is I don't look at the match analysis etc to see where I go wrong if I don't win.

Rooney injured for 7 weeks. Could be vital for me. He has scored 31 goals in 31 games for United this season. I have 5 winnable games in the PL in a row now and then Liverpool and City away :(

Okay just lost 1-0 at home to Blackburn. I officially give up with this save, I can't be bothered to waste my time with it anymore.

He could be recalled, I recalled him straight away in my save.

Really? Bollocks didn't even realise/check that at the start of my save. Missed out on a couple of years worth of development.

tommonufc

Here is Jeffrey Bruma in September 2015;

brumaseptember2015.png

He can't play for me at the minute in the Premier League or Champions League because I didn't register him thinking he would be leaving, but he failed his medical and now I'm stuck with a player I can only use in the Carling Cup until the January registration window opens.

club_logo.gif

End of Season - 2014/15

Treble Winners - League, Europa League, F.A Cup.

A very competitive season was edged out on the final day, with a convincing win over my former employers Swansea - couldn't have scripted it. Due to my extended European and F.A Cup commitments I had games in hand over nearby teams for most of the season, therefore it was a case of Arsenal already completing their season, whilst I still sat on 37 games. So in the last game of the season all I had to do was win at home to Swansea, and I would win the League through my greater goal difference. Something that made me grateful for the emphatic wins against Bolton, 5-0, and Birmingham, 8-1, along with the midst of 3-0's over the course of the season. I was for the title from around about Christmas as I etched out a lead over Arsenal and Man City despite inferior games played, but this almost went Pete Tong when I lost back to back against the two title rivals Man City and Arsenal in the run-in; games that if I'd have won, the resulting top spot would have been a lot more clear cut. but alas, I aimed for top spot and achieved it, objective complete; meaning next season, to paraphrase Brian Clough, "I can only win it better".

Eased through the Qualifying, Group Stages and even the 1st round knockabout before I met my first real test in Tottenham. Sticking to the philosophy of fielding a '2nd XI' I squeezed past an arguably stronger Tottenham side on away goals. In the Quarters the competition evidently got a lot tougher, but I managed a convincing 4-0 two leg victory over Marseille to set me up against old friends Swansea in the Semi-Finals. Guided to the glories of Europe last season by yours truly I was surprised to see their European dream last this long due to their overall League performance being less than impressive. They were brushed aside 7-2, to set me up against Villareal in the final at the Nou Camp. There I obviously faced the toughest test of the competition, seeing me veer away from a solely '2nd XI' to bring in the likes of Sigurosson, Mata and Gotze. Lukaku kept his place through the virtue of blitzing the competition, scoring a total of 21 goals up until this stage; but he went off injured early on, seeing me turn to Torres from the bench - with him eventually going on to score our third. Mission Complete - Europa League won! Haven't won this competition for a couple of FMs, always seeming to bypass it to the CL, so was good fun, if not a bit of a pain towards the end of the season. The final coming on a Wednesday, I had previously played F.A Cup final on the Saturday, Bolton in the League on the Monday and due to play in the league the following Saturday. Fixture congestion, jheeeze.

F.A Cup

Final - Results

Not top priority this season, and could have probably done without the extra few games, but you can never turn your nose up at a trophy. Second F.A Cup win in three years for me as a manager. Man City took me the distance in the Quarters, eventually edging out through a penalty shoot out after four and half hours of football! Everton were beaten in the Semis to set me up against their Merseyside rivals, Liverpool, in the final; eventually winning 3-1.

Players

First Team Ratings

Top Goalscorer - Romelu Lukaku

RomeluLukakuOverview_Attributes-2.png?t=1328233675

Started off his season in Europa League and Cup competitions, but as the season went on he began to start more games in the league, edging out top goalscorer at the club over Fernando Torres by three goals. Still only 22, and has turned into a top striker - will look to hopefully refine and boost his technical abilities next season.

Signing of the Season - Glyfi Sigursson

GylfiSigurssonOverview_Attributes.png?t=1328234433

My replacement for Lampard, a goal scoring midfielder, cost me £22m to bring him with me to Chelsea from Swansea, but has gone a good way to repaying that fee already this season. Not scored as many goals as I've managed to get him to in previous seasons, but has largely featured in central midfield instead of amc. Man United are showing interest in him, and have already rejected a £35million bid from them for him. Finshed runner up to Messi in European Footballer of the Year this season as well, along with winning English Players' Player of the Year, with Juan Mata coming third.

Top Rated - Mario Gotze

MarioGtzeOverview_Attributes-2.png?t=1328235122

Costing the best part of £57million I should expect him to be the best player within the team. Missed the last month or so through injury so missed his presence in the finals and big games in the League, but he had already worked his magic this season. Mainly played out wide in AMR or AML positions, but has featured at AMC to great affect. Found his best goalscoring position to be on the left, where he would be able to cut in on his right and finish; but he was most effective on the right where he would be able to use his dominant foot to great affect to create goals. Most assists for the season with 24 goals! Finished runner up to Jack Wilshere in PFA Player of the Year.

Next Season..

..I will first and foremost look to defend my League Title, whilst aiming to improve on points accumulated, games won etc etc. The League will be top priority, but now Chelsea are back in the Champions League that too will be a competition I will look to win. Squad wise, I will probably be without Mauricio Isla, who I will look to move on due there being sufficient interest from a host of Italian clubs. Bransilav Ivanovic may be on his way out with Inter Milan showing interest in him. He's 31 now, with him not being quite the physical brut he once was; as well as there being a few younger players I will want to promote further. That will probably cover any transfers going out.

Transfers in will remain to a minimum regarding the first team, with me no doubt bringing in a few for the U18s that I can develop. At risk of contradicting what was previously said, I do fancy bringing in a top quality defensive right back, with Nika Kvekveskiri being top of my list, along with Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Raphael Varane with a view to retraining them. A left back to replace the aging Ashley Cole maybe more of a priority, but I am lacking any inspiration in what is on offer - I like the idea of Jack Robinson, but he hasn't developed as well as I've seen him to on previous saves under the AI. One player that I've already signed the deal on is Ravel Morrison. Had him on loan at Swansea in the first season and was surprisingly good despite apparent lack of quality at that age. Since then he hasn't played for Man U, but has turned into a half decent player, so at £650k I couldn't say no, hopefully I can manage to get him tutored by Frank Lampard and turn him into a top player that his potential shows he could be. Along with Ravel I have few more young players joining me from South America, one that was already on his way when I took over, a Brazilian dm, and a Mexican forward I hope to replace Torres with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading

@Stu232 I recon anything below £50million would be seen as a good deal. Dortmund are reluctant to sell him, and in the second season he'd have a while left on his contract so will be costly.

@Raymubdo21

1st XI - - - - - - 2nd XI

ChelseaTactics_Overview-1.png?t=1328286134

(Regens in the team; 1st XI - Xavi, 2nd XI - Luke Brown)

Above are examples of what would be my first and second teams, as you can see I can comfortably field two teams again this year. Not in the Europa League this season, but will try a field a good part of the '2nd XI' where I can in the Champions League against the smaller sides in the Group Stages - will use Cech as my GK in the League, and Courtois in Europe. Retrained Ramires to play at right back last season, and played him a few games there towards the end of last season where he played well. I see him more of an attacking option there, and is useful as he's so good in possession high up the field. Currently retraining Kyriakos Papadopoulos to become my defensive option at right-back after signing his from Shalke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16 - Transfers

ChelseaTransfers_History.png

As you can see I've been busy again this season, bringing in plenty of new faces - but more for the future than for the first team. Leaving the club saw me cash in on a good offer from Inter Milan for Ivanovic, and Mauricio Isla from Roma. Ivanovic was beginning to age and the offer was too good to turn down. Isla didn't really feature in my plans. No doubting his abilities, but wouldn't have featured in midfield and I didn't really fancy him at right back. Finally shot of Essien, Malouda (retired), Romeu and Villas Boas signing - Gonzalo Castro. Here's a look at the new faces in;

• Kyriakos Papadopoulos - £14m from Shalke; A beast of a center back, used him in previous saves there and he was brilliant - but I see him to have great potential at full back. Very much the replacement for the outgoing Ivanovic.
  • Ravel Morrison - £650k from Man U; Hopefully I can round out his edges and turn him into a top player. Set a target of winning him his first England cap within this season! Could be a real steal for £650k.
  • Jack Robinson -[/b] £5.75m from L'pool; This will likely to be Ashley Cole's last season, in which time this guy should be ready to take over. Keen to bring him in to take over from England's #1 left back due to the potential he should fulfill in making that spot his own in the England team. Not really developed at Liverpool after being sent on loan here there and everywhere, but hopefully I can kick start a late development.
  • Diego Torrentera - Signed on a compensation fee of £1.7m I've been waited for his arrival since the start of last season. High hopes of this guy to become the future forward line of Chelsea, along with Lukaku and an academy prospect.
  • Barrie Maddison - £1.2m comp. from Celtic; Labeled the next Kris Boyd, I'm hopeful he'll turn out a little better than he did! A giant of a 15 year old, if not a little slow. Hopefully I'll be able to speed him up over the course of his teenage years and he can become a true Scottish battering ram!
    Top of the Academy...
    This season I will be looking to blood three players into my first team from my U18's. Strictly only one of them is from the academy, with the other two being brought in last season. Here they are;
    Tom Clement I see him becoming a future England striker. Hopefully I can improve some shoddy metal stats from some Torres tutoring and game time this year.
    TomClementOverview_Attributes-2.png?t=1328290746
    Morell Jamson Brought him last season from Middlesbrough. Possible future England number one. Will play in a hopeful League Cup run.
    MorellJamesonOverview_Attributes-2-1.png?t=1328290853
    Gabaitumele Sikele The big money signing from Barcelona last season. Hasn't developed as I would have hoped whilst in the U18s this year. Will be able to promote him to the reserves now he is 17, and will feature in a few first team games this season. Hopefully the future attacking right back of Chelsea.
    Image Link; http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/tomrichards1992/GabaitumeleSikeleOverview_Attributes-2.png

Your paying Papadopolous £525k a week!!??

Inadvertently gave him a 'match highest earner' clause in negotiations, so had to bring his wages down to a respectable amount, must have added a couple of extra digits in by mistake! Glad this was spotted, I'd have been hemorrhagic money! Roman would not have been pleased.

Carling Cup Debutants

Given some debuts to a few of my youngsters in this years Carling Cup - two of which being Tom Clement and Stanley Laros. Here's how they have got on.. Tom Clement was given his debut against Middlesbrough, scoring 4 in that game! Stanley Laros was given his debut against Fulham, scoring two and setting up another two!

3rd & 4th Round

ChelseavMiddlesbroughInformation_Overview.png

Tom Clement

TomClementOverview_Attributes-3.png?t=1328389458

Stanley Laros

StanleyLarosOverview_Attributes-1.png?t=1328389515

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2015/16 so far.. Currently sitting 3rd in the league after 9 games, behind Aston Villa and Man City respectively; incidentally the two teams that have beaten me so far. Confident I can put those two defeats behind me and progress up the table, as I feel Aston Villa won't last at 2nd. Unfortunately the European Super Cup didn't go to plan, losing 4-0 to Barcelona. Was comfortably the better side in the game, but for Mr. Messi to score 4 against me! Other than that League is going well, as to teh Champions League group stages, and into the Quarters of the Carling Cup now - and I'm scoring plenty of goals!

ChelseaFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

First season, tried Torres first month and he sucked so i benched him, he missed chance after easy chance and no matter how I tried to motivate him it messed him up. I then wanted him gone, trying to sell for 15 mil putting him on the transfer list but no one would take him on because his excessive wages. I was sick of watching Torres fail time after time in real life and didnt want to have to watch it in football manager as well.

However around the end of October I put him in out of necessity due to injures to other strikers and hattrick-hmm. Next game a brace. Next game a hattrick. Now he is averaging like 8.8 and 2 goals a game, he's been like this for 3 months now, apparently because he's determined to prove me wrong for putting him on the transferlist and earn his way off the transfer list.

He is currently my best player, after going 10 appearances with no goals he now has 19 goals on the season in 19 games total, meaning 19 goals in the last 9 games!

My problem is, Im afraid if I take him off the transfer list he'll get content and start going back to spurning chance after chance like his real life counterpart. Should I take him off the list or leave him on, is there any in game consequence of leaving him on the transfer list?

HELP ME WITH FM PLS

I don't see why you wouldn't take him off the transfer list.

----------------------------

And on another point, it's always nice to hammer a rival;

lovelyvictory.png

The only downside was Neymar's injury - he's been ruled for four to five weeks.

tomtuck1 Nice win, very convincing! I see your playing Bertrand and Romeu; Villas-Boas sold Bertrand to Stoke before I came along :( Barely played Romeu, didn't really see him to be that good, obviously didn't develop at all prior to my arrival, think I only gave him a couple of cup outings.

Good going everyone here, nice to see you back bucky! Obvious places to strengthen are the wings, right-back and a centre-back, unless you've got Cahill in there. Good luck with the save, let us know how it goes

I haven't been able to play much since I finished my season, but I'm about ready now to start the 18/19 season. Here's my pre-season update

Transfers:

In:

Cardeynaels - £1.8m

Molefe - £1.7m

Moseley - £3m

Al-Mutairi - £3.4m

Assorted youngsters

Total: £22m

Out:

Basile - £15m

Santarelli - £5.5m

Canic - £9.75m

Gary Medel - £5m

Courtois - £7.25m

Other regens

Total: £49.5m

Pleased with the business overall, Cech retired and Courtois headed off, leaving me short in the goalie position, and I'm pleased with the two I've got. Cardeynaels was cheap and will make a good number two (another belgian goalie to follow Courtois) and Molefe is one for the future, no idea why he was on the transfer list at Arsenal, he'll be England's number one soon. The other transfers in are mainly for the reserves, but they'll get some cup games and definitely have potential for the future.

The Team

GK: Taramasco, Cardeynaels, Molefe

DR: Achterberg, Leleco

DC: Al-Shemmari, Chalobah

DC: Ayala, Luiz

DL: Vampeta, Ramsey, Keown

DM: Lano, Holzhauser

MCR: Said, Ramires, Derbal

MCL: McEachran, Gentle

AMC: Mata, Rafael

STCR: Lukaku, Comberton

STCL: Neymar, Dobbs

Playing my 4-1-2-1-2 formation, I'm fairly well stocked in each position. Keown at LB is one from the academy, he's in there due to the 2 month layoff for Ramsey, it's annoying I'll be missing him, but nice to give the young kid a few games if I can. Derbal was one who was at the club before my arrival, he's there for the champions league spots and because he's got some potential, he'll get his fair share of chances. I'm pleased with the balance of the squad, here's our results from pre-season:

Friendlies

Chelsea 9 - 0 London APSA

Cruz Azul 0 -5 Chelsea

Lyon 2 - 3 Chelsea

Chelsea 3 - 0 Celtic

Crystal Palace 0 - 3

Chelsea 7 - 0 Villareal

A good pre-season, except the injury to Ramsey. I was particularly pleased with the Villareal result, we played superbly.

Community Shield

Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

Mata 6'

Neymar 85'

Nice to get us up and running, a solid win with a nice clean sheet. We've got a tough opening fixture list, United away, Liverpool Home, Arsenal (Euro Super Cup), Tottenham away, so it's a real test to start the season!

I'll let you guys know how we get on.

One last note, I picked up the Brazil job after they did very poorly at the world cup, I've taken it for the Copa America mainly which is next summer, should be a good challenge.

How does everyone play torres? ive been playing him as an advanced forward with limited success he has been injured for four months though, also how would you play Cavani? I only play one upfront so i rotate between them, or do you think i should change formation for the next season?

I would play Cavani and Torres up top together, I at the moment only play one up front with Torres as a Advanced Forward Attack I think will double check after work, he does really well like this, but it depends on your tactic and the setup plus how your team play

McEachran and Mikel running the show, and a Torres hat trick. This win resulted in Martin Jol getting the sack, muahaha!

A point behind Tottenham who are top, after 25 games, but have a game in hand and a vastly superior goal difference, so the league is looking good. In to the Carling Cup final, where I'll play Championship Norwich. Valencia in the Champions League 1st knockout round, and just about to negotiate Stoke City away in F.A Cup 3rd replay. Feeling scooping 5 trophies this year! Especially if I can play like this most weeks..

ArsenalvChelseaAnalysis_Analysis.png

McEachran and Mikel running the show, and a Torres hat trick. This win resulted in Martin Jol getting the sack, muahaha!

A point behind Tottenham who are top, after 25 games, but have a game in hand and a vastly superior goal difference, so the league is looking good. In to the Carling Cup final, where I'll play Championship Norwich. Valencia in the Champions League 1st knockout round, and just about to negotiate Stoke City away in F.A Cup 3rd replay. Feeling scooping 5 trophies this year! Especially if I can play like this most weeks..

ArsenalvChelseaAnalysis_Analysis.png

Very nice @tommonufc what are McEachran and Mikels player intructions just out of interest? As I want to bring in McEachran and train him up.

I don't have the patience with Mikel thinking of selling him

starting a Chelsea save for a short-term game until the new patch comes out so I can then start a long-term save with someone else. anyway, I'll stick around in this place for the forseeable future. just started, but here are my plans (hopefully):

Staff

clearing all coaches out besides Steve Holland. I haven't yet looked at scouts and physios, but I imagine a few changes are definitely needed there too.

Players

Quite a lot of ins and outs to be made here, I imagine. my ins:

INS (nothing confirmed yet, prices are bids I've placed (1st two meet clauses))

Gonzalo Castro (AML) - £16k

Marco Reus (AMR) - £15.75M

Ryan Shawcross (CB) - £7.5M

Total - £23.25M (projected)

OUTS (nothing confirmed yet, prices are what I've offered them out for)

Hilario (GK) - £500k

Florent Malouda - £7.5M

Nicolas Anelka - £5M

Salomon Kalou - £5M

Total - £18M (projected)

my purpose here is to get rid of old players who I feel no use for (Malouda, Anelka, Hilario) and sh*t (Kalou) whilst bringing in replacement for said players. I don't feel a backup keeper is needed but a CB is, so I'm going for a young English talent who I've had success with on FM11 alongside John Terry at CB (although Luiz and Terry will probably be my starters). I'm bringing Castro in as a cheap back-up to Juan Mata. I considered chasing Hazard, but i don't want to push Mata out of the team (which will happen if I sign Hazard). Reus is to be my starting RW if he chooses to sign the contract (I met the clause, so a contract will be offered). I've also placed a bid for Albrighton but if I get Reus I won't bother with Albrighton.

I've promoted Romeu to the first team, same goes for Lukaku, Sturridge and McEachran. Lampard will tutor McEachran and Drogba for Lukaku. I may also get Essien to tutor Romeu if I feel it necessary. I am retraining Sturridge to AMR so he can cut in on his stronger foot and also because I don't need 3 LWs.

I hope to play a 4-3-3 in bigger matches with Reus on RW, Mata on LW, Torres up front, Lampard at MC, Ramires/Meireles at MC also (depends on form), and Mikel/Romeu (again, dependant on form) at DM. Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz, Cashley is likely to be my starting backline. I will play a 4-2-3-1 in "easier" matches, with the same players but a different shape.

I intend on setting up with a Defensive Midfielder Defend, Box to Box Support (Ramires/Meireles and Midfield Centre Attack (Lampard), Inside Forward Attack (for Reus), Winger/Inside Forward Attack (Mata) and Advanced Forward (Torres/Drogba).

it'll be interesting. I'll report back here with signings etc when it's appropriate. telling Roman that I am aiming for a title challenge, but really I expect to win the league with such quality in the team.

Oh, I'm sure that any player performs well if instructed correctly.

I would much rather Marco Reus than Salomon Kalou though.

speaking of which, Reus just signed for me.

looks like I'm signing Reus, Willian and Otamendi.

Stoke are unwilling to sell Shawcross for anything below £10M (I don't know what they want, but I'm not paying more than this for him); Bolton won't sell Cahill either. Castro had a work permit turned down so I signed Willian as he can play a variety of roles.

2014/15 - League, Europa League, F.A Cup.

2015/16 - League, Champions League, F.A Cup, Community Shield, League Cup runners up

Chelsea-FC-icon.png

End of Season - 2014/15

League, Champions League, F.A Cup, Community Shield

Premier League -

League Results

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-9.png

Champions League - Champions League Results

RMadridvChelseaInformation_Overview.png

F.A Cup - F.A Cup Results

ChelseavAstonVillaInformation_Overview.png

Players

Top Goalscorers

-Fernando Torres - 43 Goals

-Glyfi Sigurosson - 39 Goals

-Romeo Lukaku - 24 Goals

Top Assists

-Mario Gotze - 22 Assists

-Juan Mata - 21 Assists

-Glyfi Sigurosson, Josh McEachran - 12 Assists

A very productive season, retaining the League and F.A Cup whilst winning the Champions League on the back of last years Europa League glory, with the only blemish being losing out on the League Cup to Norwich on penalties. This season success was built much more from a core of first team players, with the likes of Terry, Struuridge, Cole and Lampard playing a back seat role. New signings Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Ravel Morrison and Jack Robinson has good seasons, with the latter playing back up to Contraeo, and Papadopoulos being a rock at right back throughout. This season also saw the emergence of academy players Tom Clement and Luke Brown into the first team, with Clement finishing with 9 goals in 6(4), as well as the, now 18, £15million right back Gabaitumele Sikele.

Regarding next season I will look to continue where I left off from, and strive for an unbeaten season in the League now that I have finished top two seasons in a row, along with retaining the Champions League. This season also brought a curtain down on Ashley Cole's career, who retired at 35; he didn't feature as much this season, so wasn't worth me keeping him on. John Terry has been given another year on his contract as a player/coach; he will be used sparingly, but will be useful for tutoring and have managed to slash his wages from £155k p/w to £28.5k p/w! Frank Lampard hadn't featured much for most of the season, but was used a few times within the last few games as fixture piled up, and was brilliant. I used him in a deep lying role there, and regularly out passed any other player on the pitch, managing 100+ passes a few times - so have given him an extra year as his physical condition is still decent at 38 (20Nat. Fit. 15 Stamina); he'll feature in my plans next season, and will be useful for tutoring again. Along with the departure of Ashley Cole, I have released many of the reserves that have been sat there since I took over, and will look to move on a few of the first team - Daniel Sturridge, Jeffrey Bruma, Tomas Kalas, Scott Sinclair, Matej Delac.

Coming in to the first team I don't envisage any big name name signings, although I was chasing Messi on a bosman! He sadly wasn't interested, and ended up renewing his contract at Barca on the final day of his contract! I'll no doubt bring in many youngsters for the U18's, and will try and blend in a few of the current generation into the first team this year.

Stamford Bridge has been expanded slightly to 40,000; and I see plans on a new stadium have started, with a completion date targeted at June 2019! This will be very much needed as I managed 19 sell outs in the League this season, and I'm hemorrhaging money month-on-month, with me only making money at the end of the season through Champions League and League prize money etc.

was offered the chelsea job in my everton save in 2015, although i was flying high in 2nd with everton i have decided to do a split off save and take the chelsea job, i have been offered 46 million to rebuild the squad as it is now very old with lampard still seen as a first teamer at 37.

should be fun

was offered the chelsea job in my everton save in 2015, although i was flying high in 2nd with everton i have decided to do a split off save and take the chelsea job, i have been offered 46 million to rebuild the squad as it is now very old with lampard still seen as a first teamer at 37.

should be fun

Similar to how I wound up at Chelsea. Just came of the back of a good season with Swansea, and was offered the job after AVB was sacked. Took the job as I wanted to rebuild a shoddy squad that he had assembled. Can you post up some shots of your squad, see what players you have to deal with..

Lampard is decent in my opinion, and is still in my team at 38 now.

Yeah, the defence was the first area I wanted to improve on, and is now probably one of the strongest parts of my squad. Defensive midfield I don't think you have any worries at all, both Mikel and Ramires are great for me there, and I'm sure Inler is decent. Will be interested to see how you get on :D

Season 2016/17 Media Prediction - 2nd

Squad

Goalkeepers

- Petr Cech

- Thibaut Courtois

- Morell Jameson

Defenders

- Kryiakos Papadopoulos

- John Terry

- Nathaniel Chalobah

- Nathan Ake

- David Luiz

- Jack Robinson

- Fabio Coentrao

- Xavi

- Gabaitumele Sikele

- Geoffrey Dubus

Midfielders

- Frank Lampard

- John Obi Mikel

- Ramires

- Juan Mata

- Mario Gotze

- Ravel Morrison

- Gael Kakuta

- Glyfi Sigurosson

- Luke Brown

- Craig Samuels

Forwards

- Fernando Torres

- Romeu Lukaku

- Daniel Sturridge

- Tom Clement

- Diego Torrentera (on loan at Corinthians)

- Mattia Rodolfi

- Stanley Laros (on loat FC København)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers 2016/17

ChelseaTransfers_History-1.png

No big money transfers this year for the first team, although I did chase Falcao, now 30, who was released from Athletic Madrid, but his wage demands were unrealistic; eventually moving to Arsenal. Instead of which I moved on a few back up players, that didn't really feature last season for some good money (still trying to shift Daniel Sturridge). The transfers in were all very much for the youth team. There were a few more players I would have liked to bring in but clubs estimations of them were too high, from previous experience anything over £10million is too much of a risk for a 15/16 year old that isn't going to compete for the first team straight away, therefore I limited myself to a handful. Here's a closer look at them;

- Andrew Bennett - ST/AMR - 4.5 Star Potential

- Flemming Hansen- MC - 3 Star Potential

- David Lambert- LB - 4 Star Potential

- Mario Gonzalez- DC - 3.5 Star Potential

- Joan- MC - 4 Star Potential

- Jean Marie Gross- ST - 4 Star Potential

- Rene Bouma- AMC - 4 Star Potential

- Alexander Heron- DC/L - 4 Star Potential

1 down, 6 to go..

ChelseavTottenhamInformation_Overview.png

Started the season in winning ways, and ticked the Community Shield off my 'To win list'! Gave this guy his debut too, becoming the youngest ever Chelsea player at 16 years 4 days. He was touted as the best player of his generation from last years Youth Intake, and looks destined to be a top player;

CraigSamuelsOverview_Attributes.png

nice looking squad you have there :) sigurdsson seems to be an integral part of your squad from what i have seen, he was good the one season i had him for swansea after getting the transfer update someone created, unfortunately on my swansea save he didnt intend on staying.

i have played 2 games since taking over and both have resulted in 0-0 draws against league leaders liverpool and struggling fulham, plenty of chances just not getting the ball in the net. Because of this i am going to design 3 new tactics to specifically suit the new team in order to get the best out of the attackers. Should have beat liverpool if Ashley Cole didnt miss a penalty and Jamal Blackman came back to haunt us in the fulham game by stopping everything we threw out him.

Only 4 days till the transfer window as well and will be looking into developing the squad, a few players from my old everton team interest me but getting them will be nearly impossible from the fees my scouts believe will have to be paid.

Apologies for the double post, here's December:

Premier League

Fulham 0 - 2 Chelsea

Basille 20'

Comberton 80'

A good win, goals from a couple of backup players which was nice to see

Europ League Group Stage

HSV 0 - 4 Chelsea

Dobbs 5', 43', 45'

McEachran 10'

A really good win to secure first place in the group, Dobbs was outstanding with Neymar being suspended (seems to get booked a lot actually, often for diving, not sure how to stop that).

Premier Leage

Chelsea 3 - 0 Tottenham

Said 18'

Neymar 77', 87'

A very good win, took us a while to get the goals to kill it off, but we played very well overall.

Leage Cup Quarter Final

Chelsea 2 - 0 Aston Villa

Dobbs 6'

Ramires 26'

Good performance from the youngsters, with a couple of seniors like Ramires also slotting in.

Europa League Group Stage

Chelsea 4 - 1 Aris

Rafael 42'

Dobbs 45+2'

Lukaku 48', 73'

Markos 53'

A good win to finish the group stages, Lukaku was coming back from an injury of a few weeks, so it was good to give him the second half and see him grab a couple of goals.

Premier League

Swansea 0 - 3 Chelsea

Lukaku 1'

Mata 6', 78'

Lukaku scored after 13 seconds, quickest I've ever seen!

Chelsea 3 - 0 Blackpool

Rafael 40', 67'

Dobbs 43'

Again Neymar suspended, but Dobbs stepped up. Rafael also developing into a very nice goal threat from the AMC position.

Conclusions

A good strong month, no goals conceded in the league which was superb, I think defence is the area I'm most pleased with in this team, and the players there are young and will only get better. Dobbs also looks like he'll develop into a fantastic striker in the future. The next Michael Woods for me? Doubt it, but we'll see...

what tactic did u use man?impressive

I was gonna post an update, but I think I'll wait until the end of December and do one for the first half of the season.

instead, I'm just here to post that I lost my first game as Chelsea manager :thdn: 2-1 at Old Trafford. I was winning 0-1 at HT, but after using all three of my subs quite early in the second half, Ramires picked up an injury and I played around 25 minutes with 10 men. United stormed ahead from there and it was backs to wall big time. ended up losing the match thanks to a last gasp goal from Rooney. Gutting.

Just finished the 2018/2019 season. A few pics to update everyone on my progress:

FinalLeagueTable2019.png

Won the league quite convincingly after two years without the title. Also won the Champions League.

Formation2019.png

Here's a picture of the tactics I have used over the past few years, and my main lineup. Hulk and Neymar have been devastating since I bought them, they've both got a great assist and goal record, and Gotze has been impressive too. My striker, Aitor Leon is a regen from Spain. Bought him for £14m from Barcelona at the start of the 2017/18 season and got 16 league goals that season. This season he finished with 36 in 33 league games, and 59 in 54 overall games. A few screenshots of Neymar and Hulk's history at Chelsea, and Leon's profile:

NeymarHistory.png

HulkHistory.png

My regen I bought last season from Barcelona for £14m. He got 16 league goals in his first season, but after making him my main striker he's been sensational. Pretty much won me the League and Champions League, winning the top scorer award in both. Here's a picture of his attribute page:

AitorLeon.png

Right seeing how bad chelsea currently are under AVB i think im gonna start a proper game.

Man City will no doubt win the league in season one so i tihnk im gonna do a clear out of the old guys. Getting rid of terry, lampard, drogba,anelka to begin with

I don't see how City will "no doubt" win the league in the opening season?

Archived